PDA

View Full Version : "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey

Pages : [1] 2

sam_elmendorf
October 7th, 2014, 8:54 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Cyborg-vs-Ronda.png

I've never seen a thread dedicated to just Ronda, so I wanted to start one. If there is one MODS, close this one.

Let's get it started with what you think is going to happen if Cristiane Justino comes in to UFC to face the rowdy one?

Should we even be talking about this since she hasn't even had her 135 pound fight yet in Invicta FC?

Will Mr. White bring her in, or will he come up with reasons not to bring her in?

Will he protect Ronda since she is a multi genre superstar for the women's division in the UFC?

Nash Diesel
October 8th, 2014, 9:37 AM
Part of me used to think Ronda didn't want shit to do with Cyborg. Now that her skills have evolved, I think she would welcome the fight more than in the past. She still wants it at 135. Cyborg isn't a hard sell, you show what she can do and if she lasts at 135 I don't see a reason for her not to be on Rousey's radar for 2015. Sadly, I think that we'll miss this one just like we probably will with Anderson Silva v. GSP. Or maybe it'll be down the road even more when it won't be as relevant like say Liddell v. Wanderlai. Rousey's schedule is unknown. Will she keep acting? Will she even be champion? She still has a couple women that are barking up her tree that are very good, but again, Ronda's skills are also evolving, she's not just judo she's putting it all together and looking good doing it.

If she was willing to fight Gina Carano, why would she turn down any fight? You can't just accept a fight like that and not expect people to expect you to fight everyone else. You want to defend your belt against someone who hasn't fought in 4-5 years yet won't fight the others? Yeah Ronda's not the type to let people get one over on her. I think if both women keep winning, stay injury free, and Rousey doesn't do a movie at the end of the year, we'll see these 2 in December 2015 main eventing a huge ppv.

OD50
October 10th, 2014, 2:06 PM
I like Ronda more than most I guess.. Still hope Cat Zingano somehow can take her out though.

OD50
October 10th, 2014, 2:13 PM
As for Ronda/Cyborg.. in SF a couple of years ago at 145 I'm positive Cyborg would have legit murdered Ronda. Today at 135 I'd favor Rousey. Will be interesting to see Cyborg's 135 debut in Invicta though.

Nash Diesel
October 10th, 2014, 2:19 PM
Yeah I have to see Cyborg at 135 not just once, but a couple times before making a solid statement on who'd win. Some talent thrives at a lower weight, others not so much. I think the only reason Cyborg is going down to 135 is to make a run at Ronda and since Ronda has no intentions on fighting Cyborg at any weight other than 135 (can't blame her) then that's what she'll have to do.

sam_elmendorf
October 24th, 2014, 11:10 PM
FROM ESPN

UFC female bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey willl seek her fifth title defense against the undefeated Cat Zingano at UFC 182 on Jan. 3 in Las Vegas.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the bout to UFC Tonight on Wednesday. The pay-per-view event will take place at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The championship fight is more than one year in the making. Zingano, 32, originally earned a shot at Rousey following a TKO win over Miesha Tate in April 2013, but suffered a torn ACL in her right knee the following month.

Rousey (10-0) has defended the 135-pound title three times since Zingano's injury, recording finishes in each title bout. After winning her first eight professional bouts by armbar, the former U.S. Olympic judoka has posted back-to-back first-round knockouts in her only two appearances of 2014. Rousey, 27, required limited time off after her last title defense in July, due to a hand injury.

Zingano (9-0) returned from a 17-month layoff at UFC 178 last month. She survived a rough first round against Amanda Nunes, en route to a TKO finish in the third round. Fighting out of Broomfield, Colo., Zingano has finished eight of the nine opponents she's faced.

Immediately following the win, White confirmed Zingano had re-established herself as the division's No. 1 contender.

A light heavyweight title bout between champion Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is scheduled to headline UFC 182. That bout was originally supposed to take place at UFC 178, but was postponed when Jones suffered a knee injury during training.

Nash Diesel
November 4th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Check this interview with Rousey where she thinks Cyborg should be charged with homicide because she tested positive for PEDs...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ronda-rousey-says-cris-cyborg-should-be-charged-with-attempted-homicide

Nash Diesel
November 5th, 2014, 4:13 PM
Read an interview on BJPenn.com talking about Sara McMann saying she still believes she's the toughest opponent for Ronda, even though Ronda smoked her in a minute.....

OD50
November 5th, 2014, 5:09 PM
It was sort of a questionable stoppage but whatever, if she wins 2-3 fights she'll get another crack.

sam_elmendorf
December 1st, 2014, 8:40 PM
Watched The Expendables 3 over the weekend. Not as bad as a lot of people made it out to be. Was it better than the other 2, no. Was it just a big dumb popcorn movie with action and shit blowing up, YEAH! The only scene I didn't like with Ronda, was her introduction. Might have been her first day on set, but it just seemed she was unnatural. But the rest of her scenes were ok. Antonio ate that movie up and owned it as far as I'm concerned. Arnold's 2 chopper lines were 1 too many, but bearable.

So, pro's and con's on Ronda's acting ability, future?

virms
December 1st, 2014, 9:48 PM
She wasn't bad but with practice she should be good. She definitely has a great appeal about her and with the right agent there is no reason she should have to fight much longer honestly.

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
If they play to her strengths then she should be fine if she wants to pursue this post-fighting career. Expendables was her first movie and that's a good start. Pretty much what they did with Carano, surrounded her with mega names in her first movie, limited dialogue, and a ton of ass kicking lol.

Seanny One Ball
December 2nd, 2014, 5:03 PM
I think she's hot and a good fighter but her attitude stinks and she has proven that about as many times as she has won.

Meisha Tate is waaaaaaaaaaay more sympathetic and everyone believes that b.s about Bryan Caraway and her bullying Rhonda. Jesus, after that TUF season I'm amazed Tate hasn't filed a restraining order.

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 5:33 PM
Caraway is an idiot though and Tate is just being the good girlfriend defending him. But she should keep quiet, like when she tried to say why would she be with this dude for so long if he was about abusing women and all I could think of was the hundreds of thousands of women who stay in abusive relationships and act like nothing's wrong with what happens lol. Like that Ray Rice NFL player, his wife is sticking by his side even though she got her ass knocked out in an elevator by him.

With that said, Tate should be in movies. She's beautiful.

Mik
December 2nd, 2014, 5:45 PM
She's not beautiful. She's extremely hot for a fighter with a great body and an average face. But she wouldnt look anything special at all next to a movie star.

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 5:54 PM
She's not beautiful. She's extremely hot for a fighter with a great body and an average face. But she wouldnt look anything special at all next to a movie star.

Naw, she's beautiful, and you can't tell me that every actress out there is hotter than she is or more beautiful than she is. Being a dick I could say look at Susan Sarandon, no way that old lady is hotter than Tate even in her prime. Rebel Wilson? She's hotter than any female on the Walking Dead, Agents of Shield, that's pretty much the only t.v. shows I watch lol.

Bert
December 2nd, 2014, 6:00 PM
Dude what. I'm sure Tate has a great personality but Maggie on Walking Dead and Sky & Simmons on Agents of Shield are both hotter, no question.

Fanny Batter
December 2nd, 2014, 6:00 PM
I'd smash the bejesus out of Susan Sarandon still, no doubt about it.

Mik
December 2nd, 2014, 6:14 PM
Naw, she's beautiful, and you can't tell me that every actress out there is hotter than she is or more beautiful than she is. Being a dick I could say look at Susan Sarandon, no way that old lady is hotter than Tate even in her prime. Rebel Wilson? She's hotter than any female on the Walking Dead, Agents of Shield, that's pretty much the only t.v. shows I watch lol.

When you are talking about 'movie star looks', people dont just mean 'anyone who is in movies'.

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 6:30 PM
When you are talking about 'movie star looks', people dont just mean 'anyone who is in movies'.

You said she wouldn't look anything special next to a movie star. What movie stars? I can think of a lot of movie stars that people think have "movie star looks" that are butt fuck ugly. I think she definitely has the looks to be in movies. I mean if you're talking about an elite group of women that you're thinking of instead of just generalizing by posting that next to a movie star she'd look average...well what actresses? It's all about taste obviously, so I definitely respect what you're saying because again, you might find an actress perfect whereas I might find them hideous.

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 6:31 PM
Dude what. I'm sure Tate has a great personality but Maggie on Walking Dead and Sky & Simmons on Agents of Shield are both hotter, no question.

Maggie, maybe, I've seen some smokin hot pictures of her. Sky? No way. Simmons? That's a close one too but I'm still going with Tate.

Bert
December 2nd, 2014, 7:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PIbqdj8.gif

Nash Diesel
December 2nd, 2014, 8:04 PM
#TeamTate4Life

Seanny One Ball
December 3rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Tate is beautiful, I'm with Nash on this 100%

sam_elmendorf
December 3rd, 2014, 6:36 PM
For me personally, no one is hotter right now than Maggie "Lauren Cohan"!

I do find Ronda is sexy though.

Bert
December 3rd, 2014, 7:45 PM
Skye > Maggie > Ronda > Miesha

Nash Diesel
December 5th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Skye > Maggie > Ronda > Miesha

Oh come on Bert...Ronda>Miesha?? You must be that intimidated by her you're willing to give her the nod in fear of her seeing these posts!

sam_elmendorf
December 9th, 2014, 9:44 PM
FROM THE AP:

Ronda Rousey memoir coming in 2015

The Associated PressPosted: 12/09/2014 12:50:45 PM MST | Updated: about 5 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Actress and martial arts champion Ronda Rousey is ready to share some war stories.

Rousey's memoir "My Fight/Your Fight" has been acquired by Regan Arts, the publisher announced Tuesday. The memoir is scheduled to come out in May and will be co-written by Rousey's sister, Maria Burns Ortiz, a sports journalist who contributes to Fox News Latino and ESPN.com.

Known for her brash, trash-talking style, the 27-year-old Rousey was the first American woman to win an Olympic bronze medal in judo and she currently holds the women's bantamweight title for the mixed martial arts organization Ultimate Fighting Championship. She was seen last summer in "The Expendables 3" and is scheduled to appear in "Furious 7" and "Entourage," a feature film based on the HBO series.

sam_elmendorf
December 23rd, 2014, 7:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2HyCgUWh4

Last 60 seconds i'll let you ....

I think I'd let her beat me up for 60 seconds!

1:19 & 2:00 minute mark.

Nash Diesel
December 24th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Never saw the show but I do remember Liddell was on it. Rousey's entourage looked like 3 rough lookin dudes, the Horsewomen....But good for Ronda, she's basically a walking hypocrite for bashing women in the past for doing exactly what she's been doing since the UFC brought in WMMA. Posing naked, half naked, doing movies, when she was rambling a couple years ago about how she doesn't need to do that and put herself out there like that. Either way I'm not complaining, I just find it funny when you hear someone knock others and then a year later do the exact same shit to improve your brand.

sam_elmendorf
January 21st, 2015, 6:29 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/443896eac63eee2d8feccc1ab46a5f1a/tumblr_nfbqswtbNv1tcfs15o1_400.jpg

Mik
January 22nd, 2015, 7:12 AM
Jeez that poster is awful.

