PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014 - Group C (Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan)

Beefy
June 11th, 2014, 5:38 AM
Please use this thread for prediction and match discussion for this Group.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
No love? :nono:

Good to see Karagounis still going for Greece... only for nostalgic purposes, mind. Wanted Greece to win this but they're struggling so far. Neither team showing any particular quality.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Columbia look like they miss Falcao, they always seem to be looking for someone to finish moves off. Greece look as they have since 2004.

Simon
June 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Third time I've seen Manolas and he has looked absolute class every time. This kid Ibarbo looks tasty for Colombia too, very direct plus quick and strong. Not been that impressed with Cuadrado so far considering the hype.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2014, 1:42 PM
I love the world cup but i'm not sure I can stay up to watch the Ivory Coast v Japan game.

Grimario
June 14th, 2014, 2:05 PM
I love the world cup but i'm not sure I can stay up to watch the Ivory Coast v Japan game.

You fucking soft cock.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 14th, 2014, 3:57 PM
I had 3.61 on Columbia to win with Rodriguez to score any time. Hate non-round numbers in my getting account.

MMH
June 14th, 2014, 4:25 PM
I had 3.61 on Columbia to win with Rodriguez to score any time. Hate non-round numbers in my getting account.

So whats that in real money?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 14th, 2014, 4:42 PM
What? Odds were only 7/2 so won me 13 quid or something.

MMH
June 14th, 2014, 4:47 PM
What? Odds were only 7/2 so won me 13 quid or something.

Yeah thats what I meant. I think I have had 2.63 in my skybet account for about a year.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2014, 9:47 PM
I'm glad I did stay up for this. Hopefully Japan can win this but it just seems a matter of time before Cote D'Ivorire equalise.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 14th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Ivory Coast were total shit until the moment Didier Drogba walked on that pitch. You could see the lift the players got immediately with him coming on, the crowd went nuts and the pace of Ivory Coast's play just went up. First thing he did was go on a storming run and pull off a piece of outrageous skill. He wasn't involved in the two goals but I fully believe his presence just made the other players up their quality levels, he's an inspirational man.

Grimario
June 14th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Drogba, game changer. Must have some ridiculous aura that just lifts his team.

What a great game to finish an awesome day of football. This WC has not disappointed yet.

Bad Collin
June 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I thought IC were going to score sooner or later, I don't think Drogba had much to do with it. Japan were utter shite in the second half.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 15th, 2014, 6:39 AM
Ivory Coast were awful before Drogba came on, really shit. He lifted them immediately.

thegoat
June 15th, 2014, 6:56 AM
Yeah, I thought the Ivory Coast were at their best for approximately ten minutes after Drogba came on, it wasnt a coincidence. Until then I had no real impression they were going to draw, let alone win.

Ringo
June 19th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Uh oh, Hansen's back.

Simon
June 19th, 2014, 11:47 AM
That's bad news for the English game.

Alex
June 19th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Hot or not, the vest is unacceptable from Ivory Coast. Nice to see Max Gradel start.

Ringo
June 19th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Ivorian statue fan is the best of all the celebrity fans.

Ringo
June 19th, 2014, 1:53 PM
Bloody good second half.

Impressed with Aurier on the right. Mad pace.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 19th, 2014, 2:01 PM
His crossing is superb as well.

I think England-Columbia would be a good game. I don't rate Teo up front for Columbia from what I've seen, he offered very little today. I've seen Jackson Martinez a few times for Porto and he looks quality, good skill and power allied to finishing ability, so I'm surprised he doesn't get a run. Probably will for the Japan game.

Andy
June 19th, 2014, 7:32 PM
This is a fucking miserable football game.

Grimario
June 19th, 2014, 7:48 PM
This is a fucking miserable football game.

Right up your alley then?

MMH
June 19th, 2014, 7:54 PM
Greece are fucking weird.

They realistically needed to win and of course went down to ten men but it was like they were happy to go home with a point. Last minute of stoppage time and they have it in the final third and run it into the corner. So stupid.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 19th, 2014, 7:56 PM
I hate Greece so much. They are such a pointless football team. I remembered tonight why I hated them so much in 2004 and how they encapsulated everything wrong with football round that time: the shit 4-5-1 formation, constant niggly fouling, constant diving, time-wasting and feigning injury after every tackle. Just a horrible set of bastards.

Really disappointed in Japan too, they were fantastic to watch last summer but they didn't show the same sort of pace or movement this time. They went one up vs Ivory Coast then backed off and got the loss they deserved, then didn't move Greece around enough here.

MMH
June 19th, 2014, 7:58 PM
I hate Greece so much. They are such a pointless football team. I remembered tonight why I hated them so much in 2004 and how they encapsulated everything wrong with football round that time: the shit 4-5-1 formation, constant niggly fouling, constant diving, time-wasting and feigning injury after every tackle. Just a horrible set of bastards.

Really disappointed in Japan too, they were fantastic to watch last summer but they didn't show the same sort of pace or movement this time. They went one up vs Ivory Coast then backed off and got the loss they deserved, then didn't move Greece around enough here.

I didnt understand what Japan were doing. Constantly crossing the ball in when they had no chance of doing anything with the balls in. Endo should have been playing from the start too. Classy player.

Greece are just pointless. Why bother if you aint going to try and win? It worked in 2004 but they had a bit more nous going forward back then with Charisteas being a handful and their better players (who are oddly still playing) being much younger.

