PDA

View Full Version : If TNA goes bust/bought out who would/should WWE sign?

chatty
July 19th, 2013, 2:51 PM
TNA looks like its nearing its death with many releases, dropping of PPVs and more importantly the show declining into pretty much complete crap. If it does go, I would imagine most people there would want to jump ship to the WWE, theres a few who would likely get some sort of contract but most of them are gonna have to go back to the indies or abroad, who do you think the WWE should sign and how realistic would it be for them to get signed? How would you bring them in?

For me the ones with the best prospects would be the ones that are already known to the audience or have big marketing potential:

Sting - I think the best plan at this stage would be a one of match with a HOF inclusion/DVD release etc. Mania time would be best but I'm not sure how it would be best to go about it. A few years ago people would have clamoured for Taker but now it means an definite loss (even more predictably so that it would have been before) and there are bigger and better matches out there for Taker (who looks like there isn't much time left for too).

Hogan - he'll always draw well but he's best of on sporadic appearances. Not much for them to do with him as he can't do much in the ring anymore but I could see them doing a Cena/Hogan match just for the hell of it. I wouldn't mind seeing Punk go on a tangent at him either.

Angle - he could come back on a part time basis and have plenty of legend v legend matches or even work alongside some of the youngsters. I don't think he'll have an Indian Summer like Michaels because he looks to battered but theres still some big angles (no pun) out there for him - I think WWE would love to have him back in some part as well.

Hardy - he's marketable and I think they would have him back but probably as an upper mid-card palyer, i'm not sure if he would be trusted to work near the top of the card again but he could still do well and have some good feuds/matches.

Dudley's - I think they could really help rejuvinate the tag division - a final run would likely work well for both parties.

Others who could be signed and offer something but have never worked there as a full timer before would have to start over really. I'd like to see a Radicalz like faction of guys crossing over looking to earn a contract - probably Roode/Aries/Magnus/AJ/Storm - they would all be mid-carders of course but it could lead to an interesting story and I think a couple could have a long term career there if handled right (Roode/Aries and possibly Magnus).

Others who I like but I think would find it hard to get a contract would be Samoa Joe, Daniels and Kazarian. I think Gail Kim, Mickey James and Tara (whose already gone) could help the flagging divas division and prop up what is pretty much currently AJ and Kaitlyn.

Sabin could come in as well but I think he'd be well down the card - if WWE pulled the trigger on bringing a cruiserweight title back then theres a few who would have a better chance of coming over.

i have little to no hope for anyone else.

JT4104
July 19th, 2013, 4:24 PM
I might be the only guy...but I feel like Roode could be a big time player in WWE if he ended up there. Feel like he is more than good enough on the mic, is solid in the ring and could be a guy fans rally behind and boo out of the building.

I think Aries would be in an interesting spot, to me he is kinda like Punk in his attitude so I'm not sure how well he would fit and what role he could play.

Samoa Joe, I think is a guy who's time passed for WWE stardom about 5 or 6 yrs ago.

The old vets would be fun and a few of the younger guys could help a LHW division if Triple H so desired to have it again.

lotjx
July 19th, 2013, 4:30 PM
None. Besides Kurt and Sting, WWE has no idea on what these are about. All of them will be sent developmental while fat meat heads will go ahead of them. Wrestling fans should pray for TNA to stay afloat or we are dealing with Invasion 2.0 but worse. If anyone of them shows up its off to joberville or another sacrifice to the God Cena.

Jacknife
July 19th, 2013, 4:32 PM
TNA doesn't seem to have any idea what they are about either...

Hero!
July 19th, 2013, 4:33 PM
Aries, Roode, and Storm would make from great next-gen guys. I'd love to see Zema Ion in WWE if TNA goes under by the time he's all better. I'd say bring the Dudleyz back, but the WWE Universe would only want them as a tag team and unless they'd be willing to come and do nothing, but put people over...I don't see it happening. I'd like to see Jeff back just so Punk could knock his teeth out. Oddly enough one guy I'd love in WWE is Abyss. I'm not even sure why, I'm just a bit of an Abyss mark.

obviously I'd want Joe, Daniels, and AJ around if they didn't just come over to be jobbers. Maybe Kaz too. Maybe.

