PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Hatred

_me
July 18th, 2014, 2:44 PM
I accidentally hijacked the Transfer thread by asking a question so I thought I would start a new thread so people can discuss it if they want.

There was one poster who was certain that Adam Lallana is overrated and was an overpriced transfer for Liverpool. While most agree that the fee was excessive, no one seemed to agree that Lallana was overrated or not a good player. It seemed that the poster had a personal issue with Lallana, which lead me to my question:

Are there any players who you have an irrational hatred of?

I am not talking about Suarez and biting or Cattermole and stiff tackles or Ashley Young and diving. I am more talking they have a funny haircut or made stupid faces… Maybe the press loves them and will never talk bad… Maybe they refused your team on a transfer… Or dated someone famous… Whatever as long as it is not b/c of on the field actions. I don't have footballers like that but I have American athletes for sure.

Simon then mentioned teams, which is another issue. Here is America it is the Yankees and Cowboys and Lakers that TV networks obsess over which leads to many fans hating them. Over there, it seems to be Liverpool with a little Man U. So discounting local derbies,

Are there any team who you have an irrational hatred of?

Someone else mentioned holding a grudge b/c Southhampton beat them in Football Manager. I really liked that b/c I still dislike NC State University (American college football) for winning a video game against my team almost 10 years ago and ruining my perfect season.

Andy
July 18th, 2014, 2:51 PM
Leory Fer annoys me and I don't know why.

MikeHunt
July 18th, 2014, 3:07 PM
Celtic, falkirk, Liverpool and aberdeen.

Darkoke
July 18th, 2014, 3:16 PM
You can't have Celtic and Aberdeen as irrational! There's reason behind them as far as your concerned.