Nash Diesel
January 22nd, 2015, 2:47 PM
Is Cat going to pull off the upset?

I think the women's division at 135 needs Rousey out of a couple title fights. It just feels like Rousey and everyone else lol. Miesha is pretty popular, but she failed twice against Rousey. I think we'll more than likely see them fight one more time before they call it a career. I just think the division could benefit from Rousey losing, showing that she's not head and shoulders superior to the rest of the fighters. For the women it has to be more than just who's the hottest, but convincing a male dominated sport it's going to be hard for guys to see beyond that unless they're straight up badass dominant like R3 is.

Mark Hammer
January 22nd, 2015, 3:14 PM
Jeez that poster is awful.

It really is. They seem to have the right idea but the execution is horrible. Belfort and Zingano don't even look like Belfort or Zingano.

Mark Hammer
January 22nd, 2015, 3:15 PM
Is Cat going to pull off the upset?

I think the women's division at 135 needs Rousey out of a couple title fights. It just feels like Rousey and everyone else lol. Miesha is pretty popular, but she failed twice against Rousey. I think we'll more than likely see them fight one more time before they call it a career. I just think the division could benefit from Rousey losing, showing that she's not head and shoulders superior to the rest of the fighters. For the women it has to be more than just who's the hottest, but convincing a male dominated sport it's going to be hard for guys to see beyond that unless they're straight up badass dominant like R3 is.

Cat spends too much time getting beat up in the first round for me to give her much of a chance vs Rousey.

Nash Diesel
January 22nd, 2015, 5:08 PM
It really is. They seem to have the right idea but the execution is horrible. Belfort and Zingano don't even look like Belfort or Zingano.

That's because the last time you posted here Vitor was still all about that TRT homeboy! lol. Cat looks like Cyborg Santos-female.

Nash Diesel
February 13th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I do find it quite comical that early in Rousey's career she talked negatively about women in MMA posing in their bikinis and whatnot and really since she won the SF title she's done a complete 180. Of course I'm talking about her Sports Illustrated photo shoot, she looks really good in those pics.

Fanny Batter
February 13th, 2015, 5:24 PM
I think getting your arse out for a FIGHT! magazine pictorial is a bit different to Sports Illustrated and the Body Issue. When Rousey does a shoot it's being associated with other athletes. Nobody looks down on Sharapova or Pendleton for showing off their beauty, because they do it in decent publications.

Nash Diesel
February 13th, 2015, 5:29 PM
To be fair she's done solo pictorials so to speak in various mags so it's not like she's just simply doing stuff like the Body issue. I think she just realized that she can't be a tom-boy 24/7 and that sex sells and in a male dominated sport both in terms of her peers and the fans, she's going to make more money doing bikini pics and all that fun jazz as opposed to being just one of the guys like she used to act back in the day.

The Law
March 1st, 2015, 1:16 PM
So after last night I think the biggest issue Rousey has is whether people are going to be willing to pay to see her fight if none of her opponents can challenge her. Are people going to keep buying pay-per-views if she keeps winning in 30 seconds or less? Or can they find some fighters who can actually make her work?

Seanny One Ball
March 1st, 2015, 2:03 PM
I think it's likely you'll see Miesha again sometime soon.

It's the JDS/Cain of the womans division right now except Miesha doesn't look likely to win...ever.

Dream-Evil
March 1st, 2015, 7:54 PM
Will probably have to end up having her be the co-main from here on out, out of fear of her stomping opponents within 20 seconds.

Pete Cash
March 1st, 2015, 8:59 PM
I caught her match at the pub. I like her because she seems to make mma fans furious.

Bert
March 1st, 2015, 9:51 PM
Why would she do that?

Pete Cash
March 2nd, 2015, 6:28 AM
Beats me but every time she wins there is loads of hilarity on sherdog.

Nash Diesel
March 2nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Ronda has nothing to do with the loads of "hilarity" on their message board, the level of dumbass gets raised every minute of the day lol.

But I agree about the ppv thing, I read about 5 FB posts on my short list of friends that were basically hyping up the ppv, 2 of them were female fans, excited for the main event and then it was.... "I want my money back". That's basically her biggest negative, which isn't horrible, I mean she's dominant and Mike Tyson knocked motherfuckers out with ease as well but also in Tyson's case...the people he was destroying, he was just that much better. It took till Tyson was post-prison before he started fighting guys on his level or much better and honestly the post-prison Tyson fights are more entertaining than just seeing him knock out subpar dudes in a few minutes. Not to say it wasn't fun watching him lay out people just like I'm not saying it's not cool to see someone so dominant in Ronda Rousey. And Rousey, unlike Tyson in his pre-prison run, she's fighting the elite, women that if you put the #4 v. the #2 ranked, it's going to be competitive. Rousey's just that much more ahead of the game than her competition, at least at this stage.

So it will probably be a little while before we see some truly competitive fights. Def agree about her being a co-main, or at least try to have a really strong co-main under her. Again, nothing horrible about her finishing most of her opponents within a few seconds lol, but it can leave something to be desired.

sam_elmendorf
March 2nd, 2015, 3:04 PM
People going to a pub or bar have no right to complain about wanting their money back.

I have no problem with Rousey destroying her opponents. I had no problem with Tyson when he was destroying his opponents. Rousey is dominating in her division, and will continue to be, everyone will have to deal with it. It's no secret that she destroys within seconds or minutes, so you know what you're paying for.

Nash Diesel
March 2nd, 2015, 3:38 PM
I don't think these people were at a bar demanding their money back, that'd be a little weird.....

And trust me, totally get it, that's why I don't order fights for her specifically. Honestly I've never ordered a card she's been on, nothing personal against her or anything I just haven't ordered very many events over the last 2 years. But if I were to order a card with her on it, it wouldn't have been this one, the original card I would have with Vitor and Weidman headlining but this card didn't really scream "worth it". Crazy to think her last 2 title fights, total of 30 seconds lol.

My boss and I were talking just about how there aren't very many female fighters with the pedigree that Ronda has and I'm not even talking about the Olympics, just the fact she was basically thrown to the Judo wolves at like the age of 2 and that work ethic is top notch which stems from her mother being such a strong woman herself. Very very very few fighters are coming into MMA with the strong base that Ronda has, with the work ethic, the confidence. I'm someone who really couldn't stand listening to her on TUF, but what she does in the cage is unbelievable.

Seanny One Ball
March 2nd, 2015, 4:07 PM
She's younger than me and she scares the bejesus out of me.

Mik
March 3rd, 2015, 5:01 PM
There is no reason why the likes of McCann and Zingano shouldn't be able to last longer with rousey. It really is the Tyson factor of them mentally defeating themselves before they get into the octagon.

Nash Diesel
March 3rd, 2015, 5:17 PM
I was reading someone's post on another site and they were talking about how Cat did the same exact thing in her last fight, where she bullrushed Brock Lesnar style and got tossed and beat up in the first round. It could be the Tyson factor or Rousey is just that much ahead of the curve.

It's hard to fuck with that base she has which is something a lot of female fighters don't have period, a base style. You hear a lot of these girls either started training MMA directly or maybe they wrestled or were in karate but the latter is few and far between. Rousey is someone who again I don't really like her outside of the cage with how she carries herself in certain situations but oh well, I'm sure she wouldn't like me either lol. But what she does in the cage is just remarkable.

But I do agree in a way it could be mental for the most part, like they just overthink their gameplan, they don't have the confidence, or they let their emotions get the best of them (like the first time Tate fought her).

Seanny One Ball
March 3rd, 2015, 6:28 PM
She'll do a Karo and grt found out then decline into drug use and coffee cup sized staph infections.
Then she'll move to Bellator and fight Phil Baroni.

Nash Diesel
March 3rd, 2015, 6:36 PM
Ronda's first loss, IMO, will be when she becomes too comfortable and someone Chris Weidman's her. That probably won't be for another 2-3 years, but trust me that's how these greats start falling off. GSP, Anderson, when they became too comfortable, they started either losing or almost losing and getting their ass beat. When the supreme challenges stop, and you're just facing whoever they throw at you and you are super confident in your skills but the drive isn't there like it was 2-3 years prior, that's when the shit hits the fan. Who knows, Ronda may never lose and she'll retire undefeated and maybe come out of retirement when she's 35 and maybe lose then Idk.

Seanny One Ball
March 3rd, 2015, 11:03 PM
That went from a solid point to fence sitting in a flawlessly political stream.

Mik
March 4th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I dont think that GSP ever became too comfortable. The sport evolves. You spend years becoming the best and getting success by training a certain way and fighting a certain way. You maybe train for 16 years before you are a top level MMA fighter, starting with whatever discipline you start in. The way you train and the way you fight is ingrained into you and but for slight tweaks here and there you cannot change things, you cannot overhaul things anyway. Then you spend a couple of years getting to the top, maybe spend a year or two on the top in most cases. In that time, someone has been training 2-4 years advanced from the way you have been training, the game has evolved. The last few years of their training might have been to literally find improvements on the game that has made you so successful. It is just evolution. There are very VERY few sports where people havent improved at them as time has progressed. But there are very VERY few fighters who can improve when they've already reached their pinnacle. We thought that Anderson Silva was as good as a fighter can get and he might well have been at the time, but Jon Jones has undoubtedly improved on that...as a physical specimen but also with his ability to do most of the things that Silva does well to close to Silva's ability (his power isnt as good as Silva for example), but by being significantly stronger than Silva on his weaknesses (Wrestling...age...).

Some of these athlete's are so far ahead of the curve that the game might well not catch them up by the time they are finished, but not many. I think that Jon Jones might not be beat as a light heavyweight if he handles Rumble the way he has everyone else so far (I've spoken a lot about Gus in the past, but I think that Jones is improving more than Gus is, I do think that styles make fights and Jones has never dealt with fighting someone with Gus' particular size, range and skill set before, so they would always be fairly closely matched). I think that Rousey is so far ahead of the curve that there might well be nobody that beats her before she retires (she might take a Matt Serra/GSP type loss from a heavy hitter, but it'd be tough to beat her best out of 3), the exception from that would be if there's someone with an even better base (a monster Judo gold medalist) who is young enough to transition over and be stronger than Rousey, who also takes to MMA and a striking discipline well, who picks it up quickly AND who gets to Rousey's level before Ronda retires...so maybe 3 years? I dont think thats too likely to happen.

Weidman may well be in the same boat. But he's nowhere near cleaning out that division yet. That division might have even evolved beyond Silva in his absence. I cant say for sure without seeing it, but there are maybe 4 or 5 fighters that look like they could beat Silva in a division where 2 years ago there seemed like there wasnt anyone.

Its one of the reasons why seeing a George Foreman happens incredibly rarely. How often does someone retire young enough that they could realistically come back, then they do come back and they are still at the same level as the current top level? Not often.

Mark Hammer
March 4th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I don't agree with any of that. What happened to GSP was two blown ACL's and many years of training an exhaustive schedule while fighting the best fighters in the world.

If we're talking GSP's peak where he wasn't finishing anybody: if you're capable of 50-43'ing someone with absolute ease then you are capable of stopping them. And I'm a huge GSP fan. GSP didn't get "comfortable", nor did the fighters all of a sudden become closer to his level. He adapted a safe style that worked for years but his body is gradually beginning to fail him. That was a shell that fought Hendricks.

