PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW - July 29, 2013 - SIX MUST-SEE MATCHES!

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 9:26 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/07/raw/20130724_RAW_Cena_Ryback_Bryan_Kane_LIGHT_C.jpg

As Brad Maddox settles into his new role as Raw General Manager, his decisions continue to come under scrutiny from Mr. McMahon, Stephanie and Triple H. With SummerSlam drawing near, here are six must-see matches Maddox has in store for the WWE Universe tonight!!

- Daniel Bryan was pushed to his very limits last week in a series of three brutal bouts, culminating in Ryback putting the war-torn No. 1 contender through a table. But when Ryback was poised to inflict more punishment, WWE Champion John Cena charged in to protect the wellbeing of his SummerSlam challenger. After The Champ drove Ryback from ringside, he called for a Tables Match between the two. With the bout set to take place this Monday on Raw, which titan will prevail by smashing the other through a table?

- Last week, Mr. McMahon grilled Brad Maddox about whom Daniel Bryan should face next to bring out his "vicious side." The Chairman suggested Bryan's opponent be someone bigger and stronger than him. As Maddox pondered his options, he settled on Kane as Bryan’s next opponent, which drew immediate approval from the boss. What will unfold when the two former WWE Tag Team Champion partners collide this week on Raw?

- Since his recent return to WWE, the high-flying Rob Van Dam has taken down the likes of nine-time Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho and former Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. But Van Dam's red hot streak came to an end on SmackDown when World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio got a questionable win after seemingly giving up in the bout. Will Mr. Monday Night rebound with a win over Fandango?

- The bitter feelings continue to persist between former Divas Champion Kaitlyn and reigning champion AJ Lee. Now that Dolph Ziggler has dumped AJ, the scorned Diva has been more emotional than ever. During AJ’s "state of her mind" address on SmackDown, the two came to blows. What will unfold when the former best friends go one-on-one for the first time since Money in the Bank?

- Christian continued his winning ways by taking down Titus O’Neil last week on Raw, while World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio managed a win over Rob Van Dam on SmackDown. Will Captain Charisma capitalize on his wave of momentum and score an upset over the World Heavyweight Champion? When will we learn who Del Rio will defend his World Title against at SummerSlam?

Mark Henry & The Usos vs. The Shield
And in a bid to perhaps impress Mr. McMahon and company, Maddox has planned yet a sixth high-caliber match! It will be Mark Henry & The Usos vs. The Shield! After taking down The World's Strongest Man with a triple powerbomb, The Shield have been in Henry's sights. What will unfold when they go to war on Raw?

As the road to SummerSlam heats up, tune in to Monday Night Raw!!

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I can not wait for the Bryan/Kane match. I expect it to be a very emotional watch, and competitive. I'm also expecting an eventual cluster-fuck, as not only does Vince have it out for Bryan, but this is Kane's first appearance since being attacked by the Wyatts, so I'm really expecting an appearance from them. Will Bryan be involved? Will he be incapacitated? This and the John Cena/Ryback match is just a perfect example of layered, multi-faceted storylines, something WWE's needed. Things are intertwining while not being derailed and building each individual angle involved.

Henry & The Usos vs. The Shield should be fun, too. I'm really interested to see what results from that. Shield should probably win this one after not having much like with the 6-man matches. Usos get a rematch at SummerSlam for the belts, and Ambrose Henry would be great, but not sure if that'll go through.

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 1:58 PM
Surprised I haven't seen spoiler pop up anywhere and I'd love it if people could keep them out of this thread. Lets just watch it like its live.

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 2:01 PM
I had no idea it was taped already until you posted that....hahaha!!

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 2:01 PM
I actually forgot for a moment that is was pre-taped. Yeah, I haven't seen any of the spoilers either, and avoided them. All I know is the result of the main event for this week's smackdown, which I'll remain mum on, but regardless WOO! Raw.

Anaconda Sniper
July 29th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Meh to Cena/Ryback. Looking forward to the rest of the show though.

TooCool
July 29th, 2013, 6:18 PM
I read the spoilers... (seems like I have to when I know it's taped already. Can't help myself.)

Other than Daniel Bryan vs Kane, I don't really seem excited for anything else on the show tonight.

StoneColdWWE316
July 29th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Despite tonight's being a Taped edition should be a pretty good Show none the less. Cena/Ryback and Daniel Bryan/Kane should be good. Also looking forward to the 6-Man Tag too.

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 7:41 PM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w401/KimuraKid/cdd5d135-e47b-4e06-a936-d9ec5a8622b8.jpg

Lets watch some fucking Raw!!!!

Whoooooo!!!

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 7:44 PM
Is that you?

