PDA

View Full Version : TNA Bound For Glory 2013

takerson
October 20th, 2013, 12:27 AM
TNA's biggest show of the year takes place in less than 24 hours, and there is no thread. Whereas the WrestleMania thread is made a year in advance. This, ladies & gentleman, is the perfect example on a small scale, of just how large of a difference there is in WWE & TNA's audiences. But I digress. These past couple episodes of Impact have held my attention and the Bound For Glory card has potential to be good. If booked right, and if the performers are motivated, this show has the potential to be a big step in the right direction for TNA. Coincidentally, TNA's slight gain in quality coincides with Hogan's departure.... was he really the problem all along?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/items/cache/021a6243c2fb8f2f4b70f395ca084d0f_L.jpg?t=138214158 5

One of the best heels in wrestling today, the TNA Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray, puts his title on the line against the face of TNA, AJ Styles, in a No Disqualifications Match. I've personally liked the build for this and it should be a good match.
http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/items/cache/22798556d3058236cede24a142d37503_L.jpg?t=138214166 7

http://www.tnabfg.com/images/matches/Magnus-v-Sting.jpg

Magnus vs. Sting. They've referenced the match where Flair made Sting, at the Clash of Champions in 1989, in the build to this match. Does Sting plan on "making" Magnus tomorrow night? I think so. Should be good.

http://www.tnabfg.com/images/matches/KurtAngle-v-Roode.jpg

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode. A rematch from the main event of BFG 2 years ago. Roode has grown into one of my favorite heels in wrestling. And Angle just returned from rehab looking super motivated, and JACKED. This match is my pick for match of the night. Lots of potential here.

http://www.tnabfg.com/images/matches/UltimateX2.jpg

ALL STAR Ultimate X Match for the X Division Title. They have last year's BFG main event of Aries vs. Hardy both involved in this match along with Samoa Joe & Chris Sabing. Add in Manik to top it off. This has POTENTIAL to be great. It might be a boring, botchy, clusterfuck, but it might be AMAZING. We'll see.

We have the in-ring debut of TNA's newest signing, Ethan Carter III, or EC3. Former WWE NXT wrestler Derrick Bateman. And this new character seems like it's going to be incredibly entertaining.

Tag Team Champions James Storm & Gunner will defend the titles against the winners of the preshow match, the preshow match is a tag team turmoil match featuring Daniels/Kaz vs. Park/EY vs. Robbie/Jessie vs. Chavo/Hernandez.

Women's Champion ODB vs. Gail Kim vs. Tessmacher

And I have a feeling there will be a little bit more. WrestleMania quality? Not really, but this is the best card TNA could put together under their current circumstances and I applaud them for it. I'm going to be giving this a chance and watching this. They've got a big opportunity here to win some fans back by hitting a home run on their biggest night of the year.... imagine how damaging it will be if they strike out here.

Punisher
October 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM
It doesn't help TNA they have to go up against probably the most anticipated SNF game of the season. I'll probably stream this even though I haven't caught Impact since August...

JRSlim21
October 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Thankfully Boston beat Detroit last night. SNF and Game 7 of the ALCS vs this? Forget about it.

Let's get this ball rolling.

I'd love to see Kim win but I imagine we'll see ODB retain and set her up to drop the title to Lei'd Tapa. Kim would probably be a better foil seeing as how she's their best worker. Tapa isn't Kong but Kim could help her hide her weaknesses.

I like Bateman. I'm going to feel bad because if I'm not mistaken, Bateman/EC3 uses the same finisher as Dean Ambrose, and was doing it on TV before Ambrose. That won't stop the marks for ripping him a new one.

Bad Influence needs to win the belts, but we're going to get GunnerStorm vs Hernandez's Hispanic pairing of the moment. As long as Chavo and Hernandez don't win the belts, TNA does right.

Ultimate X is the most unpredictable of the night. Who wins? A curveball could be tossed and have Joe win... ok, I'll stop laughing with you. Could Manik retain and say he beat some of the greatest X Division talents ever? Could Sabin win and become the mega heel of the division? Could Hardy win and give the belt it's most famous champion ever? Could Aries win back the belt he never lost (if you don't count his stint under the Manik/Suicide mask)? A lot of different ways to go here.

Roode/Angle should be 3 stars on quality alone. I can see Roode winning because he's the guy that should go over. I can see Angle winning because it's "his" weekend. I predict Roode winning, especially if Bad Influence doesn't win the turmoil match.

Sting is Mr. BFG. But when he's lost, he's attempted to put over talent. I say Magnus gets his signature win, match quality be damned.

I predict a full rehash of Punk/Cena with AJ leaving without a contract and with the title. The end game is supposed to be Styles becoming the big fish in the pond and I can't see a way for them to not do that and have it look good.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 1:15 PM
This is tonight? Wtf?

virms
October 20th, 2013, 1:18 PM
This is their biggest show of the year? Christ.

StoneColdChris
October 20th, 2013, 1:33 PM
Good Lord, their "Wrestlemania" is tonight? Way to hype up your big show TNA

The_Mike
October 20th, 2013, 2:49 PM
I only count six matches on the card, plus the pre-show gauntlet. And I guess some new guy is getting to debut, because a rookie against some random opponent is exactly what you want as a draw for your AAA show. This is what they've managed to throw together for the biggest show of the year? The card looks decent, but not a single thing makes me say "I have to see this!". I can't imagine this bringing many eyeballs back to TNA at all, but given their problems this year I doubt they could scrape together much better.

StoneColdWWE316
October 20th, 2013, 3:39 PM
Its amazing they've had all this time between Slammiversary to now and this is the best they can do. Anyway here's my thoughts on this.

Im taking Bad Influence to win on the Pre-Show because the Bro-Mans and Park/Eric Young cancel each other out. Chavo and Hernandez need to split already so Hernandez can get a singles push. I think Storm & Gunner keep the Tag Titles on the PPV however.

ODB keeps the KOs Title and feuds with Led'i Tapa after BFG.

Ultimate X should be pretty good, I see either Jeff Hardy or maybe Samoa Joe winning the X-Division Title.

I had Kurt Angle over Bobby Roode but now im thinking Roode may win it.

Magnus has to beat Sting

AJ Styles to win the World Title but i have bad feeling Dixie may screw him over.

Pipkin
October 20th, 2013, 4:20 PM
Wow...there's only one match on the card that I care even a little bit about seeing. That's bad, even for TNA.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 5:26 PM
Guys, I watched impact this week and had no idea BFG was Sunday. What the fuck.

StoneColdWWE316
October 20th, 2013, 5:28 PM
The usual lackluster promotion by TNA

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 7:35 PM
So....Chavo did 3 amigos and got booed out of the building. I'm about convinced that he is universally hated at this point.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 7:49 PM
bro mans for the tag title instead of bad influence tna you fucking idiots. this shit hasnt even started and theyre already making awful decisions

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 7:50 PM
I dunno...bromans made me laugh to be honest. Having Mr Olympia there as well was funny. I can live with it, Bad Influence doesn't need the straps to be relevant.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 7:55 PM
biggest show of the year, you dont keep the best heels on the god damn pre-show.

VHS
October 20th, 2013, 8:02 PM
:lol: at this AJ video package.

And Jeff Hardy... I haven't seen this guy in a long time and he looks like a god dang clown. :lol:

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 8:24 PM
why did this happen

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 20th, 2013, 8:25 PM
They should have given the X match more time. And came up with a non-screwy ending.

Had much higher expectations for that match. Other than AJ/Bully, was only match I was looking forward to.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Hey look.....a Abyss cameo

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 8:38 PM
why is this a thing

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 8:50 PM
oh fuck off tna

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 8:50 PM
ALL HAIL NEW TAG CHAMPS........................BROMANS

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 20th, 2013, 9:06 PM
:lol: EC3

We're the Carters!! Jesus.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Dixie will be uber heel and you will like it.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 9:15 PM
knock outs steal the show

Atty
October 20th, 2013, 9:43 PM
Wait? BFG is TONIGHT?!

