PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall

Stringer Bell
April 5th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Anyone play on Xbox One? Seems like it's dead in here as far as next-gen stuff.

Morrison
April 5th, 2014, 3:35 PM
i traded in my 360 and all games/accessories the day after this came out for the titanfall xbox one bundle. my 360 didn't get much use and looking over exclusive titles, i wasn't likely to go back and really play anything, so figured why not, after watching the beta for this and really liking what i saw.

i enjoy the game a lot. it's a happy medium between COD and battlefield, i think, as far as player accessibility and skill level goes. i love the COD series, in theory. MW, MW2 and BO1 have some great memories in them, but since BO i've just played each game less and less as the community became more bloated and annoying, and my skill level was never particularly excellent to begin with. the BF series i really love, for the sheer amount of things you're able to take part in, and how you can always feel useful or powerful even if you're not killing tons of people, which is nice and breaks up the monotony of killstreaks and k/d ratios, but it can be daunting and overwhelming, especially if you don't have friends to party up with and aren't big on partying up with strangers.

titanfall is kinda middle of the road. because of the bots, which i'm a fan and supporter of, people can rack up kills and not always feel like they're just getting slaughtered at every turn like they would in COD. i really don't understand the complaints against them, to be honest, which is mostly coming from MLG-minded people, who i can't connect with anyway, so whatever. the parkour mechanics are ridiculously fun once you train yourself to not play the game like every other FPS out there. having free reign over the entire map on a vertical level really adds a cool dynamic. and then the titans themselves are pretty fun without being ridiculously overpowered. being a pilot on foot and managing to take down a titan somehow by either using your anti-titan weapon or rodeo'ing it is a great feeling, and at the same time, i don't think i've ever felt that i've been killed cheaply while in a titan. the balancing in this game is unrivaled.

a lot of people were complaining when the game first came out that it cost $60(plus a next gen system) and it's a fairly bare bones game in terms of modes and unlockables, saying it's a rip-off, etc, which i hated, especially once you play it and realize just how smooth the game play is. MW1 didn't have a ton of bells and whistles, and is largely called the best COD and the one people wish the series would harken back to, so to see people complaining that this game isn't giving you everything that COD: ghosts does is insane. clearly the sequel will amp up things as far as weapons and abilities and such, so why can't you just appreciate a game that was made to do what it does particularly well?

S.H. Styles
April 5th, 2014, 6:11 PM
I bought this the day it came out because of the reviews, played it twice, and then put it up for sale on eBay. It doesn't compare to call of duty, not even in the slightest. Its fun for a little while, but gets old and repetitive quickly.

Morrison
April 6th, 2014, 3:04 AM
I bought this the day it came out because of the reviews, played it twice, and then put it up for sale on eBay. It doesn't compare to call of duty, not even in the slightest. Its fun for a little while, but gets old and repetitive quickly.

annnnnnnnd COD doesn't?

S.H. Styles
April 6th, 2014, 11:20 PM
annnnnnnnd COD doesn't?

COD has kill streaks, new maps, new weapons, I don't know. I've played every single call of duty with my friends and we just never get bored of it. Titanfall got old after a couple of hours for us. There's one thing to do in this game, and that is to get a titan. Whereas in COD, you have helicopters, chopper gunners, guard dogs, REAPER kill streaks on maps (which is the best part about ghosts.), etc.

Stringer Bell
April 8th, 2014, 3:55 AM
That's not all you can do, though.. hell, you could conceivably play every game mode, aside from Last Titan Standing, without ever actually using a titan. I think it's pretty cool that there are so many ways to play. Is it groundbreaking? Not really. But I find I'm the opposite, I'm actually enjoying it more the more time I put into it. Plus, what else is out that looks this amazing graphically right now?

Grimario
April 8th, 2014, 4:57 AM
Outside

The Rogerer
April 8th, 2014, 8:08 AM
Nobody else is going to admit to having an Xbox One

:shifty:

Clerk
April 8th, 2014, 8:13 AM
I'm going to be getting an Xbox1 soon but i wont be getting TitanFail lol so much hype for basically a remake of crysis

son_of_foley
April 8th, 2014, 8:39 AM
I'm going to be getting an Xbox1 soon but i wont be getting TitanFail lol so much hype for basically a remake of crysis

lol

son_of_foley
April 8th, 2014, 8:39 AM
titanlol

The Rogerer
April 8th, 2014, 9:02 AM
Halo Reacharound

Stringer Bell
April 9th, 2014, 1:01 AM
Nobody else is going to admit to having an Xbox One

:shifty:

Link me to the PS4 discussion please.

Seriously though, are these video game forums that dead? Sounds like some people have the new systems, but there's just no discussion.

Morrison
April 9th, 2014, 1:10 AM
i'd say not a whole lot have upgraded yet and there really hasn't been too many exclusives worth talking about yet. titanfall and infamous: second son are about it.

Miotch
April 9th, 2014, 4:13 AM
Peggle 2 is the shit.

Clerk
April 9th, 2014, 8:17 AM
lolol i remember these respawn fanboys saying that TitanFail will take over and Call of Duty will be done lololol. Look at them puppets now dancing trying to defend there purchase... Let's sing a song. "Just dance put on you're sad face and dance to the blues, You say sales and i laugh at you even though it's true" lololol

Clerk
April 9th, 2014, 9:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejD-zuY3FFI

Kdestiny
April 10th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I rented this for 360 and I must say it's pretty fun so far, hopefully I get some more time with it

when I first saw videos for it I didn't think it'd amount to much, but I was wrong.