PDA

View Full Version : Total Divas Live

Hero!
July 26th, 2013, 4:41 PM
Yeah, fuck it, I'm gonna make a thread for this. Why? Because I plan on watching it. I know none of uber manly men will admit to watching this, but I think it's got some serious potential. Plus, it's gonna be cool to see guys like Cena, Bryan, Kidd, and that one Uso dating a funkadactyl outside of the ring.

Yeah, so, fuck it, lets do this.

Bert
July 26th, 2013, 9:17 PM
when's it on? I'll watch it to see if there's any more nip slips. :naughty:

Kyle_242
July 26th, 2013, 9:27 PM
I don't even know what it is and I hate it.

Bert
July 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_hBWotW7s

El_Dandy
July 27th, 2013, 12:35 AM
The best part of this show is certainly going to be Natty and TJ just chilling like normal people. The rest is just gonna be highly annoying woo girls, bitchy fights, and a bunch of little girls claiming they live life to the fullest.

Bert
July 27th, 2013, 12:44 AM
The best part is Daniel Bryan. Bar none.

Kyle_242
July 27th, 2013, 1:00 AM
That could be said for virtually any situation.

Hero!
July 28th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Blah aha this shit is great.

Bert
July 28th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I'll download it after I watch True Blood if it's online.

mr sabu
July 28th, 2013, 11:54 PM
lance storm tapped out

Tainted Eclipse
July 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_hBWotW7s

not gonna lie, this kinda made me want to watch it. irl daniel bryan and midcard chumps pretending to be mad in done up relationship situations is somewhat appealing.

and apparently its on in 2 minutes, i guess i have NO CHOICE now

VHS
July 29th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Ya knowww... The show ain't bad.

But the Bella's are sucking out all the fun and intrigue with their dour, blank selves. Even when it's their turn to be "humanized" so we can identify with them... They're still boring as dry toast.

Newf
July 29th, 2013, 3:27 AM
Yeeeah, I'm watching it. :$

Running commentary so far...

It's interesting how candid and behind the scenes it is... even little things like using the Funkadactyls', Jimmy Uso's and DB's real names.

I definitely feel like a good chunk of it is staged for sure (but in an obvious way), like how did Nattie not know she didn't have a match 10 days out from Mania? And why would they pull her aside to tell her? I realize they SAID it was because she had family flying in, but I imagine a good chunk of the roster would and did Nattie even have a program with the potential to be on the card at that time?

Meanwhile her line right after that about teaching the Bella Twins how to wrestle and being tasked with teaching the new girls everything she knows so they can become awesome and take her spot definitely felt like a real frustration being allowed to be vented on TV.

Right, so, again... their match getting called off. If I remember correctly I know it was pretty last minute, but the way they played it as being COMPLETELY oblivious until Cena was in the ring. Sure a veteran like Nattie would realize the timing wasn't right while the prior match was in progress. And that drama with the costumes not being ready felt very contrived.

Also looking ahead to the whole "this season on..." just reeks of typical reality TV and plenty of forced and fake scenarios. EVERYONE's gotta have drama, it seems, but I'm not feeling it. That scene of Stephanie telling Eva she'll be gone? Obviously she's still with the company.

The sad thing is that I normally shit all over this kind of TV, but I can see myself watching it for the behind the scenes stuff and to see the interaction between the girls and their guys.

Peter Griffin
July 29th, 2013, 4:28 AM
Maria's tweets during the show, make her come off as such a fucking child. 'Aww poor Bellas, Kharmas a bitch lol' . Firstly I dont believe the Bella's have the power to stop someone getting a contract, secondly how would they negotiations were going on, and lets just say that the Bella's were involved, maybe Maria shouldn't have spent half the time slagging off the diva's locker room if she wanted to make a return some day, KHARMAS A BITCH LOL.

The Rogerer
July 29th, 2013, 5:02 AM
I just read the report and I was going to ask how the Wrestlemania stuff came across. Did it seem manufactured? The impression I get is that, for the sake of drama, it makes WWE sound like a joke. Wrestlemania would be planned to the second and the notion that they'll be running around not even knowing that they've been cut and trying to get their pants made.

JP
July 29th, 2013, 5:59 AM
Right, it's 5 minutes in and I've already cringed so much I feel like I'm shrinking.

GeezaTap
July 29th, 2013, 6:26 AM
THE WRESTLING IS FAKE, THE PEOPLE ARE REAL.

Is it anything like TOWIE etc? If so I need to see this. :$

JP
July 29th, 2013, 7:16 AM
It's started to calm down a bit now and got an alright flow in honesty.

Nattie's coming across pretty damn badly though, just incredibly bitter and struggles to confront things head on. Completely the opposite for Brie though, who seems bloody lovely, which highlights how good a role she plays actually.

That's it Eva, you show them you won't follow they're silly orders. Despite them having the experience, knowing what works and, maybe this is the kicker, them being your employer and telling you to do it. You go girl! :facepalm:

:lol: Nikki, HHH is a veteran, The Undertaker is a veteran, hell, your boyfrined is a veteran. You, less so bab. Could do with less of these conflict for the camera moments though.

Real tears though, unless she's a bloody amazing actress, the monstrous vein on the forehead being the giveaway. I get that, almost covers my entire bloody face.

I agree about the wardrobe malfunctions being set up for the camera but I think that was supposed to the set up for a happy ending, I think Taker/Punk going well over and the match being cut was genuine.

Surprisingly, quite enjoyed that. Less of the unbelievable mushy stuff and I'll be a happy boy.

casselmm47
July 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
As portrayed, I have a hard time believing they wanted Eva to go blonde of all colors, especially because of the trumped-up "because we already have the Bellas as brunettes" excuse. Not only is Nattie a blonde, but Kaitlyn (who, around WM, IIRC, was in or close to a program with either Layla or AJ) is essentially blonde with that streaked look she has going on. The 'red hair controversy' has got to be contrived-for-TV.

