PDA

View Full Version : Article on front page complaint

turdpower
July 21st, 2014, 1:32 PM
I'm aware that the news is sourced elsewhere, however I assume the reporting of PPV's is done in house? Anyway, I didn't watch Battleground and have no intention really, so decided to support Rajah and read their report of it.

This is at the end. It is a spoiler of what happened if anyone cares:

All four men are down now as the fans start stomping their feet and clapping their hands as the intensity builds towards what appears to be the end of tonight's WWE Battleground pay-per-view main event.

Each guy starts showing signs of life and here we go. The clock says 10:50pm Eastern Time, so we're clearly nearing the finish. Each guy hits their finisher in a sequence, concluding with Cena hitting the Attitude Adjustment for the 1-2-3. The show goes off of the air with Cena celebrating and the announce team plugging the Battleground post-show, which will feature an "exclusive interview" with John Cena.

So yeah, I know who won, but no idea how.

Newf
July 21st, 2014, 6:16 PM
It told you HOW he won. Are you're wondering who he pinned?

Mr_Nobody
July 21st, 2014, 6:22 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who found that weird.

Pipkin
July 21st, 2014, 6:40 PM
Stuff like this is why I don't use the main page when I score Fantasy WWE. There are other sites that do a great job of play-by-play, and really let you follow along. The people that do it for Rajah just don't care enough to put in the effort.

turdpower
July 22nd, 2014, 3:40 PM
It told you HOW he won. Are you're wondering who he pinned?

Yes, the biggest part I cared about was the ending, I know idea who hit what finisher on who or who he pinned.

mth
July 22nd, 2014, 9:14 PM
If you want the details:
Reigns speared Kane and then got RKO'd by Orton. Orton then got an AA from Cena onto Kane, and Cena pinned Kane to win.
Which is definitely a bit more than just each guy hitting his finisher.

virms
July 22nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
just a bit...not really though.

turdpower
January 6th, 2015, 8:15 PM
http://rajah.com/node/45107

This is awful.

Am I wasting my time complaining on the forums? Are the people who man the site not on the forums?

Seriously who is the person in charge of copying and pasting these articles and pressing "submit" because anyone else could do a better job and at least change them around and make them interesting - or in this instance actually give some information or facts.

Cewsh
January 6th, 2015, 9:00 PM
Each poster is individually in charge of what they post and how. There are only loose guidelines as to how this must be done, and no one oversees them on a post by post basis. Issues with individual posts really need to be taken up with the authors themselves, but there is no easy way to communicate with them, even between fellow authors.

It isn't a waste of time to point out these issues, and positive changes have been made in the past because of similar criticisms. But there is a limited amount that anyone can really do unless GBF or I are given some kind of expanded reach in that area.

turdpower
January 7th, 2015, 1:38 PM
When you say author? I mean it's a cut and paste job from another forums so how do people not know someone else is doing it?

Cewsh
January 7th, 2015, 1:41 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. The "reporters" are well aware they're copying and pasting. They just don't care.

turdpower
January 7th, 2015, 2:07 PM
I know they are well aware they are copying and pasting. I'm not for one second thinking they don't understand copy and paste.

My point is. If we have posters X, Y and Z. How do they know who posts what? Do they do shifts or what? How has nobody posted the same as someone else?

Cewsh
January 7th, 2015, 2:28 PM
They seem to go in shifts. If you'll notice, for the most part it's one person at a time reporting stories during one part of the day and then the next. Plus, if you post something that has already been done, you can always just edit it after you've posted.

But if you're asking if there's any kind of established way of deciding who covers what, there isn't as far as i'm aware.

turdpower
January 7th, 2015, 5:58 PM
I don't notice really because I don't go on it that often and I don't read every article only ones that I want to read from the headline.

Copying and pasting articles must be so boring and unrewarding - what do they get out of it?

Cewsh
January 7th, 2015, 8:50 PM
Tens of thousands of readers.

Fanny
January 8th, 2015, 11:56 AM
rajah.com has tens of thousands of readers, really? Not being sarcy, genuine question.

turdpower
January 8th, 2015, 2:21 PM
Tens of thousands of readers.

No, what does the person get out of it?

