PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Season

Andy
April 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I'm bored so I'm having a go at this. Names in bold I think are the clear choice, others I'm not so sure about.

Marshall

Coleman Cahill Mertesacker Baines

Sterling Toure Henderson Silva

Sturridge Suarez

Bench: Mannone, Terry, Flanagan, Hazard, Ramsey, Lukaku, Aguero

MMH
April 20th, 2014, 1:19 PM
Marshall

Coleman Terry Davies Flanagan

Lallana Ramsey Toure Hazard Silva

Suarez

Wanted to put in Howard for Marshall but couldnt. Midfield was really hard, could choose from about 12 of them, Gerrard, Jedinak, McCarthy etc hence going 5 in midfield. Barely anyone plays 2 up top these days anyway.

Bennedy
April 20th, 2014, 1:30 PM
Marshall

Coleman Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Lallana Toure Henderson Hazard

Suarez Sturridge

BBF
April 20th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Marshall
Coleman Cahill Davies Baines
Henderson Gerrard Toure
Hazard Sturridge Suarez

Bench: Mannone, Terry, Flanagan, Mertesacker Lallana, Sterling, Silva,

Andy
April 21st, 2014, 3:26 PM
I really don't think Hazard has been that great. He's been good, but no better than Silva, Nasri, Ramsey and maybe a couple ofothers.

Gary J
April 21st, 2014, 4:19 PM
De Gea

Coleman Cahill Davies Azpilicueta

Silva Toure Ramsey Lallana

Sturridge Suarez

Bench: Szczesny , Lovren , Flanagan , Matic , Henderson, , Hazard , Aguero

Prototype16
April 21st, 2014, 6:31 PM
De Gea

Coleman Terry Mertesacker Baines

Hazard Henderson Gerrard Toure Silva

Suarez

Subs Begovic Shawcross Fernandinho Ramsey Sterling Sturridge Aguero

RFF Champ
April 22nd, 2014, 4:32 AM
I really don't think Hazard has been that great. He's been good, but no better than Silva, Nasri, Ramsey and maybe a couple ofothers.

Hazard has maintained his form throughout the season while the other three you've mentioned will only manage about 25 league starts. If he's been as good as them but doing so for longer then he waltzes into these teams.

Nasri has had a better season than last year influencing games like the League Cup final but he couldn't get a game at the start of the season and then he missed January and February. Man City win way more with Silva than without because he's great but he missed two chunks of the season through injury.

Simon
April 24th, 2014, 5:35 AM
Begovic

Coleman - Cahill - Mertesacker - Baines

Toure - Henderson

Sterling - Suarez - Hazard

Sturridge

Romford Pele
April 24th, 2014, 6:09 AM
De Gea

Coleman - Mertesacker - Cahill - Baines

Hazard - Ramsey - Toure - Henderson

Suarez - Sturridge

Rip
April 24th, 2014, 6:51 AM
Marshall

Coleman - Cahill - Distin - Baines

Sterling - Gerrard - Toure - Henderson

Suarez - Sturridge

Subs: De Gea, Terry, Davies, Hazard, Ramsey, Remi, Aguero

I know Distin is an unusual choice, but for me this season he has been outstanding, his experience and demeanor just seem to instill confidence in everyone around him and he simply doesn't make mistakes, not spectacular I guess but an absolute rock on which to build a team.

Simon
April 24th, 2014, 6:55 AM
Yeah Distin is a decent shout. Also he is made of magic, he's been 35 since about 2007.

Rip
April 24th, 2014, 7:13 AM
I loved the guy when he played for us, he's just a really solid player, does his job and lets others do theirs.

I like centre-halves that do that, to many seem to be frustrated wingers now.

Simon
April 26th, 2014, 5:35 PM
Amy Lawrence in The Guardian went with Mannone for goalkeeper of the season, I wasn't aware he had even done well, let alone be under consideration for player of the year.

Andy
April 26th, 2014, 5:52 PM
He's been class whenever I've seen him. Fabianski will do the same next season wherever he is.

But Marshall has not only been good but seems to pull out at least one unbelievable and important save every single game.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 26th, 2014, 7:04 PM

Hazard was untouchable up until around January/February time, since then he has slowed a bit. No coincidence that Chelsea struggle to win convincingly without him. He was absolutely superb in the win at Man City, one of the most impressive performances I've seen all season. I think for a couple of months around Christmas he was the best player in the division.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 26th, 2014, 7:07 PM
I wouldn't have an Arsenal defender anywhere near this either given how many disastrous days they have had individually and collectively.

Romford Pele
April 28th, 2014, 5:17 AM
Nah, thats more the midfield given them no protection than the defence itself. Mertesacker has been excellent this season, and Gibbs has been good as well.

Having an ageing Arteta in front of you is no protection against the likes of Suarez, Sterling, Hazard etc.