PDA

View Full Version : Misleading Front page headlines

S.H. Styles
May 30th, 2014, 3:17 AM
Maybe this has been brought up before, but what is up with the crew that works the front page? they do this WAY Too often. Most recently:

"RAW & SD! To Air On WWE Network From Now On, Latest "WWE Inbox" (Video)"

When that is clearly not the case...

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 30th, 2014, 3:34 AM
Well it is true, they dont say "live". It's common in all media, it's basic sensationalist headlines.

Pena used to be the worst and rajah cut him loose. The two left just repeat each other's stories 2 days apart that they both got from other websites. That or some nonsense about "a source backstage..".

In conclusion: its better than it used to be. Just.

S.H. Styles
May 30th, 2014, 3:47 AM
It's not true though. Raw was always on the WWE network. He said "from now on". Meaning from now on, the two shows will be airing on the network.

There's putting up interesting headlines to get a click and then there's misleading. This is an example of the latter, and it happens way too often.

I'm not calling for us to chop the guys head off; this is a site feedback sub forum and that's what I'm providing.

turdpower
May 30th, 2014, 10:09 AM
The main page is just a massive copy and paste job from other websites. That is the major problem in reality.

turdpower
May 30th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Also, who decided that wrestling fans want news to come in 3's and that they only be one paragraph long?

Surely someone with any ability could stretch some of those out to just be one story.

The_Mike
May 30th, 2014, 2:36 PM
It's not true though. Raw was always on the WWE network. He said "from now on". Meaning from now on, the two shows will be airing on the network.

There's putting up interesting headlines to get a click and then there's misleading. This is an example of the latter, and it happens way too often.

I'm not calling for us to chop the guys head off; this is a site feedback sub forum and that's what I'm providing.

We've been doing that for years, and things didn't really improve. It took Rajah years to do anything about Pena, and he almost got the site sued. At this point, a misleading headline doesn't seem like a big deal at all. Practically every site is doing it for click-bait these days, and as everybody else's standards have fallen through the floor I really feel like this place's front page is no longer a serious offender. At least they're not posting stuff like "See Stephanie McMahon's bum! Vince McMahon Dead? And Linda joins Obama's cabinet!"

Donald
June 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I just hate the news articles that have no definitive answers in them. For instance, the Undertaker article on the front page. The article basically says "He may or may not wrestle again."

Dr Isaac Yankem DDS
June 8th, 2014, 6:18 PM
Matt Boone is the worst.. Never gives a source just says "it's being said" damn joke.

mth
June 18th, 2014, 6:10 PM
Nice headline on the main page saying 'SummerSlam Plans Finalized' and then the item is about how the only thing that's probably maybe for sure is Brock Lensar going for the WWE WHC.

truffle_shuffle
June 18th, 2014, 8:40 PM
The question mark in the headline only adds to the fun.

The_Mike
June 18th, 2014, 9:20 PM
Rajah should let someone from the forum write satirical headlines and news stories on the front page.

SummerSlam Plans Finalized?
No.

Victoria Dated Pol Pot
Allegedly. Alleged by me, actually, but I said allegedly so you can't sue us.

Stephanie McMahon wets herself!
With a sponge while having a bath at one point in her life one can assume.

Mr_Nobody
June 18th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Ric Flair is Dead

set on returning to the WWE ring!

S.H. Styles
June 19th, 2014, 2:19 AM
HUGE update on Daniel Bryan's status
The current working plan is for Bryan to return and work one of the main events at SummerSlam.

In fact, WWE isn't even sure that he can be available in time for SummerSlam.

:lol:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 25th, 2014, 3:00 AM
Oh dear. This is what happens when people don't copy and paste:

The official WWE website has published a new article that confirms our earlier reports regarding an injury Bad News Barrett suffered during the WWE SmackDown television taping on Tuesday night in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann said Barrett "sustained an injury to his right shoulder when he was thrown into the barricade by Jack Swagger."
Amann continued, "After Barrett felt an immediate pain and a pop, we brought him back to the training room and the exam showed a separated shoulder. We’re going to do some additional testing this week and then sit down with him and talk about options for treatment for this injury.”

The article goes on to note that Barrett's status for this Sunday's pay-per-view, where he is scheduled to compete in the ladder match main event for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Championship, is in question.

So Barrett was in the title ladder match, Matt Boone? WELL I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS (bit like you, ironically). Because if you took 2 minutes to READ THE DAMN WWE.COM ARTICLE (or, research, as you could call it) it says "contract" match. Or, alternatively, watch the programme you report on rather than just rush to report/paste from other sites and you'd know which match he was in. Or proof-read it, ya know, as a journalist...

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

I feel like this is John Cena (Boone) holding the WWE title and now Punk (Pena) will come back with his own WWE title that he walked out with and now they'll battle it out for who does the worst news reports. It's a shame on two levels. One, because the Fire Pena bandwagon worked and two, cos Pena and Cena rhyme, yet they're not the comparison :nono:

Donald
June 26th, 2014, 7:28 PM
I know it's Matt Boone, but I always read it as Matt Borne.

turdpower
June 29th, 2014, 5:37 PM
Boone died in Lost.

Newf
November 9th, 2014, 3:12 PM
http://rajah.com/node/44119

HBK Naked Spokesperson For Tobacco Company, Notes On Rock's New TV Show
- WWE Hall Of Famer Shawn Michaels is the official spokesperson for "Smokey Mountain Chew, Inc.," a brand of herbal chewing tobacco.

Not that I'm disappointed or anything... but I think Boone meant named? Not naked? Freudian slip, or intentionally misleading headline?

I could forgive that on its own, but then at the bottom he links to MMANews with "PHOTOS: Ronda Rousey SHOWS ALL (...and I mean *ALL*) In BRAND NEW Photo Shoot!"

And of course she in fact does NOT show all.

The_Mike
November 9th, 2014, 4:12 PM
It's a misunderstanding, she bought a new awl. She enjoys carpentry.

The Rogerer
November 10th, 2014, 6:54 AM
I can't see her bum