PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Super Jr XXI

Defrost
May 27th, 2014, 8:25 PM
NJPW, 5/30/14 (WPW)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: El Desperado vs. Taichi
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Shelley vs. Nick Jackson
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Rocky Romero
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Mascara Dorada vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Matt Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ricochet vs. Alex Koslov
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. BUSHI

NJPW, 5/31/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kira Messe Numazu

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Rocky Romero
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: El Desperado vs. Alex Shelley
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Nick Jackson
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Taichi
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ricochet vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Alex Koslov
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Mascara Dorada
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Matt Jackson

NJPW, 6/1/14
Akashi Municipal Industrial Exchange Center

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Taichi vs. Nick Jackson
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Alex Shelley
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Rocky Romero
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. El Desperado
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Alex Koslov vs. Matt Jackson
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Ricochet
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Mascara Dorada

NJPW, 6/3/14 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Taichi
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: El Desperado vs. Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Shelley
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Nick Jackson
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo vs. Matt Jackson
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Alex Koslov vs. Mascara Dorada
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Ricochet

NJPW, 6/4/14
Kasukabe Fureai Cube

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Shelley vs. Rocky Romero
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: El Desperado vs. Nick Jackson
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Taichi
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ricochet vs. Mascara Dorada
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Matt Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Alex Koslov

NJPW, 6/5/14
Chino Cultural Complex Multi-Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Nick Jackson
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Shelley vs. Taichi
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: El Desperado vs. Rocky Romero
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Ricochet vs. Matt Jackson
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Mascara Dorada
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Alex Koslov
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo

NJPW, 6/6/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kyoto KBS Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Taichi
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. El Desperado
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Alex Shelley
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Alex Koslov vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Mascara Dorada vs. Matt Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Ricochet
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. KUSHIDA

NJPW, 6/8/14 (WPW)
Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final:
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final:
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Final:

JRSlim21
May 27th, 2014, 10:34 PM
It's here and Wrestle Kingdom time when I get into New Japan. Who's the guy that you guys think gets the rub? 1 of the Hooligans or Young Bucks, perhaps?

DDT
May 27th, 2014, 10:44 PM
The only names that really stand out as a viable winner are Kenny Omega (playing up on his tag team with Ibushi) and Ricochet. Honestly one of the duller tournaments as far as entrants go.

Defrost
May 28th, 2014, 1:57 PM
I am on Team Kushida all the way

Tainted Eclipse
May 28th, 2014, 2:00 PM
KUSHIDA needs a big, big push after that Ishii match in Taiwan. He might have actually been the better guy in that match, he was at least right up there with Ishii.

Cewsh
May 28th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I've been on the KUSHIDA train since SMASH. For the first time, Frosty, Tainted and I all agree on a thing.

Defrost
May 30th, 2014, 6:42 PM
NJPW, 5/30/14 (WPW)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,680 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] beat Mascara Dorada [0] (5:31) with the Michinoku Driver II.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [2] beat Rocky Romero [0] (8:45) with a Tiger suplex hold.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [2] beat El Desperado [0] (5:33) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (8:51) with the BUSHI Roll.
5. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado (18:17) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [2] beat Alex Koslov [0] (14:29) by referee stop.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] (10:38) with the Shelley clutch.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [2] beat Matt Jackson [0] (11:44) with a Kimura lock.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [0] (16:19) with the Croyt’s Wrath.

Hero!
May 31st, 2014, 11:22 AM
Forest, where i can watch these matches? Some of those matches sound totally tits.

Ringo
May 31st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Day 1 is allllll here: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/JAHMAL1111/1

Day 2 results:

NJPW, 5/31/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kira Messe Numazu

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [4] beat Tiger Mask [2] (6:36) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [4] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] (8:51) with the Benadryller.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [2] beat KUSHIDA [2] (7:57) with a cradle.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (6:52) with a modified swinging Stunner.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan () when Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] (9:01) with the Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [2] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] (11:36) with a cradle.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [2] beat Alex Shelley [2] (9:57) with the Guitarra de Angel.
9. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (15:56) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI.

* Alex Koslov dislocated his shoulder facing Ricochet at Korakuen yesterday and New Japan announced that he will miss the entire tour. All of his matches will be forfeited, handing each opponent 2pts (I’ll add them day by day when his matches were due).

Block A:
1. BUSHI [4]
- Ricochet [4]
3. KUSHIDA [2]
- TAKA Michinoku [2]
- Matt Jackson [2]
- Mascara Dorada [2]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [0]
- Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [4]
2. Tiger Mask [2]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [2]
- El Desperado [2]
- Alex Shelley [2]
- Kenny Omega [2]
- Rocky Romero [2]
8. Nick Jackson [0]

Tainted Eclipse
May 31st, 2014, 12:21 PM
10 man tag was fun. The field of juniors doesn't look good enough for me to want to watch these shows but I'll check out the KUSHIDA matches. KUSHIDA/Matt Jackson wasn't any good but who can expect anyone to have a good singles match against a Young Buck?

Defrost
May 31st, 2014, 3:42 PM
Makabe broke his jaw . Is gonna try and work the tag title match anyway

Defrost
June 1st, 2014, 8:41 AM
NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XXI", 01.06.2014
Akashi Municipal Industrial Exchange Center
1,260 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Best of the Super Junior - Block A: TAKA Michinoku [4] besiegt BUSHI [4] (7:55) mit dem Michinoku Driver II.
2. Best of the Super Junior - Block B: Tiger Mask [4] besiegt El Desperado [2] (8:33) mit einem Tiger Suplex Hold.
3. Best of the Super Junior - Block B: Taichi [6] besiegt Nick Jackson [2] (6:17) mit einem Taichi-Style Gedo Clutch.
4. Best of the Super Junior - Block A: Mascara Dorada [6] besiegt Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (7:06) mit einem Front Cradle.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows besiegen Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan (11:44) als Anderson Captain nach dem Magic Killer pinnte.
6. Best of the Super Junior - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [4] besiegt Rocky Romero [2] (11:42) nach dem Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Junior - Block B: Kenny Omega [4] besiegt Alex Shelley [2] (11:30) mit dem Croyt's Wrath.
8. Best of the Super Junior - Block A: KUSHIDA [6] besiegt Ricochet [4] (12:10) mit dem Hover Board Lock.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI besiegen Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (14:44) nach dem Boma Ye von Nakamura gegen Tonga.

- Best of the Super Junior Standings:

Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [6]
-. Mascara Dorada [6]
3. Ricochet [4]
-. BUSHI [4]
-. TAKA Michinoku [4]
-. Matt Jackson [4]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
8. Alex Koslov* [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [6]
2. Kenny Omega [4]
-. Tiger Mask [4]
-. Ryusuke Taguchi [4]
5. El Desperado [2]
-. Alex Shelley [2]
-. Rocky Romero [2]
-. Nick Jackson [2]

Defrost
June 4th, 2014, 1:01 PM
NJPW, 6/3/14 (Samurai! TV/iPPV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,636 Fans

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [6] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [4] beat Taichi [6] (7:14) with a Kurayami piledriver.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [2] beat Tiger Mask [4] (8:07) with a superkick.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] beat Matt Jackson [4] (5:25) with the Michinoku Driver II.
4. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan (14:06) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on Captain.
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [6] beat KUSHIDA [4] (9:58) with the MX.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [4] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [4] (14:12) with the Guitarra de Angel.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [2] beat Ricochet [4] (10:39) with an air scissors drop.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [4] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [4] (14:09) with the Automatic Midnight.

Block A:
1. BUSHI [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
4. KUSHIDA [4]
- Matt Jackson [4]
- Ricochet [4]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [2]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Taichi [6]
2. Tiger Mask [4]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [4]
- El Desperado [4]
- Kenny Omega [4]
- Alex Shelley [4]
- Rocky Romero [4]
8. Nick Jackson [2]

NJPW, 6/4/14
Kasukabe Fureai Cube
850 Fans – No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [6] beat BUSHI [6] (8:51) with the Degree of Difficulty.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [6] beat Tiger Mask [4] (10:50) with the Croyt’s Wrath.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [4] beat El Desperado [4] (9:07) with a Firebird splash.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [6] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (8:59) with the Benadryller.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (12:02) when Anderson pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [6] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] (10:29) with the Hoverboard Lock.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [6] beat Alex Shelley [4] (11:03) with the Kurayami Nouten.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [6] beat Taichi [6] (9:32) by pinfall.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (15:40) when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

Block A:
1. BUSHI [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Matt Jackson [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
- Ricochet [6]
6. Jushin Thunder Liger [4]
- KUSHIDA [4]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Ryusuke Taguchi [6]
- Taichi [6]
- Kenny Omega [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
5. Tiger Mask [4]
- El Desperado [4]
- Alex Shelley [4]
- Nick Jackson [4]

DDT
June 4th, 2014, 1:05 PM
Did I miss something? When did BUSHI become one of the most over guys in the company, complete with little plushy dolls?

Defrost
June 4th, 2014, 1:07 PM
New Japan fans get behind guys with talent that always lose. That's how Ishii got over. Well that and Shinsuke's instagram

DDT
June 4th, 2014, 1:24 PM
I suppose that's true, but I have yet to see any standout performances from BUSHI, singles or otherwise. He's always been that average high-flyer in a Lucha mask. For some reason.

Defrost
June 6th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Via Puroresufan

NJPW, 6/6/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kyoto KBS Hall
1,200 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [8] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [6] beat Rocky Romero [6] (8:17) with a Firebird splash.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [8] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [6] (8:22) with the Black Mephisto.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [8] beat Tiger Mask [6] (3:13) by pinfall.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [8] beat El Desperado [6] (10:43) with the Dodon.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (12:48) when Gallows pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [8] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (8:04) by pinfall.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [10] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [6] (14:15) with the Hoverboard Lock.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [10] beat BUSHI [8] (7:31) with the Benadryller.
9. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (17:16) when Fale used the Bad Luck Fall on YOSHI-HASHI.

* Alex Shelley won Block B of the Best of the Super Jr. today but in doing so became the second wrestler (after Koslov) to injure his shoulder badly this tour. Subsequently, after all his hard work Shelley will forfeit his spot in the semi final meaning Taguchi and Taichi move up to 1st and 2nd respectively.

Block A was won by KUSHIDA, who has had a strong BOSJ as he looks to take the next step in the junior division. KUSHIDA will face Taichi in the semis while Taguchi meets Ricochet, whose hugely impressive debut tour sees him in the semis.

Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [10]
2. Ricochet [10]
3. BUSHI [8]
- TAKA Michinoku [8]
- Matt Jackson [8]
6. Mascara Dorada [6]
7. Jushin Thunder Liger [6]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Alex Shelley [8]
2. Ryusuke Taguchi [8]
3. Taichi [8]
4. Kenny Omega [8]
5. Tiger Mask [6]
- El Desperado [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
- Nick Jackson [6]

In addition to the BOSJ finals, Sunday’s show sees Takashi Iizuka’s official debut as a Suzuki Gun member after his treacherous betrayal of CHAOS and long-time partner Yano recently.

NJPW, 6/8/14 (WPW/iPPV)
Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2

1. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, BUSHI & Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Mascara Don, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada
2. Kota Ibushi & El Desperado vs. Rocky Romero & Gedo
3. Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: KUSHIDA vs. Taichi
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Ricochet
6. Toru Yano & Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
8. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson
9 Best of the Super Jr. – Final:

DDT
June 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Goddamnit! I was really enjoying Shelley this tournament, and was actually looking forward to a Time Splitter final.

Tainted Eclipse
June 6th, 2014, 3:45 PM
KUSHIDA vs. Taguchi in the final? Or maybe Taichi will advance, with w/e the fuck is actually going on with him. You figure he'll either be punished or get a push; if he were punished he wouldn't make it this far, if he were getting a push he'd likely advance. WHO KNOWS. Looks like an acceptable card, nothing too exciting but could be some fun stuff. I'm on the fence about staying up to watch it. Eh, I have pretty much the whole summer free, I might as well.

Mills
June 6th, 2014, 3:50 PM
Poor Shelley, always was a favorite of mine

Defrost
June 7th, 2014, 9:21 AM
KUSHIDA vs. Taguchi in the final? Or maybe Taichi will advance, with w/e the fuck is actually going on with him. You figure he'll either be punished or get a push; if he were punished he wouldn't make it this far, if he were getting a push he'd likely advance. WHO KNOWS. Looks like an acceptable card, nothing too exciting but could be some fun stuff. I'm on the fence about staying up to watch it. Eh, I have pretty much the whole summer free, I might as well.

I'd be stunned if the final wasn't KUSHIDA vs Ricochet

Hero!
June 7th, 2014, 9:26 AM
You think Ricochwt could take it? I know everyone is on the KUSHDA train, but Ricochet has had a great year.

DDT
June 7th, 2014, 9:46 AM
If by "great year" you mean "carried to the best match of his life by a vastly superior worker" than, yeah, he's had a fantastic year. But I wouldn't be surprised if Ricochet did take it; Ibushi vs. Ricochet sounds like a spot-monkey mark's wet dream.

Tainted Eclipse
June 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
whats a good ricochet match?

DDT
June 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
His title defense against YAMATO that I recommended in the MOTY thread. It is really good, even if it is painfully obvious that it's a YAMATO carry-job.

Cewsh
June 7th, 2014, 1:38 PM
Somehow I wouldn't be stunned to see a Dragon Gate guy win in an attempt to get some of those fans tuned into New Japan as well, like they've done in past years with Marufuji, (though that was obviously very different,) Sasuke, etc. Though obviously, I'm fully on the KUSHIDA train. Ever since he came to New Japan, it was clear that they had major plans for him as a standard bearer for the company, with his whole, "I've been a New Japan superfan since I was 5" thing.

I feel awful for Shelley, though. This is the second year in a row he got injured during a big push in this same tournament.

Defrost
June 7th, 2014, 1:47 PM
I can see them doing the Marufuji/Devitt thing with Ricochet and KUSHIDA

Defrost
June 8th, 2014, 7:15 AM
Ricochet vs Ibushi is gonna be something

DDT
June 8th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Lyger vs. KUSHIDA is the best juniors match I have seen in years. Dick Lyger is one of the greatest things ever, and KUSIDA has really come into his own over the course of the tournament/since his match with Ishii. Minimalist wrestling at its best.

Tainted Eclipse
June 8th, 2014, 1:01 PM
Lyger vs. KUSHIDA is the best juniors match I have seen in years. Dick Lyger is one of the greatest things ever, and KUSIDA has really come into his own over the course of the tournament/since his match with Ishii. Minimalist wrestling at its best.

Just watched this, it was really good. Both KUSHIDA and Liger looked great in it. As far as Juniors matches based on limb work I thought this was a LOT better than that Ricochet/YAMATO match. Fuck Ricochet.

Defrost
June 8th, 2014, 1:07 PM

This was my favorite match of the tournament until the final

DDT
June 8th, 2014, 2:53 PM
I don't know; Ricochet is incredibly unreliable. I'll give the finals a watch, but this will probably end up being my favorite match of the tournament, and about the only one I would tell people they should go out of their way to see. I didn't even really like the Taguichi/Shelley match that everyone raved about, though that's because Taguichi is the drizzling shits.

I wasn't sure about KUSHIDA adopting the AT Lock from Milano Collection, but he's really made that move into his own recently. HURRAY FOR THE RETURN OF SUBMISSIONS!

Tainted Eclipse
June 8th, 2014, 3:03 PM
Makabe with the promo of the year on this show.

Tainted Eclipse
June 8th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I liked the final a lot. Felt like a classic 90s NJPW juniors match in style and layout, which is something I haven't really seen in a while.

DDT
June 9th, 2014, 9:22 AM
Just saw the finals and...I liked it. Maybe not as much as Tainted, and certainly not as much as Defrost, but it was a very good match and a great end to a surprisingly upbeat tournament. It certainly helped that this was a limb work match where the limb in question was the arm and not the leg, but Goddamn Ricochet still found a way to piss me off. Newsflash, grabbing you arm and shaking it at random intervals while making grimace faces is NOT selling if you can still:

A.) Do flips that involve handstands

B.) Lift people without effort

C.) Whip them with complete ease using said worked-over arm

Luckily KUSHIDA was here and he made everything ALMOST all better.

Psycho666Soldier
June 9th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Just saw the finals and...I liked it. Maybe not as much as Tainted, and certainly not as much as Defrost, but it was a very good match and a great end to a surprisingly upbeat tournament. It certainly helped that this was a limb work match where the limb in question was the arm and not the leg, but Goddamn Ricochet still found a way to piss me off. Newsflash, grabbing you arm and shaking it at random intervals while making grimace faces is NOT selling if you can still:

A.) Do flips that involve handstands

B.) Lift people without effort

C.) Whip them with complete ease using said worked-over arm

Luckily KUSHIDA was here and he made everything ALMOST all better.

At least he tried. Most people don't even shake their arm.

Hero!
June 9th, 2014, 1:45 PM
Told y'all ricochet was winning. The Japanese fucking love him.