Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Looking forward to this. 2-1 Scotland.

wardy
November 18th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Vote yes

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I don't care if it's a friendly I can't wait. Hopefully we fucking smash them. Fucking bastards.

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I reckon you'll win. Not that you looked good against Ireland but there's a new confidence about you and I can't see England being arsed despite the protestations that they are. Anya looks ace every time I see him for Scotland.

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
England won't give a shit.

I think we're set up to play away generally but Hamish McTosh will put one on the Ox or Berahino early and I don't think the England players will be up for it after that.

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 12:08 PM
If England don't give a shit then that tells you exactly what's wrong with your national team.

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
If Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland played like they do against England against everyone else they'd regularly make the latter stages of tournaments.

To England it's another game

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Hahahhaah!

Right then. That will probably be why yous have been absolutely shit at every tournament since 2008.

Just another game lads, just another game.

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Hahahhaah!

Right then. That will probably be why yous have been absolutely shit at every tournament since 2008.

Just another game lads, just another game.

If Scotland could raise themselves for proper games like they do for friendlies against England, maybe they wouldn't have failed to qualify for every tournament since 1998.

England are bollocks, but it has fuck all to do with not caring about friendlies against Scotland - we routinely dispatch teams of Scotland's quality with ease in meaningful games, that's why we have a great record of qualifying for tournaments. Our problem is being utterly incapable of getting a result against anyone roughly as good or better than us.

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 12:31 PM
There's nothing wrong with raising your game against superior opposition and trying to prove a point, btw. I know what that feels like 100%. This is your Southend vs Man United.

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 12:44 PM
There's nothing wrong with raising your game against superior opposition and trying to prove a point, btw. I know what that feels like 100%. This is your Southend vs Man United.

And of course, United's lack of success this year can be blamed on their 4-0 defeat to MK Dons.

JP
November 18th, 2014, 2:41 PM
Went to the last game at Wembley and watched the game with a Scottish mate of mine (one of the most glorious experiences of my footballing life) and watching the game tonight with another Scottish mate in the hope I'll be able to watch another entertaining win while somehow living through the night.

Have the feeling this is going to be a very entertaining game, once again, though I have Scotland as slight favourites.

Bad Collin
November 18th, 2014, 4:26 PM
I know its Scotland v England but its very full on for a friendly

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 4:32 PM
@OptaJoe: 2 - England have now gone two hours (in the 27th minute of this game) since last facing a shot on target from an opposition player. Closed.

Bad Collin
November 18th, 2014, 4:35 PM
Great goal

Bad Collin
November 18th, 2014, 4:47 PM
Gordon Strachan is the most Scottish looking man ever

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 4:48 PM
Just come in from work. How have we been? The goal was outstanding. Hats off.

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 4:50 PM
If Scotland could raise themselves for proper games like they do for friendlies against England, maybe they wouldn't have failed to qualify for every tournament since 1998.

England are bollocks, but it has fuck all to do with not caring about friendlies against Scotland - we routinely dispatch teams of Scotland's quality with ease in meaningful games, that's why we have a great record of qualifying for tournaments. Our problem is being utterly incapable of getting a result against anyone roughly as good or better than us.

Oh do fuck off.

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 4:57 PM
How long before clyne and Robertson are at "big" clubs. They are shit hot. Love watching them both.

Gary J
November 18th, 2014, 5:11 PM
I love Andrew Robertson he has been our best player by a mile this season.

Andy
November 18th, 2014, 5:16 PM
How long before clyne and Robertson are at "big" clubs. They are shit hot. Love watching them both.

Next season I'd imagine. Both have looked massively impressive, just as much as Luke Shaw.

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 5:28 PM
FUCK YOU STEVIE MAY

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 5:40 PM
We've been pretty dire here. Quite disappointing. Lucky it's just another game.

Beefy
November 18th, 2014, 5:46 PM
Lol.

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 6:50 PM
I don't care if it's a friendly I can't wait. Hopefully we fucking smash them. Fucking bastards.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--oh1TGM9Jf8/U1275BZuGHI/AAAAAAAAGnU/JanKy1TeKfw/s1600/tumblr_llekp7SjKt1qa5lio.png

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 6:51 PM

Robertson does look class. Hopefully we can buy him off Hull, then fuck him into our reserves and sell him back for a fraction of the price in a few years.

Gary J
November 18th, 2014, 6:52 PM
Not sure he'd want to drop down a division to play for Spurs.

