PDA

View Full Version : #August1Warning

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_Mitch
July 27th, 2013, 5:09 PM
Any predictions on who is behind the vignette for this week's Impact? My guess is that it's a washed-up WWE star making his debut or a washed up TNA star making his return. I would also like your thoughts on whether or not this is a good marketing tool. I, for one, appreciate the fact that they began advertising it just 6 days before the show will air. I have a really hard time staying interested when they (and WWE) advertise things 4-8 weeks in advance.

If you don't know what I'm talking about you have two options:

1) Go on your merry way and forgive my disturbance
2) Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrFJKHhVQPE

Cewsh
July 27th, 2013, 5:34 PM
That is Shelton Benjamin.

Defrost
July 27th, 2013, 5:38 PM
Shelton is going to be in Japan on August 1st. He's in the G1.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2013, 5:38 PM
hardcore holly.

Cewsh
July 27th, 2013, 5:39 PM
When does Impact tape?

I could be wrong, but if that head belongs to someone not named Shelton Benjamin I will be stunned.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 27th, 2013, 5:44 PM
Ain't no signing me, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Mr_Mitch
July 27th, 2013, 5:48 PM
When does Impact tape?

I believe it is a live show this week. What makes you say Benjamin?

Edit: Nvm-Didn't see your comment about his head shape before.

Mr_Mitch
July 27th, 2013, 5:59 PM
I did some more browsing around the web and watched the video again. My official prediction is that it will be DOC returning for revenge against the A's & 8's. While this is somewhat lame because he was just released a few weeks ago, they could easily have restructured his contract and decided to keep him around. It could bring a little more excitement into the MEM vs A's & 's storyline as well.

chatty
July 27th, 2013, 6:09 PM
I got no idea so ill just pitch a random huess - Chris Masters

Mr_Nobody
July 27th, 2013, 6:21 PM
I would love for it to be D.O.C. It would make sense, storyline wise, and part of the reason he wasn't re-signed, was because Bruce Pritchard was stalling his negotiations, so someone else coming in and hiring him right back would work just fine. However, the head shape is off.

I was thinking Low-Ki, as the head shape is right, and he has the skills to come in and kick ass. I would say he could be TNA's own version of Daniel Bryan with the small, but excellent in the ring type thing, but it's been years since I've seen Low-Ki, so I'm not sure if he's still as good as he used to be.

I could see Hardcore Holly or Shelton Benjamin, although I just don't see Benjamin having this type of gimmick. Holly could though, but he wouldn't be a big deal, especially not now.

The other person that I could see it being is Homacide. He was always good and could do some type of gimmick like this.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 27th, 2013, 6:29 PM
DOC

Or a trimmed down D-Lo Brown. :lol:

With all the budget cuts, expectations aren't high.

Mr_Nobody
July 27th, 2013, 6:32 PM
You know, I would love for it to be no one we know. Let them debut someone like WWE did with Bray Wyatt.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 27th, 2013, 6:33 PM
A Hurricane Warning.

Stand back.

Panther52
July 27th, 2013, 7:27 PM
ears and head shape actually looked like Low ki to me. Could be the Undertaker or Kane...IT COULD HAPPEN! :P Wait and see. then hate on it if ya need to.

Bagel
July 27th, 2013, 7:39 PM
- The official YouTube account of TNA Wrestling posted a video on Friday featuring a mysterious individual delivering a warning (officially titled "#August1Warning") for next Thursday's Impact Wrestling in Wichita Falls, Texas, where he cryptically revealed that he has a problem which needs to be solved. The individual in question could be "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce, who competed in a "Gut Check" match in April—he won the bout but was not signed to a contract. A few hours after the video was posted, the acclaimed independent wrestler hinted through Twitter at something occurring on August 1.

If it's him, should I care?

Pipkin
July 27th, 2013, 7:53 PM
If it's Adam Pearce it might actually be the biggest disappointment in TNA history...which is really saying something.

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Its neither Adam Pearce or Shelton Benjamin those ears belong to neither. Plus Pearce has a nice round fat face. Its Shelton way before Pearce.

I was thinking maybe it could be a Most Valuable Player but I doubt it.

darkhorse
July 27th, 2013, 8:14 PM
Bobby Lashley returning as Big B Lashley

Hero!
July 27th, 2013, 8:18 PM
I hope it's someone shit like Doug Basham

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 8:20 PM
hahaha that would be awesome... or his "brother" The Damaja.

It's probably Rob Conway or Nick Dinsmore... lmao or Rene Dupree.

Hero!
July 27th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Maybe it's Morley making his big stupid return? Oh man, what if it was god damn BULL BUCHANNON?

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 8:24 PM
Oh muh god! It's B2! Former member of the iconic tag team with John Cena!

Tazz would go nuts and Tenay would talk about Lizmark Jr.

Morrison
July 27th, 2013, 8:35 PM
Low Ki.

Cewsh
July 27th, 2013, 8:36 PM
If the reveal was Adam Pearce I would laugh hysterically and then cry a little.

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Come on guys he's a five time National Wrestling Alliance World Heavyweight Champion, and former Pro Wrestling Guerrila Champion! A fomer UPW Champion just like Cena! Just like Heidenreich! He's Scrap Iron!

Mills
July 27th, 2013, 8:49 PM
Oh scrap daddy...

The alarm clock made it sound like MVP, but the head didn't match at all.

Shelton Benjamin is not someone you'd hide his identity for in a cryptic message, that's just stupid. That said, its Shelton or Pope

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 8:52 PM
Justin Credible is back, TNA needs another extreme reunion.

JRSlim21
July 28th, 2013, 4:46 PM
If the reveal was Adam Pearce I would laugh hysterically and then cry a little.

All of this.

Looking at the video, the head shape does look like Shelton or Holly. I would love it to be DOC, if only because I love continuity. And TNA would never promote someone "brand new" like this, even if it's only a week's worth of a build.

Watch it be someone quasi-random like Jeff Jarrett or.... *snaps fingers* Joel Gertner or some shit

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 28th, 2013, 5:29 PM
Definitely think it's DOC.

Wasn't he the amongst the ones talking with the distorted voice in the A&8's promos way back when? Maybe it was D-Lo. Can't recall it was so long ago.

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 5:37 PM
Why let people go, hype them for one week, and bring them back?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 28th, 2013, 5:38 PM
Can I just check, is there anyone it COULD be that people would actually give a shit about? :chin:

Cos once we get that list of names, we know it's not one of them.

Vice
July 28th, 2013, 5:38 PM
Why let people go, hype them for one week, and bring them back?

It's TNA.

Cewsh
July 28th, 2013, 5:49 PM
Can I just check, is there anyone it COULD be that people would actually give a shit about? :chin:

Cos once we get that list of names, we know it's not one of them.

Batista, Low Ki, Bobby Lashley. That's the whole list for me.

