PDA

View Full Version : Another TNA shitshow

Defrost
July 16th, 2014, 6:33 PM
From the Observer

The basic gist of how the Seiya Sanada vs. Great Muta finish and title situation went down was this. Wrestle-1 was booking Sanada vs. Muta for the X title, with Sanada retaining. TNA had originally told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend. TNA felt that as long as they didn’t acknowledge Austin Aries’ win over Sanada until after Sumo Hall, there would be no issue, since they have former champions defend titles at house shows all the time before the title change airs and nobody in the crowd says anything. But that showed a total lack of understanding of the Japanese wrestling culture. A lot of fans called the Wrestle-1 office and the TV station saying that they were false advertising Sanada as champion and that he’d already lost the title in the U.S. to Aries. It was significant enough that Wrestle-1 felt they had to announce that Sanada had lost the title. TNA was mad because they didn’t want their partner acknowledging the title change, but Wrestle-1 had no choice. The decision to put Muta over, which changed, was because Sanada will be in TNA for another year. Muta was going to put Sanada over to get over the importance of him as X champion, but felt that if Sanada was in the U.S. for another year, it was too early for him to get his big win. So the result was changed.

Version 6
July 16th, 2014, 6:37 PM
This is what happens when you run a wrestling promotion like its 1994, in 2014.

StoneColdWWE316
July 16th, 2014, 6:45 PM
Add another thing to the LOLTNA page.

Hero!
July 16th, 2014, 6:59 PM
The worst part about all of this is that the X title is currently vacant anyway. Muta vs Sanada should have just been for the vacant belt. TNA literally had Sanada drop it to Aries just so he could cash it in...really making the belt even more worthless.

StoneColdWWE316
July 16th, 2014, 7:02 PM
The X-Division Title hasn't meant anything in the last couple years.

TNA only seems to care about it now when they realize its Destination X coming up. They think oh shit its July we gotta try and make the Belt mean something again for the next month. Then after that its back to the back burner.

Hero!
July 16th, 2014, 7:04 PM
oh wait up, Joe is champ. Why the fuck didn't they just give it back to Sanada after Aries cashed in? Wtf TNA?

Peter Griffin
July 16th, 2014, 8:16 PM
Dont sweat it lads, tomorrow we usher in a new era.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BstDeWgIcAAqwHn.jpg:large

DDT
July 16th, 2014, 8:51 PM
I know it's asking a lot for this company to do anything right, but is there ANYTHING this company can't do wrong?!

Defrost
July 16th, 2014, 9:18 PM
I know it's asking a lot for this company to do anything right, but is there ANYTHING this company can't do wrong?!

Well on that front also from the Observer

Even though everyone denied it, particularly Vince Russo to everyone who asked him for months, Russo is still working for TNA and has been for a long time, since months before it came out here. Russo accidentally CC’d Mike Johnson of the PWInsider web site into an e-mail with instructions to Mike Tenay and Taz, who were in Nashville this week doing a couple of weeks of voice overs of the New York shows, with instructions on what do to and how to handle certain situations. At first Russo went on Twitter in response saying, “Wow–just amazing to see that anybody will print anything as TRUTH without checking into it. Nice to see the SWERVE still works!!!” He then wrote, “Since an unreliable website has brought me so much free promotion–feel free to check out my web site.” Then he wrote to Johnson, “Would you thank Dave (Scherer, Johnson’s partner on the web site) for me for all the free promotion. If I knew it was going to be this easy, would have done long time ago!” Johnson wrote that the e-mail was legit, he checked into it and it was not an attempted swerve by Russo. Johnson wrote that he could publish the e-mail, and Russo was the one lying about the story. When Russo claimed it was a swerve on Johnson, he wrote, “Swerve? He’s not that creative. More like trying to spin things. The countdown begins Vince. It’s all on you now.” Russo eventually apologized to Johnson and wrote: “Recently, I accidentally sent an e-mail to a third party that was not meant for their eyes. The e-mail concerned my current involvement in TNA Wrestling. TNA rendered my services as a consultant to work with their announcing team of Mike Tenay and Taz. The condition from their side was that I kept it confidential between the two parties. As their employee, it was up to me to honor their wishes, so that’s what I intended to do. My integrity means everything to me, so I just hope you can understand and forgive.” Russo had been involved with creative long before he was working with the announce team. Months ago, their Japanese partners were upset and asked about Russo being involved and were at first never given a straight answer. However, John Gaburick later admitted to Keiji Muto that Russo was working there, but assured him that Russo was working underneath him, didn’t have final say, and that he would be the one deciding on how the Japanese were portrayed and that what happened with Tetsuya Naito, Yujiro Takahashi and Kazuchika Okada would not happen with the Wrestle-1 talent. Wrestle-1 has been happy with how Seiya Sanada has been used.

