PDA

View Full Version : ROH vs NJPW

Defrost
February 22nd, 2014, 5:05 PM
May 10th and 17th in Toronto and New York City. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, KUSHIDA, Jado, Gedo, and Jushin Liger are coming.

So who do we want to see from ROH up against these guys? Or do you just do Tanahashi vs Okada in America?

Brian M.
February 22nd, 2014, 5:07 PM
I haven't tuned into ROH in years, and I've never watched a full NJPW show. However, this is intriguing enough for me to check it out, and perhaps get more into one or both companies.

More likely get into NJPW judging by the reaction to recent shows.

Defrost
February 22nd, 2014, 5:10 PM
Also lets hope New Japan handles the ippv

Tainted Eclipse
February 22nd, 2014, 5:11 PM
They'd be silly not to do Tanahashi/Okada unless New Japan didn't like putting their marquee match on some US indie show. Pretty lame that they won't run Philadelphia. I'd definitely go to that but don't care enough to get up to NY.

Ringo
February 22nd, 2014, 6:11 PM
This is basically WWF vs. Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Let's just have Tanahashi/Okada, WCTT/Liger & KUSHIDA and Nakamura beating the hell out of and then pissing all over that girly prick Adam Cole.

Tainted Eclipse
February 22nd, 2014, 6:47 PM
What are some ROH vs. NJPW match ups that would be at all appealing? Is London still any good? Jacobs? There's probably a good Chris Hero match in there, maybe v. Ishii. Can AJ still go?

JRSlim21
February 23rd, 2014, 1:30 PM
Who do you place Steen against?

Matthew
February 23rd, 2014, 1:51 PM
jenny craig

Mills
February 23rd, 2014, 4:27 PM
A treadmill with a stick with a Twinkie at the end for him to chase

Psycho666Soldier
February 23rd, 2014, 6:07 PM
All I know is I want Tomasso Ciampa vs. Makabe, or Nakamura, or...anyone, really. I just want Ciampa vs. someone from NJPW.

Psycho666Soldier
February 23rd, 2014, 6:08 PM
ACH vs. like Ibushi or Kushida could be awesome, too.

Ringo
February 23rd, 2014, 6:14 PM
Ciampa/Nakamura could be pretty great actually. Forgot about Ciampa. He's the man.

Defrost
February 23rd, 2014, 7:36 PM
Bryan Alverez is reporting that there will be 8 Japanese wrestlers, Karl Anderson, the Forever Hooligans, the Young Bucks, and maybe Alex Shelley

Defrost
February 24th, 2014, 2:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azptCGFyEP8

Beer-Belly
February 24th, 2014, 6:58 PM
Nakamura beating the hell out of and then pissing all over that girly prick Adam Cole.Adam Cole would make all of Japan suck his dick.

OD50
February 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Too bad Shibata isn't coming, would have loved to see him and Ciampa throw down.

Cewsh
February 25th, 2014, 1:40 PM
For the record, tickets to Border Wars have been on sale since November and only the first row had been sold. 2 days later and you can't get a ticket in the first 5 rows. Not bad.

OD50
February 25th, 2014, 3:09 PM
So both Shelley and Kushida could be there? Maybe something like Time Splitters/Red Dragon then..

Cewsh
February 25th, 2014, 3:15 PM
Timesplitters/Forever Hooligans makes more sense, since they could wrestle that match in their sleep.

OD50
February 25th, 2014, 3:20 PM
Well, I was thinking along the lines of ROH vs.New Japan, but I'll take it.

Cewsh
February 25th, 2014, 4:36 PM
Well they're calling the shows Global Wars and War of the Worlds, but I haven't seen anything that actually makes it clear that this is actually a ROH vs. NJPW themed event.

DDT
February 25th, 2014, 6:09 PM
While true, they would be insane to not have their own work with the New Japan crew, unless they pull a Misawa and only want to wrestle New Japan talent.

McBain
February 26th, 2014, 3:05 AM
Also intrigued by this, hopefully get hold of some of it when the time comes.

Tainted Eclipse
March 20th, 2014, 7:12 PM
The IWGP Heavyweight Title will be defended at the NY show against the winner of Elgin/Steen.