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2013, 5:58 PM
Who gives a fuck about bobby lashley?

virms
July 28th, 2013, 5:59 PM
Dingo Warrior.

Rip
July 28th, 2013, 6:02 PM
Batista, Low Ki, Bobby Lashley. That's the whole list for me.

Well it CAN'T be Batista with his movie stuff taking off, so that leaves Bobby or Low Ki...

Bobby was signed to a new MMA promotion WSOF or something but he seems to have dropped off the roster so he's a possibility I guess.

Low Ki is with Dragon Gate isn't he?

So I guess it could be either of them...

But would anyone care if it was?

Cewsh
July 28th, 2013, 6:03 PM
Low Ki is currently "retired".

Rip
July 28th, 2013, 6:18 PM
The head shape fits Holly, but so do 90% of the 'Unknown' blacked out wrestlers used in the WWE match cards.

RuneEdge
July 28th, 2013, 6:31 PM
I know the voice is distorted but I think feel like I can hear Low Ki in there somewhere. :dunno:

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 6:37 PM
Low Ki is currently "retired".

Nah, he's already back at it

El_Dandy
July 28th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Yeah Low Ki isn't retired. It's just that he's such a d-bag that his job opportunities are dwindling.

Vice
July 28th, 2013, 6:44 PM
I know the voice is distorted but I think feel like I can hear Low Ki in there somewhere. :dunno:

I know the voice is Low Ki, but I feel like I can hear distortion in there somewhere.

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 6:44 PM
The man threw away a WWE career. Shame, he was pretty over and could be enjoying a real cushy spot right now.

Vice
July 28th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Sure as hell not Bobby Lashley, btw. Ears are way too big for that.

El_Dandy
July 28th, 2013, 6:59 PM
The ears are why I don't think its Benjamin or Pearce either... I don't think its Bob Holly either because thats just incredibly lame. My money is on Montel Vontavious Porter.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 28th, 2013, 7:11 PM
It's probably one or both of the Nasty Boys.

chatty
July 28th, 2013, 7:35 PM
It's probably one or both of the Nasty Boys.

This would be too good for TNA, I would mark out anyway

darkhorse
July 28th, 2013, 7:38 PM
The threat is real...you have officially been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-78OxKROw

El_Dandy
July 28th, 2013, 7:43 PM
It could be Rapid Delivery Rory Fox since this is True Life.

McBain
July 28th, 2013, 8:32 PM
We all know it's going to be a hilarious anti-climax. Can't wait. :D

Defrost
July 28th, 2013, 8:35 PM
The man threw away a WWE career. Shame, he was pretty over and could be enjoying a real cushy spot right now.

Who Low Ki? Because he had a good thing going with NJPW too and carpet bombed that bridge on that way out.

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Yeah. Depending on who tells the story, he either flat-out quit WWE because he didn't want to be on the road OR he was let go because, despite their efforts to push him, he's a fucking dickhead idiot.

Defrost
July 28th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Well they made no effort to push him so he probably quit then.

Vice
July 28th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Yeah. Depending on who tells the story, he either flat-out quit WWE because he didn't want to be on the road OR he was let go because, despite their efforts to push him, he's a fucking dickhead idiot.

Well they made no effort to push him so he probably quit then.

It's probably a chicken/egg scenario that would require legitimate labcoat science to figure out.

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Defrost, he was getting constant wins on SD and was well on hiw way to his IC title match. The man was a big ole headache and did not want to put in the work.

mr sabu
July 28th, 2013, 8:58 PM
braiden walker

McBain
July 28th, 2013, 9:09 PM
Shame because Low Ki has always been one of my fave workers.

JRSlim21
July 28th, 2013, 9:26 PM
The handle @August1Warning will apparently give a clue out as to "who it could be" when the video hits 250K on YouTube. At about 130K when I clicked just a second ago.

McBain
July 28th, 2013, 9:46 PM
Someone want to provide a transcript of what the first vid actually said? Could only catch one or two words...

Kev
July 28th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I don't really remember Low Ki winning a lot once he came through NXT...

...From what I remember he was losing to McIntyre, paired up with Layla and Michelle McCool. He won a non-title match against Ziggler and cashed in his title shot at a PPV, but lost and fell back into obscurity. I remember he lasted five minutes with Big Show at once stage to get him onto a multi-man tag (back when they had the Bragging Rights PPV) - but Tyler Reks showed up and beat him quite decisively to take his spot.

Not quite sure how you could book the bloke in WWE, I know that I certainly wouldn't want him to speak on his own though. His voice doesn't match his size at all, it's kind of comical actually...

Mills
July 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Yeah Ki jobbed out in til he beat Ziggler in a non title match and cashed in his title shot. He lost and left right afterwards

Matthew
July 28th, 2013, 10:36 PM
it is definitely adam pearce

Matthew
July 28th, 2013, 10:37 PM
https://soundcloud.com/facepalmmonkey/impact-august-1

El_Dandy
July 28th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The silence amongst the crowd is going to be amazing.

virms
July 29th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Didn't tna do that with Bischoff though? Some mysterious voice got decoded and it was him only for it to be someone else?

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Ugh, Adam Pearce is so fucking shitty though. I know the SMARKS pretend to like him because he's a "wrestler" and what-not, but he's so fucking devoid of personality that it hurts. I wonder if TNA will recognize him as a 5 time world champ.

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
To this day, I still don't get the hate for Adam Pearce. Perhaps he has been terrible in the past, but I loved all of his work in NWA Hollywood. He was the best heel in the company and one of the better heels today in my opinion. He was great on the stick, too. I dunno, maybe I'm looking at a different guy or something, but I love Pearce.

Cewsh
July 29th, 2013, 12:14 PM
To this day, I still don't get the hate for Adam Pearce. Perhaps he has been terrible in the past, but I loved all of his work in NWA Hollywood. He was the best heel in the company and one of the better heels today in my opinion. He was great on the stick, too. I dunno, maybe I'm looking at a different guy or something, but I love Pearce.

He was a FINE heel doing his old school routine, and NWA Hollywood was the perfect place for him to be doing it. But he has always been an incredibly flat and dull performer in the ring in a way that has nothing to do with his style, and he has been at least partially responsible for some of my least favorite indy wrestling things of the last 10 years. Namely, the grandiose fucking over of Colt Cabana's NWA championship reign and the resulting decline of NWA Hollywood, his fake retirement tour when he told everyone he had a horrific career ending injury that he was going to fight through for the gold one last time and then when he won it they dropped the storyline, and, of course, his entire run as ROH booker.

Now he's 35, has no star power and has peaked in terms of skill, and I have no idea why they would even want him.

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
He was a FINE heel doing his old school routine, and NWA Hollywood was the perfect place for him to be doing it. But he has always been an incredibly flat and dull performer in the ring in a way that has nothing to do with his style, and he has been at least partially responsible for some of my least favorite indy wrestling things of the last 10 years. Namely, the grandiose fucking over of Colt Cabana's NWA championship reign and the resulting decline of NWA Hollywood, his fake retirement tour when he told everyone he had a horrific career ending injury that he was going to fight through for the gold one last time and then when he won it they dropped the storyline, and, of course, his entire run as ROH booker.

Now he's 35, has no star power and has peaked in terms of skill, and I have no idea why they would even want him.

That all makes sense to me, and I'm actually pretty angry at him about the false retirement tour. Not sure if he was really behind the fucking over of Cabana, I feel that was more NWA, but I don't know the complete story so I can't judge on that. I WILL say that his time is pretty much passed. His ring work can be rather great and methodical, but I don't see him ever having some kind of stellar career.

Regardless, I'll personally always be at least mildly interested when Adam Pearce is involved.

Cewsh
July 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
You should cheer super loud then, because I suspect you're the only person who will.

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I only do that for Heath Slater.

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 1:05 PM
Heath Slater has more drawing power than Adam Pearce on any given day. Much better heel too.

Psycho666Soldier
July 29th, 2013, 1:20 PM
I will agree to that any day. But I'll never forget the day that I was the only person in the Allstate Arena cheering for Heath Slater at MITB 2011. No one else saw the potential I did!!!

JP
July 29th, 2013, 1:31 PM
If it is Adam Pearce kudos to TNA for signing a talent proven to be an adequate worker, trying to build something themselves and - I can't believe I'm saying this - having a well though out, logical plan to bring him in based on his past appearances with the company.

Give it a chance guys. I'd much prefer it to be someone like Pearce than another former WWE star.

Cewsh
July 29th, 2013, 1:38 PM
I wouldn't. Because that list includes Chris Masters, who they should have signed 3 years ago.

Version 6
July 29th, 2013, 6:06 PM
If it is Adam Pearce, what are the odds on them eventually bringing in two other guys from the indies and pairing the three of them together as a group who are out for justice in TNA. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - THE SWORD.

Cewsh
July 29th, 2013, 6:06 PM
:lol:

Version 6
July 29th, 2013, 7:34 PM
The idiotic thing is that the character is positioned as "anti-establishment" and yet we have the establishment saying they will give us clues about who it is if their video hits 250,000 views.

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 7:51 PM
If it is Adam Pearce, what are the odds on them eventually bringing in two other guys from the indies and pairing the three of them together as a group who are out for justice in TNA. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - THE SWORD.

This is the best TNA-related post i can remember since someone suggested they bring in Van Dam as "Robert Arvidi".

El_Dandy
July 29th, 2013, 7:59 PM
Yeah who wants to see Masters,MVP,Benjamin etc etc when you can get Adam Pearce.... a nobody from nowhere heading no place to be no one.

chatty
July 30th, 2013, 6:51 AM
I like the new video, with him denying he is Batista because so many people really thought it would be Batista:lol:

son_of_foley
July 30th, 2013, 8:03 AM
I don't get the Masters thing. I think he would be a terrible fit in TNA.

McBain
July 30th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Cewsh just has random hard-ons for very average wrestlers.

JP
July 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Cewsh just has random hard-ons for very average wrestlers.

I think the Masters one is more based on the potential we started to see from Masters in the run up to his release. His in-ring work improved dramatically over quite a short space of time.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I don't get the Masters thing. I think he would be a terrible fit in TNA.

Cewsh just has random hard-ons for very MUSCULAR wrestlers.

I fixed that to make it slightly more accurate.

Generally, I get really excited when I see a guy with all of the physical tools to be a big star starts to show the potential to actually be that star. I've never been much interested in guys who have great matches but no presence or star power. But guys like Chris Masters, Orlando Jordan and Bobby Lashley all had something, but they just couldn't quite work out what to do with it. So when they finally do start to work it out, I get excited. Whether it's Lashley in his title match against Cena, Jordan in his phenomenal heel work in Italy, of Chris Masters during his run on Superstars where he was genuinely one of the 10 best wrestlers in the company for a summer, those things are what makes wrestling really special. The diamond in the rough.

But there's a reason that I don't actively campaign for them to bring back Lashley or Jordan. Both guys had a rotten run, and neither is ever going to reach that potential at this point. But Chris Masters has a tremendous look, proved himself to be an extremely capable wrestler all of a sudden against shitheads like Tyler Rekks, and is a really nice and likable guy. Add that to some leftover name value, and he's the kind of ex-WWE guy that TNA should have been going after from the start. Signing ex-WWE talents is not inherently a bad thing. Signing the wrong ones is.

So when they're signing Luke Gallows and Mike Knox and let Masters sit at home, even as he's pulling fucking trees out of the ground to save his mother from a burning building and an armed attacker at the same time like we've just stepped in Die Hard 5: This Time With Muscles. That story gets plastered all over news outlets and TMZ, and there Masters sits. TNA has worse talent than it has had in its entire history and there Masters sits. TNA needs anyone who even passably looks like a main eventer and there Masters sits.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wrestler-saves-mom-nc.png?w=236&h=236&crop=1

"Gosh, I sure am glad we didn't sign this huge muscular dude who saves dear old ladies like a real life superhero. Let's put the belt back on that drug addict we hired!"

Mr_Nobody
July 30th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I agree with Cewsh completely. At the start of his WWE career, I didn't like him. His matches weren't good, but then, all of a sudden, it was like a lightbulb went on and I was like...gosh, he's not bad. The Elimination Chamber where he and Carlito teamed up against Cena, almost had me believing that one of them was going to win it. At the end of his run, he was going from ok, to great in the ring, and then he was gone.

I honestly kept believing that WWE would bring him back at one point, but it didn't happen.

And then I thought TNA would bring him in, but that didn't happen either.

And with him being an honest to god hero, the only thing I can think of is he has some how managed to burn his bridges with some people, but I just can't believe we haven't heard about it, if that's the case.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 1:55 PM
Chris Masters leaving WWE ranks as one of the biggest missed opportunities ever... for me. I sincerely hope he comes back because his matches at the time were my favorite part of Superstars.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 1:58 PM
Here's an example. Warning: watching it will make you depressed at what those two are up to these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWNrzNoxuk

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 2:13 PM
I just watched that again, and it's actively pissing me off what has happened to them.

Ringo
July 30th, 2013, 2:52 PM
Great match. I miss you Chris :(

Mills
July 30th, 2013, 3:20 PM
Cewsh, you need to reach out to Masters again and have him join the board

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 3:26 PM
Haha, he does read the main page fairly often. He said that he's been on the forum but never registered an account or anything.

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 4:02 PM
I feel bad for Drew. Dude has this great look and he's solid as all hell In the ring with a gray combination of technical skills and physicality, but the microphone is his worst enemy. The accent hurts him a lot and he's not like a Sheamus to banked all of his Irishness and made it marketable.

also, with WWE moving more towards pushing guys that are very unique looking and more marketable, Drew falls by the wayside. He would have been perfect for RAW circa 2005, I swear to punk.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 4:09 PM
Well allegedly the whole reason Drew didn't make it is thanks to Taryn Terrell.

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 4:24 PM
...I did not realize that she was Tiffany. Holy shit.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 30th, 2013, 5:09 PM
So apparently the latest video says "I'm not someone 99% of you have heard of"

:rofl: Way to hype a "big" event :lol:

Bagel
July 30th, 2013, 5:15 PM
Well that's promising... so it went from being Not Dave to Not Shit.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 30th, 2013, 5:19 PM
Apparently I got it wrong, it said "im not someone 99% of you have NEVER heard of".. I mean Jacknife could have put that, but he neg repped me it :panic:

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Curiosity piqued.

Panther52
July 30th, 2013, 5:29 PM
someone who's big in Japan Possibly? 99% of the American audience wouldn't know most of them.

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 5:29 PM
I just watched that again, and it's actively pissing me off what has happened to them.

I guess they were out of time.

So say goodbye. :(

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 5:31 PM
Yeah, I'm more and more sure its Adam Pearce. :(

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 30th, 2013, 5:32 PM
Can we run a poll on here, "Have you heard of Adam Pearce" and see if 99% of people really have heard of him? :chin:

Mills
July 30th, 2013, 5:32 PM
:lol: he repped me!

turdpower
July 30th, 2013, 5:45 PM
It's HHH.

Version 6
July 30th, 2013, 6:51 PM
When it comes down to it, there is literally no one that it could feasibly be that will make watching TNA worthwhile.

If Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, RVD and Ric Flair coming in at the same time didn't result in sustained interest in their product, are Bob Holly or Adam Pearce going to make any difference whatsoever?

Batista might be the only exception, but they've ruled that out seemingly.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 6:53 PM
I think any game changer at this point would have to come directly from WWE like Christian and Kurt Angle did. Hard to see that happening any time soon unless someone underutilized like Barrett shows up.

Bagel
July 30th, 2013, 7:12 PM
I'm prepared for failure in the reveal. If they deliver a Mad Braddox or Reiman Roagns this will be sad, but not surprising.

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 7:29 PM
I'm trying to think of guys who worked for wwe and are currently doing nothing. JoMo, MVP, Masters, Cabana, Benjamin, Ki, Carlito, uhh...I can't see it being any of them. Fuck, it's definitely Adam Pearce isn't it.

Version 6
July 30th, 2013, 7:32 PM
What's Matt Hardy doing these days? Did he finally catch that intruder in his house who was trying to steal his grapes?

Hero!
July 30th, 2013, 7:33 PM
He's doing the best work of his career in ROH.

JRSlim21
July 31st, 2013, 8:02 AM
When I went to their Wrestlemania show, it was nuclear heat for the guy. He can never be a babyface again. I can't imagine fans buying into him as one again.

If not DOC and not Adam Pearce (although I can't see it not being those 2 options), I'd love a real swerve like JoMo. Basically someone who looks nothing entirely like the silhouettes.

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 8:21 AM
I'm going to throw in a name based simply on something they've posted on their facebook over the last few days. Eric Perez / Eric Escobar, who was in WWE developmental for years and got called up. If memory serves me, he had Vickie Guerrero as his manager at one point as well. He never was given a chance because it was during the time when they would bring up guys with no idea what to do with them, and he was kind of just lost and eventually let go. Well over the course of a week, on his facebook, he's been posting stuff like this

"Clock is ticking...tic toc tic toc..."

I know he's talked with TNA before, but nothing ever came of it. He currently wrestles in the World Wrestling League based in Puerto Rico. Not sure if there's a chance in hell of it being him, but I'm just throwing this out there. That way, if it does turn out to be him, I'll look like a freakin' genius.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 31st, 2013, 8:48 AM
Vote Mr Nobody

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 9:19 AM
It does seem like we have a real life mafia game going on here. You have the Town (TNA Roster). You have one mafia (Aces & 8's), which DOC has already been lynched. And a second Mafia (Main Event Mafia), and a serial killer (#August1Warning).

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Technically, with D-Lo also gone, that's two Mafia lynched.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 31st, 2013, 11:36 AM
FREE NIGHT!

Unvote

Vote No Lynch

woof woof.

Defrost
July 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM
I can confirm Shelton Benjamin is in Japan. So he didn't no show the G1 to do this. So he is out.

Hlebsfall
July 31st, 2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.hdwallpapersbest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/getfile.jpg

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 1:27 PM
New video was posted. Now he's saying he's not Bill Goldberg and that Goldberg never faced him, and that he would have had his teeth knocked in if he did. This also rules out Jeff Jarrett and Matt Hardy, seeing they've both faced Goldberg. It does not rule out Hardcore Holly or Adam Pearce...or Eric Perez :)

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 1:30 PM
Oh fuck us, with like 5 days of hype, TNA actually got us with this one. Im seriously racking my brain to figure out ANYONE it could be aside from Adam cockpierce

JP
July 31st, 2013, 1:43 PM
:lol:

I so want it to be Adam Pearce now.

"Goldberg hasn't faced me. Neither has anyone of any name value, ever."

Mills
July 31st, 2013, 1:47 PM
I fought CM Punk once in front of 500 people, CM PUNK!

DaSaintFan
July 31st, 2013, 2:25 PM
Oh fuck us, with like 5 days of hype, TNA actually got us with this one. Im seriously racking my brain to figure out ANYONE it could be aside from Adam cockpierce

That's just it.. they're great with the hype.. It's the payoff after the hype... where everyone will be going "WTF?!"

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 2:28 PM
"I am a five time NWA champion. I beat legends such as Colt Cabana, Blue Demon Jr, and Brent "not Chris Benoit" Albright. I am the biggest legend you've never heard of."

JP
July 31st, 2013, 2:43 PM
This is where we find out the cost cutting is a ruse, they've gone all Ted Turner and started to dig into the parent companies pockets and signed the most famous baldy of them all Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Or due to copyright, as he will now be known; Rock Cool Steve Austin

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 4:01 PM
Chilly McFreeze Steve Austin plz

Version 6
July 31st, 2013, 6:07 PM
This is where we find out the cost cutting is a ruse, they've gone all Ted Turner and started to dig into the parent companies pockets and signed the most famous baldy of them all Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Or due to copyright, as he will now be known; Rock Cool Steve Austin

Steve Austin might also be trademarked.

...Icy Cool Sam Texas.

Version 6
July 31st, 2013, 6:19 PM
I just looked up Bob Holly and apparently he is 50 now.