Hero!
July 16th, 2014, 9:30 PM
Ahahah this is amazing. Dixie is gonna end up with a piss soaked knife to the gut if she keeps pissing off the W-1 people.

JRSlim21
July 16th, 2014, 9:36 PM
Here's the thing. I don't think there's anything wrong with having Russo on your creative team. He's a case of great talent to have on your team, but not the superstar to lead it a championship. I'll say this. This latest reboot, for lack of a better term, seems to have some promise and even more so than recent attempts.

As far as the Sanada/Mutoh thing.... It looks like it's still going to happen at BFG. I say Mutoh puts him over now that Sanada is establishing himself as a HEEL CHARACTER. I put that in caps because he was just there. His gimmick was being a Japanese wrestler with no reason to cheer or boo him. That's essentially what's the deal with Tigre Uno as well

Nash Diesel
July 17th, 2014, 9:43 AM
Has Sanada feuded with a single TNA wrestler since he's been there? He hasn't really beaten anyone worth mentioning either that I can think of. If they really wanted to establish him as a premier Japanese talent he should've beaten everyone clean that would be considered "X Division"....But it just seems like A-he's not really there and B-like JR said, he's simply there as a japanese wrestler, nothing more, nothing less. He's the 2nd "protege" of Muta that they've had in TNA that really didn't amount to shit.

Hero!
July 17th, 2014, 9:51 AM
Because TNA is refusing to do anything with him. They slapped the x belt on him, had him feud with Tigre Uno, and then he disappeared until they needed him to lose to Aries. It's retarded. Part of the deal with W-1 is to establish their guys in the US (to the degree that TNA can provide). You think Muto & his backers wanna spend so much money helping TNA just because they're nice? Hell no, they see Sanada as their investment and TNA is hurting their investment. Not good.

Peter Griffin
July 17th, 2014, 9:53 AM
The best bit about all of this is JJ brokered the whole deal then he got pushed to the curb.

McBain
July 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Wow. What a bunch of asshats.

StoneColdWWE316
July 17th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Because TNA is refusing to do anything with him. They slapped the x belt on him, had him feud with Tigre Uno, and then he disappeared until they needed him to lose to Aries. It's retarded. Part of the deal with W-1 is to establish their guys in the US (to the degree that TNA can provide). You think Muto & his backers wanna spend so much money helping TNA just because they're nice? Hell no, they see Sanada as their investment and TNA is hurting their investment. Not good.

If TNA really wanted to get him over they should have had him be the one to cash in the X-Division Title and challenge for the World Title. But nope they gotta play hot potato again with it and not take advantage of Sanada being over here while possibly getting some early buzz for BFG.

Nash Diesel
July 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I agree. What is Aries even doing in the X Division? Is he like TNA's version of Chris Jericho where they would have him bounce between holding the IC and World title? It's no wonder people like Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, it's no wonder they have no issues saying if they could, they would jump to the WWE in a heartbeat.

Hero!
July 17th, 2014, 1:46 PM
Aries isn't even in the division. 2 years in a row he won it to cash it in. The title is literally just a worthless belt, valuable MITB contract.

