PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Baseball Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fro
January 8th, 2014, 5:18 PM
Discuss baseball and baseball related topics in here for the calendar year 2014.

The Red Sox are the World Series Champions.
Glavine, Maddux and Frank Thomas will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
So will Torre, Cox and La Russa (best manager class ever?).
Robinson Cano left NYY for SEA for $240 million.

Go.

Matty C
January 8th, 2014, 5:34 PM
Let's GO BLUE JAYS

We can't possibly be as bad as last year.... right?

Fro
January 8th, 2014, 5:40 PM
Yeah what happened, you guys were supposed to be good last year and Boston was supposed to finish last. :D

TimeSplitter
January 8th, 2014, 6:08 PM
Great HoF class. Loved watching The Big Hurt mash the ball.

Jimmy Zero
January 8th, 2014, 6:08 PM
Really nice to see Frank Thomas get the nod. I feel like people always recognized him as a great hitter, but he seems to be one of the most underrated great hitters of all time, if that makes sense.

virms
January 8th, 2014, 6:20 PM
This is the year of the Cubs.

No wait. Sorry that is 2016.

Forget everything you just read.

Kdestiny
January 8th, 2014, 6:32 PM
This is the year of the Cubs.

No wait. Sorry that is 2016.

Forget everything you just read.

Their year was in 1908

connorboy
January 8th, 2014, 6:33 PM
Here we go again...

GO CUBS GO 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Who am I kidding a winning season and a successful Kris Bryant majors debut and I'll be happy

Fro
January 8th, 2014, 7:36 PM
Are you guys fed up with Theo yet or is he still well liked?

Jimmy Zero
January 8th, 2014, 7:39 PM
I'm a Sox fan, but most of my friends are Cubs fans. They seem to be at the point that they understand what he's trying to do, but they also want to see some kind of improvement/development, at this point. Also, they don't understand why he was so willing to sign Rizzo to that contract.

Mills
January 8th, 2014, 7:57 PM
Go Mariners! Beat mediocrity

Pablo Diablo
January 8th, 2014, 8:00 PM
I live in Toronto. We are molded by mediocrity.

Fro
January 8th, 2014, 8:00 PM
Nice to see Maddux, Glavine and Big Hurt get in the HOF, all 3 worthy of their selection. Sucks for Biggio, only 2 votes shy of getting in. He might sneak in next year, but not sure with Pedro, Big Unit and Smoltz on the next ballot

Should Biggio get in though? I don't really think so. I hope this is the closest he comes but he'll probably eventually get in.

Frank Thomas over Bonds to me is stupid, even though I want them both in. You're gonna tell me this ogre of a human being didn't use steroids?
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/l24k.jpg

Mills
January 8th, 2014, 8:07 PM
I loved him in the Green Mile

TimeSplitter
January 8th, 2014, 8:20 PM
Biggio will get in because the alternatives will have the stigma of steroids.

Jimmy Zero
January 8th, 2014, 8:22 PM
Should Biggio get in though? I don't really think so. I hope this is the closest he comes but he'll probably eventually get in.

Frank Thomas over Bonds to me is stupid, even though I want them both in. You're gonna tell me this ogre of a human being didn't use steroids?
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/l24k.jpg

Dude's always been big. He was calling for PED testing back in the early 90's when he was dominating the league. He was the only active player to cooperate with the Mitchell investigation. There's never even been a whisper about him using.

None of that means he didn't use, of course, but I doubt it.

Tyson
January 8th, 2014, 8:51 PM
Re: Big Hurt

If by steroids, you mean doughnuts then yes.

connorboy
January 9th, 2014, 3:43 AM

I like what he's doing in the minor system and we've got some great players about to come through. Only thing I would say is they all seem to be position players and all the investment there has been in pitching there doesn't seem to be a lot of fruit to bear from it yet. I'd also like to sign a big free agent for a bit of experience for the younger lads

If he gets Tanaka then ill cream myself though.

Matty C
January 9th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I would be shocked if Frank Thomas used steriods. He's just a big, big man. He slowed down as he aged as well, which generally speaks to natural progression and not being on the juice.

What happened to the Jays Fro? Our starting rotation was either hurt or sucked. We also had a few career worst seasons from position players. Oh, and Gibbons isn't much of a manager in my opinion. I didn't like the signing at the time and continue to dislike his style. There is a lot of room for improvement this year just by players being healthy and their normal, ie not career worst, selves. Is there enough there for play offs? We would need an awfully strong improvement from our starters for that. If we sign Jimenez and Santana, both of whom we are said to be in the mix for... then yes. Of course, we would need both of them to have strong seasons and not completely suck like Josh Johnson did last year or that comment can be disregarded. Adding in-house arms to the mix and hoping for a healthy (HA!) Branden Morrow is not enough in my opinion. I think we have the goods at the position player and bullpen level though. Especially if Reyes, Bautista and Melky can stay relatively healthy.

We does AA love injury prone players so much?

Matthew
January 9th, 2014, 11:32 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if anyone took steroids after knowing pettite and funaki (smackdown numba 1 announca) took it

actually, i just assume everyone is doing something

Fro
January 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I would be shocked if Frank Thomas used steriods. He's just a big, big man. He slowed down as he aged as well, which generally speaks to natural progression and not being on the juice.

39 home runs in 137 games at age 38 stands out though doesn't it? I'm playing devils advocate here, I do want him in the hall, I just think in an era where steroids were rampant keeping guys out because they got caught and letting people in who probably used them too but just didn't get caught seems stupid.

Torn
January 9th, 2014, 11:37 AM
It's stupider excluding a whole group of players through association on the basis of nothing even close to resembling factual evidence.

Fro
January 9th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Agreed. Let them all in, I say. The fact that Bonds and Clemens got fewer votes this year than last is not a good sign for their chances though

Torn
January 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Matty detailed plenty of reasons why the Jays sucked overall but one probably overlooked bad offseason move was trading away a guy on a very team friendly contract who ended up being the number one shortstop in the AL for their division rivals.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/984/941/793627191_original.gif

virms
January 9th, 2014, 1:10 PM

Well he will start going under the microscope this year. A few of the big farm boys will come up this year, a handful next and the rest in 2016. Definitely some very exciting players on the horizon and while I don't expect the Cubs to make much of an impact this year I am hoping to see them be strong contenders in 2015 and hopefully make a play in 2016. Obviously health, injuries and trades with impact all of this but in theory there is a monster team there in 2016 should everyone hold up. Well a monster offense and defense that is. Pitching is still way up in the air.

I am not so convinced on this Tanaka stuff yet. That's a big contract for someone who works once every 5 days and with the Cubs history of long contracts its still up in the air for me.

Matty C
January 9th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Matty detailed plenty of reasons why the Jays sucked overall but one probably overlooked bad offseason move was trading away a guy on a very team friendly contract who ended up being the number one shortstop in the AL for their division rivals.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/984/941/793627191_original.gif

He was a cancer by the end of his stay here. His first year here he was a breath of fresh air and we all loved him. Perhaps he'll keep a good attitude in TB and continue to be a good deal, lord knows he's talented, but you could start to see some problems creep in this year if history is any indication. Plus, we got Reyes. Like I said, we love the injury prone guys. Durable players have no place on our roster. Just ask Arencibia.