I had no clue whatsoever. This has to be the worst promoted PPV ever. It's their Mania, FFS!

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 9:45 PM
:yes: GREAT match. Right man won.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 9:48 PM
Everytime I watch Bobby Roode I just imagine the money and work he could be doing in McMahon land right now. Dude would be a walking money sign.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 9:51 PM
he srsly needs to go to wwe like right now.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 9:58 PM
could have did this on Impact....more people would likely see it.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 9:59 PM
and he does Ambrose's finisher....lol

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 10:01 PM
He's been using it for years, actually

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
He's been using it for years, actually
Really....hmmmm. Well since he left McMahon land it's different.

Hero!
October 20th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah, it's all kosher I'd assume. But, yeah, he's been using it since he was on NXT many moons ago.

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Wow Sting....it's time to hang them up. That match was extremely slow.

GtheMVP
October 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Magnus sucks. That Def wasn't a memorable match, should have take more to take out Sting!

JT4104
October 20th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Naw....Magnus is fine, the issue is that Sting is just old and slow. No knock on sting but that's the way it goes. Nice of him to give Magnus a clean victory and maybe they can do something with it now.

GtheMVP
October 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Magnus is just missing something, hard to put a finger on.

Brook is as hot as it gets though!

GtheMVP
October 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
That must have hurt AJ, sheet!

JRSlim21
October 20th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I like Bateman. I'm going to feel bad because if I'm not mistaken, Bateman/EC3 uses the same finisher as Dean Ambrose, and was doing it on TV before Ambrose. That won't stop the marks for ripping him a new one.

and he does Ambrose's finisher....lol

Nobody loves me.

How is this show from a live perspective? Will probably catch a replay at some point.

Matthew
October 20th, 2013, 11:03 PM
it was ok. coulda been an impact and i wouldnt really have known. even with all the title changes

LarryLuv
October 20th, 2013, 11:07 PM
If not for Angle/Roode, this would have been the worst major show of the year. Even with it, its in the conversation. Everything else was bad.

StoneColdWWE316
October 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM
A very lackluster PPV besides Roode/Angle. AJ winning the Title was the right move but him vs Dixie im not looking forward to.

Punisher
October 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I didn't have a problem with the main event although everything after AJ killing himself developed really slow. Angle/Roode was really good but all the Angle stuff tonight was weird....

Didn't see the Knockouts match but everything outside of that was meh. Sting/Magnus sucked and I didn't even have expectations. Ultimate X was very UNDERWHELMING that match felt like it should've gone another 5-10 minutes.

Jarrod1983
October 21st, 2013, 12:09 AM
First BFG I've missed in years. My old roomies and I would usually get this show just because it is their big show so we'd check it out but I missed this year. Not too sad about it. Last couple years have been underwhelming and my eyes still ache after watching Hogan VS Sting from a couple years back. Nothing was worse than I want to say 2005 BFG though. I might be wrong but that is the one where the big X kept falling during the Ultimate X match and Ryhno ended up winning the NWA belt from Jarrett because Nash pulled out of the show. That was horrific to say the least.

Matthew
October 21st, 2013, 12:42 AM
him vs Dixie im not looking forward to.
you don't have to watch it.

First BFG I've missed in years. My old roomies and I would usually get this show just because it is their big show so we'd check it out but I missed this year. Not too sad about it. Last couple years have been underwhelming and my eyes still ache after watching Hogan VS Sting from a couple years back. Nothing was worse than I want to say 2005 BFG though. I might be wrong but that is the one where the big X kept falling during the Ultimate X match and Ryhno ended up winning the NWA belt from Jarrett because Nash pulled out of the show. That was horrific to say the least.that was a great ending what are you talking about

Judas Iscariot
October 21st, 2013, 1:22 AM
Did TNA really only sell 400 tickets to this?

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 21st, 2013, 1:48 AM
I'll be generous and give the show a C though their were a couple parts that were F's. If someone said this was the worst show of the year, I really wouldn't argue. TNA has what 4-5 PPV's/year now & they're still throwing crap together at the last minute.

The Good: Angle/Roode, AJ/Bully. Angle/Roode was the best on the card. AJ's spot to the outside was absolutely insane.

Should have been better: The X match. I had such high hopes for it. It didn't get enough time and the ending left too much to be desired. I was looking forward to this match the most & it was a major letdown.

The Awful: Angle/Sting -- good lord that segment was awful. I actually felt bad for Sting at the end. He didn't have a clue what to do when Angle 'turned down' induction (lol he just awkwardly patted him on the back & like all the viewers watching, the crowd had no clue how to react). BTW, wasn't the induction ceremony last night?? The segment made absolutely zero sense given they just had the induction ceremony last night. The only way I can describe the segment as is awkward.

More Awful: Dixie's acting. I'm all for giving heel Dixie a shot but she just doesn't come off as the authoritative boss type. Her body language doesn't show it, her voice doesn't show it. She just looked like a feeble old woman with dementia outside the ring during the main event. She needs to find her 'chosen champ' and fade into the background a bit.

Defrost
October 21st, 2013, 2:13 AM
Did TNA really only sell 400 tickets to this?

http://i.imgur.com/xcqxiUv.jpg

GtheMVP
October 21st, 2013, 4:08 AM

Ouch! After Sting's match with Magnus (that guy's the future??), and this awful turnout, I really hope sting takes WWE up on their rumoured interest and signs so he can ride off in the sunset with an epic Taker program, a HOF induction, and many more millions in merchandise/dvd sales!

Hotbeef-Injection
October 21st, 2013, 6:46 AM
It's painful to watch this company sometimes. I can't see them surviving much longer, and even worse, WWE wouldn't even bother with an 'invasion' angle. They'd get Sting in to go against Undertaker and then maybe a handful of other guys.

Jarrod1983
October 21st, 2013, 7:54 AM
that was a great ending what are you talking about

Rhyno winning the top belt at your biggest show doesn't scream ratings especially after you have been plugging Nash to be there. It wasn't that great. I think TNA thought the same because Ryhno dropped the belt back to Jeff like what 3 weeks later. Only reason Ryhno got it was to send the fans home happy after No show Nash. Maybe I was completely jaded by that time because the big X falling multiple times during Ultimate X really slowed the show's momentum. Maybe it was the booze but I don't think it was that great a show. Still prolly the worse BFG for me.

Hero!
October 21st, 2013, 7:58 AM
WWE needs to steal Roode, Bad Influence, Styles, and Storm and then take TNA out back and shoot it.

Jarrod1983
October 21st, 2013, 8:01 AM
It's painful to watch this company sometimes. I can't see them surviving much longer, and even worse, WWE wouldn't even bother with an 'invasion' angle. They'd get Sting in to go against Undertaker and then maybe a handful of other guys.

Vince doesn't need to do a invasion angle after the WCW one went so well. They'll job Sting to Taker and prolly would do actually do something with Bobby Roode. First thing they do is change his name. I can just hear Vince now. "We've already had Rick Rude so your name needs to go HA HA" (Big fake Vince laugh inserted there).

Kev
October 21st, 2013, 8:05 AM
in all fairness its a crap name

Jarrod1983
October 21st, 2013, 8:16 AM
in all fairness its a crap name

Yeah but I'm worried what Vince and Co will deem a better name. It'll almost be comical if and when those handful of guys show up and all have new horrible names to work with instead of the exsisting horrid names they have worked with for years. Either way it will make for good TV.

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 9:59 AM
I don't think it'll matter what name the WWE gives a guy like Bobby Roode. Who will even know who he is? When RVD comes back after wrestling for 3-4 years every Thursday and the crowd gives him the "You Still Got It" chant, they're definitely not going to bitch about Robert Roode getting a name change.