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 6:55 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--oh1TGM9Jf8/U1275BZuGHI/AAAAAAAAGnU/JanKy1TeKfw/s1600/tumblr_llekp7SjKt1qa5lio.png

It's just another game lads. We won the important one against your beloved Ireland or are you Jamaican today?

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 6:58 PM
Not sure he'd want to drop down a division to play for Spurs.

Terrifyingly realistic.

Simon
November 18th, 2014, 6:59 PM
It's just another game lads. We won the important one against your beloved Ireland or are you Jamaican today?

England today, Jammo tomorrow. Ireland on weekends.

Was surprised by how arsed England looked. Was also surprised by how bad Scotland were, I expected more.

MikeHunt
November 18th, 2014, 7:06 PM
That's the poorest we've been under strachan. Beware Gibraltar time for a thrashing. 11-0.

Gary J
November 18th, 2014, 7:33 PM
Terrifyingly realistic.

Spurs would probably be the one "big" team he would play regularly. (I say that personally i think he's better then Moreno at Liverpool.)

I would hope he would be smart enough to realise he'd most likely be back up if he moved elsewhere. I should definitely enjoy him while i can because he's not going to be with us for long.

Simon
November 19th, 2014, 5:06 AM
He's looked great every time I've seen him but not convinced he's shown enough to be good enough for a top side yet (not that we are a top side, obviously :().

Hope he doesn't move any time soon - yeah he might get a game for us and looks good at a mid-table club, but we said the same about Ben Davies and he hasn't had a look in so far.

I love Hull nowadays. Systematically signing all my favourite Spurs players and topping it up with creamy foreign talent. Hopefully you'll have a little look at Lennon soon.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 5:20 AM
That game last night was too one-sided even to bother trolling the Scots any more. Half a fringe team from the worst England side in 25 years utterly outclassed the best Scottish side in 15 years. Colin Hendry & Gary McAllister will be turning in their graves.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 5:37 AM
Subtle but shit beefy. Come on you're better than that and it's potty season.

Gary J
November 19th, 2014, 5:51 AM
He's looked great every time I've seen him but not convinced he's shown enough to be good enough for a top side yet (not that we are a top side, obviously :().

Hope he doesn't move any time soon - yeah he might get a game for us and looks good at a mid-table club, but we said the same about Ben Davies and he hasn't had a look in so far.

I love Hull nowadays. Systematically signing all my favourite Spurs players and topping it up with creamy foreign talent. Hopefully you'll have a little look at Lennon soon.

Seeing what has happened with Ben Davies gives me hope we might hold onto him a bit longer. As for Lennon I think he was born in Leeds so he might want to be nearer his hometown it's more likely he'll end up at Q.P.R with Defoe in January.

RFF Champ
November 19th, 2014, 5:56 AM
Hull are shite. 6 wins from last 30, out of Europe, out of the League Cup. Bruce gone by New Year.

BBF
November 19th, 2014, 6:08 AM
Nathaniel Clyne is a world beater.

Simon
November 19th, 2014, 6:11 AM
Hull are shite. 6 wins from last 30, out of Europe, out of the League Cup. Bruce gone by New Year.

Not with Big Daws, Big Hudd and Big Jake getting amongst it. You watch, come Christmas they will be running tings.

Ringo
November 19th, 2014, 6:25 AM
I hope Stevie Bruce sorts it out. I've developed a real love for him. I liked him going nuts on deadline day and suddenly signing all these classy exotic types. Typical for it to all fall apart after taking those risks.

RFF Champ
November 19th, 2014, 6:27 AM
He only signed one player with no experience in English or Scottish football. They weren't really risks, just available players and a chairman prepared to pay for them.

Ringo
November 19th, 2014, 6:31 AM
I know Ben Arfa and Ramirez are only loan deals but they're definitely classy players who weren't fulfilling their potential at Newcastle and Soton for one reason or another. They're hardly sure things. Abel Hernandez cost £10m and is another who has been hyped up for years without ever really showing why.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 6:32 AM
Subtle but shit beefy. Come on you're better than that and it's potty season.

You know who is not better than that? Scotland.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 6:49 AM
More rubbish.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 6:55 AM
You know what's rubbish....?

Ah forget it.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 7:11 AM
Probably for the best beefy.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 7:11 AM
It's just another game after all.

son_of_foley
November 19th, 2014, 7:14 AM
It's like Beefy said though if you guys could perform like that in every game you would 100% qualify for tournaments.....

Badger
November 19th, 2014, 8:37 AM
We scored a good goal, otherwise abysmal. Move onto March.

