PDA

View Full Version : First wrestling video you ever owned

Defrost
July 25th, 2013, 6:51 PM
Here is mine

WWF Champion Hulk Hogan's Greatest Matches #WS911
- WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan pinned Andre the Giant (w/ Bobby Heenan)with a bodyslam and the legdrop at 12:07; Bob Ueker was the guest ring announcer and Mary Hart was the guest time keeper; after the match, Hogan was presented with a new heavyweight title belt (WrestleMania III - 3/29/87; Pontiac Silverdome)
- WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter in a Desert Storm match when Gen. Adnan threw in the towel as Hogan had Slaughter in the Camel Clutch after throwing a fire ball in his face (6/3/91; Madison Square Garden)
- WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan (w/ Miss Elizabeth) pinned Randy Savage (w/ Sensational Sherri) with a clothesline and the legdrop at 12:01 as Elizabeth held Sherri back from interfering (10/13/89; Paris, France)
- Hulk Hogan pinned WWF World Champion Sgt. Slaughter (w/ Gen. Adnan) to win the title at 20:23 with the legdrop after a boot to the face; in the final moments of the match, Slaughter laid the Iraqi flag across the challenger, went to cover him, and Hogan kicked out and Hulked up, which then led to the finish; Regis Philbin did guest commentary for the match; Alex Trebeck was the guest ring announcer and introduced both participants; Marla Maples was the guest time keeper for the bout (WrestleMania VII - 3/24/91; Los Angeles, CA)
- Hulk Hogan pinned WWF World Champion the Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) to win the title at 13:11 with a roll up after Bearer accidentally hit Taker in the head with the urn and Hogan threw ashes from the urn into the champion's face; WWF President Jack Tunney was at ringside to see that the match was fair but was knocked out during a confrontation between Hogan and Ric Flair on the floor (Tuesday in Texas - 12/3/91; San Antonio, TX)

Tainted Eclipse
July 25th, 2013, 7:26 PM
wrestlemania 10

takerson
July 25th, 2013, 7:34 PM
First one I owned was WrestleMania 15. I'd rented shit-tons weekly at the video store though.

JP
July 25th, 2013, 7:37 PM
Summerslam 88

chatty
July 25th, 2013, 7:51 PM
I cant remember which I got first but the ones I remember having were:

Hulk Hogan, Real American
Wrestlemania 3
Some Ultimate Warrior collection
Hulkamania Forever
Grudges, grunts and gripes
And Battle Royal

Oh and Uk Rampage 92

Dubya
July 25th, 2013, 8:14 PM
I think the first videos I can remember were ... the Hulkamania tape from before he went to WCW.. a WCW new blood video that featured guys like 2 Cold Scorpio, Eric Watts, Chris Benoit.. good watch.. and a WCW crazy matches tape or something.. had Sting vs. Cactus.. Vader vs. Cactus.. Doom vs. Horsemen.. those are the earliest ones I can remember having.

El_Dandy
July 25th, 2013, 8:18 PM
I got Roddy Piper's Greatest Hits at a closing out sale at some ghetto video store when I was like 14... They had a few WCW tapes as well but I didn't have enough money at the time to purchase them plus the Piper comp. So I obviously just went with the Piper comp. I wish I still had these type of tapes, I must have had 30-35 coliseum videos at one point, but one day when I decided to become a man and move into my own place I dumped every wrestling VHS/DVD I had along with the VCR and DVD player... I just barely bought a blu ray player a year and 1/2 ago. I only had satellite TV for quite a few years. I should see if I can purchase any of the really early ones.

Mills
July 25th, 2013, 8:22 PM
Wrestlemania 3

Badger
July 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Wrestling's Greatest Hits bought out of John Menzies.

Slare
July 26th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I used to tape a fair few off the tele but the first I ever remember buying was

THE ROYAL RUMBLE 2000

The Rosk
July 26th, 2013, 12:27 PM
http://static.cdcovers.cc/60b7e05b5029eb389d8572a1eafadc8f/22da4641ce0e89492bb99bf0948adf3f/51f2a358/Wwf_Davey_Boy_Smith_British_Bulldog-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front.jpg

Mr_Mitch
July 27th, 2013, 5:30 PM
The first I ever bought was WWF/Coliseum's 1997 "Bret 'Hit Man' Hart." It was $5 at K-Mart and I was the happiest kid in town as I watched it over and over for two months. I don't even remember what was on it, but 10 year old me sure enjoyed it!

Beer-Belly
July 27th, 2013, 5:33 PM
The first two Austin videos and WrestleMania XIV. I still have a soft spot for XIV. The atmosphere really elevated the action.

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 8:44 PM
Austin 3:16 Uncensored. Tried playing it today, but there's a loud WEEEEEEEEE sound and it's fuzzy. Damn it.

darkhorse
July 31st, 2013, 9:07 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/29ut9qq.jpg

This was the only one I actually owned. Rented a bunch though.

thesamuelcooke
August 1st, 2013, 1:50 AM
IYH 9: International Incident - was given it from a friend randomly.
First videos I actually had bought new for me was a collection of these WCW career interview thingys. One had Goldberg and Sting on, the others Nash/Flair and Savage/DDP, the covers were green...