Nash Diesel
July 17th, 2014, 2:03 PM
Technically it wasn't 2 years in a row, Sabin was the one who cashed it in last year, but yeah, it had the potential a few times to get back to where it was considered on par if not more important than the World title and yeah, TNA booking=dumbest booking team in years.

Hero!
July 17th, 2014, 2:24 PM
He won it last year TO cash it in. No other reason, just to cash it in. He didn't accomplish his goal, but that was his intent when winning the belt. It's a straight up slap in the face to the X-division guys. Why should they want the title when every year, come Destination X, some heavyweight division asshole is just gonna steal the belt from them to cash it in.

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 3:37 PM
I agree. What is Aries even doing in the X Division? Is he like TNA's version of Chris Jericho where they would have him bounce between holding the IC and World title? It's no wonder people like Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, it's no wonder they have no issues saying if they could, they would jump to the WWE in a heartbeat.
That's not the fucking reason they would jump. Wwe is the big show for fucks sake and the big money they hardly give a Fuck about Aries.

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 3:39 PM
He won it last year TO cash it in. No other reason, just to cash it in. He didn't accomplish his goal, but that was his intent when winning the belt. It's a straight up slap in the face to the X-division guys. Why should they want the title when every year, come Destination X, some heavyweight division asshole is just gonna steal the belt from them to cash it in.

it's the world title of course he would want to win for a guaranteed shot. Rather than it being time based I would rather it was after a certain number of defenses

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 3:42 PM
If TNA really wanted to get him over they should have had him be the one to cash in the X-Division Title and challenge for the World Title. But nope they gotta play hot potato again with it and not take advantage of Sanada being over here while possibly getting some early buzz for BFG.
But how many people would have cared? Really?

People would rather see Aries. They are trying to scrape around for matches people want to see now to keep the tv deal hence hardy getting a shot after all the willow stuff

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 3:57 PM
But how many people would have cared? Really?

People would rather see Aries. They are trying to scrape around for matches people want to see now to keep the tv deal hence hardy getting a shot after all the willow stuff

and even more why push him more than their own star? I mean they continually do stupid shit but pushing their own stars rather than a talented but very very young wrestler. I mean why give him a title shot now?

Smacks of complaining for the sake of it

Matthew
July 17th, 2014, 6:07 PM
wouldn't be the first time

StoneColdWWE316
July 18th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I am not complaining. All I am saying is if they wanted to get Sanada over a little bit have him keep the X-Division Title and challenge the World Champion.

The whole Option C thing has killed the Division because it just makes the Title a hot potato.

Cewsh
July 18th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Firing all the talent didn't help the division either.

Nash Diesel
July 18th, 2014, 1:38 PM
I am not complaining. All I am saying is if they wanted to get Sanada over a little bit have him keep the X-Division Title and challenge the World Champion.

The whole Option C thing has killed the Division because it just makes the Title a hot potato.

The first time they used Option C was perfect. Aries had been champion for a long time, had accomplished so much, and it was a fresh concept that had a MITB vibe but not as resembling as their feast or fired gimmick match. With Sabin, it was one of those situations where had they not thrown him back into the X division a few weeks after losing the World title it would've been good for his career and I think for TNA. Winning that belt was a feel good moment similar to EY winning the title.

Now, this year, Idk, I wouldn't say Option C has killed the division, that's on TNA and the wrestlers who left for whatever reason. I wish they could've been able to strike long term deals with some classic X division guys like Petey Williams, Sonjay wasn't too bad, Homicide would be cool as well. Right now they have a handful of guys who COULD be something, but TNA chooses to book the X division worse than the WWE booked the US title when Ambrose had it. Poor Sanada, had he been given some feuds aside from his best of series with Tigre, who's also a non-factor these days, all parties involved would've been gold.