Nash Diesel
March 4th, 2015, 12:14 PM
With GSP it wasn't like he was getting too comfortable and phoning it in. I think that he became too comfortable in that grinding style where he didn't really try to finish anyone and it worked but as time went on, going 5 rounds took a toll on his body as opposed to say if he was more violent and went for the finish more often and got the finish more often..... Maybe I'm not explaining it properly. With Ronda I feel like she'll be at her "weakest" when MMA doesn't become a challenge for her. But then again, riding the fence lol, she may never lose the drive to be the best period. Not just in MMA but whatever she does because that's what has been beaten into her head since she was a child.

Seanny One Ball
March 4th, 2015, 2:14 PM
When George Foreman came back he lucky punched his way to an irrelevant title. Don't give his comeback "The Fighter" treatment, there were losses in there too.

Bert
March 4th, 2015, 4:44 PM
From what I know about Ronda Rousey and the way her mother trained her from a young age I don't think she's ever going to lose that drive.

Nash Diesel
March 4th, 2015, 5:08 PM
From what I know about Ronda Rousey and the way her mother trained her from a young age I don't think she's ever going to lose that drive.

That's pretty much how I feel and I think that's what really seperates her from the other fighters in her division.

Seanny One Ball
March 4th, 2015, 5:56 PM
I still prefer Meisha

Nash Diesel
March 4th, 2015, 6:03 PM
I still prefer Meisha

Well yeah same here man but that's a totally different discussion. Although I do think that if there's anyone I'd want to give Rousey her first loss it would be Tate.

Seanny One Ball
March 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
If she could take her down for a while it'd be a good start.

sam_elmendorf
March 4th, 2015, 7:33 PM
The way Rousey is, I think she is going to be undefeated until she decides to walk away from the fight. She has too much under her belt that the other girls lack, and unless there is a 17-18 year old right now that has had the same upbringing and training, Rousey is going to be the top dog til she retires.

What I mean by 17-18 year olds, none of the girls in the sport right now, have what Ronda has. And unless some new up and comer with the same kinda background as Rousey comes in out of no where, Rousey is it. Rousey is the boss til she decides she's done.

Mark Hammer
March 4th, 2015, 7:35 PM
I still prefer Meisha

Rousey < Meisha < Randa Markos

Mark Hammer
March 4th, 2015, 9:45 PM
http://fat.gfycat.com/EssentialAmazingLark.gif

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM
So who do we see Rousey's next challenger being? I think one upside to Rousey's ability to finish a fight early is that it doesn't 100% clear out the division. It'd be like saying just because Cain V got caught in a minute that he didn't deserve another chance at the HW strap. But who is on the horizon of getting that shot?

There are a lot of fights you could make leading to the next challenger down the road. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tate v. Kauffman 2. I don't know if it's time for another Tate-Rousey fight though. Kauffman's been out for a little while but she hasn't fought Rousey since Strikeforce but again, Idk if the result will be any different. And the other hard part is Rousey is still relevant, barely in her prime, so making "freak show" fights like v. Gina Carano seems pointless BUT doing something like Rousey v. Ali is even worse lol. Bethe Correia is a little ways down the ladder, she might need a couple wins over the likes of Tate, Cat, Davis, before getting the call. Then again, we've seen lesser ranked fighters get title shots when the champion has cleaned out the top 5-10.

Now might be another "perfect time" to look at Rousey v. Cyborg. No belt. Just a superfight. Do this fight while waiting for another challenger, a solid challenger. It won't happen, it's a fucking dream, but there's every excuse in the book from Rousey's side. I mean if everyone used the "they tested positive" argument we wouldn't even have fights because it seems like every other fighter has failed a piss test in some way lol.

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 12:01 PM
It'll be either Holly Holm or Beitch Correira (sp). Two girls who belong nowhere near the cage with Rousey but are the only viable options.

And honestly, assuming Ali gets some half-decent grappling training, that fight would be much, much more ideal than the aforementioned two. Still technically a "freakshow" fight though since Ali is 0-0 MMA and more of a sports celebrity than a respected sports player.

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 12:05 PM
And regarding your comment that Rousey has "every excuse in the book" not to fight Cyborg, I think the fact that Cyborg has never made 135 and probably can't thanks to all that roid meat is a legitimate excuse for Rousey's camp to tell her to fuck off.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 1:22 PM
Like I said in the Bellator thread, personally I think this fight is beyond a title. I think it's funny that Rousey is willing to throw down with Gina Carano, inactive for 5+ years, and Ali, inactive for 8+ years, yet won't fight Cyborg, won't even TEASE the idea of fighting her. The only way Cyborg will get this fight is if she cuts to 135, wins the Invicta strap, defends it at least once, gets signed by the UFC, beats whoever the top 2 under Rousey are, and THEN she will get the fight...assuming Ronda is even around by then. That's why the title shouldn't even be a factor, and it's really not when you think about it. Why would Cyborg want to fight Rousey FOR THE BELT at a catchweight knowing full well the title can't be on the line unless it's at 135? Why is Rousey willing to fight larger fighters like Gina and Ali, Gina who fought at 145 and struggled to even make that and Ali who was a middleweight in boxing at 170-175 I believe, but not Cybrog? Because of one failed PED test? So that means that she's not going to fight Ashlee Evans-Smith either? It's whatever really, the fight won't happen until nobody gives a shit about it as strongly, like Iceman v. Wanderlai.

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 1:30 PM
As soon as Cyborg makes 135 one time and wins they will book her vs Rousey. 100% guaranteed.

Also why criticize Rousey for not wanting to fight an artificial man?

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 1:38 PM
As soon as Cyborg makes 135 one time and wins they will book her vs Rousey. 100% guaranteed.

Also why criticize Rousey for not wanting to fight an artificial man?

Didn't Rousey say she could beat any man? We can just leave it at that lol. I mean I get the jokes, we're going on what, 5 years now since that failed test lol....If that's literally the only excuse people can use and have jokes about it, that's cool, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Cyborg has been wanting to fight Ronda since she (Rousey) was in the same division. But she took a chance at 135 and it's paid off. I wonder had she taken the fight with Cyborg back then at 145 how her career would have turned out if she lost in brutal fashion like everyone else who fights Cyborg does.

Mik
March 18th, 2015, 5:21 AM
I think that a good striker with a good game plan like Holly Holm could give a better fight to Rousey. You need to be able to strike with her at arm's length. It needs a counter puncher who can move and circle and not get caught in a clinch. Everyone lately seems to want to run straight into Rousey's arms.

Now, I think that Holm would get dominated. But if she can gameplan and stick to her strengths and stay away from Rousey's throw I'd say that she has a better chance than anyone else at the moment.

Nash Diesel
March 18th, 2015, 10:28 AM
It wouldn't hurt if more women fighters had KO power. You see TKO finishes, but you rarely see a female get knocked out.

Mark Hammer
March 18th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see some birds get knocked stiff.

Nash Diesel
March 18th, 2015, 4:52 PM
I mean I know it's there, I saw Miesha Tate get Cro Cop'd early in her career, but I mean shit even a beast like Cyborg isn't knocking out anyone cold. The last true knockout I saw in WMMA was Sarah Kauffman knocking out Roxy Modeferi in Strikeforce with a Matt Hughes style slam. I might not remember any after it but that one stands out and it wasn't even a punch. I get that the smaller weight classes tend to not have as many true knockout finishes. That's what will stop Ronda though, someone with serious punching power who can catch her slipping and crack her jaw into oblivion.

The Law
March 20th, 2015, 4:10 PM
Alright, so she's fighting Bethe Correia in August down in Brazil. I've never seen Correia fight, so I don't have much to say other than that it's a smart piece of booking to have Rousey fight in a hostile environment.

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2015, 4:23 PM
http://extra.globo.com/incoming/15653987-f8a-cae/w448/2015032081717.jpg

Busted face... but dat ass doe.

The Law
March 20th, 2015, 4:34 PM
That's a Lana booty right there. If she manages to hit Ronda with that ass she might knock her out.

Bert
March 20th, 2015, 5:29 PM
Cankles.

The Rogerer
March 21st, 2015, 3:57 AM
You don't know the meaning of the word

kangus
March 21st, 2015, 4:13 AM
The Rogerer! What brings you to these here parts?

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 4:35 AM
what a ride

The Rogerer
March 21st, 2015, 6:11 AM
I'm the conscience of rajah

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM
He has a top hat and a little umbrella and everything.

Mark Hammer
March 21st, 2015, 3:22 PM
The Rogerer! What brings you to these here parts?

What brings you here? I thought my antics chased you away, at least that what you announced to everyone.

Mark Hammer
March 21st, 2015, 3:24 PM
Bethe, terrific bottom half and all, stands no chance vs Rousey. Her entire game is about getting in close, clinching, etc... making it easy for Rousey to toss her to the ground and submit her in the first round.

The weigh-ins for this should be good, both girls perform well at these.

Nash Diesel
March 24th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Bethe could be the TJ Dillashaw of this fight. Lower half of the top 10 getting a title shot simply because there's no one really left. Do I see it happening? No. Bethe's style plays right into Rousey's biggest strength.

I just want Cyborg v. Rousey. Reading a recent interview with Ronda's trainer Edmond, talking about how Gina Carano, 5-6 years removed from the sport, saying she's more of a challenge than Cyborg is just mind blowing. Catchweight superfight, RRR was willing to do it for Gina, she'd be willing to do it I bet for any female fighter other than the only fighter people have wanted to see her fight for a few years and all she can go off of is a failed drug test from 5 years ago. If I were Ronda, that'd be the challenge. Silence the critics, put a beating on Cyborg, and show that PEDs don't win fights. Idk, just not very interested in a single fight this chick has when it's clear that she is 100x better than the best of her division.

It just says a lot when you're seeing these competitive bouts between the top 10 but the champion just demolishes them. Would Cyborg be any different? Who knows...

Mark Hammer
March 24th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Well I hate to be the one to introduce pesky facts into the picture but it is actually Cyborg who has been ducking Rousey for years. I could butcher the explanation myself but this guy put it well and even included some links:

Here you go, it is actually Cyborg who has run/ducked and made this fight not happen

Ronda isn't scared. It is pretty obvious that Cyborg is the reason the fight hasn't happened. She has ducked/ran, lied and changed her mind a hundred times about nearly everything you can think of over the last four years to the point that nothing she says or does can be taken seriously.