Beer-Belly
August 1st, 2013, 2:02 AM
Austin 3:16 Uncensored. Tried playing it today, but there's a loud WEEEEEEEEE sound and it's fuzzy. Damn it. They put the "'cause Stone Cold said so" video out on DVD and it's fucking great. He narrates the whole thing in character. It's an hour or so of him barking shit at you and justifying acting like a total nutcase.

Kdestiny
August 1st, 2013, 3:09 AM
Royal Rumble 1990. Was the earliest PPV I had seen during my childhood and to be frank I was a bit pissed Perfect didn't win the Rumble.

MMH
August 1st, 2013, 3:22 AM
Summerslam 88. Loved it at the time but it was a pretty poor show in reality.

It was that or High Flyers which was pretty terrible. It had a good Jumping Bomb Angels vs Glamour Girls match but Savage vs Virgil, The Rockers vs the Conquistadors and the Young Stallions, Blue Blazer and Koko B. Ware in jobber matches didnt really float my boat. The Young Stallions werent even high flyers!

OD50
August 1st, 2013, 3:52 AM
WrestleMania VIII... with Swedish commentary. :\

The Rogerer
August 1st, 2013, 6:09 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004CYFW.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Actually a pretty decent video on the basis that you got a lot of compilations of the brilliant promos he did, and then a dramatic editing of the Hell in a Cell

Chris
August 1st, 2013, 7:26 AM
I relied on a friend lending me tapes of shows for quite a while, but the first two I ever bought from HMV were King of the Ring 2000 and Fully Loaded 2000. I was horrified at the hardcore evening gown match at KOTR, but absolutely loved Fully Loaded. For me, it's still one of the best PPVs WWE has ever put on.

The first individual wrestler video I bought was The Rock: The People's Champ.

They put the "'cause Stone Cold said so" video out on DVD and it's fucking great. He narrates the whole thing in character. It's an hour or so of him barking shit at you and justifying acting like a total nutcase.

His commentary for the Royal Rumble is classic.

mimozed
August 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Xxxx Royal rumble 1989
Big john stud winning the rumble
Ravishing rick rude vs ultimate warrior pose down which sucked
My second was battle royal at the royal Albert Hall with Andre the giants final appearance saving davy boy at the end

Jarrod1983
August 8th, 2013, 10:22 PM
My cousin gave me 3 videos taped from when she got them on Pay Per View. We watched them all right in a row when she was babysitting and let me keep them since I liked them so much. I still have them to this day and I've collected pretty much any wrestling footage I can get my hands on. It is a addiction.

Summerslam 1989. First one I watched. The opener was The Hart Foundation VS. The Brainbusters. Bret Hart IS the MAN! First match I watched and its no wonder I am, to this day, a huge, not just Bret but HART FAMILY Fan. They are wrestling royalty. Thank you Stu!
The Rockers put on a show in that 6 man tag too. What kid didn't love Marty & Shawn?
Ravishing Rick Rude VS The Ultimate Warrior. Loved them both but the real star was Rowdy Roddy Piper doing the run in at the end to help Warrior go over by mooning Rude. Marked hard for Piper then when I was a kid and I just saw him live and I marked for him just as much as a adult. Met him he is a true gentleman and a class act.
Hogan & Beefcake went over Savage & Zues too but honestly I was disappointed Macho Man didn't win. Even as a kid you could tell Savage was busting his ass to make it look good. RIP Randy Savage.

Summerslam 1990. The Hart Foundation win those WWF tag team titles against Demolition! Texas Tornado wins the Intercontinental title. Piper on commentary!

Royal Rumble 1991. Still to this day Rumbles are my favorite PPV. I loved how it seemed on this night everyone got a little spotlight. Not so much now a days but back in the day it seemed everyone on the roster, or at least 95% of it, would get a little tv time. I loved seeing all the different characters. It was the first time I saw The Undertaker. I remember Hawk of LOD telling a member of Demoltion that "I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR NECK!" Hits him with a stiff clothesline and says a enthusiastic "YEAH"! My man Bret came in at #1 and had a strong showing. Best part of the PPV though was the opener. The Rockers VS. The Orient Express. I loved that Tag match. It was a Tag clinic and Dr. Jannetty & Dr. Micheals definatley showed why they were one of the best teams ever and THE best tag team to never win those WWF tag belts. They deserved them. It was lame the night they won them that rope broke. They deserved their run. First time I heard Gorilla Monsoon too. He was awesome at explaining everything and just making the matches entertaining. (Gorilla & Bobby Heenan best commentary team EVER) Piper was again on commentary which was awesome. Piper could do anything. I always thought he deserved a run at the top. I always have thought if he didn't retire at WM3 maybe he would have won the Tournament at WM4 instead of Savage. I know he didn't get pinned that entire run in the WWF until Bret Hart at WM8 but, if he got THE belt for a year, I think he would have laid down for Hogan. Piper was OVER if you go back and watch video of the time between WM2 and WM3. He could have been Champ but thats a argument for a different thread right.

Those were the first 3 of hundreds of videos and DVDs I've collected. My dad's garage is FULL of my wrestling stuff. He HATES wrestling. hahaha.

Bluegunn
August 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Wrestlemania 5. I was only 7 years old at the time, but I loved most of the matches minus the double countout and double dq because I hated that they wasted finishes like that for Wrestlemania back then.