What I would've done with Sanada at this stage would be to have him cash in the Option C, and then James Storm cost him the match, or Muta accidentally costs him the match against Lashley setting up the heel turn from Sanada and the big match between him and his mentor at BFG. I'm still wondering exactly WHY James Storm has been on Sanada's ass these last couple weeks so maybe we'll get more details as time goes by.....Just seems like a weird pairing.

son_of_foley
July 18th, 2014, 1:39 PM
I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with having it as somewhat of a feeder title. I think the issue is they arent consistent enough in their approach and the division itself fluctuates so much that you never know whats happening.

Is there really any prestige left in non-world titles anymore? Or title matches at that level?

Nash Diesel
July 18th, 2014, 1:49 PM
I agree. It's the way the titles are booked not necessarily who has them that has affected the way people look at any belt other than the World title. And even with the World title, if it's not a compelling storyline or someone the fans want to see hold the belt, or a good heel with the belt that isn't watered down, nobody gives a shit. Look at the WWE. John Cena and Randy Orton still winning World titles and having shit storylines to go with them=nobody gives a fuck like they should. That's why I hope Lashley has a decent run with the belt, because I don't want people to go "Ok Lashley is champion....big fucking deal" lol. So yeah I'd def agree that titles in general have lost their appeal over the years but that's mainly due to how they're booked.

Defrost
July 18th, 2014, 3:25 PM
Is there really any prestige left in non-world titles anymore? Or title matches at that level?

In TNA or anywhere in the world? Because the IWGP Intercontinental title main events PPVs for NJPW. I don't pay as much attention as I used to but for awhile in AAA the Latin American title was ahead of the World Title.

OD50
July 18th, 2014, 6:34 PM
The New Japan IC title being so prestigious in the year 2014 is pretty cool, kind of like the WWF IC title in the 80's.

The X Division title was probably more prestigious than the TNA title for a couple of years there in TNA. When Joe/Daniels/Styles had their series of barn burners I guess.

Hero!
July 18th, 2014, 7:00 PM
We've mentioned it on the podcast before, but New Japan is the only company who knows what the fuck to do with titles. World, IC, Jr, 2 sets of tag belts, even the NEVER title has a damn good history in its short existence. It's just baffling that no one else can figure out the formula for making it work.

OD50
July 18th, 2014, 7:26 PM
Some actual feuds/story lines over the secondary titles would be nice for starters. What's the last proper feud over the IC title for example? Big Show/Cody Rhodes 2-3 years ago?

Remember Santana/Valentine, Savage/Steamboat, Savage/Honky Tonk, Warrior/Rude, Razor/HBK over the WWF IC title? Magnum TA/Tully Blanchard or Chris Benoit/Booker T over the NWA/WCW TV title? Nikita Koloff/Magnum TA or Ricky Steamboat/Steve Austin for the WCW US title? So much great stuff over the years.

Hero!
July 18th, 2014, 7:33 PM
Show/Cody and Rey/Jericho are the only two that come to mind and both were AWESOME. What about the US Title. Ziggler/Ryder is the only recent one I can remember and that was more about Ryder anyway.

StoneColdWWE316
July 18th, 2014, 7:37 PM
Maybe its just me but I think WWE is at least trying to re-establish the IC Title and somewhat the US Title as well. They have been defended a lot more in the last few months more so than they were a year ago.

OD50
July 18th, 2014, 7:40 PM
Defending the titles is fine and all, but we need actual feuds centered around those titles as well. They mentioned on Main Event that Sheamus could possibly unify the US and IC titles at Battleground, interesting that they mentioned that. :chin:

Hero!
July 18th, 2014, 7:42 PM
We need a best of 7 series. Sheamus vs Barrett when he comes back. Just imagine it.

OD50
July 18th, 2014, 7:45 PM
Like Magnum TA/Nikita Koloff, Booker T/Chris Benoit and uh, John Cena/Booker T. The first two were really cool though.

Sheamus and BNB pounding each other is always good fun.