Why does someone spend his day copying and pasting things? What is his reward?

Someone reading something you've copied and pasted is not rewarding.

Cewsh
January 8th, 2015, 3:21 PM
rajah.com has tens of thousands of readers, really? Not being sarcy, genuine question.

Absolutely.

No, what does the person get out of it?

Why does someone spend his day copying and pasting things? What is his reward?

Someone reading something you've copied and pasted is not rewarding.

Not rewarding to you or I, I agree. But there's a huge number of people who do this and things much like it.

turdpower
January 8th, 2015, 7:41 PM
Oh, Autism.

virms
January 8th, 2015, 7:51 PM
They can use rajah as a stepping stoNE to possibly get on other more popular sites and get their foot in the door.

turdpower
January 8th, 2015, 7:56 PM
stoNE?

virms
January 8th, 2015, 8:23 PM
Fuck if I know. Typed it on my phone but just did it again and it didn't auto correct that way.

turdpower
March 31st, 2015, 6:20 PM
http://rajah.com/node/46442

Sting slams his baseball bat onto the stick part of HHH's sledgehammer, breaking it in half. HHH looks scared now as he's weaponless. Sting drops his bat and goes after HHH, firing away at him with punches in the corner. Sting does his chest-beatnig caveman thing again and then flies into the corner, blasting HHH with a Stinger Splash. He yells at him to get up. He goes for another Stinger Splash, but this time Sting runs right into a shot from the head of the sledgehammer, which HHH picked up and vlasted Sting with. 1-2-3. Sting wins. So, it's pretty likely Sting is going to do at least one more match. What an awesome spectacle here at WrestleMania 31. "And the right side won again," says JBL as HHH's music plays and D-X stands with him in the ring, while nWo tends to the fallen Stinger.

Spot the massive gaffe.

The_Mike
March 31st, 2015, 9:51 PM
I think they were writing that live, it's just a typo.

turdpower
April 3rd, 2015, 4:06 PM
Vlasted is a typo.

Sting winning is not.

The_Mike
April 3rd, 2015, 6:13 PM
You're being pedantic. It's just someone typing too fast and making a mistake by writing the wrong word out of several he's just written a dozen times in a paragraph. It's not as if the front page announced the death of Obama when they meant Osama.

turdpower
April 3rd, 2015, 6:49 PM
Of course I am - everything else on the news website is copied and pasted from somewhere else. The one opportunity the website gets to shine is this and they've fucked it up.

Like not even gone back and corrected - it's still like this now. Shit.

The_Mike
April 3rd, 2015, 6:51 PM
I don't think it's a big deal that they made a mistake typing as fast as they could during a live broadcast but, yeah, the fact that it is still wrong is sheer laziness.

virms
April 4th, 2015, 9:58 PM
I didn't watch mania. I thought sting won? Are you telling me they ruined his legacy?

Romford Pele
April 9th, 2015, 8:28 AM
Fucking hell turdy, are you taking this just a bit too seriously?

Simon
April 9th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Clearly just a typo. Weird that it hasn't been edited since, but completely understandable how it occurred in the first place. Calm down turdpower.

turdpower
April 9th, 2015, 4:15 PM
Fucking shit.

You calm down.

Mills
April 9th, 2015, 7:56 PM
So, how about the main page saying that JR worked with Lucha Underground then when you read the article it says he didn't, that's just stupid

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 10th, 2015, 12:56 PM
http://rajah.com/node/46621

...just... jesus... That must be a joke. Really. Thanks for the report and all, but.. ya know... get out more.

Judas Iscariot
April 11th, 2015, 5:20 AM
:lol: That's fucking amazing. More reviews need to be like that.

"Seeing Sheamus and Balor in the same ring, two heroes for us, was when the tears really started coming. It's moments like this that wrestling is still real to us. "Amhrán na bhFiann" was playing in my head for the remainder of the show."

Every other match getting "This one beat that one" and then going on about a Summer Rae promo.

Fantastic.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 11th, 2015, 7:16 AM
It was submitted by the Irish version of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

JP
April 11th, 2015, 8:02 AM
:lol:

Jesus fucking Christ.

