PDA

View Full Version : Football Deadpool - Thread idea

turdpower
January 14th, 2014, 1:32 PM
This is basically nicking an idea from Celebrity Deadpool (a thread where you list celebs before the New Year and if they die that year you get some points)

Just putting the feelers out for this, haven't really ironed it all out and I haven't probably thought of everything.

I propose that you submit a list of 20 footballers (maybe less?), of whom you think will be transferred by the end of the Summer 2014 transfer window (Ideally this thread would have been created in September 2013)

The rules that seem best;

English Premier League footballers only (the lower leagues have too much transfer movement for this to be fun)
Players must appear on the "first team squad" bit on that teams Wikipedia (no reserve players).
Players currently on loan, are deemed to be at their parent club and are first team squad members if they are listed as "out on loan" by Wikipedia

Point scoring -
10 for a full transfer (swap deals, or part of another deal count)
2 for a Loan
5 for a free/Bosman
1 for retiring

As an example? Although I do like the idea of doing 1 point for every million pounds the transfer is, thus making people gamble big (a predetermined website will be used to decide prices)

The deadline for submitting a team would be January 31st, and the start of the game (lets say we started the game today, if you submit a player who goes to another team before January 31st, it wouldn't count)

Thoughts? Do you care?

Bad Collin
January 14th, 2014, 3:41 PM
Why not do 11 players in a 442 formation?

Bennedy
January 14th, 2014, 3:44 PM
4231 formation. Keep with the times.

Bad Collin
January 14th, 2014, 3:44 PM
Or any formation but lets make it a deadpool team

turdpower
January 14th, 2014, 4:53 PM
That seems more complicated than I want to make it...

Torn
January 14th, 2014, 5:38 PM
Sounds good but that formation idea is shit.

Mikey_Jones
January 14th, 2014, 6:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea, not sure about the formation bit. Just a list of players is fine

Rip
January 14th, 2014, 7:33 PM
Aye, stick to the list and i t could work well.

Should really have started sooner though, but I guess this would make for a decent test run.

wardy
January 14th, 2014, 7:39 PM
Shit Collin at it again.

Bad Collin
January 14th, 2014, 7:53 PM
You are all blinkered cunts

turdpower
January 14th, 2014, 7:57 PM
Why restrict it so much? And how you police someone just putting players slightly out of position?

MikeHunt
January 14th, 2014, 8:01 PM
Shit Collin at it again.

name change required i feel.

son_of_foley
January 15th, 2014, 6:07 AM
If you wanted to put some restrictions on it you could always make it 1 player per team maximum. Might add some fun to it if you can only pick 1 whether you go for the guaranteed retirement points or someone maybe making a move

Red Dog
January 15th, 2014, 9:23 AM
So this wouldn't start until the summer then?

son_of_foley
January 15th, 2014, 10:09 AM
there's two weeks left of the transfer window then potentially moves to championship clubs in loan window. Think we could do a smaller version now. If we planned to get the lists in the next week?

Torn
January 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Nah it has to start summer otherwise there's so many possibilities of who will move in the next two weeks its a bit easy. Start lists now and guess who leaves in the summer, has to be a gap.

son_of_foley
January 15th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah makes sense

Simon
January 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Is it just me or is this the shittest transfer window of all time?

Red Dog
January 15th, 2014, 2:48 PM
there's two weeks left of the transfer window then potentially moves to championship clubs in loan window. Think we could do a smaller version now. If we planned to get the lists in the next week?

There are only a handful of us interested in the Football league mate. Of the rest half don't give a shit and the other half probably don't even realise there is anything below 20th in the PL.

turdpower
April 11th, 2014, 2:27 PM
Right what I propose.

You submit a list of 11 players - any position you want and they must be PL players.

You must submit the list by 31st May.

1 point per £1 MILLION transfer fee (rounding up for .5 million or higher)
1 point for a free/bosman, loan or retiring

A website that I will find will determine the fee - none of this undisclosed bollocks.