17:00

Netherlands v Costa Rica
21:00

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2014, 4:15 PM
Colombia to spring a surprise.

Chris Scott
July 2nd, 2014, 5:54 PM
Yes by not conceding. 0-0 and then they lose on pens.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2014, 5:55 PM
:squint:

Beefy
July 2nd, 2014, 6:06 PM
I've cursed Colombia by backing them to get through against Brazil and also to make the final.

I've not won a single bet this tournament :(

Judas Iscariot
July 2nd, 2014, 6:09 PM
I really hope Colombia moves on. And at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Costa Rica pulls some crazy shit and moves on as well.

Simon
July 2nd, 2014, 6:13 PM
Suspect it will end up with the four favourites going through - Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Germany. Can't decide what I would like more, Colombia springing a surprise and really going far, or the possibility of a Brazil/Argentina final.

No fucking idea who is gonna win this at the moment. I genuinely couldn't rule out anyone bar Costa Rica, and even then I wouldn't be that surprised if they got past Holland. What a tournament.

Beefy
July 2nd, 2014, 6:16 PM
I just don't see how Brazil can keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. Neymar aside, they just look so ordinary.

The better side lost against them last week. I don't think it'll happen again.

wardy
July 2nd, 2014, 6:21 PM
That's exactly how I feel about Brazil. Wouldn't be surprised if Colombia won by 2 or 3. I backed France at the beginning of the tournament and they've played well so far but this will be their first real test and I can't help but think it's the end of the line for them. I expect both Argentina and Holland to go through in pretty similar fashion to the way they did in the last round.

Fanny Batter
July 2nd, 2014, 6:33 PM
After the 2 performances last Saturday, I strongly fancy Colombia to do something against Brazil. Rodriguez has obviously been a revelation but there's a lot of other promising attacking threats in that team (Martinez and Gutierez mainly), and they've not leaked many goals either this tournament. They look very strong. If they keep Neymar out of it they win, I can't see anybody else in that team that will be a constant threat - Hulk obviously CAN but has been played out of position to give the inept Fred and Jo a go. This will be a great game though, for all the talk of Brazil not being great, they certainly have fantastic games because of the obvious flaws. Might be game of the tournament, 2-2 after a late Brazil equalizer then they run out of clovers and end up losing 4-2 in extra time, sealed in the last minute after a ridiculous torrent of pressure from Brazil. Might wank over that scenario tonight.

Germany vs. France will be tentative and tight. I don't think it goes to extra time though. France are probably the better team going forward but will leave holes as they commit to the game, Germany win with better efficiency. German efficiency in fact. 1-0.

Holland vs. Costa Rica. I don't think Holland played well against Mexico, but they won. They'll play better here you'd fancy, Van Persie and Robben both had off day's. Fancy Costa Rica to score but Holland to have too much and win 3-1.

Argentina vs. Belgium is a beast of a game. The game of teams that so far have flattered to deceive, yet are winning without really looking in danger of a defeat. Apart from that last minute shot from USA. Both will look to be better, I can't see Kompany giving Messi the space that the Swiss inevitably allowed him, but I can't see Di Maria and Higuain being so poor again. Likewise, Lukaku might have had his kick up the arse and may fire from here, and Hazard hasn't shone yet either. Fancy the Argies but definitely see it going all the way to penalties, likely with somebody like De Bruyne smashing it into a nearby favela.

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 4:25 PM
Cuadrado is such a frustrating player. Loads of talent yet always seems to take the wrong option.

Grimario
July 4th, 2014, 4:29 PM
Cuardado breaking that chance up brilliantly. He has to be a mole surely?

Grimario
July 4th, 2014, 4:41 PM
What's the rule with 10m? Surely it's when it's struck not when that run up starts. Neymar couldn't have been more than 3m when they kicked that

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 5:31 PM
Corrupt as fuck this.

Boss free kick though.

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 5:43 PM
Clive Tyldsley is rubbish.

What would Hulk know about a Monaco players (Rodriguez) penalty habits?