First, the histry of Ronda going to 135 is outlined in this historical sherdog thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Then, what happend next was that Ronda beat Budd and Cyborg got busted for steroids. Ronda still agrees to fight Cyborg at 145 (According to Cyborg and her lawyers) for the FW title. However, with Cyborg unable to get her suspension reduced SF gets rid of the 145 class, effectively cancelling the fight (Cyborg's ruins the fight #1).
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/2937228/cyborg-santos-steroids-suspension-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

Cyborg then says she will fight Ronda at a catchweight of 140 (Aug 13, 2012)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/13/3240734/cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-fight-catchweight

To which Ronda's manager agrees with VADA drug and hair folicle testing (Aug 19)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/20/3256102/ronda-rousey-drug-testing-cyborg-steroids-strikeforce-mma

To which Cyborg backs out almost instantly saying she "will fight at 145, no less" and that she is the champion (actually she wasn't, she was stripped of the belt), and Cyborg ruins the fight for a second time, and ducks Ronda directly for the first time.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2012-08-20/cyborg-says-she-will-fight-rousey-at-145-pounds----no-less/828222/1

Then the UFC buys SF and picks up Ronda's contract and creates the 135 class. Then, the UFC picks up Cyborg's contract and even offers to let her to go Invicta and make money while she trims down until she can make 135. They even offered to PAY Mike Dolce for her to help her lose the weight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/31/3822712/ufc-offers-to-pay-for-mike-dolces-services-to-get-cyborg-to-135-ronda-rousey
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/11/7375889/ufc-mike-dolce-on-bro-science-cris-cyborg-optimal-body-fat-percentage-cain-velasquez-ronda-rousey

Cyborg responds by asking to be released from the UFC. (Cyborg ruins the fight #3, Cyborg ducks Ronda #2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrOrDcT9Fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnrI1l6qvO4

Then, the UFC gets cozy with Invicta, puts them on fightpass and makes an agreement that Cyborg will get into the UFC if she makes 135. Cyborg signs a contract to make 135 in Dec 2014, but continues to lift weights on a daily basis and doesn't even try to cut the weight, pulling out of the fight and saying she will continue to fight at 145, but that she will still fight Ronda at 145, effectively ducking the fight again (duck #3) by not agreeing to the terms that will get her the bout agreement

This doesn't even take into account all the times Cyborg says she is going to 135, then she will die if she does, then she will be fine, then dead again ... etc.

Here is Cyborg weighing in at 140

http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cyborg-weighin.jpg

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/elitexc-unfinished-business-weigh-in-results

she doesn't exactly look like a concentration camp victim, she is still carrying a ton of muscle mass. She just has to drop five pounds of it and the fight is on. Cyborg is just too psychologically attached/addicted to her muscle mass to let it go. She knows she can keep her name in the headlines by barking at Ronda from a distance, while never having to actually take the fight.

Cyborg has no leverage to dictate the terms. Ronda is going nowhere, she is a stationary target, if Cyborg wants the fight, she knows where she has to go to get it.

The day before her Invicta weigh-in against Tweet, Cyborg said she could "make 140 tomorrow"
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/cyborg-justino-says-shed-fight-ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-at-140-pounds-tomorrow

but since she says she currently walks around at 175
http://mmanews.sescoops.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/cyborg-175.jpg
that means she is saying she can fight at a weight 35 pounds below her walkaround weight, but claimed it was physically impossible, and maybe even fatal, if she tried to cut from her walkaround weight of 160 (see video above) down to 135 back when she asked to be released from the UFC, even though that is only 25 pounds. The only conclusion was that she JUST DIDN'T WANT THE FIGHT, since she could have clearly cut the weight.

So lose five pounds of muscle from where you were before and make the fight. The UFC wasn't willing to make a catchweight fight for Carano ("White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds."), so they sure aren't going to make one for you.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9/5598962/dana-white-ronda-rousey-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title

Quit running, or does she only want to fight with a huge weight advantage where she can alter the scale to make weight? Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

Ronda's not going anywhere. If Cyborg wants the fight, she knows what she has to do. Make the weight she once said she would agree to make, stop expecting the champion to cater to her, and shut the fuck up.

Nash Diesel
March 24th, 2015, 12:52 PM
A Brazillian managed by Tito Ortiz, what do you expect? :)

sam_elmendorf
April 4th, 2015, 6:48 PM
sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/wal-mart-won-t-sell-ronda-rousey-s-new-book-because-she-s-too-violent-180144157.html (https://forums.rajah.com/sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/wal-mart-won-t-sell-ronda-rousey-s-new-book-because-she-s-too-violent-180144157.html)

This is funny. Only because of what their excuse is to not to sell it in stores. They sell guns and ammo. They sell violent movies. They even sell UFC DVDs. At least the ones here in sunny Southern California do. I actually like Wally World because the prices are good, but this is just plain stupid silly for them not to sell this book in stores. They do have it on their web-site though, which makes it even more sillier.

Mark Hammer
April 4th, 2015, 8:43 PM
Walmart keeping it real like it's 1992. UFC is human cockfighting.

Mark Hammer
April 4th, 2015, 8:44 PM
Although in fairness, a book? Ronda's barely in her mid 20s. Quite an ego on her.

Nash Diesel
April 6th, 2015, 9:35 AM
She's lived more of a life than people 3 times her age.

Mark Hammer
April 6th, 2015, 1:08 PM
She's lived more of a life than people 3 times her age.

Just because she's been awarded a few more luxuries than your average joe? She's too young for an autobiography imho regardless of what she's had handed to her on a silver platter in her lifetime.

Nash Diesel
April 6th, 2015, 1:12 PM
Just because she's been awarded a few more luxuries than your average joe? She's too young for an autobiography imho regardless of what she's had handed to her on a silver platter in her lifetime.

She's 28 and I'm sure there are a lot of famous athletes who have had autobiographies released even younger than that. The Rock had one when he was 25.....I doubt it's a 1,000 page book but shit I'd read it if I had the time for sure. And please tell me what she's had HANDED to her on a silver platter? None of her accomplishments were handed to her, she didn't walk in and get handed an olympic medal, she didn't get handed victories over the top female fighters that she's rinsed with ease.

OD50
April 6th, 2015, 1:35 PM
Zlatan was like 29 when he released his 400 something page autobiography. I'm sure RRR can fill hers with stuff about being bullied, Judo, her crazy mom, dad dying, Olympics, working as a waitress, MMA, UFC, Hollywood etc.. Dumb ass sheeple buy any shit these days as long as it features celebrities anyway.

Nash Diesel
April 6th, 2015, 1:40 PM
And I think there are people, probably a lot of females, who are inspired by someone like Ronda Rousey and would find her story interesting. I'm not a big fan but I don't know much about her life, I didn't know her dad died, I don't know much about her pre-Strikeforce. I'd be curious to know how she wound up getting Judo Gene to corner her and yeah in this day and age the obvious answer is to just look it up online but again her story is interesting imo.

Mark Hammer
April 6th, 2015, 1:48 PM
She's 28 and I'm sure there are a lot of famous athletes who have had autobiographies released even younger than that. The Rock had one when he was 25.....I doubt it's a 1,000 page book but shit I'd read it if I had the time for sure. And please tell me what she's had HANDED to her on a silver platter? None of her accomplishments were handed to her, she didn't walk in and get handed an olympic medal, she didn't get handed victories over the top female fighters that she's rinsed with ease.

She was handed a martial artist mother who forced her to practice Judo for one.

Wrestlemania 31 spotlight with Rock, Triple H, and Stephanie is a big one.

Hollywood movie roles when she can't act.

etc.

Nash Diesel
April 6th, 2015, 2:04 PM
She was handed a martial artist mother who forced her to practice Judo for one.

Wrestlemania 31 spotlight with Rock, Triple H, and Stephanie is a big one.

Hollywood movie roles when she can't act.

etc.

LOL @ that first part. Come on dude seriously? You need to take that up with God or whoever.

WM 31 spotlight handed to her? More like the WWE reaching out to HER for what SHE has accomplished. They didn't take Shayna Bazler in the ring for a reason homeboy.

Hollywood is littered with actors who can't act that have succesful careers. Vin Diesel I'm looking at you ;)

You are seriously reaching on these examples, entertaining for sure, but come on, don't be a hater. You have to respect her accomplishments, she wasn't HANDED anything. She is where she is at because of what she accomplished in the Olympics and in MMA. Without those 2 things she's just the daughter of a bad ass female Judokan. And again, what disqualifies her from releasing a book? Her age?

The Law
April 15th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Funny, I don't see the kids of any other martial artists in Ronda's spot. Almost like she worked for what she got and it wasn't genetically preordained.

Also, her mom got her to take up Judo when she was 11 because she was having a hard time after her dad killed himself. Not exactly the easiest path to stardom.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 4:07 AM
Being handed a spot at Wrestlemania lol. She's the one doing them a favour.

The things she's being supposedly 'handed' aren't because of some favouratism. It's because she draws attention and people want to see her. If you want to consider "training from a young age" to be a unfair gift then discount practically every professional in the world.

Hero!
April 16th, 2015, 10:43 AM
No, she was handed a mother, can you not read? not everyone gets to have one.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 11:15 AM
She was in The Expendables and Fast and Furious, but oh no she can't act.

Hero!
April 16th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Yeah, but she had a mother. How many of those actors had a mother?

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2015, 11:53 AM
She's an amazing fighter. I wish she would cut down to 115 and end the wannabe Rowdy Bec Rawlings. Or Bec moves up, she's huge for 115lbs.

The Law
April 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I was actually surprised by how small her role in "Furious 7" was. I thought she was going to be Rock's partner like Gina Carano in the last one. Instead she just had the one fight scene.

Haven't seen "Expendables 3," so no idea how she is in that.

Her role in Entourage looks hilarious. Wonder if there's more than just the scene of her fighting Turtle.

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I was actually surprised by how small her role in "Furious 7" was. I thought she was going to be Rock's partner like Gina Carano in the last one. Instead she just had the one fight scene.

Haven't seen "Expendables 3," so no idea how she is in that.

Her role in Entourage looks hilarious. Wonder if there's more than just the scene of her fighting Turtle.

I'm not, look how big that cast is for the franchise, the core cast alone is like 9 people lol.

She's no Cynthia Rothrock but she was alright in E3.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 12:30 PM
She was in The Expendables and Fast and Furious, but oh no she can't act.

lol

The Law
April 16th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Hammer might actually have a point on that one.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 1:10 PM
Who cares if she can act when she's in films that are literally about people who couldn't act but made it big in dumb action films. The Expendables cast list is "People who can't act"

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 1:16 PM
Being handed a spot at Wrestlemania lol. She's the one doing them a favour.

A fucking whomping lol here mate.

She's doing them a favor how? Did her appearance boost Mania buys? Did they even promote her ahead of time once?

Or did her appearance on Mania do Rousey and the UFC a favor? On one hand look at all the people in this thread who don't give a damn about MMA but saw Ronda on Wrestlemania so now feel inclined to stupidly white knight any criticism.

And on the other there WILL be crossover fans, and they will buy UFC ppvs featuring Rousey. Win/Win for Rousey and UFC, zero gain for WWE. Get the fuck out of this forum with your ignorant bullshit.

Seanny One Ball
April 16th, 2015, 1:17 PM
Sylvester Stallone wrote Rocky though.

That puts him slightly above the others in the ensemble.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 1:21 PM
Rousey couldn't fasten Arnold's jockstrap.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 1:25 PM

She's doing them a favor how? Did her appearance boost Mania buys? Did they even promote her ahead of time once?

Or did her appearance on Mania do Rousey and the UFC a favor? On one hand look at all the people in this thread who don't give a damn about MMA but saw Ronda on Wrestlemania so now feel inclined to stupidly white knight any criticism.

And on the other there WILL be crossover fans, and they will buy UFC ppvs featuring Rousey. Win/Win for Rousey and UFC, zero gain for WWE. Get the fuck out of this forum with your ignorant bullshit.I think she's turning into a breakout mainstream celebrity and, like everything else at Wrestlemania, it got WWE in the headlines the next day. WWE is desperate. When their big appearance is The Rock, and he's been on, what, the last 5 Wrestlemanias in a row, they need someone they can slot in and is willing to be there.