That picture made me cringe, if that's the official turnout, that's just pathetic and it really shows how lackluster TNA's marketing has become. It's almost like they are relying 100% on word of mouth advertising, tell your friends and they'll tell their friends. Wrestling isn't popular enough in general to generate that kind of buzz like it would have back in the 80's and 90's. I think RoH had a better turnout at their last iPPV.

Rhyno winning the top belt at your biggest show doesn't scream ratings especially after you have been plugging Nash to be there. It wasn't that great. I think TNA thought the same because Ryhno dropped the belt back to Jeff like what 3 weeks later. Only reason Ryhno got it was to send the fans home happy after No show Nash. Maybe I was completely jaded by that time because the big X falling multiple times during Ultimate X really slowed the show's momentum. Maybe it was the booze but I don't think it was that great a show. Still prolly the worse BFG for me.

Damn, I consider that BFG my favorite. Monster's Ball, the gauntlet, Rhino winning the strap. The Ultimate X match I'll give you, very disappointing in terms of the X falling. But the ppv itself was pretty damn good I thought. I ordered it on DVD around this time last year off Amazon.com and it still came across as good as it was 6-7 years ago.

Let's be real here, Jeff Jarrett as a World champion could never draw anything. While people sit there and blame the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Nash, and the like for the death of WCW I'm looking at the guy who was their World champion more often than not during the last year or so and that guy was Double J. When TNA would have something different to offer and better overall, like having Christian or Raven as the champ, Jarrett takes the strap and kills the momentum. So I don't know about ratings, I know that it was either Raven or Rhyno wearing the World title right before they got the Spike deal and Jarrett won the belt at some random house show prior to them debuting, I believe it was Raven. Jarrett put himself in a lot positions he shouldn't have been for the better of the company early on.

Slare
October 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Let's be real here, Jeff Jarrett as a World champion could never draw anything. While people sit there and blame the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Nash, and the like for the death of WCW I'm looking at the guy who was their World champion more often than not during the last year or so and that guy was Double J.

I was sitting open-mouthed at how good a post you were putting together and then you dropped that. You realise that WCW was well in the shit before Jarrett got anywhere near the title and he had nothing to do with the horrible booking, terrible matches, backstage politics, aol-time warner merger or the decision to drop wrestling from the network?

Amazing as usual ND

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
I'm 100% familiar with what you're saying as I've been the one coming to bat for Eric Bischoff for years explaining the death of WCW had little to do with talent and a lot to do with the network WCW was on and all the other stuff you threw in there. My point was simply the guy talking about Rhyno not being a draw and how he could he say that when Jeff Jarrett as world champion has proven to be terrible for business. Like Mike Graham said, smashed 100 guitars and never drew a dime in WCW.

You realize that as much as you follow me around these boards you would've seen my posts in the Impact thread talking about exactly what you were saying right? You realize that right? You also realize that you would probably have a better understanding of posts I make if you follow the conversation and not just skim through my stuff until you find something you can sound like a goon about?

Hero!
October 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM
I remember turning on WCW once, seeing Jarrett as champion, and not watching again till the final Nitro. Jarrett holding the top belt in WCW made me think that company was a joke. That man is not, not will he ever be a draw.

virms
October 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Read thru the ppv...sounded horrible.

Angle turning down the HOF? Yes, let's shit on that as well.

Please let Angle, Roode and Sting be in the WWE by the rumble.

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
I'm curious as to what the ending to Roode-Angle was all about. No reports I've read online saying he injured himself, which is what I initially thought, that he fucked up his neck again. It wouldn't shock me if that's how it was booked, they had a stupid ending to Aries-Styles during the BFG series where one guy just fell on the other.

takerson
October 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
It moved along at a not-incredibly-boring pace, which says a lot compared to their past few PPVs. It was not a great show, or even a very good one, but it had it's moments.

Ultimate X had a few good spots, but the ending totally killed it.

The Tag Title Match was very "meh" at first, but it really did pick up. Really enjoyed the last few minutes, which considering I had ZERO interest in the match itself, that's kindof a compliment.

The women's match was surprisingly good, not great, but good.

EC3 vs. Jobber was fun. Very fun. Didn't belong on their WrestleMania show.

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode was really, really good. Loved it. Roode belongs in the 'E.

The Angle/Sting HOF segment was.... weird.

Sting vs. Magnus was a bad match. Magnus getting a clean Submission win over Sting should've been a "HOOOOLY SHIT!" moment.... but it just fell flat.

Styles vs. Bully was actually very good at first. Some fucking BRUTAL stuff in it. The last few minutes leading to the finish really dragged though, which made the finish fall flat for me.

I give the show a 5/10. It was a'ight.

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Sabin was the last guy who should have won. I don't like how they put him in the World title picture just to take him out a week after dropping the title. Hotshotting the title isn't good either, that division was one of the hottest things going in wrestling and needs rebuilt badly. Putting the strap on Sabin just feels like a waste of time, this was I think the 3rd time since he returned to action that he's been X division champ....boring. Fail Sabin.

3 things I told my son that needed to happen were Sabin not winning, Styles winning, and Storm/Gunner losing the straps to whoever won the gauntlet. Bromans isn't a terrible team, they remind me of teams like the Bodydonnas, and I think that as terrible as the TNA tag-division is, those guys were probably the best option...which is sad. But the thing is, Storm needs to be elevated back into the World title picture. It's a crime to see what they've done to him, one of the most over guys in the company, put in a worthless tag-team. I'm hoping we get Storm out of there asap and they build him up as the #2 face behind AJ Styles.

AJ winning needed to happen. The last time he was champion I felt he had a very good run and I'm really hoping TNA lets him run with the ball instead of sharing it with 10 other guys because even though he's done it all, this is the guy who can make fans go "I don't see that on Raw/WWE" The dude is one of a kind and TNA pushing him and marketing the company around him would be a great thing.

LarryLuv
October 21st, 2013, 1:37 PM
The X-Title match wasn't very good. It had a few cute spots in it, but overall, just a bad match.
The Tag Title match was sloppy and the go-home, while shocking, really made no sense booking wise.
The women's match was very bad. Really sloppy.
Kurt Angle shitting on the Hall of Fame and turning it down is just another of the many ways TNA is self-deprecation. They just shit all over themselves and show themselves as a second rate operation at every turn.

That first half of the show was a damn trainwreck.

Angle and Roode had a very good match, but the end did not fit, and it took away from the overall match.

Sting and Magnus was bad. Magnus is terrible in the ring at this point and Sting can barely move half the time. Sloppy. I saw what they were trying to do, but I wasn't feeling it, it looked way too contrived.

Bubba and AJ, it was the right result, but these Bubba main event matches are always the same and I'm just not into them. He's a better worker than he puts himself out there to be. His big matches are insanely slow paced. Rest holds and slow and prodding between spots. Its basically the same formula...Bubba beats up the opponent, goes to get his big shit in on taboo wrestling spots (concrete, exposed wrestling ring) then the baby makes the comeback. Meh. I didn't like it at all, but I wouldn't call it absolute shit, either, like most of the show.

And honestly...how many times are they going to try and make AJ something he's not? He's not a top guy...they've tried it numerous times and he just can't get over the hump.

chatty
October 21st, 2013, 1:49 PM
Havent watched TNA in about a month so dunno whats happening but whats happened to Aries - injured, let contract run out, just not be used?

Normally I could hazard a guess but with TNA anything is possible.

Or was he in the Ultimate X or Tag match?

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 1:50 PM
I read an interview with Bully Ray that was posted on the main page and he talked about how he has a lot more to offer in-ring wise but he made it sound like he's not able to pull the trigger whether it's TNA not allowing him to be the violent Bubba Ray from ECW, idk.

The KO match could've been pretty good, all 3 involved are my favorites in TNA. The only gripe I have is that the Gail Kim/Lady Barbarian pairing SCREAMS AJ Lee/Tamina. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm being extra particular about what TNA is doing since the Dixie/AJ Styles angle is a blatant rip off of what we're seeing with Daniel Bryan.

