PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one or PS4? Which one should I get?

eldanielfire
September 27th, 2014, 9:16 AM
I had a 360 last generation. Loved it. Lots of fun. Love COD online (Still play Ghosts) and still do. Other favs where GTA V, Lego Star Wars, NBA2k series and Red Dead Redemption. Old schools stuff I loved Mario Kart, Final Fantasy (until 10 was just a series of corridors and weird stories), Resident Evil 4 and the Pro Evo series. I deffo enjoyed the xbox one controlled more than the PS3, due to the positioning of the left analogue stick feeling much more natural but I hear the PS4 one is much better than prior PS controllers

I don't care for specs all that much like graphics etc but which should be my next purchase?

Grimario
September 27th, 2014, 9:21 AM
Look at the exclusives for each system and decide what you want.

Alternatively, buy the one that you can play online with your friends.

Donald
September 27th, 2014, 9:24 AM
PS4

eldanielfire
September 27th, 2014, 9:26 AM
Look at the exclusives for each system and decide what you want.

Alternatively, buy the one that you can play online with your friends.

The exclusives are meaningless. I know nothing about them. Which one is supposed to ahve the better?

Grimario
September 27th, 2014, 9:37 AM
The exclusives are meaningless. I know nothing about them. Which one is supposed to ahve the better?

The big ones will be Unchartered/LBP3/Killzone/Infamous on ps4 vs Halo/Fable/Dead Rising/killer instinct , I think. Then some car games like Drive Club vs Forza 5. You get some remakes... The Last of Us Remastered on ps4 and Halo Master Chief Collection on xbone.

Better is defined by which ones you want to play.

All of the cod and bf games are on both, same with AC and all the sport games.

Peter Griffin
September 27th, 2014, 9:43 AM
I for one am getting giddy about the new uncharted :hyper:

Atty
September 27th, 2014, 10:12 AM
The PS4 exclusives have it pretty handily for me. Probably won't make a move until Uncharted or Arkham comes out though.

Peter Griffin
September 27th, 2014, 10:14 AM
What is LBP3 anyhow? :shifty:

Donald
September 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Let's Buy Playstation 3s, I think.

The Rick
September 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM
The PS4 exclusives have it pretty handily for me. Probably won't make a move until Uncharted or Arkham comes out though.

I'm waiting for tax time in march. I'll be picking mine up then.

Grimario
September 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
What is LBP3 anyhow? :shifty:
Little Big Planet 3

Amazing series

Kyle_242
September 27th, 2014, 12:25 PM
The hardware and libraries are so similar these days, I don't think it matters anymore. I think the best general rule to follow is buy whatever your friends have. If your friends don't play games (like me), or if you don't have friends (ok, that's more like me) then just go with your brand allegiance. If you have no such allegiance, then really just wait for a good Black Friday type deal that attracts you and go with that.

I hesitate to bring this up, but if you have money and patience to burn, you might also consider a gaming PC.

EDIT: Scratch that last part. Read your original post and it seems like you'd enjoy gaming on console much more than PC.

eldanielfire
September 27th, 2014, 12:41 PM
It's looking strongly like a PS4 now. So it might be goodbye early DLC for COD.

LOCONUT
September 27th, 2014, 1:47 PM
Fat chicks like PS4 matey.

Excel
September 27th, 2014, 4:07 PM
Call me Big Bertha then

Donald
September 27th, 2014, 6:23 PM
they call me big bertha won't you back that ass up yous a fine motherfucker won't you back that ass up

Fro
September 27th, 2014, 7:06 PM
Wii U

Atty
September 27th, 2014, 9:18 PM
Wii U really is fantastic. I just wish there was more third-party support for it...

...Really, just Arkham Knight on it.

And a Mass Effect Trilogy re-release with all the DLC and bugs fixed.

Kdestiny
September 27th, 2014, 9:22 PM
WiiU will be more competitive when Smash Bros and more Zelda comes out

Atty
September 27th, 2014, 9:25 PM
It's already the best system by far.

eldanielfire
September 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I thought the WiiU was meant to be a flop with no games?

Kdestiny
September 28th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mario Kart and Mario 3D are loads of fun and Luigi WiiU is entertaining too

The Rick
September 28th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I thought the WiiU was meant to be a flop with no games?

Sales wise it still is a flop. But Mario Kart really started them gaining some serious sales. With a New Smash Bros. imminent and a new Zelda on the horizon, Nintendo is poised to sell a bunch more systems. I don't see them catching up to Sony or Microsoft at this point, but I can definitely see them beating them in sales for a few months here and there.

Atty
January 31st, 2015, 9:36 PM
Ok, unfair question time!

Being a massive nerd and having already filed my taxes, I'm thinking about a PS4 or Xbone with part of my refund. Is it to the point where it's worth it yet for those of you with one? I'd largely be waiting on Arkham, maybe diving on MLB The Show, but I just don't know if it's worth it yet or if I'd just end up playing through my 360/PS3/WiiU backlog while it gathers dust waiting for Batman to arrive so I can suck him off.