Pablo Diablo
January 9th, 2014, 2:03 PM
Reyes did better than Yunel even with his injury.

Arencibia is also an awful catcher who's only upside was that he had some power every now and then.

Matthew
January 9th, 2014, 2:31 PM
don't worry you guys. we here in buffalo make sure a guy had a good track record of injuries before we send them up to you

go bisons

Pablo Diablo
January 9th, 2014, 2:32 PM
Matthew and Matty we should do a bisons or jays game this year.

Matthew
January 9th, 2014, 2:43 PM
cool i always wanted to go to a red sox away game to cheer my team

Torn
January 9th, 2014, 3:24 PM
Reyes did better than Yunel even with his injury.

You two Canadians
http://www.draysbay.com/2013/12/30/5252348/is-yunel-escobar-the-best-shortstop-in-the-al

Torn
January 9th, 2014, 3:27 PM
The Cubs will benefit from all those years of sucking and getting high draft picks when they get Baez, Bryant and whoever else they have through their system, like the Rays did with Price and Longo. Friedman kept the Rays competitive ever since, that will be Theo's test.

I mean we are talking about the Cubs still here so all this talent might still just bust.

Kdestiny
January 9th, 2014, 4:15 PM
It will, it always does

connorboy
January 9th, 2014, 4:59 PM
And the best thing about Baez means Barney or Castro will be forced out

Matty C
January 9th, 2014, 5:02 PM
Matthew and Matty we should do a bisons or jays game this year.

I've been talking about doing this since they moved. My brothers-in-law want to go to. And my wife likes to shop.

I will let you guys know if we make it down this summer.

Judas Iscariot
January 9th, 2014, 8:39 PM
Stoked that the Yankees are going to win the World Series.

Kdestiny
January 9th, 2014, 8:47 PM
If anything is shitty in New York, it's the sports teams

Judas Iscariot
January 10th, 2014, 2:37 PM
Everything is shitty in New York. The sports teams barely scratch the surface. I'm moving to Iowa.

Pablo Diablo
January 10th, 2014, 7:52 PM
You two Canadians
http://www.draysbay.com/2013/12/30/5252348/is-yunel-escobar-the-best-shortstop-in-the-al

Definitely a legit source. Escobar started off decent for the Jays as well. Then he stopped caring.

Defrost
January 10th, 2014, 8:07 PM
If anything is shitty in New York, it's the sports teams

I thought it was the sewers. Or the East River. Same difference really.

Kdestiny
January 10th, 2014, 9:03 PM
Correct

TimeSplitter
January 11th, 2014, 3:20 PM
A-roids us out for the year. Thank god.

Judas Iscariot
January 11th, 2014, 3:32 PM
:hyper:

Fro
January 11th, 2014, 3:38 PM
A-Rod's trade to the Red Sox being vetoed by the MLBPA is one of the greatest things that ever happened to the franchise.

Atty
January 11th, 2014, 4:07 PM
It really was.

Good riddence.

Judas Iscariot
January 11th, 2014, 4:35 PM
We just got, like, an extra $33 million to play with.

OH HELLO, TANAKA

virms
January 11th, 2014, 6:01 PM
Nah.

TimeSplitter
January 11th, 2014, 6:04 PM
He's gonna be a dodger. You could trade for Josh Beckett?

JRSlim21
January 11th, 2014, 6:18 PM
Yankees need another capable starter from anywhere. Is the guy who they traded for Montero gonna be in the rotation?

Mills
January 12th, 2014, 5:37 PM
Pineda? He's still hurt IIRC. God that trade sucked for both sides

Torn
January 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
We just got, like, an extra $33 million to play with.

OH HELLO, TANAKA

Nah.

He's gonna be a dodger. You could trade for Josh Beckett?

Oh shit son

"The Yankees will sign Masahiro Tanaka (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com) to a massive seven-year, $155MM contract that contains an opt-out after the fourth season, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/426001466562973696))."

Shame their infield is the worst in the majors but still.

Fro
January 22nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Over 20 million a year, holy fuck. Is he that good? Am I just jaded by Matsuzaka or is that a fuckload of money for someone who's never played in the majors?

Torn
January 22nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
It's a ridiculous contract of course but the posting fee rules changing combined with the current pitching market and lack of availability for top level starters meant the price was always going to be inflated. A bidding war between the richest teams in baseball for a guy these teams view as a top of the rotation starter results in this.

Atty
January 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
And the Yankees were going to go especially nuts when it became clear they couldn't buy themselves a Kershaw next off season.

virms
January 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Christ the Yankees are going to be spending a ridiculous amount of money come 2015 on two players alone.

I am sure tanaka will be good but no way is he 20 million a year good.

edit: just read up on some figures. 4 players alone are 403 million in salary and they are already 14 million above the luxury tax bar. They are still looking for a 5th starter :lol:

TimeSplitter
January 22nd, 2014, 1:04 PM
Wow. They really needed him I guess.

Atty
January 22nd, 2014, 1:49 PM
Christ the Yankees are going to be spending a ridiculous amount of money come 2015 on two players alone.

edit: just read up on some figures. 4 players alone are 403 million in salary and they are already 14 million above the luxury tax bar. They are still looking for a 5th starter :lol:

What's insane is he's never thrown a pitch in the majors and is getting this. These guys can break a number of ways. They could be getting a Yu or a Dice-K and it's really an unknown until we see major league hitters get a crack at him. For this type of money, I'd have expected the Yankees to wait until Max, who's proven in the majors and pressure situations, hits free agency next year.

The Yankees defense is going to do the kid no favors in adjusting to the majors. It's very weak across the board right now and if he gives up a lot of ground balls, it'll skew his numbers quite a bit. In the majors, we saw what this can do to numbers when the Tigers stuck Miggy at third and Justin kept giving up grounders to a weak left side.

Jenova
January 22nd, 2014, 4:09 PM
Well with Tanaka going to the Yanks, it's basically starts open season for the big free agent pitchers. For us here in Toronto, Tanaka going to NY is going to make the AL East much more tougher and pretty much forces the hand of AA to land some decent starting pitching to even try to compete with NY, Boston, TB and Baltimore. If AA stands pat and believes he can get by with Dickey, Buerhle, Morrow and a bunch of make-shift starters, he probably will be shown the door next year.

Torn
January 22nd, 2014, 5:58 PM
What's insane is he's never thrown a pitch in the majors and is getting this. These guys can break a number of ways. They could be getting a Yu or a Dice-K and it's really an unknown until we see major league hitters get a crack at him. For this type of money, I'd have expected the Yankees to wait until Max, who's proven in the majors and pressure situations, hits free agency next year.

The Yankees defense is going to do the kid no favors in adjusting to the majors. It's very weak across the board right now and if he gives up a lot of ground balls, it'll skew his numbers quite a bit. In the majors, we saw what this can do to numbers when the Tigers stuck Miggy at third and Justin kept giving up grounders to a weak left side.