Romford Pele
November 19th, 2014, 9:44 AM
Good win last night, but lets not get too excited, its Scotland.

Ox and Wilshire looked decent though, and Milner should be in the middle more often.

Of course Wellbeck got injured :(

BBF
November 19th, 2014, 9:46 AM
Milner should be an automatic starter. He's fucking good. Wilshere, Henderson and Milner. Lots of energy and running.

Gary J
November 19th, 2014, 9:47 AM

I don't know why you persist in this argument Bruce will be gone by new year. Getting us promoted and last season's cup run has earnt him a lot of credit with our fans and it would take a lot for us to turn on him. Granted the defeat to Burnley was a bit disappointing but we have managed to get points off and the early european exit was a bit gutting. But considering where we have come from it's nice to complain about an early European exit. We've taken points off Liverpool and Arsenal in recent weeks we'll be fine and unless he gets offered a shot at a "bigger club" he'll still be with us.

Romford Pele
November 19th, 2014, 9:49 AM
Milner should be an automatic starter. He's fucking good. Wilshere, Henderson and Milner. Lots of energy and running.

I think Man Citys treatment of him has made people forget how good he is. I've always thought he was better in the middle.

Gary J
November 19th, 2014, 9:59 AM
Do Man City really treat him that badly? He's played 123 league games for them out of a possible 163. He's played in 17 champions league games and considering how early they tend to go out of Europe that's probably a very high percentage. The only games for them he hasn't featured in this season are the Liverpool and Stoke games. Considering the squad Man City have and how they rotate I don't really think he needs to be going elsewhere to be playing more regularly.

BBF
November 19th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Agreed he hasn't done terribly but I think at a Liverpool, Spurs or Everton he'd be THE man.

Gary J
November 19th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I don't think he would be the man at any of those clubs. I think he is just seen as a workman like player and while I agree he would improve the teams you mentioned I think he would just be seen as a cog that helped the flair players perform kinda like he is seen at Man City.

BBF
November 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I'm horribly biased to be fair. I just bloody love Jimmy Milner. I do think he'd be a very valuable player for any of those clubs though.

Gary J
November 19th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Agree I do think he's a valuable player at Man City though probably just as valued as Zabaleta. But Silva and Aguero are the ones who get all the headlines as they are the two best players Man City have.

Simon
November 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Milner would play the same understated role in most teams I think, it's just not in his nature to be front-of-centre. Funnily enough he is actually decent in attacking positions despite his reputation as being a safe option, somehow managing to score and create a reasonable number of goals but in an unfussy, somewhat mundane way.

Incidentally I think I finally got the Lallana hype yesterday. The way he controls and runs with the ball under pressure is something I'm not sure anyone else in the side can offer, even Sterling. His close control is unreal.

Mik
November 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
What were you tools playing at yesterday predicting that Scotland would win and then gloating when they didnt. Who were you trying to fool?

Simon
November 19th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I genuinely thought Scotland would win, there was no gamesmanship there. I thought they would be up for it and England wouldn't be, in the end it seemed like if anything it was the other way around.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I thought Scotland weren't shite anymore. Turns out I was wrong.

Mik
November 19th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Shut up.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 12:39 PM
You shut up.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I thought Scotland weren't shite anymore. Turns out I was wrong.

What you did was essentially bet on your rival. No way of losing. Wanker move. Bad shout in potty season.

Beefy
November 19th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Not really. I genuinely thought Scotland would win and therefore predicted it. I'd have been disappointed to lose obviously.

MikeHunt
November 19th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Right then

Mik
November 19th, 2014, 5:18 PM
You shut up.

Shut up.

The Rosk
November 19th, 2014, 6:30 PM
James Milner is just brilliant. I have said for years and years and years he should play in the middle. He's just good at everything and really gives a shit. I would have him over anyone else in the middle for England. Anyone. I hate fair weather poncey midfielders who have won nothing for us in decades. Get Jimmy in there and let him fight his way to bloody goals and assists and plunder his way through everyone like he's done for arguably the best team in our country for he last three years.

Romford Pele
November 20th, 2014, 6:25 AM
Do Man City really treat him that badly? He's played 123 league games for them out of a possible 163. He's played in 17 champions league games and considering how early they tend to go out of Europe that's probably a very high percentage. The only games for them he hasn't featured in this season are the Liverpool and Stoke games. Considering the squad Man City have and how they rotate I don't really think he needs to be going elsewhere to be playing more regularly.

I dont mean number of games, but they seemed to play him mostly on the wing, which I dont think has ever been his position.