Kdestiny
February 1st, 2015, 2:25 AM
I like the PS4 a lot. Works pretty well. Not so sure about the Xbone other than it being less expensive

The Rick
February 1st, 2015, 2:35 AM
I want one in time to play this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4

Kdestiny
February 1st, 2015, 2:38 AM
though the first exclusive I'm most excited for is Uncharted 4

Bill Casey
February 1st, 2015, 4:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAhhTL7qXtA

hithit
February 1st, 2015, 4:14 AM
Get a ps4 atty. Show is good, destiny is amazing, and a bunch of other games to tide you over until batman comes out.

Mark Hammer
February 1st, 2015, 5:24 AM
Just got a PS4. MarkHammer925 jabronis, hit me up. I got that Advanced Warfare.

LOCONUT
February 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM
lol xbox

Mark Hammer
February 1st, 2015, 2:39 PM
x bone

Atty
February 1st, 2015, 8:11 PM
Get a ps4 atty. Show is good, destiny is amazing, and a bunch of other games to tide you over until batman comes out.

PS4 is definitely how I'm leaning. The Show, even more than Uncharted, is the main draw as an exclusive. I love the game every year and would hate to lose it. The backlog I'm working through really may hold me back until Batman. I just discovered Skyrim...

I really should research if there is expected to be some Batman bundle. I also hate the idea of losing/not being able to play some games like the Mass Effect Trilogy on the system. It's silly, as I would have them on PS3 regardless, but announcing some remastered games with no load times would sell me.

I'd imagine all the Arkhams will be rereleased this summer and that will be huge for me.

Mark Hammer
February 2nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
Yeah, the lack of backwards-compatibility this generation is shitty. I went from XBOX 360 to PS4 so there is an entire library of games for the PS3 that I have missed out on.

LOCONUT
February 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Xbox is for wankers.

Atty
February 18th, 2015, 11:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAhhTL7qXtA

This is far to realistic to my decision making process.

Reech
February 18th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I used to be an Xbox 360 guy, but I've moved to the PS4.

I've found that Sony's range of first party games and the console itself are much stronger than Microsoft's. The Xbox One is very difficult to navigate and more expensive (well, was when I bought my PS4). Multiplatform games are irrelevant so you're looking to judge it on the first/second party and the online interface.

I find PSN more usable than the Xbox store and the online features much easier to use on this generation. But, at the end of the day, it's mostly down to "what are my friends on?" and this generation, most of us collectively (likely without realising) decided that a PS4 is for us rather than the Xbox.

I'll likely get an Xbox one day, I've bought some stuff dirt cheap (such as Titanfall and AssCreeBlaFla) for me to play along with all those free Xbox Gold games I have.

And this is from someone who wants you to buy an Xbox so you'll buy his games and make up lots of cash.

Atty
February 18th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I'm probably going to make the jump to PS4 in about a week. Gathered up some old PS3 stuff to trade in for games (I want Tomb Raider and Dragon Age on PS4) and then will be getting The Last of Us bundle on the 25th or 26th.

It'll be kind of light on stuff I want (MLB 15 The Show) before Batman, but I'd much rather have the system in place and ready come June 2nd, than be spending like 500 all at once to play Batman.

I'm really amazed the games I have on multiple systems. Between the Wii U and 360, I have all the Arkham games covered, so I'm not losing any. Similar to Mass Effect (but I'll wait on the remaster for the next play there.) It's actually a frightening number of games, as if they showed up on sale on Gold I apparently just bought them if I liked them.

Hero!
August 20th, 2015, 12:47 PM
So, here's my dilemma:

XBone is currently $350 at Wal-mart with 2 games, 2 controllers, and a headset. Pretty damn solid bundle. PS4 is $400 for a simple console & game bundle. Now, I've never owned an X-Box, but i'm not against having one. Is there any reason in terms of specific games or anything that should sway me towards a PS4 and not the XBone?

i've also got a windows 10 upgrade waiting for me and i've heard that the x-box app is pretty cool. I'm strongly leaning towards getting the X-box, but I wanted to hear any arguments for getting the PS4 instead.

