PDA

View Full Version : LOLTNA

Defrost
June 10th, 2014, 6:44 PM
http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

This is the definitive history of the shit show that is Total Nonstop Action.

TNA ReACTION or How I Learned to Gain a Third Hour and Alienate Fans

Greatest subheading ever

VHS
June 10th, 2014, 7:46 PM
TNA's new theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-aue83m7w

The Law
June 10th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Read the entire thing. No regrets.

Mills
June 10th, 2014, 11:05 PM
God some of that was downright laughable.

The Law
June 10th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I'll have to check out the WCW one. The insanely stupid stuff that happened in WCW is probably unmatched in wrestling history, although TNA has come close.

Mark Hammer
June 11th, 2014, 12:08 AM
TNA had a phase of terrible penis-related gimmicks; Richard and Rod, The Johnsons, were literally a pair of wrestling cocks, managed by Mortimer Plumtree; whilst The Hot Shots (first appearances in the company for future Raven follower Cassidy Riley and future Natural Chase Stevens) wrestled with giant bulges in their pants (really tubesocks jammed into their tights). The latter team cut a promo that consisted solely of the following: "We're pricks. We are proud. And we are protruding!" then proceeded to grab their nether regions.

:lol:

StoneColdWWE316
June 11th, 2014, 12:10 AM
That whole LOLTNA thing has brought me alot of entertainment.

The_Mike
June 11th, 2014, 12:45 AM
This is the most entertaining TNA has ever been to me. I completely missed the August 1 Warning. How the hell do half these things happen?

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I only glanced at a few but props to whoever took their sweet time to make this lol. From day one I've never been totally shocked at anything miserable, or LOL, that TNA has done...their fucking name is TNA for Christ's sake! Ever since I heard the name of the promotion I expected a continuation of what Russo was doing in TNA and he and Jeff Jarrett didn't let me down. Russo's work in the late 90's WWF and his work after in WCW and TNA is like comparing Cathouse on HBO to Max Hardcore lol. The filter was a must for this guy's genius to truly thrive.

OD50
June 11th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I've followed TNA since early 2004. That list shows just how much shit we've had to sit through over the years.

StoneColdWWE316
June 11th, 2014, 12:39 PM
How about this little nugget.

Cookie-gate. In December 2004, WWE was in Orlando filming the "West Side Story" Royal Rumble commercial. Being in town, a few TNA stars and a camera crew headed over to the WWE filming set to offer a "welcome wagon". However, they were kicked off the set. In response, this was turned into a "storyline" where the footage of what went down was hyped to be shown at the PPV in an attempt to make WWE look bad. To hype up how overly scandalous this supposed footage was, a fake Vince McMahon and Triple H began roaming the iMPACT zone to find and destroy the footage while "firing" several TNA employees in the process. The footage actually ended up making TNA look much worse. It starred BG James, Shane Douglas, Ron Killings, Konnan, Abyss and Traci Brooks walking onto the set with balloons and cookies, acting like obnoxious buffoons. After continuously asking if they could speak to Vince McMahon, uninvitedly eating food off the buffet table and putting Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton and an unmasked Rey Mysterio on camera, they're left offended and surprised when WWE officials told them to leave. After the footage was aired, Tenay and West acted completely baffled as to why WWE would do such a thing. Nobody cared.

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 1:14 PM
I've followed TNA since early 2004. That list shows just how much shit we've had to sit through over the years.

Could you imagine the list of shit we've had to sit through with the WWF/E? Or just TNA and WWE over the last couple years? That could be a new WrestleCrap site in itself lol.

How about this little nugget.

Cookie-gate. In December 2004, WWE was in Orlando filming the "West Side Story" Royal Rumble commercial. Being in town, a few TNA stars and a camera crew headed over to the WWE filming set to offer a "welcome wagon". However, they were kicked off the set. In response, this was turned into a "storyline" where the footage of what went down was hyped to be shown at the PPV in an attempt to make WWE look bad. To hype up how overly scandalous this supposed footage was, a fake Vince McMahon and Triple H began roaming the iMPACT zone to find and destroy the footage while "firing" several TNA employees in the process. The footage actually ended up making TNA look much worse. It starred BG James, Shane Douglas, Ron Killings, Konnan, Abyss and Traci Brooks walking onto the set with balloons and cookies, acting like obnoxious buffoons. After continuously asking if they could speak to Vince McMahon, uninvitedly eating food off the buffet table and putting Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton and an unmasked Rey Mysterio on camera, they're left offended and surprised when WWE officials told them to leave. After the footage was aired, Tenay and West acted completely baffled as to why WWE would do such a thing. Nobody cared.

haha, I remember this incident. I don't remember the on air storyline part but I remember the footage, especially them showing Rey unmasked chilling with Konnan and the others.