Simon
June 20th, 2014, 4:56 AM
Fucked the Greece game off last night, how did my bos Manolas do? Class act every time I've seen him.

Alex
June 20th, 2014, 5:34 AM
I don't rate Teo up front for Columbia from what I've seen, he offered very little today..

Agreed, I'm not seeing it at all. There was a moment in the first half where they were 4 on 1 from the halfway line for a counter. The ambitious ball was along the ground to his right but admittedly a tough pass, otherwise a forward ball down the left. Instead he bottled it and tapped it 5 yards to his left to another player.

Quintero looks excellent I think.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2014, 5:38 AM
I didnt understand what Japan were doing. Constantly crossing the ball in when they had no chance of doing anything with the balls in. Endo should have been playing from the start too. Classy player.

Greece are just pointless. Why bother if you aint going to try and win? It worked in 2004 but they had a bit more nous going forward back then with Charisteas being a handful and their better players (who are oddly still playing) being much younger.

They went all out for a 0-0 here which is no good, they have to beat Ivory Coast by 4 goals to go through now. I don't understand why they didn't at least try to win the game last night, it was their best chance of a victory.

Prototype16
June 20th, 2014, 7:35 AM
Unless Japan beat Colombia they will only need to beat Ivory Coast, goal difference won't come into it - they are more likely to do that than beat Japan with 10 men. They have been poor but I'm not sure they had the players to do much differently yesterday. Japan have been the biggest disappointment for me

Fucked the Greece game off last night, how did my bos Manolas do? Class act every time I've seen him.

Both the central defenders looked good but it was helped by Japan just putting lots of hopeful balls in, it wasn't that hard for them

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2014, 7:36 AM
Actually when you think of how Australia played against two very good teams in Chile and Holland, they give them both a better game than Spain did, it just hows how cowardly and awful Greece are for trying to kill the game against an ordinary side like Japan. You should give your supporters at least something to go home with even if you're going out early.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2014, 7:38 AM
Oh shit yeah, forgot about there only being 2 points difference between them and Ivory Coast. For some reason my head had Ivory Coast having 4 points somehow. I suppose that makes it a little bit different, still they are not going to beat Ivory Coast and they weren't exactly going for it vs. Japan before they had a man sent off.

Alex
June 24th, 2014, 5:34 AM
Fancy Greece to do what they do best over Ivory Coast tonight.

Mik
June 24th, 2014, 4:19 PM
That was the most blatant 'focus on the tits' bit of camerawork I've seen for a good while.

MMH
June 24th, 2014, 4:48 PM
I really dont get what Japan are doing in this world cup. They are having some nice possession yet every time they get in the final third they pump it into the box and they have no aerial threat.

I could understand if Mike Havenaar was in the team or something but he isnt even in the squad so it makes no sense.

Oh look they just scored a header...point still stands though.

Ringo
June 24th, 2014, 4:50 PM
Fuck offff Greece. Ridiculous.

Come on Japan you useless shits. Or CIV. Step up Didier.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2014, 5:21 PM
Fucking Greece. Ivory Coast need to up it, we can't have Costa Rica vs Greece.

MMH
June 24th, 2014, 5:30 PM
I may cry a little if Greece qualify. I have always been one to defend different styles of football and all that but Greece just take the piss. They also feel like they have had the same team for 20 years.

Fuck off ruining a good tournament. Get Drogba on! Is he on? Im watching the other game.

Pablo Diablo
June 24th, 2014, 5:33 PM
Yes. Come on Ivory Coast. Hold on.

MMH
June 24th, 2014, 5:33 PM
Stating the obvious here but James Rodriguez is so good.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2014, 5:45 PM
This game is brilliant. Just loving the back and forth like two aging warriors drunk and tired. This is what football is about.

Mik
June 24th, 2014, 5:50 PM
Fuuuuuuck! What was he doing?!

Pablo Diablo
June 24th, 2014, 5:52 PM
Fuck.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2014, 5:53 PM
Jesus Christ.

Ringo
June 24th, 2014, 5:53 PM
fuck off so much!

El Capitano Gatisto
June 24th, 2014, 5:55 PM
Fuck a duck. I hope Costa Rica demolish them. Greece have wrecked me in this thread. Yaya had tue chance there to wrap that up too.

MMH
June 24th, 2014, 5:57 PM
There is no god.

Except maybe Zeus.

Twats.

wardy
June 24th, 2014, 5:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Prototype16
Fair play to Greece - they actually deserved to win that game.

wardy
OOH AH SAMARAS SAY OOH AH SAMARAS

Chris Scott
Hahaha get in Greece. Fully deserved to win, better team all round.

Ringo
June 24th, 2014, 6:18 PM
They did to be fair.

Devastating for Ivory Coast given the nature of the defeat, their unfortunate draws in the last couple of tournaments, players' relatives dying etc.

Will be well behind Costa Rica in the next round.

Oh and Faryd Mondragon :yes:

Chris Scott
June 24th, 2014, 6:23 PM
Nah Greece all the way in the next round. It's going to be 2004 all over again.

Alex
June 24th, 2014, 6:28 PM
Ivory Coast living up to their bottlers tag.

Romford Pele
June 25th, 2014, 3:12 AM
James Rodriguez, wow what a 4th goal for Colombia looking good

Bluemoon
June 26th, 2014, 6:00 PM
Greece got out their group, Hodgson is a shit manager.