Psycho666Soldier
March 20th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Hope it's Elgin. He'd mesh better with the Japanese style, I think, and it'd be nice to see him be taught how to really do that strong style shit. Though, it would be interesting to see what Steen and Okada could pull off.

Defrost
March 20th, 2014, 7:54 PM
I would not assume Okada will still be champion when this show comes around

OD50
March 21st, 2014, 2:36 PM
Hoping for Elgin too.

StoneColdWWE316
March 21st, 2014, 2:46 PM
Elgin needs a big win. He just seems to be floating around lately since the Tournament last year for the ROH Title.

I am kinda excited to see the New Japan guys on ROH TV. As someone who doesn't follow Japanese Wrestling at all.

Defrost
March 24th, 2014, 6:48 PM
All the NJPW guys are working Border City Wrestling the night before the first show

Nash Diesel
March 25th, 2014, 1:14 PM
Elgin needs a big win. He just seems to be floating around lately since the Tournament last year for the ROH Title.

I am kinda excited to see the New Japan guys on ROH TV. As someone who doesn't follow Japanese Wrestling at all.

I agree with both. Elgin's still in the mix for the title, but with Hero and Styles returning and those 2 being way more marketable and entertaining than Elgin, he's going to wait it out. Has he worked a program with Bennett? More Maria Kanellis please.

Definitely excited to see some NJPW talent in RoH and I like the idea of Elgin/Steen v. IWGP champion. Pulling for Steen, love that fat guy.

Cewsh
March 26th, 2014, 6:13 PM
By the way, a Cewsh Reviews reader just got in contact with me and is trying to get rid of two 4th row tickets to the Toronto show. If there's any interest, PM me, and i'll get you in contact with the guy.

StoneColdWWE316
March 27th, 2014, 12:39 AM
I agree with both. Elgin's still in the mix for the title, but with Hero and Styles returning and those 2 being way more marketable and entertaining than Elgin, he's going to wait it out. Has he worked a program with Bennett? More Maria Kanellis please.

Definitely excited to see some NJPW talent in RoH and I like the idea of Elgin/Steen v. IWGP champion. Pulling for Steen, love that fat guy.

Yes more Maria,she is so HOT!

I watched the Cole/Hero Match from the 12th Anniversary and while I like Adam Cole I just could not get into the Match. I guess im just not that wild about Chris Hero.

Elign still being in the Title mix is good and I like his alliance with Hanson & Rowe.

OD50
March 27th, 2014, 4:31 AM
Well they're calling the shows Global Wars and War of the Worlds, but I haven't seen anything that actually makes it clear that this is actually a ROH vs. NJPW themed event.

http://i59.tinypic.com/o5qg45.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/n6ss9g.jpg

Definitely seems to be confirmed now. :yes:

Cewsh
March 27th, 2014, 9:42 AM
Awesome. :hyper:

Nash Diesel
March 27th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Yes more Maria,she is so HOT!

I watched the Cole/Hero Match from the 12th Anniversary and while I like Adam Cole I just could not get into the Match. I guess im just not that wild about Chris Hero.

Elign still being in the Title mix is good and I like his alliance with Hanson & Rowe.

I'm trying to get all caught up on ROH tv and I just watched that match last night. I'll say this...Adam Cole, good worker, but I don't like him as the World champion. I think there are better wrestlers that could be champion. Chris Hero is one of them. I'm hoping he gets the strap soon or Jay Briscoe gets it back and has a real run with the belt. Idk if Elgin and his Anakin Skywalker delivery and his 1985 bouncer haircut, idk if the time will come when he will be given the strap. He puts on good matches but he lacks charisma both in promo and match-wise. The one thing I didn't like about Cole v. Hero is that Hero beat the living shit out of Cole 90% of the match and all it took was 3 of those german suplexes to put out Hero. And Hero sold that shit like he was beaten down by the entire roster lol.

Who doesn't like Hanson? That dude is a bad mofo.

You know who else I'm not really a fan of? Jay Lethal. Again, here's a guy with an incredible upside when it comes to what he does in the ring, but other than the brief feud he had with Steen, it's just hard to listen to the guy. It all sounds incredibly forced, which is probably why he was so much better as Black Machismo in TNA than "Serious" Jay Lethal.