As far as AJ Styles goes, it's really hard to sell him as the top guy to TNA fans because for 12 years he's basically been everywhere 100 times and back. He can't fuck with the X division because he's done that and his best matches don't need rehashed unless necessary, tag division would just be an even bigger step backwards, and he's been World champion a handful of times. The one thing I will say in his defense is that his last World title run was his best and one of the best TNA has booked period. What I'd like to see is AJ carry that strap a good 5-6 months and evaluate from there.

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 1:53 PM
Havent watched TNA in about a month so dunno whats happening but whats happened to Aries - injured, let contract run out, just not be used?

Normally I could hazard a guess but with TNA anything is possible.

Or was he in the Ultimate X or Tag match?

What's happened to Aries? Doing just fine, putting on stellar matches, dipped back into the X division after the BFG series wrapped up a little while ago. He was in the Ultimate X match. He's another guy though that should be a staple in the main event picture. Wrestling fans, I know it sounds fucking insane, but WRESTLING fans actually like wrestlers who are great WRESTLERS. Why talent like Aries and James Storm and others are stuck on the outside looking in when it comes to the World title is beyond me.

JRSlim21
October 21st, 2013, 2:14 PM
To paraphrase Super Troopers, being a complete and total fuckhead is what's preventing Aries from being the man. Nothing new. As for Storm being made man, Yea creative screwed him over big time. Granted he did get hurt legitimately, but they never bothered to build that momentum up again or try

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 2:23 PM
Yeah it was pretty shocking that TNA did not continue to push Storm as strong as they did. In hindsight I'm somewhat glad, had he won the title from Roode at Lockdown would they have elevated Aries? But the big problem was instead of continuing Storm's push, they just let him keep sliding down the ladder. 2 guys I feel TNA are really high on are Gunner and Magnus. I know I've read that Magnus is somewhat of a pet project of Dixie Carter's and I'm not really 100% sure what they see in Gunner, he looks like a reject from the Ruthless Agression era. Maybe they felt putting Gunner with Storm would elevate Gunner which in hindsight it just made Storm look even worse.

JustDuett
October 21st, 2013, 2:29 PM
Reading about the event itself leaves me scratching my head a little bit about many of the decisions. The Angle/Roode ending and the Magnus/Sting match are especially seeming odd to me. Other shenanigans from the event seem like standard TNA schtick these days, so I am okay with it. I did not have extremely high hopes for the event and was using this as the "line in the sand" moment as to whether I should stick it out further or give up on the product as a whole.

While a large chunk of the decisions from last night point me in the direction of leaving TNA behind, I do have to admit that I want to give this AJ title run a chance and see what he can do with the belt. They have built on this for a year now, and while mishandling portions of it, they stuck to their guns to put the title on him last night. While heel authority Dixie needs A LOT of work to become a believable villain, I am hopeful. There is a lot of shaping up that needs to be done to the storylines, but I think they hopefully get pointed in the right direction Thursday. I think a few people (Aries, Storm, Roode especially) have wrapped up some side plots so that they have been put into position to get back into the title picture and that seems like the right move at this point. I think the next 2 weeks of Impact from this coming up taping will prove whether or not they know what to do with themselves after BFG. I really would like to see it work and turn around.

As far as the crowd size last night goes, I have only seen shots from one side of the house, was the other side/the camera side more packed? You would hope so just due to the fact that no butts in the actual arena's seats is hard to hide from the hard camera angle. I have not actually seen footage from last night, but could probably answer my own question by checking that out :). That crowd size is a bit depressing.

WizoOzz
October 21st, 2013, 2:46 PM
Let's be real here, Jeff Jarrett as a World champion could never draw anything. While people sit there and blame the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Nash, and the like for the death of WCW I'm looking at the guy who was their World champion more often than not during the last year or so and that guy was Double J. When TNA would have something different to offer and better overall, like having Christian or Raven as the champ, Jarrett takes the strap and kills the momentum. So I don't know about ratings, I know that it was either Raven or Rhyno wearing the World title right before they got the Spike deal and Jarrett won the belt at some random house show prior to them debuting, I believe it was Raven. Jarrett put himself in a lot positions he shouldn't have been for the better of the company early on.

It was Raven.

And, they had to do something at the time to keep buzz about the company, because they had not quite yet gotten the Spike Deal, and were on Fox Sports Net. The deal with Fox was over, and they were perusing their options, and luckily Spike needed something to fill the hole that WWE had.

Say what you will about Jeff Jarrett not drawing, but it was old school, Crockett-style booking, and kept viewers turning in - wanting to see anyone beat him. When someone did beat him, he won it back. It's simple wrestling booking - buy tickets/tune in/buy the PPV to see the heel champion get his comeuppance. See: the majority of Triple H's title reigns, especially after the reactivation of the World Heavyweight Championship.

Granted, this booking wasn't getting more than their base tuning in - which is unfortunately still a fucking problem for this company now almost a decade later. It's one thing to maintain a base, but it's another to grow a brand. And the growth that everyone's been thinking should happen any day now, is now looking like it hit its apex five or six years ago.

TNA has been killing itself by signing a bunch of ex-WWE guys/gals and not creating their own stars when they have at the very least competent talent capable of carrying the load. They have had guys that have had tremendous groundswells of support, and have had HOT angles with their base. Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle was at the time hotter than anything WWE had going for it. But instead of drawing it out and milking the tension out of it a bit, they rushed to get it done and over with. Christian being in TNA was exciting - it was seeing a guy who had the talent, but was consistently overlooked in the WWE, and having him make the most out of his potential. But ultimately everyone knew he'd go back to the WWE afterwards. Guys that are that good and have that much upside aren't going to stagnate in "the Impact Zone" for that long.

They've had AJ Styles since inception, and haven't significantly pulled the trigger on him until, maybe finally, now. When it appears to be too little, too late. Yeah, their marketing has a lot to do with it. But not all. Their fanbase isn't exactly growing. If anything, it's shrinking. They sure as shit aren't making money from/at shows when their biggest show OF THE YEAR looks as empty as those sad pictures.

They have significant talent on their roster. They have guys who can put that company truly on the map. But they have people making decisions who frankly are killing that place. Ticket sales and apparently even roster interest in the show don't lie.

Oh, and clarification, if slightly off topic - things that killed WCW, in order of relevance: (1) blowing boatloads of money on (a) talent that never performed or performed badly, and (b) concerts and other stupid "special attractions" during shows that honestly had no benefit toward the product post the NWO boom, (2) terrible booking/not doing the necessary work to create new stars with proper storylines that weren't just rehashed NWO angles which ultimately burned up all of the goodwill garnered by the heat of the initial NWO angle, (3) giving old heads who were scared of losing their spots "creative control" over their characters which exacerbated #2 above, (4) not seeing potential in talent until they were on their way out the door or until its doors closed, and (5) the Time Warner/AOL merger, which honestly was simply the nail in the coffin.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 21st, 2013, 3:15 PM
Went to BFG last year here in Phoenix and crowd was red hot. TNA picked the appropriate sized venue that was full & made it come off great on TV. I have no clue what prompted them to pick this particular venue.

Could you imagine being a performer and seeing all that emptiness?? I'm sure it had to be joked about backstage.

StoneColdWWE316
October 21st, 2013, 4:47 PM
I don't think it'll matter what name the WWE gives a guy like Bobby Roode. Who will even know who he is? When RVD comes back after wrestling for 3-4 years every Thursday and the crowd gives him the "You Still Got It" chant, they're definitely not going to bitch about Robert Roode getting a name change.

That picture made me cringe, if that's the official turnout, that's just pathetic and it really shows how lackluster TNA's marketing has become. It's almost like they are relying 100% on word of mouth advertising, tell your friends and they'll tell their friends. Wrestling isn't popular enough in general to generate that kind of buzz like it would have back in the 80's and 90's. I think RoH had a better turnout at their last iPPV.