I'm just interested in your having bizarre opinions like her being "handed" things. Why do you think that is?

Seanny One Ball
April 16th, 2015, 1:29 PM
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RondaRousey_bodyissue1.jpg

Might have something to do with this Rog

Percussion
April 16th, 2015, 1:30 PM

And on the other there WILL be crossover fans, and they will buy UFC ppvs featuring Rousey. Win/Win for Rousey and UFC, zero gain for WWE. Get the fuck out of this forum with your ignorant bullshit.

You really think Vince just up and decided to do her a solid because poor underpublicized Ronda needed the rub?

sam_elmendorf
April 16th, 2015, 2:25 PM
What exactly was she handed and your opinions on why you think these things were handed to her?

Who got the bigger rub with her being at Wrestlemania?

Can you answer these 2 questions with substance?

sam_elmendorf
April 16th, 2015, 2:29 PM
Rousey couldn't fasten Arnold's jockstrap.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind her trying!

The Law
April 16th, 2015, 2:32 PM

Her appearance got them a huge amount of mainstream exposure after the show. ESPN covered it. It's a working relationship. They're both benefiting from it. I don't think WWE decided "hey, let's do poor Ronda Rousey a favor and give her a spot on Wrestlemania since she's in such a tough spot and we're such charitable people."

I think they thought it would make them money in the longterm. And they're probably right.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 2:46 PM
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RondaRousey_bodyissue1.jpg

Might have something to do with this RogThat's a good point Seanny. They can't find any women in Hollywood who are willing to take their clothes off. I guess ol' knicker dropper Ronda slept her way into a couple of bit parts. Except she didn't need to since she's being given all these things on a silver platter.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 2:47 PM
I think she's turning into a breakout mainstream celebrity and, like everything else at Wrestlemania, it got WWE in the headlines the next day. WWE is desperate. When their big appearance is The Rock, and he's been on, what, the last 5 Wrestlemanias in a row, they need someone they can slot in and is willing to be there.

I'm just interested in your having bizarre opinions like her being "handed" things. Why do you think that is?

It got them in the headlines, so people would tune in to see Ronda Rousey and be disappointed?

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 2:48 PM
You really think Vince just up and decided to do her a solid because poor underpublicized Ronda needed the rub?

No but The Rogerer really thinks Ronda just up and decided to do WWE a solid because poor underpublicized WWE needed the rub.

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2015, 2:50 PM
It's definitely a give and take relationship. Ronda being at WM put her in front of a ton of wrestling fans who might not know who she is which in turn will have them tune in possibly for her next fight or at the very least look her up and see what the big deal was. So the UFC gains some more fans, the fans who already knew her got to experience a cool (yet long as fuck) segment, it's a win-win. It definitely wasn't a case of the WWE needing her or Ronda needing the WWE, it was something cool that like Law said will hopefully make them all more money in the long term. Honestly it wouldn't have made a difference if she was there or not, exposure on ESPN, cool, but I would bet the only people who truly gave a shit were die hard Rousey fans and pro wrestling fans. It's not like an MMA enthusiast who doesn't like pro wrestling suddenly will become a fan and hope that she shows up again, which probably will never happen in terms of a match knowing how Dana has been in the past about having his fighters actually wrestle. Shit he barely let's them golf without approval lol.

Regardless it was cool.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 2:50 PM
The Rogerer embodies the absolute rubbish crossover fan that Rousey will be bringing in.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 2:51 PM
You're the one saying that she was 'handed' a pretigious place at Wrestlemania. She's a popular celebrity that generates buzz and you can't promote it because it's meant to be an OMG suprise moment. WWE would have every celebrity under the sun on these things but they only get the ones who are willing to show up. They had an entrance sponsored by a shit film so they could get an awful Arnie appearance.

What this is really about is you being bitter about Ronda because she's bringing nerdlingers like me into MMA discussion.

Edit: Yes at least we agree. It won't inspire me to watch MMA though because it's rubbish. It'll probably just sell a lot of Air Rouseys.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 2:52 PM
I'm not bitter at all. You're the one with your panties in a knot insisting that Ronda is da best.

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 2:54 PM
You've got a lot in this fight. I enjoy laughing at the ridiculous things you post on this forum. I care about Ronda about as much as I care about my fitness levels, but I still had a good laugh at you in the fitness thread. You're now turning on Rousey for ruining the MMA party. Hopefully she'll get done for substance abuse and attempted murder like all the other greats.

Percussion
April 16th, 2015, 3:01 PM
I thought this was all about the fact that Ronda's got an autobiography coming out at her relatively young age.

So what is the permissible age to write a book so you're not seen as having too much of an ego?

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2015, 3:10 PM
I thought this was all about the fact that Ronda's got an autobiography coming out at her relatively young age.

So what is the permissible age to write a book so you're not seen as having too much of an ego?

That is exactly what lead us to where we are today. At first I honestly thought Mark was just trolling because he's a pretty smart dude when it comes to MMA so I was like, no way does this guy actually believe what he's posting, even about the age she is for writing a book....I remember the Rock released an autobiography that was like 200 pages right when he first blew up real big in 1999, it was short but it was a good story even if it came across as he didn't have anything to do with it lol.

Rousey at 28 has lived more of a life than people 3 times her age, I said that earlier, but it's true. She has a lot to talk about.

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 3:12 PM
Rousey at 28 has lived more of a life than people 3 times her age, I said that earlier, but it's true. She has a lot to talk about.

And I don't give a damn to read a book about them either. What's your point?

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 3:22 PM

Anytime past your 20s seems fair. Also are you insinuating that she doesn't have an ego?

sam_elmendorf
April 16th, 2015, 3:31 PM
Anytime past your 20s seems fair. Also are you insinuating that she doesn't have an ego?

She's past her 20's and yet earlier you thought she was too young to have one. Make up your mind. And of course she has an ego. Wouldn't you if you were her, in her profession, where ego is backed up by her fierce ability to kick anyones ass that gets in the cage with her. And she could probably beat any man at her weight also. She backs up her ego, and some people don't like that she has an ego, but she earned it.

Nash Diesel
April 16th, 2015, 3:35 PM
And I don't give a damn to read a book about them either. What's your point?

What do you mean what's my point? You have zero point.

You're butthurt because Ronda is putting out a book in her 20's yet you "don't give a damn" about the book to begin with. You literally just wanted to try to knock her down and say she has "quite the ego" when this isn't something out of the ordinary. Like oh what a bitch, she should've waited till she was in her 40's. She's 28, in those 28 years she's done more with her life than you will ever imagine doing so maybe that's where your jealousy comes in. If I was her and someone came at me and said, here's $$$, let's do a book, I'm sure a lot of fans would be interested in your story...Sign me the fuck up even if I was 22 lol.

One thing I will say though is that it's unfortunate we're getting this kind of traffic from people who never come down here to the MMA forum simply for them to talk shit. There are some cats who are commenting who once in awhile chime in, but it's stupid sometimes hearing people say the likes you and me "scare" people yet they come here simply to bust your balls. So on one hand, cool, more people, on the other, just coming here to troll Mark isn't helping.

Percussion
April 16th, 2015, 3:36 PM

What's so fair in particular about 'past your 20's'?

Of course she has an ego. Every successful person ever has an ego. You don't attain great success without one. But you're conflating the size of her ego with the age she wrote some of her life's stories. She's 28. Are you saying had she waited two years from now to release these same exact stories it would make her less egotistical in your eyes? How does that not seem completely arbitrary?

The Rogerer
April 16th, 2015, 5:59 PM
One thing I will say though is that it's unfortunate we're getting this kind of traffic from people who never come down here to the MMA forum simply for them to talk shit. There are some cats who are commenting who once in awhile chime in, but it's stupid sometimes hearing people say the likes you and me "scare" people yet they come here simply to bust your balls. So on one hand, cool, more people, on the other, just coming here to troll Mark isn't helping.I don't come here to troll Mark. I read through these threads sometimes. Then I see Hammer throwing a (fairly predictable) fit about Ronda and making an absolutely ludicrous claim that she's somehow got an unfair advantage in life because she trained as a fighter, became successful as a fighter and has enjoyed a small bit of breakout attention.

I mean a couple of bit parts in ensemble cast action films is hardly anything but it really is impossible to tell if Mark Hammer isn't trolling, his opinion about her being unfairly honoured with an appearance at wrestlemania is amusing enough.

Wasn't there some MMA bloke with a fairly big role in Expendables 1? Maybe young Mark Hammer was completely insulted by Space Jam, I don't know. What about Shaq getting his own kung fu game on the super nintendo?

Mark Hammer
April 16th, 2015, 7:30 PM
Blaha The Rogerer do you remember when you crawled from your toilet to white knight Fallon Fox in the UFC? Lmao you are so dumb on this entire topic, why do you ever comment in here. You're better off waiting for me to make a stupid comment about Daniel Bryan's moveset or something similarly of your forte.

The Rogerer
April 17th, 2015, 2:57 AM
Remember when I got something wrong about something I wasn't familiar with, about 3 years ago, and immediately apologised. Remember when you were generally wrong about everything you ever posted about, with your malformed brain which you received not on a silver platter in a Hooters combo wings basket.

Pete Cash
April 17th, 2015, 6:51 AM
Mark hammer is literally using the far left argument about capital ITT to bag out rousey. Even if she had advantages over other little girls through social and cultural capital she still worked ludicrously hard to medal at the Olympics. Obviously its not entirely on her but there would be countless children of judoka who don't medal at the Olympics either.

The Electrifying One
April 17th, 2015, 11:10 AM
My only gripe with ronda is that it feels like she's being protected. She's a big brand and her undefeated streak needs to be kept intact. either there's no competition or the competition is kept from her, but the cynic in me sees the next few years as 75% outside appearances with the occasional squash match.

Nash Diesel
April 17th, 2015, 12:45 PM
My only gripe with ronda is that it feels like she's being protected. She's a big brand and her undefeated streak needs to be kept intact. either there's no competition or the competition is kept from her, but the cynic in me sees the next few years as 75% outside appearances with the occasional squash match.

It's just the pro wrestling fan in you, trust me I used to feel the same way until I started noticing that either these fights are fixed or Ronda is just getting the better of the competition. No different than how dominant Jon Jones looked until he fought Gustaffson. Jones literally destroyed an entire division, killed every legend, and when he fought Gus, who literally only had "A fighter with similar reach as Jones" as the selling point....well then Jones looked human....BUT after that fight, he went back to dominating. Even Cormier, a guy who destroyed everyone he fought at HW and LHW, Olympic level wrestler, power in both hands, and he was outworked in every aspect by Jones.

That's Ronda with the other female fighters. The other female fighters are competitive against each other, but when they get to Ronda it's like wait a minute, is this Royce Gracie all over again? Is she that much better? I think Ronda's a different breed of fighter and we've seen them here and there, Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones, Jose Aldo, Renan Barao, they look incredible and make the rest of the division look subpar even if they're top 5 guys. The competition is definitely not kept from here, there isn't a single fighter at Women's 135 that is going to come in and challenge her that I've seen. MAYYYYYBE Cyborg if the cut is good and she shows the same power and athleticism as she does at 145.

