PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014 - Group H (Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea)

Beefy
June 11th, 2014, 5:42 AM
Please use this thread for prediction and match discussion for this Group.

Ringo
June 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Algeria dealing with Belgium well here. I want Belgium to win but I did have Feghouli first goalscorer. :cool:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2014, 12:47 PM
De Bruyne, Chadli and Lukaku have been terrible, really shit. Algeria love to stink up a World Cup but Belgium are giving them a big hand in doing it. Mirallas and Januzaj should probably come on to offer some incision. De Bruyne's set-piece delivery has been putrid too, which is unforgivable given that is a noted weakness of Algeria.

Ringo
June 17th, 2014, 1:25 PM
My God Belgium are frustrating. If they don't do something in the next 20 minutes, fuck em.

Ringo
June 17th, 2014, 1:26 PM
HA. Was just about to add how shit De Bruyne was continuing to be...

RFF Champ
June 17th, 2014, 2:00 PM
Belgium had a great recordof late goals in qualifying. Bodes well for the team spirit.

Ringo
June 17th, 2014, 2:01 PM
YEAH. Got there eventually.

If there are three goals in the Russia/South Korea match there will have been exactly twice as many goals as the first round in 2010.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2014, 2:34 PM
De Bruyne was absolute crap but did produce two moments of quality that helped win the game, so he can come off the pitch happy. Belgium made very heavy weather of that. That Origi guy was greased lightning but they hardly played a forward pass to stretch the defence, each time they did it caused Algeria trouble. In the end, class told with Hazard's pass and Mehrten's finish. Chadli should not be anywhere near that team on the basis of any game I have ever seen him play in, I thought Mehrten's would start to be honest, but even Mirallas would offer more penetration. Hazard got the absolute shit kicked out of him but did very well when he got on the ball.

Fellaini looked more like Everton Fellaini today, winning the ball and getting into the box from midfield. He's a very useful option for Belgium to have to go direct, the ball sticks to him in a way that Lukaku can't be relied upon to provide. I have always understood why Mourinho doesn't fancy Lukaku, he is absolutely useless sometimes and has more belief than ability in regards to his technique. He is not the new Drogba by a long shot, though he is still extremely young. Benteke is going to be a big miss on this evidence.

Bad Collin
June 17th, 2014, 7:25 PM
Akinfeev not living up to his Fm legend

El Capitano Gatisto
June 17th, 2014, 7:43 PM
I seriously am wondering if Akinfeev is on the take. He seemed to be palming any shot on target straight out to Koreans then he does that.

Ringo
June 18th, 2014, 1:10 AM
If there are three goals in the Russia/South Korea match there will have been exactly twice as many goals as the first round in 2010.

:irked: One short.

Bluemoon
June 21st, 2014, 3:30 AM
Hopefully the last 5 days Belgium in training have worked on how to play as a team.

Canuck
June 22nd, 2014, 1:46 PM
What a beast Hazard has been in the past 10 minutes.

RFF Champ
June 22nd, 2014, 1:47 PM
Belgium scored loads of late goals in qualifying. Don't think their spirit or teamwork is in question.

RFF Champ
June 22nd, 2014, 1:48 PM
Algeria going for it properly with their lineup. Goal machine Slimani to bag a couple.

Ringo
June 22nd, 2014, 1:48 PM
Hazard woke up with 10 to go and that's been the difference. Pleased for ORIGI. Should probably be starting ahead of Lukaku based on these two games.

RFF Champ
June 22nd, 2014, 1:52 PM
Benteke would have scored loads if he'd played. Lukaku barely looks interested.

wardy
June 22nd, 2014, 2:13 PM
BBC losing 2 of their best pundits now. Great.

Chris Scott
June 22nd, 2014, 2:26 PM
Hopefully the last 5 days Belgium in training have worked on how to play as a team.

Obviously not, they were shocking at times as a team.

Fanny Batter
June 22nd, 2014, 2:34 PM
Belgium don't look good at all, wouldn't surprise me if they got outworked by America, should that be their last 16 game, and put out. Lukaku looked like a sack of piss.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 22nd, 2014, 2:55 PM
Lukaku has been so bad. The work rate from him is zero, has he even had a shot? I don't believe it's a team problem as the team always seems to improve when he goes off the pitch.

RFF Champ
June 22nd, 2014, 3:38 PM
West Ham are going to have to up their 6.5mil bid after this showing from Slimani.

MMH
June 22nd, 2014, 3:40 PM
On the plus side we may get Lukaku for a set of cones and some training kits.

Romford Pele
June 22nd, 2014, 4:43 PM
What a cracking game in Porte Allegre!

Chris Scott
June 23rd, 2014, 4:04 PM
Algeria played some great football last night.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 5:22 AM
They have a good chance of knocking out Russia and going through - Russians have been shite so far.

MMH
June 26th, 2014, 3:18 PM
So what match are people watching tonight? I cant decide. Russia vs Algeria has the most riding on it I suppose but Belgium have Everton links. Russia have disappointed me but Algeria have been interesting to watch.

Judas Iscariot
June 26th, 2014, 5:34 PM
Watching Algeria/Russia because they need to score another goal.

God bless Korea for not going down without a fight.

Judas Iscariot
June 26th, 2014, 5:36 PM
Well there goes that, then.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 5:57 PM
Glad Algeria went through. Even more glad that Big Jan Vertonghen scored eeeeeeep

Bluemoon
June 26th, 2014, 5:59 PM
Algeria got out their group, Hodgson is a shit manager.

RFF Champ
June 26th, 2014, 6:30 PM
Pretty pleased for Algeria. It's nice to see a perceived 'golden generation' come together like that and deliver due to good planning and focus.