February 4th, 2014, 2:52 AM
http://static.tumblr.com/3spmlbo/Iemm9juxa/green.jpg
Seahwaks have a title to defend, lets talk 2014

Fro
February 4th, 2014, 9:10 AM
I agree with your conclusion but the rest is a little all over the place

Mills
February 4th, 2014, 9:43 AM
Yeah, not sure why this happened, can this get deleted?

virms
February 4th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Edit the dawn thing mills. This isn't mafia so you aren't going to get modkilled.

or are you :chin:

but I do like your impression of manning there. Definitely choked that post.

Fro
February 4th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I think I can finally see the Matrix

virms
February 4th, 2014, 12:38 PM
i can see it too.plain as day.

bears super bowl champs 2015

Pablo Diablo
February 4th, 2014, 2:37 PM
Weird, I saw that post this morning and it was fine.

Fro
February 4th, 2014, 3:14 PM
Shouldn't have taken the red pill

Fro
February 4th, 2014, 4:30 PM
By this time next year, Tom Brady will have his 4th ring and Bill Belichick will have his 6th. Quote me.

Pablo Diablo
February 4th, 2014, 4:44 PM
At least you left it on Page 1 for us so easy to find.

Fro
February 4th, 2014, 5:21 PM
You know what's funny is Mills made 2 threads, this one and one where the image actually worked. I responded to this one just to make fun of it, and he asked to have it deleted, and someone deleted the other one instead. Brilliant work to the mod who did that. And I hope you don't edit it, either. :hic:

Mills
February 5th, 2014, 1:23 AM
I edited it assholes :lol:, embrace the green!

Pipkin
February 5th, 2014, 2:30 AM
Bad news guys, a windstorm ripped through town today and a couple of the clips I have my 12th Man flag hanging from broke and I had to temporarily take it down until I can get some more. It's awful. A 3' by 5' piece of fabric representing the Super Bowl Champions deserves better.

Mills
February 5th, 2014, 3:12 AM
I stapled it to my deck

virms
February 5th, 2014, 5:22 AM
I stapled it to my dick

Why? Christ.

The Rick
February 5th, 2014, 7:41 PM
Wanted to see if a 3'X5' flag could fit on a 4" pole? :dunno:

Pipkin
February 5th, 2014, 7:55 PM
The flag is back up. I went with "heavy duty" zip ties, but I accidentally broke one while putting the thing up so I think I might have been ripped off.

Bandit
February 11th, 2014, 1:08 AM
packers over broncos superbowl next yr

-edit- everyone make your picks now on page 1... anything after page 1 won't count ;)

Mills
February 11th, 2014, 1:53 AM
Seahawks over Pats, dynasty talks will continue...

Fro
February 11th, 2014, 9:29 AM
I don't think dynasty talks can legally start until 2 titles are in hand

Kdestiny
February 11th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I'm saying 49ers over Patriots.

Bandit
February 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
49ers are the early 90s bills (i hope)

Tyson
February 11th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Seahawks over Pats, dynasty talks will continue...

One title makes a dynasty? Since when?

Kdestiny
February 11th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Since the Green Bay Packers won the first SB?

I'm not sure

TimeSplitter
February 12th, 2014, 12:16 AM
My prediction: Pats over 49ers (I know, boring)

Pats are going to get a legit receiver. Or Jimmy Graham, however you classify him.

Bandit
February 22nd, 2014, 11:15 PM
jimmy graham is not going anywhere. i can def see the pats being a fuckin lethal team though. they did awesome with no one at WR and with some of their best guys on D out w/ injuries

Morrison
February 22nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
One title makes a dynasty? Since when?

people are talking about if they can build a dynasty. he's saying seahawks win it against this year, thus dynasty talks will continue. so yeah, context.

CWE
March 1st, 2014, 7:08 AM
Texans over Saints...assuming Manzel isn't drafted at #1. Clowney for Texans 2014.

Watt+Clowney+Cushing=QBs nightmare.

Honey_Badger
March 3rd, 2014, 4:47 PM
My prediction: Pats over 49ers (I know, boring)

Pats are going to get a legit receiver. Or Jimmy Graham, however you classify him.

The Pats will not give up two 1st round picks for Graham. It's not like them as an organization.

TimeSplitter
March 11th, 2014, 4:43 PM
Too much money spent right away...

Judas Iscariot
March 11th, 2014, 5:38 PM
Everyone's in trouble now that Rashad Jennings is joining Big Blue.

JRSlim21
March 11th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Everyone's in trouble now that Rashad Jennings is joining Big Blue.

G-Men should just sign Ware on the cheap just to be douches.... lovable douches

The Rick
March 11th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Broncos over 49ers.

Denver gets Aqib Talib, and ESPN reporting them as the front runners for Ware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

Mills
March 12th, 2014, 1:42 AM
seattle is laying low, apparently looking at Finlay and maybe Julius Peppers

Clerk
March 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Why would the 9ers gets Blaine Gabbert what a stupid move i know it was for a 6th round pick but he is bad he's on the bad level of a Trent Dilfer and a Brandon Weeden

Mills
March 12th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Super bowl winning qb Trent dilfer?

It's a flier for a guy many had as a 1st round talent. It's low risk high reward honestly, smart move

Clerk
March 12th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I thought the 9ers were winners

ReDPath
March 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM
So...

Pats set to lose out on Talib, Revis and Edelman? Causing them to probably have to hold onto Amendola and go into the season with a big question mark surrounding Gronk?

Sounds legit. Buncha cheapskates.

Sure the financial formula allows them to remain successful....If you are ok with losing the big game again and again. If Brady weren't a company man, he would have wanted out of NE long ago.

Even if Denver gets Ware. I'd vote NFC all the way. Deeper conference and people will be fooled again by Denver in what is a much weaker AFC.

Sure, its early free agency, but I almost just want Bob Kraft to morph into Snyder or Jerry Jones for one offseason at least.

Fro
March 12th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I feel the same but I think Brady is pretty content sticking with the greatest coach of all time and being on the winningest team in the league even though the 4th title has narrowly eluded them. "Long ago" as in before or after they had Super Bowl leads with 2 minutes left as recently as 2012?

This offseason has just begun and I didn't know Revis had landed anywhere yet but it's true that it's frustrating to see them still not "going for it all" with Brady in his twilight years. The fans want them to make a splash in the offseason and are hoping they change their formula in order to maximize their championship hopes before Brady's done. But it's hard to really complain about being a Pats fan. You can write them in for 12+ wins a year but no titles in the last 9 seasons... They've become the new Colts. Except they've got 3 in the bag already.

Clerk
March 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Tom is so good

Honey_Badger
March 12th, 2014, 12:44 PM
With the lack of depth in the Patriot's secondary, I am very surprised they let Talib go.

They have to make a splash in the draft. I also could see them picking up Ryan Clark.