Mark Hammer
April 17th, 2015, 1:13 PM
I'm not bagging Rousey, just pointing out that she has been awarded some fortunate circumstances during her lifetime which ultimately led to sharing Wrestlemania spotlight with Rock and Triple H.

Which ultimately lead to The Rogerer bellying up in the MMA forum as if someone mentioned a transexual.

Mik
April 17th, 2015, 4:25 PM
Who the fuck even cares? This argument is idiotic.

The Electrifying One
April 18th, 2015, 2:48 PM
I'd wager people with an interest in women's MMA and Ronda Rousey....

NashDiesel I'm no UFC expert so ill take your word for it. I was aware that she's dominated her division which is all you can really do. I still think the next few years as a breakout star will see her do one hell of a lot more work outside the ring than fighting. Which is not necessarily a bad thing but it's a shame, kinda like if Mayweather did manía and mtv cribs all the time rather than just as a small part of his career.

Seanny One Ball
April 19th, 2015, 1:21 PM
If someone tried to hand me a role in the Expendables on a silver platter I'd assume it was an ironic gesture bathed in sarcasm.

Nash Diesel
April 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
If someone tried to hand me a role in the Expendables on a silver platter I'd assume it was an ironic gesture bathed in sarcasm.

If someone handed me a role with 90% of my idols growing up I'd ask who's dick do I suck first and no I don't care if it's filmed for legal purposes.

Seanny One Ball
April 20th, 2015, 10:57 AM
You'd be sucking a lot of tiny steroid infused dicks then and at the same time you'd be missing my point just gloriously.

Nash Diesel
April 20th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Well steroids technically make your balls smaller and can make your cock extremely large.

Seanny One Ball
April 20th, 2015, 11:06 AM
So you'd be quite happy with a mouthful of massive cock then as long as the balls were tiny?

Nash Diesel
April 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Better than shriveled up old dude cock, it's all about texture.

The Electrifying One
April 22nd, 2015, 9:13 AM
:lol:

Nash Diesel
April 22nd, 2015, 9:38 AM
I was watching the latest Ultimate Knockouts and they had the Rousey-Davis fight. Rousey is a big 135er for one and for two, she's not even that good of a striker but she'll eat 3-4 just to get that judo throw in. She fucked Alexis up, she kept trying to take down the ref, she was totally out of it.

sam_elmendorf
May 14th, 2015, 9:39 PM
FROM THE FRONT PAGE:

UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey recently appeared on The Fight Network and had some interesting comments to make regarding her potential future in WWE.

Rousey appeared at WrestleMania 31 earlier this year, "stealing the show" in her segment, which also included Hollywood A-lister Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and two longtime top WWE performers, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, but after the show, UFC President Dana White made it clear that her appearance was a "one-and-done" and that he would not allow her to return for an actual match, which was apparently the plan on WWE's side all along.

In talking with John Pollock of The Fight Network, Rousey addressed her future in the world of professional wrestling, leaving the door open for fans to continue to hold out hope that Rousey may appear in a WWE ring again one day.
"Umm, I don't know," said Rousey when asked if her pro wrestling days are over. "I have so much going on. You never really know and the foreseeable future has all been planned out with other things."

Rousey continued, "But one of the legends of wrestling that I met with in the back -- he told me something very interesting. He said that you never retire from wrestling, you just step away for a while and then it draws you back at some point later."
Having said that, it sounds as though Rousey is in agreement with that theory.

"And, so now that I'm started, it's apparently impossible to retire and some day I will find my way back there. I don't know how or when, but I know it's going to happen," Rousey concluded.

For now, Rousey is focused on her next battle, which instead of the squared circle, will take place in her home away from home -- the Octagon -- as she defends her UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship against undefeated contender Bethe Correia in the main event of UFC 190, which takes place on Saturday, August 1, 2015 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Mark Hammer
May 14th, 2015, 11:24 PM
That performance "stealing the show" at Wrestlemania 31 reflects a very sad state of existence for the WWE.

Nash Diesel
May 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM
The segment was cool, long as fuck for no reason, but still cool. I definitely wouldn't call it "stealing the show" unless they meant it a different way that had to do with it being the longest part of the show lol.

Let's be real, she can talk Dana into doing a belly flop onto a bed of swords, before her DW was all like "there's no money in WMMA" even though Gina Carano was proving there was (among others)...There's not really much left in her future. She beats Beth, then supposedly the Tate/Eye fight is a #1 contender's...She wins that who's left that she hasn't beaten in under a minute? She's going the Gina route BUT I think she'll come back and fight down the road.

Fro
May 28th, 2015, 5:36 PM
This is a great interview. I really love her, and the fact that she brings a WWE mentality to MMA is wonderful. I've never really seen her fight, though, except a youtube clip of one of her 10 second victories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Jh4Sv0C1o

Spedizzo
May 29th, 2015, 8:45 AM
Ronda Rousey is the future Divas Champion!

Spedizzo
May 29th, 2015, 8:52 AM
Does anyone think Bethe Correia has a legitimate chance of beating/stopping Ronda Rosuey

She looks like a beast. Solid girl with huge hands. She also has a manlier jawline than I have. Haven't seen any of her fights, but she is undefeated.

http://lowkickmma.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1341201.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEVm9ZYZrw

Nash Diesel
May 29th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Anything is possible. I didn't think #7 ranked TJ Dillashaw stood a chance against Renan Barao who was on like a 23 fight winning streak and had beaten a who's who of quality fighters. And TJ owned him. Ronda will eventually hit that brick wall like all the greats do at least once, just like when Serra beat GSP or Weidman beating Anderson. Hell I'll talk Ronda taking a Chael/Anderson Silva 1 type beating, for some reason a lot of fans like to see something other than 34 second armbar performances. It's fucking impressive but like Agent Smith said in The Matrix, human beings define their existence through misery and suffering.....For some reason a lot of fans root for vulernability at times.

But I doubt Bethe is the answer. There's a lot of heat on her for making a comment about how she hopes Ronda doesn't go back to taking pills and kill herself....Which I guess her father killed himself when she was younger, not sure if Bethe knew that or not, but that's what is stinging.

kangus
May 29th, 2015, 10:10 AM
She also made the comment "Don't go killing yourself after I beat you" to Ronda knowing full well Rousey's father committed suicide when she was young. So uhhh no, Bethe is not winning this fight.

kangus
May 29th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Oh didn't see what Nash said! But yeah, did she really want Ronda to be even more motivated than she usually is?

Nash Diesel
May 29th, 2015, 10:32 AM
The last time Ronda was emotionall invested in a fight it went 3 rounds (v. Tate) and was probably my favorite fight she's been in so I hope that her emotions don't get the best of her and she stays focused. She should be good to go though, I think she even said the reason her fight with Tate went as long as it did is because Ronda wanted to teach her a lesson or some shit like that lol.

Seanny One Ball
May 29th, 2015, 12:43 PM
How do you know she knew full well her dad hat topped himself?

I'm not saying she didn't but she might not have.
People have a way of saying dumb shit without thinking. Look at Spedizzo's reason for thinking she has a chance too.

"She looks like a man!"

kangus
May 29th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Oh because Seanny Bethe has a history of mentioning things Ronda has said in previous interviews and even little tidbits in her book. I mean Bethe has gone on record apologizing for the comment saying she had no idea about Ronda's father but it's such a well known part of Ronda's life that I honestly don't think it was an accidental comment at all. As an aside, if you haven't picked up Ronda's new book yet I would highly recommend it. I know a lot of MMA books are low quality but this one is a very well written and fantastic read.

Seanny One Ball
May 29th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I will take your word for it Kelly Angus, last one I read was Forrest Griffin's and he just seemed like a dickbag right off the bat.

kangus
May 29th, 2015, 1:05 PM
Yeah there are some really shitty MMA books. I read about half of Bruce Buffer's before I had to stop. It's so ridiculously preachy I couldn't stomach any more.

Seanny One Ball
May 29th, 2015, 1:26 PM
I wonder if Tank Abbott has one...

Nash Diesel
May 29th, 2015, 1:28 PM
If you want to find 100 more reasons to hate Matt Hughes as a human being, read his, holy shit that fucking guy deserves to be shot.

Back to Rousey....I honestly didn't know about her dad until right before the book dropped, but either way, even taking a jab at someone who was at one time suicidal, that's rough. But that's just me. There are certain people who just don't give a fuck about what type of insults they throw at someone. I mean let's be real for a second, Ronda's said some pretty fucked up shit about her opponents in the past and if Bethe was in her position I could see Ronda saying the same shit to her.

Seanny One Ball
May 29th, 2015, 2:33 PM
I honestly don't see why the UFC wouldn't fine her then if it's that obvious. Look at the way they treated Matt Mitrione over the Fallon Fox thing, they should be making an example of women who run their mouths to hateful degrees too.

Nash Diesel
May 29th, 2015, 2:45 PM
I honestly don't see why the UFC wouldn't fine her then if it's that obvious. Look at the way they treated Matt Mitrione over the Fallon Fox thing, they should be making an example of women who run their mouths to hateful degrees too.

Bethe is saying she didn't know about her dad's death, but obviously she knew about Ronda's past with drug and alcohol abuse that lead to her being "suicidal" which is why she said what she did. I will say this, some of these women are more rugged than the men with the trash talking. I used to get a little up in arms about things Chael would say, but holy shit just listening to certain WMMA fighters that were on TUF trying to play the "victim" card about their past and whatnot I'm just like wow, please, don't let me stop you from showing zero class lol.

Seanny One Ball
May 29th, 2015, 2:49 PM
I think it's well established that death references don't belong in combat sports.

Even the old pulling your thumb across your throat just makes you look stupid now but whenever I heard someone say the old idiotic "I'm going to try to kill him" or whatever I just get pissed off.

Nash Diesel
May 29th, 2015, 2:53 PM
I think it's well established that death references don't belong in combat sports.

Even the old pulling your thumb across your throat just makes you look stupid now but whenever I heard someone say the old idiotic "I'm going to try to kill him" or whatever I just get pissed off.

I hear it from a lot of fighters from Brazil, it's like they only learned a handful of sentences and 2 of them are:

"He's going to have to fucking kill me"

"I'm going to fucking kill him"

I was watching the new TUF (the most "nobody gives a fuck about" season ever) and there was this dude named Baby Monster, that's basically all he could say in plain English was "I'm going to kill this guy" or something like that lol.

Fanny Batter
May 29th, 2015, 6:03 PM
She has no chance. She's vastly inferior to Rousey in every technical aspect and the athletic discrepancy is gigantic. It's another one rounder if Ronda wants it to be.

Mark Hammer
May 30th, 2015, 5:14 PM
Great arse though.

virms
May 30th, 2015, 7:52 PM
She has been handed everything because of that ass. Too bad she didn't earn it.

OD50
June 2nd, 2015, 4:58 AM
Great arse though.
Dat face tho..:eek:
http://media.ufc.tv/photo_galleries/ufn-hunt-vs-bigfoot-media-gallery/ufn-hunt-vs-bigfoot-media-gallery_03.jpg
http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/10731713_f260.jpg

Mark Hammer
June 2nd, 2015, 1:37 PM
Indeed she is a textbook butterface.

