mr sabu
October 11th, 2014, 1:24 AM
im sure her japanese partners would love her even more if they see that

Peter Griffin
October 11th, 2014, 9:51 AM
:facepalm:

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 11th, 2014, 1:12 PM
Dixie has now apologized for her comments.

She can apologize til she's blue in the face. That a 50 year old woman heading a company would even consider posting something like this is truly mind blowing. She should really give up the Twitter. Anyone else heading a company would be asked (or forced) to step down. But daddy's girl won't of course.

Great timing Dixie with TV negotiations ongoing. Brilliant.

AudioDynamite
October 11th, 2014, 1:26 PM
Dixie has now apologized for her comments.

She can apologize til she's blue in the face. That a 50 year old woman heading a company would even consider posting something like this is truly mind blowing. She should really give up the Twitter. Anyone else heading a company would be asked (or forced) to step down. But daddy's girl won't of course.

Great timing Dixie with TV negotiations ongoing. Brilliant.

Further proof she is a clueless bitch.

DDT
October 11th, 2014, 2:50 PM
I...I just....I can't even....

Wow. Just wow.

Greed
October 11th, 2014, 4:30 PM
Not nearly as bad as Jacksonville making fun of Ebola at their nfl game.

humanimal
October 11th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Yeah, not a smart idea....but I'd like to know if SHE actually tweeted it or it was some office guy who runs the account most of the time....regardless, wrong move.

Additionally, things said/done with the Rusev angle and many other WWE storylines have been equally offensive.

Unfortunately, wrestling doesn't have great history in this area.

StoneColdWWE316
October 12th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Delusional Dixie strikes again.

She is just the absolute worst. I truly wonder what her mindset or lack there of is.

Its no wonder Spike TV is giving TNA the boot because of her mainly.

Donald
October 12th, 2014, 1:39 AM
Sensitive guys. That was hilarious.

Dixie Carter isn't a genius so it leads me to believe she did not know of any upcoming storm.

Matthew
October 12th, 2014, 8:40 AM
She is just the absolute worst.
:rolleyes:

Nash Diesel
October 12th, 2014, 11:52 AM
im sure her japanese partners would love her even more if they see that

eh, the relationship is a joke anyway.

Dixies an idiot. Nothing new there.

Jaymz
October 12th, 2014, 4:45 PM
Delusional Dixie strikes again.

She is just the absolute worst. I truly wonder what her mindset or lack there of is.

Its no wonder Spike TV is giving TNA the boot because of her mainly.

And WWE referred to midgets as 'half' people in this week's episode of Smackdown, broadcast to the world.

Stop overreacting

Donald
October 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM
The whole world is delusional.

StoneColdWWE316
October 12th, 2014, 10:39 PM
And WWE referred to midgets as 'half' people in this week's episode of Smackdown, broadcast to the world.

Stop overreacting

So its ok for her to mock about a Typhoon heading for Japan? But hey its ok right because watch our PPV.

No thanks

The_Mike
October 12th, 2014, 10:42 PM

Stop overreacting

:dunno: Why does that make it an overreaction to have a problem with what Carter did in a thread about what Carter did?

The whole world is delusional.

Do you think that's more likely than you just not really getting why some people who don't think like you have an issue?

Matthew
October 12th, 2014, 11:49 PM
So its ok for her to mock about a Typhoon heading for Japan? But hey its ok right because watch our PPV.

No thanks
he did not say that at all. he said you were overreacting. calling her the 'absolute worst' (although you don't even clarify what you even mean, what a surprise), is a bit of an overreaction.

Panther52
October 12th, 2014, 11:57 PM
meh, who of us hasn't said or done something insensitive or inanely stupid before? difference is she has a larger audience so it gets magnified.

StoneColdWWE316
October 13th, 2014, 1:40 AM
he did not say that at all. he said you were overreacting. calling her the 'absolute worst' (although you don't even clarify what you even mean, what a surprise), is a bit of an overreaction.

If you say so and what I meant by absolute worst is her being the absolute worst person to make that comment. Does that help clarify it for you?

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 1:44 AM
:rolleyes:

Jesse Sorensen says hi.

AudioDynamite
October 13th, 2014, 3:46 AM

Stop overreacting

Midget jokes vs national disaster that can kill thousands as a joke hmmmmmm, big difference.

son_of_foley
October 13th, 2014, 8:38 AM
:dunno: Why does that make it an overreaction to have a problem with what Carter did in a thread about what Carter did?

Do you think that's more likely than you just not really getting why some people who don't think like you have an issue?
The comment was Spike are getting rid of TNA from tv because of her MAINLY.

Jaymz was making the point that the audience for this comment etc probably isnt going to be a massive concern to Spike considering what was actively broadcast on tv by WWE.

At least that's how I read what he put

The Rogerer
October 13th, 2014, 9:03 AM
TNA turns good posters into a bunch of ninnies

son_of_foley
October 13th, 2014, 9:06 AM
It was a moronic post from her no doubt. I do think though that if she was a man we probably wouldn't see as much vitriol about all her mistakes.

darkhorse
October 13th, 2014, 9:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZds58KkN4

Matthew
October 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
If you say so and what I meant by absolute worst is her being the absolute worst person to make that comment. Does that help clarify it for you?
no. that doesn't make sense, sorry. are you saying that she is the 'absolute worst person to make that comment' in the world? tna? wrestling? or are you saying that comment makes her the 'absolute worst person'?

Matthew
October 13th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Jesse Sorensen says hi.
he ended up fine

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2014, 10:45 AM
The trolling is thick in this thread for a Monday.

Did anyone even bother to order the ppv? This tweet is getting more conversation than the actual ppv.....sad.

Badger
October 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Saw the line-up and we get the replay on Challenge TV Weds night, but since I'd have to ask the likes of Defrost or DDT who the hell these people are I think I'll pass. It's like giving the UK Wrestlemania with 95% Brits and no appearance from Brock the champ.

mr sabu
October 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM

Did anyone even bother to order the ppv? This tweet is getting more conversation than the actual ppv.....sad.

I forgot they even had a ppv

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Saw the line-up and we get the replay on Challenge TV Weds night, but since I'd have to ask the likes of Defrost or DDT who the hell these people are I think I'll pass. It's like giving the UK Wrestlemania with 95% Brits and no appearance from Brock the champ.

haha exactly. What really fucked them was having to do post-BFG t.v. tapings BEFORE the ppv. That's why this show had more of a Starrcade '95 feel and only 1 match out of all those had any real storyline attached to it and that was the main event with Muta/Tajiri v. Storm/Sanada.

darkhorse
October 13th, 2014, 1:07 PM
Quite honestly, I think this event would have worked as a Clash Of The Champions/Saturday Night's Main Event type program on Spike, or even one of the One Night Only PPVs. However, a massively tape-delayed event under an umbrella that has historically been TNA's equivalent of WrestleMania for $39.99 (especially in the day and age of the WWE Network where you can get live events (and more) for 25-35% of that) just doesn't fly. Especially when episodes of Impact that air after the event are taped before it even begins.

And then there's the thought of how ridiculous that would have proven to be if some freak injury happened at the event and the performer in question were shown healthy as a horse on this week's episode of Impact - any wrestling company should know well enough to take that aspect into account, even TNA.

StoneColdWWE316
October 13th, 2014, 2:48 PM
haha exactly. What really fucked them was having to do post-BFG t.v. tapings BEFORE the ppv. That's why this show had more of a Starrcade '95 feel and only 1 match out of all those had any real storyline attached to it and that was the main event with Muta/Tajiri v. Storm/Sanada.

The intentions were good for them to do something different having their major PPV outside the U.S. but like you said they already Taped all their TV post-BFG which made the Show irrelevant. Speaking of Starrcade 1995 is that Show any good? I know it has the Best of 7 with WCW vs NJPW.

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2014, 2:55 PM
I actually just watched it last week and almost 20 years later it still stands as one of the best WCW ppvs they ever did.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 13th, 2014, 3:11 PM

I doubt it. The PPV structure for wrestling is dead.

Pay $40 (whatever this BFG cost) for an event that virtually no one knows what the card is (even their regular Impact viewing audience). Compare to it that you could get 3 months of month-by-month subscriptions that include Rumble/Mania + a 3rd month.

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2014, 3:20 PM
It should've and could've been a huge ppv for TNA but I'm sure it was a hard ppv to book knowing that you'd also have to record a month's worth of Impact that airs AFTER the ppv itself. WCW used to do this kind of shit and it never worked, they realized even before Vince that you had to go live every week and if you had to pre-tape shows, you will fuck yourself when it comes to champions if you don't pay attention.

The following I'll put in spoilers because it pertains to the results of future impact tapings:

The dumbest thing they did was have Roode win the belt a couple weeks ago for a taping that won't air for another 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken. Should've kept the World title on Lashley. Havok has already lost the KO title to Taryn, and there are also new tag-team champions and a new X division champion. So basically, the champions we saw on BFG and leading up, they haven't been the champs for at least a week or 2. So it's no wonder this show was more like an overblown house show than a ppv worth buying.

Like darkhorse said, as a one night only ppv or one of those "special" Impact shows that they could've filmed in Japan, this would've worked a lot better. Financially for fans and for TNA. I'd be surprised if they break 20,000 buys.

The Rogerer
October 13th, 2014, 4:17 PM
I wouldn't say PPV is dead, just more that the value has plummeted. I don't just mean with price competition against the network, as much that a)we are now drowning in wrestling footage and b)how many events are so must see that you'd want to watch them live at cost?

Also it helps when it's not a complete death throe.

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2014, 4:23 PM
That's the thing, if ppvs were MUST SEE, then it'd be an easier sell for wrestling companies. WWE are just flat out lazy, these throwaway ppvs that turn out good are good out of chance not because the builds were great for the most part. TNA thinks they're WWE Jr. so of course they're going to book shitty ass ppvs, even those 2 hour One night only shows are pretty terrible...not to mention about 3 months behind what's going on t.v. lol. TNA gives away pretty much everything for free i.e. almost every single World title change since the BFG that Jeff Hardy beat Aries at has changed hands on Spike and not ppv. I think all of them have if I'm not mistaken. Then you have BFG 2014, great concept, had a buzz going, and then nothing came of it......

Matthew
October 13th, 2014, 5:04 PM
The intentions were good for them to do something different having their major PPV outside the U.S. but like you said they already Taped all their TV post-BFG which made the Show irrelevant. Speaking of Starrcade 1995 is that Show any good? I know it has the Best of 7 with WCW vs NJPW.
is this what happens when no one answers questions for you? you just can't respond and clarify yourself?

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 5:19 PM
he ended up fine

No thanks to this cunt

Jaymz
October 13th, 2014, 6:01 PM
Midget jokes vs national disaster that can kill thousands as a joke hmmmmmm, big difference.

Okay, we'll throw in necrophilia angles, implied rape of a backstage announcer, a one-legged wrestler as a side-show and Vince McMahon using the N-word on television.

As for Typhoons, they happen in that part of the world. Hell, WWF had a tag-team of Earthquake and Typhoon, how fucking insensitive.

Craig T. Nelson
October 16th, 2014, 9:26 AM
This was pretty funny, not the pic, corny as hell. But the reactions to it

"Just wow" lol