PDA

View Full Version : Rate your team thus far...

Canuck
October 20th, 2013, 1:20 PM
Have you been performing above/below/on par with expectations?

What has been your biggest strength?

What has been your biggest weakness?

What player(s) have been doing the business for you? Was it expected, or are they a darkhorse?

What player(s) have been shitting the bed?

What needs to change?

Have your off-season changes been good/bad/not sure?

How is your management?

Add whatever you like.

JP
October 20th, 2013, 1:42 PM
Have you been performing above/below/on par with expectations? - Well below.

What has been your biggest strength? - When it does click it clicks big time. A few very big wins.

What has been your biggest weakness? - God, where to start? A new formation every week, selection process that seems to be derived from the lottery, a steadfast refusal on the managers behalf to trust in certain (more talented) players, a defence that badly needs a leader in the middle, apart from Zigic (who Clark refuses to start) no consistent threat up front. I could go on, we have been awful.

What player(s) have been doing the business for you? Was it expected, or are they a darkhorse? - When he plays Zigic changes the team and we look threatening. Burke is also showing some great form, but wouldn't mind a bit more end product. They are two of our biggest names so somewhat expected. Adeyemi looks the business too.

What player(s) have been shitting the bed? - Randolph is shocking in goal. Dan Burns' confidence seems to be shot, he's making vital mistakes game after game. Green and Novak up front are about as dangerous as a new born kitten.

What needs to change? - After buying himself some time with results towards the end of the season Lee Clark has washed that all away. We are playing worse now that at any point last season and he probably should go. He won't though, we can't afford to sack him no matter what happens.

Have your off-season changes been good/bad/not sure? - We lost our best players, form and momentum. Hard to imagine it being much worse.

How is your management? - Amateuristic

The Rosk
October 20th, 2013, 1:57 PM

Sliiiightly above.

Everyone has become a lot more confident basically. It's helped.

Defence as usual. Guzan is amazing but the organisation between the back four is iffy. Also the midfield can't score goals which pits a lot of pressure on the strikers.

What player(s) have been doing the business for you? Was it expected, or are they a darkhorse?

Delph has been great. Finally seeing the best of him. Unexpected purely because he's been here injured on and off for years and I presumed he'd never bring it back.

I'd probably go for Lowton. Outstanding second half last season and has lost his place to Bacuna already.

What needs to change?

Okore needs to have a wonder cure for his injury and come back tomorrow.

Good. A number of solid players brought in if no superstars, but we can't really expect that.

How is your management?

Fine. It's ok at the moment. No real complaints.

Gary J
October 20th, 2013, 3:30 PM

Definitely above we are doing well against teams who will end up in the lower half of the table and without doubt these will be the important points. Chelsea skinned us for 30 minutes and other than that we have more than held our own.

Definitely our teamwork our players all seem to be on the same page and it's showing in our performances.

We have difficulty scoring goals. This is a cunning ploy to fuck up opposition plans to mark our danger man. As we don't seem to have one , but it must drive other managers nuts trying to work that one out.

Curtis Davies and Tom Huddlestone definitely been the standouts. Both deserve to be in the England squad on current form. Robbie Brady has been great but I expected that. Stephen Quinn has been a bit of a darkhorse I thought he may have just been a pretty decent championship player.

No-one really we've not had anyone playing shit. Danny Graham is probably the obvious choice due to him not scoring and being low on confidence but he's been holding it up well and being a good focal point.

What needs to change?

On the field nothing off the field the stupid name change to Hull City Tigers. It's ridiculous and .The Tigers as a nickname should be a selling point on it's own.

Again other then the name change can't really complain about anything. It's all good.

How is your management?

Steve Bruce has been excellent and I for one am confident that with his expertise we shall stay up.

Simon
October 20th, 2013, 3:49 PM
Delph is class every time I see him. Either I'm his lucky charm and he's always shit when I'm not watching, or he should be close to an England call-up.

Rip
October 20th, 2013, 4:04 PM

About right, somethings better, some worse.

We look like we are playing together most of the time now, and going forward we look dangerous.

Our second string, and Cisse has been poor.