Surely they are stupid enough to debut a 50 year old Bob Holly like this.

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 6:29 PM
Steve Austin is his actual legal name now, so WWE couldn't keep them from calling him that.

Bob Holly has a massive tribal tattoo now. He's young and hip!

Cewsh
July 31st, 2013, 6:41 PM
Actually, it might be Holly. He was on one of TNA's PPV specials this year.

Version 6
July 31st, 2013, 7:11 PM
50 year olds shouldn't get hype video.

They should get a nice little surprise ovation when they come out to bash up Heath Slater.

Matthew
July 31st, 2013, 7:35 PM
it's one of the highlanders

Mills
July 31st, 2013, 8:35 PM
Bob Holly is supposed to be on the hardcore justice ppv IIRC, but so underwhelming.

McBain
July 31st, 2013, 8:51 PM
I've just checked and he's now 50 years old. FIFTY.

Version 6
July 31st, 2013, 8:54 PM
omg I so did not know that.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 31st, 2013, 9:22 PM
Sounds like it could be "MMA superstar" Chico Ortiz

Version 6
July 31st, 2013, 9:25 PM
I don't even know who that is. So I guess I'm in the 1%.

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 9:46 PM
Tito Ortiz...he did say he was interested in getting into wrestling at one point. I could see it being him.

McBain
July 31st, 2013, 9:55 PM
omg I so did not know that.

:ashamed:

JRSlim21
July 31st, 2013, 10:14 PM
Ortiz is signed to fight for Bellator, so there's that... against Rampage no less

El_Dandy
July 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Okay so after my heavy investigation, I have done nothing for the last 5 and a half hour but rack my brain and I've come up with 4 names that it could certainly be... I'm not a private investigator or anything like that but I always felt that I might have missed my true calling there. Plus I look really good eating a fried chicken sandwich, in a boring grey suit, plum tie, sitting on the drivers side of a Taurus next to a short fat girl, who is afraid her dick of a boyfriend is cheating on her with a shemale named Julia in public and Julio in private...

Candidate Number 1-
http://www.evi.com/images/thumbs/180/250/ffaacac3e6c637a0c06aad1be8a74865

"The Colorado Kid" Mike Rapada: Clearly a legend in this business. Two time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, second to none in the world of Professional Wrestling, Evan Karagias might be the only performer who could carry his jock, considering Evan is a form AWA World Heavywight Champion. This would be a very big deal.

Candidate Number 2-
http://media.grandclub.ca/images/userpics/avatars/607/090/607090.png?1257635043

Sunny War Cloud- This is Sunny War Cloud dang it! Thee Sunny... War... Cloud... It's a Cloud that is bright like Sunshine that has the ability to war with his fellow competitive clouds in the manifestation of men. This would be a very big deal. Sunny War Cloud vs. Jeff Hardy aka Gloomy Cumulus Nimbus.

Candidate Number 3-

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8FG6mxufTS4/T_1NH8W-F0I/AAAAAAAAKz0/1vQW4Wl8sHo/s400/serena-deeb-3.jpg

"The Straight Edge Superstar" Serena Deeb- Doesn't this make all sorts of sense? This would be a very big deal.

The Final Candidate-

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2LpaYFiSjsONPNM_gowjGx5kbvuBTw L0xWT-tmNFM-QSSKqYd

​Pete Gas- ​Young, up and coming super prospect Pete Gas. This would be a huge deal. Only guy I know who could legit knock Bill Goldberg's teeth in. This almost makes too much sense, but I have my money on the big reveal being this chipper fella. It has to be right? I bet that left over piece of deviled egg I have in the crisper.

It could also be Lee Harvey Oswald with Honorable mention to Dolph Ziggler's brother.

McBain
July 31st, 2013, 10:47 PM
I think you tried a bit too hard there, buddy.

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 10:50 PM
You forgot "The Puerto Rican Nightmare" Eric Perez!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/e/ericalexander/05.jpg

Matthew
July 31st, 2013, 11:51 PM
I think you tried a bit too hard there, buddy.

who are you to...

ah fuck it

Damien
August 1st, 2013, 1:14 AM
I forgot how great of a rack Serena has!

Mills
August 1st, 2013, 1:53 AM
If it was Pete Gas, I'd watch TNA again. and yes, Serena is fantastic.

Sinner
August 1st, 2013, 2:21 AM
could be Great Muta.

right?

chatty
August 1st, 2013, 7:15 AM
I'm gonna go with someone who is either done some MMA or is coming in with an MMA gimmick considering he's been claiming to be a tough bastard who would chin Batista and Goldberg in a fight and the background has a cage silhouette.

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Who was tha guy on SD a few years back, Sylvester something or other? He was an MMA guy, I think.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_Terkay ?

Terkay.. :rofl: Turkey, fella. Admit it.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
This seems pretty definitive.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3033680590/2e9c7a7679f61b1a9460b3a73ce4c733_normal.jpegAdam Pearce ‏@ScrapDaddyAP (https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP)25m (https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/362966148892991488)
YOU WERE WARNED. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhSMP7oZGA … (http://t.co/a4hyUc7oMS) #OpenYourEyes (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23OpenYourEyes&src=hash) #august1warning (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23august1warning&src=hash)

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Wait, what

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
:D

So it for sure isn't Pearce. Which might mean...

http://www.750thegame.com/common/medialib/379/660451.jpg

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
NO

who else is around?! Anybody, ill take anybody! Snitsky? The Bashams? Conway? ILL LITERALLY TAKE ANYONE ELSE OVER HARDCORE BOB SPARK PLUG HOLLY

Pipkin
August 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
I would much, much, much rather have Holly than Pearce. That's probably not rational, but there you go. That's how much I don't want to see Adam Pearce on my tv.

MikeHunt
August 1st, 2013, 1:02 PM
Wen did holly get that fucking Minging tattoo?

Matthew
August 1st, 2013, 1:04 PM
a few years ago

midlife crisis

Bagel
August 1st, 2013, 1:10 PM
Pearce will probably be on camera in the audience several times before any reveal is actually made. I'm trying to be optimistic about this all but it's not working. A vengeful Gut Check contestant? There's no way he could attack anybody on the roster that would make me care. Unless someone was Bossman'd from the cage, it might be a curiosity.... the optimism just isn't working either.

Slare
August 1st, 2013, 1:23 PM
Probably DOC.

Mr_Nobody
August 1st, 2013, 1:41 PM
I've got it...it's the guy who attacked Randy Orton!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 1st, 2013, 2:27 PM
I've got it...it's the guy who attacked Randy Orton!

As ridiculous as it sounds, that's exactly the sort of think I'd expect to happen.

Panther52
August 1st, 2013, 4:32 PM
When did they ever have rights to his name anyway? he was Steve Austin in WCW aswell and he didn't have to change it then when he left to WWF/WWE

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 4:38 PM
Since he had that name in WCCW, I'd have to guess he trademarked it himself.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 1st, 2013, 8:16 PM
Doc if they're continuing on storyline. I imagine his 'big return' will get crickets like his TNA debut did.

Tito Ortiz if they're hyping the recent announcement of Rampage vs. Ortiz fight.

I'd guess the latter with the Dave Batista 'kick his ass' comment.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 8:18 PM
If its Tito Ortiz in 2013 I will laugh my ass off.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 1st, 2013, 8:28 PM
The fence in video probably the MMA cage. I'd be surprised if it weren't Ortiz given that and his abnormally large head.

JRSlim21
August 1st, 2013, 9:01 PM
It's either Ortiz or DOC. Who else could it be, logically?

El_Dandy
August 1st, 2013, 9:10 PM
This promo with Roode is killing my buzz.

DaSaintFan
August 1st, 2013, 9:21 PM
Want a wierd choice? With them letting Pritchard go.. someone i know suggested that the man isn't actually a wrestler, but Jim Cornette with future 'stars' to be named

But i agree it's mostly likely Ortiz..

JRSlim21
August 1st, 2013, 9:32 PM
Stretch hummer limo? Kevin Nash? Scott Hall? The No Limit Soldiers????

DaSaintFan
August 1st, 2013, 9:33 PM
Stretch hummer limo? Kevin Nash? Scott Hall? The No Limit Soldiers????

billy kidman! ;)

virms
August 1st, 2013, 9:37 PM
I was gonna watch this but no one is streaming it so it must not really be all that exciting

Dee4Ness
August 1st, 2013, 9:44 PM
Random post edit

virms
August 1st, 2013, 9:54 PM
dees go ahead and edit that out. We aren't supposed to post stuff like that but thank you.

badguythomas
August 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
I'm going out on a limb that it is Alex Shelley.

badguythomas
August 1st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hopefully you can feel the sarcasm. :P It's Tito Ortiz.

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
C'MON AUGUST ONE FOR FUCKSAKE I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP

Saint
August 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
I do not think it is Ortiz because according to his twitter, he just returned to his home in California. Yea, he could have posted that to swerve off attention... but I just do not think it will be him.

DaSaintFan
August 1st, 2013, 10:48 PM
aires - aj is definitely making up for what was mostly a lackluster show.. (although Saban-manik wasn't too bad).. but I think we're all too interested in #aw

Saint
August 1st, 2013, 11:01 PM
Blah I was wrong and swerved =].

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM

why do I even bother trying to like this shit?

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 1st, 2013, 11:03 PM
LOL well that was awkward.

Version 6
More like #August1BOREning amirite?

virms
Horrible. Why didn't they have more of a music build up. Perhaps another video with one final warning before he came out.

Lights off....HI TITO

El_Dandy
August 1st, 2013, 11:04 PM
The only time I'm ever scared of pro wrestling is when a competitor comes out, stops short of the ring... Folds their arms and just stares. Its spine chilling.

MikeHunt
August 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Who was it?

Hero!
August 1st, 2013, 11:06 PM
Tito Ortiz

Newf
August 1st, 2013, 11:06 PM
Tito Ortiz.

virms
August 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
I will save V6 some time

Tito BOREtiz

MikeHunt
BORING AND STUPID. Why won't they just die?

Cewsh
AHAHAHAHAHA

Vice
August 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
That was the best debut in the history of this sport.

The Guy on the Couch
August 1st, 2013, 11:12 PM
Has TNA ever actually used, in a constructive way, one of these MMA guys that they seem to have such a throbbing hard on for?

El_Dandy
August 1st, 2013, 11:12 PM

I won't even waste my time trying to figure out what I think would be second.

Kev
August 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Christ, those Wikipedia updaters are quick...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tito_Ortiz

.[47] Tito returned to Impact Wrestling on August 1st, 2013 as the man behind the cryptic #August1Warning tweets.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 11:20 PM
Has TNA ever actually used, in a constructive way, one of these MMA guys that they seem to have such a throbbing hard on for?

Nope.

McBain
August 1st, 2013, 11:24 PM

Actually he's been in TNA before.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2013, 11:25 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/201/890/ortiz_display_image.jpg?1271572690

Mills
August 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
I wish I wasn't on my phone so I could post a sea of face palms right now

Jenova
August 1st, 2013, 11:43 PM
Thank God Spike isn't on regular cable anymore so I didn't have to watch that shame of a reveal. I think the grave just got a little deeper for TNA.

Judas Iscariot
August 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Went to their website for their first time ever to see if they had vid of the debut.

Their website sucks, by the way.

I have to agree with Vice. Best debut ever. So brilliantly executed.

Vice
August 2nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Actually he's been in TNA before.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/201/890/ortiz_display_image.jpg?1271572690

Yes yes, I am aware of that. It is just easier to say best debut rather than "That is the best hyped mystery return of a man who once had a small cameo many years ago as a referee, but is now a competitor"

Newf
August 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Went to their website for their first time ever to see if they had vid of the debut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

Ken Anderson's expression says it perfectly.

Can someone GIF and loop all the times they cut to him?

McBain
August 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Yes yes, I am aware of that. It is just easier to say best debut rather than "That is the best hyped mystery return of a man who once had a small cameo many years ago as a referee, but is now a competitor"

He's been in TNA more than once, mate.

Soz.

"Best return ever".

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 2nd, 2013, 1:02 AM
Ok so:

a) who the fuck is he? I was promised someone I knew. I AM THE ONE PERCENT! (I read he's MMA, I don't watch MMA, bleh)
b) How the fuck are you meant to know he's the August first (if you're in the crowd)? There's no tron, he's not wearing it on a fucking t-shirt, he doesn't even SAY ANYTHING. All we, privilaged folk, get is the shitty announcement.. AUGUST ONE... REVEALED...? It's almost as though he's fucking confused as well.
c) Following on.. HE DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING. Nothing is moved along by him being there. Jesus Christ... Was that the end of the show as well?!
d) Kennedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc106/jason8150x/FUCKTHISCOMPANY.jpg

Bert
August 2nd, 2013, 1:18 AM
c) Was that the end of the show as well?!

Yep.

The idea of the impact zone going crazy for literally anything was disproven tonight though. Zero reaction for Tito Ortiz.

One Man Gang
August 2nd, 2013, 1:25 AM
Oh man, I can't stop laughing at that ending. I'd take another ten Hornswoggle reveals over that.

One Man Gang
August 2nd, 2013, 1:43 AM
Also, is this what all of those releases paid for?

Mills
August 2nd, 2013, 1:56 AM
Yep.

The idea of the impact zone going crazy for literally anything was disproven tonight though. Zero reaction for Tito Ortiz.