Anytime TNA has tried to go up against the WWE, whether it was the Voodoo Kin Mafia, this crap, the whole "Wrestling Matters....well not the in-ring part, just the word" because the WWE were going to go the Kentucky Fried Chicken route and be simply known as "WWE" and not World WRESTLING Entertainment....But anytime they've done it, they've failed miserably, almost like when XPW tried to jump ECW guys at an ECW ppv and XPW guys got their asses beat down badly.

The Law
June 11th, 2014, 1:39 PM
TNA's always been WWE's obnoxious, insecure little brother. They play like WWE sucks, but whenever a WWE guy would become available they would sign him and then make him their champion right away. Or when the Highlander got caught on camera at an Impact taping and they kept showing him, talking about it (although they didn't say who he was, because that would be trademark infringement). That got him in hot water with WWE, but TNA just kept flogging it.

I wish one of their women wrestlers had sued for pay discrimination. Totally ridiculous that they were drawing the best ratings on the show for a long time and being paid less than any of the male performers.

They won't cover medical bills, but they'll pay Hogan $25,000 per appearance. TNA priorities. Worst wrestling company ever.

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 2:04 PM
TNA's always been WWE's obnoxious, insecure little brother. They play like WWE sucks, but whenever a WWE guy would become available they would sign him and then make him their champion right away. Or when the Highlander got caught on camera at an Impact taping and they kept showing him, talking about it (although they didn't say who he was, because that would be trademark infringement). That got him in hot water with WWE, but TNA just kept flogging it.

I wish one of their women wrestlers had sued for pay discrimination. Totally ridiculous that they were drawing the best ratings on the show for a long time and being paid less than any of the male performers.

They won't cover medical bills, but they'll pay Hogan $25,000 per appearance. TNA priorities. Worst wrestling company ever.

In TNA's defense, they've been pretty good about not throwing the strap on every former WWE guy that's walked through the door. The only name that really comes to mind is RVD who was there for like a month before beating AJ, but that's nothing new. The WWF put the strap on Ric Flair a few months after he debuted, WCW put the strap on Hogan the first match he had in WCW. But when you think about guys like Angle, Christian, Jeff Hardy, they waited. Nowadays it's not even worth complaining about because it's hard to find a top talent or name value talent that hasn't worked in the WWE at some point because they have been the only major player this side of the world for over a decade.

Everything else though, fucking spot on. Knockouts get paid like shit, while Christy Hemme gets paid 6 figures....Won't cover medicals, lie to employees about how they'll always a job and then turn around and fire them for whatever reason, shelling out money for worthless celebs and athletes who don't physically or verbally do anything like PacMan Jones or that chick who won Survivor that they had with the Main Event Mafia.

The Highlander thing was fucked up, that guy lost his job because of TNA's ignorance. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, like when you would watch an MMA show that wasn't the UFC and they'd highlight a UFC fighter in attendance, but the truth is that they probably did it just to stick it to the WWE so they could say "Hey look one of your talents came here to check out the show so we'll put him on blast".

Zyphlin
June 11th, 2014, 2:17 PM
I was LOL'ing at that link until I came to this:

"Don West assumed the role of Amazing Red's number one fan and stood on the announce table to scream "GO, RED, GO!" in the middle of a match"

That amazing moment, and all things related to the wonderous man known as Don West, should not be mocked

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 2:39 PM
4 people who TNA need back:

1. AJ Styles
2. Don West
3. Alex Shelley
4. Awesome Kong

Zyphlin
June 11th, 2014, 3:33 PM
Also, as stupid as it sounds...this was amazing:

"AJ Styles went from Main Eventer to Christian's goon, along with Tomko. "

Seriously, where's Vice with the gif of Christian pushing AJ Styles head down when I need him...

But I am happy this thing reminded me about Rellik. By the way, did you know that's killer spelled backwards?!

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 3:40 PM
Weird thing is that a lot of people liked AJ Styles even more after his stint with Christian because he was so one dimensional and bland in terms of his character until that pairing. Plus, it wasn't like AJ had main evented any ppvs prior to that but 1, 1 ppv he main evented, the X division triple threat title match with Daniels and Joe.