Brian M.
March 12th, 2014, 3:20 PM
What the Patriots really have to do is start drafting better. I'm not sure why people want them to change their entire strategy when it comes to free agents. It's been working for 15 years and suddenly now they should become the Redskins? It's stupid. Collins and Dobson from last year's draft class have potential, but overall many of the picks recently have been busts. If Patriots fans really want to have a whine, start with the draft. The free agency thing is nothing new, and they would have been stupid to give Talib that kind of money given his past.

Matty C
March 12th, 2014, 3:59 PM
With Brady getting older it would seem like the Pats might want to maximize what they can get out of him in the next few years. Denver sees this with Manning and that's why they're in serious GO NOW mode. I think Ware will land there as a result. I know it's "worked" for the Pats for years but Tom Brady is a big part of that working and he's getting old. Even the greats eventually slow with age...

With that said, I'm a Dolphins fan and we totally suck so I would love to just get a season or two of what the Pats churn out every year. Just making the post season would be amazing.

About that... We actually signed a left tackle. A good left tackle. We officially have a LT and a Centre. Now if we can just find people for the rest of our non-existent line that would be fantastic. Perhaps paying Mike Wallace a billion dollars a year wouldn't look so bad then. Nah you're right, it will still look bad.

Why didn't we fire Jeff Ireland before this again?

Matty C
March 12th, 2014, 3:59 PM
Nothing to see here. :shifty:

Judas Iscariot
March 12th, 2014, 4:17 PM
I feel the same but I think Brady is pretty content sticking with the greatest coach of all time and being on the winningest team in the league even though the 4th title has narrowly eluded them. "Long ago" as in before or after they had Super Bowl leads with 2 minutes left as recently as 2012?

This offseason has just begun and I didn't know Revis had landed anywhere yet but it's true that it's frustrating to see them still not "going for it all" with Brady in his twilight years. The fans want them to make a splash in the offseason and are hoping they change their formula in order to maximize their championship hopes before Brady's done. But it's hard to really complain about being a Pats fan. You can write them in for 12+ wins a year but no titles in the last 9 seasons... They've become the new Colts. Except they've got 3 in the bag already.

The greatest coach of all time?

People tell me I'm a ridiculous homer.

Maybe if he was able to win a Super Bowl without being a dirty fucking cheater, or win one since being exposed as a dirty fucking cheater, he could hold that moniker.

Jimmy Zero
March 12th, 2014, 4:47 PM
I like the Bears' free agent moves. They're addressing needs without spending stupidly. At worst, Houston will give them similar production to what Peppers did at far less money, and any safety that isn't Major Wright or Chris Conte is fine with me. Chris Conte is possibly the worst safety I've ever seen.

What the hell is Tampa Bay doing giving McCown all that money? That's a ridiculous deal.

Gary J
March 12th, 2014, 5:12 PM

Maybe if he was able to win a Super Bowl without being a dirty fucking cheater, or win one since being exposed as a dirty fucking cheater, he could hold that moniker.

While I agree Belichick is not the greatest coach of all time I could see why someone would argue he is. Him and Bill Walsh have probably been the best around in my lifetime (Joe Gibbs as well but that's maybe bias on my part)

Of course there's Shula who only had 2 losing seasons in his 36 year career compared to Belichick's 5 in 17 , Lombardi , Knoll and Landry could probably lay claim to being the greatest ever too. Maybe even Madden who I feel gets underrated because he stay in his job as long as the others mentioned.

Belichick is definitely up there as one of the greatest.

Jimmy Zero
March 12th, 2014, 5:14 PM
I think it's hard to argue against Belichick being the best coach of his era.

Gary J
March 12th, 2014, 5:15 PM
I'm very happy the Redskins didn't make any headline grabbing signings on the opening of free agency. Makes a welcome change.

Gary J
March 12th, 2014, 5:23 PM
I think it's hard to argue against Belichick being the best coach of his era.

I don't even think there is an argument. He has a great eye for talent, knows when to get rid of a player, gets the most out of his players, manages the salary cap better then anyone else seems to. He seems to have no equal at accumulating draft picks by wheeling and dealing as well. While I think he will struggle a little bit when Tom Brady retires, He'll find a suitable replacement relatively quickly and barely miss a beat.

Fro
March 12th, 2014, 5:40 PM

The cheating thing is such a sorry argument. All he's done since spygate is go 16-0, win the most regular season games of any team, win the most postseason games of any team, go to 2 Superbowls which came down to the last play and win Coach of the Year twice. And by the way everyone else in the league was doing what he did, he just kept doing it after the NFL sent out that memo. I know haters will always bring it up because what else are you gonna rip on the guy for - and god do I love to hear Marshall Faulk still whine about that first Superbowl - but it's stupid.

As for the greatest coach of all time argument, I'm too young and haven't done enough research to compare him to the likes Lombardi and Bill Wash so I won't really get into it but when you have guys like Peyton Manning, Bill Cowher and Boomer Esiason putting that moniker on him then you better believe I'm going to do the same. And you also have to give him a lot of bonus points for doing it in the 32-team, free agency era as opposed to the old guys.

Judas Iscariot
March 12th, 2014, 6:24 PM
BUT HE'S A DIRTY CHEATING BASTARD, FRO

AND GOT BEAT BY THIS GUY TWICE

http://f.kulfoto.com/pic1/0001/0017/9dFNc16578.jpg

I'll admit he's brilliant though. He has his system and doesn't give a shit, he'll plug in whoever he needs to and they'll wind up doing exactly what he needs them to do and he's adapted extremely well over the years.

BUT HE'S A DIRTY FILTHY CHEATER

Tyson
March 12th, 2014, 8:44 PM
Does Belichek stick around as Head Coach once Brady retires? From where I'm sitting, the two of them leave at the same time.

TimeSplitter
March 12th, 2014, 8:48 PM
Revis to the Pats? Solid deal.

Fro
March 12th, 2014, 8:49 PM
YESSSSS FUCK ALL YOU WHO DOUBTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Fro
March 12th, 2014, 8:51 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/brady-kentuckyderby.gif

Fro
March 12th, 2014, 9:06 PM
Ok I don't want to be that guy quoting Barstool but this just sums it up too perfectly:

Honestly how comforting is it to know that we have the smartest, most brilliant man not only to ever step foot on a football field, but to walk this earth running the Patriots?. The Broncos do a 6 year deal with Aquib Talib. A notorious hothead who has been a no show when it’s not a contract year. Everybody freaking out about how great the Broncos are. Meanwhile Bill Belichick just sitting at home in his cutoff sweatshirt sipping on cognac with a wry smile on his face. Knowing that within mere hours he will sign THE BEST corner in the game to a 1 year deal. A deal that will make Revis play his ass off. A deal that doesn’t lock the Patriots into anything. A deal that anybody with a brain knows is a billion times better than the one the Broncos just secured. People want to know why the Patriots have been great for 13 years? It’s moves like these. Stuff they clearly didn’t teach little Johnny Elway at Stanford. Once again another shining example of the Dark Lord playing Chess while everybody else plays checkers.

