PDA

View Full Version : Rome 2: Total War

Alf
September 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I'm a big big fan of the total war series. I've got every single one of them, and played them to death. Rome 2 is now out and it's certainly a very very nice graphical upgrade on the previous series. They've expanded the map massively to give a real sense of scale, and the units are as detailed as ever.

It's bloody bewildering though, it lacks any of the clarity of previous incarnations. I have no idea how to keep my populace happy, they seemingly hate everything I do.

The units blur into one with no real clear advantages and disadvantages... infantry is just infantry, cavalry is just cavalry, and missle units are just missle units. It's early days though, so maybe if I research some more technologies I'll get something a bit different.

I bloody hope they don't go down the realm divide things like in Shogun, that was the shittest idea ever.

So far I'm playing as Macedon and I've captured all of Thracia. I'm trying to bed down a bit for a few turns to get my provinces up to speed, then I'll expand outwards again.

Anyone else got it?