Nash Diesel
July 18th, 2014, 9:49 PM
I think that TNA had a huge chance at re establishing the x division title with Sanada because he brought a different vibe. They couldve built it around him as the silent champion who fought all comers, put him in a couple feuds with Sabin, Kenny King, maybe bring in a jealous heel from Wrestle 1 and do a few matches.

The deal with Storm is interesting.

Kind of a rocky start but you never know how it could evolve.

The Rogerer
July 19th, 2014, 4:08 AM
We need a best of 7 series. Sheamus vs Barrett when he comes back. Just imagine it.

The mega shoulders explode

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 2:59 PM
Has anyone read this?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-impact/2014/7/20/5920175/spike-tv-hates-vince-russo-tna

This just makes me despise Vince Russo even more.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 3:07 PM
why?

TNA hired him to do a job. you despise him more because the company decided to hire him and hide it?

what?

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 3:29 PM
This part is what disgusts me-

but the truth exploded in hilarious fashion when Russo accidentally emailed PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson announcing instructions meant for Mike Tenay. Initially, Russo pretended that the email was a hoax designed to prove that the dirt sheets would print anything without checking into it first, but was forced to publicly come clean about his TNA status when Johnson threatened to publish the email if he did not.

Cewsh
July 21st, 2014, 3:31 PM
He said it was written into his contract that he had to keep it a secret, so of course he lied about it.

The Rogerer
July 21st, 2014, 3:32 PM
why?

TNA hired him to do a job. you despise him more because the company decided to hire him and hide it?

what?For fucks sake Matthew, get a hold of yourself.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 3:38 PM
This part is what disgusts me-

but the truth exploded in hilarious fashion when Russo accidentally emailed PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson announcing instructions meant for Mike Tenay. Initially, Russo pretended that the email was a hoax designed to prove that the dirt sheets would print anything without checking into it first, but was forced to publicly come clean about his TNA status when Johnson threatened to publish the email if he did not.
...because the company told him to keep things on the down low? please. i am confused by your logic here.

For fucks sake Matthew, get a hold of yourself.i just lose so much control

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 3:42 PM
No because he tried to pretend the email was a hoax and make the dirtsheets look stupid by saying they print every news tidbit without checking into stuff first.

If he had kept quiet about his involvement with being back with TNA and not done that like he said he would it probably wouldn't have gotten out.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 3:44 PM
I would say hate on TNA for this bullshit not Russo. He obviously wants to still be part of the wrestling industry and TNA are dumb enough to want to risk partnerships with other promotions and t.v. deals to keep him involved. There's a reason they told him not to say anything, and it was his own human error that probably has put TNA in a fucked up situation. Only time will tell though, considering nobody knows why Spike TV hates him, I'll take any negativity about this particular article with a grain of salt. Wrestle-1, that's a different story, but I'd be more worried about Spike TV than a Jersey All Pro level Japanese promotion relying on a dude that is the equivalent of still seeing Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan wrestle in the main event.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 3:45 PM
No because he tried to pretend the email was a hoax and make the dirtsheets look stupid by saying they print every news tidbit without checking into stuff first.

If he had kept quiet about his involvement with being back with TNA and not done that like he said he would it probably wouldn't have gotten out.he mistakenly sent an email and tried to hide it, as that is what tna wanted.

you despise him because he made a mistake sending an email?

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 3:49 PM
No I despise him because he is nothing but a scumbag and I believe nothing that he says.

Maybe TNA should take some of the blame as well because they brought him back. Mainly because like Nash said they are that dumb enough to bring back a guy that apparently Spike doesn't like while they are trying to get a New TV Deal.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 3:51 PM
No I despise him because he is nothing but a scumbag and I believe nothing that he says.
tna wanted him to lie.

you are not making sense.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 3:53 PM
How do you know that? Where are u getting that from?

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 3:55 PM
How do you know that? Where are u getting that from?