The Rogerer
April 12th, 2015, 1:12 PM
That's consistent with every dublin audience I have been a part of. Put Becky Lynch in the main event ffs.

Peter Griffin
April 18th, 2015, 12:51 PM
http://rajah.com/node/46755

Injured WWE Diva Layla returned to in-ring action at the WWE live event in Dortmund, Germany on Friday night, working a six-Divas tag-team match.

Layla teamed up with Emma and Natalya to defeat the team of Cameron, Tamina Snuka and Rosa Mendes.

Below is a photo of Layla at the event last night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC4W8L_WMAAzjPC.jpg

THATS A PIC FROM MAIN EVENT YOU DUMB FUCKS!

virms
April 18th, 2015, 5:31 PM
No it isn't. I put the logo on the bottom right hand side just to mess with you.

Peter Griffin
April 18th, 2015, 5:47 PM
Did you also put the Smackdown/Main event set and Union Jack in the background?

virms
April 18th, 2015, 5:50 PM
I am the fucking bomb with photoshop.

Peter Griffin
April 18th, 2015, 5:55 PM
Ok, tell me this, did you also plant in my mind a memory of watching MAIN EVENT and Layla being on it? :shifty:

virms
April 18th, 2015, 6:21 PM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/v2s129.jpg

I was honestly offended by the sign so I blurred it out for your safety.

Peter Griffin
April 18th, 2015, 6:33 PM
Ha ha you are a fucking asshole! :lol:

turdpower
April 20th, 2015, 5:16 PM
http://rajah.com/node/46762

Do they not just do a quick proof read? I mean even if it is copy and pasted.

The_Mike
April 20th, 2015, 7:11 PM
Nope, they don't.

virms
April 21st, 2015, 12:44 AM
Would have been much better if this was the article

Jim Ross recently updated the Q&A section of his official website, JRsBarBQ.com (http://www.jrsbarbq.com) to answer questions from fans on a variety of subjects. Below are some highlights.

On the "Kiss My Arse" match at Extreme Rules: "I don't know the rules but it fits the 'extreme' theme one has to think."

On WWE dropping first-names of NXT stars when they get called up: "I don't know the rules but it fits the 'extreme' theme one has to think."

On possibly doing a "shoot interview" with Jim Cornette: "I don't know the rules but it fits the 'extreme' theme one has to think."

On possibly doing some announcing for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) again: "I don't know the rules but it fits the 'extreme' theme one has to think."

To read more questions and answers from the WWE Hall Of Famer, visit his official website at JRsBarBQ.com (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa). You can also order JR's Bar-B-Q products online, which I've tried personally and would highly recommend (especially the beef jerky), visit WWEShop.com (http://shop.wwe.com/JR%27s-BBQ/shop-wwe-products-jrsbbq,default,sc.html).

Peter Griffin
April 21st, 2015, 2:11 AM
The top article is on about how Jericho's next network guest will be Steph, and it will be interesting to see the dynamic after Jericho recieved criticism for towing the company line in his interview with TRIPLE H. Seriously Rajah sort your shit out.

The Rogerer
April 21st, 2015, 9:14 AM
I don't know the rules but it fits the 'extreme' theme one has to think.

Peter Griffin
March 17th, 2016, 8:17 PM
Alicia Fox on Her Longevity In WWE, Friendship with The Bella Twins & More
Submitted by Michael Bluth on March 17, 2016 - 10:29am
Posted In:

News - Wrestling

Alicia Fox On Her Friendship With The Bella's, Her Longevity In WWE & More
Submitted by Matt Boone on March 16, 2016 - 4:43pm
Posted In:

News - Wrestling

The exact same story with headline rearranged :banghead:

The Rogerer
March 18th, 2016, 7:34 AM
eee it's like banging your head against a bleeding brick wall this place

Peter Griffin
March 18th, 2016, 8:09 AM
You caught the subtle subtext then?

virms
March 18th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Pretty sure the double posting of "news" has happened way more than this one time.

Peter Griffin
March 19th, 2016, 4:42 AM
Oh yeh, But it's just the laziness of it. If they don't see one anothers post then fine, But the fact that they just rearrange a couple of words, I dunno, It's just kinda pathetic.