Jordo
March 13th, 2014, 4:14 AM
I despise the Patriots and I'll harp on about spygate forever because it was my team that was the victim. Even I have to admit Belichek is a legend

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 8:32 AM
Is Belichek really a good coach? Or is it that Tom Brady is so damn beast. I hate when coaches get fired, i mean it's not like there playing in the game there on the sidelines giving them plays it's the players job to excecute them

Fro
March 13th, 2014, 9:29 AM
When Brady missed a year due to injury the Pats went 11-5 with a backup quarterback who hadn't started a game since high school. When Peyton Manning got hurt the Colts went 2-14. See the difference?

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 9:40 AM
Matt Cassel is a beast

Fro
March 13th, 2014, 9:42 AM
Matt Cassell owes his entire career to Bill Belichick

Greed
March 13th, 2014, 9:43 AM
And you're a troll.

But Revis to the Pats is an amazing move.

And was it Jimmy who was asking why the Bucs gave Josh all that money? It's because Lovie Smith wants to clean house and that means he has little faith in Mike Glennon.

Edit: Not calling you a troll, Fro..it's the guy above you.

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 9:48 AM
11-5 aint bad

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2014, 9:58 AM
Wow Eagles acquire Sproles for only a 5th rounder. I would imagine they are going to trade Bryce Brown now for a 5th.

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Browns almost got Revis but his money whore ass didn't want to take a pay cut smh

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM
He probably didn't want to play second fiddle to Haden either.

Greed
March 13th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Browns almost got Revis but his money whore ass didn't want to take a pay cut smh

Go away troll. He took a pay cut and a one year deal. Joining a team he has a (very good) chance to win with. No one wants to play for the Browns or Raiders.

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Go away troll. He took a pay cut and a one year deal. Joining a team he has a (very good) chance to win with. No one wants to play for the Browns or Raiders.

Lol dude if you only knew

Matthew
March 13th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Browns almost got Revis but his money whore ass didn't want to take a pay cut smhhe took a pay cut.

it's just that the browns are in shambles. no reason to join them

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM
This guy has to be Flashh, right? There can't be that many Browns fans.

Matthew
March 13th, 2014, 11:05 AM
it is the 16 year old kid, flashh. you are correct.

glad my boy donald brown gets to enjoy the sunshine of san diego now

why do people care about eric decker

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Decker isn't a number one guy, he was a product of the system I think.

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 11:12 AM
it is the 16 year old kid, flashh. you are correct.

glad my boy donald brown gets to enjoy the sunshine of san diego now

why do people care about eric decker

16? lol

Matthew
March 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
and at the end of last year, he wasn't even needed in the system

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Yeah, they just ended a defense in Denver which they now have

Greed
March 13th, 2014, 1:13 PM
I'm not sure Denver's defense is going to be much better than last year, frankly.

Plus, I worry about Talib with his history of drugs and misconduct, going to Denver Colorado.

Pipkin
March 13th, 2014, 1:33 PM
I agree with that, but he's still the best receiver the Jets have had in years.

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Oh, most definitely.

Clerk
March 13th, 2014, 1:44 PM
49ers winning it all no doubt

Gary J
March 13th, 2014, 3:50 PM
Decker isn't that good at all his stats just got inflated because he had Peyton Manning throwing to him.

First two seasons without some guy named "Peyton" throwing him the ball: 50 catches. Next two seasons with some guy named "Peyton" throwing him the ball: 172 catches. Geno Smith is nowhere near Peyton so I expect he'll go back to the pre-manning stats. He is an upgrade on last year's receivers I suppose. He'll likely be the number 2 receiver as I can see Steve Smith going to the Jets.

Jordo
March 13th, 2014, 5:44 PM
Would you say the same thing about Thomas? Because the numbers for Decker and Thomas are pretty similar. They had tebow throwing to them for Christ sake.

Judas Iscariot
March 13th, 2014, 5:47 PM
Goodbye, Justin Tuck. You'll always be a Giant in my heart.

Morrison
March 13th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Decker isn't that good at all his stats just got inflated because he had Peyton Manning throwing to him.

First two seasons without some guy named "Peyton" throwing him the ball: 50 catches. Next two seasons with some guy named "Peyton" throwing him the ball: 172 catches. Geno Smith is nowhere near Peyton so I expect he'll go back to the pre-manning stats. He is an upgrade on last year's receivers I suppose. He'll likely be the number 2 receiver as I can see Steve Smith going to the Jets.
what a skewed comparison. 'first two seasons?' that first season you're counting included all of eight targets, six of which he caught, one being for a touchdown.

second season he had 44 receptions with eight touchdowns, most of that coming with kyle orton throwing to him. once tebow took over he became a non-factor.

yeah, having peyton manning as his quarterback definitely helped, and his production will definitely go down with geno smith, but acting like decker was a scrub is at best disingenuous and at worst completely oblivious.

Fro
March 15th, 2014, 1:03 AM
Patriots get Browner in addition to Revis. Be scared. Be very scared.

Gary J
March 15th, 2014, 3:07 AM
what a skewed comparison. 'first two seasons?' that first season you're counting included all of eight targets, six of which he caught, one being for a touchdown.

second season he had 44 receptions with eight touchdowns, most of that coming with kyle orton throwing to him. once tebow took over he became a non-factor.

yeah, having peyton manning as his quarterback definitely helped, and his production will definitely go down with geno smith, but acting like decker was a scrub is at best disingenuous and at worst completely oblivious.

I think Decker is only slightly better then average. (which may probably help the Jets since they are a below average team)

People can point at the 8 td's with Tebow that's fair enough, but I still don't think he'll be a TD machine with Geno. Tebow actually managed to win games in Denver, but if you're another team do you really want him as your starting QB? Sometimes the system and the other talent can make you look good.

Unless Kerley turns into Welker in the slot (which he may do as I was impressed by him when I saw him last season) I think Decker will be exposed when defences gameplay for him more and shift more coverage to him.

TimeSplitter
March 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM

Starting in week 5 I'll be afraid.

Fro
March 15th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Tru nuff. He can sit out the whole season as far as I'm concerned as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs.

ReDPath
March 15th, 2014, 1:14 PM
With that logic, you might as well sit Gronk until the playoffs.

You can probably win the AFC East without Gronk, but you'll probably be playing on wildcard weekend, even with the AFC being as random/leaning on bad as it has been.

Also, if Goodell has his way. There will be two additional playoff teams within the next couple years, so only the top seed in each conference will get a bye.

Fro
March 15th, 2014, 3:08 PM
Probably win the AFC East without Gronk is the understatement of the year. I'd say the Pats can probably secure a first round bye with only Brady, Belichick, Revis and a bunch of guys from my high school's football team.

