PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fiba Basketball World Cup Preview And Picks

kirby12
September 12th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Serbia

Serbia is currently ranked eleventh in the FIBA World Rankings. It was known as the Yugoslavia national basketball team until April 1992 and the FR Yugoslavia/Serbia and Montenegro national basketball team until June 2006. When Serbia became Independent, it became the successor state to the Serbia and Montenegro and therefore the results of previous state FR Yugoslavia/Serbia and Montenegro rightfully belong to it. However FR Yugoslavia/Serbia and Montenegro is not considered to be the succesor of SFRY so the results before 1992 dont belong to the current team.

France

The team is the current reigning champion of europe. france has been a regular at eurobasket, with 37 apearances with its best being a gold medal at eurobasket 2013 and silver medals at eurobasket 1949 and eurobasket 2011. the french squad has also won two silver medals at the summer olympics, in 1948 and 2000. france's best result at the FIBA World Cup came in 2006, when it finished in fifth place. france has qualified for the FIBA Eurobasket a total of 36 times, more than any other nation.

31/08/2014 Last Meetings: 74-73

Asian Handicap Odds

Serbia -3.00 | 2.00
Serbia -2.50 | 1.90

France +3.00 | 1.88
France +2.50 | 1.98

Pick: France +3.00 | 1.88

All my pick teams is only my personal opinion. and i based all my bets on their last matches, history, etc. For more recently Odds Check out SBobet. (https://www.sbobet.com/euro/basketball)

kirby12
September 14th, 2014, 9:32 AM
USA vs Serbia

Team USA's run to the 2014 FIBA World Cup championship has been as expected—blowing out opponents on the scoreboard, even amid some struggles against the tournament's better teams. Team ball has been the way to success for the Serbians, who have been incredibly consistent with their approach ever since the tournament reached the elimination stage. They lost to Spain to close out the group stage, but afterward outscored opponents in 10 straight quarters before France mounted a late comeback in the second half Friday. Serbia will be the best team the U.S. has faced, but the Serbians aren't on the level that Spain is. Like Lithuania, Australia, Turkey and all the other impressive teams the USA has played, they have holes that Coach K will be quick to attack.

It will be tougher than expected for Harden, Steph Curry and company, but the Americans will repeat as FIBA world champions with a dominant second half. USA 94 Serbia 70

Last Meetings: None

Asian Handicap Odds

USA -21.00 | 1.90
USA -21.50 | 1.98

Serbia +21.00 | 1.98
Serbia +21.50 | 1.90

Pick: USA -21.50 | 1.98

All my pick teams is only my personal opinion. and i based all my bets on their last matches, history, etc. For more recently Odds Check out SBobet. (https://www.sbobet.com/euro/basketball)