The Rogerer
July 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
The notion that people still actually select people based on hair colour seems like a throwback to the 80s or something. Do real, actual people think like that?

Tainted Eclipse
July 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
my default assumption is 95% of the the stuff on this show is/will be worked. though the idea that dying the hair red was such a HUGE RISK!!! is particularly absurd because well she could just get it dyed back, like, immediately. but god knows i dont want to spend too much time commenting on the internal logic of total divas.

The Law
July 29th, 2013, 10:10 PM
So the premiere drew a pretty great rating with 1.3 million viewers. That's the biggest premiere for any E! show since last year. It retained a little less than half of the audience from "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," which seems pretty respectable. It remains to be seen if it can keep it up, but that's definitely a promising debut.

Beer-Belly
July 29th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Damn, I'd give Mama Bella a roll in the hay.

Also, why am I watching this?

New FN Show Stopper
July 30th, 2013, 5:47 AM
All I took away from watching the rerun of this show is that The Bella twins are not as pretty as I thought they were.

Slare
July 30th, 2013, 7:14 AM
So, I really enjoyed this. Nikki bella seems a bit of a cow but Brie is lovely.

Also with the way they're going with Natalya she could become a MASSIVE sympathetic babyface on the back of this.

JP
July 30th, 2013, 7:30 AM
So, I really enjoyed this. Nikki bella seems a bit of a cow but Brie is lovely.

Also with the way they're going with Natalya she could become a MASSIVE sympathetic babyface on the back of this.

Agree with Brie, but I thought Natalya came off awfully.

If I was a fan of conspiracy and grudge theories I'd even be leaning towards it being a deliberate move to try and keep the Hart Family = Whiners narrative going.

The Rogerer
July 30th, 2013, 8:46 AM
I watched, or rather skipped through as much as I could bear, of Wrestling with Shadows for the first time recently and if anyone kicked off that belief it's Bret himself. Hey, can we turn the cameras off for a moment, okay?

Slare
July 30th, 2013, 8:57 AM
Never ever liked Bret after watching that. It was so increidbly obvious that he took himself so much mroe seriously than anyone else did and was pretty much deluded as to his worth in the company/world. His book is a cracking read but he also comes across fairly whiney too.

The Rogerer
July 30th, 2013, 9:22 AM
The screwjob was an absolute gift to Hart. He was leaving to go to the biggest competitor at a cutthroat time and wanted to go out on top and pull the rug from under the WWF. Vince let Bret walk with his head held high and protected his own business. If Bret and WCW had any sense they could have ran all the way with it.

Going to watch Divas tonight. Can't wait now

Slare
July 30th, 2013, 9:25 AM
It's genuinely quite good. The behind the scenes of the wrestling bits are a nice insight and the rest of it is just generally innofensive reality tv drama stuff. Nothing wrong with it at all

Mills
July 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this show. I wiil continue to watch it

VHS
July 30th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Me too.

One thing I couldn't help but wonder is: what other doors can this show open? Let's say this first season is a success and they continue with more down the road. What else could they do? They could possibly do this with small-time WWE roster guys, which I think would attract more fans.

RuneEdge
July 30th, 2013, 1:37 PM
I doubt they'd do the same kind of show with the low/mid carders. At least I hope they don't.
I think they don't take the women's division seriously enough to keep kayfabe, so a show like this isn't doing much damage to their main product in their eyes.

I don't know if they could break the forth wall with someone like Brodus for example, show him in a way where he's maybe a nice guy, and then push him up the card in the future as a heel monster. I guess it's kinda worked with Bigshow so maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

Mills
July 30th, 2013, 1:41 PM
yeah i'd love to watch a show like mid-card mafia. Follow Curt Hawkins, Justin Gabriel, The PTPs, snd 3MB, makes money

BuffyRocks
July 30th, 2013, 10:56 PM
The notion that people still actually select people based on hair colour seems like a throwback to the 80s or something. Do real, actual people think like that?

Unfortunately, yes. :\ I work in the opera business and it happens there a ton... I bet more in the musical theatre world.

the_man_diva
July 31st, 2013, 9:53 AM
Unfortunately, yes. :\ I work in the opera business and it happens there a ton... I bet more in the musical theatre world.

And it's very much alive on the indie scene too. Actually, not so much the hair color ... mainly ring attire. People get irked if you face each other and have gear that's the same COLOR, I've seen a wrestler actually ask another one to change his gear ... most recently (like, yesterday) I had another gay wrestler from Texas deliberately post on my Facebook picture, "Where'd you get the idea for your gear?" When I told him, he said, "IDK, it looks like mine." The only thing about the gear that's similar is it's a one-piece/sleeveless/shorts bodysuit akin to the ones MVP used to wear ... designs are completely different.

I am shocked that I like this show. Brie is a doll. I really like her. Nikki is extremely uppity ... Brie has been dating D-Bry a lot longer than Nikki has been with Cena, so naturally they would be ring shopping ... it ain't a race, Nikki! JoJo seems sweet, don't think she's mature enough to stick around though and she looks massively underage, I don't get the appeal there physically ... now Eva Marie, DAMN, if she turns out to be a great performer, I'm on-board because she may go pretty far as long as she doesn't develop a ring rat status or do too many stupid things. Looking forward to that Stephanie cameo.

I like Natalya ... I think her concerns and her gripes are justified, and they are the same things everyone's been saying on the forums for years ... at first I found it ludicrous that she didn't know she wasn't getting a match, but then again, at Mania, WWE has gotten in the habit of tossing the girls into multiple-person matches like Battle Royals, Ten-Diva Tags, Lumberjill Matches, just to get them all on the card ... I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that she legit thought there was a shot of her and other Divas being lumped together in another clusterfuck Mania match. I felt bad for Naomi when she found out the match was axed and I find it interesting that Brodus supposedly yelled at Cameron during rehearsal ... see, shit like that could wind up turning people from face to heel, or vice-versa ...

