PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Third Place Play Off: Brazil vs Holland

Andy
July 12th, 2014, 4:04 PM
Two shocking decisions from the ref there. Wasn't a pen but was unquestionably a red card.

TraXX
July 12th, 2014, 4:18 PM
David Luiz. Wow. £50 million, eh?

Bluemoon
July 12th, 2014, 4:18 PM
Also a shocking decision from Luiz.

turdpower
July 12th, 2014, 5:07 PM
I found Martin O's comments about getting 20 better players to come and play a bit mad.

Surely he can see a difference between bad players and out of form/ungelled players.

They all player for massive clubs and do alright there, they aren't exactly shit individuals (well some of them are).

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2014, 5:21 PM
Loads of them are really ordinary. Paulinho and Ramires are very ordinary midfielders. Luiz Gustavo and Fernandinho are good defensive midfielders, but not much else. Oscar has been stuck out on the right wing for some unknown reason. Hulk on the left for some unknown reason. Brazil really lack talented midfielders and centre forwards right now, but the ones they do have, they haven't used properly here. Hernanes should have played alongside Fernandino/Gustavo behind Oscar. Neymar can be effective coming in off the wide left, while Hulk is better coming in off the right but Willian would be a better option there. Fred and Jo are fucking shit, I can't believe Pato or Damiao couldn't do a better job, even if they haven't fulfilled their potential (yet), while not getting Diego Costa into the squad was a huge oversight. Coutinho would have been an interesting option for attacking midfield, and Kaka could at least have taken a place in the squad too. Dani Alves looks spent now, as does Maicon.

Marcelo, Thiago Silva and Dante are very good defenders, while David Luiz could probably do a better job at the base of the midfield. For whatever reason, Scolari went for a really uninspired, workman-like set-up and they could only win games by kicking people to death and hoping Neymar would do the business. They could have a decent team, but this is a pretty fallow period for great Brazilian players, especially forwards. It's hard to think of many other players they could have picked to improve the squad.

turdpower
July 12th, 2014, 5:38 PM
I find it a bit odd that he has shown no faith in Willian.

All in all he should have just brought Robinho, Pato, Ronaldinho and Kaka and let us all have a laugh.

turdpower
July 12th, 2014, 5:39 PM
Also, I disagree with Clarke, that was a dive from Oscar, he dived INTO the Vlaar which is why he's hurt. Vlaar being hurt is not proof of a foul.