They weren't at the impact zone, they're in texas

Zacharie
August 2nd, 2013, 1:57 AM
So... are he and Rampage gonna actually wrestle or is just a standing around and looking pretty type of deal?

Bert
August 2nd, 2013, 1:58 AM
Why the hell were they in Texas?

Judas Iscariot
August 2nd, 2013, 2:01 AM
They tour now. Another reason they have no money.

Ortiz is there to promote his Bellator fight with Jackson. Simple as.

Mr_Mitch
August 2nd, 2013, 2:15 AM
:o I regret starting this thread and getting excited for the whole thing. As others have said in this thread, TNA is great at building hype; delivering is another things all together.

El_Dandy
August 2nd, 2013, 2:28 AM
Other things that are lame....

1) So Taz opens up the stretch hummer limo to reveal August 1 Warning and nothing is there but a cheap laptop playing a August 1 Warning Promo... Hmmmm That is one skilled laptop. It's made even more hilarious that Taz laughs it off.

2) Why the heck is a bad ass future white girl booty rapist like Rampage Jackson supposed to be all nervous about this? Shouldn't he be super pissed considering a) he's going to destory Tito shortly and b) He's sorta raining on Rampage's TNA parade?

3) You ruined the real fun, that would be Tito cutting a promo! Nothing is more awesome than listening to Tito Ortiz throw down a speech even a 7 year old thinks is retarded.

Dead.Man.Walking
August 2nd, 2013, 2:56 AM
In regards to point 3;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4bGO5ndVs

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 4:23 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh my shitting days. Just, ugh.

As an aside, Magnus looks more like a leather sofa every day.

V-Line
August 2nd, 2013, 4:26 AM
So TNA now is Bellator Wrestling. What a load of garbage, why on earth do people think pro-wrestling fans HAVE to be MMA fans

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 6:38 AM

Best thing Ken has done in years :D

chatty
August 2nd, 2013, 8:54 AM
So by the sounds of it, despite everyone expecting this to be disappointing TNA have excelled themselves by even disappointing those with massively low expectations.

Mr_Nobody
August 2nd, 2013, 9:08 AM
I think it might have been a bigger surprise if they didn't announce the Bellator fight the day before the reveal.

I also think why they just went for the black-out was because they ran out of time to do other stuff.

Now, I was watching a feed of this, without sound, but I've read the reviews of it, and it sounds like the crowd could really care less. And it looked like Rampage Jackson was noticeably bothered by the fact that the crowd was dead, because he kept looking out at the crowd and was wondering what was going on with them. I think he even asked one of the members of the MEM about it.

Jenova
August 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Best reveal since Hornswoggle was revealed as the mystery GM of Raw. :facepalm:

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM
In regards to point 3;

I always die when he tells babalu that: "He's one of the greatest Light Heavyweights.......Of the night"

darkhorse
August 2nd, 2013, 1:01 PM
It's too bad Tito Ortiz and Jenna Jameson are no longer together, otherwise TNA could have featured a live sex act as part of Hardcore Justice.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2013, 4:18 PM

Found these on Tumblr:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/780b5ba14ce61b184f1c3a26e868453d/tumblr_mqx1gu06Ui1qhjbxeo1_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/882c517e4abcf26d65ab0af0ef1fb707/tumblr_mqx1gu06Ui1qhjbxeo2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/770f8c365cd4e694db7c5bc1b5151bce/tumblr_mqx1gu06Ui1qhjbxeo3_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/9ab76e530d269dcf52a2640ad2ff5098/tumblr_mqx1gu06Ui1qhjbxeo4_500.gif

MY HEAD IS SO ITCHY YOU GUYS.

Beer-Belly
August 2nd, 2013, 4:25 PM
Oof. That reveal is fucking painful to watch.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 2nd, 2013, 5:45 PM
I also think why they just went for the black-out was because they ran out of time to do other stuff.
I saw the clock hit 7:59 pm (local time) & I thought maybe #August1Warning was just going to be a hoax (or TNA would forget).

Really that'd have been just as good as the Ortiz reveal came across. Standing there with his arms crossed (seemingly for an eternity) & crowd in complete silence. The crowd had no clue who he was. Maybe it was the clean shaved head but I'd figure at least some of the crowd would know.

Vice
August 2nd, 2013, 6:55 PM
He's been in TNA more than once, mate.

Soz.

"Best return ever".

........your shoelaces are tied.

OD50
August 3rd, 2013, 2:52 AM
This was absolutely horrible,

I wonder how much $$$ TNA spends on Mo, Ortiz and Rampage all in all..

darkhorse
August 3rd, 2013, 2:53 AM
If their goal was to out-Shockmaster the Shockmaster, then it was money well spent.

LarryLuv
August 3rd, 2013, 3:02 AM
So by the sounds of it, despite everyone expecting this to be disappointing TNA have excelled themselves by even disappointing those with massively low expectations.

TNA could have introduced The Rock and it would have been a disappointment because its TNA.

Who could have TNA signed or had debut (redebut, whatever) that has more PPV success than Tito Ortiz. This guy has main evented a card that has a million buys attached to it. He's co-main evented several events that have 750K+ with his name and face on the billboard, one of recent vintage. The #2 MMA Promotion in the world is going to have him main event PPV right away. He's real deal and as legit a draw as TNA could have ever hoped to land. Guys like Rampage and Tito Ortiz were THE hybrid stars of MMA that took elements of pro wrestling (the big, over the top personality and promo skills) into MMA to sell tickets.

TNA doesn't realize the potential they have when they have proven PPV draws like Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson coming to work for them. If these guys went to the WWE, they'd be HUGE gets, they would headline PPVs and would be stars immediately and they would immediately put eyes back on the WWE product. But this is second rate TNA, and its a disappointment because its TNA. They have a pot of gold in their hands and have no idea what to do with it, even though they have it. This will flop simply because TNA doesn't know any better.

Hlebsfall
August 3rd, 2013, 6:45 AM
No one gives a shit, they're not wrestlers.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2013, 7:55 AM
The only non-wrestler I think of who had an awesome entrance was Mayweather, but that whole moment was another animal in itself.

Mr_Nobody
August 3rd, 2013, 8:13 AM
This seriously had shades of Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone in WCW's days. Now granted, I think both Rampage and Tito have potential to be stars in wrestling, but TNA screwed up with them, simple as that. They rushed a storyline (probably because it was last minute), they got scooped by the announcement of the Rampage / Tito fight, and both Rampage and Tito are probably contractually limited in what they can actually do because of their fight, so basically they are just going to stand there and look menacing. It'll be a fail at every sense of the word. Now, it will be interesting to see what happens with both of them after their Bellator fight.

The Rosk
August 3rd, 2013, 9:28 AM
The cunt has lost his last ten fights or something. It's the equivalent of putting Frank Bruno in there ffs.

