PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new game, advice needed

Romford Pele
December 10th, 2014, 8:01 AM
So, I have a PS3 and am looking at something I would like to play a fair bit over xmas.

Choices are:-

Fifa 15
Minecraft
Turtles: Secret of the ooze
Latest Call of Duty
Latest Grand Theft Auto

OR

Latest Civilsation game on PC

I have Fifa 14 which I play a fair bit, Civilsation 2010 and Grand Theft Auto from 2009/2010

Advice please?

The Rogerer
December 10th, 2014, 8:06 AM
Minecraft you'll either get addicted to or not see the point in. You could probably get it and GTA V for £20-£30 combined, and have a much better time than the £30 or £40 you'd spend on one of the other things.

It's not really worth upgrading a Civ game.

Romford Pele
December 10th, 2014, 8:29 AM
I saw Minecraft was about a tenner so might go with that and see if I can get GTA V for a good price, cheers :beer:

Gary J
December 10th, 2014, 8:32 AM
GTA V is £20 most places now or at least it was the other day when I was Christmas shopping.

Romford Pele
December 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks Gary, I'm off next weds so will probably get it then.

turdpower
December 10th, 2014, 3:14 PM
Download a free Minecraft app on your phone/tablet. You'll instantly know if it's for you.

It wasn't for me.

Jay
December 10th, 2014, 4:28 PM
If you're a fan of the multiplayer, Call of Duty. If not, then definitely GTA V.

I've heard there isn't a great deal of difference between FIFA 14 and 15 on PS3, so I personally wouldn't bother.

Bill Casey
December 10th, 2014, 4:48 PM
GTA V

The driving is improved, the shooting is improved, the missions are improved...
There's a cast of colorful batshit mental patients and a properly madcap adventure storyline that functions as a parody of action films and reality television...

turdpower
December 10th, 2014, 5:00 PM
If you're a fan of the multiplayer, Call of Duty. If not, then definitely GTA V.

I've heard there isn't a great deal of difference between FIFA 14 and 15 on PS3, so I personally wouldn't bother.

Fifa is an interesting one. While a lot doesn't seem to be different (does it ever?), if you haven't played 15 be prepared to concede a shit load of goals. You'll have no problems scoring but games ending 5-5 initially are common.

Romford Pele
December 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Is the game play much different? Faster?

turdpower
December 15th, 2014, 2:59 PM
Defensively you get punished for mistakes more, defending is much harder.

It seems much easier on the ball, but again you have to be fairly spot on with passes.

If you like football and you liked Fifa 14, there's no reason why you wouldn't get 15. Only worth it if you're going to play it a fair amount and online.

EDIT: You've put the Fifa series as number 2 as your all time favourite games...

Romford Pele
December 19th, 2014, 8:14 AM
Yeah I love Fifa series but still unsure as whether to get new one or not...

Rip
December 20th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Download a free Minecraft app on your phone/tablet. You'll instantly know if it's for you.

It wasn't for me.

My kids love it, bores the Hell out of me.