PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 v PS3 FINALE

Flashh
January 21st, 2014, 1:23 PM
Ok so the new Generation systems are out and i wanted to know which system do you think was better

Flashh
January 21st, 2014, 1:30 PM
Good evening 360 Nerds, and the fellow brotherhood of the playstation 3 I would like to talk about the inadiquecies of the xbox 360 nerd fanbase I get alot of comments stating that Gears of War owns resistance and how the online play is better on the 360 Let me just break that down what is it 4v4 battle on Gears 4v4 online i dont know how the fuck is that better than 8 player 16 32 40 player battle? Resistance online its like a drug your addicted and it doesent matter how good or how bad you are you cant get off. And not to mention if you bring a nice looking lady to your house and you guys want to watch the departing on blue ray while you have a nice looking machine that actually looks like a movie player And you wont be embarressed like that 360 put a DVD in there and look like a nerd Girl: What is that? XBOX NERD: Its a 360 it plays games but it plays DVD's. Christ you bring that 360 out in front of women man youll look like a nerd that you guys are Bring the hate mail bring it motherfucker Cuz thats all you motherfuckers could do it hate This is Flashh youve been owned

Matthew
January 21st, 2014, 1:39 PM
needs some work. but i like the effort. it has been awhile since we had a 12 year old sign up

Alf
January 21st, 2014, 1:46 PM
Fucking hell...

I worry about anyone who has such foamy mouthed allegiance to technology.

They are both much of muchness, with very similar titles, very similar technically, very very similar.

You're essentially doing this:
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF020-Skub.gif

Kyle_242
January 21st, 2014, 3:15 PM
Man I wish I could post something in here, but I totally got owned.

T.I (uh oh)
January 21st, 2014, 5:59 PM
Ok so the new Generation systems are out and i wanted to know which system do you think was better

Wii

Bert
January 21st, 2014, 6:35 PM
PC.

turdpower
January 22nd, 2014, 2:26 AM
Anti Skub.

wardy
January 22nd, 2014, 2:30 AM
I agree whole heartedly. The XBox 360 is for gaylords.

Flashh
January 22nd, 2014, 8:27 AM
I feel like Mathew has a man crush on me

Matthew
January 22nd, 2014, 9:13 AM
stop following me around

Flashh
January 22nd, 2014, 9:15 AM
I think its the other way around

The Rogerer
January 22nd, 2014, 9:16 AM
360 came from nowhere and made it to the top. It didn't do well in Japan, but at the same time we saw Japan lose more and more ground in gaming. The PS3 was a product of arrogance that cost Sony their advantage, which MS has done a good job of returning the favour this time around. The Cell processor and all that was a waste of time and money which was yet another Sony attempt at making something proprietary, and it would take a few years before cross platform developers were able to get cross platform parity with 360 games. Outside of the blu-ray storage, the PS3 couldn't do an awful lot than the Xbox couldn't, and it cost a lot more - except for the hidden cost of Xbox Live Gold, which would mount up over the life of the console.

The 360 just hamstrung itself a little by making the hard drive optional (MS's mad dash to cut costs after the original Xbox). It didn't really hurt things too badly, because the alternative was PS3 and the monstrosity of the Gran Turismo games installing bumper cars for 3 hours when you started it up.

They ended up practically identical, but the 360 is clearly the winner, aside from it's success, it came from nowhere while the PS3 took away more and more features over it's confused lifetime and ended up in third place. Spectacular how Microsoft have done a great job of killing their own momentum, but there you go.

Flashh
January 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
I was offered a job at Microsoft 4 years ago, they called me i didnt call them. They asked me what i would do to fix there RROD (Red Ring of Death). I said we'll if you want to fix it we have to start from the ground up start all over. #1 we have to fix that funky ass design on that fucking thing that motherfucker looks like some kind of ice box or ice maker we have to start over with that motherfucker we cant have that fucking thing looking like that thats the first thing, we have to get rid of that toy looking motherfucking thing. And i dont want to here who cares about the looks of it, the looks of it is important its very important the fuck man You got that thing sitting out there its so fucking ugly, atleast the ps3 blends in with all the shit that you have today. The second thing we need to do is gut the inside of that motherfucker stop it from overheating how the fuck do you have a system overheat? 33% failure rate. How can you come out with a system thats gonna break 4 months 5 months after you buy it. And then you have to send it in and wait a month 2 weeks nah fuck that, my shit breaks on me im going to the store and demanding a new one fucking aint waiting no month you didnt have to wait a month to get my money did you? Fucking microshit. Buy a ps3 you dont have any problems and if you do you get it back in days. #3 we have to tater to a older generation fuck these dam young fans of it there ruining the system. I walked out of that interview, they called me. You know what my answer was when they said i had the job, fuck you i dont want it because remember, 1 NATION UNDER SONY IN SONY I TRUST. Im still waiting on Sony to call me I might have to move to Japan but i dont give a fuck im ready im prepared If Sony calls me tommorrow im there beleive me. And all you fanboys want to defend that peice of shit system its garbage RROD RROD fuck that system. Now if someone gave it to me thats a different story ill put that motherfucker on eBay for 50$ man 100$ whatever there worth.

Bert
January 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
You remind me of the iron sheik on twitter.

Flashh
January 22nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
WHy???

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
They ended up practically identical, but the 360 is clearly the winner, aside from it's success, it came from nowhere while the PS3 took away more and more features over it's confused lifetime and ended up in third place. Spectacular how Microsoft have done a great job of killing their own momentum, but there you go.

PS3 clearly won the generation. Better hardware, cheaper, sold more and stronger exclusives.

You bought six of them FFS.

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 12:58 PM
PS3 had Rajah United Football Club.

LOCONUT
January 22nd, 2014, 1:08 PM
Xbox is for dickheads who hate having fun.

Lagom
January 22nd, 2014, 1:09 PM
I was offered a job at Microsoft 4 years ago, they called me i didnt call them. They asked me what i would do to fix there RROD (Red Ring of Death). I said we'll if you want to fix it we have to start from the ground up start all over. #1 we have to fix that funky ass design on that fucking thing that motherfucker looks like some kind of ice box or ice maker we have to start over with that motherfucker we cant have that fucking thing looking like that thats the first thing, we have to get rid of that toy looking motherfucking thing. And i dont want to here who cares about the looks of it, the looks of it is important its very important the fuck man You got that thing sitting out there its so fucking ugly, atleast the ps3 blends in with all the shit that you have today. The second thing we need to do is gut the inside of that motherfucker stop it from overheating how the fuck do you have a system overheat? 33% failure rate. How can you come out with a system thats gonna break 4 months 5 months after you buy it. And then you have to send it in and wait a month 2 weeks nah fuck that, my shit breaks on me im going to the store and demanding a new one fucking aint waiting no month you didnt have to wait a month to get my money did you? Fucking microshit. Buy a ps3 you dont have any problems and if you do you get it back in days. #3 we have to tater to a older generation fuck these dam young fans of it there ruining the system. I walked out of that interview, they called me. You know what my answer was when they said i had the job, fuck you i dont want it because remember, 1 NATION UNDER SONY IN SONY I TRUST. Im still waiting on Sony to call me I might have to move to Japan but i dont give a fuck im ready im prepared If Sony calls me tommorrow im there beleive me. And all you fanboys want to defend that peice of shit system its garbage RROD RROD fuck that system. Now if someone gave it to me thats a different story ill put that motherfucker on eBay for 50$ man 100$ whatever there worth.

Do we have a Post of the total year award?

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 1:13 PM
PlayStation 3 - the choice of the Administrators (and Poster of the Total Year) at forums.rajah.com

The Rogerer
January 22nd, 2014, 1:13 PM
PS3 clearly won the generation. Better hardware, cheaper, sold more and stronger exclusives.

You bought six of them FFS.It took them until GTA V came out to go from 3rd place to just barely 2nd place, and that was their follow up to the PS2 which is the best selling console ever. The hardware 'advantage' of the PS3 ended up becoming a hindrance because it was a pain in the arse to develop stuff for a 7 core processor with a split RAM pool, cost them shitloads to develop. Although MS stole the show with the RROD, the PS3 is still pretty good at failing itself.

PS3 beat the 360 on points, but the 360 was the winner of the fight. I mean who owned an Xbox fgs. It makes it even more funny how they promptly pissed it away.

I still prefer the PS3, so it ain't my bias. I've bought 4 PS3s by the way, my first one died, my second one got sold when I had no money, and I still have the last two.

Atty
January 22nd, 2014, 1:15 PM
There are a lot of games I preferred on 360, but that is largely due to the controller. I had PS3 first and it's the system I still play the most on.

The 360 lost it's HDMI cable to the Wii U a few months back and I haven't had the need to rehook it. Love the system, but I suspect the next thing I'll use it for is backplay of original X-Box games (I'm getting the hankering for Kotor II again and have Jade Empire on it.)

LOCONUT
January 22nd, 2014, 1:16 PM
PS3 - for people who don't want to use a shit controller.

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 1:20 PM
Both console were shockingly made and I don't think the PS3 should be praised for being fractionally less prone to die than the 360 was. It's shit that there probably won't be any working units of either in 20 years times.

Still better hardware though. The Blu-Ray was worth the price difference on its own and the 360 has never produced games which look as nice as some of the PS3 exclusives.

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 1:20 PM
PS3 - for people who don't want to use a shit controller.

Amen.

Beefy
January 22nd, 2014, 1:23 PM
I say all this but I'm currently considering buying my first Xbox 360 - purely for Sky Go. A basic console, Gold subscription and a log-in from my parents for their Sky Go works out a lot cheaper than what I pay for cable.

Lagom
January 22nd, 2014, 1:27 PM
Do it Beefy, it's well worth it. Obviously you won't get the whole 8 billion channels that come with Sky, but as long as the old man has the full package (:naughty:), then you'll get a great selection of stuff, along with some on demand programming too. I have this and free BT Sport with my internet package, which I hook up from my TV to Macbook, so I get the works, basically.

Miotch
January 22nd, 2014, 2:50 PM
I say all this but I'm currently considering buying my first Xbox 360 - purely for Sky Go. A basic console, Gold subscription and a log-in from my parents for their Sky Go works out a lot cheaper than what I pay for cable.

As someone who has both consoles I will say this. PS3 had better exclusive titles while 360 had a better gaming experience.

Kyle_242
January 22nd, 2014, 3:35 PM
When they were both in their heyday, I was definitely playing 360 more. Always thought cross-platform titles played slightly better on 360, and I always seemed to find better/more competitive matches on Xbox Live than PSN. I did always get that sense that my 360 was just about to break, though, far more than I did with my PS3 (I've gone through 3 360's, 4 if you count the broken one MS shipped back to me, while my fat PS3 is still running fine).

In terms of controllers, I'd actually give the edge to the 360. The first PS3 controller (whatever it was called) was far too light and just felt awful, the DS3 was better but I never liked the hybrid squishy trigger/buttons (L2/R2), the 360's triggers felt more natural. PS3 definitely had a better d-pad for when it mattered, though.

In the long-run, though, I now play my PS3 almost exclusively and haven't fired up my 360 for nearly a year. That's mostly due to Netflix (I have no need to pay for Xbox Live Gold, so I don't), and some extent blu-ray, but PS+ also has the great benefit of shoving free games down my throat that I actually want to play and have no time for, and discounting other games that I also actually want to play and have no time for. Never thought I'd fill my PS3 hard drive, but it's now entirely full of stuff I don't play but really want to. It might be a mental thing, but despite what I said the PS3 controller seems more conducive to playing indie games, and is obviously the best choice for PS1 and 2 classics.

Unfortunately, this was a weird generation because the elephant in the room is that the Wii won, and it wasn't all that close.

Beefy
February 20th, 2014, 6:22 AM
Unfortunately, this was a weird generation because the elephant in the room is that the Wii won, and it wasn't all that close.

I don't think it is fair to say that the Wii "won". It sold a shit-load of units, without a doubt, but how many people bought a Wii instead of one of the others? Not many I'd have said. The Wii was a remarkable success because Nintendo managed to persuade millions of people who wouldn't ordinarily buy a console to part with a couple of hundred quid for their machine. But those people probably wouldn't have bought a PS3 or an Xbox 360. My parents own a Wii, FFS and they're both in their 70s. Like millions of other Wiis it is sitting under the TV getting dusty and hasn't been used in two years.

It's anecdotal I know, but I only know one person who went out looking to buy a single console and settled on the Wii.