Nash Diesel
June 2nd, 2015, 1:54 PM
Mark until you fullfill your obligation of posting a recent pic of yourself you have zero room to talk shit about someone's looks :)

Mark Hammer
June 2nd, 2015, 2:05 PM
Ok cool, anyways just wanted to post this:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2d6o7ma.jpg

Nash Diesel
June 2nd, 2015, 2:09 PM
Was that you pre-TRT?

Mark Hammer
June 2nd, 2015, 2:11 PM
That's the greatest fighter in this history of fighting.

sam_elmendorf
June 18th, 2015, 9:26 PM
Has anyone here picked up the book yet?

Nash Diesel
June 22nd, 2015, 1:21 PM
My gf should be picking it up soon. She doesn't really know much about Rousey other than the basics, I'm not even sure if she's seen her fight outside of highlights and her stint on WM 31. What sold her on the book though was that her father also committed suicide and she heard about Bethe making those comments about how she hoped Ronda doesn't kill herself and it pissed my gf off, she's like "I want to get this ppv and watch Ronda beat her ass....plus I want to read her book."

Mark Hammer
June 22nd, 2015, 1:26 PM
Has she seen Rowsy's post Tate 2 fight antics? Have any of Ronda's newfound "fans"? Just curious.

Nash Diesel
June 22nd, 2015, 1:46 PM
Naw, she's really not into MMA at all. Shit for the last 5-6 seasons of TUF I've had DVR so I tend to skip through the bullshit and just watch the fights (especially this crap season). But honestly, I think a lot of people have either forgotten about that shit or just don't care anymore and have accepted Rousey. I know when that season of TUF was going on I was like holy shit this girl is losing fans but you'd be amazed at how many fans actually supported her and were not fans of Tate lol. That's how a lot of fans are, especially Western fans, they tend to gravitate toward these "controversial" figures in sports, movies, etc. while "normal" people are like, why are we giving the Kardashians exposure like this? lol.

Fro
July 15th, 2015, 7:36 PM
https://vine.co/v/ereE33Ej9HK

:heart:

Nash Diesel
July 16th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Super hot

Atty
July 16th, 2015, 1:26 PM
Ronda's the bestest.

Nash Diesel
July 22nd, 2015, 12:45 PM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/6a/c9/6ac9ee8ca6bdc735bd00cb293f5b3f23.jpg?itok=WdRxAc2Q

Pablo Diablo
August 10th, 2015, 10:33 PM
She is the internet darling right now for sure. Just did an AMA on reddit and she really is connecting with the geek crowd as well with her intimate pokemon and DBZ knowledge.

Also went hard on Cyborg

Sincere opinion about Cyborg: she's just waiting to be offered enough money to get her ass kicked ('cuz she knows she'll get her ass kicked). I know for a fact she can make the weight. She consulted with Mike Dolce (my current nutritionist) before I ever started working with him and after consulting with her he said he could get her in "the best shape of her life" at 135. She then started being represented by Tito Ortiz and all talk stopped. The delay is all about money, not her weight. She made 145 pumped full of steroids. She can healthily make 135 without them. Her shows that she headlines lose thousands of dollars, and the majority of the tickets are given away because no one will buy them. She needs me. So pretty much we're waiting for her to realize that she needs to fight me before I retire or she'll never have enough money to retire. I would like me kicking her ass be my retirement fight but whether she steps up or not I'll walk away undefeated and happily ever after regardless.

Hero!
August 11th, 2015, 9:28 AM
:lol: I was just coming in here to read that. RRR is a fucking hype machine. Between posting about WoW, Pokemon, DBZ, and going hard like she did, she just got UFC a shit ton more buys from nerds for her next fight.

OD50
August 11th, 2015, 10:25 AM
She used to be a moderator on some Pokemon site or whatever. Her profile is still around on the net, I've seen it.

Hero!
August 11th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Yeah, she tweets about Pokemon all the time. She really knows her shit too, which gives her major nerd cred. She crosses over into the geek culture and women idolize her. It's no wonder she's pushed so hard, she's a genuinely massive star.

Nash Diesel
August 11th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Tate's taking the belt but before that I'd love for Rousey to come out dressed like Android 18

sam_elmendorf
August 21st, 2015, 4:15 PM
http://www.connectamarillo.com/uploadedImages/kvii/News/Stories/rousey%20fight%20jan%202.PNG?w=204&h=153&aspect=nostretch

Mark Hammer
August 21st, 2015, 5:22 PM
Yeah, I saw this announcement on the tv today at work. Holm has stuck the joint up in her two UFC fights but there's nobody else in the division worthy of a title shot. Nobody wants to see Rousey/Tate 3.

Mik
August 23rd, 2015, 9:34 AM
Holm has the right style to give Rousey trouble (movement, distance fighting, technical striking and calm game planning)...but she wont.

Seanny One Ball
August 23rd, 2015, 2:47 PM
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

Slare
August 24th, 2015, 12:01 PM
The Tate fight was the one with money because of the new crowd Rousey has garnered and the fact that very few of them will have seen the first fight and people coming into the game over the last year wont know much about the second one either. They couldve built it on the fact Tate is the only one ever to take it past the first but I guess they want a fresh challenger and they have to go pretty far down the list to come to someone deserving who she hasnt beat yet. It'll be another first round destruction that'll lead perfectly into her big Mania match with Steph...

Percussion
August 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I think it's more a case of keeping Rousey/Tate III in their pocket for later.

It's sort of a gift for a fight promoter to have a Holm to hype against Rousey. We'll be told over and over that she's the one with the unique skillset to solve the Ronda riddle. Then when Ronda takes her arm home we'll hear next how Meisha's been preparing like mad for her one last shot to bring Rousey down and it should make for a good show.

Then ... Cyborg will bitch some more while we wish she'd just make the fucking weight already ...

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Not 100% Rousey related but this morning I checked my Instagram and there was a picture from the set of the new movie Fight Valley and the pic was of Tate, Cyborg, and Holm on set together. I just thought it was cool because you could very well be seeing Rousey's final/next 3 opponents all in one shot.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 12:16 PM
The Tate fight was the one with money because of the new crowd Rousey has garnered and the fact that very few of them will have seen the first fight and people coming into the game over the last year wont know much about the second one either. They couldve built it on the fact Tate is the only one ever to take it past the first but I guess they want a fresh challenger and they have to go pretty far down the list to come to someone deserving who she hasnt beat yet. It'll be another first round destruction that'll lead perfectly into her big Mania match with Steph...

The new Rousey crowd doesn't care at all who her opponent or anyone else on the card is.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Also I haven't caught Summerslam yet. Hero! I'm looking at you and your avatar.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 12:20 PM
The new Rousey crowd doesn't care at all who her opponent or anyone else on the card is.

Not true. Prime example, Rousey's last fight. My gf, she doesn't watch MMA, could probably tell you 3 people and 2 of them are Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. The 3rd might be Dana White or Miesha Tate. With that said.....She wanted to order the Rousey-Bethe fight simply because of the shit Bethe was talking toward Rousey about suicide. So I definitely think her opponent does matter, it should. I get what you are saying though, I can see your side of it I just don't agree with it.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I don't know your gf but she likely would have wanted to order the ppv regardless of Correia's retarded hype job. The new Rousey crowd consists of women and pro wrestling fans who saw her at Wrestlemania. They really don't give a shit about MMA, though CM Punk's debut on a Rousey card wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If Rousey/Tate III can sell after the two dominations Rousey put Tate through before, then any fight with Rousey can sell. There is seriously zero upside to a third fight between two fighters when one is up 2-0 in dominant one-sided performances.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 1:13 PM
I don't know your gf but she likely would have wanted to order the ppv regardless of Correia's retarded hype job. The new Rousey crowd consists of women and pro wrestling fans who saw her at Wrestlemania. They really don't give a shit about MMA, though CM Punk's debut on a Rousey card wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If Rousey/Tate III can sell after the two dominations Rousey put Tate through before, then any fight with Rousey can sell. There is seriously zero upside to a third fight between two fighters when one is up 2-0 in dominant one-sided performances.

No she wouldn't have because it wasn't Ronda Rousey that made her want to order the ppv. It was because both my gf and Ronda's fathers committed suicide and my gf didn't like Bethe making that comment about how she hoped Ronda didn't kill herself. My gf is very much involved in suicide prevention and this struck a nerve.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 1:17 PM
Ok. Well she's the only one on planet earth then. Most Rousey fans didn't have a clue who Bethe Correia was before she was lined up to fight Rousey and only ordered the card because Rousey was on it. Ditto with regards to Rousey/Zingano.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 1:20 PM
Ok. Well she's the only one on planet earth then. Most Rousey fans didn't have a clue who Bethe Correia was before she was lined up to fight Rousey.

It was a learning experience for her as she had never even seen her fight, so she wasn't expecting the inevitable. I was happy to order the ppv, first time in probably 2 years I ordered one ( I think the last one I ordered myself was Diaz v. GSP). The undercard had my interest and since there were like 6 fights plus Rousey, I had no issue considering I knew even if Rousey finished quick, there were 6 other fights to make up for dropping 60 bucks.

So anyway....We start watching it a little later, had the DVR set up so we start it around 10:30....Rousey's fight came on around 1, my gf had passed out. I wake her up when it started.....40 seconds later I hear my gf go "That's it?" And I'm like yeah, that's why I was glad there were 6 other fights! lol. She was like, I knew you had said she ended fights quick but that was fast!

Doubt we'll be ordering the next Rousey card lol.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 1:26 PM
In fairness Rousey/Holm is far more interesting than Rousey/Correia. Holm will be the underdog of course but nobody who knows anything about the sport gave Bethe a snowball's chance in hell. Not to mention the UFC usually goes all out for the January cards.

Interestly enough is this is the second time Conor headlines a ppv the month before Rousey. UFC 189 was an exponentially better show than UFC 190 but it got far less attention because casual fans don't care quite as much about McGregor (though they should). I have a feeling we're in for a repeat but Aldo/McGregor + Weidman/Rockhold is a far superior main and co-main than Rousey/Holm + JJ/Gadelha II.

Speaking of UFC 194 in December Frankie Edgar has agreed to step in vs either Holloway or Stephens. I like the timing of this as it sets up insurance should Aldo pull out again.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 1:53 PM
In fairness Rousey/Holm is far more interesting than Rousey/Correia. Holm will be the underdog of course but nobody who knows anything about the sport gave Bethe a snowball's chance in hell. Not to mention the UFC usually goes all out for the January cards.

Interestly enough is this is the second time Conor headlines a ppv the month before Rousey. UFC 189 was an exponentially better show than UFC 190 but it got far less attention because casual fans don't care quite as much about McGregor (though they should). I have a feeling we're in for a repeat but Aldo/McGregor + Weidman/Rockhold is a far superior main and co-main than Rousey/Holm + JJ/Gadelha II.

Speaking of UFC 194 in December Frankie Edgar has agreed to step in vs either Holloway or Stephens. I like the timing of this as it sets up insurance should Aldo pull out again.