Well the defense is kind of an odd one there. Beltran pretty much gives you negative value from his defense alongside two great defenders in Gardner and Ellsbury. An elite defensive shortstop in Brendan Ryan who maybe has the best glove at the position in the league playing second with Jeter who is awful sticking at short? Bleh. Whoever they put at third will probably be a competent defensive player. Kelly Johnson was acceptable in the games he played there last year for the Rays. Whether the bats in the infield will be competent is a different story altogether.

Judas Iscariot
January 22nd, 2014, 8:26 PM
The real story here is that the Evil Empire has begun building the second Death Star this offseason.

You know other than losing Cano.

TimeSplitter
January 22nd, 2014, 10:18 PM
Wish my Reds would've gotten Sizemore. Solid low risk, high reward scenario for the Red Sox.

JRSlim21
January 23rd, 2014, 12:32 AM
Wish my Mets took a gamble Sizemore, seeing as how we needed... ANYBODY WHO CAN PLAY OF.

The backlash if Tanaka becomes Hideki Irabu redux (like seasoned Irabu) is going to be epic for the Yankees.

Brian M.
January 23rd, 2014, 12:34 AM
I'm glad the Yankees looked at the way the Red Sox and Cardinals built World Series caliber teams and learned from that instead of...

Oh.

Atty
January 23rd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Please be Dice-K... Please be Dice-K... Please be Dice-K... Please be Dice-K...

Brian M.
January 23rd, 2014, 1:01 AM
I actually think it will be funnier if Tanaka is very good and the Yankees still only win like 80 games.

Greed
January 23rd, 2014, 1:12 AM

Incorrect. Yankees easily have a stacked rotation at this point IF Mike Pineda can play. OR IF they want to take a chance at a promising but unproven guy (like almost every club at the back end of the rotation sans about 5 teams)

1. Tanaka (he is a legit 1)
2. Kuroda
3. CC
4. Nova
5. Pineda/Phelps/Warren/Nuno

They were much better spending the extra money on Tanaka than settling for Garza or Ubaldo.
7 years is a lot, but there's an opt out.

Yankees main concern should be the infield. There are question marks at every position there, and the most sure thing this point is Kelly Johnson.

Judas Iscariot
January 23rd, 2014, 2:25 AM
The Yankees rotation is fine. Tanaka (if he doesn't pull an Irabu or Igawa), with Kuroda, CC and Nova? You've got four starters there that can hold it down. You can find a fifth starter. If Pineda actually get around to earning some money but, uh, actually pitching? I'll take it.

As far as the infield, I believe Tex will be back and I will always believe in Jeter.

The outfield is perfectly fine and there are DH spots to go around as well.

And Roberston is going to step up in the wake of Mo, though I will forever hate the Yankees for fucking up Joba because he was meant to be.

Torn
January 23rd, 2014, 5:37 AM
Wish my Mets took a gamble Sizemore, seeing as how we needed... ANYBODY WHO CAN PLAY OF.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure you can't play the outfield with no legs.

Torn
January 23rd, 2014, 6:13 AM
The Yankees rotation isn't a weakness anymore but it's hardly stacked and has a bunch of question marks. It could obviously pan out as these things tend to annoyingly do for New York but saying things like they have a "stacked rotation" and how Tanaka is a legit number 1 without seeing him pitch before is over the top. CC needs to bounceback, Kuroda has question marks after his poor second half, Nova is inconsistent or injured.

Oh and I don't know why you would bring up the opt out being in the Yankees favour.

Tex will be back but that doesn't mean he'll be either good or healthy. Come on Judas that infield is a mess. If Brendan Ryan is in the lineup and Jeter is playing at short then that is hurting the team. He has absolutely no range. Moves positions for the good of the team or DH. You just can't ignore defense. I know it sounds completely unappealing but the value of Ryan's glove makes him a better every day player than Jeter at this point in his career given the vast difference in runs saved. Jeter's defensive value pretty much completely cancels out anything you get offensively, and that's not even considering a decline in his batting numbers from a good 2012.

Greed
January 23rd, 2014, 2:46 PM
Jeter needs to prove he can stay healthy at this point, and is no longer an everyday SS.

But the rotation is not an issue. Kuroda wasn't that bad in the second half. His last 4 starts were bad, and his other bad starts were due to injuries. Nova was the best pitcher the last 2 months of the season. He's not a question mark. I don't think CC will ever be an ace again, but if he can improve from last season, they'll take it.

Wrist injuries can be very tricky, so Tex needs to prove he can recover and stay healthy. Don't overlook these types of injuries. Nomar was never the same after the same injury and Batista on the Blue Jays is going through the same thing.

Torn
January 23rd, 2014, 3:10 PM
Nova has had stretches of success like the end of the year before in his career. Also some absolutely horrific ones. He's inconsistent and hasn't proved he can be that starter for a full year. Has he turned the corner? Maybe, but that's the very definition of a question mark in the rotation.

Torn
January 23rd, 2014, 3:14 PM
Balfour is coming home, 2 years $12m, love it. Didn't think Stu would commit this much to payroll which means he's going all in or it'll come down because of a Price trade. Makes the trade of Alex Torres easier to stomach, and also means Heath Bell won't be closing thank god.

Also:
"The Rays have called a press conference for 4:15 this afternoon to make "a significant baseball-related announcement," and Stu Sternberg, Matt Silverman, and Joe Maddon will be there."

:chin:

Judas Iscariot
January 23rd, 2014, 4:11 PM
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/holyshift/Potato-HATERS-GONNA-HATE-TATERS-GONNA-TATE.jpg

Brian M.
January 23rd, 2014, 5:33 PM
Tanaka is unproven in the majors. Kuroda is almost 40 years old. Sabathia is coming off the worst season of his career, Nova is inconsistent as all hell. The Yankees COULD be very good. It could also be terrible. I would say that makes it a question mark.

LOCONUT
January 23rd, 2014, 5:42 PM
Completely impossible to call Tanaka a legit #1.

Atty
January 24th, 2014, 10:42 AM
The Yankees rotation isn't a weakness anymore but it's hardly stacked and has a bunch of question marks. It could obviously pan out as these things tend to annoyingly do for New York but saying things like they have a "stacked rotation" and how Tanaka is a legit number 1 without seeing him pitch before is over the top. CC needs to bounceback, Kuroda has question marks after his poor second half, Nova is inconsistent or injured.

Oh and I don't know why you would bring up the opt out being in the Yankees favour.

Tex will be back but that doesn't mean he'll be either good or healthy. Come on Judas that infield is a mess. If Brendan Ryan is in the lineup and Jeter is playing at short then that is hurting the team. He has absolutely no range. Moves positions for the good of the team or DH. You just can't ignore defense. I know it sounds completely unappealing but the value of Ryan's glove makes him a better every day player than Jeter at this point in his career given the vast difference in runs saved. Jeter's defensive value pretty much completely cancels out anything you get offensively, and that's not even considering a decline in his batting numbers from a good 2012.

Jeter needs to prove he can stay healthy at this point, and is no longer an everyday SS.

But the rotation is not an issue. Kuroda wasn't that bad in the second half. His last 4 starts were bad, and his other bad starts were due to injuries. Nova was the best pitcher the last 2 months of the season. He's not a question mark. I don't think CC will ever be an ace again, but if he can improve from last season, they'll take it.