Damn, I consider that BFG my favorite. Monster's Ball, the gauntlet, Rhino winning the strap. The Ultimate X match I'll give you, very disappointing in terms of the X falling. But the ppv itself was pretty damn good I thought. I ordered it on DVD around this time last year off Amazon.com and it still came across as good as it was 6-7 years ago.

I have BFG 2005 on DVD,I found it for 7 bucks at Moviestop last year and its a good PPV.

The stuff with Kurt Angle turning down the HOF was very odd and im with whoever says TNA just shits on itself doing that. The Match with him and Roode was the only redeeming thing about the PPV. AJ winning the Title was the right move but Dixie looked like an idiot (as usual) just standing there. What was stopping her from getting in the Ring?

As for the picture of the San Diego Crowd,I laughed and shook my head. TNA sucks at promoting their Shows unless you know about them or watch them.

If they do go out of business I hope Sting takes up WWE's offer,gets a HOF induction/DVD. Id also like to see Roode,Storm,Aries,Joe,and a couple others sign with WWE.

Nash Diesel
October 21st, 2013, 5:23 PM
TNA just had too much too soon and seem to really fail to utilize the fact they're on Spike TV. Idk if they expect Spike TV to do all the promotional work for them, but they need to really get a grassroots approach going if they want to survive. IMO, they should probably cut another 10 wrestlers, keep the ppv model they have going and the "Clash of the Champions" feel they give those episodes of Impact like Destination X and No Surrender. But the killer is the attendance at house shows and ppv and live t.v. They need to street team those events, do their research on where they're going. Big wrestling cities, if they can't afford the big venues, find somewhere that's a suburb or a smaller venue.

It's not that TNA sucks or that their roster sucks, it's that they have minimal public awareness, something Bully Ray and pretty much everyone who's worked there 100% agrees on. Kevin Nash shouldn't walk through an airport and have a fan run up to him asking where he's been when he's been in TNA for 2 years. RVD shouldn't get "You Still Got It" chants as loud as he did, I can respect some fans not knowing where he's been but the whole crowd seemed pretty unaware that our boy RVD was a top guy in TNA for 3 years. Obviously TNA is nowhere near the level of WWE, they don't have the decades in this biz or the stranglehold on the market for the last 11 years like the WWE has. But you'd think with all those big names, all the resources, all the talent in general that they have that they could be doing a little better.

Outside of the US they're actually doing better than the WWE in t.v. ratings in certain markets, pro wrestling itself is having a hard time getting back to where they were in the late 90's going into 2000. TNA getting 0.98 or 1.2 ratings isn't something to stress about because the WWE has seen a decrease in ppv buys, t.v. ratings, house show attendance as well. But again, TNA really does have a piss poor marketing team if it even exists. In 2013, you can't solely rely on word of mouth.

Hero!
October 21st, 2013, 6:27 PM
TNA as a whole just baffles me. There isn't a single thing that they do that ever makes sense. I'm not even trying to be a dick, but they have no idea how to build anything long term and get a good payoff. Whenever they do have something that's just magic (Aries' rise to the top and James Storm being the greatest thing ever) they flush it away and never go back to it. I just don't understand this company.

StoneColdWWE316
October 21st, 2013, 7:39 PM
Its not the Wrestlers fault its just the people running that place who have no idea what their doing. Im amazed some of them haven't tried to get out of their Contracts.

One Man Gang
October 21st, 2013, 8:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfkNvOOiZ_8

Atty
October 21st, 2013, 11:31 PM
Can Angle please come home already? His parents are worried. He ran away from home on the drugs and they just want him to come home.

takerson
October 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Atty again.

StoneColdWWE316
October 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
I love Spaceballs

Fanny Batter
October 22nd, 2013, 7:50 AM
Is there a genuine chance TNA is going to close down then? Normally it'd be a stupid question because companies that seemingly hemorrhage money generally do, but do they have sources of income that are keeping it afloat? Is the Spike deal massive? It's a shame there's a few good wrestlers, and genuine wrestling legends, that are pissing away their careers there when they could be in the WWE. There's not even that alleged stigma against the little uns like there was in the mid 2000's that stopped a lot of these lads from jumping, there's never been more talented, if not particularly charismatic, guys on the WWE roster. The Dudley's would get one last run and a Hall of Fame induction out of returning. Angle, at this point, would probably allowed at the very least a Shawn Michaels 2009 deal of working half a year at most, if not Brock's contract of 4 matches a year. Sting would get a big HOF deal. Jeff Hardy would get a big return and slot in the main event scene, probably get his brother a job as well. Roode, Daniels, Styles, Kazarian and Aries would be given a chance to shine at the IC/US level with room for a push if they get over. What a waste TNA is.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 8:49 AM
Panda Energy keeps it afloat. It's a cute little expense.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 9:50 AM
Is there a genuine chance TNA is going to close down then? Normally it'd be a stupid question because companies that seemingly hemorrhage money generally do, but do they have sources of income that are keeping it afloat? Is the Spike deal massive? It's a shame there's a few good wrestlers, and genuine wrestling legends, that are pissing away their careers there when they could be in the WWE. There's not even that alleged stigma against the little uns like there was in the mid 2000's that stopped a lot of these lads from jumping, there's never been more talented, if not particularly charismatic, guys on the WWE roster. The Dudley's would get one last run and a Hall of Fame induction out of returning. Angle, at this point, would probably allowed at the very least a Shawn Michaels 2009 deal of working half a year at most, if not Brock's contract of 4 matches a year. Sting would get a big HOF deal. Jeff Hardy would get a big return and slot in the main event scene, probably get his brother a job as well. Roode, Daniels, Styles, Kazarian and Aries would be given a chance to shine at the IC/US level with room for a push if they get over. What a waste TNA is.

Honestly I think only a few of those names would get picked up. Sting and The Dudleyz. Hardy maybe, he's fucked up so many times there that he'd probably neve sniff the main event scene even if he outpopped everyone like he was doing before he left. I don't think the WWE have any real interest at this point signing talent that isn't big, green, or a sexy chick. They had tryouts down at their new center and the American Wolves were there, and instead of them getting signed they signed another model type and a big 6'5 dude who can jump 3 feet in the air that's probably never wrestled a match in his life.

With that said, the same vibes were around 5-6 years ago and since then they've signed Mistico (top draw in Mexico), Awesome Kong (top Knockout/one of the most appealing female wrestlers ever), Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Tyler Black, and Claudio Castagnoli, 4 of the top indy talents from that time so it's possible that we could see some of the names mentioned above but I don't know. Not sure if guys like Roode, Daniels were offered contracts and turned them down due to loyalty to TNA but you'd think a lot of the good wrestlers they have would've been in the WWE by now. I know AJ Styles said he'd always be loyal, like Dreamer and RVD were to ECW.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
I think the # of guys WWE would be interested in are very very very very few in TNA.

To me it's limited to the guys that have already established themselves outside TNA (Angle/Hardy/Sting....,maybe Bully if they see any money to be made with him as a singles guy) or are still young enough to develop (Magnus to name one). WWE isn't going to build unknowns from the ground floor guys in their late 30's (Styles/Storm/Roode/Aries) when they've got a great developmental system full of 20 somethings that have a full career ahead of them. I know it's fun to say guys like Styles/Aries are widely known by the WWE fans -- they're not (it's a very very small portion of them). Try to think of any wrestlers in the past 10 years that the WWE have brought in that were unknowns approaching 40. When I say unknowns, I'm talking guys that hadn't established themselves in one of the 2 major organizations (WWE/WCW)

If TNA does close its doors, it's a shame for guys like AJ/Joe/Roode/Storm/Aries. I think the time has passed for them to be of interest to WWE. They are no longer spring chickens. I think they can still do well enough elsewhere on independents and so forth. Perhaps they get tryouts as a favor from someone like Punk/Bryan, but history will indicate WWE will have next to no interest in developing relative unknowns in their late 30s. I think some of you will be surprised at the ages of the upper TNA guys. (All the guys mentioned in paragraph 2 of post above were/are much younger than TNA's upper guys upon their entry into WWE/development system). The TNA guys have such a very very limited return for WWE at this point so it's hard to see them having much interest.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
The one thing that is still pretty shocking is that with the success of the 80's and 90's no one has tried to start up another big promotion, to my knowledge, in 10 years. Prior to TNA there was that one promotion, WXW or something along those lines that was basically the genesis of TNA. I think a match was on a WWE Hogan DVD where he wrestled Mr. Perfect and Jerry Lawler and I THINK Tony Schiavone were calling the match and it was at Universal. If TNA closes their doors in the near future, would we see another promotion that would come out the gate as strong as TNA did in their first year? You have to think the possible financial backers would need to be 100% committed, that they wouldn't look at TNA and say "Well look what happened to a company like TNA, with all those names, resources, they couldn't even stay afloat." Does the WWE's stranglehold on the pro wrestling scene in the US prevent this from happening in the future? 12 years ago it was wide open, 2013 not so much.

TNA just really needs to step up their marketing so 10-15 years from now we'll be like "Damn remember when we thought TNA were going to go under?" The thing is, the same thing was being said when they were dropped from Fox Sports and there shows were broadcast on their website until Spike picked them up.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
October 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
I said it a couple years ago & still feel it to be true, I don't think there's a market today for a 2nd major wrestling organization in the US. I think quite a bit has to do with loss of fans to the rise of UFC -- WWE has lost a lot too. It's simply not something neither WCW/WWF had to deal with in the late 90s. Heenan/Cornette have noted many times that the realness is gone from wrestling. The 'realness' that hooked so many fans in wrestling they now get in the UFC.

A couple years ago, if I were TNA (and wanted to survive long term), I would have based outside the US. If they simply want to stay in the US, I'd form as many partnerships with other wrestling promotions as I could, help promote their talent on Spike (gain some of their audiences) & let those other promotions assist with marketing.

It's easy to say so and so in TNA is clueless. But someone needs their head examined to run a show in a 12k arena. Outside the laughable and depressing photos of the arena, shows can and are made by the atmosphere & crowds within the arena. I simply can't imagine how much money was flushed down the toilet to do your biggest show & production/HOF ceremony on the other side of the country in front of 3000 people. (Renting a venue of that size isn't cheap -- particularly in San Diego). I'd question that 3000 figure, but that's the # that's out there.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
The problem is that TNA just isn't suitable competition. There's nothing new or exciting going on there and fans who tune in cant keep up from week to week with who is face/heel, champion, in what stable, or even around. There's no consistency in the product and its just directionless. They fail to push young talent and think that old talent can draw new fans in. The entire promotion is just an absolute mess.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 1:06 PM
I agree with both of you, especially the part about the UFC as I too feel the MMA boom since 2005 has had an effect on pro wrestling. That could very well be a major factor in why the WWE has toned down their product so much, not just because of Linda McMahon running for senate or advertisers, but because they know that the UFC isn't "family entertainment". I think Dana White said in the interview he did with Playboy mag was pro wrestling is what you watch when you're a kid/teenager, the UFC is what you watch when you become an adult. In today's world that could very well be true.

That's why when I look at TNA's ratings, attendance, I compare it to the WWE's and it's clear as glass that pro wrestling in general has taken a hit in popularity.

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 1:22 PM
I was there in person and all I can say is that most people on here are such internet wrestling sheep. There were 2 sections that weren't full while the rest of the arena was full for the most part. The only thing that was said that made any true business sense is the possibility of not being enough room for a 2nd main stream WWE size wrestling promotion. So what though? That doesn't mean it can't be successful.

Internet sheep keep comparing WWE and TNA expecting these guys to be anywhere near their level within their short time as a company. Most of you are pretty disgusting and personify the stereotypical social reject who lives in a basement looking to shut down peoples efforts. No "We just want them to succeed" that's just bull. You want to have something to pick apart to bring some kind of purpose to your redundant meaningless lives.

This years BFG didn't have a proper build like some of the previous years but it was far from some of the things people say on here about the over-all TNA product. Mega Sheep Hero! being one for sure. The most logical question not a single internet sheep can answer.... Why do you even waste your energy or time with TNA? Don't like Pop Music? Don't listen to it. Don't like fish? Don't eat it. Pretty simple, don't tune in or read about Impact Wrestling. Leave it to "Die". It's a BRAND/TASTE and if it's not for you yet you still watch it or read about it then with that kind of logic you should probably re-evaluate your whole life.

For the few of you who actually care about and like TNA, I sat next to a lady that was press for Sports Illustrated and she told me that she interviewed Dixie. She told her they are going to make big changes on the business side of things and might announce it this week. She DID sway away from Hulk Hogan questions so it could mean that he is legit gone now. She also said that Hulk didn't cost TNA the amount of money some people aka internet sheep keep talking about.

Cheers to TNA and Dixie Carter for giving all the incredible talent on the roster a bigger platform to perform on. They are truly great performers and they are all trying to make it work out for a long term future that will take years, maybe decades to build.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 1:28 PM
Now here's a "voice" I've personally missed.

I will say this, the only time I compare TNA and the WWE is when I see TNA blatantly rip storylines from the WWE, as in storylines currently going on that suddenly TNA has going on....and when I'm in a discussion about pro wrestling's popularity since the MMA boom. Other than that you're 100% correct, we can't expect TNA to perform on the level of the WWE and be as well known when the WWE has 60 years in the business and TNA's going on 12.

I'm a huge fan of TNA and I think while they don't really have a lock on storytelling, they have great in-ring action and some of the best talent on their roster. I think TNA knows more about where they're heading as opposed to us fans sitting on message boards talking about various subjects, good and bad.

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 2:18 PM
I wasn't really referring to you. There is a difference between a positive critiques and straight out spiteful "YUP ITS OVER" comments. I'm not saying TNA is perfect and I personally think the last 5 months got a bit lazy but that's only because I felt their product before that was pretty damn strong and more enjoyable than the over-all WWE brand by miles.

I'm really hoping they use this AJ/Dixie angle to emphasize and re-package some of the things that made TNA in the first place like the X-Division, 6 Sides, Knock Outs. The things that made them "different" to begin with. I've got a feeling they are trying to get passed this rough transition and are going to make moves that will in the end help them business wise on the financial side of things and tweak the product to continue with growth.

Most hilarious garbage I see on here is when people say "LOLOL...only a few thousand show up in a 10k arena LOLLOLL". You have absolutely no clue how hard it is to be in ANY business that is built on a "Draw". It's NOT easy and it's a GREAT draw considering the little time they've been around. It was also their FIRST time ever in San Diego.

Is it a profitable draw considering all factors? That's a different question. I don't know and it very well might not be a profit based on that draw depending on salaries, production costs, marketing ect...

It doesn't mean they can't change up a few things on the business side and turn that negative into a positive with their current draw.

But hey... LOLOLLO 1 Million Viewers Impact Wrestling! LOLOLOLOL TNA IS DEAD LOLOLOLLLLL VINCE OWNS U 4 MILLION VIEWS

Pipkin
October 22nd, 2013, 3:07 PM
I wasn't really referring to you. There is a difference between a positive critiques and straight out spiteful "YUP ITS OVER" comments. I'm not saying TNA is perfect and I personally think the last 5 months got a bit lazy but that's only because I felt their product before that was pretty damn strong and more enjoyable than the over-all WWE brand by miles.

I'm really hoping they use this AJ/Dixie angle to emphasize and re-package some of the things that made TNA in the first place like the X-Division, 6 Sides, Knock Outs. The things that made them "different" to begin with. I've got a feeling they are trying to get passed this rough transition and are going to make moves that will in the end help them business wise on the financial side of things and tweak the product to continue with growth.

Most hilarious garbage I see on here is when people say "LOLOL...only a few thousand show up in a 10k arena LOLLOLL". You have absolutely no clue how hard it is to be in ANY business that is built on a "Draw". It's NOT easy and it's a GREAT draw considering the little time they've been around. It was also their FIRST time ever in San Diego.

Is it a profitable draw considering all factors? That's a different question. I don't know and it very well might not be a profit based on that draw depending on salaries, production costs, marketing ect...

It doesn't mean they can't change up a few things on the business side and turn that negative into a positive with their current draw.

But hey... LOLOLLO 1 Million Viewers Impact Wrestling! LOLOLOLOL TNA IS DEAD LOLOLOLLLLL VINCE OWNS U 4 MILLION VIEWS
Nobody here said those things though. You're building straw men, and doing it poorly.

The criticism is not "LOL they only got 1,000 people!!!!1!" The criticism is that the numbers they draw are somewhat consistent, so why would they book an arena that size? It's dumb, and to say otherwise is foolish. Would WWE book a 60,000 seat football stadium for a minor PPV where they're expecting 18-20 thousand people? That's the equivalent of what TNA did, of course people are going to laugh at it, it's absurd.

And the criticism isn't "LOL they only get a million viewers on Spike when RAW gets waaaaaayyyyyy moar LOLZ!" The criticism is that the ratings haven't changed in a meaningful way in years, despite having a high level of talent and constant efforts to grow the brand. A million viewers was impressive and a big deal a few years ago, but realistically, the company needs to increase that number to be sustainable long-term. That's not hate that is being spewed at TNA, that's the truth.

Obviously the IWC is full of idiots whose comments don't amount to much more than what you've presented, but that isn't what we've seen in this thread, and it's not what we normally see on these boards.

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:15 PM
Aww.. that's cute. The guy made it as far as critical thinking basics to say "building straw men". You're so complex! I mean, it's like you're taking a shot at the IWC but at the same time saying you aren't one of them!

You must know exactly why they have to book those arenas and can't book smaller ones to match their budget! It just went over everyone's head but not yours! I'm sure no one has EVER brought that to their attention, they just probably keep blindly doing it because they want to do it with no other outside factors involved.

Please educate me some more Mr Complexity! It's like you're a new hybrid form of basement dweller meets community college student that almost passed his Critical Thinking course!

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:16 PM
Ahaha mega sheep hero!

keep on dreaming dreamer.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:21 PM
The reason I keep watching TNA is because I enjoy professional wrestling. It's the same reason I watch WWE, NJPW, and anything else that comes my way. It's why I keep up with the local indies and its why I don't blindly sit here and fight for a promotion who sucks 20 dicks. You defend TNA, when you know you can't. It's awful, blatantly awful, and saying anything else just proves that you, for some bizarre reason, drink the TNA kool-aid and praise them, regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

This promotion flat out sucks. Stop defending it. Stop bad mouthing those who criticize it. Watch some good wrestling. Stop being a sheep, tool, fool, and straight-up ass clown.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:21 PM
Ps I had no clue who stanleysurfer was till I looked through his post history. Jesus Christ...

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:23 PM
Dayymm.. that's cold son. Getting dat "dream on dreamer" from a guy with some Power Rangers looking avatar really puts dat nail in the coffin.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:24 PM
I know man, we can't all be as cool and edgy as SATANIC SURFER Jesus Christ your balls must be made of iron

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:24 PM
Putting on his big boy pants now. Bahhh Bahhhhh... That's what I'm getting from your dribble sheep kid.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:25 PM
I'm thinking of changing my usernames to xELHERODIABLO666x what do you think will it make me look tough ?

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:27 PM
tna is sogood they r bettr then wwe I love there storylines that go nowhere those r the best omfg BFG 4 lyf

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:27 PM
Probably not puss n boots but you can feel free to continue this conversation with me on my facebook page.
www.facebook.com/iamdanieldavid

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
You think WWE sucks? Typical sheep kid. WWE is solid right now.

virms
October 22nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
Hero has been raped much like Jonah Hill was in This Is The End. Terrible.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:29 PM
Woosh is the sound sarcasm makes as it flies right over Stan's head.

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:30 PM
I'm not mad at ya HERO!. I'm fighting for ya to make sure you get proper medication to end your pain so you can hopefully do something with your life besides cry about TNA and continue to watch it.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:31 PM
Hero has been raped much like Jonah Hill was in This Is The End. Terrible.

Stan has destroid me ill never come back from this

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:32 PM
I'm not mad at ya HERO!. I'm fighting for ya to make sure you get proper medication to end your pain so you can hopefully do something with your life besides cry about TNA and continue to watch it.

Shit man I need a good cry right now I have been destroyed here by stanley surfer

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:33 PM
Check out the kid with the Power Rangers avatar that watches a show he thinks is garbage under his own will. I'm crossing my fingers Obama gets you some medication so that you can understand how that makes no sense. Prayers sent your way child... God bless.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 3:37 PM
It does interest me when I hear someone say "I watch TNA because I enjoy pro wrestling....but they suck." What exactly brings a fan to keep watching something they feel sucks? I'm a fan of comedy, but I think Jay Leno sucks, therefore I don't watch his show, not even if someone I enjoy is going to be a guest because I just think his show flat out sucks. Is it the in-ring action that keeps someone like Hero! from doing something more useful with his time than watching something he feels "sucks" or is it deep down inside you do like TNA, you think they have a good product, but don't want to admit it because sometimes, it's the cool thing to shit on something doing bad when we couldn't do any better ourselves.

I can tell you right now, no wrestling company before or after TNA has done what they've done in that short amount of time and that could very well be why we expect more out of them because you look at a company like Ring of Honor, CZW, Chikara, NWA Hollywood, PWG, some of these companies going on 10+ years and haven't made any moves like TNA has. But the flipside is none of those companies to my knowledge have the funds to make these moves happen. That's a big thing. RoH should be doing a lot better, production wise, talent wise, not saying every wrestler they have is lame but they've got maybe 12 guys that stand out, everyone else not so much....

Pipkin
October 22nd, 2013, 3:39 PM
Aww.. that's cute. The guy made it as far as critical thinking basics to say "building straw men". You're so complex! I mean, it's like you're taking a shot at the IWC but at the same time saying you aren't one of them!

You must know exactly why they have to book those arenas and can't book smaller ones to match their budget! It just went over everyone's head but not yours! I'm sure no one has EVER brought that to their attention, they just probably keep blindly doing it because they want to do it with no other outside factors involved.

Please educate me some more Mr Complexity! It's like you're a new hybrid form of basement dweller meets community college student that almost passed his Critical Thinking course!
:rofl:

You don't really understand words do you?

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:39 PM
no man not the avatar say what you want about me but leave the avatar out of this

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:42 PM
Naww man.. you need to watch Jay Leno. It's going over your head dawg. You just don't know good comedy. I think you should continue to watch it because you're a fan of the giggles.

Err...Try not to make so much sense, it's an internet wrestling forum. KTHX!

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:44 PM
Pippy and Hero the dynamic duo saviors of the basement dweller internet wrestling fan community are coming out strong! Taking me to the limit son! Watch out!!

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:51 PM
HERO! & PIP PRESENTS: Blog #1 - I Am The Wrestling Fan.

All 3 followers of the Duo are in for a real treat.. Subscribe today to understand the complexities of being a Business Guru / Wrestling Fan.

"TNA Is GARBAGE you're a BLIND FOOL DRINKIN KOOLAID.. "

Don't miss Blog #2 - "TNA: We Watch It cause it Hurts So Good"

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:52 PM
It does interest me when I hear someone say "I watch TNA because I enjoy pro wrestling....but they suck." What exactly brings a fan to keep watching something they feel sucks?

I like wrestling, therefore I watch it. Good, bad, and everything in between. Can't criticize something that you don't follow. I follow TNA and say they suck. They've had some moments of brilliance with Aries' big push, Hardy's heel run, The concept of aces & eights, etc, but for the most part...they are awful. And I can say tha BECAUSE I watch the product will continue to do so as long as I have the time.

Hero!
October 22nd, 2013, 3:53 PM
Pippy and Hero the dynamic duo saviors of the basement dweller internet wrestling fan community are coming out strong! Taking me to the limit son! Watch out!!

Translation: "I have nothing of substance to say, so I'm just gonna insult people"

here I can do it too!! Stan has a tiny penis LOLOLLLL!!!

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 3:59 PM
"as long as I have the time"

LOL!!!!! Man... this guy needs his own You Tube channel cause that joke was gold. Beyond anything main stream T.V comedians put out there.

Pipkin
October 22nd, 2013, 3:59 PM
satanicsurfer, I'm going to be totally honest with you. There are lots of people with oddball opinions around here. There are lots of people on this board that just aren't very intelligent. And there are lots of people here that enjoy the attention they get from debating more than the information. But you seem genuinely incapable of forming a single logical thought or argument. There may actually be something wrong with you, and if that's the case, it's a shame.

I'm not trying to provoke you or humiliate you or anything like that. I just hope that at some point in your life you will realize what a ridiculous human being you are and try to change, because the world is a worse place for your existence.

Good day.

Nash Diesel
October 22nd, 2013, 4:00 PM
I like wrestling, therefore I watch it. Good, bad, and everything in between. Can't criticize something that you don't follow. I follow TNA and say they suck. They've had some moments of brilliance with Aries' big push, Hardy's heel run, The concept of aces & eights, etc, but for the most part...they are awful. And I can say tha BECAUSE I watch the product will continue to do so as long as I have the time.

:yes: I can dig that. That's how I feel when I watch Ring of Honor. I deal with the "even worse than ECW Arena" camera quality, terrible entrance music, and lack of character depth simply to see the good shit that rises to the top here and there.

The funny thing is, if you compared the negativity TNA gets and WWE, TNA actually has it made lol. There are definitely more people brutally shitting on the WWE more than TNA.

satanicsurfer
October 22nd, 2013, 4:02 PM
God bless you child, I appreciate the love and care. Now off you go to study for your Critical Thinking basics class that you never passed. Thank you my Straw Friend!

Fanny Batter
October 22nd, 2013, 6:05 PM
Honestly I think only a few of those names would get picked up. Sting and The Dudleyz. Hardy maybe, he's fucked up so many times there that he'd probably neve sniff the main event scene even if he outpopped everyone like he was doing before he left. I don't think the WWE have any real interest at this point signing talent that isn't big, green, or a sexy chick. They had tryouts down at their new center and the American Wolves were there, and instead of them getting signed they signed another model type and a big 6'5 dude who can jump 3 feet in the air that's probably never wrestled a match in his life.

With that said, the same vibes were around 5-6 years ago and since then they've signed Mistico (top draw in Mexico), Awesome Kong (top Knockout/one of the most appealing female wrestlers ever), Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Tyler Black, and Claudio Castagnoli, 4 of the top indy talents from that time so it's possible that we could see some of the names mentioned above but I don't know. Not sure if guys like Roode, Daniels were offered contracts and turned them down due to loyalty to TNA but you'd think a lot of the good wrestlers they have would've been in the WWE by now. I know AJ Styles said he'd always be loyal, like Dreamer and RVD were to ECW.

Richards and Edwards aren't particularly good though, with no upside when it comes to being the complete package. Aries, Daniels, Roode and Kazarian have proven talented when it comes to character work so would be more favoured over a couple of very vanilla personalities. Daniels is getting on so maybe he wouldn't be taken on, the others are fresh though. Remember that lawsuit between TNA/WWE was bubbling up until the spring/summer this year so they were avoiding poaching any talent. Some guys have been offered developmental deals and not taken the risk of taking a paycut during the duration of development without seeing the big picture.

The_Mike
October 22nd, 2013, 9:09 PM
God bless you child, I appreciate the love and care. Now off you go to study for your Critical Thinking basics class that you never passed. Thank you my Straw Friend!

Be careful with that burn, your straw friend is incredibly flammable.

virms
October 22nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Hero is a flamer.

LarryLuv
October 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM

TNA is where wrestlers go to retire. They are required to do very little and will get a consistent pay check to do so. The company has never really been interested in wrestlers on the come up, just wrestlers coming down. Even the hot Indy talent they have acquired over the years were guys the WWE really didn't have an interest in or discarded at some point (Joe, despite numerous people recommending him, was surely a weight thing...Aries was told no by of all avenues, Tough Enough...Styles wasn't wanted after the WCW buy out...Kaz was fired...they never really had interest in Daniels).

The talent that was in the WWE at one point would surely have a home, even on lax deals, I'm sure. Some of the other talent, maybe they cherry pick some of them, but I think most of the internet would be shocked at how few of them the WWE would take, nevermind slotting them on the main roster right away. They've had a chance to take most of them whenever they'd want, but they never really take'em.

StoneColdWWE316
October 23rd, 2013, 1:34 AM
The problem is that TNA just isn't suitable competition. There's nothing new or exciting going on there and fans who tune in cant keep up from week to week with who is face/heel, champion, in what stable, or even around. There's no consistency in the product and its just directionless. They fail to push young talent and think that old talent can draw new fans in. The entire promotion is just an absolute mess.

I agree with this 100% and another thing I think hurts TNA is the revolving door of guys who come & go on Impact. For a few weeks there's a select number of guys on and then it changes again with a different number of guys. The Show also moves way too fast and there is never anytime to digest what happens. Title change oh jump backstage or Match ends oh no time for replays. They need to work on for the formatics of Impact.

Nash Diesel
October 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
TNA is where wrestlers go to retire. They are required to do very little and will get a consistent pay check to do so. The company has never really been interested in wrestlers on the come up, just wrestlers coming down. Even the hot Indy talent they have acquired over the years were guys the WWE really didn't have an interest in or discarded at some point (Joe, despite numerous people recommending him, was surely a weight thing...Aries was told no by of all avenues, Tough Enough...Styles wasn't wanted after the WCW buy out...Kaz was fired...they never really had interest in Daniels).

The talent that was in the WWE at one point would surely have a home, even on lax deals, I'm sure. Some of the other talent, maybe they cherry pick some of them, but I think most of the internet would be shocked at how few of them the WWE would take, nevermind slotting them on the main roster right away. They've had a chance to take most of them whenever they'd want, but they never really take'em.

I know I've heard AJ Styles say over the years the WWE has tried to sign him but he's loyal to TNA, very similar to RVD and Tommy Dreamer turning down contracts from WWF and WCW due to their loyalty to ECW. Aries, I've only heard Tough Enough, which the WWE didn't have a say in who was chosen for that, it was all USA from what I read. Joe is another guy who back when CM Punk was signed by the WWE was also on the E's radar but he chose to go to TNA and honestly at the time it was probably for the better because I don't think the WWE would've pushed him as hard as TNA did the first 2-3 years. Kaz wasn't fired, he left the WWE because they wanted him to cut his hair and he didn't feel he was going to be used correctly, then ironically he returned to TNA to wrestle Senshi and the fucker had short hair lol.

So I definitely think there were times where the WWE wanted some of the top guys in TNA, but those wrestlers probably felt that they had a better chance at being pushed harder in TNA than WWE. The report online that says the WWE is scaling back on trying to pick up indy talent so they can basically create stars from the ground up starting at the performance center in Florida is probably true. On the flipside, in the last year or so they've grabbed El Generico, PAC, Brodie Lee, so there's still some interest but we'll see if that interest wanes as the performance center grows.

I agree with this 100% and another thing I think hurts TNA is the revolving door of guys who come & go on Impact. For a few weeks there's a select number of guys on and then it changes again with a different number of guys. The Show also moves way too fast and there is never anytime to digest what happens. Title change oh jump backstage or Match ends oh no time for replays. They need to work on for the formatics of Impact.

I agree with you here.