I've just come to the realization that nobody is going to be "far more interesting" than the last other than it's a different fight. Neither Bethe or Holly have shown me a performance in the UFC that made me think they were going to do better than the 7-10 people ranked higher than them that already failed miserably. The fact neither of them fought a single top 10 fighter to get a title shot is mindblowing but that's what happens when the top fighters all get whipped. You have to figure out ways to overhype people. They did that with Bethe, riding the drama aspect to the fullest because they knew they couldn't say "well she beat Tate, Cat, and Kauffman" because she beat 2 scrubs that train with Ronda. Ronda wanted the fight even before the comments about suicide solely because of Bethe talking about killing off the 4 Horsewomen.

With Rousey it's how I look at fights with Jon Jones. I don't care who they put up against him, I'll always think Jones has it in the bag. 1 time with Gus, who came into the fight with the hype of "they have similar reach", he gave Jones a run for his money. Nobody other than Gus has done that and Gus still lost and would probably lose 10/10 times regardless. Rousey, same thing, I don't see any fights any more or less interesting outside of the usual open mindness you have to take with MMA fights in general. But comparing what Holm has done in MMA versus Ronda's accomplishments, you might as well have the 2 of us fight Ronda with her hands tied behind her back and pray we make it to minute 1 lol.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 3:20 PM
Oh I guarantee I'd beat her if her hands were tied behind her back.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 3:55 PM
Oh I guarantee I'd beat her if her hands were tied behind her back.

She would take you down with her feet and submit you with a leg lock. Then her shoulder would trip me and she'd use her head to bust out some UFC 1 type submission with her head digging into my throat for the tap out lol.

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 3:57 PM
I'd punch her in the face one time and she'd be in a coma.

Nash Diesel
August 24th, 2015, 3:59 PM
I'd punch her in the face one time and she'd be in a coma.

But then the decision would probably be overturned and then you'd be suspended for at least a year :(

Mark Hammer
August 24th, 2015, 4:01 PM
I'm all natural man baby.

Nash Diesel
August 26th, 2015, 10:56 AM
So the rumor mill was that Rousey was fucking around with Travis Browne, you know, married Travis Browne who's under investigation for beating his wife. Apparently the guy's wife put the relationship on blast via Twitter. She's bad ass but I don't know if she's bad ass enough to take out Browne if the shit gets rough. lol.

chatty
August 26th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Id rather have had Tate III but Holm isnt a bad fight. In terms of combat sports shes probably the best fighter Rousey will have fought and if it was stand up only then Id fancy Holm to do the job but ultimately I just cant see her going the distance without hitting the mat and thatll be the end of it.

Mark Hammer
August 26th, 2015, 12:36 PM
So the rumor mill was that Rousey was fucking around with Travis Browne, you know, married Travis Browne who's under investigation for beating his wife. Apparently the guy's wife put the relationship on blast via Twitter. She's bad ass but I don't know if she's bad ass enough to take out Browne if the shit gets rough. lol.

First Schaub and then Browne. She's got... interesting taste.

Nash Diesel
August 26th, 2015, 1:09 PM
First Schaub and then Browne. She's got... interesting taste.

Part of me thinks that her best match would be someone like Leonard from Big Bang Theory. I can't picture Travis Browne or Schaub caring one bit about her yapping about Dragon Ball Z.

Percussion
August 26th, 2015, 1:17 PM
I can't picture one bit her getting a lady boner for Leonard from TBBT.

Nash Diesel
August 26th, 2015, 2:08 PM
I can't picture one bit her getting a lady boner for Leonard from TBBT.

I can't picture you picturing her picturing a picture of a lady boner but I can still picture her being with a type of guy that has a picture of Leonard from Big Bang looking at a picture of him picturing his picture.

Percussion
August 26th, 2015, 2:11 PM
Quit trying to picture me.

Spedizzo
August 27th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Ronda seems to like heavyweights.

I am heavy in weight. She might like me.

Except Travis Browne has 7 inches on me and doesn't weigh much more than me.

sam_elmendorf
September 9th, 2015, 8:11 PM
Guess Ronda is doing a remake of Roadhouse. She's taking the lead roll and asked for her blessing from Swayze's widow.

Percussion
September 9th, 2015, 8:20 PM
Wow. I don't remember Swayze dying.

Nash Diesel
September 10th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Wow. I don't remember Swayze dying.

Yeah a few years ago, had cancer I believe. I think he lasted a year after being diagnosed. Did a t.v. show during that time and died before the finale aired.

Nash Diesel
September 23rd, 2015, 9:54 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/tank-abbott-to-ronda-rousey-make-me-a-sandwich-20150922?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=092215_16&utm_medium=email&ea=Y21hcmN1bTE5ODFAZ21haWwuY29t

Tank v. Rousey, who takes it? And can it be in my backyard?

Spedizzo
September 24th, 2015, 3:53 PM
What would happen if Ronda faced Floyd Mayweather in a boxing ring Dana White?

Tank Abott outweights Honda by about 130 pounds. One punch would shatter her ovaries.

Mark Hammer
September 25th, 2015, 2:10 AM
I could kick Rousey's ass, I'd imagine one haymaker from Tank Abbot and she's dead.

OD50
September 25th, 2015, 5:10 AM
Rousey has said before (http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/6/8158595/ronda-rousey-says-she-wont-fight-a-man-theres-no-setting-in-which-we) that she would never fight a man – for the simple reason that "I don't think we should celebrate a man hitting a woman in any kind of setting" – but perhaps she could make an exception just this once and take Tank up on his challenge? We're sure there are plenty of folks out there who'd love to see him get knocked the fuck out.

Tank is old, fat, washed up and never was very skilled even his prime 20 years ago, no way in hell RRR could ever do that though. Some peeps are very delusional. Ronda, Edmund and Dana like to talk about how Rousey would beat Mayweather in a street fight, the best female professional boxers and the female elite in BJJ because they know none of it will ever happen.

Only way for RRR to win would be to hold on to his leg spider-monkey style and do some heel hook, knee bar, ankle lock or whatever. Even that is highly unlikely though.

Nash Diesel
September 25th, 2015, 9:45 AM
They do say a bunch of weird random shit lol. The only weird random shit I want to hear is the Pride lady announce her and Cyborg in Japan under Pride rules. If she thinks she can take on Floyd how about Cyborg? I want to hear Bas and Quadros at the booth going ape shit over stomps lol.

OD50
September 25th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Kind of annoys me how she does shit like call out the elite BJJ females in the world saying she'd beat them all, and when like 50 girls answer the challenge she goes "yeah, not unless you pay me more than the UFC, lol..". Of course fighting PBF is pure fantasy and Dana would never let her compete in boxing or kickboxing/Muay Thai. However, plenty of UFC guys have competed in Metamoris, so what's stopping Ronda? Put up or shut up, eh?

Nash Diesel
September 25th, 2015, 12:03 PM
One thing you hear out of a lot of MMA fighters and boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, is that they tend to respect the other's sport more often than not. A boxer knows his limits in MMA, and an MMA fighter knows that what they train in boxing would get them murdered. Maybe some females in MMA think that the depth isn't there in other combat sports so that's why you hear shit like Ronda could take out any pro female boxer, but I honestly don't follow women's boxing at all so I have no clue what to think of that. I do know that Rousey talks way too much shit, so does her camp, yet like you said, what's stopping her from doing a Metamorphosis card? Too big of a name? Is that what becomes of so many talented fighters, they just yap and then use money as the out? Imagine if Metamorphosis offered her what she gets paid by the UFC for, would she honestly take the offer? Part of me says hell no, but who knows, maybe in a few years when Roadhouse doesn't blow the doors off the box office she'll do some stuff like that.

Percussion
September 25th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Nicolini vs Rousey, in a gi.

Really that would be incredible.

Nash Diesel
September 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM
http://www.damadeferromma.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Michelle-1-C%C3%B3pia.jpg

Percussion
September 25th, 2015, 1:07 PM
:yes:

Nash Diesel
September 25th, 2015, 1:08 PM
What was the name of that gigantic BJJ woman who challenged Ronda? She made Cyborg look like an infant she was fucking HUGE.

Percussion
September 25th, 2015, 1:24 PM
Gabi Garcia.

She's slimmed down some. Some.

from

http://herecomesanewchallenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Gabi-Garcia.jpg

to

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/779334797.jpg

Spedizzo
September 25th, 2015, 3:51 PM
I want to see Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match damnit

Percussion
September 25th, 2015, 3:58 PM
Are you unsure of the outcome or just want to watch Floyd beat up another chick?

Nash Diesel
September 25th, 2015, 4:10 PM
Rousey would get killed in a boxing match.

I have to know....Did this Floyd v. Ronda stuff start when Floyd was in trouble for hitting his woman or did this start beforehand? It just always seems like whenever someone talks shit about Floyd as it pertains to what Ronda can or can't do it always goes back to "So Floyd can hit another woman?" Was Floyd talking about fighting Ronda or did Ronda say "Hey if he wants to fight a woman let me step in" or something wild and dumb like that?

Percussion
September 25th, 2015, 4:18 PM
It's from before Ronda. I think Chuck called out Floyd years back saying he had a training partner who would whoop him. Since then everytime a similar size guy to Mayweather gets hot the comparisons ring out and Ronda fell perfectly in line size wise and being a chick theoretically fighting a chick abuser.

EDIT: I think it was Banuelos.

Nash Diesel
October 29th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Interesting article about Rousey wanting to be a UFC champion, boxing champion, and WWE women's champion.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ronda-rousey-wants-to-be-a-ufc-boxing-and-wwe-divas-champ-102715

Seanny One Ball
October 29th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Floyd Mayweather is one of the GOATs so Chuck was talking shite. Seriously Floyd has no real equal. He made Manny look like a fool. Great boxing doesn't have to look good.

OD50
October 30th, 2015, 4:37 AM
Interesting article about Rousey wanting to be a UFC champion, boxing champion, and WWE women's champion.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ronda-rousey-wants-to-be-a-ufc-boxing-and-wwe-divas-champ-102715
I could see Ronda just fighting another year or two, she's talking about retirement quite often actually. I think the plan is to exit undefeated from the UFC and then go do Hollywood and WWE part-time. She would definitely be the perfect chick to pull off the Shane Douglas ECW/NWA double-cross angle. You know, calling out the Divas title for the trash that it is, proclaiming herself WWE Women's champion. You just know certain people would go crazy for that. If you want to take it one step further have Ronda proclaim herself WWE World champion plain and simple. There's a movement here in Sweden that wants the "women's/ladies" prefix removed from any kind of sport. You know, why call it "Ladies premier league" when the mens version is just called "The Premier League"? That's sexist and marginalizing females, or something like that..

Floyd Mayweather is one of the GOATs so Chuck was talking shite. Seriously Floyd has no real equal. He made Manny look like a fool. Great boxing doesn't have to look good.
C'mon now, everyone knows Antonio Banuelos and RRR would straight up whoop PBF in boxing, just ask Dana White.

Spedizzo
November 18th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I want to see Ronda Rousey in an evening gown match now

Nash Diesel
November 18th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I want to see Ronda Rousey in an evening gown match now

lol that's random.

The Law
November 18th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Ever see this dress she wore on Kimmel? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/07/01/2D26DFEA00000578-0-image-a-37_1444176641242.jpg

Nash Diesel
November 18th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Ever see this dress she wore on Kimmel? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/07/01/2D26DFEA00000578-0-image-a-37_1444176641242.jpg

Yep Yep. She looked good.

Melly
November 18th, 2015, 11:56 AM
She's such a badass. :love: