PDA

View Full Version : KENTA leaving NOAH

Defrost
April 30th, 2014, 6:49 AM
His last match is May 17th. The big rumor is after WWE didn't take him Bryan Danielson went to the office and kept going to bat for him until they decided to hire him.

Ringo
April 30th, 2014, 7:00 AM
OOF. Big.

Not confident it would work out for him in WWE but let's see what happens. At this point most scenarios would be better than rotting in NOAH though.

Donald
April 30th, 2014, 8:14 AM
Noah! I Kenta believe this!

Cewsh
April 30th, 2014, 9:38 AM
Welp, it's been fun, NOAH. Looking forward to NJPW buying you.

LOCONUT
April 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Takeru > KENTA

Mike Skillz
April 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM

Seriously? People have been saying for 12 years that Vince is...

Wait, this isn't the TNA thread!

MikeHunt
April 30th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Takeru > KENTA

Lol

DDT
April 30th, 2014, 11:53 AM
And thus dies Pro Wrestling NOAH, widely regarded as one of, if not the, greatest wrestling promotion of the early to mid-2000's.

Hero!
April 30th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Have trouble seeing him in WWE. Hopefully the wrestling journalism is (gasp) wrong and he's actually going to NJPW.

Tainted Eclipse
April 30th, 2014, 5:42 PM
The big rumor is after WWE didn't take him Bryan Danielson went to the office and kept going to bat for him until they decided to hire him.

Hah, that'd be cool if so. Too bad all his finishers have been stolen. I don't know how WWE would work out for him but I'd be very interested to see him there. He's always been at his best against bigger guys I thought.

MikeHunt
April 30th, 2014, 5:55 PM
i believe the gts is available at the moment.

Defrost
April 30th, 2014, 8:19 PM

That's not how that works in Japan. Promotions just sorta fade into the ether.

Defrost
April 30th, 2014, 8:24 PM
From Dave Meltzer

--The WWE official response regarding KENTA is:
"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

So he's totally going to WWE reading between the lines.

JRSlim21
April 30th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Wonder if TNA tries to go for him. They apparently have money to blow on new talent. If not him, then Devitt. And not saying he has any power, but MVP working there can get in someone's ear to talk up these guys.

Cewsh
April 30th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Wonder if TNA tries to go for him. They apparently have money to blow on new talent. If not him, then Devitt. And not saying he has any power, but MVP working there can get in someone's ear to talk up these guys.

I don't think any New Japan guy would ever make the mistake of working for TNA after what they did to Tanahashi and Okada.

Defrost
May 3rd, 2014, 4:59 PM
KENTA's farewell match will be KENTAFuji vs Sugiura and Nakajima