Thomaso and Silas Young are 2 of my top favorites that aren't old school ROH cats like Steen and Hero. Thomaso could be World champ in 2015.

OD50
March 27th, 2014, 4:10 PM
Elgin's mullet/bald spot combo isn't all that hot.

Cewsh
March 27th, 2014, 4:17 PM
In his defense, he still managed to land the only woman in the world who is both a successful wrestler and biochemist, and who happens to look like this:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/89/3455a2cbbeb949ceba0c984ee18b4e67/l.jpg

OD50
March 27th, 2014, 4:24 PM
I bet he's a real teddy bear.

Cewsh
March 27th, 2014, 4:29 PM
I was making fun of his hair on Twitter awhile back and he actually responded and had a great sense of humor.

Nash Diesel
March 27th, 2014, 4:30 PM
Who's his woman, left or right?

Cewsh
March 27th, 2014, 4:31 PM
Right. He's married to MsChif. The other one is Cheerleader Melissa.

Nash Diesel
March 27th, 2014, 4:31 PM
I was making fun of his hair on Twitter awhile back and he actually responded and had a great sense of humor.

He seems like a cool guy. I think he purposely has his hair like that. The looks of the 80's are coming back full circle.

Nash Diesel
March 27th, 2014, 4:33 PM
Right. He's married to MsChif. The other one is Cheerleader Melissa.

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure who that was on the left, love me some Melissa.

Defrost
March 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/104-ring-of-honor/36147-roh-inks-deal-with-ustream

Ring of Honor announced this morning a deal with Ustream, which handles the iPPV for New Japan Pro Wrestling, to do both the 5/10 Global Wars show from Toronto and the 5/17 War of the Worlds show from the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan.

Both shows will feature ROH talent and the biggest stars from New Japan Pro Wrestling including Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson, Jushin Liger and The Young Bucks.

Both shows will be priced at $14.95

The Toronto show will air at 7:30 p.m. Eastern and 4:30 p.m. Pacific. The New York show will air at 7:30 p.m Eastern and 4:30 p.m. Pacific.

They will also be available for immediate replays.

Defrost
April 23rd, 2014, 6:01 PM
Matches

ROH & NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING PRESENT: GLOBAL WARS
SATURDAY, MAY 10TH, 2014
TED REEVE ARENA - TORONTO, ON CANADA

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING**

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**On 5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

Also Signed To Appear
Mark & Jay Briscoe
Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Tadarius Thomas
ACH
Cedric Alexander

ROH & NJPW Present: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 – 7:30PM
The Hammerstein Ballroom – New York City

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

It will certainly be a historic contest as ROH’s top wrestler defends his World Championship against the legendary Jushin Liger. Will Liger change the international landscape of professional wrestling by becoming the ROH World Champion? Or will Adam Cole/Kevin Steen walk out of New York with the gold and add this huge win to their list of accomplishments?

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

Elgin earned his IWGP Heavyweight Championship opportunity by defeated Kevin Steen at Supercard of Honor 8. With Elgin obsessed on winning World Championships, will his New Japan dream finally come true? Or can Okada defend his gold on American soil?

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

The Young Bucks shocked fans by capturing the ROH World Tag Championships from reDRagon a few months ago. reDRagon has already earned their championship rematch and looks for redemption against the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team and ROH World Tag Team Champion Young Bucks. reDRagon has been ruthless in the ring since losing the gold. Will they get back the championships that they held for the better part of last year? Or will The Young Bucks prove that what happened a few months back was not an upset or fluke?

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

The Briscoes are 8 time ROH World Tag Team Champions. Can they add the IWGP World Tag Team Titles to their list of accomplishments? Or will the big man tag team of Anderson and Gallows retain?

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear

Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
ACH (ROH)
Matt Taven (ROH)
Cedric Alexander (ROH)
Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
Silas Young (ROH)
Caprice Coleman (ROH)

Tainted Eclipse
April 23rd, 2014, 6:24 PM
new york card looks good. fuck roh for not running a card in philadelphia.

Cewsh
April 23rd, 2014, 6:27 PM
On one hand, it's ridiculously shitty of them to promote this as "ROH vs. NJPW" when only one of these two shows is that at all.

On the other hand, I couldn't care less about ROH's talent, so i'm pumped that the show i'm going to has Tanahashi vs. Nakamura and Okada vs. Styles.

DDT
April 23rd, 2014, 6:48 PM
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Michael Bennett

..... :rofl:

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2014, 7:41 PM
But Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Adam Cole sounds pretty baller.

Where's Shibata?

Defrost
April 23rd, 2014, 8:54 PM
Shibata is not under contract to NJPW. Same reason for no Sakuraba and no Minoru Suzuki.

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2014, 9:05 PM
Does Shibata just have a handshake agreement with them?

Defrost
April 23rd, 2014, 9:43 PM
More or less NJPW is the only company that can afford so many dates on him

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2014, 9:45 PM
Christ, is he really that expensive?

Defrost
April 23rd, 2014, 10:18 PM
It is more that everyone else is broke

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2014, 10:21 PM
I'll pass that along to WWE then.

Cewsh
April 23rd, 2014, 11:04 PM
Those guys are freelancers, so they work dates whenever people can pay them and can work in any company they choose. Wrestling mercenaries.

Nash Diesel
April 24th, 2014, 3:26 PM
..... :rofl:

Yeah out of all the matches I was like, how did they come up with that? That's like if there was a WWE v. TNA and they did Cena v. Xima Ion.

Caito
April 24th, 2014, 3:37 PM
Might be the best place to ask this question. If I wanted to start watching some Japanese wrestling like NJPW, how would I go about doing so? Already planning on watching a bit of ROH, just looking to watch more than just WWE, as TNA generally renders me to tears, and not in a good way.

Ringo
April 24th, 2014, 4:24 PM
Pay for the iPPVs when they air (http://www.ustream.tv/njpw), join a wrestling torrent tracker like XWT/PWT (pretty sure I have invites) and download the shows or simply watch them when they get put up on dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/wrestlingcity, http://www.dailymotion.com/JAHMAL1111, http://www.dailymotion.com/original_bonski)

Cewsh
April 24th, 2014, 4:29 PM
Start with this year ' s Wrestle Kingdom.

Ringo
April 24th, 2014, 5:15 PM
ROH vs. Japan, then and now:

http://i.imgur.com/MXk4ACj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HZgtyZJ.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/qcVplgd.png

Poor Roddy Strong. At least the Briscoes have beards now.

Nash Diesel
April 24th, 2014, 5:39 PM
Might be the best place to ask this question. If I wanted to start watching some Japanese wrestling like NJPW, how would I go about doing so? Already planning on watching a bit of ROH, just looking to watch more than just WWE, as TNA generally renders me to tears, and not in a good way.

You know I'm not as well versed in this area but I would also suggest checking out Japanese pro wrestling from the 90's, especially involving Shinya Hashimoto, Kenta Kobashi, Misawa, Vader had some really good stuff in Japan, so did Road Warriors, Dr. Death, and Stan Hansen, and the death match federations like FMW and Big Japan. I don't really follow it today because back in the late 80's into the 90's I would read the shit out of PWI and other wrestling mags since ordering these events on VHS would cost an arm and a leg, but with youtube it was pretty easy to go back and watch what I had read about for years.

JRSlim21
April 24th, 2014, 8:46 PM
That Jack Evans photo looks ridiculous.

I'm shocked that guy hasn't been seen more in the States outside of his TNA appearances. For all of the spotty wrestlers out there, I always rated him a bit better than most.

Panther52
April 24th, 2014, 10:07 PM
You know I'm not as well versed in this area but I would also suggest checking out Japanese pro wrestling from the 90's, especially involving Shinya Hashimoto, Kenta Kobashi, Misawa, Vader had some really good stuff in Japan, so did Road Warriors, Dr. Death, and Stan Hansen, and the death match federations like FMW and Big Japan. I don't really follow it today because back in the late 80's into the 90's I would read the shit out of PWI and other wrestling mags since ordering these events on VHS would cost an arm and a leg, but with youtube it was pretty easy to go back and watch what I had read about for years.

great suggestions. I'd also say if he's into realistic shootstyle matches to check out UWF, UWFi, Kingdom and early Rings before they went legit.

