PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun (PC)

Kyle_242
July 19th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Launches next week. Looks great, I'm hyped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UFYsQ0M2Jrg

The_Mike
July 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Are there any reviews around? I'm definitely interested but sometimes these kinds of games end up being crazy hard or buggy as hell, so I'd like to know what I'm getting into before buying.

Kyle_242
July 19th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Haven't seen any reviews yet, but the buzz has been really good. It's an independent Kickstarter game, so it's been made with love, unlike pretty much every other Shadowrun game thus far (with the possible exception of the Genesis one).

Sometimes love is all you need.

Kunt 4 Life
July 20th, 2013, 9:50 AM
Shadowrun for the SNES was the absoulty amazing and i loved it to bits. Does this new shadownrun have any connection to it?

The_Mike
July 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Haven't seen any reviews yet, but the buzz has been really good. It's an independent Kickstarter game, so it's been made with love, unlike pretty much every other Shadowrun game thus far (with the possible exception of the Genesis one).

Sometimes love is all you need.

Knowing some Shadowrun players, they can be pretty hardcore so I worry that something made with their kind of love will be like scaling Everest with a ball and chain made of plutonium around your ankle. On the other hand, there is an editor included which I imagine will allow for making your own campaigns that aren't brick hard.

Shadowrun for the SNES was the absoulty amazing and i loved it to bits. Does this new shadownrun have any connection to it?

Apparently the music is inspired by/adapted from the SNES version. Don't know about any other connections.

stylepoints
July 23rd, 2013, 7:27 PM
I have an intense love affair with Shadowrun for snes. My dreams have come true. Learning about this new adaptation, best day of my life.

The_Mike
July 30th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Anybody tried it yet?

Alf
July 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I might dive in if the opinion is positive.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Same here. I'm having trouble getting a feel for how the game plays from the trailers.

Bert
July 30th, 2013, 5:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC28ZjDJcaM

Grimario
July 30th, 2013, 8:04 PM
So, it's pretty good from what I've played.

Really only done the tutorial and the start of the first story bit but it feels very Fallout 1/2 which for me is a fantastic thing.

stylepoints
August 8th, 2013, 6:02 PM
I love the game. If you're not familiar with Shadowrun then you might not like it so much. The game is fun, but that's because I'm a fan. If you liked everything Shadowrun excluding the 360/Windows shooter, or the Interplay Fallout games, you'll probably really enjoy this. If not, all the charm will most likelyy be lost on you and you're left with an average at best game.