He said it was written into his contract that he had to keep it a secret, so of course he lied about it.
...and given the reported feelings towards him, it is entirely believable.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 4:02 PM
Well, Russo did say that it is in his contract that he wasn't allowed to say he worked for TNA. Which is weird lol. There were obviously reasons for that, whether it was to avoid pissing off Spike, Wrestle-1, THE FANS, and it just shows how fucking stupid Dixie Carter is. He's not that good, he was 15 years ago with Vince McMahon and that particular group of wrestlers and team in general, but he let the business consume him and he wanted to be the next Mr. McMahon. Anyone who watched the dying days of WCW and the first couple years of TNA could tell you this guy let the boom of the Attitude Era get to his head. When you have crowds chanting "Fire Russo" there's definitely something wrong. And then to have Dixie lie about shit that involved him and then have Russo lie about his employment, that's just stupid.

People thought Eric Bischoff was too much of a mark to run WCW, but Dixie takes the cake. "Hey ya'll, I heard this Russo guy was the reason the WWF was so hot back in 1998, and Jeff Jarrett says he's wonderful because of how well he booked WCW when Double J was there winning 47 World titles....LETS HIRE THIS GUY YA'LL!!" Fuckin shoot me in the dick.

PS-The six sides with the blue ropes looks dumb as fuck and if TNA didn't have any more reason to show us 47 camera angles in a 2 minute match, there you go.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 4:02 PM
All I am saying it just makes him look even more like a scumbag because he's taking shots at Wrestling News sites not doing check ups on stuff before they are reported. I don't believe everything I read but because its Russo I can believe it. Dixie who should take most of the blame for constantly bringing him back time and again as well. She's too much of a mark to run a Wrestling promotion with National TV exposure and some PPV and I agree is worse than Bischoff was running WCW. At least he had some kind of plan despite throwing money at guys and giving them free reign in the Company. It just astounds me that TNA is this stupid and careless with how they run their business.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 4:04 PM
Yeah Russo trying to cover his own ass the way he did was ballsy and it blew up in his face finally. But he was a man about it and honestly what does he have to lose? Nothing. I'm sure financially he's set, I guess TNA COULD come at him for violating his contract but it still makes TNA look the worst out of everyone.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 4:06 PM
All I am saying it just makes him look even more like a scumbag because he's taking shots at Wrestling News sites not doing check ups on stuff before they are reported. I don't believe everything I read but because its Russo I can believe it.how else would he have explained the email, given his employer told him to not talk about working for them? many performers and the like take 'shots' like that at wrestling news sites all the time. you despise him more because he said that some of the dirtsheet bits are unreliable? sure he was covering his ass over a mistake, but it doesn't mean it isn't true.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 4:11 PM
Yeah Russo trying to cover his own ass the way he did was ballsy and it blew up in his face finally. But he was a man about it and honestly what does he have to lose? Nothing. I'm sure financially he's set, I guess TNA COULD come at him for violating his contract but it still makes TNA look the worst out of everyone.

Yeah he admitted but after the fact that the story broke. Then he tried to shift the blame to Mike Johnson of PWInsider for not doing a check up on the story.

Matthew
July 21st, 2014, 4:12 PM
...because he was told to hide it by his employer.

why do you keep missing this point?

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 4:13 PM
how else would he have explained the email, given his employer told him to not talk about working for them? many performers and the like take 'shots' like that at wrestling news sites all the time. you despise him more because he said that some of the dirtsheet bits are unreliable? sure he was covering his ass over a mistake, but it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I also said that Dixie should take most of the blame here. That still doesn't excuse what he did though.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 4:15 PM
It kind of reminded me of when Ken Anderson shit on Superstar Billy Graham for steroid use, then failed a piss test a couple days later for steroids. On one hand you can't fault Russo, but these dirt sheet motherfuckers have had such a shit reputation for 30+ years that they're goign to take anything they can get to make themselves appear credible.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 4:17 PM
Haha I think I remember that when he blasted Graham and then was suspended. Wasn't that during the 2007 suspensions?