Cewsh
April 24th, 2014, 10:41 PM
ROH vs. Japan, then and now:

http://i.imgur.com/MXk4ACj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HZgtyZJ.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/qcVplgd.png

Poor Roddy Strong. At least the Briscoes have beards now.

It's so sad how all of the RH guys look like total nobodies in these pictures.

Hero!
April 24th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Just start watching current NJPW. It's fucking brilliant and literally the best promotion in the world right now, wrestling wise. I'd recommend starting with the G1 climax 2013, as it's about 20 hours long and showcases everyone and everything in NJPW at their best. 2 or 3 genuine ***** matches from this last.

Basically anything with the names Tanahashi, Okada, Devitt, Naito, or Nakamura on it is guaranteed to be awesome.

DDT
April 25th, 2014, 12:15 AM
A-HEM!!!!

http://img.njpw.jp/mobile/show_news_icon.php?nosize=1&di=1&f=fighter_art/099.jpg

Ringo
April 25th, 2014, 4:30 AM
ISHII CRUSH.

Defrost
May 3rd, 2014, 5:13 PM
Rumor has it the they might be adding Okada to Tanahashi vs Bennett

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 8:48 PM
man is ROH boring

the three way junior tag match was fun though

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 8:49 PM
Roddy Strong is as sleep inducing as ever

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 8:54 PM
As opposed to the adrenaline shot that the rest of the ROH roster are?

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 8:55 PM
The fact Jimmy Jacobs still exists stunned me

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 8:57 PM
Anybody else watching this Kevin Steen promo to Mmmmmmmmmmbop and Jitterbug? Cause I am, and it has improved the experience immensely.

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 8:58 PM
It is a thriller

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 8:59 PM
The fact Jimmy Jacobs still exists stunned me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh3Qmjxvr4A

he should be roh world champion by now

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 8:59 PM
It is a thriller

You too, huh?

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:02 PM
You too, huh?

You think I was gonna pay for this knowing ROH's iPPV track record?

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:03 PM
You think I was going to pay for this knowing it was ROH, period?

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:04 PM
I paid Jersey All Pro money once to see New Japan guys

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:11 PM
RD Evans seems like the poorest man lowest rent Christian clone ever

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:11 PM
MY CLIENT this guy

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:12 PM
I love RD Evans.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:12 PM
RD Evans seems like the poorest man lowest rent Christian clone ever

You fucking take that back.

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:13 PM
haha, this guy is the best thing in roh

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:14 PM
Match of the Year.

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:14 PM
You fucking take that back.

I take it back. That was really entertaining.

Mills
May 10th, 2014, 9:17 PM
I'll always have a soft spot for Jimmy Jacobs. That little midget has always captivated me

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:22 PM
I dislike this crowd

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:24 PM
This commentary is awful. Like legit the pits. PWG's joke commentary shits all over this.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:29 PM
Between the crowd and the commentary this match is fucking ruined.

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:32 PM
Could they have been any more bored sounding on commentary?

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:32 PM
yeah what the hell was with that commentary. awful. the crowd was odd, surprised how little they cared for tanahashi. liger is still over as fuck though which is nice.

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:33 PM
who is this Dan Severn looking mother fucker

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:34 PM
i care absolutely 0% for any of the ROH stuff in this show. how did it get so bad.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:34 PM
They were probably shocked that the match didn't start with flips and dives. Fuck did they even call a single move during that whole debacle, save the last five minutes? Oh God it's Silas Young; he makes Roderick Strong look like Steve Austin.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:41 PM
Is Steve Corino doing this "crash and burn" shit ironically, or is he just an idiot?

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:45 PM
Is Steve Corino doing this "crash and burn" shit ironically, or is he just an idiot?

even gabe's "dangerous" is better than this

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:46 PM
That was not good.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:53 PM
I am begging you; call the fucking match.

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:53 PM
oof elgin trying to put a sentence together

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 9:54 PM
And this is why English commentary on NJPW is a horrible fucking notion

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 9:58 PM
Am I supposed to be impressed that these two can read Wikipedia on their iPhones? Because I'm not.

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 9:59 PM
my god elgin should never talk ever

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Okada just hit the most beautiful elbow drop in wrestling. They're talking about Michael Elgin.