Well they did play together at Porto you buffoon.

Grimario
July 4th, 2014, 5:49 PM
Full flight knee to the spine can't be good for you.

Simon
July 4th, 2014, 6:01 PM
I wouldn't begrudge James Rodriguez knocking this ref's shite clean in after that disgrace of a game.

Peter Griffin
July 4th, 2014, 6:03 PM
And then he can go to the studio and boot Chiles' useless moronic head of his shoulders and do us all a favour.

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 6:06 PM
Why are they going on about Brazil's style of play like its some kind of shock?

Hoddle sayings its not a Brazil team we are used to seeing. They havnt been the way he means since 1982.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2014, 6:39 PM
Fernandinho had a hard on for James Rodriguez today.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 4th, 2014, 6:39 PM
Yep, Brazil have been all about the physical power for a while now, notice the almost complete lack of skillful midfielders. But they took it to a new level tonight, it was like watching a Stoke match. Two set-piece goals, kicking the shit out of the opposition, blasting clearances into the flanks to uproarious cheers from the supporters. It was deeply unimpressive. The referee was a disgrace, he let them get away with kicking the game to death. 31 fouls and two yellow cards is just crazy. Columbia were suckered in, they showed a lack of experience tonight and desperation started to creep through but I do feel for them because they wanted the ref to do something about the continuous fouling.

It was never a free kick for the Luiz goal either, but great strike when he got there. I think Germany will take this Brazil team apart, they're too canny to be over-awed and too experienced at top level football to be suckered in by fouling. They'll pull Brazil around the pitch and could murder them if they're at it.

Peter Griffin
July 4th, 2014, 8:16 PM
Neymar has a fractured verterbra.

Ringo
July 5th, 2014, 8:06 AM
Awful news about Neymar. You'd think they're a bit fucked now. A Bra/Arg Neymar/Messi final would've been a bit special.

Ringo
July 5th, 2014, 2:00 PM
annoying referee. would have loved that Witsel shot to go in at the end. Belgium just not really very good.

RFF Champ
July 5th, 2014, 2:02 PM
Benteke would have improved them loads.

Lagom
I don't understand why Lukaku didn't just try and smash that through the keeper instead of dragging it back, shame for Belgium

RFF Champ
And Dembele.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 3:56 PM
I wish we'd got further in the World Cup just so I could understand these anti-racism messages.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 5:51 PM
Costa Rica are going to win aren't they? :lol:

Peter Griffin
July 5th, 2014, 5:55 PM
Hopefully.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 6:34 PM
This is an amazing sub. :lol:

Beefy
July 5th, 2014, 6:35 PM
Sturrock did this for us a couple of seasons ago. Brought Dan Bentley on for pens. The thought process being that it would throw off the penalty takers.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 6:35 PM
And how did that pan out?

Beefy
July 5th, 2014, 6:36 PM
It worked. Bentley saved two and we won.

Ringo
July 5th, 2014, 6:36 PM
fucking hell. Krul vs. Navas eh. I've definitely fallen in love with Navas in this tournament and I dislike Krul so I'll be upset if/when Netherlands go through.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 6:40 PM
"Do not change your mind" That cliche gets banded about all the time, Le Tiss said he used to change his mind all the time.

Pablo Diablo
July 5th, 2014, 6:42 PM
Good RvP scored so his confidence won't be shot. Now I don't care. Come on Costa Rica.

Xtreme Rebel
July 5th, 2014, 6:42 PM
Come on Ticos!

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 6:47 PM
It's mental tactical stuff like this which is how van Gaal is going to bring home the treble!

Peter Griffin
July 5th, 2014, 6:47 PM
Oh just fuck off

Ringo
July 5th, 2014, 6:49 PM
krul cunt

What an effort from Costa Rica though.

wardy
July 5th, 2014, 7:00 PM
Magnificent wankery from Krul there. Unlucky Costa Rica.

son_of_foley
July 6th, 2014, 5:33 AM
krul cunt

What an effort from Costa Rica though.

For me krul should've got a yellow for that the first time