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 4:19 PM
Yeah, such an idiot.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 4:21 PM
Killed his push in WWE thats for sure.

Donald
July 21st, 2014, 7:10 PM
If TNA loses their Spike deal, do you think it's the end of TNA?

Defrost
July 21st, 2014, 8:02 PM
Yes

JRSlim21
July 21st, 2014, 8:13 PM
Who else is there that wants pro wrestling on the level of Spike TV? If only by default ROH is #3 and they have their televised coverage, I can't imagine there's a deal out there that wouldn't make TNA have to make cut backs even more.

Cewsh
July 21st, 2014, 8:13 PM
Yes

Hero!
July 21st, 2014, 8:19 PM
Between their spike deal dying and their w-1 alliance presumably failing, TNA will not make it another year, no way.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 9:37 PM
They would find a deal. They bring consistent ratings and would be good for a channel that maybe lacks that in their programming. Or a channel that wants a show that will always have a consistent fanbase. Wrestle 1 imo is irrelevant right now, from what Ive gathered theyre not a top promotion at all, they were relying on TNA to make Sanada a star in Japan......by wrestling the same 3 people for months and having a boring ass title run. If they lost the Spike deal itd be a tough blow but they would survive.

Hero!
July 21st, 2014, 9:47 PM
WCW went out of business because they lost their TV deal after the Time Warner buyout. TNA is nowhere near WCW's level. They can not survive without a TV deal.

Wrestle-1 isn't a top promotion in Japan, but they have a better chance of survival than TNA does and it's their money that's covering BFG. If TNA continues to cross Muta, you can believe that BFG will be a shitshow.

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2014, 9:56 PM
I dont see this as the same situation as what went down with WCW 14 years ago. There were various factors, one of them was the loss of their spot on TNT as it pertained to Bischoff buying it.

Like I said, if a promotion is relying on TNA to create their top stars then theres something wrong lol.

Hero!
July 21st, 2014, 10:04 PM
They're not, though. They're using TNA, an ally, to help establish Sanada, a Jr heavyweight wrestler of theirs. Muto is a god in Japanese wrestling and has enough star power of his own already. Wrestle-1 were using TNA as "we scratch your back, you scratch ours" deal. They don't need TNA, it's just good to give a guy a little American exposure if possible.

Hell, Muto was going to put TNA's title over for them, but they screwed the pooch on that.

DDT
July 21st, 2014, 10:54 PM
Like I said, if a promotion is relying on TNA to create their top stars then theres something wrong lol.

It's what Japan does; they send promising talent over-seas (usually to companies with some kind of TV deal) with the idea of facilitating good relations and helping the talent grow. It's helped in the development some of Japan's biggest stars, including Keiji Mutoh himself. It was less Wrestle-1 begging TNA to create Sanada and more a gesture of good-faith and willingness to forgive and forget to a company with a dubious history. A gesture that TNA promptly squandered by being the fabulous dick-heads they are.

Having said all that, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Mutoh; he knew what he was getting in bed with, or he's a complete imbecile.

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2014, 11:47 PM
If TNA loses their Spike deal, do you think it's the end of TNA?

Yes. If they don't sign a new deal I don't know who would pick them up and it probably would be the end of TNA.

I know it won't happen but id love to see ROH on Spike.

OD50
July 22nd, 2014, 7:00 AM
How about GWF on Spike?

chatty
July 22nd, 2014, 7:51 AM
Jumping in on the X-Division cash in stipulation.

It could be a good idea if executed properly. You would think the whole point of the stipulation is to elevate someone and make them look great so do just that. Its easy as fuck, basically you pick your guy, put the belt on him a few months prior, have the established names go after him because he has the belt and the potential contract for the TNA belt, he beats them off and cashes in.

So beats a load of established stars and relinquishes the belt. Doesn't matter if he wins the main title or not as they can have a good match and he's already shown he can hang up there.