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 10:04 PM
man i would be pissed if i bought a ticket to this show. no boma ye, no rainmaker.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 10:05 PM
So, now we know three things:

1.) Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino can read Wikipedia articles

2.) Michael Elgin can't string a two sentences together.

3.) ROH commentary is the single worst commentary in existence.

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
i mean, giving plenty of background info on the njpw guys is fine and all. but they just didnt pay any attention to the matches. it didnt at all sound like they gave a shit about what was going on in the ring. which is really weird to see from ROH.

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 10:10 PM
MOUNT RUSHMORE EXPLODES!!!

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Oh sure, NOW they call the fucking match....

Defrost
May 10th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Kelly does seem to be acting put upon dealing with the New Japan guys

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM
They couldn't even call a figure four on the ring post. Fuck Kevin Kelly and fuck Steve Corino.

Tainted Eclipse
May 10th, 2014, 10:44 PM
well i hope the new york show is better

DDT
May 10th, 2014, 11:17 PM
It could hardly be worse.

Brian M.
May 11th, 2014, 1:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh3Qmjxvr4A

he should be roh world champion by now

It's amazing that I remember this entire video and most of the lyrics. ROH 2005-2007 was some of the most fun I've ever had watching wrestling. It...it doesn't sound like I'm missing much by no longer following along.

MikeHunt
May 11th, 2014, 3:29 AM
And this is why English commentary on NJPW is a horrible fucking notion

Not really it expands their promotion to a further audience.

I like jap wrestling but Christ I would love it if I knew properly what was going on with a bit of English translations and commentary. It's like watching a French film with the subtitles partially obscured for me. Absolutely pointless.

Cewsh
May 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I was at the show. Most of the ROH stuff was pretty bad and the crowd was cringeworthy, but the NJPW matches were well worth it, and I met Tanahashi, so I am a happy clam.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Pretty excited for tonight's show I guess. Has to be better than last week. I really hope Liger wins the ROH Title. ROH would actually be stupid not to have him win if NJPW would agree to it. Would instantly generate more interest in ROH than there's been in years.

Defrost
May 17th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Meltzer says they have a really cool idea for Okada tonight

StoneColdWWE316
May 17th, 2014, 4:04 PM
Anybody know if tonight's is being streamed anywhere else besides UStream?

OD50
May 17th, 2014, 5:09 PM
Really looking forward to this show.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 7:41 PM
Surely the first time a major Japanese promotion has had its world title in a triple threat?

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 7:42 PM
Man I wish I went now.

Defrost
May 17th, 2014, 7:45 PM
Surely the first time a major Japanese promotion has had its world title in a triple threat?

Brock Lesnar won the IWGP Title in a three way

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 7:47 PM
does anyone have a WINKWINKLINKWINK to watch this? PM me plz thx

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 7:56 PM
Fun opener. Good crowd.

Brock Lesnar won the IWGP Title in a three way
oh yeah, i remember that now. dang.

Defrost
May 17th, 2014, 8:03 PM
does anyone have a WINKWINKLINKWINK to watch this? PM me plz thx

PMs are full

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:07 PM
PMs are full

Never fear, TE hooked me up. Thx anyway, amigo!

what did I miss before the tag match?

ROH commentary is really, really bad these days.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 8:07 PM
Never fear, TE hooked me up. Thx anyway, amigo!

what did I miss before the tag match?

ROH commentary is really, really bad these days.

They just don't sound like they give a shit. And to think people gave Gabe shit for being TOO enthusiastic back in the day. Give me Gabe at his most obnoxious over these two any day.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:09 PM
I might be crazy, but I always like Gabe on commentary. Knowledgable, easily excitable, and gave it his all even with a stupid voice.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:24 PM
stream died blehhhhhh

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:31 PM
anyone plz halp

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 8:40 PM
its back

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:52 PM
yes indeed thank fuck. Nakamura needs to BOMA YE steen's fat face off.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 8:59 PM
I liked that match but it didn't really knock my socks off or anything. The one count at the end was terrible. Came across as a parody of NJPW rather than a tribute to it. The standing Boma Ye afterward ruled though.

This commentary is horrendous. RAW-level.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 8:59 PM
I didnt watch global wars. do the commentators knows anything about the NJPW guys? They literally have no idea who Nakamura is outside of the first paragraph of his wikipedia page,

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 9:00 PM
Corino I would imagine knows them rather well.

