PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker 25-0

Anaconda Sniper
July 21st, 2013, 9:10 PM
In this poll I am only suggesting if Taker gets to 25-0 and ends it there. For all we know he only has one left or has 10 left who knows. But for 25-0 he only needs 4 more matches to do it. So what I want to know is who are the top 4 guys that Taker should wrestle with to make that streak 25-0. I figure Cena and Lesnar will be huge favorites..but what about another match with Orton or Kane. Or even taking on guys like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Ziggler.

Please only vote for 4 choices of who you want to see Taker wrestle. If you vote other please say who you want one of them to be.

Jimmy Zero
July 21st, 2013, 9:15 PM
I would honestly be completely shocked if he goes another 2 Wrestlemanias.

Anaconda Sniper
July 21st, 2013, 9:17 PM
I'll add to that if you don't think he can make it..vote for the opponents you would like to see him wrestle. So if you only think he has 1 more in him pick 1 and so on.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 21st, 2013, 9:28 PM
In order:

Lesnar - strike while it's hot, and possible.
Cena - As the ultimate company man, holding him off a year has much less risk than doing so for Lesnar.
Bryan - he's hot now, but keep him firmly for the main event for two years before his shot at the streak, and you build the kayfabe legitimacy that he might break it.
Kane - I'd have them bow out together:

Taker wins, and the two staredown in the centre of the ring, milking it a minute or so.
They finally embrace, to thunderous cheers.

The lights cut out, followed by flames from the ringpost.

As the lights come back up, all that's seen in the ring is a very familiar hat and jacket, and an equally familiar mask...

*DONG*

VHS
July 21st, 2013, 9:53 PM
If Undertaker was to actually lose at WM, it would have to be to John Cena. Something as historic and perhaps cataclysmic should be against the biggest opponent WWE has and that is John Cena still... unfortunately.

Atty
July 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM
After he beat Punk, he shouldn't lost at Mania. At least not to anyone I see right now.

I also doubt he goes much more than one or two more, with a massive qualifier: he only has one or two MAJOR Manias left. I could see him showing up at Manias past that to work smaller matches, where he squashes young whippersnappers in a crowd pleasing moment, but going all out at the show is something that will come to an end sooner than later.

I think Brock is next, as that would be a draw and leave Cena open to face Punk at WM 30. After that, if he does a big match, it's Cena. If he doesn't, it's someone like a heel Miz who he can throw around, looking cool, and squash to the delight of the crowd.

Jimmy Zero
July 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM
I could only bring myself to vote for Kane. I agree with Bully Ray. They should go out together. Plus, has Kane really ever gotten that big win over Undertaker? The match would probably be awful, but the buildup and drama around it would be awesome.

Atty
July 21st, 2013, 10:10 PM
Taker came back and put Kane over clean when he had the title a couple years back.

mth
July 21st, 2013, 10:15 PM
I've seen more than enough Taker vs. Kane by now. No desire to ever see them go at it again.

Kneeneighbor
July 21st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Brock Lesnar and then the "other 3rd brother" !!! :panic:

Atty
July 21st, 2013, 10:46 PM
I said it before, probably on Skype, but they need a storyline where Bryan THINKS he's the third brother. It basically writes itself.

The Law
July 21st, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'd hate to see him face Kane again. Their matches against each other in the late 90s, when they were 15 years younger, weren't very good. Though they managed a pretty good match at Night of Champions in 2010, their other matches that year were pretty horrible. I think Kane ending Undertaker's streak would be terrible. I don't think anyone should end it, but I definitely don't think Kane is at that level, or even close.

The two guys on the current roster I would really like to see him face are Cena and Lesnar. Either of those would be huge and work for the next two years. I don't think he has much more than two or three big matches left in him. He wrestled all of three matches in his most recent run, and was apparently hurt badly enough that he needed shoulder surgery. I just don't think his body can take much more. I'd also really hate to see him stay around for too many matches and start stinking up the ring at Wrestlemania. He's built such an amazing legacy at that show, particularly with the greatness of his matches from Wrestlemania 23 on. I hope he can go out with his head held high. Wrestlemania 30 would be as good a time as any to hang them up. A win over Cena in his retirement match, followed by the entire locker room emptying to applaud him, then the wrestlers parting as he makes his way through the curtain one final time...one long look back at the crowd, a single arm raised in the air, and then he's gone. We don't get enough happy endings in wrestling, and I hope he can be one.

mth
July 21st, 2013, 11:09 PM
I said it before, probably on Skype, but they need a storyline where Bryan THINKS he's the third brother. It basically writes itself.
Damn shame Bearer's gone because he could add a lot to that angle.