Morrison
August 20th, 2015, 4:19 PM
there was a ps4 batman bundle with destiny and the last ass creed game for $400 on amazon. i know you weren't into the arkham games, but it's still good value.

depending on your group of real life friends, i believe the majority of rajah community gaming is taking place on the ps4, if that's something you want to take part in. i've got both systems, and really couldn't tell you that one is any better than the other, on the whole. the exclusives for each system, right now, aren't exactly system defining. xbox one has titanfall, the remastered halo collection, sunset overdrive, the rare replay collection, and dead rising 3 all out, with halo 5, the remastered gears of war, gears of war 4 and the next tomb raider all set for the future. plus backwards compatibility coming, though not solid list of confirmed games for that yet.

the ps4 has bloodborne, some final fantasy's, god of war 3 remaster, last of us remaster, infamous, killzone, injustice, little big planet 3 and mlb, with really only the unchartered remaster collection and uncharted 4 on the way as far as real big exclusives, as far as i can tell.

also, microsoft doesn't cap your speeds for downloading games or playing online. i pay for a 100mb/s connection, since me and my wife are both constantly using the internet for something, usually at the same time, and i'll regularly get high download speeds and low ping on my xbox, sometimes even maxing out at over 100mb/s. with my ps4, even with a wired connection, i top out at 40mb/s on a good day, cause sony limited things cause the ps3 was free for online play. don't know your situation on that or if you're planning on doing a lot of online gaming, but it's there to consider.

overall, microsoft really makes a case for the xbox one pretty compelling, especially now with the windows streaming. you can't go wrong with either system, to be honest, since all of the best games are going to hit both consoles either immediately on release or sometime soon after.

Hero!
August 20th, 2015, 4:57 PM
That's a great bit of info. Thanks, babe. I'm gonna sit on this decision for a while.

what are you rajah sluts playing on PS4?

Morrison
August 20th, 2015, 5:12 PM
i know a bunch of brits got a fifa thing going on. we also have a madden league that will be expanding once the new game comes out next week. a bunch of people also play rocket league, which is basically soccer in tiny RC cars, which is a ps4 exclusive at the moment, that i had totally forgotten about, and it's brilliant.

Atty
August 20th, 2015, 7:10 PM
Really, it comes down to exclusives. There's not enough difference in the two systems to sell one over the other on their own. If you need to play something that is XBox, like Halo, then there's your answer. Likewise, The Show, Uncharted and The Last of Us being PS4 exclusive made my choice for me. Very few games are actually exclusive at this point. Tomb Raider was going to be a One exclusive, now PS4 is getting it too. Only games that stay exclusive now are company games (ones that Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony make), so it just comes down to whether there's something on the horizon that you will "need" to play like that.

lotjx
August 20th, 2015, 9:24 PM
Dungeon and Dragons online is free if you have Gold as is Metal Gear Solid V. D&D is highly addictive if you are into fantasy and MMO.

Matthew
August 20th, 2015, 9:57 PM
i am going through a bit of the same problem, hero. a difference though is that i was pretty avid on my 360 and the backwards compatibility is the main thing that evens out the debate between the two.

Morrison
August 20th, 2015, 11:21 PM
sony has ps now going for it, which isnt a bad service. i did the free trial, and it worked well. there are inherent issues with it, but if it continues to grow, older playstation games will be available in some form on most sony devices, albeit with a fee attached.

Pablo Diablo
August 21st, 2015, 12:01 AM
Yeah if you were a 360 person before then right now solely because of the backwards compatibility they are adding you may want to go more X1. PS4 I went with because really I don't play with many real life people and the ones I would have PS4 anyways. But most of the Rajah folk (especially for Fifa) were PS4.

Matthew
August 21st, 2015, 2:28 AM
mainly i just dont want all my rock band songs to go away. i have so many :(

OD50
August 21st, 2015, 5:34 AM
I went PS1 -> PS2/Xbox -> Xbox 360. Will probably get the Xbox One next. Don't know or care which one's better, need my Gears of War UE/4 though. Most games I like will probably be on both consoles anyway. Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us look pretty dope though.

The Beer Monster
August 31st, 2015, 3:29 AM
I'm picking up a ps4 today. I was making myself save for it, but then I got bored of that shit.

Badger
August 31st, 2015, 4:54 AM
On the XBox 360 at the moment, but will be switching to PS4 soon, mainly for the FF7 remake.

Morrison
August 31st, 2015, 3:53 PM
you know that remake is likely years away, right?

Spedizzo
August 31st, 2015, 4:10 PM
I have both (not proud of the fact).

I feel like more of the people I play with have XBox one.

But I prefer PS4.

There is nothing significantly different though IMO. Just get whichever system has more of your mates on it, or is cheaper/offering a better bundle.

Chris
August 31st, 2015, 4:18 PM
Splashed out on a PS4 and Arkham today. I've been a PlayStation fan from the beginning, but this is the longest I've waited to upgrade to the next generation. I think I'll pick up Fifa and Star Wars Battlefront over the next few months and rely on some relatives for other games at Christmas.

Badger
August 31st, 2015, 4:50 PM
you know that remake is likely years away, right?

2017 I believe, but my current XBox 360 getting on a bit as lid is sticky and a chore to open at times and played through most of the games. I'll l look to upgrade by next year and get some of the Fallout, FIFA, COD, Arkham Knight, Final Fantasy XV (when released next year) games to take up my time before the remake comes out.