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 7:45 PM
Yeah Bro, Feel free to rip me apart. I aint got no worries!! It's time for Raw!!

Whooo!!!

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 7:47 PM
lol you look like the Joker from the Adam West Batman tv show.

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 7:48 PM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w401/KimuraKid/cdd5d135-e47b-4e06-a936-d9ec5a8622b8.jpg

Lets watch some fucking Raw!!!!

Whoooooo!!!

So what do you sell door to door?

Kimura Kid
lol, Virm says I look like Freddie Mercury. Hahaha!!

Kimura Kid
So what do you sell door to door?

Bank Manager.

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Fuck da 1% derka derka

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Awright, who's skypin'? Hero is ready to go!

Dream-Evil
July 29th, 2013, 8:11 PM
ahahaha. Vince is great.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 8:11 PM
LOL this Vince promo is great.

Judas Iscariot
July 29th, 2013, 8:13 PM
Vinny Mac really has the dementia going for him.

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Ain't no money in Daniel Bryan.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 8:19 PM
So has Mark Henry undergone the most half assed face turn in recent memory?

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 8:22 PM
They haven't changed anything about him. People like the guy. If people are cheering someone, changing their character to make them a face doesn't make sense. If that's half-assed, then half-assed is fine, or at least better than when they turn someone and take away what people liked in the first place.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 8:25 PM
No, I mean it just seems like the Shield attacked him and all of a sudden he's a face.

I hope he doesn't become bland face #437 because his character is amazing. A tweener Henry would be great.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 8:30 PM
They haven't changed anything about him. People like the guy. If people are cheering someone, changing their character to make them a face doesn't make sense. If that's half-assed, then half-assed is fine, or at least better than when they turn someone and take away what people liked in the first place.

People said the same thing about Ziggler's turn, but they've kept him the same cocky prick that he was when he was a heel.

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Which is good. Don't change what worked in the name of conforming everyone to an outdated definition of what makes a heel and what makes a face.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Ryback is lame.

That guy is going to be picking food out of his ear for a week.

Also, I have never, and will never, understand why the idea of going through a table is supposed to be more painful than being dropped directly onto the mat.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Also, I have never, and will never, understand why the idea of going through a table is supposed to be more painful than being dropped directly onto the mat.Or on the floor. Tables are used for the visual and to break the fall.

Judas Iscariot
July 29th, 2013, 8:46 PM
Not Japanese tables. Japanese tables hit back.

wardy
July 29th, 2013, 8:54 PM
That was the most I've ever enjoyed Ryback. Great heel segment.

BATTLEGROUND

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 9:00 PM
I totally read the spoilers to this show, but I oddly can't remember anything in them. I think I got them mishmashed with the ones from next week.

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 9:00 PM
Or on the floor. Tables are used for the visual and to break the fall.

It depends on what kind of table you use and if the metal frame is broken or not.

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 9:05 PM
That shot of AJ breathing heavily on the mat was incredibly erotic.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 9:06 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the spear is super over used.

Kneeneighbor
July 29th, 2013, 9:07 PM
WHy is this pretaped?

Dream-Evil
July 29th, 2013, 9:11 PM
They're touring right now. Currently in Australia.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 9:11 PM
Big E always looks like he's on the verge of tears.

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 9:17 PM
AJ needs to be kicked in the face.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 9:18 PM
Yeah, she's pretty annoying.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 9:25 PM
I'd suck the fart out of AJ's car seat.

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 9:29 PM
I can not wait for the NXT girls to come up and outwrestle the shit outta the main roster girls. AJ has some serious competition down there. I wish they'd let summer rae wrestle ;/

wardy
July 29th, 2013, 9:36 PM
What do the fans keep chanting?

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 9:38 PM
"Si" and "Mexico".

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 9:39 PM
When is Ricardo coming back? He was always the best thing about ADR.

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 9:45 PM
I reckon early August.

Dream-Evil
July 29th, 2013, 9:48 PM
YOU'RE MORE HANDSOME THAN I AM. :lol:

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 9:48 PM
Sin Cara sighting! They should replace his theme with this. It would be more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1k2SNtq79c

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 9:51 PM
That theme will always be Shane-O Mac's. Anyone else using it would be blasphemous. The pop if he returned would be magnificent.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 9:54 PM
LOL Sandow is awesome.

"You grew a mustache!"

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
This crowd is weak.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah.

Even with the piped in cheering.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Luke Harper is a beast. Hell of a big boot and a clothesline.

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Wyatt has not let me down on the big stage. if anything he is doing much much better than I could have imagined. He's going to be a huge part of the future of the wwe.