Wrist injuries can be very tricky, so Tex needs to prove he can recover and stay healthy. Don't overlook these types of injuries. Nomar was never the same after the same injury and Batista on the Blue Jays is going through the same thing.

In my view, the Yankees should stick Jeter at DH for as long as possible. Playing him at short hurts both their defense and his ability to stay healthy these days. He's 39 and at 3316 hits. He a local favorite and team leader. Him at DH, while not having the power of other such hitters, allows him to stay productive and drive that hit total up to where it becomes a major draw for the team.

Tanaka is unproven in the majors. Kuroda is almost 40 years old. Sabathia is coming off the worst season of his career, Nova is inconsistent as all hell. The Yankees COULD be very good. It could also be terrible. I would say that makes it a question mark.

Completely impossible to call Tanaka a legit #1.

This is what I find so laughable about teams falling over themselves for Tanaka. Yeah, he's young but he's totally unproven. Sure, his numbers are lovely but that's Japan. Dice K came over with golden numbers and it didn't really translate. The Japanese ball is different and something always seems to be lost in the translation to MLB, where a lot of movement you see from their pitching in Japan just doesn't follow them here. If the opt out was after, say, two years and were mutual (either team or player), it would make more sense to offer so much but this could really backfire.

Until we see him for at least a year, we won't really know on him. It took Yu a year before he settled down and became consistent. Were I a team, I'd rather have just waited for Max to be a free agent in a year.

Torn
January 24th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Speaking of the opt out I guess they were forced to put in there but it's not exactly ideal. Long term either the Yankees are stuck with a seven year bust or they lose/pay much more money to their star pitcher again in four years.

Max could still sign an extension.

Atty
January 24th, 2014, 1:15 PM
That is the dream. All of that.

Torn
January 24th, 2014, 1:16 PM
If I'm the Tigers front office I don't think I'd be offering Max an extension without sorting one out for Miggy first though.

Flashh
January 24th, 2014, 1:33 PM
So dumb how people actually think AROD did roids

JRSlim21
January 25th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Is Ichiro still on the team? Guarantee he & Beltran get some DH at bats, having to split time with Jeter.

Greed
January 25th, 2014, 3:45 PM
Yea DH will have to be about 1/3 Jeter, 1/3 Beltran and 1/3 Soriano

Atty
January 25th, 2014, 4:22 PM
If I'm the Tigers front office I don't think I'd be offering Max an extension without sorting one out for Miggy first though.

Definitely agreed. Especially as he's now at a position he has business playing and can DH when he gets tired.

And with Max, it's tricky. His value will never be higher than right now. I trust him and think he's legit but I doubt he'll duplicate the ERA and if it's suddenly closer to 3.30 at the end of the year, that may make him not as costly as he could be right now in the wake of Kershaw's contract. But then he'd be staring at free agency and would be a fool not to see what he could get.

Judas Iscariot
February 12th, 2014, 8:56 PM
Because no one's brought it up:

I want to start by saying thank you.

I know they say that when you dream you eventually wake up. Well, for some reason, I’ve never had to wake up. Not just because of my time as a New York Yankee but also because I am living my dream every single day.

Last year was a tough one for me. As I suffered through a bunch of injuries, I realized that some of the things that always came easily to me and were always fun had started to become a struggle. The one thing I always said to myself was that when baseball started to feel more like a job, it would be time to move forward.

So really it was months ago when I realized that this season would likely be my last. As I came to this conclusion and shared it with my friends and family, they all told me to hold off saying anything until I was absolutely 100% sure.

And the thing is, I could not be more sure. I know it in my heart. The 2014 season will be my last year playing professional baseball.

I’ve experienced so many defining moments in my career. Winning the World Series as a rookie shortstop, being named the Yankees captain, closing the old and opening the new Yankee Stadium. Through it all, I’ve never stopped chasing the next one. I want to finally stop the chase and take in the world.

For the last 20 years I’ve been completely focused on two goals: playing my best and helping the Yankees win. That means that for 365 days a year, my every thought and action were geared toward that goal. It’s now time for something new.

From the time I was a kid, my dream was always very vivid and it never changed: I was going to be the shortstop for the NY Yankees. It started as an empty canvas more than 20 years ago, and now that I look at it, it’s almost complete. In a million years, I wouldn’t have believed just how beautiful it would become.

So many people have traveled along this journey with me and helped me along the way: I want to especially thank The Boss, the Steinbrenner family, the entire Yankees organization, my managers, my coaches, my teammates, my friends and of course, above all, my family. They taught me incredible life lessons and are the #1 reason I lasted this long. They may not have been on the field, but they feel they played every game with me, and I think they are ready to call it a career as well.

I also couldn’t have done it without the people of New York. NY fans always pushed me to be my best. They have embraced me, loved me, respected me and have ALWAYS been there for me. This can be a tough, invasive, critical and demanding environment. The people of this city have high expectations and are anxious to see them met.

But it’s those same people who have challenged me, cheered for me, beat me down and picked me back up all at the same time. NY made me stronger, kept me more focused and made me a better, more well-rounded person. For that I will be forever grateful. I never could have imagined playing anywhere else.

I will remember it all: the cheers, the boos, every win, every loss, all the plane trips, the bus rides, the clubhouses, the walks through the tunnel and every drive to and from the Bronx. I have achieved almost every personal and professional goal I have set. I have gotten the very most out of my life playing baseball, and I have absolutely no regrets.

Now it’s time for the next chapter. I have new dreams and aspirations, and I want new challenges. There are many things I want to do in business and philanthropic work, in addition to focusing more on my personal life and starting a family of my own. And I want the ability to move at my own pace, see the world and finally have a summer vacation.

But before that, I want to soak in every moment of every day this year, so I can remember it for the rest of my life. And most importantly, I want to help the Yankees reach our goal of winning another championship.

Once again, thank you.

Derek Jeter

:cry: :nono: :sadwave:

LOCONUT
February 13th, 2014, 1:09 AM
Another steroid chump. Wish so bad he got his.

JRSlim21
February 13th, 2014, 1:40 AM
I'm gonna be upset to hear about this retirement tour all fuckin season. Mo's felt so genuine. Jeter's is going to be over the top and forced. Then again, I always felt Mo was more valuable than Jeter. As much as I respect "yeah, Jeets" I feel this season is gonna look copy cat to Rivera's farewell tour.

Judas Iscariot
February 13th, 2014, 3:16 AM
I will fight both of you to the death.

Mostly GBF.

Judas Iscariot
February 13th, 2014, 3:18 AM
Tickets for his last game at Fenway are apparently already going for $300, standing room only from what I heard on the radio today.

Every team is going to milk his last appearances to absolute death.

LOCONUT
February 13th, 2014, 5:05 AM
Derek Cheater

Torn
February 13th, 2014, 6:17 AM
Fuck Derek Jeter.

Fro
February 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM
http://s30.postimg.org/pfz01xo9d/Jeet_Capture.jpg

Fro
February 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM
As much as I'm enjoying this pile on, I will say honestly that I'm a Red Sox fan and I like Jeter. Not as much as Mo who is actually my favorite non-Red Sox player ever, but Jeter is good people and I would give him a standing O if I were attending that last game at Fenway. Fuck I think the 3 titles in the last 10 years have made me soft.