Hero!
June 11th, 2014, 3:44 PM
In TNA's defense, they've been pretty good about not throwing the strap on every former WWE guy that's walked through the door. The only name that really comes to mind is RVD who was there for like a month before beating AJ, but that's nothing new

Hardy, Kennedy, FOLEY, Angle, Christian, Rhino, even Raven all won it fairly quickly after jumping from WWE. Made sense in the early days, but in the last few years, it's like...cmon guys. What did anybody get out of Foley being champ? Dude was 10+ years out of his prime.

Zyphlin
June 11th, 2014, 4:05 PM
Speaking of Vice, I remember this one being a dagger through his heart...

"Terry Taylor asked Daffney to allow Abyss to chokeslam her off the ring apron and onto a barbed-wire board. Daffney reluctantly agreed to perform the stunt, and for her trouble, she suffered a concussion. Since Spike TV refuses to allow TNA to show any form of man-on-woman violence, TNA ended up cutting the stunt from broadcast. To complete Daffney's humiliation, TNA refused to pay for her medical costs -- and the company sent Terry Taylor to tell her. "

Nash Diesel
June 11th, 2014, 4:48 PM
Hardy, Kennedy, FOLEY, Angle, Christian, Rhino, even Raven all won it fairly quickly after jumping from WWE. Made sense in the early days, but in the last few years, it's like...cmon guys. What did anybody get out of Foley being champ? Dude was 10+ years out of his prime.

It definitely made sense for a long time but I agree that there are some names that held the belt that probably shouldn't have, like Foley, even though in his defense it did make sense from a storyline aspect. PHYSICALLY he wasn't putting on good matches other than the 1 with Kevin Nash that was basically a street fight. But I think that pretty much everyone who came in and won the belt within 5-10 months of being in TNA that wrestled for the WWE previously, there is justification for their wins. Not 100%, but the majority.

And think about the last few years, we've seen EY, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and Chris Sabin hold the strap. I know Bubba is a former ECW/WWE guy, but if I'm not mistaken he's been in TNA longer than he was with either of those companies and he got his first World tile reign a year ago, Styles held the title on his way out of the company even....They've actually strayed in the last 2-3 years from putting it on someone formerly with WWE, but as I said, as time goes by, it'll be almost impossible to sign a top talent or even a mid level talent that is known that hasn't worked for the WWE.

JRSlim21
June 11th, 2014, 6:27 PM
I had to look up that Anderson won the belt. I completely forgot. And then I realized he's held it twice for a combined 64 days. Btw, he waited almost 2 years before he got the belt.

The Law
June 11th, 2014, 6:51 PM
Foley and Sting fought at Beach Blast 1992. 17 YEARS LATER, they faced off again in the main event of a TNA pay-per-view.

It would be the equivalent of Cena and Orton main eventing a pay-per-view in 2024.

Defrost
June 11th, 2014, 6:54 PM
Foley and Sting fought at Beach Blast 1992. 17 YEARS LATER, they faced off again in the main event of a TNA pay-per-view.

It would be the equivalent of Cena and Orton main eventing a pay-per-view in 2024.

Is there much doubt that this is a likely scenario though?

Donald
June 11th, 2014, 7:27 PM
I think Orton said he didn't want to wrestle past 40 or something like that.

StoneColdWWE316
June 11th, 2014, 8:17 PM
Somehow despite what some think I don't think Cena & Orton will be Main Eventing PPVs in 2024. They aren't getting any younger.

Foley had no business winning the World Title in TNA. It did nothing for him or anybody else.

Morrison
June 11th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Somehow despite what some think I don't think Cena & Orton will be Main Eventing PPVs in 2024. They aren't getting any younger.

well duh. that's the whole fucking point.

StoneColdWWE316
June 12th, 2014, 12:07 AM
well duh. that's the whole fucking point.

Jesus Christ Really?

Judas Iscariot
June 12th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Yeah really. Jesus Christ.

Gibby
June 12th, 2014, 5:22 AM
Cena v Orton in 2024 wouldn't be like Foley v Sting was in TNA because at the very least I once wanted to see the latter pair fight.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 12th, 2014, 5:57 AM
Gahahsgdhasfashfgasgfsghasfgasf holy shit, Dixie (http://shoptna.com/dixie-carter-shoptna-exclusive-action-figure.aspx)Action Figure (http://shoptna.com/dixie-carter-shoptna-exclusive-action-figure.aspx)!! How did I not know about this.. I'll take a dozen!

The Rogerer
June 12th, 2014, 8:41 AM
I thought "That's no big deal" but then the more I look at it the more I laugh