Defrost
May 17th, 2014, 9:02 PM
Steen is going to WWE I guess

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 9:06 PM
yeah, i think that's what steen was hinting at, but he didn't really say it, which irks me. If you're out, you're out...just say it.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 9:09 PM
That was an acceptable angle. Silas just walking away from the carnage of Steen's dive was cool.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 9:29 PM
"The girls love Tanahashi..ever since he was bludgeoned with a knife...good thing he didn't die.

bennett is also from boston, which new york people don't like"

who the fuck comes up with this shit.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 9:32 PM
Man why are they giving Tanahashi such a nothing match? I guess he needs to be fresh to get the shit kicked out of him by Shibata next week.

Beer-Belly
May 17th, 2014, 9:36 PM
It's been said several times already, but this commentary is the drizzling shits.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 9:40 PM
Michael Bennett is not very good.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 9:41 PM
Sort of boring match. Apron spot was crazy though.

Beer-Belly
May 17th, 2014, 9:46 PM
Two pro wrestlers who fancy themselves MMA fighters. That shit is obnoxious. THEY'VE TRAINED EXTENSIVELY, GUYS.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 9:58 PM
I actually liked that a good bit for a mindless action type match but they really went overboard with the kickouts in the last two minutes or so.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 9:59 PM
roh guys must be invincible they kick out of everything!!

Now, here's my booking gripe here: the rest of the bullet club is there tonight. Why did none of them run in on behalf of the young bucks if red dragon had help of their own? It literally makes NO sense for the bullet club to not to interfere. Guess ROH wanted their belts back.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:00 PM
THIS is why i'm watching. JUSHIN THUNDER FUCKING LIGER :hyper:

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:03 PM
LIGER.

Although what the hell, less of a pop for him than last week.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Can Ligee please win so ROH can have a real champion for the first time since Bryan thx.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Shitty crowd. Liger should have won. Fuck ROH.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Liger...tapped...to that? Who the fuck is booking this shit, TNA?

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Oh man Adam cole is SUCH A HEEL omg

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Michael Elgin does not look "unbreakable", he looks like a meatball in a vest.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:30 PM
michael elgin is the perfect WWF 1993 jobber.

Beer-Belly
May 17th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Boooooooooooo.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:44 PM
My God that crowd was fucking terrible.

I liked the main event. This was a good show overall but didn't make ROH look any good. They had some good exposure these past two shows to convince people their product is still worth watching. Well, yeah.

Defrost
May 17th, 2014, 10:45 PM
meh show

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Nice to see that this company is even worse than when I last watched back in September. Awesome.

OOOOOO Bad Influence, hellllllo. Nice job censoring that Kazamania shirt lawl.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:47 PM
What happened to ROH crowds? With a sell out you'd think there are enough people there who give a shit about NJPW to, you know, give a shit.

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
According to Cewsh, when he was there last week none of the ROH fans cared about New Japan and vice versa. Basically half the crowd would be tuned out at a time. You think with a mixing of the two this week the crowd would be HOTTTT

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM
According to Cewsh, when he was there last week none of the ROH fans cared about New Japan and vice versa.

That's crazy. If ROH's crowd no longer consists of tape watching smarks, who the hell are they?

Hero!
May 17th, 2014, 11:06 PM
The kinds of people who watch CZW, I reckon.

Tainted Eclipse
May 17th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Well, one thing this show did do was make me want to watch some classic ROH. I think I'll watch Final Battle 2006.

Cewsh
May 17th, 2014, 11:26 PM
That's crazy. If ROH's crowd no longer consists of tape watching smarks, who the hell are they?

I thought that the audience would be roughly the same as it was when I went to see Kobashi a bunch of years ago. I couldn't have been more wrong. The place was full of drunk, rowdy dickheads that you would expect to see at XTREME RISING or some shit like that. And that was Toronto. I can only imagine how much worse it was in New York.

StoneColdWWE316
May 17th, 2014, 11:37 PM
So I take it nobody liked tonight's? I haven't seen it but judging by the reactions here.

