PDA

View Full Version : Wrestle-1/WNC Merges

Defrost
June 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
So Tajiri basically didn't want to run a promotion anymore and worked out a deal with Muto

Cewsh
June 18th, 2014, 12:00 PM
It's actually not a merger, just a talent exodus. Rionne Fujiwara got in contact with me last night and said that WNC will remain open and part of the Reina group. It's just that those 6 wrestlers will be leaving WNC and going to Wrestle-1, and WNC will find a new booker. It's closer to All Japan/NOAH than to All Japan/NEW All Japan.

Gibby
June 19th, 2014, 5:23 AM
When W-1 unveils some straps they might even have a credible scrap for the inaugural W-1 top title. Think Mutoh gets some unfair shit for his business dealings, hope he can get this thing going because I've little hope for an AJPW or even a NOAH revival.

Cewsh
June 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
It's honestly a little murky in trying to determine what the pecking order in promotions is after New Japan. It'd be hard to say that Dragon Gate isn't the second biggest promotion in Japan, though the lack the prestiege of the others. But I think it's very possible that W-1, with substantial time and good planning, could come to represent that second option in Japan.