PDA

View Full Version : Yet another bridge burnt by our friend Low Ki

Defrost
September 26th, 2013, 4:44 AM
From the Observer

Low Ki was announced as being off the rest of the tour after the Akebono match on 9/16 due to broken ribs. A few days earlier, Low Ki had tried to fight Hikaru Sato, a former Pancrase protege of Minoru Suzuki (probably not the right guy to want to start a fight with). There wasn’t an actual fight, but it didn’t do him any favors and he was pretty down on options after his playing Halloween dress-up at the Tokyo Dome show unauthorized by the promotion (and then absolutely tearing the house down with his wrestling) in January. I still can’t get over his blowing it with New Japan at this stage of his career but he did. The perception from there was more than questioning if the rib injury was legit. Either way, because of the Sato incident, he was said to have been fired, but even if he quit, he’s not expected back. That didn’t take long.

McBain
September 26th, 2013, 5:20 AM
Bell-end

takerson
September 26th, 2013, 7:46 AM
Bell-end

^^^What he said^^^

What a 'tard.

Cewsh
September 26th, 2013, 8:27 AM
So talented, so unemployable.

Nash Diesel
September 26th, 2013, 9:26 AM
Didn't this guy retire not too long ago? I've been out of the loop with my Japanese wrasslin' but again, thought homeboy was retired.

StoneColdWWE316
September 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Low-Ki is just overrated

Cewsh
September 26th, 2013, 4:45 PM
How so?

Rip
September 26th, 2013, 4:48 PM
Where does that leave him now?

TNA return, does he have any other options left?

MikeHunt
September 26th, 2013, 4:52 PM
voice acting he could surely make a fucking fortune.

Cewsh
September 26th, 2013, 5:49 PM
He burnt his bridge in TNA also.

Maybe NOAH? I think that's the last major promotion he hasn't pissed off.

Defrost
September 26th, 2013, 6:30 PM
No he pissed them off too

Defrost
September 27th, 2013, 3:44 PM
This is the guy he tried to fight by the way

http://i.imgur.com/I3Jud1Y.jpg

Nash Diesel
September 27th, 2013, 3:50 PM
I've seen enough Japanese wrestling as well as my share of Japanese gore and action movies, this would be the LAST guy I'd fuck with. For all we know he's got machine gun titties and cock that's really a robot gator tail.

Matthew
September 27th, 2013, 4:36 PM
Didn't this guy retire not too long ago? I've been out of the loop with my Japanese wrasslin' but again, thought homeboy was retired.obviously not

Cewsh
September 27th, 2013, 4:42 PM
He did briefly, until All Japan called.

Matthew
September 27th, 2013, 4:58 PM
well it is obvious he is not retired though. i mean if you read the first post, that much is pretty evident

Nash Diesel
September 27th, 2013, 5:07 PM
He did briefly, until All Japan called.

That's what I thought, caught me off guard a little to read that he apparently retired as long as Terry Funk did the first 42 times.

well it is obvious he is not retired though. i mean if you read the first post, that much is pretty evident

Very obvious.

Hero!
September 27th, 2013, 7:33 PM
I wish he were shit in the ring so I wouldn't be so upset by this shit. Dude is legit talented, but SO.FUCKING.STUPID.

Judas Iscariot
September 27th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Matthew.

DDT
September 27th, 2013, 8:08 PM
I know he's an insufferable prick, but why would Low Ki pick a fight with someone on the roster who could legit beat his ass?

Defrost
September 27th, 2013, 8:20 PM
He's an idiot

Cewsh
September 27th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Low-Ki is just overrated

I would still like for you to explain this comment.

Judas Iscariot
September 27th, 2013, 9:28 PM
Because he didn't cut it on NXT: The Next Generation's Redemption or whatever, Cewsh.

VHS
September 27th, 2013, 9:42 PM
IMO he did cut it, it's just the fact that he's an arrogant prick when the entire world isn't bowing down to him.

Cewsh
September 27th, 2013, 9:57 PM
He obviously did cut it on NXT. They called him up to the main roster and all before he blew it.

Matthew
September 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I would still like for you to explain this comment.
it's because that is how he interpreted how the bandwagon was rolling in this thread.

Tainted Eclipse
September 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I wish he were shit in the ring so I wouldn't be so upset by this shit. Dude is legit talented, but SO.FUCKING.STUPID.

it is funny that he was like the vanguard of the golden age of indie wrestling and is now probably the most irrelevant of all the big guys of that era

Defrost
September 27th, 2013, 10:58 PM
it is funny that he was like the vanguard of the golden age of indie wrestling and is now probably the most irrelevant of all the big guys of that era

Come on man. No love for Xavier?

Cewsh
September 27th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Dude, I interviewed Xavier. Even he has no love for Xavier.

Judas Iscariot
September 28th, 2013, 1:45 AM
"Look at me, I'm Cewsh."

Cewsh
September 28th, 2013, 2:05 AM
Basically, yeah. :)

Mike Skillz
September 29th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Why was the suit thing such a problem with NJPW? Copyright issues or something? I could see him getting fined for something like that, but he still had an awesome match wearing it!

HoganIsGOAT
September 29th, 2013, 8:13 PM
Low Ki's attitude has cost him a lot of money. He blew his biggest shot in the WWE as Kaval. I really felt like he had a legitimate shot to get over.

Cewsh
September 29th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Why was the suit thing such a problem with NJPW? Copyright issues or something? I could see him getting fined for something like that, but he still had an awesome match wearing it!

He just didn't bother to tell them that he was doing it. That's not really the sort of thing you do in Japan.

Bill Casey
October 10th, 2013, 2:03 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4241/zu2w.jpg

VHS
October 10th, 2013, 2:08 PM
Low Ki's attitude has cost him a lot of money. He blew his biggest shot in the WWE as Kaval. I really felt like he had a legitimate shot to get over.

He'd be alongside Daniel Bryan today... definitely not as over, but still among the highly prominent. I really hate this man.

Defrost
October 14th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Ki retired. Again.

@OneWorldWarrior 1h
Due to @alljapan_pw not honoring their contractual obligations of medical care after being injured in AJPW, I'm retiring from Pro Wrestling
https://twitter.com/OneWorldWarrior/status/389857174987358208

Kev
October 14th, 2013, 9:03 PM
When did he last retire?

Nash Diesel
October 15th, 2013, 12:10 PM
He'd be alongside Daniel Bryan today... definitely not as over, but still among the highly prominent. I really hate this man.

I don't think he would've been pushed as hard or gotten over like Daniel Bryan. If he was still there he'd be tag-teaming with Tatsu or Justin Gabriel on Superstars. Dude has zero mic skills and we've seen his moveset and style plenty. Downside for him is that his style was original in 2001, but not in 2010-present and since he is terrible on the mic....They'd probably have him do some comedy shit with his voice.

Never understood his hype but that's probably because I didn't see any matches of his until they were 4-5 years old via the first AJ Styles DVD TNA put out so everything he was doing I had seen by 100 different wrestlers.

When did he last retire?

I'm not sure exactly when but I think maybe earlier this year or last year. I remember a news piece saying he was going to retire and try his hand at voiceovers.