Personally ive just gotten into ROH in the last year or so and maybe only seen a handful of classic ROH stuff. I kinda enjoy them.

ysanthl
May 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I thought that the audience would be roughly the same as it was when I went to see Kobashi a bunch of years ago. I couldn't have been more wrong. The place was full of drunk, rowdy dickheads that you would expect to see at XTREME RISING or some shit like that. And that was Toronto. I can only imagine how much worse it was in New York.

Where did you sit Cewsh? I didn't have one problem with any drunk people.

Nash Diesel
May 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM
The review I read made it seem like the crowd was very hot for all talent and they were some great performances. Ill be buying the dvd for sure.

Hero!
May 18th, 2014, 1:31 PM
Noooooo, the crowd was dead as hell. The main event was damn near silent.

Cewsh
May 18th, 2014, 4:29 PM
Where did you sit Cewsh? I didn't have one problem with any drunk people.

Second row, on the side where you enter the floor area. At the corner where Ciampa fell over the guardrail.

I'm charitably assuming they were drunk. The alternative is depressing.

ysanthl
May 18th, 2014, 7:35 PM
Second row, on the side where you enter the floor area. At the corner where Ciampa fell over the guardrail.

I'm charitably assuming they were drunk. The alternative is depressing.

Ah got ya. yeah aside from entering and exiting i was never over there. I sat near the aisleway to the ring and aside from some lady yelling for everyone to sit down, during the wrestlers enterances of all things. Me and my wife had a pretty good experience. It sucks that drunk people or stupid people had to ruin stuff for you. I could be thinking of someone else on here. But don't you live in Ohio?

Hero!
May 18th, 2014, 8:26 PM
He thought driving to Toronto was closer than driving to New York :lol:

DDT
May 18th, 2014, 10:15 PM
To be fair, New York sucks; couldn't pay me enough to drive there, especially with their nutball traffic.

StoneColdWWE316
May 18th, 2014, 10:23 PM
From most of the accounts that ive read and heard they've said the NY Crowd was pretty into it most of the Show.

Big
May 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
To be fair, New York sucks; couldn't pay me enough to drive there, especially with their nutball traffic.

Traffic blows here, but the parking is infinitely worse.

Cewsh
May 19th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Ah got ya. yeah aside from entering and exiting i was never over there. I sat near the aisleway to the ring and aside from some lady yelling for everyone to sit down, during the wrestlers enterances of all things. Me and my wife had a pretty good experience. It sucks that drunk people or stupid people had to ruin stuff for you. I could be thinking of someone else on here. But don't you live in Ohio?

Yep, northwest Ohio, near the border with Michigan. And yeah it seemed like your section was way more into the show. My whole half of the crowd were just heckling dickbags.

With that said, though, I had an amazing time. All I cared about was the New Japan guys. If ROH has bad fans, it doesn't affect me.

He thought driving to Toronto was closer than driving to New York :lol:

I don't understand geography.

Tainted Eclipse
May 19th, 2014, 8:01 AM
Toronto IS closer to Northwest Ohio than New York.

Hero!
May 19th, 2014, 10:40 AM
It was about the same driving time, appaz.

MikeHunt
May 19th, 2014, 12:03 PM
just watched this and having little to no knowledge of njpw and i haven't kept up with roh in years.

i thought the show was great. loved the steen match and the main event. this made me remember how much i want to see the brisco's in wwe.

is that the end of steen and roh? is he jumping over to wwe?

also is silas young actually related to stan hansen?

Beer-Belly
May 19th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yeah, he's Hansen's nephew.

Nash Diesel
May 19th, 2014, 1:30 PM
just watched this and having little to no knowledge of njpw and i haven't kept up with roh in years.

i thought the show was great. loved the steen match and the main event. this made me remember how much i want to see the brisco's in wwe.

I would love to see Kevin Steen in WWE but to me it felt like he was going to do a swan song so to speak but is now going to work with another talent nobody really gives a shit about. You never know though, he just might be leaving RoH and is going to help put over a couple people first.

LarryLuv
May 19th, 2014, 3:27 PM

They would have been and probably would have been NXT Tag Champs right now if Jay hadn't gone on a homophobic rant on Twitter right before they were going to be signed.

And yeah, supposedly Steen is reporting to developmental in June. I think his last booking is the PWG show.