Mills
February 13th, 2014, 1:11 PM
I don't think he will actually play any of that last series in Boston, but still. I hate the Yankees but respect Jeter. I have a feeling he'llk be in the HOF with 100% of the votes

Fro
February 13th, 2014, 2:47 PM
Why wouldn't he play? If they're a playoff team obviously he would and even if they're playing for nothing I still don't see why he wouldn't. Unless you just mean you think he'll be injured?

Mills
February 13th, 2014, 6:55 PM
I don't really think that they'll be in the playoffs, but there's no way his last game doesn't happen at Yankee Stadium unless they're in a playoff race or he's injured.

Fro
February 16th, 2014, 7:47 PM
Dempster just decided not to pitch in 2014 so the $13 million he was owed comes off the books. Everything is coming up Red Sox right now.

virms
February 16th, 2014, 8:57 PM
Good lord. Who turns down 13 million?

Atty
February 17th, 2014, 2:12 AM
Ryan Dempster, that's who. You really need to work on your reading and comprehension, Vim.

He'd have gotten to spend almost as much time with his family when he makes his trip to the DL about three weeks into the season.

Brian M.
February 17th, 2014, 3:14 AM
Dempster just decided not to pitch in 2014 so the $13 million he was owed comes off the books. Everything is coming up Red Sox right now.

They're playing it up as a big loss but I can only imagine Cherington and ownership's internal reaction to this was "Umm...ok geez, thank you!"

That was a stupid contract to begin with and I was afraid they were actually going to put him in the rotation since he was making so much money. Now that spot will go to Doubront or one of the young guys who are much more deserving and who I would much rather see in there. Plus, you know, another 13 million to throw around. Not that this means much at this point in the offseason, but at least it gives them some extra money to throw at Drew or perhaps make a trade for an outfielder.

Atty
February 17th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Not that I'd like this, but Nelly's still out there and I'd imagine would love hitting off the monster.

Brian M.
February 18th, 2014, 1:25 AM
Blah, I don't really see the need to sign him. I don't think he's worth losing a draft pick and he's probably on the downside of his career. Plus he can't play defense and they already have a Jonny Gomes.

If they need anything right now it's a stop gap centerfielder, because I'm not sure Bradley Jr. is ready just yet.

Judas Iscariot
February 18th, 2014, 3:09 AM
But guys, just a second, it's Derek Jeter's last year.

LOCONUT
February 18th, 2014, 3:48 AM
Rangers are the AL team to beat.

Torn
February 18th, 2014, 5:41 AM
Good effort but you slightly misspelt Rays

Atty
February 18th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Rayngers?

I'll show myself out.

Brian M.
February 18th, 2014, 8:04 PM
But guys, just a second, it's Derek Jeter's last year.

And he's still the best infielder the Yankees have!

!!!

This year is going to be awesome.

Mills
February 19th, 2014, 2:12 AM
Texas went backwards with the fielder trade IMHO. Meanwhile, my Mariners battle for third in the West

Torn
February 26th, 2014, 6:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg3lVThIcAESiXR.jpg:large

Torn
February 26th, 2014, 6:21 PM
Texas went backwards with the fielder trade IMHO. Meanwhile, my Mariners battle for third in the West

Well they definitely didn't go backwards for this season, long term they took on what is going to be a terrible contract but Fielder/Profar instead of Kinsler/Moreland is a definite upgrade, and they also added Choo. The rotation is a mess though with only Darvish any kind of safe bet, only made worse by Holland's injury.

CWE
March 1st, 2014, 6:07 PM

Thats like my Astros enjoying last place...again.

Atty
March 25th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I really hate the new posting system and draft pick compensation. The Tigers need Drew, like actually NEED him with Iglesias out the year, but don't want to sign because they'd lose a draft pick. It's kind of ridiculous that a team built to win now thinks that with the current system the cost outweighs the benefit of filling a major hole.

Fro
March 25th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Just give us your draft pick dammit

Torn
March 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Next season we are surely going to start seeing players actually accept these qualifying offers, which in turn will mean teams should be way more reluctant to hand them out.

TimeSplitter
March 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
As we gear up towards opening day, I will be running a baseball themed mafia game in the board games forum. Plenty of room to sign up if you are interested.

On topic: excited to submerse myself with the Reds for my first full season in Cincy!

Atty
March 25th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Next season we are surely going to start seeing players actually accept these qualifying offers, which in turn will mean teams should be way more reluctant to hand them out.

Definitely. No way does Drew turn down his offer in retrospect. Nelly too.

To me it's just ridiculous that this keeps a team like the Tigers, who suddenly have a massive hole at SS, from moving in on Drew. They're built to win now and it's becoming increasingly clear Max will be following the money come the end of the year.

Torn
March 25th, 2014, 1:40 PM
It doesn't stop them though. If they truly want to win now then they just take the hit of the draft pick. But it's not a sensible decision to do that. Not that sensible decisions seem to matter to Dombrowski this offseason mind.

TimeSplitter
March 25th, 2014, 1:46 PM
At the same time, if there were no draft pick compensation, he wouldn't be available for the Tigers to sign.

Kneeneighbor
March 25th, 2014, 1:53 PM
At the same time, if there were no draft pick compensation, he wouldn't be available for the Tigers to sign.

Dont let logics get in the way of a good argument!

Atty
March 25th, 2014, 1:53 PM
Naturally.

I guess Dombrowski could sign Kendry to play short if he wants to maintain the established defense.

JRSlim21
March 25th, 2014, 8:34 PM
Drew should be a Met, but Sandy's no dummy. He values draft picks more than some father's value their daughters' dates.

Atty
March 25th, 2014, 9:16 PM
And the Mets aren't built to win this year. They have done a rather brilliant job rebuilding from the ground up though.

Brian M.
March 27th, 2014, 5:57 PM
I would have loved to have Drew back this year at the $14.1 million rate. The Red Sox legitimately have no capable back up infielders. That's going to be a problem at some point.

Fortunately the Yankees have no capable starting infielders, so they'll at least be ahead of one team in the division.

hithit
March 27th, 2014, 8:48 PM
Damn, did Miggy get paid! Don't mind the money, little surprised by the length of the deal though.

JRSlim21
March 27th, 2014, 9:25 PM
If he's worth that much, then how much does Trout get paid???

Kdestiny
March 27th, 2014, 9:32 PM
Trout has to be licking his chops for sure

Atty
March 27th, 2014, 9:43 PM
Damn, did Miggy get paid! Don't mind the money, little surprised by the length of the deal though.

If he likes it, he better put a ring on it.

Fro
March 28th, 2014, 8:54 AM
Can't say I'd be happy about that deal if I were a Tigers fan

Atty
March 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm more worried about the years than the amount. Eventually old man Illich will die and when he does it'll be a Marlins-esque fire sale. As is, he has unlimited money and wants to win before he fucks off.

The bit of logic I can see to the years is projecting out where Miggy's career stats could be at 40 and the ticket sales that would attract but he's just one pot laced bender and DUI from MLB cracking down on him. It he does anything crazy like that again, this will be a disaster.