Torn
March 15th, 2014, 6:05 PM
Give it a rest Fro. Fucking hell.

hithit
March 15th, 2014, 6:08 PM
are revis and browner playing offense too? if not, really not to be afraid of.

Pipkin
March 15th, 2014, 6:21 PM
I'm glad Browner landed somewhere he can win, he's been a favorite of mine for years. I really wish he hadn't gotten himself run out of Seattle, but the combination with Revis could be scary good if they both can still go. With coverage and power like that in the secondary, the Patriots' D should improve by leaps and bounds. Obviously it makes it harder to go down field, but it should also allow for extra guys in the pass rush. New England has passed Denver as my favorite in the AFC.

JRSlim21
March 17th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Giants have a 2nd meeting with DRC. I feel like if they pick him up, they should be crowned the winners (so far) of the offseason. They havent had a "bad" signing yet.

Mills
March 17th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Walter will be a big help there, but as our 4th CB, it wasnt a huge loss. Lane and Sherman can handle it

Morrison
March 17th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Giants have a 2nd meeting with DRC. I feel like if they pick him up, they should be crowned the winners (so far) of the offseason. They havent had a "bad" signing yet.

they let justin tuck go and lost hakeem nicks. how you can say a team won the off season when they let a player like tuck go is beyond me. meanwhile the eagles re-signed key players on both offense and defense, got sproles for a drop in the bucket and have addressed needs on the defense without going spend happy with the draft yet to come. how you could even make a case for the giants having won the NFC easts offseason is beyond me.

Gary J
March 17th, 2014, 4:27 AM

C J.D. Walton?

Hasn't played a full game since September 2012 because of a dodgy ankle. He wasn't even a good center before that - he's shown some flashes, but mostly struggled - so he likely won't help the Giants if he can somehow stay healthy.

Greed
March 17th, 2014, 5:59 AM
they let justin tuck go and lost hakeem nicks. how you can say a team won the off season when they let a player like tuck go is beyond me. meanwhile the eagles re-signed key players on both offense and defense, got sproles for a drop in the bucket and have addressed needs on the defense without going spend happy with the draft yet to come. how you could even make a case for the giants having won the NFC easts offseason is beyond me.

The GIANTS are going to be the same team as last year.

The winners so far, like you're saying are Eagles in the NFC, and Patriots in the AFC.

Jordo
March 17th, 2014, 6:22 AM
I'd argue Denver has done just as well as New England in the AFC

JRSlim21
March 17th, 2014, 7:02 PM
Tuck is going to be bound to obscurity in Oakland, and they seemed content with Cruz/Randle at the top 2 receiver spots. I like the cheap signing simply because they're cheap.

ALthough, I will say Sproles and Shady is going to drive fantasy owners and opposing defenses nuts.

Greed
March 18th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Well Talib is an upgrade in Denver, but they're losing a hall of famer in Champ, and a pretty decent 2nd corner in Rodgers-Crom.

Meanwhile NE gets REVIS. You lose Talib, you get Revis..it's an upgrade.

Demarcus Ware is not going to do that much..I think people are overstating his value at this point in his career.

And Sanders is pretty much a wash, as they lost Decker.

Denver might be improved in the offseason, but it's not as much as people are saying.

Clerk
March 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Does not matter 49ers will win super bowl

Greed
March 18th, 2014, 7:01 PM
Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

Judas Iscariot
March 18th, 2014, 8:53 PM
Everyone is fucked, the Giants are approaching U AND U status right now.

Judas Iscariot
March 21st, 2014, 8:01 PM
Vick to the Jets.

Oh lord they've done a brilliant job this offseason.

Poor Mark Sanchez.

The Rick
March 21st, 2014, 8:35 PM
Everyone is fucked, the Giants are approaching U AND U status right now.

Useless and Ugly?

Greed
March 22nd, 2014, 9:24 AM
I think he means UNSTOPPABLE AND UNBEATABLE!

That's only if Eli gets to the playoffs, though. Which I don't think is looking positive in it's prospects this coming season.

Mills
March 22nd, 2014, 9:56 AM
Enjoy losing to Philly Judas.

Peter Griffin
March 28th, 2014, 1:16 PM
http://deadspin.com/eagles-cut-desean-jackson-amid-claims-of-gang-ties-1553730474?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Matthew
March 28th, 2014, 1:18 PM
blaming riley cooper

Morrison
March 28th, 2014, 1:49 PM
http://deadspin.com/eagles-cut-desean-jackson-amid-claims-of-gang-ties-1553730474?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

if any of this gang stuff holds weight, than good riddance.

JRSlim21
March 29th, 2014, 9:01 AM
I hope the Cowboys pick him up. The media field day over that 1 would be better than the one if he signs with the Jets.

TimeSplitter
May 8th, 2014, 4:46 PM
Who else is pumped for the nfl draft tonight?

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 5:51 PM
I am almost more excited to see where Manziel goes than who my team selects

JRSlim21
May 8th, 2014, 7:23 PM
Giants Wish List: Lewan, Martin, Ebron, Evans, Matthews (no shot in hell the last 2 drops but I can dream). Would also love for them to grab Amaro in round 2

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 8:19 PM
Clowney, clowney, clowney

Clowney+Watt+Cushing=QB NIGHTMARE

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 8:31 PM
Houston defense will be terrifying

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 8:36 PM
Yes it will...

TimeSplitter
May 8th, 2014, 8:43 PM
Buffalo gave up a lot for Watkins.

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 8:47 PM
Does not matter 49ers will win super bowl

On Madden..

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 9:37 PM
Buffalo gave up a lot for Watkins.

Hope that is worth it

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Hope that is worth it

I missed it...what did they give up?

Xtreme Rebel
May 8th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Hope (swapped first rounders this year, gave up first and fourth next year)

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Hope (swapped first rounders this year, gave up first and fourth next year)

:lol:

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Cleveland made a killing I think with their first round.

DB was probably Chicagos biggest need so I am happy they went with Fuller

CWE
May 8th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Why oh why did the Vikings trade up for Bridgewater?... He was supposed to be there with the first pick of the 2nd. Dammit! DAMMIT!!!! Thats okay...Houston got CLOWNEY....now I need the jersey...and a beer. And a shot.

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Houston can have Carr... Again

Mills
May 8th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Hawks traded back, I was hoping they'd get Benjamin so he could learn with Rice and Baldwin, but there's a ton of WR's that will fall to 40. Here's hoping for Marquis Lee

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2014, 11:53 PM
I don't think Lee will fall that much. Lattimer maybe

Mills
May 8th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I think Lattimer goes first, a more polished overall product.

Xtreme Rebel
May 9th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Houston can have Carr... Again

Draft Carr, give him the 8 jersey, half the town will appear to be cheering for him already.

Greed
May 9th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Cleveland didn't do that great. Cleveland is the place quarterbacks go to flop.