Cewsh
July 19th, 2013, 4:35 PM
I've said it before, but Bobby Roode and Magnus are just giant walking dollar signs in a WWE environment.

I know that a lot of people have said that they would bring back all the legends like Team 3D and Sting, but I'm not sure that I would if it were my decision. Guys like that aren't going to want to go on the road full time, and for most of them that's exactly why they wound up in TNA to begin with, and some of them aren't great fits for WWE right now.

Team 3D - Bully Ray is really turning in his career defining performance as a heel in TNA, but he makes his money by being an edgy and brash heel, and I think he would chafe under the content restrictions of the current WWE. I also don't think that he would gel with the in ring style of today either. He's really well suited to be where he is. Devon seems to be closer to the end of his career, and without Bully, I don't think he's hugely appealing to WWE. And as a team, they'd be wasted, because there's no division for them to put over.

Sting - I think there are 2 or 3 matches that might merit bringing him in for, but it's a very, very short term proposition.

Kurt Angle - He is exactly who you want to bring in on a part time deal. He is still capable of incredible work, especially when given a chance to rest in between matches. Signing him is a no brainer.

AJ Styles - He'll never be more than a midcarder for WWE, but true babyface midcarders are priceless for WWE. PRICELESS.

Samoa Joe - If his attitude and conditioning got to a better place, then he'd be a great addition, and they could do some incredible things with him. But at this point in his career I'm not sure either will.

Jeff Hardy - I wouldn't be able to blame WWE either way. The idea of getting an immediately over top card babyface who has easily 5 years of top level in ring work left in him is beyond tempting. But they know that he's a time bomb. I can't say which way I'd go with it.

Hulk Hogan - On reunion shows and the like in small appearances? Absolutely. But that's it. And in the financial state he's in, I'm sure he'd try to start his own promotion with some kind of financial backer.

Gail Kim - Yes, even with the miserable way she left last time.

Mickie James - No.

Chris Sabin - Nope. Without Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin is Evan Bourne without the good looks. That sounds harsh, but WWE has the most incredible roster in the world, and competition is fierce. Sabin wouldn't stand out enough.

Christopher Daniels - At his age, I don't think they would. I know all the reasons why they SHOULD, but I don't think they would. I suspect they would eagerly offer him a trainer/agent job though.

Kazarian - He burnt his bridge on the way out before, but unlike Gail Kim he doesn't fit into a niche that they need people to fill. Kazarian is good, but he's replaceable, and unless there's something special about you, you really aren't making the roster.

James Storm - Nope. Great tag wrestler, great Southern style, improving on promos. All irrelevant. He's a square cog in a round hole in WWE.

Kenny King - Absolutely. He'd be lighting up NXT.

Ken Anderson - I think he has more value than people give him credit for, but he'll never work for WWE again.

Austin Aries - I don't know. Talentwise, yes. But the probablility of him pissing people off is extremely high, and he's not a Punk level talent to get away with it.

Abyss - Nope. Has never wrestled a compelling non-gimmick match against anyone not named AJ Styles.

Hernandez - I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a look, but he's way older than people think he is. I don't think they're bringing in anyone over 38 who would have to start from scratch.

Hero!
July 19th, 2013, 4:35 PM
Oh and Angle just to see a modern Brock/Angle match and Angle/Bryan. Sting I'd love just for Sting/Taker and Sting/Punk.

Atty
July 19th, 2013, 4:46 PM
Angle would be so brilliant back in the WWE on the HHH/Taker/Jericho/Brock/Rock schedule. I presume that he'd love that type of deal and he could work BIG matches every few months. Better for his wellness, too.

