Defrost
September 23rd, 2014, 7:18 PM
AJ Styles defends the IWGP Heavyweight Title against Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kazuchika Okada put the Tokyo Dome IWGP Contract up against Tetsuya Naito
Chase Daniels makes his NJPW defending the NWA Jr Title

I fear this will be a much better show than 1/4 will be

thesamuelcooke
September 23rd, 2014, 8:07 PM
If/When Tana doesn't win I will be praying for Shinsuke to come out to challenge AJ. Neeeds to happen.

Tainted Eclipse
September 23rd, 2014, 9:12 PM
The main event is what it should be. It'll be good. Okada/Naito, fair enough. It'll be a good match. My fantasy booking, which 100% should have happened exactly like this, would have had Honma gettign an upset against Fale for the IC title at this card, and he would then drop it to Ishii at the Dome. I'm mad it didn't happen exactly like that.

Defrost
September 24th, 2014, 2:49 AM
So Honma. Curtain jerking 8 man tag match

NJPW "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 13.10.2014 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Special Eight Man Tag Match: Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe, Kota Ibushi & Tomoaki Honma vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens (c) vs. BUSHI
3. NWA World Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
4. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title, Three Way Match: Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA (c) vs. Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson vs. Alex Kozlov & Rocky Romero
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. El Desperado
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Yujiro Takahashi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
8. Special Tag Match: Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
9. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Gibby
September 24th, 2014, 7:43 AM
they announced that the winners of the two main events is the WK9 main event. so no Nakamura in the WK9 main event.

Tainted Eclipse
September 24th, 2014, 4:40 PM
fuck you njpw, really

Tainted Eclipse
September 24th, 2014, 4:41 PM
largely uninteresting card outside the main event

Defrost
September 24th, 2014, 4:44 PM
The lack of Yoshi-Hashi annoys me. Yoshi-Hashi not winning the NEVER Title annoys me a lot.

Tainted Eclipse
September 24th, 2014, 4:52 PM
yoshi-hashi is right there in the SPECIAL TAG MATCH.

yujiro/ishii again, ugh. please stop. another yano/suzuki tag. even though they're now using it to build suzuki/sakauraba, still, its awful and the same shit as for the past 2 years or whatever. everything else is just there.

Defrost
September 24th, 2014, 4:56 PM
yoshi-hashi is right there in the SPECIAL TAG MATCH.

I so assumed he would not be that high up on the card I missed that :lol:

thesamuelcooke
September 24th, 2014, 5:30 PM
Styles vs Okada it more than likely is then :( sure it'll be great but fuck... Could've had Nakamura/Okada

Defrost
September 24th, 2014, 5:33 PM
I am very fearful for what the Dome card is gonna be

Gibby
September 24th, 2014, 5:58 PM
I'd put money on it being Styles - Okada. Talk of a big US roll out with English comms, going to want to have someone to sell for that kind of outlay. Tanahashi already got his win too. Can see Jarrett turning up to make the difference.

I'm fine with that as a WK main event. Their matches get increasingly better. If Okada wins, and I think that he will, I would love to see Styles rematch with Suzuki before his contract expires. Heck, even if he retains!

There does need to be a little bit of freshening but I am sure that WK9 will be a big deal. I just can't quite pick the brains of the bookers here.

Gibby
September 24th, 2014, 6:02 PM
Am also completely fine with Ishii getting a proper chance to completely duff Yujiro up, by the way. Ishii walked tall with that NEVER belt and made so many suckers look like gold. It's his, he earned it, it is his Million Dollar Championship.

Tainted Eclipse
September 29th, 2014, 7:06 PM
they announced that the winners of the two main events is the WK9 main event. so no Nakamura in the WK9 main event.

It has to be Tanahashi/Okada, right? They won't run Okada/Styles at the Dome would they?

Defrost
September 29th, 2014, 7:08 PM
They won't run Okada/Styles at the Dome would they?

This misbegotten GFW American PPV idea may very well be leading to this, yes.

Tainted Eclipse
September 29th, 2014, 7:10 PM
Are NJPW REALLY going to get worked that hard?

Defrost
September 29th, 2014, 7:14 PM
The owner thinks that wrestling peaked with current WWE. The Chairman thinks wrestling peaked with 1997 WCW. And the bookers think wrestling peaked in mid 1980s Jim Crockett Promotions. So you tell me if that group will allow themselves to be worked on this subject?

Psycho666Soldier
September 29th, 2014, 11:30 PM
It has to be Tanahashi/Okada, right? They won't run Okada/Styles at the Dome would they?

Honestly, I think it's the better match to roll with. Tana/Okada has been done to death, and while you could argue the same about Okada/Styles, each match keeps getting better, and I feel the Dome match would be the best of the four. If we have to do a match that's been done already, I'd rather it be the latter.

Defrost
September 29th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Okada vs Styles won't draw in Japan. I have a great fear they are gonna do a card at the Dome trying to draw Americans that will get maybe 7,000 ppv buys and meanwhile draw the worst Dome crowd ever.

