PDA

View Full Version : A True Wrestling Reality Show

_me
August 17th, 2013, 9:50 PM
With all the ratings success 'Total Divas' is having, I was wondering if you guys think a backstage wrestling reality show could work. One with the bookers and wrestlers talking about planning, seeing them practice moves and wrestlers deciding matches. Along the lines on "Hard Knocks". Maybe some meetings about upcoming stories and possible title changes, who's getting good/bad crowd reactions and how the writers help? Obviously not at the WWE level, but lower down (maybe NXT). I would find it fascinating to see how they make those decisions and get to see some personalities of the performers. Or do you think it would ruin the 'magic' of wrestling? The closest I know is the 'Hitman' doc and those backstage scenes are great to me.

MikeHunt
August 17th, 2013, 10:26 PM
They would never eer do it but is love to see it.

Zacharie
August 18th, 2013, 2:34 AM
Maybe with NXT so we see what dem new talents go through in order to get called up. Plus it introduces new guys to a larger audience before they get called up.

Or just a new season of Tough Enough with STONE COLD running it again. That would work for me.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
August 18th, 2013, 3:28 PM
With the casual crowd, maybe.

With the IWC... We already disbelieve, by nature, half the stuff presented as "meant to be a Shoot" on the programming they already put out.

By the end of the 2nd commercial break, there'd be a 10 page thread calling some of the scenes works!

Vice
August 18th, 2013, 5:10 PM
I would love to see this with TNA.

JRSlim21
August 18th, 2013, 5:21 PM
Yea.... Tough Enough would work.

With WWE thinking of expanding the product on Fridays yet it seems as though their product is diluted with a 3 hour RAW, why not have this solution? Keep Superstars/Main Event where they are. Chop RAW to 2 hours. Keep Smackdown as it is. Give NXT a TV deal and bring back Tough Enough to be lead ins on for the main shows.

JRSlim21
August 18th, 2013, 5:27 PM
I would love to see this with TNA.

I actually would too. This was ultimately what Hogan envisioned as he did have that diatribe about wanting to be more reality based. Besides, anything couldn't hurt them much more than where they are now.