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
He seems so fucking comfortable in front of the crowd. No hesitation or jitters at all.

mr sabu
July 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
hows the show been so far... i kinda neglected it this morning due to the fact i wanted to watch twlight princess be destroyed in under 4 hours

Jimmy Zero
July 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
It's been ok. Nothing spectacular.

Nattie looks like she's hitting Brie with some pretty stiff shots.

WTF? Quack quack? The fuck is this shit?

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
She referred to her as the "Ugly Duckling" in the backstage skit.

This has been a pretty standard show. I liked the Christian/Del Rio match and the Shield tag, but nothing else has stood out much.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
The "distracted by a noise or a promo" ending is the dumbest shit ever. It's a duck call; ignore that shit and finish the match.

Kimura Kid
July 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM
He seems so fucking comfortable in front of the crowd. No hesitation or jitters at all.

Exactly! He has to be one of the greatest talkers ever!! And it's fucking scary to think that he's only going to get better. He has a natural ability to convey a promo in such a scary and methodical manner in and out of the ring. You can tell he's super involved in what he's doing. He becomes Bray Wyatt when he walks out of the curtain. He enjoys what he does and is passionate as fuck in his promo's.

mr sabu
July 29th, 2013, 10:36 PM
he doesn't become bray he is bray 24/7

btw not watching.... -_- waiting for twilight princess.... 11am my ass

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM
This corporate makeover for bryan seems interesting. i assume they'll try to shave his beard and cut his hair, which the fans will boo heavily. People love the scruffy bum lookin bastard

G-Fresh
July 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Overall good Raw.

Anaconda Sniper
July 29th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Good raw..horrible main event. Cody, D Bry, and Christian winning all made me happy. And Punk coming out was awesome too as was the 6 man tag.

7/10

Tainted Eclipse
July 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM
i thought this was a very good raw actually. no mind-blowing segments like we've been getting lately like punk/heyman/brock, cena/henry, bryan gauntlet etc, but angles got their time to develop, there were some good match (the six man was especially good), everything flowed well, nothing boring or pointless got too much time and the bryan story continued to give the show an overall theme that is still interesting. im thinking 8/10.

Anaconda Sniper
July 29th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Also that video package for Sandow with Rhodes throwing his briefcase in the water was so awesome. Loving this feud.

StoneColdWWE316
July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Despite it being a Taped one it was still a pretty good RAW. Both Main Events were good and I liked the 6-Man Tag as well. Should be interesting to see if Daniel Bryan goes through with the corporate makeover.

The Law
July 30th, 2013, 1:03 AM
This really is a golden age of TV wrestling. I don't think any show in wrestling history has ever produced so many excellent free TV matches as Raw has in the past year. WCW had the talent and a three hour show back in the late 1990s, but they never consistently let their matches go as long as WWE has lately. We're really getting spoiled. Every single Raw features two or three really notably good TV matches, and it seems like at least once a month we get something totally awesome. It might be kind of exhausting to watch three hours of Raw every Monday, but it's resulting in some really, really good stuff.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 1:06 AM
Stone Cold had a corporate makeover...and that turned out very well for him.

Tainted Eclipse
July 30th, 2013, 1:33 AM
This really is a golden age of TV wrestling. I don't think any show in wrestling history has ever produced so many excellent free TV matches as Raw has in the past year. WCW had the talent and a three hour show back in the late 1990s, but they never consistently let their matches go as long as WWE has lately. We're really getting spoiled. Every single Raw features two or three really notably good TV matches, and it seems like at least once a month we get something totally awesome. It might be kind of exhausting to watch three hours of Raw every Monday, but it's resulting in some really, really good stuff.

raw's definitely been great on the tv matches front lately but nothing touches what ecw/superstars/smackdown were doing in 2009 for tv matches. man that volume was crazy, 3+ great tv matches every week.

StoneColdWWE316
July 30th, 2013, 1:57 AM
Its amazing how when Nitro was 3 Hours and most of the Matches barely got 10 minutes if that.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 1:59 AM
Its amazing how when Nitro was 3 Hours and most of the Matches barely got 10 minutes if that.

I do remember an episode of Nitro having no matches at all for the first hour. It was 4 Hourseman and NWO crud I think.

Psycho666Soldier
July 30th, 2013, 3:29 AM
Ultimately it was a pretty awesome RAW. A couple dull moments, but not really any bad match, and almost all of the storylines are coming along wonderfully. Everything involving Bryan was gold, his match with Kane was immersive if not a little bit too short. The WYATT'S and the fucking promo and the timing and the intertwined drama and the awesomeness.

This is one of the best built SummerSlam's with a lot of potential for excellent and dramatic ring work. I just hope it doesn't all build to a mediocre flop.

