PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014 - Group F (Argentina, Bosnia & Herzagovina, Iran, Nigeria)

Beefy
June 11th, 2014, 5:40 AM
Please use this thread for prediction and match discussion for this Group.

Ringo
June 15th, 2014, 5:05 PM
Come on then Messi.

turdpower
June 15th, 2014, 5:07 PM
I have to be up at 7, eurgh...

Prototype16
June 15th, 2014, 5:16 PM
Good luck Bego

Really looking forward to this one

Jay
June 15th, 2014, 5:27 PM
I have to be up at 7, eurgh...6:15am here, although I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday, which helps. Still, it's the World Cup, and I've been looking forward to this one. And given the way this tournament has started, I'm expecting a good, attacking game even more so now.

wardy
June 15th, 2014, 5:28 PM
Argentina -2 at 21/10 yes please.

Ringo
June 15th, 2014, 6:47 PM
Come on Bosnia. They don't deserve to be behind here. Argentina look shit.

MMH
June 15th, 2014, 6:48 PM
Good game this. Feels very old school for some reason.

wardy
June 15th, 2014, 6:49 PM
I think it's been shit. Argentina have been infuriating.

Simon
June 15th, 2014, 7:04 PM
Bosnia's problem is that everything that's good about their defending is the same as what's crap about their attacking - they're crowding the area in front of their box to keep Argentina out, leaving Dzeko completely isolated, and they're not good enough to retain possession and move up. I reckon they'll try to hold out until half way through the second half then push a midfielder up in support and go for it. Argentina have been crap, Messi looks miles off it.

MMH
June 15th, 2014, 7:06 PM
I think it's been shit. Argentina have been infuriating.

Its the atmosphere more than anything.

Simon
June 15th, 2014, 7:24 PM
Fucking ridiculous from Messi. Always backed him.

Ringo
June 15th, 2014, 7:28 PM
Shame for Bosnia but I'm glad Messi's done something good.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2014, 7:39 PM
Yeah, this world cup will be great if Messi can power Argentina through the tournament.

Simon
June 15th, 2014, 7:44 PM
OOOOOOOH interesting.

Ringo
June 15th, 2014, 7:49 PM
STILL TIME BOSNIA.

Prototype16
June 15th, 2014, 7:55 PM
That was decent in the end - Bosnia did well for the first hour and it was nice to see them get one

El Capitano Gatisto
June 16th, 2014, 4:45 PM
What a horrific match.

Pablo Diablo
June 16th, 2014, 4:51 PM
God that was awful.

Ringo
June 16th, 2014, 5:03 PM
Nigeria are pants. Bosnia should do em.

Fanny Batter
June 16th, 2014, 5:06 PM
Be a shame to see the Argentinian front line against Iran, 10 men behind the ball and no urgency. Hopefully they score early and just muller them but I can see it being massively uneventful.

Grimario
June 21st, 2014, 1:26 PM
Am I the only one watching this? Iran have held really well and looked brilliant. Had the two best chances of the game for mine. Fantastic save just now to stop them going up one nil.

wardy
June 21st, 2014, 1:43 PM
I'm watching. What the fuck is with the back of Palacio's head?

wardy
June 21st, 2014, 1:45 PM
What a ball from Iran there.

Grimario
June 21st, 2014, 1:49 PM
Had to be Messi

Red Dog
June 21st, 2014, 5:19 PM
Be a shame to see the Argentinian front line against Iran, 10 men behind the ball and no urgency. Hopefully they score early and just muller them but I can see it being massively uneventful.
Good prediction!

iran did themselves proud with that performance.

Simon
June 21st, 2014, 6:30 PM
One of the best things about this tournament is the referees' refusal to put up with shit like defenders looking to earn cheap free kicks. Nine times out of ten Spahic gets a free kick for nothing there, but the linesman and referee correctly decided that there was no foul and Nigeria capitalised. Love it. Nigeria well worth the lead as well, Bosnia have been shite so far. This guy Musa is so quick it's ridiculous.

Prototype16
June 21st, 2014, 7:01 PM
That was a good decision but the offside call was an absolute shocker. Decent game so far - Bosnia's wide players are frustrating, particularly Hajrovic - gets in decent positions but doesn't seem to have any end product.

Well done Odemwingie - first Stoke player to score in a World Cup!

wardy
June 25th, 2014, 1:07 PM
Matthew's mate on a hat-trick against the Argies here.

Simon
June 25th, 2014, 1:09 PM
Enyeama must be on the take for that Messi free kick. Waved it in like a car park attendant at a shitty Sunday morning car boot sale.

Garay that just scored has moved to Zenit apparently.

EDIT: It was Rojo that scored not Garay. But Garay has gone to Zenit. FUCK YOU.

Simon
June 25th, 2014, 1:11 PM
Love that Argentina actually are playing exactly how people stereotype them ie. irrepressible in attack but utterly shite at the back.

Also Di Maria seems to fly under the radar because of the superstars around him, but what a ridiculously good player he is.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 25th, 2014, 1:32 PM
I don't think he does, he was most people's MOTM for the CL final and even BBC and ITV commentators have been mentioning what a great season he has had for Real Madrid after everyone expected him to be shoved out for Bale.

RFF Champ
June 25th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Zabaleta is some right back.

Simon
June 25th, 2014, 1:56 PM
I don't think he does, he was most people's MOTM for the CL final and even BBC and ITV commentators have been mentioning what a great season he has had for Real Madrid after everyone expected him to be shoved out for Bale.

Maybe I'm overrating him but I honestly think he's probably the next best thing in Europe after Ronaldo and Messi at the moment. Maybe Suarez, Modric or Robben would be up there...but the guy is unbelievable.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 25th, 2014, 2:35 PM
I think you are overrating him. He's a very good team player and has had a great season, but there are a lot of really good attacking players around who work for the team right now. He works his balls off and his work often leads to other players taking the credit for finishing off moves he instigates but I do think he gets a lot of recognition for it.