Pick your next un-established star and rinse and repeat. Bit to sensible for TNA though tbh.

Nash Diesel
July 22nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
It's what Japan does; they send promising talent over-seas (usually to companies with some kind of TV deal) with the idea of facilitating good relations and helping the talent grow. It's helped in the development some of Japan's biggest stars, including Keiji Mutoh himself. It was less Wrestle-1 begging TNA to create Sanada and more a gesture of good-faith and willingness to forgive and forget to a company with a dubious history. A gesture that TNA promptly squandered by being the fabulous dick-heads they are.

Having said all that, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Mutoh; he knew what he was getting in bed with, or he's a complete imbecile.

That last part is what I'm saying, regardless of how it was done or is done with other promotions, when it comes to TNA, check their track record with getting over talent they have working relationships with outside of the US. Terrible. Maybe Muta thought with Jeff Jarrett brokering the deal it'd work out nicely, but Double J, Dixie, and whoever else, they don't have a good track record with this kind of thing.

Jumping in on the X-Division cash in stipulation.

It could be a good idea if executed properly. You would think the whole point of the stipulation is to elevate someone and make them look great so do just that. Its easy as fuck, basically you pick your guy, put the belt on him a few months prior, have the established names go after him because he has the belt and the potential contract for the TNA belt, he beats them off and cashes in.

So beats a load of established stars and relinquishes the belt. Doesn't matter if he wins the main title or not as they can have a good match and he's already shown he can hang up there.

Pick your next un-established star and rinse and repeat. Bit to sensible for TNA though tbh.

They did a great job booking Aries in this situation the first time. Sabin they failed a little because they put him back in the X division when he lost the belt like 2 weeks after the fact. This time around idk, I mean I get what they're doing, it's a major selling point to be X division champion because you can "cash it in" for a World title shot when the time comes....I just think that the issue I have is how Sanada was booked in general and how lame it's been seeing Austin Aries winning the X division title 4-5 different times in the last year and nothing really coming from it that's positive. I mean, no one has really had a long reign sans a couple guys with the X division title so it's not like I have an issue with it being passed around, just the fact that A-Sanada was booked poorly and B-Aries shouldn't have won it so many different times. I would've just had him win it when he just did, playing on the fact he wants the World title shot.

son_of_foley
July 22nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
A gesture that TNA promptly squandered by being the fabulous dick-heads they are.

Isn't this a little over the top?

I dont think the gesture has been squandered yet and I don't think Sanada has been particularly poorly represented on TV. I mean for TNA they've actually represented him quite well

Nash Diesel
July 22nd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Isn't this a little over the top?

I dont think the gesture has been squandered yet and I don't think Sanada has been particularly poorly represented on TV. I mean for TNA they've actually represented him quite well

I think he has been poorly represented on t.v. in the sense that they're riding on the fact that everyone should take him serious simply because he's the X division champion. A lot of guys have been X division champion but it takes more than throwing the belt on them and beating the same 2-3 guys for the last 5 months to really build up someone. A few of us have said Sanada should've been the one to cash in the X division title to face Lashley if they truly wanted to build him up not just in TNA, but for Wrestle-1. I never knew about the whole Sanada v. Muta for the X division title deal until this thread, but I did hear rumors that both companies were looking to book Sanada as a heel v. Muta at BFG in a student v. master type program, and the seeds were being planted with this whole James Storm shit that's going on. But still, the whole situation where they tried to pass of Sanada as still being the champ even though everyone knew he dropped the title to Aries.....That's why you can't be pre-taped if you're a complete fucking tool of a company.

Defrost
July 27th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Has anyone read this?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-impact/2014/7/20/5920175/spike-tv-hates-vince-russo-tna

This just makes me despise Vince Russo even more.

So the whole Spike hates Russo thing. There is a rumor out there right now and from what this amateur sleuth has sleuthed out there is a ton of smoke for there not to be a fire.