Mills
May 9th, 2014, 2:13 PM
I thought they had a good draft. Gained 2 solid players and stole Buffalos draft pick next year, which could easily be a top ten pick

Judas Iscariot
May 9th, 2014, 3:45 PM
Fuck the Lions.

Kdestiny
May 9th, 2014, 5:35 PM
Yeah

Fro
May 9th, 2014, 9:45 PM
So the Pats draft QB Jimmy Garoppolo in the late second round. Sources say they would have taken Bordles in the first if he fell to them. They're looking for their Brady replacement, not that they'll push him out. Brady's been extremely durable in his career besides the one season missed due to a blown knee. Ryan Mallett to Houston is the likely corresponding trade.

Oh and Josh Gordon is facing a year long ban for testing positive for weed. Who was that Browns fan in here who said he was going to be the best ever?

Kdestiny
May 9th, 2014, 9:47 PM
I heard the same about Manziel for the Pats.

I think Jimmy will be good for them in a few years for sure. Let him work with Brady and co and he will be fine

and that was Clerk. He is missing.

Sad

Jordo
May 9th, 2014, 10:21 PM
So the Pats draft QB Jimmy Garoppolo in the late second round. Sources say they would have taken Bordles in the first if he fell to them. They're looking for their Brady replacement, not that they'll push him out. Brady's been extremely durable in his career besides the one season missed due to a blown knee. Ryan Mallett to Houston is the likely corresponding trade.

Oh and Josh Gordon is facing a year long ban for testing positive for weed. Who was that Browns fan in here who said he was going to be the best ever?

Jesus I understand weed is pretty cool but what the fuck is this guy thinking?

Mills
May 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM
hes a doofus. Hawks drafted a WR and O-line. Not too bad. Also, Rams drafted 4 times before the Hawks drafted once FFS

Xtreme Rebel
May 9th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Houston with Watt, Nix, Clowney across the front line...damn

Jordo
May 9th, 2014, 11:03 PM
hes a doofus. Hawks drafted a WR and O-line. Not too bad. Also, Rams drafted 4 times before the Hawks drafted once FFS

And did a pretty great job with those four picks imo but I'm a fan so I'm pretty biased

Mills
May 9th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I like the picks for the most part. I'm a bit more worried from being a Hawks fan here.

Jordo
May 9th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Should be considering the rams took ya to the last second with their backup qb

Kdestiny
May 10th, 2014, 12:02 AM

I was pissed when I saw the Bears passed up on Nix to get a guy who wasn't projected to go until the 5th round.

I know they don't play 3-4, but I'm sure adjustments could've been made on both sides.

CWE
May 10th, 2014, 12:17 AM

Nix moves like Watt
I was originally pissed when Houston passed on Nix to start the 2nd rd. Love when everything works in the end. Now to take McCarron to start 4th rd.

I need to amend my thoughts here....Watt+Clowney+Cushing+Nix= QB Nightmare.....so damn scary.

JP
May 10th, 2014, 7:55 PM
So, after years of being a fan of the sport without a team, now I have a (at the same time incredibly shallow and hugely important) reason to pick a team.

St Louis Rams.

I'm Nico to other people's George. Anybody gets that reference, I love you.

JP
May 10th, 2014, 8:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-_fFdkegs#t=97

This was shown, without any jokes or negative comments, on the premier US sports network. Spoke of as normal.

Genuinely got me choked up.

I need to learn more about Missouri.

CWE
May 10th, 2014, 8:37 PM
For the first time since 1937, no Texas player was drafted.

Judas Iscariot
May 10th, 2014, 8:52 PM
Missouri's a terrible place, but I'm very happy Sam got drafted.

Hopefully he can make the roster, as his skill set seems suspect transitioning to the NFL, especially to a team with a defensive front like the Rams have.

Greed
May 10th, 2014, 9:00 PM
They don't need him, but it's a feel good moment that is deserved.

Rams had the best draft, and it's not because of that.

But Bradford..

CWE
May 10th, 2014, 9:41 PM

But Bradford..

I have to say Houston had the best draft (as they should with the first pick)
Clowney-best prospect in draft
Su’a-Filo-best interior lineman
Nix III-I had as best DT (ESPN had as 2)

Judas Iscariot
May 10th, 2014, 10:04 PM
You're both wrong because the Giants had the best draft because they are geniuses and UNSTOPPABLE AND UNBEATABLE

CWE
May 10th, 2014, 11:19 PM
You're both wrong because the Giants had the best draft because they are geniuses and UNSTOPPABLE AND UNBEATABLE

Reaching on a WR in the first exempts the Giants from the discussion.

Mills
May 10th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Reaching on a WR in the first exempts the Giants from the discussion.

Hope the Giants drafted you some ointment Judas, cause you got BURNED

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 12:09 AM
They could've traded back about 5-6 picks, I am sure Chicago would've loved Donald.

CWE
May 11th, 2014, 12:26 AM
And then picked up an extra 5 next year.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 12:28 AM
If they took Donald they wouldn't have wasted their time on Ego... Fuck sake

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 7:12 AM
Can someone remind me who Houston's QB will be again?

Aside from the first pick, they didn't do overwhelmingly good.

They improved their pass rush, which was already a strength, but did they improve the pass protection? No.

Teams that drafted a solid, pro style offensive lineman are going to be very happy teams.

Torn
May 11th, 2014, 7:21 AM
Su’a-Filo-best interior lineman
Nix III-I had as best DT (ESPN had as 2)

There's a reason you aren't a scout let's put it that way.

Torn
May 11th, 2014, 7:23 AM
Really, ESPN?

http://thumbs.cdn-ec.viddler.com/thumbnail_2_b9826fe9_v2.jpg

Jordo
May 11th, 2014, 9:10 AM

But Bradford..

Bradford drives me nuts. He looked pretty good before the injury last year but he's been shakey. This year is make or break for him.

Its also pretty obvious the best draft was an nfc west team. If it wasn't st louis (and it was) it would be san fran.

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:43 AM
Agree. San Fran did great too. Though I'm not high on the Ohio State RB...but they still have Gore for now.

I have hated Bradford since college, where he was picked to face Florida over a Texas team as to give UF an easier contest for the BCS championship.

He is one of the worst QB's at dealing with any sort of pressure. He can't escape, he makes bad reads, and makes costly mistakes. But on the Rams, he has never had a good offensive line, and if they believe him him, he deserves protection before they decide to move in another direction.

Such a young team though, I'm pretty high on St. Louis.

Jimmy Zero
May 11th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I'm a little confused by the Bears draft. Fuller was a great pick, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with most of the other guys.

And yeah, the Rams pretty clearly had the best draft.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I'm a little confused by the Bears draft. Fuller was a great pick, but I'm pretty underwhelmed with most of the other guys.

I feel like they made some great picks on the final day, but that second day was a joke. Picking up Sutton and getting a viable backup for Forte wasn't a bad idea.