Still, there are holes at short and in left that I'd rather the focus be on than a guy who was locked up through 2015 anyway. Now if it's all a troll on Max, that's worth it.

Torn
March 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM
The Tigers are going to be where the Phillies are in a few years or less. Nothing in the farm system, ageing players on big contracts. The window on this team is closing fast.

Atty
March 28th, 2014, 2:08 PM
Agreed. This is why I don't understand them holding out on Drew. They either win over the next few years or they're boned either way.

Christopherson
March 28th, 2014, 4:07 PM
The length of deal is pretty ludicrous but (and this is a big but, I cannot lie) maybe Cabrera turns into their version of Ortiz as the ageless superstar DH. Trout is pretty obviously getting a 10yr/300 million + isn't he?

Atty
March 28th, 2014, 6:17 PM
At least.

Though he may want to go with a shorter deal first so he can cash in twice in the next five years.

Pablo Diablo
March 29th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Trout 6 years $144

Although 3 of those years would be arbitration years. So really they're paying the more money now for 3 more years of him instead of his arb years finishing and him going for much more to another team.

JRSlim21
March 29th, 2014, 9:02 AM
That is a deal. A helluva deal. A discount in comparison to counterparts or you could argue overpaying a guy who is so young.

Pablo Diablo
March 29th, 2014, 9:50 AM
I think it's a very good deal for both sides. Trout will be 29 when the contract ends so he can still make a ridiculous amount later and is getting more money sooner and the Angels will definitely be underpaying those 3 FA years.

Christopherson
March 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Ken Rosenthal has the breakdown like this:

@Ken_Rosenthal: Trout breakdown with #Angels: $5M signing bonus, $5.25M, $15.25M, $19.25M, $33.25M, $33.25M, $33.25M. Full no-trade.

So to me he's actually being over paid his first three years (in regards to how arb works not his ability obviously) and being paid at, possibly even slightly below market rate depending on how inflation is in three years time.

Atty
March 29th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Great deal for the Angels and Trout. He'll cash in huge at 29 the way the salaries keep rising. Pair that next to Pujols and Hamilton and it's just a phenomenal deal.

Alaso so brilliant for Trout right now as if something happens (injury or whatever), his family is set for life where that could kill him in arb.

hithit
March 29th, 2014, 1:54 PM
Ken Rosenthal has the breakdown like this:

@Ken_Rosenthal: Trout breakdown with #Angels: $5M signing bonus, $5.25M, $15.25M, $19.25M, $33.25M, $33.25M, $33.25M. Full no-trade.

So to me he's actually being over paid his first three years (in regards to how arb works not his ability obviously) and being paid at, possibly even slightly below market rate depending on how inflation is in three years time.

they figured he would've made 60 million plus in arb, so to me it seems like the angels got a damn good deal.

Christopherson
March 29th, 2014, 2:54 PM
Really that much, wow, advantage Angels I guess.

Christopherson
March 31st, 2014, 4:24 PM
Tell me he didn't just do that.

Grady Sizemore take a bow, son.

connorboy
March 31st, 2014, 4:36 PM
0-11 RISP, lose to a walk off homer in the 10th... There's always next year..

At least Bonifacio was decent

Christopherson
March 31st, 2014, 4:41 PM
Or the other 161 games we've still got. You gotta love the Cubs for the years to comes, there farm system is absolutely stacked. Perhaps thin on pitching but they have so many good/great prospects they could trade for who they wanted.

Fro
March 31st, 2014, 4:42 PM
Tell me he didn't just do that.

Grady Sizemore take a bow, son.

Yeah he's looking like an awesome pickup. Obviously health will be the big thing to watch, but if he stays on the field it could be a gem of a signing. Hell it already is.

connorboy
March 31st, 2014, 4:47 PM
Or the other 161 games we've still got. You gotta love the Cubs for the years to comes, there farm system is absolutely stacked. Perhaps thin on pitching but they have so many good/great prospects they could trade for who they wanted.

Yeah positional players we've got a silly amount coming through. We need a brand new bullpen and some pop in the lineup other than Rizz

Christopherson
March 31st, 2014, 4:48 PM
Yeah he's looking like an awesome pickup. Obviously health will be the big thing to watch, but if he stays on the field it could be a gem of a signing. Hell it already is.

I might donate ligaments and spare body parts just to help him out, I'm nice that way. In other news nice to see Chris Tillman still believes in lots and lots and lots of hard hit balls right to his defense. Good positioning by Orioles, yeah just line them up at the wall that's where all the hits are going.

Christopherson
March 31st, 2014, 4:52 PM
Yeah positional players we've got a silly amount coming through. We need a brand new bullpen and some pop in the lineup other than Rizz

When Beaz comes up he might 300 home runs by himself, he might also strike out 300 times as well but that's a small price to pay.

Judas Iscariot
March 31st, 2014, 7:33 PM
Derek Jeter is undefeated in his final season.

Jimmy Zero
March 31st, 2014, 8:20 PM
Jeter is winless in his final season.

Judas Iscariot
March 31st, 2014, 8:22 PM
You're a dirty rotten son of a bitch.

Jimmy Zero
March 31st, 2014, 8:25 PM
:whoa:

Atty
March 31st, 2014, 11:09 PM
Did he avoid a game one injury? That's a victory in itself.

Judas Iscariot
April 1st, 2014, 3:48 AM
That's it, you're out of the will, Atty.

Kneeneighbor
April 1st, 2014, 7:51 AM
Did he avoid a game one injury? That's a victory in itself.

Hold on just a sec... They haven't even played yet. Let's not give Jeter too much credit yet.

Clerk
April 1st, 2014, 7:55 AM
Indians

Greed
April 1st, 2014, 1:37 PM
Trolls.

Atty
April 1st, 2014, 1:43 PM
Hold on just a sec... They haven't even played yet. Let's not give Jeter too much credit yet.

Oh good. I was thinking I was missing something not hearing about him getting injured.

Clerk
April 1st, 2014, 2:07 PM
The Indians will easily win the central division i mean the Tigers being the only team as a threat (not a big threat) we will make a impact in the playoffs

Greed
April 1st, 2014, 8:51 PM
You're confused.

Clerk
April 2nd, 2014, 9:35 AM
You're confused.

?

Atty
April 2nd, 2014, 2:08 PM
The Indians will easily win the central division i mean the Tigers being the only team as a threat (not a big threat) we will make a impact in the playoffs

:lol:

And I thought that I was the one taking the piss in here!

Matty C
April 3rd, 2014, 9:26 AM
Right, I'm not around much these days but had to stop by and say LETS GO BLUE JAYS, mostly for Torn. We'll probably trail TB for the rest of the year so this is really my only chance.

We need to give Mark Buerhle his pitbull back if he keeps pitching like that.

Atty
April 3rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
I watched the end of the Phillies/Texas when I got home last night and I really think Papelbon may be done. Poor velocity to go with no control and only two real pitches (fastball that is no longer fast and a split that he needs the fastball to set up.) He got smacked around for the first two runs to blow the save, then lost the game by walking the bases loaded and then walking in the winning run. I don't mean this to be mean or anything, but he looked completely finished.

Clerk
April 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Indians will win the central with 93-98 wins WOOO GO TRIBE

Mills
April 3rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
Seattle is 3-0. I can't handle this already, best start since 2003. I'll take it! The young guys are producing already, McClendon did wonders during spring training.

Pipkin
April 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Seattle is 3-0. I can't handle this already, best start since 2003. I'll take it! The young guys are producing already, McClendon did wonders during spring training.
And they're actually scoring runs. It won't stay at this pace, particularly when they start playing in Safeco, but they're biggest weakness for the last several years seems to have been addressed to a degree.

Kdestiny
April 3rd, 2014, 12:59 PM
Indians will win the central with 93-98 wins WOOO GO TRIBE

They looked pretty good yesterday...

second place now bub

Atty
April 3rd, 2014, 1:50 PM
Indians have a great core to them. I really love Santana at third. There will be hiccups for him over the course of the year, but it's a much better fit for him long term.

The fact that they got Bauer for so little still amazes me. Arizona has thrown away a lot of great pure talent in recent years and he is a key example. He's not ready for prime time yet, but his velocity has come back up and once he learns some control and to stop fiddling with being able to throw every secondary pitch there is, he could really be a force on the mound.

Kneeneighbor
April 3rd, 2014, 2:59 PM
And they're actually scoring runs. It won't stay at this pace, particularly when they start playing in Safeco, but they're biggest weakness for the last several years seems to have been addressed to a degree.

Smoak is starting to live up to the hype.

Mills
April 3rd, 2014, 4:37 PM
he and Ackley could be great, Cano can have a monster year if Smoak can still protect him

connorboy
April 5th, 2014, 3:28 AM
How long do we have left to trade Starlin Castro before everyone realises how bad he is?

Kdestiny
April 5th, 2014, 8:45 AM
Now why would the Cubs go and do something smart like that?

CWE
April 10th, 2014, 3:34 AM
I love how after the Astros won the first two games, some idiot at my job bet me they would have a winning record. How can they do anything other than ANOTHER 100 lossseason? Losers of 6 of last 7.

hithit
April 11th, 2014, 3:42 PM
I know it's verrrrrrryyyyyyyy early, but the Brewers have me really excited about this season. The pitching looks great and the offense seems to be coming around.

Kdestiny
April 16th, 2014, 12:58 AM
And they hit a wall

hithit
April 16th, 2014, 8:39 PM
Or not

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 8:17 AM
Wow, the Indians are clearly the best team skillwise you cant deny that (if you do your delusional) i mean on paper they look great. BTW There jsut rusty they'll get into the swings of things soon

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 8:43 AM
Or not

Still losing the series, just needed to face better competition apparently :)

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 8:50 AM
Wow, the Indians are clearly the best team skillwise you cant deny that (if you do your delusional) i mean on paper they look great. BTW There jsut rusty they'll get into the swings of things soon

On paper means nothing, the AL central has been the worse overall division for a while now.

On paper the Yankees shouldn't have lost the World Series to the Diamondbacks, on paper the Cubs shouldn't have gone so long without a championship.

On paper doesn't mean much, especially when it's not true.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 9:05 AM
AL central is one of the best divisions in baseball no doubt.

The Diamondbacks were better on paper than the yankees

And what do you mean it's not true?

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 10:27 AM
The Tigers (obviously), Royals and possibly even the White Sox are all teams I'd take (on paper, lol, what stupid term) for their skills before I'd even think about the Indians.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 10:53 AM
The Tigers (obviously), Royals and possibly even the White Sox are all teams I'd take (on paper, lol, what stupid term) for their skills before I'd even think about the Indians.

yes you would. but people like me with actual baseball knowledge would take the indians. me being all american in baseball before suffering injuries

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:11 AM
You weren't all American in baseball.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:14 AM
You weren't all American in baseball.

Yea ok

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Only thing you are all is crazy if you think the AL central is anything better than mediocre.

the Tigers are the only team with any chance for a title at least this year and probably for 2-3

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Only thing you are all is crazy if you think the AL central is anything better than mediocre.

the Tigers are the only team with any chance for a title at least this year and probably for 2-3

You lack baseball knowledge and just bandwagon good teams. Your fav sports teams are prolly..... Heat, Bruins, Yankees, Seahawks

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM
You lack even more knowledge if you think I like those teams.

No need to be mad at the truth Clerk, sometimes it hurts, but at least you aren't a Cubs fan.

I am sure my left pinky has more baseball knowledge than you do.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM

No need to be mad at the truth Clerk, sometimes it hurts, but at least you aren't a Cubs fan.

Pinky? thats impossible.

Anyway if i ever stepped foot in dirt city known as chicago i'd take my own life

And the truth hruts for you that the central is better then your fav teams division

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM

But…but he's an ALL AMERICAN!

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 11:38 AM
But…but he's an ALL AMERICAN!

So is Jack Swagger

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
So is Jack Swagger

Don't you ever put Swagger and this Clerk dumb ass in the same sentence. Swagger doesn't deserve that.

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Pinky? thats impossible.

Anyway if i ever stepped foot in dirt city known as chicago i'd take my own life

And the truth hruts for you that the central is better then your fav teams division

NL central maybe.

thats my division. Indians have been a joke up until last year, but there is no way they are even close to being "the best team on paper" unless you are talking just teams from Cleveland, then you might be right.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:40 AM
NL Central is overrated A FLUKE FROM LAST YEAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:41 AM

Just like the Indians.

Atty
April 17th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Oh, so the Cardinals going to the World Series the past two years was a fluke from last year? Was the fluke that they didn't win?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Jimmy hows chicago still a Shit-Stain
-Psycho666Soilder

Kdestiny

Sorry, their NL pennants say otherwise.

like I said the Tigers are the only team from the AL central who can take it. And this year even the Brewers are pushing for a shot from the NL Central. It's tight there.

Jimmy Zero
Oh, so the Cardinals going to the World Series the past two years was a fluke from last year? Was the fluke that they didn't win?

Of course that was a fluke. We're getting this information from an All American. It's unquestionably true.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM

I didn't say they were a fluke i said the NL Central was a fluke

Atty
April 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Can we have Zeb start to post for him then? That would be an improvement.

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I didn't say they were a fluke i said the NL Central was a fluke

You know the Cardinals play in the NL Central, right?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
You know the Cardinals play in the NL Central, right?

Yes i do i didn't say anything about the cardinals

Matthew

Nah im not a sock but i see alot of people on this site saying Mate so i was guessing there from UK or something. Im from Chicago.

Kdestiny
Yes i do i didn't say anything about the cardinals

Thats who I am talking about.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Thats who I am talking about.

I'm talking about the NL Central being a fluke not the Cardinals. The Cardinals are just above average

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM
So, then Clerk, you tell me. Is Chicago still a Shit Stain? Being a Chicagoan I'm sure you can give us some special insights.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Live in Berwyn not Chicago

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Live in Berwyn not Chicago

LOL no one who lives in Berwyn can shit talk any other city. And you clearly stated you're from Chicago up in that quote of yours Matthew posted. Does that mean you're a (shock of shocks) liar?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
LOL no one who lives in Berwyn can shit talk any other city. And you clearly stated you're from Chicago up in that quote of yours Matthew posted. Does that mean you're a (shock of shocks) liar?