MikeHunt
July 22nd, 2013, 1:07 AM

That sounds so fucking stupid!

Judas Iscariot
July 22nd, 2013, 1:09 AM
I read Wade Barrett as Bray Wyatt.

+1 for Wyatt, -1 for Barrett.

Judas Iscariot
July 22nd, 2013, 1:10 AM
Anyway, Dean Ambrose is obviously going to end the streak.

Mills
July 22nd, 2013, 1:42 AM
My wildcard is Sheamus. His character is annoying beyond hell right now, but damn it he can put on a great match with anyone. ANYONE. He pulled great matches out of Big Show and other lower quality workers, why not Taker?

mobster57106
July 22nd, 2013, 3:05 AM
For a very long time I thought Taker's streak should never end, but now I'm getting to the point where I think the WWE should capitalize on a story this big. The only person that I can see ending the streak is Cena. I would only be alright with Cena breaking the streak, if it meant that he turned heel. There is no other reason for Cena to end the streak unless this happened. There really is no logical reason why Taker's streak shouldn't end, it's already 21-0, something no other wrestler should get near. I'm also not saying Taker's streak should end just to anybody. I would horrified if a guy like the Miz came along and ended the streak.

My votes went to Cena and Lesnar, mainly. It's really hard to predict how long Taker is still going to be around. I would safely guess he'll be around for at least 2 more Manias. After that, it gets a little sketchy.

Andy
July 22nd, 2013, 3:20 AM
Cena/Taker at Mania, to me, would be the most exciting match in wrestling history. The streak should never end though, and I'd be disgusted if Cena ended it. Imagine the standard Super Cena shit taking Taker out after 22 years. UGH.

The only scenario in which I'd even consider Taker being beaten at Mania as a good thing is if it was part of a mega heel turn from Cena. I think that would be the only way to get everyone to legitimately hate him.

And I agree about the happy ending stuff. Yeah it's be cheesy but to have him go 25-0 or whatever in the main event of Wrestlemania would be brilliant.

Andy
July 22nd, 2013, 3:25 AM
As for other opponents, I can't see too much beyond Cena and Lesnar at this point. Maybe if Bryan is still this over in a couple of years and has a few WWE title reigns under his belt.

I can't see him facing young up and comers like Wyatt or Big E anymore, it only really makes sense to have the blockbuster matches now.

Judas Iscariot
July 22nd, 2013, 3:53 AM
Cena/Taker needs to happen. My Cena prejudice aside, it would be fucking MASSIVE. I think that's obvious enough. It would be ridiculous.

Particularly due to Cena's happy-go-lucky promos over facing Taker at Mania.

It'll be wonderful to see two guys who no-sell everything go against each other.

Dean Ambrose is going to end the streak, I think that's obvious.

His matches against Taker and Kane were great character mindfuck asshole things. The cutting of the throat and taunting, the trying to go for Old School.

Dean Ambrose will cremate both of them and snort their ashes like Keith Richards snorted his father's ashes.

And breathe dragon fire that burns down the arena.

chatty
July 22nd, 2013, 8:20 AM
I'd be happy with just Cena v Taker to end it but I can also see the appeal in Taker v Brock.

Bryan would make it work just cause he's awesome but I don't think he's at the point where he would get that match and when/if he is Taker will probably be retired.

I think he's got two matches maximum. If he goes against Cena this year I think that will be it, if he goes against Brock then we may see Cena the year after.

They must have thought about pulling the trigger on it before as I remember Undertaker chokeslamming Cena for practically no reason on a Raw or SD and then it just got forgotten about.

Atty
July 22nd, 2013, 2:48 PM
I wonder if Cena would sit up from a Tombstone?

:chin: