Most improved player:

GWAN WITH YASELFS

Simon
May 12th, 2014, 5:15 AM
Player of the season: Luis Suarez

Manager of the season: Tony Pulis

Team of the season: Liverpool

Young player of the season: Raheem Sterling

Goal of the season: Patjim Kasami (Fulham vs Palace)

Achievement of the season: Joint award for Palace and Sunderland staying up. Absolutely ridiculous.

Match of the season: Probably has to be Liverpool vs Palace for sheer eye-boggling insanity. Liverpool should have been six or seven up and looking at the outside possibility of winning the league difference...and then it all fell away. Mad game.

Moment of the season: Coutinho's goal against City was pretty nuts. From a personal point of view, Spurs murdering United at Old Trafford when that was still a noteworthy thing to do was great.

Biggest surprise of the season: United's collapse. I think everyone expected a tougher season, but the ease with which they were brushed aside at Old Trafford by a series of mediocre teams (see above :() was crazy.

Best signing of the season: Wilfried Bony. Swansea were absolutely shit this season and his goals pretty much kept them up. A lot of pressure was on him when Michu got injured but he did the business every week - think some big clubs will be in for him during the summer. Special mention for Fernandinho who was instrumental in City's title win and unleashing Toure, allowing him to run the show from midfield.

Worst signing of the season: Quite a few to choose from. Pretty much everyone Spurs signed except for Eriksen and Chadli could be under consideration, and Fellaini hasn't worked out at all, but I think Aspas to Liverpool takes some beating. Reasonable chunk of money for a player who isn't particularly young and has never looked up to it.

Most improved player: Raheem Sterling. Last year he looked like a decent young player who suffered from the same problems Walcott, Lennon, Townsend etc have - buckets of pace but no final product. This year he has been a sensation IMO, getting some praise but not as much as he deserves. He's played across the attack in a number of positions and looks the real deal.

RFF Champ
May 12th, 2014, 5:29 AM
Player of the season: Suarez

Young player of the season: Sterling

Manager of the season: Rodgers

Team of the season: Man City

Goal of the season: Kasami vs. Palace

Achievement of the season: Hull getting to the cup final

Match of the season: Villa 4 West Brom 3

Moment of the season: Sterling's goal against City where he mugged off both Kompany and Hart.

Biggest surprise of the season: Swansea in the Europa League. De Guzman's goal in the win away at Valencia was amazing. The performance away at Napoli was really impressive too, coming so close to knocking them out.

Best signing of the season: Arnautovic - He's bound for big things, some of the play between him, Odemwingie and Ireland has been eye-catching. Give and go football at its best.

Worst signing of the season: Mitroglu

Most improved player: Stephen Naismith probably. Shout outs to Geoff Cameron and Victor Anichebe. Thought all 3 were shite until this season and have made important contributions to their teams.

Simon
May 12th, 2014, 5:30 AM
Shit forgot about Mitroglou. Fucking hell NO ONE did well out of that did they, barring his agent presumably. Good shout on Naismith too, superb season.

RFF Champ
May 12th, 2014, 5:38 AM
There were definitely mumblings that Everton had hired a dud in Martinez until they beat Chelsea. I remember listening to Everton fans on Talksport saying they were going to struggle but Martinez just stuck to it and was willing to start a player who was something of a laughing stock amongst the fans against Chelsea and he scores the winner. I think that game was massive in buying him more time because those kind of attitudes spread pretty quickly even if it starts with a vocal minority. I never thought Everton would do as well as they have this season.

Ringo
May 12th, 2014, 5:55 AM
Would have gone for a Spurs signing probably but Mitroglou is a good shout. £12m and he's made 3 appearances apparently. A few months ago he had a Champions League knockout tie with United to look forward to and perhaps thought going to Fulham would at least be a good chance to make a name for himself in the Prem with a view to a transfer somewhere else. He's done fuck all and now finds himself in the second tier.

Romford Pele
May 12th, 2014, 6:09 AM
Player of the season: Has to be Suarez. He is off to Real though now.

Manager of the season: Tony Pulis. Remarkable turnaround and they even play decent football.

Team of the season: Southampton. Great young english players, good side to watch. Will be hard to improve upon.

Young player of the season: Eden Hazard - tailed off slightly but what a player.

Goal of the season: Jack Wilshire v Norwich. Passing at its best

Achievement of the season: Has to be the turnaround at Palace

Match of the season: Liverpool 3 City 2 - seems a long time ago

Moment of the season: Has to be Gerrard falling over v Chelsea. Hilarious and tragic.

Biggest surprise of the season: Aaron Ramseys improvement - who saw that coming?

Best signing of the season: Flamini on a free, has to be.

Worst signing of the season: That Van Wolfwinkel bloke at Norwich. Awful.

Most improved player: Aaron Ramsey.

Rip
May 12th, 2014, 6:09 AM
Player of the season: Has to be Suarez, horrid little twat, but an incredible talent.

Manager of the season: Pulis, simply an incredible job.

Team of the season: For the first half of the season, us, overall Everton.

Young player of the season: Sterling

Goal of the season: Coleman, Everton v Southampton

Achievement of the season: Palace

Match of the season: Personally, us beating Chelsea after the derby, tough first half but we came out and played out of our skin to give one of the best performances I can remember in a black and white shirt under the circumstances. As a neutral Man City vs Arsenal.

Moment of the season: Gerrards slip, as small moments go that was a huge one.

Biggest surprise of the season: Sunderland staying up.

Best signing of the season: Fernandinho

Worst signing of the season: de Jong. We were in with a shout of Europe, playing well and starting to tighten up as a team, even the fans were coming around to Pardew, then we sold Cabaye... There were some good players mentioned as replacements, we all worried nothing would happen but Pardew got a player who he has chased for two seasons, and de Jong repayed that faith by doing absolutely nothing, and not looking capable of doing much else. Mitroglu is another, but at least he looks like he can score, and should get Fulham there money back.

Most improved player: For us Anita has grown over the season, always had the potential but now he's starting to show it as well, elsewhere Sterling has been phenomenal.

Romford Pele
May 12th, 2014, 6:12 AM
How were Newcastle the best team in the first half of the season? If you are doing it in halves, it would surely be Arsenal in first half of the season.

Rip
May 12th, 2014, 6:38 AM
Personally, considering how badly we'd been written off, how disjointed our dressing room was assumed to be, how awful we looked at the end of last (and against City) the start of the season was incredible for us, we played as a team with genuine belief and spirit, nothing short of a bloody miracle.

RFF Champ
May 12th, 2014, 6:44 AM
Remy made a huge difference. I considered him for signing of the season but for the shit team performances since Jan. Arsenal should get that signing wrapped up ASAP, him, Walcott and Ramsey offering the running in behind they've missed this season and they'll do even better next year.

Romford Pele
May 12th, 2014, 6:46 AM
Yep would be good - we have missed Walcotts pace so would definitely take him, hopefully be under £10m.

Rip
May 12th, 2014, 6:56 AM
Remy is outstanding on his day, can score from anywhere and he's scary fast.

Only problem is his attitude, he's a complete mercenary (fair play to the lad, short career to earn I guess) so he'll be unlikely to stay anywhere long, and he can go missing when he feels it's not his day.

BBF
May 12th, 2014, 7:00 AM
Player of the season: Suarez. At times he's been unplayable. 30 goals in the league is a brilliant feat. The only player who can come close is Yaya Toure.

Manager of the season: Pulis and Poyet deserve a huge shout but its Martinez for me. I think its a shame Everton's great season has been overshadowed by Liverpool doing so well but Martinez getting them to fifth (and so close to Champions League) has been tremendous.

Team of the season: Liverpool. They've played the best football and I think changed a lot of peoples perception of them this year.

Young player of the season: Sterling for me. He's gone from a good prospect that would probably replicate Walcott and similar players to a very capable and exciting talent who should go to the World Cup and start.

Goal of the season: Kasami v Palace.

Achievement of the season: I'd go for Poyet's revival at Sunderland. Whilst Palace also did amazingly well they had a much longer time to turn it around. Sunderland looked dead and buried with half a dozen games to go.

Match of the season: Loved City vs Liverpool. Brilliant game from the best 2 footballing sides in the league and with a lovely bit of drama at the end too.

Moment of the season: This season will surely be remember for Gerrard's speech and then slip. It'll be slung out there like Keegan's rant for the next 15 years probably.

Biggest surprise of the season: United being shite? Liverpool being great? I'd just about go for the total collapse of Norwich. They looked like they had enough about them on paper to stay up but RvW didn't even start and they just capitulated under Houghton.

Best signing of the season: Bony pretty much kept Swansea safe but Fernandinho deserves the most credit I think. With Garcia, Barry or Milner next to him, Toure wouldn't have been anywhere near as influential. Fernandinho allowed him to get forward and motor on. Underrated and deserves more credit I think.

Worst signing of the season: Liverpool (whilst doing brilliantly) seem to have a knack for signing utter shite. Alberto and Aspas for a combined £14.5m looks terrible. Aspas is worse because he is 26 and just looks shite. At least Alberto could kick on in a couple of years.

Most improved player: If someone had told you last year that Jordan Henderson would be instrumental in getting Liverpool to the champions league and nearly the title I would've worried if you hadn't laughed. He's been fucking brilliant and should be an England starter this summer.

MikeHunt
May 12th, 2014, 7:02 AM
Am I the only one in thinking sterling is being slightly overrated on his performances in the last 1/4 of the season?

BBF
May 12th, 2014, 7:05 AM
Maybe its English bias but I think he's been great. Quite often when I watched him before he would wander nowhere, get muscled off the ball or just play into alleys but he's a lot stronger, intelligent and more penetrative this year I think.

Prototype16
May 12th, 2014, 7:25 AM
Player of the season: Yaya Toure - as great as Suarez has been, Toure has been immense and ultimately helped them win two trophies

Team of the season: Liverpool - played great football and their surprise title challenge is what most will remember from this season

Young player of the season: Eden Hazard

Goal of the season: Probably that one Joe Garner scored for Preston the other night

Achievement of the season: Pulis keeping Palace up

Match of the season: Liverpool 3 Man City 2

Moment of the season: Personally, Assaidi's 90th minute against Chelsea or the full time whistle blowing when we beat Man Utd. More generally I guess everyone will remember Gerrard's slip

Biggest surprise of the season: Moyes failing so spectacularly

Best signing of the season: Odemwingie - changed our season, and swapping him for Jones was a great bonus. Elsewhere, Fernandinho

Worst signing of the season: Van Wolfswinkel

Most improved player: Glenn Whelan - I doubt anyone outside Stoke has noticed, but he's been bloody brilliant since December. The best run he's ever had for us.

Best signing of the season: Arnautovic - He's bound for big things, some of the play between him, Odemwingie and Ireland has been eye-catching. Give and go football at its best.

Most improved player: Stephen Naismith probably. Shout outs to Geoff Cameron and Victor Anichebe. Thought all 3 were shite until this season and have made important contributions to their teams.

Good shout on Arnautovic - he's been great in the last few months and hopefully a lot more to come from him. Hughes signings in general have been excellent considering we've only spent 5 million. Arnie's the most exciting, Odemwingie's the most important and in the long term Muniesa could be the best of the lot and if we can figure out where to get him in the team regularly. Assaidi, Ireland and Pieters have all contributed well too - the only flop has been Guidetti

Cameron improved massively in the first half of the season but has looked increasingly dodgy defensively recently. Still adds a lot going forward though

Gary J
May 12th, 2014, 7:36 AM
Player of the season: Suarez - Followed very closely by David SilvaManager of the season: Steve Bruce - Kept up a team everyone thought would go down and has ended up taking them into Europe. He may yet win a trophy also.

Team of the season: Hull City we did far better then I thought we would admittedly it's bias on my part here. If we are going on entertainment I've enjoyed watching Liverpool.

Young player of the season: Ross Barkley

Goal of the season: Shelvey against Villa

Achievement of the season: Pulis and Palace. Hull City getting in Europe when Man Utd didn't should be mentioned too.

Match of the season: Really enjoyed the recent Liverpool Man City game.

Moment of the season: John Terry's own goal against Crytsal Palace.

Biggest surprise of the season: Man United turning shit so quickly or Chelsea seemingly throwing the title away I thought they were certs to win it before the Villa/ Palace games.

Best signing of the season: Curtis Davies (Bias again I know) I was a bit underwhelmed when we signed him as while I thought he would be a future England CB when he was at Villa he seemed to be shit after his injury. But he's been great and I think he should be going to the world cup. Shout out for James McCarthy too.

Worst signing of the season: Rocky Van Wolfswinkel - Honourable mentions for Elmander , Lamela , Soldado , Chadli , Moses and Mitrologu.

Most improved player: Jordan Henderson

Andy
May 12th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Player of the season: Yaya Toure

Manager of the season: Brendan Rodgers

Team of the season: Liverpool. 7th to 2nd is pretty spectacular regardless of the ambiguity over money spent and United's collapse.

Young player of the season: Raheem Sterling

Goal of the season: Wilshere or Kasami, too difficult to pick as they're so different.

Achievement of the season: Palace and Sunderland avoiding relegation in different ways but equally impressive.

Match of the season: Liverpool/City was good. The first Liverpool/Everton was too.

Moment of the season: Dunno how many genuinely brilliant or memorable ones there were this season. Gerrard's slip and Liverpool's collapse against Palace will be remembered for years.

Biggest surprise of the season: Palace playing good football under Pulis, United being shit, Liverpool being great.

Best signing of the season: Nobody stands out that much I don't think. Fernandinho has been quietly excellent. Lukaku or McCarthy at Everton maybe.

Worst signing of the season: Again, no stand outs but lots of pretty shit ones. Mitroglu, Aspas, van Wolfswinkle, Soldado, Fellaini all spring to mind.

Most improved player: Lots of Liverpool boys. Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho have all been great. Ramsey for us, Nasri for City.

wardy
May 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Team of the season: Liverpool

Goal of the season: Wilshere (Arsenal v Norwich)

Achievement of the season: Pulis keeping Palace up

Match of the season: Liverpool v Crystal Palace last week

Moment of the season: Countinho's goal (Liverpool v Man City)

Biggest surprise of the season: Man United being so shit

Best signing of the season: Fernandinho

Worst signing of the season: Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Most improved player: Steven Naismith

MikeHunt
May 12th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Manager of the season: Manuel Pellegrini

Team of the season: Liverpool for entertainment

Goal of the season: Rooney vs West Ham

Achievement of the season: Sunderland and Palace great escape

Match of the season: Everton vs Liverpool (3-3)

Moment of the season: The Slip

Biggest surprise of the season: Decline of Man U

Best signing of the season: James Mcarthy

Worst signing of the season: Van Wolfswinkle

Most improved player:Henderson or Azpilicueta CHenesar Azpilic

Ringo
May 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Guardian's "flop of the season" grouped some of the big money strikers bottom-half teams signed. £50m spent on Mitroglou, van Wolfswinkel, Cornelius, Altidore and Carroll (ok that last one is a bit different). 4 premier league goals between them. Glad Wilfried Bony was the exception to the rule, always liked the look of him when watching our loanees at Vitesse.

Bluemoon
May 12th, 2014, 5:54 PM
Player of the season: Gnégnéri Yaya Touré

Manager of the season: Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti

Team of the season: Manchester City

Young player of the season: Jack Christian Rodwell

Goal of the season: Yaya vs Aton Villa (4-0)

Achievement of the season: Manchester City winning two trophy's

Match of the season: Man United home 4-1, away 3-0, Arsenal home 6-3, Spurs wins home and away

Moment of the season: Vinny once again lifting the league trophy

Biggest surprise of the season: Man United actually finishing 7th the jammy twats

Best signing of the season: Martín Gastón Demichelis

Worst signing of the season: Marouane Fellaini

Most improved player: Martín Gastón Demichelis