Sony and Microsoft would have loved those sales figures, obviously, but it was a different demographic than they were aiming for and for that reason I think you have to discount the Wii from this discussion.

The Rosk
February 20th, 2014, 6:52 AM
How many people bought a PS3 AND a 360?

About three?

How many people bought a PS3 OR a 360 AND a Wii?

Shitloads.

They played the market cleverly and the results are clear.

The Rogerer
February 20th, 2014, 7:18 AM
The Wii was very successful in one dimension, Nintendo were able to create a hot shit product with a killer app (Wii Sports) that people had to have. They left it to settle for years without doing much more with it. It's impressive considering how irrelevant the Gamecube was that they were able to turn it around, but it almost seems like they got lucky, the Wii U was a mistake of many angles, and they squandered a lot of their Wii position, a bit like Sony losing their PS2 advantage and MS may lose progress with the Xbox One.

The Wii did really well as a product, but not so great as a living platform.

Kyle_242
February 20th, 2014, 1:15 PM
I don't think it is fair to say that the Wii "won". It sold a shit-load of units, without a doubt, but how many people bought a Wii instead of one of the others? Not many I'd have said. The Wii was a remarkable success because Nintendo managed to persuade millions of people who wouldn't ordinarily buy a console to part with a couple of hundred quid for their machine. But those people probably wouldn't have bought a PS3 or an Xbox 360. My parents own a Wii, FFS and they're both in their 70s. Like millions of other Wiis it is sitting under the TV getting dusty and hasn't been used in two years.

It's anecdotal I know, but I only know one person who went out looking to buy a single console and settled on the Wii.

Sony and Microsoft would have loved those sales figures, obviously, but it was a different demographic than they were aiming for and for that reason I think you have to discount the Wii from this discussion.

I get what you're saying, but I have trouble leaving the Wii out entirely. It's pretty much in-line with Nintendo's usual M.O., which is to make cheaper hardware and not be afraid to attach gimmicks. Even the NES was inferior hardware in its day, and even that was competing with 16-bit hardware for a year or two.

Plus, it has the N64 effect of not feeling like it had a ton of good content at any given time, but when you look back at the library at the end of the generation, it's pretty impressive. I'd pit the Mario Galaxy games against anything from the last generation.

Trust me, I'm personally not a big fan of the Wii and declaring them a winner makes me throw up a bit, but it's really hard to deny. Years from now I think it'll have its own legacy and everything, people will look back fondly on the Wii, unless y'know they like video games.

As for the WiiU, I'm not sure why Nintendo doesn't just stick to making handhelds. They're ace in that market, and it's impossible to catch lightning twice.

The Rogerer
May 13th, 2014, 5:12 PM
http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

They're giving up on the Kinect

blackening
May 13th, 2014, 6:31 PM
I saw that. Good news for me. It'll be $100 cheaper when I buy one when Gears of War 5 comes out.

darkhorse
May 13th, 2014, 7:51 PM
It also looks like Netflix and other apps will no longer require a Gold subscription starting in June, which is excellent news for me since my Gold expires on May 29th.

Fro
May 13th, 2014, 7:54 PM

I rolled with Wii as my only console. I have a 360 now which I've had for around 3 years but prior to that it was Wii only.

It also looks like Netflix and other apps will no longer require a Gold subscription starting in June, which is excellent news for me since my Gold expires on May 29th.

Yay

Kyle_242
May 13th, 2014, 9:33 PM
I'm glad they're finally stepping up Games with Gold, although it's still going to be some time before it offers the value that PS+ does. Gotta hand it to Microsoft, they manage to get there eventually, rather than stubbornly try to dictate to the market like everyone on top has done at some point.

The Kinect-inflated price point really was the killer for me, since I have nearly zero interest in Kinect. Still don't see myself getting an XB1 in the near future, however, given that I've already invested in a PS4 and I barely touch it.

Also I can't tell you how excited I am that a thread by Flashh has been bumped.

The Rick
May 14th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Yea the Wii won and lost at the same time.

The Wii won as far as consoles sold. They also, however, pissed off the core gamers. Their software line up was horrible. It became the console that "Mom plays". So they also lost quite a bit of their cool factor. They have been experiencing an uphill battle with that console since the start. Heck they started out much the same way with the 3DS. It wasn't until they had more than just one killer game and a price drop that people started to buy that system.