Rajah
May 22nd, 2016, 4:19 AM
Alicia Fox on Her Longevity In WWE, Friendship with The Bella Twins & More
Submitted by Michael Bluth on March 17, 2016 - 10:29am
Posted In:

News - Wrestling

Alicia Fox On Her Friendship With The Bella's, Her Longevity In WWE & More
Submitted by Matt Boone on March 16, 2016 - 4:43pm
Posted In:

News - Wrestling

The exact same story with headline rearranged :banghead:

That's brutal. Those guys are affiliated/partners/whatever, but still ridiculous. Wish I would have seen that back in March, I should set up a hotline straight to my cell to report this shit, and I'm half-serious about that.

JP
May 22nd, 2016, 5:55 AM
Peter Griffin - The Change We Need

PG4MOD

The Rosk
May 22nd, 2016, 6:48 AM
Rajah - would you be interested in doing an Asylum Radio interview over Skype?

All proceeds go to charity.

Peter Griffin
May 22nd, 2016, 6:57 AM
Peter Griffin - The Change We Need

PG4MOD

Well if Andy can make mod then anyone can tbf.

Peter Griffin
November 20th, 2016, 9:07 PM
So now we have play by play headlines for every segment and match at ppvs? Come the fuck on Rajah.

Cewsh
November 21st, 2016, 1:45 PM
Almost like detailed coverage of a major wrestling event is exactly what a surge of viewers come here to read the morning after said event.

Peter Griffin
November 21st, 2016, 1:51 PM
Yeh, piss off with your smart ass comments, they can read the results here http://rajah.com/node/54114 , or if they are following live there is a full live blog, There is no need for a separate link to every match and a cajillion video links as well, and you know that.It's click bait to line the sites pockets nothing more.

Cewsh
November 21st, 2016, 1:53 PM
Yeah, of course it is. That's exactly what it is. This site is not a charity. Just don't click on them.

A big event with a controversial moment happens. Our traffic gets driven up by people wanting to know more about it. We post a bunch of articles shedding light on some details about the event because that's exactly what there is a demand for, and it's done in several smaller articles to drive up views to make money so Rajah can afford the exorbitant server fees.

Meanwhile, pissants like you whine because the internet is not organized in a way that pleases you, the people who make the decisions ignore your futile protests, and the world keeps turning.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
November 21st, 2016, 2:08 PM
and the world keeps turning.

Twirling, twirling, twirling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyaJ8eR9tzw

Peter Griffin
November 21st, 2016, 2:14 PM
Yeah, of course it is. That's exactly what it is. This site is not a charity. Just don't click on them.

A big event with a controversial moment happens. Our traffic gets driven up by people wanting to know more about it. We post a bunch of articles shedding light on some details about the event because that's exactly what there is a demand for, and it's done in several smaller articles to drive up views to make money so Rajah can afford the exorbitant server fees.

Meanwhile, pissants like you whine because the internet is not organized in a way that pleases you, the people who make the decisions ignore your futile protests, and the world keeps turning.

This is the complaint about the fucking front page thread you fucking dolt, if you don't like the way I organise my thoughts (you pissant) then take a fucking hike mike! Maybe just put me on ignore seeing as you don't like someone offending 'your' shite circa 2004 has been wrestling news site.

Peter Griffin
November 21st, 2016, 2:14 PM
Also get this, you don't have to click on a link to see them all on a page you div.

Cewsh
November 21st, 2016, 2:18 PM
This is the complaint about the fucking front page thread you fucking dolt, if you don't like the way I organise my thoughts (you pissant) then take a fucking hike mike! Maybe just put me on ignore seeing as you don't like someone offending 'your' shite circa 2004 has been wrestling news site.

Also get this, you don't have to click on a link to see them all on a page you div.

When you complain into the abyss, the abyss complains about you.

Peter Griffin
November 21st, 2016, 2:20 PM
Tara chuck.

MikeHunt
November 21st, 2016, 4:26 PM

yourang???

Peter Griffin
November 21st, 2016, 5:08 PM
I just called to say I love you!

Peter Griffin
September 4th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I would just like to say I already prefer Rajah's kid as a columnist to Canton :yes: