PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus Out 4-6 Months

The Law
August 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Apparently he messed up his shoulder at Money in the Bank and working the last few weeks probably didn't help. He should be back for Wrestlemania, or as early as December.

In some way, this might be a blessing in disguise. He had gotten really stale and creative clearly didn't have any ideas for him. His last feud that was any good was against Big Show, and that was last year. Hopefully when he comes back they'll have figured out what to do with him. I would suggest either turning him heel, or just re-working his character so that he's less of a dick. Either make him a more standard face, or make him a tough guy who's always up for a fight. That used to be his character until they suddenly decided to have him bully every heel he came in contact with.

The show will definitely be able to go on without him. He had pretty clearly slipped into the midcard in the last few months. I see Miz as the primary beneficiary, as he's in a similar place in terms of being a veteran babyface without a ton of direction at the moment.

Beer-Belly
August 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM
His face run started out as an anti-bully of sorts, but he became a prick over time. They should either turn him heel or make him snarling bad ass who gives bullies a taste of their own medicine regardless of the situation.

JP
August 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I think he'll go full heel when he comes back.

Law's right, blessing in disguise, he was going nowhere fast.

connorboy
August 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
He'll return in the Rumble and go full heel mode

TimeSplitter
August 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Maybe he shouldn't have started 1-800-FELLA, all those extra Brogue Kicks probably didn't help...

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
To be honest, this is the best thing that could have happened to him... Ya know, minus the injury. Gimmick wise he can now come back and be an asshole 100% and it'll work.

Bitter, twisted, Celt.. it writes itself.

mth
August 7th, 2013, 1:05 PM
As much as I'd like to be optimistic we'll get a different Sheamus when he comes back, I really think he'll just come back and be the same dickhead he was when he left. While I don't take joy in someone getting hurt and all that, I can take joy in getting a break from one of my least favorite guys on the roster.

MichaelC
August 7th, 2013, 1:11 PM
DAMN IT!

Oh well. Will just have to hope they push Wade or Dre...:(

VHS
Me too, while I hope he has a full/speedy recovery... I'll still feel blessed every day that he's gone, but dread being a day closer to him coming back as face-bully Sheamus.

The Rogerer
He just needs the right circumstances. Not acting like an insecure dickhead, and impressing us that he got Big Show up for White Noise twice a week. Look forward to him coming back with something better.

Sancty
August 7th, 2013, 1:53 PM
I hate to be the guy who celebrates someone's injury but I'm looking forward to the refreshed Main Event scene.

Chris
August 7th, 2013, 2:11 PM
I think he's a textbook example of someone that is not going to be featured in a top role, and yet has to retain some kind of spotlight based on his recent history, so the creative team let him coast along with the generic "I'm against the heels and like to kick ass" treatment. In his case, it's become very tiresome because there's little to enjoy about a prat beating up other prats. The absence might be good for his character, in terms of the creative team having to plan how he'll return and make an impact. Alternatively, he could just come back exactly the same, as there are a number of other characters far more interesting who will only get more attention as we get closer to Wrestlemania season.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 7th, 2013, 2:45 PM
This should be a "Give Sheamus a new gimmick" thread.... Ya know, to be positive..

How PG is an Irish alcoholic who stumbles around swearing under his breath backstage but, due to his intake, is pretty much immune to feeling pain and gets angry quite easily.. :chin:

Judas Iscariot
August 7th, 2013, 2:46 PM
So he should be the typical Irish guy next door?

Pipkin
August 7th, 2013, 2:48 PM
I don't like that the guy is injured, but I'm honestly glad I won't see him on my TV for a while.

The Law
August 7th, 2013, 2:49 PM
It's really strange that they didn't turn him heel, because there are almost no heels at the top of the card right now. There's Del Rio. And Big Show (when he comes back, assuming he stays heel). And I guess Ryback, but that dude has about as much heat as 3MB. And that's it. Meanwhile, in the upper-midcard and main event as faces, you have: Cena, Bryan, Orton, Punk, Ziggler, Sheamus, Christian, RVD, Henry, and Kane. It's a pretty staggering imbalance. Orton and Sheamus turning heel would definitely help balance things out. Bray Wyatt may skip the midcard entirely, so that would give you another heel in the WHC tier.

The Rosk
August 7th, 2013, 3:15 PM
He is a good wrestler who was given fucking awful work for a year. He will be great for many many years as long as they give him a decent storyline. The bully character works as a heel, he could easily go back to that. His psychotic eyes are fun.

Red Dog
August 7th, 2013, 4:05 PM
He should be an IRA Sympathiser. Have Wade Barrett come out to 'God Save the Queen' and BOOM! Money feud.

God.
August 7th, 2013, 4:08 PM
You're welcome.

VHS
August 7th, 2013, 4:47 PM
You're welcome.

:lol:

http://replygif.net/i/159.gif

Bennedy
August 7th, 2013, 5:01 PM
He should be an IRA Sympathiser. Have Wade Barrett come out to 'God Save the Queen' and BOOM! Money feud.

I doubt the majority of American viewers would care about that storyline.

Badger
August 7th, 2013, 5:04 PM
The Irish Curse shoulder-breaker?

Red Dog
August 7th, 2013, 5:05 PM
I doubt the majority of American viewers would care about that storyline.Still doing your gimmick of stating the fucking obvious I see.

Mark Hammer
August 7th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Please return him as a heel. He is the worst babyface on the roster.

McBain
August 7th, 2013, 7:29 PM
Just read about this. Agree with all the thoughts here. Most of all I want him to cut out his smug grin and terrible "fella" routine and jokes. If he was just a hoss who was all action I'd probably like him a lot more.

Can't remember much about his heel act, but may be time to freshen him up with a turn.

Jarrod1983
August 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Def a blessing. Turn him heel already! He is a long way from "I'll fight'em" when he was standing up against Mark Henry. I was a fan before but that really made you wanna see that fight. I'm happy he can come back fresh with a good angle for WM. Fingers crossed at least.

The Law
August 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Everyone's forgotten it now, but his initial face-turn was absolutely brilliant. Henry was destroying everybody during his initial "Hall of Pain" run. For a few weeks, all he did was fight jobbers, because the storyline was that everyone else was afraid to face him. Teddy Long told him that he couldn't find anyone was willing to fight him. And then Sheamus comes out and just says "I'll fight him." Boom. Face turn. And I think Henry and Sheamus could have had an awesome extended program if they hadn't cut it short to have Henry beat Orton for the WHC.

I think he was a really good face up until they did that thing where he made fun of Wade Barrett's acting for no reason. And then they had him continually attack Henry while he was performing feats of strength. And then they did the same thing with Damien Sandow's intellectual challenges. No idea how those ideas all came together.

Melly
August 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Not rejoicing in his injury, but glad he'll be off tv for a while.

chatty
August 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Good timing for Sheamus as well, if your gonna get injured it may as well be when your in an aimless position and your getting pushed down the roster as opposed to say Ziggler who got injured just as he was getting his big push and won the title.

I suppose they will decide what to do with him depending on where the roster is when he comes back. It gives others a chance to take his place and make it theres so when he comes back he should be in a position to feud on the lower mid-card to main event scene.

Anaconda Sniper
August 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
This is def a blessing in disguise for him and us fans. He was getting so boring and such an ignorant cunt character...solid in the ring but shit otherwise. He should make his return at the rumble.