Remy, he's looked fantastic, and Dummett, knew he was one to watch but he's looking comfortable.

Cisse so badly needs a couple of goals, Mbiwa just looks awful.

What needs to change?

We need a centre half, and rid of Joe Kinnear.

What changes? Remy was a good addition, and we didn't lose anyone but apart from that we did sod all.

How is your management?

Pards is ok, he's better than some people gives him credit for, he'd do a better job if he was left alone to do it.

Mik
October 20th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Shit.
Shit.
Shit.
Shit.
Shit.

Prototype16
October 21st, 2013, 2:01 PM
On par I guess - after a promising start it is becoming the struggle I expected

Asmir Begovic

Can't score a goal

Aside from Bego - Geoff Cameron's improvement has been the main positive. Shawcross is still solid and has adapted well to the new style. Nzonzi can be great when he's not in one of his moods

Jones and Crouch - competing for one spot upfront, recently we've opted for neither. Not exactly going well for them

What needs to change?
Clearly we need to score goals and I'm not sure we're good enough to play the style Hughes wants effectively with the players we have at the moment. A return to two upfront (Jones or Crouch and Walters) may be necessary in the short term before January.

Ireland and Arnautovic look decent - not convinced by Pieters so far but it's early days

How is your management?
Some good stuff to improve things in the middle third of the pitch but the failure to sign a striker when he's clearly not keen on the ones we've got has to go down as a massive cock up that could ruin our season

RFF Champ
October 21st, 2013, 2:26 PM
I've been really impressed by Geoff Cameron, the team looks to have actual full backs for once. I don't think Stoke are far off now, Ireland has the cigars back out and looks comfortable and Arnautovic has talent. Just lacking a striker really.

Simon
October 22nd, 2013, 6:41 AM
About par. If anything, a little frustrating as we could be top if not for underperforming against Arsenal and West Ham. But can't complain with our best ever points haul at this stage of the season, and it feels like we can improve massively too.

The defensive side of our game. Barring that one mad game against West Ham our defence has been fantastic, only conceding two goals in the other eleven games. The back five plus the solidity of our centre mid makes us almost impregnable unless we start taking risks.

Our attacking. Teams know that we can rip them apart, so they sit deep and hope they can nick a goal on the break. If we break through then they have to come out and we can rinse them on the counter as we did in the second half against Villa, but finding that breakthrough goal has been a problem so far - at kick off on Sunday we had scored as many goals as teams in the bottom three.

Paulinho has been the star of the show for me so far, Sigurdsson has found a handy habit of being the man to nick a goal when we're struggling to find a breakthrough, but there haven't really been any stand-out players so far, we've just been very solid as a team. That said, I have been surprised with how good Rose and Holtby have been, and Eriksen is even better than expected.

Walker seems to be getting worse defensively as he gets older, and looks half the player when he doesn't have Lennon in front of him. Other than him no one really - Soldado has had a slow start but finally got off the mark in open play on Sunday so should start to come good.

What needs to change?
The tempo in midfield needs to be quicker and we need to create more chances for Soldado. We're still struggling to come to terms with the fact that teams come to defend against us now. Any time we go in front we look like we could run riot as the opposition have to start taking risks and leaving space at the back, but as I said previously we are having problems finding a breakthrough. The gradual introduction of creative players like Eriksen, Lamela and Holtby should start to pay off soon though.

Bit of a mixed bag I guess, we're getting the same results as last year but in a different way. Obviously we miss Bale, but now we're nowhere near as reliant on one player now and we've yet to see the best of any of our new signings except for Paulinho. I suppose it can be summed up with the fact that we've already forgotten about Bale for the most part.

How is your management?
Fantastic. The star of the show. He's got a huge squad but seems to be keeping them happy, we play good football but he still demands more. He is turning us into a top team, and that's all we can ask. I wasn't convinced that Rose and Townsend were good enough when we started the season but he's been proven right on both counts, and has shown that he picks players on form not name value, with Eriksen and Lamela left on the bench on Sunday due to the form of Holtby and Townsend. I just hope we can keep him long-term.