JRSlim21
August 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
I don't know which was better: Rampage's "this mothafucka..." face or Anderson's "welp!" face

maxxmisery
August 3rd, 2013, 1:52 PM

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8947/82z.gif

via reddit

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 3rd, 2013, 2:11 PM
The cunt has lost his last ten fights or something. It's the equivalent of putting Frank Bruno in there ffs.

Now that I'd watch!

ECDUB
August 3rd, 2013, 3:21 PM
TNA could have introduced The Rock and it would have been a disappointment because its TNA.

Who could have TNA signed or had debut (redebut, whatever) that has more PPV success than Tito Ortiz. This guy has main evented a card that has a million buys attached to it. He's co-main evented several events that have 750K+ with his name and face on the billboard, one of recent vintage. The #2 MMA Promotion in the world is going to have him main event PPV right away. He's real deal and as legit a draw as TNA could have ever hoped to land. Guys like Rampage and Tito Ortiz were THE hybrid stars of MMA that took elements of pro wrestling (the big, over the top personality and promo skills) into MMA to sell tickets.

TNA doesn't realize the potential they have when they have proven PPV draws like Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson coming to work for them. If these guys went to the WWE, they'd be HUGE gets, they would headline PPVs and would be stars immediately and they would immediately put eyes back on the WWE product. But this is second rate TNA, and its a disappointment because its TNA. They have a pot of gold in their hands and have no idea what to do with it, even though they have it. This will flop simply because TNA doesn't know any better.

Thanks for posting this LarryLuv. I completely agree with your underlying sentiment in regards to people complaining about TNA. TNA is always at fault for being TNA. I laugh when someone makes a remark about the Impact Zone audience or TNA needing to go on the road (both I've seen in these forums recently) because TNA has now been touring since March. Get educated on the product if you want to criticize it.

Another poster asked how the audience knew Tito Ortiz was #August1Warning? It wasn't on the tron and he wasn't wearing a shirt that said #August1Warning. Yet if Ortiz did where such a shirt, I bet someone else would complain TNA thinks the audience is stupid because they have to label everything for the fans. The live audience should know Tito Ortiz was the mystery man based off deductive reasoning. "Gee, #August1Warning is suppose to be revealed tonight and the show ends in two minutes. Tito Ortiz must be the reveal."

With that said, Ortiz's appearance was very awkward. I couldn't tell by the reaction of Aces & Eights and Main Event Mafia how to feel. There was no read on the situation.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 3rd, 2013, 3:28 PM
Another poster asked how the audience knew Tito Ortiz was #August1Warning? It wasn't on the tron and he wasn't wearing a shirt that said #August1Warning. Yet if Ortiz did where such a shirt, I bet someone else would complain TNA thinks the audience is stupid because they have to label everything for the fans.

The live audience should know Tito Ortiz was the mystery man based off deductive reasoning. "Gee, #August1Warning is suppose to be revealed tonight and the show ends in two minutes. Tito Ortiz must be the reveal."

With that said, Ortiz's appearance was very awkward. I couldn't tell by the reaction of Aces & Eights and Main Event Mafia how to feel. There was no read on the situation.

No.. because it's been built up for a week, not months. Not everyone follows Twitter or YouTube either (I know, it's 2013, right?!). Not everyone is going to assume that a guy not many people recognise who comes out to zero fanfare is the guy they "hyped". It's a ridiculous suggestion to make and one that is just to try and play on people just shitting on TNA.

If the crowd DID assume it was the reveal (as you say they SHOULD), they didn't react to it.. so either/both of the following statements is true:

1) TNA fucked up the reveal and people didn't know it was meant to be that guy

or

2) People didn't give a shit because it's a shit reveal.

Either way, TNA blew it. They could have played a mash-up of the youtube videos for 20seconds rather than him spending 20 MORE seconds looking so god damn awkward.

Neither the Mafia nor A&8s seemed to care, aside from Rampage - because oh yeah, they're fighting on a show that ISN'T TNA... :facepalm: ...apparently.

Newf
August 3rd, 2013, 3:50 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8947/82z.gif

via reddit

AHAHA perfect! I can't tell which is my favourite. I think the second head scratch with that half-grimace is the best just cuz I can see him thinking "They keep cutting to me! Why do they keep cutting to me?! How am I supposed to react to this?! I did the hands on the head, I scratched my head, I put my hand on my chin... maybe if I scratch my head AND make a face. Yeeeah, that's the ticket!"

ECDUB
August 3rd, 2013, 3:52 PM
No.. because it's been built up for a week, not months. Not everyone follows Twitter or YouTube either (I know, it's 2013, right?!). Not everyone is going to assume that a guy not many people recognise who comes out to zero fanfare is the guy they "hyped". It's a ridiculous suggestion to make and one that is just to try and play on people just shitting on TNA.

If the crowd DID assume it was the reveal (as you say they SHOULD), they didn't react to it.. so either/both of the following statements is true:

1) TNA fucked up the reveal and people didn't know it was meant to be that guy

or

2) People didn't give a shit because it's a shit reveal.

Either way, TNA blew it. They could have played a mash-up of the youtube videos for 20seconds rather than him spending 20 MORE seconds looking so god damn awkward.

Neither the Mafia nor A&8s seemed to care, aside from Rampage - because oh yeah, they're fighting on a show that ISN'T TNA... :facepalm: ...apparently.

Listen, I'm not defending the reveal. As I said, it was awkward. TNA deserves to be criticized. My point was something you didn't quote in my post.

I completely agree with your underlying sentiment (LarryLuv) in regards to people complaining about TNA. TNA is always at fault for being TNA.

Then I go on to discuss people who criticize the Impact Zone despite the fact TNA stopped running there five months ago.

I still think my second example, the one you quote, stands. If Ortiz was wearing a #August1Warning t-shirt, would the crowd reaction have differed? No because of statement two, "People didn't give a shit because it's a shit reveal."

Panther52
August 3rd, 2013, 4:55 PM
The only non-wrestler I think of who had an awesome entrance was Mayweather, but that whole moment was another animal in itself.
guessing you never saw a Pride FC event.

Vice
August 3rd, 2013, 5:26 PM
guessing you never saw a Pride FC event.

Non-wrestler with an entrance in wrestling.

Fanny Batter
August 3rd, 2013, 6:00 PM
Tito is ace, love him. But he's the most awkward interview of all time. Compounded by the fact that he is charismatic, his lack of verbal skills doesn't make much sense.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2013, 7:47 PM
"Entrance" was the wrong word, I meant "introduction to the wrestling universe". My b.

JRSlim21
August 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I do wonder how much financially TNA/Panda kicks in to these guys. I'd imagine Bellator does front most of the bill.

Saint
August 5th, 2013, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

Love how kennedy is scratching his head at 4:22 and 4:55... so awkward

mr sabu
August 5th, 2013, 12:34 AM
aces and eights have been booked so perfectly * cough *