Psycho666Soldier
September 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM
I dunno, the Japanese crowds have been getting behind AJ. I don't see why it wouldn't draw at this point.

Defrost
September 30th, 2014, 12:08 AM
They are aware he exists now as a opposed to before. They really liked his match with Minoru Suzuki that's about it. A double main event of Okada vs Styles and Tanahashi vs Jarrett draws 15k tops.

Beer-Belly
September 30th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Ishii vs. AJ or Shibata vs. AJ.

Defrost
September 30th, 2014, 12:18 AM
The winner of Okada vs Naito is already announced as getting the shot at the Dome

Beer-Belly
September 30th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Oh, well Okada then.

Tainted Eclipse
October 7th, 2014, 5:21 PM
so theres definitely no way this will be streamed live? :(

Gibby
October 7th, 2014, 5:50 PM
you can try through NicoNico, it works out cheaper but is way more annoying.

http://pastebin.com/mb2HFKtx

Defrost
October 7th, 2014, 6:30 PM
NicoNico is the only option. A lot of people claiming they got it to work. None of them provide any details how.

Defrost
October 9th, 2014, 5:37 PM
F4W.com explains how to use Nico Nico

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/39335-for-those-who-want-to-get-mondays-new-japan-king-of-pro-wrestling-show-and-dragon-gate-shows-here-are-the-instructions

Tainted Eclipse
October 11th, 2014, 8:32 PM
Overall this looks like a better card than I initially thought. Still, some head scratching stuff going on lately. KUSHIDA dropping the title to Taguchi especially. KUSHIDA should've been the guy to anchor that division for a while yet. A proper match with Ibushi and a rematch as champ vs. Ricochet were definitely in order.

Taguchi/Desperado doesn't interest me at all, talk about two guys I don't even have an opinion of.

Percussion
October 11th, 2014, 8:54 PM
Flipping through here I thought I'd ask those who follow puro much more than I, does Alex Shelley have a pretty good standing in NJPW? It seems he does to some degree of course, and I know he was injured during the Super Juniors so I'm not sure if that was headed for more. Just being a fan of his and all, and I'm always interested to see how the Japanese fans take to certain gaijin performers.

As much as I'd like to see him stateside I figure WWE would just have him become The Hurricane's Dick Grayson or some nonsense.

Defrost
October 11th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Shelley is over, but the real job security is probably the fact that he is Okada's best friend.

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 3:18 AM
on the one had honma didnt drop the fall. on the other hand he is barely featured in the third biggest show of the year despite being possibly the best worker and most over in the company. fun opener anyway. why are they doing this. boo hoo the yakuza.

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 3:34 AM
Liger cut a promo in english and it was awesome

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 3:52 AM
kojima tenzan no :cry:

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 4:05 AM
god damn the suzuki/sakuraba stuff was fucking awesome.

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 4:11 AM
Hope they don't weigh it down at the Dome by adding Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 5:18 AM
that was the assiest match i've seen in a long time

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 5:21 AM
There was a staggering amount of taint based offense

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 6:06 AM
poor naito

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 7:18 AM
please let that be the end of the bullet club shit

disappointing main event. the g1 match was better and even that felt like a prelude to a better match.

Gibby
October 13th, 2014, 7:58 AM
Show of the year, enjoyed it from soup to nuts.

Psycho666Soldier
October 13th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Uggh, Tanahashi as champ going into WK9 doesn't interest me. Okada/Styles had more intrigue for me than Okada/Tanahashi for the umpteenth time. Just feels uninspired.

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 4:56 PM
I am so happy I was wrong you have no idea. Holy shit Jado and Gedo for best bookers.

Psycho666Soldier
October 13th, 2014, 5:02 PM
To each their own, I suppose. I just think the other option would have more meat on it at this point if we're not going with any of the options it should have been before Okada won the G1.

Defrost
October 13th, 2014, 5:22 PM
The thought of a Styles/Okada and Tanahashi/Jarrett double main event filled me with dread

Tainted Eclipse
October 13th, 2014, 6:24 PM
i dont know that avoiding one of the worst sounding booking decisions of all time qualifies you for best booker

let them put together some interesting main events, push honma and ishii and do something good with the juniors division before we start talking about them being great bookers.

Ringo
October 13th, 2014, 7:42 PM
Haven't seen the show, just reading the results. But I'm a hell of a lot more excited about New Japan than I was before.

Tanahashi/Okada as WK main event works for me :yes: Better than Okada/Styles. It's not as fresh as some other scenarios we had envisioned but it is the big feud from the past few years so it fits the bill and should deliver.

Potentially Nakamura/Shibata for IC title, Ishii regains the NEVER belt, a push for Yoshi Tatsu, Tenzan/Kojima old friends FIGHT, MiSu/Saku, Liger could be heading towards retirement...

all kinds of intriguing things getting going now.