PDA

View Full Version : The Rajah Football Couch

Grimario
July 23rd, 2014, 7:31 AM
So, not entirely sure how this will work but given the wonders of the internet and the easily accessible streams + torrents for lots of games these days, I thought this might be an interesting concept.

We have a diverse number of reasonably regular posters (or lurkers), myself in Australia, _me/Judas/MTR (plus others) in the USA, MMH and his love of random European leagues, McBain and the Metfone C-League and fans of Football League and lower... can we combine to each decide to watch a different game outside our regular viewing each week?

BBF
July 23rd, 2014, 7:39 AM
I like it :yes:

With BT Sport having conference games it makes non league English football pretty easy.

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2014, 8:00 AM
Nice idea.

Peter Griffin
July 23rd, 2014, 9:47 AM
im all for watching some random football.

Grimario
August 12th, 2014, 5:34 AM
Very short notice however some FFA Cup action, live right now. Not sure if geoblocked.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NY2YTEEsGUg?rel=0

This is two A-League teams, the new Man City funded Melbourne City vs Sydney FC.

Broadcast is NOT professional, one (maybe two) sideline cameras set up with local commentary team who do one game per week when the Victorian Premier League is on, so they aren't inexperienced.

RFF Champ
August 12th, 2014, 5:46 AM
Damien Duff!

RFF Champ
August 12th, 2014, 5:46 AM
Patrick Kisnorbo too!

Clive Plasma
August 12th, 2014, 5:48 AM
That badge in the top right looks like it belongs to some far right English political group.

Grimario
August 12th, 2014, 5:55 AM
That's a goal that shows how bad some of our keepers are. Hilariously bad if anyone saw that.

RFF Champ
August 12th, 2014, 5:56 AM
Loved that, Kisnorbo treading water to chase it down was class.

Grimario
August 12th, 2014, 5:58 AM
That badge in the top right looks like it belongs to some far right English political group.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpbZ8jCCYAA1Cde.png:large

Clive Plasma
August 12th, 2014, 6:07 AM
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/tonyurquhart/england/EDL-New-Thumb.jpg

Grimario
August 12th, 2014, 6:14 AM
Apologies to anyone watching this. Whilst the quality of the stream is fantastic and the commentators aren't as awful as some of the professional ones we have here, the quality of football is pretty awful and not a true representation of how good (shit) the A-League is. Probably something to do with it being two months before the season starts and half of the squads not being available.

RFF Champ
August 12th, 2014, 6:17 AM
I switched off when a guy who couldn't score in the Conference prodded it past a goalkeeper playing left back and a defender looked knackered chasing the ball back ten yards. How can it get any more entertaining than that?

Gary J
August 13th, 2014, 5:25 AM
Did Robert Koren play?

Grimario
August 13th, 2014, 5:35 AM
Did Robert Koren play?

Nah. Duff was the only big name import that played. Koren and Villa not in the squad.

Ringo
August 18th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm going to try and follow the Bundesliga more closely this season. Also fancy getting to some Hertha games - or the far trendier second division Union Berlin for that matter. Might as well, I could probably go to about eight before I pay as much as I did for my last Chelsea game at Christmas. If I end up watching a stream of something good, I'll post it in here. :yes:

Grimario
August 19th, 2014, 8:00 AM
Another stream of an FFA Cup fixture featuring the reigning A league champions, Brisbane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1ShL8kZCI

Ringo
August 19th, 2014, 5:03 PM
Spanish Super Cup just starting. Great tribute to Di Stefano before the game. Three absolutely massive banners, a huge number 9 in the centre circle, all the trophies he won laid out and a string quartet playing adagio for strings while the fans chant his name. Plenty of tears.

BBF
September 10th, 2014, 6:35 AM
Dover vs Barnet is live on BT Sport tonight. 7.45 kick off so 4.45am in Oz, 2.45 on the east coast and 11.45 on the west coast :yes:

RFF Champ
September 10th, 2014, 6:42 AM
Dover 3 - Barnet 0
Elder 16, 45 (pen), 81

Grimario
September 10th, 2014, 6:42 AM
All of the lower league stuff is on setanta here :-(

BBF
September 10th, 2014, 6:46 AM
Dover 3 - Barnet 0
Elder 16, 45 (pen), 81

LOL, good one mate. 2-0 Bees, Charlie Mac and BJA with one each

All of the lower league stuff is on setanta here :-(

Pay service? Bloody early I know but we're worth a watch at the moment. Playing some lovely football, averaging just under 3 goals a game and 5 clean sheets out of 7 so far :yes:

RFF Champ
September 10th, 2014, 6:59 AM
Lump on Barnet Beebs?

BBF
September 10th, 2014, 7:27 AM
Using my head yes. Using the if someone bets on us we'll lose logic no please don't.

Grimario
September 10th, 2014, 8:40 PM
LOL, good one mate. 2-0 Bees, Charlie Mac and BJA with one each

Pay service? Bloody early I know but we're worth a watch at the moment. Playing some lovely football, averaging just under 3 goals a game and 5 clean sheets out of 7 so far :yes:

15 a month on top of the 100 or so I already pay for everything else.