8/10

Beer-Belly
July 30th, 2013, 4:09 AM
I gave it a 6, but I probably should have gone with a 7. It was a "let's just keep the balls in the air" episode. I'm probably grading on a curve because the last few weeks have been tits.

Merchant4Ever
July 30th, 2013, 1:20 PM
I gave it a 6, but I probably should have gone with a 7. It was a "let's just keep the balls in the air" episode. I'm probably grading on a curve because the last few weeks have been tits.

Exactly. This would have been an 8 last fall, now we are starting to expect greatness.

I don't think I've enjoyed the product this much in years. Wyatts, Shield, Bryan, Punk, Sandow, Rhodes, Lesnar, Ziggler...there are just so many solid performers right now being given time to do their thing. I'm legit pumped for Summerslam.

OD50
July 30th, 2013, 2:46 PM
I do remember an episode of Nitro having no matches at all for the first hour. It was 4 Hourseman and NWO crud I think.

I remember the 1999 episode of Nitro where the entire first hour was basically highlights of some peeps welding together a cage for the Hogan/Flair Uncensored match, crazy shit. I was almost pulling my hair out watching that..

The Rogerer
July 30th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Quack Quack Natty Quack Quack

Andy
July 30th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Just watching the first segment. Definitely seems like Vince is calling Orton out to cash in regardless of the result at Summerslam.

Peter Griffin
July 30th, 2013, 3:17 PM
Good raw..horrible main event
7/10

Main event was fine, horrible is a ludicrous thing to say.

Andy
July 30th, 2013, 4:15 PM
So Ziggler and E have had their match and it ended in a way I'd expect their PPV match to end. Number one contender match with AJ banned from ringside at Summerslam? I'd dig that.

turdpower
July 30th, 2013, 4:22 PM
I think Vince fucking teased a HHH go at the title TO BE HONEST :hyper:

The Rogerer
July 30th, 2013, 4:24 PM
KK sell your belts and buy a bigger TV

Atty
July 30th, 2013, 4:43 PM
So Ziggler and E have had their match and it ended in a way I'd expect their PPV match to end. Number one contender match with AJ banned from ringside at Summerslam? I'd dig that.

I wish they had gotten the belt back to Ziggler somehow for this. Dolph fighting off AJ and all the guys she throws at him would be great face building.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 4:58 PM
Big E's splash on Ziggler was awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/j2CFR83.gif

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 30th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Did anyone else totally not see Cena recovering from that 'Meathook' and miraculously winning?

No?

Didn't think so.

Not as into RAW as I was last week.. then again half that show was Daniel Bryan.

The Rogerer
July 30th, 2013, 5:22 PM
Understandable that it was a pre-recorded show the night after an amazing night, but a coasting show. Good moments, but not great matches. The crowd really don't believe in a lot of what they see, the ADR chants confirm that. I knew Bryan/Kane would be a tame match after what happened on Monday, but it felt like a bit of a let down. As much as I enjoy the Wyatts, I don't quite buy them going after Kane. They're not exactly sticking it to the man.

With armchair booking I might have had Kane flip on Daniel Bryan a bit more - he did chokeslam him but it wasn't very climatic. You're bringing in a hot new stable and they're going to end up more popular than Kane in this fued, so you just need to roll with it and make Kane seem absolutely furious and unstoppable to make it an interesting clash.

Big E is the future.

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 5:30 PM
Big E is scary impressive. He's too massive to move at the speed he does.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 5:57 PM
I'm so waiting for him to break away from AJ because I knew he'll connect with the fans, heel or face. Such an awesome find, this guy.

And something that really bugged me about the main event was the standoff/faceoff whatever you wanna call it between Cena and Ryback.

The spot where the table was set up on the outside with one side on the ring apron and the other on the inverted steps... just why? What the heck was the purpose of the table being set up like that? The table has 4 legs, you floggin' Mollies. The level of stupidity was increasing in small increments as the match went on, and then plateaued when Ryback and Cena were divided by one table like it was bulletproof glass or something. It was like Obi Wan and Darth Maul were on opposite sides of a force field when in reality it was just a horizontal piece of thin cardboard. Then when Ryback picked up the steps and slammed them over the table, I threw up my hands and said "This is... stupid."

The Rogerer
July 31st, 2013, 9:56 AM
I think it was so they could do the things with the steps. Which was a bit silly and Cena was hamming it up like a moron looking around for his mum. It reminded me of the end of the Ambulance match he had with Ryback where he AA's him through the roof, looks blank for 5 seconds and then goes YAAAAAY

Brie Bella needs to go to the gym. I have never seen anyone as wobbly in the ring. She went for a pin at one point and her arse was like jelly. Beanpole arms. Triple H can't say anything about Ohno.