I love that Naomi keeps it real and how Brie is way more chill ... also, I think D-Bry is absolutely adorable, just being totally calm and supportive. And WTF ... on the outside, their apartments don't look all that ... but inside, their apartments are fucking awesome. I'm really hooked on this show.

PS: Good to see Layla does the same shit in real life that she does on WWE TV ... comes to hug and console the crying babyface. LOL.

JP
July 31st, 2013, 10:25 AM
If there's anything us Brits are good at, it's a consoling hug.

The Rogerer
July 31st, 2013, 2:47 PM
I've watched half of this so far and I didn't enjoy it, but not in the way I thought I would. I don't know how much of it is supposed to be real and what is manufactured drama, but I suppose both are equally bleak. Reading between the lines in this episode: It's pointless being a diva as all 5 cast members are unceremoniously pulled off the show, so what's the point of anything. Hair colour is the only thing that's quite notable about you, which is a massive problem for the men of the WWE of course. Also Brodus Clay isn't a lovable funkasaurus but a big cunt. Eva Marie says "Bitch Please" like someone who has never spoken.

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 4:04 PM
Eva Marie's manufactured bitchiness is great because she's HORRIBLE at it. That slap to Lawler on RAW looked horrible and her face just screamed "D-d I do it? Did I look like a bitch...?"

The Rogerer
August 1st, 2013, 3:51 PM
The Problem Factory starring The Raggy Dolls

Jimmy Zero
August 1st, 2013, 6:22 PM
I saw bits a pieces of the first episode. I was really hoping that dude would find Brodus and get his ass kicked.

Melly
August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Watched the first episode (is there more out already?) and enjoyed it. It was certainly scripted a lot of the time, but entertaining. From what I saw so far I like Brie, Eva, Jojo, Trinity and of course Cena and Bryan, that's a given. Not a fan of Ariane or Nattie based on this episode, they were really immature and unprofessional and Ariane was a compjlete diva, living up to the title.
8/10

VHS
August 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
I thought Nattie played more of the concerned veteran, or like a Mommy figure just fine. Didn't see her being immature at all, she was handling her frustration well as opposed to Ariane who is a pesty little brat.

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cameron came off like a doll. Out of all the cast members she surprised me the most.

Wasn't expecting to be a fan of hers.

I agree about Natty VHS, I thought she was justified in her actions in this episode. My wife just saw her as a whining baby.

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Cameron came off like a doll. Out of all the cast members she surprised me the most.

I agree about Natty VHS, I thought she was justified in her actions in this episode. My wife just saw her as a whining baby.

Your wife and I seem to view things in a similar fashion.

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
hmmm. You don't feel for her at all? or at least understand her perspective? Or do you think there are more adult like ways to handle the situation? I guess I could agree with the latter but we are humans and we aren't always perfect....ya know?

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Yeh I dont see a problem with Nattie in the show whatsoever.

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Her perspective seemed to be a very entitled one and that's something I never really like to see.

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Well she is entitled to be dealt a better hand than she has in recent times.

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Her perspective seemed to be a very entitled one and that's something I never really like to see.

That makes a lot of sense actually and I could see some of those traits from her in that episode for sure. But CM Punk and TBH almost every wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots shares those same qualities. I think it comes with the territory. Most guys feel they are the best and never utilized the way they feel they should be.

Ya know?

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Well she is entitled to be dealt a better and than she has in recent times.

She's not entitled to anything but to be treated with respect, same as anybody else.

That makes a lot of sense actually and I could see some of those traits from her in that episode for sure. But CM Punk and TBH almost every wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots shares those same qualities. I think it comes with the territory. Most guys feel they are the best and never utilized the way they feel they should be.

Ya know?

I don't have an issue with somebody thinking they aren't been utilised correctly, my issue is with how it was handled and dealt with. With Punk it was a 'fuck this' and he made them change. With Nattie it was more she felt it was unfair given who she was.

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
The best womens wrestler on the roster is absolutely entitled to feel like they are being mugged off whilst a procession of inferior workers have been pushed ahead of her.

VHS
August 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM

Cameron was a doll? By acting like a 5 year old? :wtf:

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
The best womens wrestler on the roster is absolutely entitled to fell like they are being mugged off whilst a procession of inferior workers have been pushed ahead of her.

The best? Really?

AJ and Kaitlyn recently had the best women's match we've seen since the days of Trish and Lita and you class Nattie as the best female worker in the company?

VHS
August 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Nattie's frustration wasn't that she felt she was being underutilized, but more because she felt she was being pushed aside and she was watching the show from the sidelines as she put it.

The best? Really?

AJ and Kaitlyn recently had the best women's match we've seen since the days of Trish and Lita and you class Nattie as the best female worker in the company?

Nattie is a better wrestler than Kaitlyn though... that's a no-brainer.

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
The best? Really?

What does those two having a great match have to do with how good a worker Nattie is? :wtf: .Nattie is absolutely the best worker in the division if given the chance.

The Rogerer
August 2nd, 2013, 1:05 PM
Given what a mess this show is, it's difficult to know what to feel. If Nattie is genuinely annoyed then she might as well hang on to it because it's the only currency she has left.

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 1:14 PM
Cameron was a doll? By acting like a 5 year old? :wtf:

The one with the big ass.....sorry I don't know their names.

Kimura Kid
August 2nd, 2013, 1:15 PM
The best? Really?

Kaitlyn is fucking trash in the ring. Natty and AJ are the best by leaps and bounds.

Fuck all this Kaitlyn love.....she is fucking garbage.

MikeHunt
August 2nd, 2013, 1:16 PM
They are all crap. I thought this programme was pure trash therefore brilliant! I'll watch again.

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 1:21 PM
Nattie is a better wrestler than Kaitlyn though... that's a no-brainer.

Is it?

I can't remember ever being emotionally involved in at Nattie match, as where the psychology and execution of some of Kaitlyn's matches recently have been outstanding. Nattie might be - to blatantly harp to her family's past - technically better in her execution of moves I don't think that makes her a better wrestler.

What does those two having a great match have to do with how good a worker Nattie is? :wtf: .Nattie is absolutely the best worker in the division if given the chance.

My point being that Nattie has never had a match that I have seen that even come close to the quality of the ones we've seen recently between AJ and Kaitlyn.

I think because of the awful quality the Women's division was in for a long time people allowed themselves to view Nattie through rose-tinted lenses because of her heritage and that she executes moves well. She's alright and an asset to the division but she's, at least in my opinion, but no means the better female wrestler they have.

The Rogerer
August 2nd, 2013, 2:11 PM
Better than Kaitlyn and I hate Bret Hart.

Melly
August 2nd, 2013, 2:17 PM
I understand Nattie being upset and frustrated, but the way she handled it was done poorly imo. I think her being asked to show the new girls around could be seen as a positive. She seemed to think she was above it, which is diva behavior, and I don't respect that sort of thing. Maybe she'll come off better in the next episodes.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2013, 2:22 PM
Is it?

I can't remember ever being emotionally involved in at Nattie match, as where the psychology and execution of some of Kaitlyn's matches recently have been outstanding. Nattie might be - to blatantly harp to her family's past - technically better in her execution of moves I don't think that makes her a better wrestler.

Well, hold on. Kelly Kelly looked great when she wrestled Beth Phoenix, but that doesn't mean she was. Have you been impressed with Kaitlyn outside of her matches with AJ?

And I think this is pretty much considered to be Natalya's best match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLvFUMXQ44

The Rogerer
August 2nd, 2013, 2:25 PM
It's hardly a positive. Being pulled from wrestlemania, and then being given new people to train to further distance you from where you want to be. I keep saying the real result is that if you take any of this show seriously, the WWE looks like a terrible place to work. Not that it isn't, but why release a product that actively destroys goodwill?

VHS
August 2nd, 2013, 2:57 PM
JP, I think you're basing your opinion just on Kaitlyn's matches with AJ. I'm a huge Kaitlyn fan myself, but before her work with AJ she was still a clueless green giant. That said, she's come a long way with her in-ring work and there has been little to complain about with her.

But there's no way I would consider her a better wrestler than Nattie. Just no way.

Is it?
My point being that Nattie has never had a match that I have seen that even come close to the quality of the ones we've seen recently between AJ and Kaitlyn.

Then I'd highly advise you to look harder. :lol:

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 3:08 PM
:squint:

Suggest something then. The tag match Cewsh posted was good, but nothing to the standard of Extreme Rules.

I have never connected with Nattie at all. I'd say it's me and not her, but I'm not breaking up with her.

MikeHunt
August 2nd, 2013, 3:14 PM
I'd like to conect with nattie.

MikeHunt
August 2nd, 2013, 3:15 PM
In her fanny!

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 3:16 PM
The thing is in recent years, Nattie or no other diva for that matter, has recieved the build up and match time Kaitlyn and AJ have, if they were to build up a AJ vs Natayla feud im sure it would be better than AJ vs Kaitlyn. Not knocking Kaitlyn, just the way it is IMO.

There are some decent 5 minute matches she has had with Beth,Michelle,etc. But again to be a better match more time is needed.

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 3:20 PM
So here we are actually having a discussion, and wait, is that a troll I see :squint:

More 'positive contributions' from Mr Hunt.

JP
August 2nd, 2013, 3:22 PM
:facepalm:

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
Dont facepalm me my laddo, I was trying to have a discussion :squint:

Miotch
August 2nd, 2013, 3:39 PM
Peter, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a joking comment like 'In her fanny'. It doesn't derail conversation, and it's not trolling. The report function is there for a reason, not for you to abuse because you have a personal problem with MikeHunt. Use it when it's actually appropriate and we won't have an issue.

If anyone has derailed this thread it was you posting that bullshit about 'Is that a troll I see?' etc., so sort yourself out. Put him on ignore. I don't give a shit, but this is all incredibly tedious and tiring.

Also, I am saddened that I will now have a post in this thread.

Carry on.

Peter Griffin
August 2nd, 2013, 3:55 PM
Oh fuck off, what does posting what he did bring to the conversation? Pathetic. Fucking tell me to sort myself out, sort yourselves out letting that fuckwit do what he wants when he wants and yet I get bans and infractions for trolling HIM. Absolute fucking joke, nothings ever going to be done about him if hes given free reign whilst everyone else gets pulled up on shit that is not as bad as the drivel that comes from him.

Miotch
August 2nd, 2013, 4:02 PM
Everybody say good bye to peter for a few days.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2013, 4:02 PM
Dude, you know that I have my own issues with Mike often enough, but you seriously need to knock this stuff off. If anything, it's hurting the argument against Mike.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 2nd, 2013, 4:04 PM
Peter for fucks sake will you stop being goaded like a ridiculous child. Just ignore Mike, let the mods deal with it if they wish. Report it, and just don't give him the attention. Instead you blow up like this for nothing and you look more of a prick than him. How have you not learned this already?!

Anyway, JP, I'd say Nattie might not have been given the chance to shine she kinda didn't fit.. I mean AJ is a good talent, and Kaitlyn isn't terrible.. except she kind of is but given the shit of the Diva's division these days they look amazing. I think Kaitlyn might be the better all round entertainer - but Nattie is by far the better wrestler.

But really, I cant think of a proper Nattie gimmick ... i mean they had her with a fart machine for fucks sake. Or Khali's bitch. :nono:

I think if she was around with Trish, Lita, Victoria, Molly, Ivory etc - she'd be a big star.. for a woman anyway.

MikeHunt
August 2nd, 2013, 4:10 PM
Haha! What a dafty!

On topic. Do you think this show is designed to show that there are females in the corporate department of wwe. Their roles seemed very forced.

VHS
August 2nd, 2013, 6:54 PM
This discussion only fuels my suspicions that WWE hasn't had someone in charge of handling the Divas Division. It's been a wasteland ever since Lita and Trish said fared us well, and the only whisper of commotion that's come up since then was LayCool and that itself was... mediocre at best to me. We had Mickie James battling LayCool... Beth Pheonix battling Maryse... Beth Pheonix battling LayCool... Kelly Kelly battling Beth Pheonix... Eve battling Beth Pheonix... Eve battling Maryse... Layla battling Eve... etc. ... etc. ...

It's been one forgettable feud after another for years, but now we're finally getting some life signs. And with the womens division heating up in NXT (Paige, Summer, Charlotte, Bailey, Emma) it looks as though this is the most opportunistic time for WWE to strike while the iron's hot!

the_man_diva
August 3rd, 2013, 4:15 PM
You know what bothers me? Trish Stratus says she chose Stephanie McMahon to induct her into the Hall of Fame because without Stephanie, no one would've been behind the revamping of the Women's Division. So, with that being said, I have a question ... where the fuck has Stephanie been after the Candice Michelle injury? Honestly, after Lita left, Mickie had her program with Victoria and they began building up Candice ... who was doing very well until her untimely injury. Then, after that, forgettable shit until LayCool ... where was Stephanie, who was supposedly behind the Women's Division during the Golden Era, when the Divas needed her most? I'm not hating, it's a serious question.

I agree, I think there hasn't been anyone solely in charge of the Division ... and it didn't help that Finlay was no longer really handling the girls a couple of years after Trish & Lita were gone. If they had someone to spearhead the division creatively, they wouldn't have been in a rut like they were.

I too feel the females in corporate positions in the company came off as rather forced ... that Jane lady, I wasn't aware the new head of talent relations was a female. If this were more of a scripted, regular TV show ... I would say she came off as more of a plot device than anything.

Hero!
August 5th, 2013, 9:26 AM
This fuckin' chick lying about being a dancer. Why? Did she really think they would just say "ah, fuck it" and let her stay on?

The Byran/Cena & Bellas stuff wasn't all too interesting, but man, Cena has a nice house.

I really hope both of the newbies get fired as soon as this show is over. They are awful and there are so many more deserving women hanging out in NXT.

The Rogerer
August 5th, 2013, 9:32 AM
So the woman working for the WWE is some sort of plant/plot device, based on what?

the_man_diva
August 5th, 2013, 9:58 AM
So the woman working for the WWE is some sort of plant/plot device, based on what?

I didn't say she WAS a plant or plot device, I merely said if this were a scripted television show, her "character" would feel like a plot device ... I was expanding on what someone else pointed out, that her presence felt kind of "forced." I was noting how she came across to me when we saw her ... case in point, having to pull Nattie aside to inform her that she [Nattie] wouldn't be getting a WrestleMania match, when we were a little over a week away from the event and common sense would already dictate, "Yeah, you're not getting a match."

The Rogerer
August 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
The whole thing is forced. Every little detail.

Cewsh
August 5th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I didn't say she WAS a plant or plot device, I merely said if this were a scripted television show, her "character" would feel like a plot device ... I was expanding on what someone else pointed out, that her presence felt kind of "forced." I was noting how she came across to me when we saw her ... case in point, having to pull Nattie aside to inform her that she [Nattie] wouldn't be getting a WrestleMania match, when we were a little over a week away from the event and common sense would already dictate, "Yeah, you're not getting a match."

These shows are scripted.

The Law
August 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Pro wrestling was the first reality television show. The two genres are perfect compliments.

Melly
August 5th, 2013, 6:56 PM
Enjoyed the second episode. Eva Marie obviously is scripted, no way would she get that far with lying about her dance (or lack of) experience. Dang Cena has an amazing place!

mth
August 5th, 2013, 7:03 PM
Two episodes down and I'm not doubting everything on this show is scripted. But that doesn't bother me, reality shows are and it's still cool seeing the other side of their world even if what's happening is a work. It's entertaining and amusing stuff.

Kimura Kid
August 5th, 2013, 7:07 PM
Cenas fucking house....god damn!!

Good for him.

I know the show is geared towards Divas but I was dying to see some interaction between Cena and Bryan. Like when the Bella's went for a car ride I was thinking I wonder what the fellas are doing right now.

http://i.minus.com/ioTG29ctdnJTH.gif

Fandango kissing his own hand was EPIC!!!

He had her wrapped around his finger from then on.

Fandango's got OD Game.

the_man_diva
August 7th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Scripted or not ... I was fucking SWEATING watching Stephanie stare down Eva Marie. LOL.

Hero!
August 7th, 2013, 9:01 AM

Went out for drinks last night with the boys, one of whom works for WWE. That woman really does handle situations like that and apparently she's always like that. Telling people they won't have anything at Mania is just a formality to keep them from getting their hopes up of doing a run in or having a backstage segment or something.

Slare
August 7th, 2013, 9:06 AM
Enjoyed the second ep for the most part. Obviously it's not geared towards me and I was bored a little by the Funkacostume drama and whether it was da bomb.com or not, but the Cena/Bryan stuff and the Eva Marie stuff was good fun. Fandango is absolutely brilliant, and the very notion of Bryan Danielson; Reality T.V Star is baffling yet good fun.

Ratings actually went UP in the second week too which is incredible news. In fact, Raw, Smackdown AND TDL! are all up this week by a fair chunk. New BOOM PERIOD - The E! Era.

the_man_diva
August 8th, 2013, 5:03 AM
Went out for drinks last night with the boys, one of whom works for WWE. That woman really does handle situations like that and apparently she's always like that. Telling people they won't have anything at Mania is just a formality to keep them from getting their hopes up of doing a run in or having a backstage segment or something.

Thinking back, Nattie probably thought she'd probably be valeting for the usual pre-show Dark Match Battle Royal that they used to have (which would make sense if Great Khali was involved). She's the Head of Talent Relations, right? I can't help but think what some of the scenes on Total Divas would've been like if JR or Johnny Ace were still around as Head of Talent Relations still. I can't find the full version of the second episode yet and it's driving me nuts because I want to see the Fandango stuff lol.

ANT
August 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
JP, I think you're basing your opinion just on Kaitlyn's matches with AJ. I'm a huge Kaitlyn fan myself, but before her work with AJ she was still a clueless green giant.

Her stuff with Eve was pretty good. That match at the beginning of the year with the title change was right up there with the AJ/Kaitlyn ones.

But good lord, this show is kinda awesome in a horrible way. Cena and Bryan chopping wood and out on double dates is something I could use on TV.

Mills
August 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Enjoyed the second ep for the most part. Obviously it's not geared towards me and I was bored a little by the Funkacostume drama and whether it was da bomb.com or not, but the Cena/Bryan stuff and the Eva Marie stuff was good fun. Fandango is absolutely brilliant, and the very notion of Bryan Danielson; Reality T.V Star is baffling yet good fun.

Ratings actually went UP in the second week too which is incredible news. In fact, Raw, Smackdown AND TDL! are all up this week by a fair chunk. New BOOM PERIOD - The E! Era.

Its the E!ra

The Rogerer
August 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Why is it called Total Divas Live?

VHS
August 8th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Because it's better than Total Divas Die.

G-Fresh
August 8th, 2013, 5:42 PM
Not much

Pipkin
August 12th, 2013, 3:00 AM
I had zero interest in this show when I first heard about it, but I was looking through the channel guide last night and I saw a replay of last week's episode coming on soon after and I remembered hearing that they went to Bryan Danielson's house in it, so I decided to TiVo it to see his house. Later that night when I was taking a break from writing a paper, I decided to watch it with every intention of fast forwarding through everything except the visit to Danielson's house but I got distracted on my laptop and let the first few minutes play normally.

Anyway, I am stunned at how entertaining this is. It was amazing. I think I was probably hooked by the second commercial break. I'm watching the newest episode now.

The only reality TV I watch is like, Deadliest Catch, Survivorman, and Top Chef, and I've just never understood why anybody would want to watch a show that wasn't actually about something (besides Seinfeld), but I'm going to be recording Total Divas every week...I don't know what's happening to me.

G-Fresh
August 12th, 2013, 3:32 AM
This shit would be way fuckin better if them dumb bitches had to survive a week in the middle of nowhere like Les Stroud.

Newf
August 12th, 2013, 4:59 AM
I don't mind that a good deal of this show is scripted, but do they have to be so obvious about it? I've yet to watch tonight's ep, but I'm reading the recap... Jon and Trinity fight because she takes off her ring, explaining that WWE wants their divas to appear available... and this conversation unfolds on a show that shows all 7 of them being in relationships.

Then we go back to last week with the whole Eva Marie trying to become Fandango's dancer, and yet those paying attention to timing know that Summer Rae was pretty much his new dancer by that point and that it wasn't "a different girl in every town" before that either.

And then there's a bit over just where in the hell Bryan and Brie actually live (with it being heavily implied that it's been San Diego all along, and still is) and the bullshit about Nikki expecting an engagement from the recently-divorced Cena after less than a year (at the time of filming) of them dating.

I get that this is all just another level of kayfabe in a lot of ways, but could they try to camouflage it a bit better?

The Rogerer
August 12th, 2013, 5:26 AM
So WWE wants them to appear available, like some sort of sleezy cliched bar owner? And then it's all bollocks anyway for this show. It's just a pyramid of stupid things.

G-Fresh
August 12th, 2013, 5:39 AM
Sucks they didn't do something like this 15 years ago. Stone Cold beating the shit out of Debra would have been ratings.

The Rogerer
August 12th, 2013, 6:04 AM
Randy Orton shitting in bags, Matt Hardy having a breakdown, Triple H bumming Chyna, so many entertaining moments lost.

the_man_diva
August 12th, 2013, 8:59 AM
Sucks they didn't do something like this 15 years ago. Stone Cold beating the shit out of Debra would have been ratings.

I was thinking the same. Like Rogerer said, had this show been on YEARS ago, shit would be crazy ... before Matt Hardy/Lita, before Orton ... they should've done this fucking show during Sable & Sunny's era, hearing half the stories about their epic backstage feud, then Luna having issues with both of them, it would've been amazing TV.

Melly
August 12th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I admit it, I am hooked. It's cheesy and scripted, but hilarious. I can't wait to see next week's.

the_man_diva
August 14th, 2013, 8:10 AM
... I never saw this before, but it makes me wish even more that Total Divas was around during the non-PG era ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJuR17JqEw

Slare
August 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Ratings up again this week. Excellent stuff.

VHS
August 14th, 2013, 3:50 PM
If you haven't heard of the Old School Wrestling Review Podcast (OSW)... you need to give these folks a watch. They're hilarious. And they reviewed Total Divas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ChjE6xWot8

Love these guys.

mth
August 14th, 2013, 3:55 PM
The show has been renewed for another six episodes to start in November. :yes:

Hero!
August 14th, 2013, 4:12 PM
One of those OSW cats followed me on twitter, but I had no clue what it was. Ill give a listen.

glad to hear there's a season 2 for this. I like this show. :yes:

One Man Gang
August 14th, 2013, 4:49 PM
MichaelC and I have been listening to these OSW guys reviewing the Hulkamania era and it's pretty good. So since I hadn't seen an episode of Total Divas, this was an excellent way to catch up.

Bert
August 26th, 2013, 3:27 AM
That Nattie thing with the most likely gay guy was so staged. Same with the dumb go karts.

MikeHunt
August 26th, 2013, 3:28 AM
The whole thing is fucking staged Bert.

The Rogerer
August 26th, 2013, 3:37 AM
I didn't enjoy OSW the one time I listened to the podcast and that review is the same. They seem to be pretty awkward with no charisma, about 4 different introductions so I skip forward 5 minutes and they're STILL arsing about and playing some N64 music for no discernable reason.

Bert
August 26th, 2013, 4:25 AM

The thing with the Bella's Dad seemed real. :dunno:

Pipkin
August 26th, 2013, 4:32 AM
Yeah, of course this stuff is staged. I still can't help but love it. I really can't believe how much I love it.

Cewsh
August 26th, 2013, 9:13 AM
One of those OSW cats followed me on twitter, but I had no clue what it was. Ill give a listen.

glad to hear there's a season 2 for this. I like this show. :yes:

They're friends of Cewsh Reviews. :cool:

There really are a crazy number of decent wrestling podcasts out there.

MikeHunt
August 26th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Inside the ropes wins every time.

Hero!
August 26th, 2013, 1:30 PM

WHAT. After this shocking revelation, I'm starting to wonder whether or not professional wrestling as a whole might be staged.

G-Fresh
August 26th, 2013, 1:48 PM
I watched a couple episodes and it's actually good so I take back my previous words.

MikeHunt
August 26th, 2013, 2:00 PM
WHAT. After this shocking revelation, I'm starting to wonder whether or not professional wrestling as a whole might be staged.

It's really fucking mind blowing to think anyone would think otherwise and then I remember that it was Bert that thought differently.

Hero!
August 26th, 2013, 2:05 PM
I watched a couple episodes and it's actually good so I take back my previous words.

Apology accepted.

It's really fucking mind blowing to think anyone would think otherwise and then I remember that it was Bert that thought differently.

What other deep dark secrets do you hold, Michael J. Hunt?

Newf
August 26th, 2013, 2:24 PM
So what exactly did Eva and Jojo do beside a WHOPPING 30 second plank and a half-ass attempt at headlocks? 30 seconds should be nothing if you're reasonable fit, and ESPECIALLY if you're training to be a Diva.

Also at first it was kind of cool that they were acknowledging Daniel Bryan as Bryan Danielson on this show and using others' real names but now it's just annoying, especially because they kept referring to Fandango as Fandango. Roman Reigns gets to be JOE but Curtis Hussey is STILL Fandango?!

I'll update this as running commentary...

"But Chinese, it's literally, like... Chinese." What does Cena see in Nikki?! Also I can recall a few occasions when Cena has spoken another language. Is this his thing, now? Antonio Cesaro speaks 5 so Cena's gonna learn 6?

TJ can't be THAT much of a momma's boy, can he? And she's not even the worst. His sister is an absolute cunt though. You'd think one of them was adopted, too. She's that kind of fat where her face is SO fat her features are distorted and she looks like a dinosaur. I really wonder how much of that exchange was scripted. I hope all of it, cuz otherwise if I were Nattie I'd be plotting ways to Dexter the mom and sis.

Nattie comes off REALLY high maintenance... even if it's staged. I've seen her Twitter and Instagram and her love of shoes and "high end" labels and her obsession with her cat already gave me that opinion. This isn't helping. Also was TJ wearing the same shirt and pants her had on when they got to the hotel the previous day?

Hero!
August 26th, 2013, 2:27 PM
You're not letting the A's breathe, Newf.

Cewsh
August 26th, 2013, 3:09 PM
For the record, pro athletes have said that 30 seconds in a wrestling ring blew them up. It's a totally different kind of motion that your muscles aren't trained for.

Kimura Kid
August 26th, 2013, 4:04 PM
TJ can't be THAT much of a momma's boy, can he? And she's not even the worst. His sister is an absolute cunt though. You'd think one of them was adopted, too. She's that kind of fat where her face is SO fat her features are distorted and she looks like a dinosaur. I really wonder how much of that exchange was scripted. I hope all of it, cuz otherwise if I were Nattie I'd be plotting ways to Dexter the mom and sis.

The whole scenario portrays TJ as a spineless, unappreciative, lazy, unemotional, no dick having tool.

It's my least favorite part of the show and IMO the most overly scripted. It's cringe worthy every time Natty and TJ are having issues that are obviously staged....makes me wonder why the fuck TJ would allow himself to be portrayed in such a manner. uhghh......

And Natty going on the date.......wtf? I honestly cannot understand why Natty and TJ signed on for this.

P.s I'm hoping Tj's mom and sister were playing up the cunty roles too.......that couldn't have been legit.

Newf
August 26th, 2013, 4:24 PM
For the record, pro athletes have said that 30 seconds in a wrestling ring blew them up. It's a totally different kind of motion that your muscles aren't trained for.

Oh I don't doubt that. But a 30 second plank is pretty basic. If they can't hold a static plank for 30 seconds how are they gonna manage 30 seconds of running the ropes and bumping? That's what I'm getting at.

Hero!
November 11th, 2013, 2:44 PM
I swear that chick was reading rajah last night

Newf
November 19th, 2013, 3:34 AM
I'm trying to figure out why they blurred the reflection in the mirror as Cena was hugging Nikki after the vibrator scene. It wasn't blurred at any point before that. Nearest I can figure it looked like his arm was bandaged (and they made efforts to keep his left arm hidden in other scenes) and therefore that scene was shot after his surgery, but they edited it to appear as though it occurred beforehand... why they'd do that, I'm not sure, but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

Also a bit shocked to discovered Jinder has virtually no accent but plays it up on TV. (Also just discovered he's Canadian!)

Also is Drew's rasp awesome or what?

"That makes me nervous when you talk about writing on your arm or index cards, this is WWE, that doesn't happen here."

http://withleather.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/RockNotesPROOF-650x369.jpg

Bert
November 19th, 2013, 3:36 AM
Personally I'm mad they blurred Nikki's vag.

Pipkin
November 19th, 2013, 3:37 AM
My favorite part of the episode, by a wide margin, was when Cena told Nikki that the public education system failed her.

Newf
November 19th, 2013, 4:26 AM
Yeah, between that and her "I feel like Carrie in Sex And The City" I'm having a hard time seeing what John sees in her.

Andy
November 19th, 2013, 8:30 AM
What's this about vibrators and Bella vag?

The Rogerer
November 19th, 2013, 9:00 AM
You'll have to give me more

Mills
November 19th, 2013, 3:38 PM
This show has made me enjoy the Usos about 30 times more, strangely Brie and DB too

Newf
November 19th, 2013, 6:51 PM
This show has made me enjoy the Usos about 30 times more, strangely Brie and DB too
I'm a bit surprised the Usos don't travel together... or do they, but all this driving around with Cameron and Naomi is for the show and Jey just elected to not be involved in filming? It never really seems like the 3 of them are every going anywhere...

DeepMo
November 23rd, 2013, 3:43 AM
I wish they add Alicia Fox as a regular.....

Mills
November 23rd, 2013, 4:20 AM
I could see that happening. I have a feeling that JoJo won't be around much longer

mth
November 23rd, 2013, 3:41 PM
I read it's been renewed for a second season. I wish they'd recast it if that's true. Throw a handful of the other chicks on: Alicia Fox, Layla, Aksana, Summer Rae, and maybe a chick or two from NXT.

Miotch
November 23rd, 2013, 4:10 PM
You need to go have a look at yourself in a mirror and have a nice long think about that statement.

Bert
November 23rd, 2013, 8:05 PM
That's nothing compared to what goes on in the diva thread.

mth
November 23rd, 2013, 8:34 PM
It's a silly bullshit show that makes me laugh. Not sure what's wrong with wanting a fresh set of chicks for the next round.

Newf
November 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah, the few times Alicia's popped up on the show she always seems like a really cool chick.

mth
November 24th, 2013, 12:02 AM
She's quite goofy in other videos I've seen her in. Probably would be pretty entertaining.

VHS
November 24th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Alicia's great. Very classy, very fun & energetic, and "goofy" is a perfect description of her. There's another diva that's nice, classy, and energetic, but annoys the living piss out of me is... Layla. Something about her just bugs me. :lol:

Bert
November 24th, 2013, 1:33 AM
Alicia's great. Very classy, very fun & energetic, and "goofy" is a perfect description of her. There's another diva that's nice, classy, and energetic, but annoys the living piss out of me is... Layla. Something about her just bugs me. :lol:

Now I see why kangus hates you.

Bert
December 3rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
I've never seen Bill DeMott be that nice. That was weird.

Mills
December 3rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
It was also hilarious that Cena admitted he DVR's Raw. Even big John cant watch it live

Bert
December 3rd, 2013, 11:47 PM
It was also hilarious that Cena admitted he DVR's Raw. Even big John cant watch it live

I thought he said when I was on the road "I had to DVR your show" referring to Total Divas.

Pipkin
December 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM
I thought he said when I was on the road "I had to DVR your show" referring to Total Divas.
I was under the impression that he recorded Raw because he was too bummed out about being hurt to watch it live.

Mills
December 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM
Maybe, I thought he said he had to DVR Raw

StoneColdChris
December 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
So have they cut out JoJo from the show, the last couple of episodes I have seen, she has barely been on them.

Newf
December 16th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Can we just put Eva Marie's family in a room with all of Nikki's friends and have them fight to the death? Is there a more disgusting group of people?

"You have to be careful, though, cuz there's lots of bears." Line of the night goes to Bryan.

Bert
December 17th, 2013, 6:01 AM
I understand Eva Marie's family a little though. She's known this guy a few months and they're getting married. That is crazy. Plus she was engaged before. That is crazier.

And Bryan said you have to be careful, not closer.

Mills
December 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
If you watched JBL and Cole show, that line was 50 times funnier

Excel
December 17th, 2013, 6:37 PM
If it wasnt big shows gimmick i'd totally buy a daniel bryan bear themed t-shirt

mth
December 17th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Eva's family had some legit points/concerns but my god did they express them like douchebags.

I already disliked Natalya before but this show has really done a good job helping that feeling blossom.

Also have to salute John Cena for his thoughtful and considerate choice to not have children.

Suraj
January 30th, 2014, 5:09 PM
season two has summer rae replacing jojo - jojo is rumored to have been/to be dating randy orton. do you think that had some weight on jojo appearing on season two? i know randy orton didn't want his wife on national tv before his divorce and they hired an actress to play his wife. not sure if the jojo/orton stuff is true and that's why she's opted out of being in season two or do you think wwe ousted her because she's pretty blah?

Mills
January 30th, 2014, 5:16 PM
she was phased out big time during the second half of season 1, it wasnt a huge surprise to see her phased out. I wouldve preferred to see Bayley or Emma in the Summer Rae spot, but its not the end of the world or anything

Tainted Eclipse
January 30th, 2014, 5:20 PM
Eva's family had some legit points/concerns but my god did they express them like douchebags.

"if you get divorced we will disown you as a family." eva's fiance looked like a total cunt but holy shit that was grade A awful, that family was the worst if that wasnt scripted.

Bert
January 30th, 2014, 5:48 PM
If she didn't get married after knowing the guy for a month then she wouldn't have to worry about their threat if she got divorced.

Especially considering they said this wasn't the first time she was engaged.