I said Chicago because if i said Berwyn noone would know what i was talking about... And what do you mean we cant talk shit?

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I said Chicago because if i said Berwyn noone would know what i was talking about... And what do you mean we cant talk shit?

Right. You said you were from Chicago and you're not. That makes you a liar. Because you lied.

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Above average = 11 titles.

Does not compute

This guy is fun

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Right. You said you were from Chicago and you're not. That makes you a liar. Because you lied.

No if i would have said Berwyn people would have said "What" Thats why i said chicago. Please tell me how chicago is good

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Above average = 11 titles.

Does not compute

This guy is fun

He's fun like a toothy blow job is fun.

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM
No if i would have said Berwyn people would have said "What" Thats why i said chicago. Please tell me how chicago is good

Seriously?

Someone who lives in Berwyn needs an explanation of how Chicago is good?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Seriously?

Someone who lives in Berwyn needs an explanation of how Chicago is good?

I'd love one

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I'd love one

If you don't know anything about the city, how do you know it's a Shit Stain?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 12:08 PM
If you don't know anything about the city, how do you know it's a Shit Stain?

What are you talking about give me an explanation on how Chicago is good. I know about Chicago i've been there and beleive me it's garbage. I'm sorry that you live there because you cant afford any better but i live in the subberd of Berwyn. You not hating your envyous of it.

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 12:09 PM
What are you talking about give me an explanation on how Chicago is good. I know about Chicago i've been there and beleive me it's garbage. I'm sorry that you live there because you cant afford any better but i live in the subberd of Berwyn. You not hating your envyous of it.

:rofl:

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Dodging a question ehh typical Jimmy Zero

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Was my explanation of Chicago going to change a "subberdin" Berwyn resident's mind?

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Was my explanation of Chicago going to change a "subberdin" Berwyn resident's mind?

nah i just want to see you make a fool of yourself like you always do

Jimmy Zero
April 17th, 2014, 12:29 PM
nah i just want to see you make a fool of yourself like you always do

Ah.

Well, I'll let you continue to show everyone how it's done.

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Guy is off his rocker

Greed
April 17th, 2014, 1:28 PM
AL central is one of the best divisions in baseball no doubt.

The Diamondbacks were better on paper than the yankees

And what do you mean it's not true?

The Diamondbacks are one of the worst teams on baseball, but you know nothing about anything.

It's not true because nothing he said is false and nothing you said is anything more than stupid worthless opinions you hold.

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 1:30 PM
The Diamondbacks are one of the worst teams on baseball, but you know nothing about anything.

It's not true because nothing he said is false and nothing you said is anything more than stupid worthless opinions you hold.

We were talking about D-Backs vs Yankees in the Series a few years back

Greed
April 17th, 2014, 1:31 PM
Yankees were what? 3 out of the 4 previous world series, with much of the team returning.

D-backs arguably had better pitching, with Schilling and Johnson. That's all they had on that Yankees team, and they won.

You really are clueless.

Rip
April 17th, 2014, 1:32 PM
Give him a chance Greed, he hasn't found a baseball writer to copy from yet :lol:

Clerk
April 17th, 2014, 1:44 PM
IDK what you guys are talking about

Greed
April 17th, 2014, 1:53 PM
Go choke on a bottlecap. You're a moron.

Jimmy Zero
Go choke on a bottlecap. You're a moron.

HEY! You hold it right there. You can't talk to an ALL AMERICAN like that.

Kdestiny
You haven't this whole time

Greed
April 17th, 2014, 2:01 PM
Jimmy, he lives in Chicago, go find him..

Kdestiny
April 18th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Wait, but he is a writer from New York, right?

Also, Indians took a loss to the Tigers again and I am devistated.

Clerk
April 22nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
kdestiny please stop posting about sports every post i see you have no evidence or anything you just go by what your fav team is doing.

Greed
April 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Shut the fuck up Donnie.

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 11:20 AM
AL Central decided by 1.5 games. Best Division in baseball

Caito
April 24th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Yeah sure 1.5 games not even 25 games into the year. Definitely a big deal right now...

Caito
April 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Don't know if anyone else is following this story outside of the Boston/New York universe, but it appears to me that people are overstating exactly what the ejection of Pineda last night means for the rest of the season. I didn't hear what was said on the Yes Network, about to go look it up, but both Yankees Radio and ESPN calling the game last night seems to think this is going to be a big overarching story over the year for the two teams. Anyone else get this feeling, or is it simply something that everyone is going to want to move past now?

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Don't know if anyone else is following this story outside of the Boston/New York universe, but it appears to me that people are overstating exactly what the ejection of Pineda last night means for the rest of the season. I didn't hear what was said on the Yes Network, about to go look it up, but both Yankees Radio and ESPN calling the game last night seems to think this is going to be a big overarching story over the year for the two teams. Anyone else get this feeling, or is it simply something that everyone is going to want to move past now?

There making a big deal over nothing. Suspend him for 8-10 games and leave it at that.

Greed
April 24th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Correct answer for once.

8-12, I believe has been the precedent the past decade.

They're**

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Miguel Cabrera is overrated. Especially in a weak AL

Greed
April 24th, 2014, 1:00 PM
Now you're trolling hard. Identical stats as Hank Aaron on their 31st birthdays. IDENTICAL OFFENSIVE STATS AS HANK AARON. You know nothing of baseball.

Caito
April 24th, 2014, 1:06 PM
Miguel Cabrera is overrated. Especially in a weak AL

Yeah that's just not true. Besides, how weak can the AL be when you yourself said that the AL Central is the best division in baseball? And the AL East isn't exactly something to sneeze at, plus the West usually gives a very entertaining race from midway thru the season til nearly the end.

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 1:08 PM
Are you really comparing the great Hank Aaron to Miguel Cabrera??

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 1:09 PM
Yeah that's just not true. Besides, how weak can the AL be when you yourself said that the AL Central is the best division in baseball? And the AL East isn't exactly something to sneeze at, plus the West usually gives a very entertaining race from midway thru the season til nearly the end.

Yes the teams arent weak they just arent as individualy skilled as the NL

Greed
April 24th, 2014, 1:11 PM
http://digitalsportslounge.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/cabrera.png

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 1:12 PM
Yes he's had acouple good seasons but Hank Aaron did it year in and year out. Miguel is a good player but no Hank Aaron cmon now

Greed
April 24th, 2014, 1:14 PM
you dumb shit.

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 1:15 PM
That sentence made no sense

Caito
April 24th, 2014, 1:16 PM
Both 20 years old when making their Major League Debut. Had the same amount of time, and Cabrera has been one of the most consistent players since his debut.

Give me evidence that Hank Aaron was that much better in the same amount of time to start their careers.

Clerk
April 24th, 2014, 1:19 PM
Both 20 years old when making their Major League Debut. Had the same amount of time, and Cabrera has been one of the most consistent players since his debut.

Give me evidence that Hank Aaron was that much better in the same amount of time to start their careers.

??? Miguel Cabrera has been relevant for like 3 years... i bet none of you knew who he was until he won his 1st triple crown