Xtreme Rebel
May 11th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Can someone remind me who Houston's QB will be again?

Aside from the first pick, they didn't do overwhelmingly good.

They improved their pass rush, which was already a strength, but did they improve the pass protection? No.

Teams that drafted a solid, pro style offensive lineman are going to be very happy teams.

Either Fitzpatrick of Keenum

Jimmy Zero
May 11th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I feel like they made some great picks on the final day, but that second day was a joke. Picking up Sutton and getting a viable backup for Forte wasn't a bad idea.

With all the moves they made in free agency to address the line, I thought all the DT picks were odd. Especially since the secondary was so fucking bad last year. And wasting a pick on a punter? I don't care if it was a 6th round pick, that was stupid.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I do wish they would've gotten an earlier safety, but who they got looks pretty good. No reason to get Ego and Sutton, especially since Ego was a reach in round 2.

Jordo
May 11th, 2014, 11:11 AM

Yates is still there too right?

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Yates is still there too right?

I think he might've been aware if that, hence why he wasn't mentioned.

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 11:50 AM
My Broncos did okay. with the money we spent on defense in free agency, I was hoping that they would spend more than one pick on the O-line. Peyton was untouchable in the first half of last season. As soon a Ryan Clady got hurt, things changed. Peyton got knocked around a bit, and the Broncos had to shuffle up the line till they found what worked. Well worked for most games. They grabbed the one in the third round, but I didn't think much of him.

I do like the WR they got in the second. He is about the size of Eric Decker(that they let go of), but has a bit more speed. I'm excited for next year.

I'm calling it right now.

CHAMPS

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM

So maybe 6-7 wins next year, tops?

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:58 AM
My Broncos did okay. with the money we spent on defense in free agency, I was hoping that they would spend more than one pick on the O-line. Peyton was untouchable in the first half of last season. As soon a Ryan Clady got hurt, things changed. Peyton got knocked around a bit, and the Broncos had to shuffle up the line till they found what worked. Well worked for most games. They grabbed the one in the third round, but I didn't think much of him.

I do like the WR they got in the second. He is about the size of Eric Decker(that they let go of), but has a bit more speed. I'm excited for next year.

I'm calling it right now.

CHAMPS

That went well for you last year. They look better, but the NFC West is going to be deadly this year

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM
That went well for you last year. They look better, but the NFC West is going to be deadly this year

And they'll kill each other to get there.

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Like they did this year? and still had the winner

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 12:09 PM
The Broncos laid a fucking egg. No two ways about it. That was as bad as that team could have played. It will not happen again in this time. I don't see a team that can keep the Broncos from the Super Bowl.

Mills
May 11th, 2014, 1:36 PM
http://www.gospelherald.com/data/images/full/4724/super-bowl-champion.jpg?w=720

Mills
May 11th, 2014, 1:37 PM
seriously, Hawks had a decent draft. They bulked up on both lines and added some WR help to cover that Tate size hole that wasn't as big as originally thought.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 1:50 PM
I don't see the Hawks making it again

Broncos/49ers in the Superbowl.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 2:48 PM
The Broncos laid a fucking egg. No two ways about it. That was as bad as that team could have played. It will not happen again in this time. I don't see a team that can keep the Broncos from the Super Bowl.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1345/57/1345576082313.jpg

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 3:08 PM
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1345/57/1345576082313.jpg

if Gronk can stay healthy and their RB play resembles that towards the end if their season then maybe.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 3:17 PM
That's a cute way to look at it. Vegas has Denver at 2.5 to 1 to win the AFC and New England at 3 to 1 for the record (and then after that it falls off a cliff to the Bengals at 12 to 1). But you guys go on thinking the Patriots ever WON'T be Super Bowl contenders with Brady and Belichick.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 4:19 PM
Did I say they weren't contenders?

Nope. They are the only real threat in the AFC to Denver. To say that Brady and Belichick aren't contenders would be preposterous.

With that, I still stand by my prediction. Although anyone who wins the NFC West will probably make it to the Superbowl.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 4:59 PM
Did I say they weren't contenders?

Nope. They are the only real threat in the AFC to Denver. To say that Brady and Belichick aren't contenders would be preposterous.

With that, I still stand by my prediction. Although anyone who wins the NFC West will probably make it to the Superbowl.

Denver and New England are 1a and 1b in the AFC but I don't at all buy into the idea that no one else in the AFC could beat Denver despite their rightful hype. You're talking about a quarterback who has lost his opening playoff game 5 of his last 8 berths despite being on elite teams for most of them.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 5:02 PM
Denver and New England are 1a and 1b in the AFC but I don't at all buy into the idea that no one else in the AFC could beat Denver despite their rightful hype. You're talking about a quarterback who has lost his opening playoff game 5 of his last 8 berths despite being on elite teams for most of them.

I can't buy that because your beloved Patriots were taken out by the Broncos this last year.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 5:51 PM
Not sure what that has to do with the fact that Peyton Manning loses in his first round of the playoffs most of the time.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 6:04 PM
Not sure what that has to do with the fact that Peyton Manning loses in his first round of the playoffs most of the time.

Not everyone is perfect, not even Brady and Bill.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 6:15 PM
Not everyone even has a winning record

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 6:16 PM
Like the Patriots against Eli in the Superbowl

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 8:17 PM
Sick burn :)

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 8:31 PM
I don't see them as a threat. The only side of the ball that the Patriots might be better than Denver is special teams. Could they beat Denver? Sure they can, but I don't see them doing it more than 2 out of 10 times.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 8:35 PM
Their WR are still not great. Not bad, just average

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 8:50 PM
Patriots have as much chance as Denver as making the super bowl, in all honesty..

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 8:53 PM
But Denver made the improvements needed to win it all. Sure, NE improved but they still don't have much for skill players.

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:01 PM
They lost a few players, and I think the improvements are VASTLY over-rated.

Demarcus Ware and his ever declining production?

I'll give them Talib, because he's shut down, but he might get himself in trouble out there, and Revis is a better upgrade than Talib.

NE had so many injuries last year, and combine those returning guys with the new additions and plenty of young guys who can step up, and simply better coaching and you never know..

Super bowl Patriot teams never had the most elite WR's.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 9:03 PM
I don't see them as a threat. The only side of the ball that the Patriots might be better than Denver is special teams. Could they beat Denver? Sure they can, but I don't see them doing it more than 2 out of 10 times.

This post shows extreme amounts of homerism.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 9:05 PM

And yours don't?

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 9:12 PM
None that I can recall :chin:

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:14 PM
I think I raised a lot of valid points about Denver.

New England has as much of a chance as Denver to make the super bowl.

Who said the thing about the nfc west team having no chance because of the strong division?

Well, Denver is in a division with 2 other very good teams, and Oakland will be tougher this season..so by that logic...

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 9:19 PM
Who said NFC West winner had no chance?

