PDA

View Full Version : Kizuna Road 2014

Defrost
June 23rd, 2014, 1:14 PM
These are the two shows that we'll actually see from this tour

NJPW, 6/29/14 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada vs. BUSHI, Yohei Komatsu & Fuego
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
3. Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
4. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. Tetsuya Naito, Kota Ibushi & El Desperado
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov vs. Bad Luck Fale, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Yujiro Takahashi

NJPW, 7/4/14 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada vs. BUSHI, Sho Tanaka & Fuego
2. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
3. Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
4. SUPER Jr. Special Singles Match: El Desperado vs. Alex Shelley
5. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov vs. Bad Luck Fale, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
6. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. KUSHIDA

Gibby
June 23rd, 2014, 1:37 PM
Apart from Ishii's defence (and probable loss) I'm not too bothered about 29th June (which is very fortunate as I'm out of town and offline). 4th July looks good, with Shelley-Desperado, the semi-main and the Jr defence all pretty appealing.

DDT
June 23rd, 2014, 5:32 PM
The main events of both shows look good, and the Honma tag match at least promises to be interesting; Honma is great at face-in-peril.

Cewsh
June 23rd, 2014, 5:33 PM
Ibushi/KUSHIDA will be getting my money.

Gibby
June 23rd, 2014, 5:52 PM
Sucks that Honma is basically thought of as a jobber one minute then a contender the next. Pretty inconsistent stuff. He pushed Ishii all the way and now he is back to eating up falls. I know he's had some issues off-screen and perhaps has the taint of the old FMW garbage matches but he's a good in-ring, got bags of personality and wears a jacket that says 'vampire chicken' on the back. What more can he do?

DDT
June 23rd, 2014, 5:57 PM
What can you do? After the whole Yakuza thing he's lucky to be working in New Japan at all.

Gibby
June 23rd, 2014, 5:59 PM
Who amongst us can say that we haven't been involved in our nation's leading organised crime syndicate at one point or another?

DDT
June 23rd, 2014, 6:04 PM
Well I vote, so clearly I can't...

Tainted Eclipse
June 29th, 2014, 8:49 AM
booooo

Defrost
June 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM
There is no joy in Korakuen for mighty Ishii has struck out

Gibby
June 29th, 2014, 6:04 PM
Enjoyed the event, reviewed it here, result suuuuuucks.
http://fujiwaraarmbar.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/njpw-kizuna-road-day-2.html

Tainted Eclipse
June 29th, 2014, 6:50 PM
It feels odd that a major staple of the New Japan main event scene are English promos.

Defrost
June 29th, 2014, 7:04 PM
They are selling a shit load of those bullet club shirts to be fair

Tainted Eclipse
June 29th, 2014, 7:27 PM
That's like the only wrestling shirt I'd actually wear. Would buy one but it's not worth the fees to get it shipped from Japan.

Cewsh
June 29th, 2014, 9:21 PM
ProWrestlingTees is selling them now.

DDT
June 29th, 2014, 11:44 PM
That was about the best Takahashi match ever.

Also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! !!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Panther52
June 29th, 2014, 11:45 PM
to try and answer the side note about why Shibata is considered a legit HW. just a guess, but probably because he was a legitimate fighter and protégé of Japan and arguably MMA's greatest fighter Sakuraba. Obviously wrestling and MMA are two different things, but having actual Catch wrestling masters adds legitimacy to NJPW. Specially in a country where the lines are blurred between the two.

Gibby
June 30th, 2014, 2:32 AM
to try and answer the side note about why Shibata is considered a legit HW. just a guess, but probably because he was a legitimate fighter and protégé of Japan and arguably MMA's greatest fighter Sakuraba. Obviously wrestling and MMA are two different things, but having actual Catch wrestling masters adds legitimacy to NJPW. Specially in a country where the lines are blurred between the two.

That's probably true, him being 6ft probably helps. It's just that KUSHIDA was a better MMA fighter - or at least has a better MMA record (unbeaten in 8). But he's small. Eh, I have beef with weight categories, one of the few things that gets my goat about pro wrestling.

Panther52
July 2nd, 2014, 1:32 AM
That's probably true, him being 6ft probably helps. It's just that KUSHIDA was a better MMA fighter - or at least has a better MMA record (unbeaten in 8). But he's small. Eh, I have beef with weight categories, one of the few things that gets my goat about pro wrestling.

true Shibata's record is horrible in MMA, but fought several elite fighters for K1 and Dream. Including Sakuraba, Ralek Gracie, Yamamoto, Miller, Mach, akiyama, Ishii n the like. He probably also gets some benefit for being Funaki's protégé as well before he joined Laughter 7.

Kushida fought well guys I've never heard of. (and I watch way too much MMA , American and Japanese lol) Also in a Semi Pro/Ametuer company.

Tainted Eclipse
July 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
KUSHIDA is the new champ.

Defrost
July 4th, 2014, 1:52 PM
Ibushi got concussed early in the match and things fell apart and they went home early. So don't expect much from it when you get around to watching it.

Gibby
July 4th, 2014, 7:11 PM
Reviewed the Kizuna Road show
http://fujiwaraarmbar.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/njpw-kizuna-road-day-3.html

In brief: not the best but worth a watch if you're an NJPW fan. Ibushi still tried once he realised where he was.