I said that it seems likely that the winner will make it back. Whereas in the AFC it's really down to Denver and NE.

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:23 PM
I think someone said that the division is so tough they'll weaken each other. I think that is not accurate.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 9:24 PM
You sure that wasn't Clerk?

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:42 PM
Clerk said the 49ers would win, so I'm personally rooting against them all year.

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 9:43 PM
It was the Rick.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 9:44 PM
It was the Rick.

It really hurt the NFC West this past year a lot.

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 10:23 PM
It was the Rick.

It was. I really thought that the chippy game we did in fact get last year between Seattle and San Francisco would have resulted in a few injuries. The refs continually allowed after play shenanigans during the regular season. I didn't think either team would come out unscathed.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Seattle did

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Seattle did

I know :squint:

Well, Denver is in a division with 2 other very good teams, and Oakland will be tougher this season..so by that logic...

One. KC

Oakland is still a mess, and until they prove otherwise I don't see much from them.

Their WR are still not great. Not bad, just average

I would put their receiving core a much better than average. Demaryius Thomas has great(not excellent) speed, and good hands. Wes Welker is one of the best possession receivers in the last 7 yrs. Julian Thomas is becoming what Antonio Gates was at his prime. Then they picked up both Andre Caldwell, and Emmanuel Sanders. Both of which many teams would have as number two receivers.

Says one of the "Boston Sports Thread" architects? :eyebrow:

Greed
May 11th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I think Oakland will be improved defensively, but they are always a mess.

San Diego was in the playoffs last year. With a run first mentality and the O line improved, Rivers was able to lead them, and the same will happen this year. They should win 8 or 9 games.

Denver is far and away the best team in the division, but it's the best division in the afc.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 10:38 PM
New England has mediocre receivers, not Denver

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Says one of the "Boston Sports Thread" architects? :eyebrow:

Says professional bookmakers.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Professional bookmakers are looking at stuff on here?

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I speak on their behalf, and they would kill to get The Rick to commit as much money as possible to those 2 out of 10 odds he gave

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 10:58 PM
You know, cuz he is batshit crazy if he believes those odds. I'm a homer and I don't really try to hide that. If he can't admit that he's one too after that absurd statement then his denial is as bad as his homerism. I mean imagine if the AFC Championship ends up being in Foxboro... 2 out of 10? :lol:

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 11:09 PM
You know, cuz he is batshit crazy if he believes those odds. I'm a homer and I don't really try to hide that. If he can't admit that he's one too after that absurd statement then his denial is as bad as his homerism. I mean imagine if the AFC Championship ends up being in Foxboro... 2 out of 10? :lol:

I didn't deny my homerism, but I was just remarking that what you said was very POT AND KETTLE. And about 2 out of 10, I specifically mean a match up of those two teams. If Denver and New England met 10 times hypothetically, I don't see New England winning more than 2 of those games. And if you think that New England is a superior team from Denver then you are "batshit" crazy. Like JIJ crazy.

So lets go ahead and put this bet on the line.

Denver is at New England November 2nd.

Denver wins you rock a Broncos avatar until Christmas.

New England wins I rock a Boston team's avatar of your choosing each month until the Super Bowl. (you can choose which team I rock each month)

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:10 PM

Denver is a better team

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
It's a deal on the bet.

Me saying New England is the superior team (which I have not said) wouldn't be batshit crazy. As I posted earlier, we are talking about a 3 to 1 AFC favorite vs a 2.5 to 1 AFC favorite according to bookies. I would be in the minority but not quite batshit. Saying the Patriots would win 2 out of 10 games (assuming 5 were played in Denver and 5 in New England) on the other hand is far far away from reality. You're talking about the Patriots who win like 80% of their games over the last 13 years.

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:18 PM
You are reading too much into this.

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 11:22 PM
You are reading too much into this.

Being in Boston he's probably too close to the situation... Are we doing that joke anymore?

I on the other hand live in Missouri, and hear people talk shit on the Broncos on a daily basis. From the opening botched snap I got 80+ texts from friends giving me shit on the ass whooping the Broncos took in the Super Bowl.

It is funny how much confidence one winning season gave the Chief fans in the area. I have quite a few friends and customers that think the Chiefs will take the division. the only way that happens is if Peyton gets injured (I'm furiously knocking on wood here :banghead: hoping I didn't just jinx myself)

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:25 PM
There is always a good time for a too close to the situation joke.

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 11:27 PM
But here is the actual "batshit" crazy feeling I have on my Broncos. If we have Peyton and healthy over the next two seasons, I think we have an amazing shot at a perfect season. There I said it. :scared:

Kdestiny
May 11th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Their only worry is their running game without Moreno really.

Jimmy Zero
May 11th, 2014, 11:35 PM
But here is the actual "batshit" crazy feeling I have on my Broncos. If we have Peyton and healthy over the next two seasons, I think we have an amazing shot at a perfect season. There I said it. :scared:

:lol:

The Rick
May 11th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Yea I deserve that. I actually believe that, but at the same time I know it is an outlandish belief to have.

I'm not really sad that Moreno is gone. I think Ball and Hillman will provide quality yards.

New England is absolutely better here, but not enough.

Fro
May 11th, 2014, 11:40 PM

I'm going to be extremely un-homerish and say yes that's actually a fair assessment. Putting aside the most difficult part of winning the 3 playoffs game for a second, 16-0 is not unrealistic anymore. The Patriots did it. The Colts would have done it if they wanted to, but chose not to cuz they were pussies. The Packers went 15-1. All this within a 5 year span. It's doable. Not likely but doable.

I would be cautious of saying losing Manning to injury is the only way your team could fall off or lose the division, though. Losing your best lineman, best linebacker and best DB as the Patriots did last year can knock any team down a few pegs. Injuries play such a big part in any team's success.

Kdestiny
May 12th, 2014, 1:21 AM
There's definitely a shot for Denver if the stars align.

Jordo
May 12th, 2014, 3:00 AM
I looked up tickets to the denver/new england game in foxboro. 350+ for the top bowl. Riiiidiiiculous

Torn
May 12th, 2014, 5:14 AM

COMING FROM FRO of all people :lol:

Greed
May 12th, 2014, 6:08 AM
I didn't deny my homerism, but I was just remarking that what you said was very POT AND KETTLE. And about 2 out of 10, I specifically mean a match up of those two teams. If Denver and New England met 10 times hypothetically, I don't see New England winning more than 2 of those games. And if you think that New England is a superior team from Denver then you are "batshit" crazy. Like JIJ crazy.

So lets go ahead and put this bet on the line.

Denver is at New England November 2nd.

Denver wins you rock a Broncos avatar until Christmas.

New England wins I rock a Boston team's avatar of your choosing each month until the Super Bowl. (you can choose which team I rock each month)

Dude..manning is the best regualr season QB ever, and them beating NE in the regular season means nothing for Manning's legacy. Or proves that when it matters the Broncos can win with Manning at the helm.

Kdestiny
May 12th, 2014, 9:42 AM
They just beat NE in the postseason, yes?

Mills
May 12th, 2014, 12:10 PM
WIth 100% honesty, Icould see the last place team in the NFC west going 8-8. All 4 teams made improvements through free agency or the draft. I'm not sure how well SF will do this year, they have a ton of distractions with Harbaugh and Kapernick's OTF drama. Though I could see Sam being a distraction in St. Louis, Tebow style. The Seahawks broke even personally between the FA losses and the draft they just had. Oh, and Arizona got better too.

NFC West will return to being the best division in football.

Greed
May 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Injuries for New england have already been discussed. And Manning, again, did not win a big game when it mattered most.

Talib got hurt during the game, and they had lost their best defensive player and second best offensive player for the year.

Kdestiny
May 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Well he has won the big game more recently than Brady, who is apparently terrified of Tom Coughlin.

I still think Denver is the better team on paper.

what good that does, we won't know. Many also predicted the Superbowl match up as Seattle/Denver based on being better on paper so...

Fro
May 12th, 2014, 6:58 PM
The Patriots were THE most injured team in the NFL last year (by amount of salary on IR... plus they lost Hernandez) and still made it to the final four and lost by only 10 to the greatest offense in NFL history. Both teams upgraded this offseason but the Patriots biggest boost will be getting their 3 All-Pro players back in Mayo, Wilfork and Gronk. Revis replaces the much injured Talib, who goes to Denver himself to join Welker along with Demarcus Ware. Obviously this is all health dependent and who knows about Gronk but ON PAPER the Patriots are going to be fucking filthy next year. I peg both these team at 14-2. Should be a fun season and I would love to see another rematch in the AFC title game.

BY THE WAY the Broncos schedule is much tougher since they have to play the whole NFC West including @ Seattle.

Mills
May 12th, 2014, 7:06 PM
Do you really want to count on gronk? He's been hurt for the last few seasons now

Fro
May 12th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Tru nuff... I'm hoping they sign Dustin Keller

Kdestiny
May 12th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Should've kept Tebow

Bandit
May 29th, 2014, 8:51 PM
I don't think DEN wins a superbowl w/ Manning. Not to discount Manning's legacy/skillset, but his arm strength has declined significantly and he is arguably the most immobile QB in the NFL. Those two flaws were why DEN only put up 8 points against SEA. Send pressure up front and force him to throw deep.

I still think he is an elite QB and that the AFC goes through either Denver or New England, but I'd be blown away if he comes close to matching last year's success. With that said, I think an NFC team will win the superbowl next year. My vote is on either GB or NO, with obvious contenders in SF/SEA. I'm anticipating the NFC West being an absolute blood baths with improved squads in ARI/STL.

Greed
May 30th, 2014, 2:00 PM
The NFC west is a bloodbath. I'll go out on a limb and say either SEA/or SF misses the playoffs, but that's just me being controversial. I think ARZ takes the biggest leap back, and STL has at least 10 wins.

JRSlim21
May 30th, 2014, 6:41 PM
Bradford finally lives up to the hype somewhat? Bold prediction. I predict a new division leader in the NFC East. It's like a merry go round over here.

Bandit
May 30th, 2014, 7:11 PM
Bradford looked good prior to going down last year. I won't say he looked elite by any stretch of the word, but with how good that defense is, he's serviceable enough to work out I think. The addition of Tre Mason seems to have gone unnoticed as well. Combination of him and Stacy could be sweet. And it is my opinion that StL will have the best defensive line in the NFL next year. There are concerns in their secondary though. I still think SF and SEA have more firepower and hold a considerable advantage in that division, but I'd love to see StL or ARI pull it out.

In the NFC East, I'll say it's a tossup between all teams outside of DAL. If I picked any one of the other three teams' names out of a hat, I feel like I could argue my way into betting money on them to win the division. Therefore I won't bet on anything related to that division prior to the start of the season, lol.

The only division that I feel has a strong frontrunner in the NFC is the packers. While I think CHI and MIN both improved in the offseason, I don't think either of them has what it takes to take that division, barring injuries to key players (Rodgers. CMIII, etc.).

Tyson
June 4th, 2014, 6:15 PM
Colin Kaepernick got fucking paid by the Niners, this San Francisco fan is not happy.

How about you Seahawks fans, seeing as the Russell Wilson bill comes due next off-season?

Fro
June 4th, 2014, 6:50 PM
Yea I like Kaepernick but they gave him way too much money

Bandit
June 4th, 2014, 7:41 PM
It is a TON of money, but I don't think they had much of a choice. Including this upcoming season (since it's an extension), it averages around 18mil per year and actually compares more to Cutler's contract imo, which I think is pretty fair. The higher guaranteed money was probably the result of a lower yearly average, but it's still a lot (reportedly more guaranteed than any NFL player in history). Had they not paid him now though, and he goes on to have another strong season, he'd be going into free agency next year demanding even more money most likely.

Bandit
July 7th, 2014, 11:25 PM
This offseason feels so loooooong. I want GB to smash SEA already, god damn.

Matty C
July 11th, 2014, 6:22 PM
I'm not a Kaepernick fan. I think the strength of the team makes him look good. He's athletic for sure but seems to make poor decisions and I'm not sold on his ability as a pure passer. I think the 49ers will live to regret his contract.

Bandit
July 11th, 2014, 7:26 PM
^ I agree with your opinion on his skill set, but I think Baalke knocked the contract out of the park by allowing them to cut him loose prior to any subsequent season without compromising a significant amt of guaranteed money:

The base salary for 2015 is $12.4 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2015.

For 2016, the base salary is $13.9 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2016.

For 2017, the base salary is $16.5 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2017.

For 2018, the base salary is $17 million, $5.2 million of which is guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2018.

Matty C
July 11th, 2014, 7:41 PM
Ahhh, that is much better.

Fro
July 11th, 2014, 7:43 PM
yea it's hard to judge NFL contracts because they're so weird and you can still get cut... but didn't he still get the most guaranteed money a QB ever has?

Bandit
July 14th, 2014, 7:22 PM
yea it's hard to judge NFL contracts because they're so weird and you can still get cut... but didn't he still get the most guaranteed money a QB ever has?

To a degree. Theoretically, if Kaep were to regress or not meet expectations in '14 (even though he has three high-tier WRs, a top 5 TE, elite offensive line, etc...) then SF could cut him and the 'guaranteed' base salaries of the subsequent years (which are factored into that 'guaranteed' number that came with the extension announcement) would be void.

As a GB fan, I wish it was legitimately 100% guaranteed so that they'd be stuck with him, but no such luck. He'll either earn the money by meeting expectations, or be cut loose w/o any real detriment to the cap. :banghead:

Judas Iscariot
August 4th, 2014, 3:16 AM
Unstoppable.

Unbeatable.