Cewsh
July 19th, 2013, 4:48 PM
I would just love for Kurt Angle to be the guy WWE brings out when there's a really big threat, like how they use Triple H right now. Let Triple H become the new Vince, and then when someone like Brock or The Shield or The Wyatt Family or whoever invade the company, in comes Angle to defend the company and AMERICA.

darkhorse
July 19th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Clearly Sting and Angle are the obvious top 2. Other than those two, I would bring in Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries, maybe even Eric Young.

As far as the Dudleys go, it would depend on just how committed the WWE is to its tag division by the time TNA folds. I really don't know how well a Bubba Ray solo run would work in the WWE.

I really haven't seen much of the Joseph Park gimmick, but in today's climate the WWE probably wouldn't go for the Abyss gimmick.

I could go either way on Jeff Hardy. Personally I'm not a fan of his, but he would most likely still draw.

Morgan recently got his release, but I think he'd do better in a second run with the WWE.

Anyone else I'm either not really that familiar with or not sold on, and truth be told there's not a whole lot of room for midcard WWE castoffs like Kennedy and Chavo to return. I think some of the younger guys would do well, though, and some of them would fit in with one of the key things WWE is doing correctly right now, which is building newer talent.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 19th, 2013, 5:09 PM
Only chance most of them have IMO is if WWE finally committed to a tag team division (Bully/Devon, Sabin/Shelley)

Sting, Hardy & Angle can probably get part time deals. A Double, Magnus, Roode have potential as possible singles guys.

JMO WWE won't think a lot of James Stormm Joe and AJ Styles & they'll have to go elsewhere to continue their careers.

There are a lot of TNA 'stars' that have age working against them.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 19th, 2013, 6:01 PM
My first thought when it came to Angle was: Given how much WWE has tightened up on health recently (Bryan's stoppage and Ziggler's concussion precautions as recent examples), would he pass whatever health routine they have in place now? He tore it up in TBA, but going back, I'd assume he'd have to pass one hell of a medical, especially when they take into account his medical history.

I WANT to see it: put him in against Punk or Bryan, magic. I just have a niggling doubt.

Hogan - been there, done that. Not for me, but a Mania one shot doesn't suprise me.

I could see Crimson popping up in NXT, purely on having their "preferred look".

Morgan, I would like. Could easily fit in against a Big E, or smashing Ziggler around the ring while he sells the crap out of it.

If The Dudleys came back: Call him Bubba if you have to, but keep him BULLY.
That's too awesome to replace.

I agree with the sentiments made above (apologies, on phone) regarding Daniels coming in as a trainer wholeheartedly.

Sting will most likely end up happening, and doing ok.

AJ Styles would do well, but never get above the Kofi level. Still, you don't hear Kofi complaining, now.

Atty
July 19th, 2013, 6:11 PM
I would just love for Kurt Angle to be the guy WWE brings out when there's a really big threat, like how they use Triple H right now. Let Triple H become the new Vince, and then when someone like Brock or The Shield or The Wyatt Family or whoever invade the company, in comes Angle to defend the company and AMERICA.

Oh fuckkkkkkkkkk....

HOGAN AND ANGLE VS. THE REAL AMERICANS!

:panic:

chatty
July 19th, 2013, 7:00 PM
I hope Angle does come back,theres so many good feuds for him to have. Even if he can muster up a Brock like three feud/match a year schedule. I wanna see Angle v Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, another go round with Brock, hell I can't remember him having a real feud with Cena (only remember him being Cenas first match on the main roster), Some good stuff there.

Hogan could only really be used in sentimental way. Somebody lets there mouth go, Hogans music hits, he does his routine (a few punches, off the ropes, leg drop, play to the crowd. If you wanna push the barrel then he can get beat on a bit and hulk up as well. I could see them doing him v Cena in some form of super match or even have him tag with Cena against heels of the month. he aint doing much, there's no prominent role for him to fulfill, they got the best out of him at WM18 and possibly 19 v Vince. After that his runs were pretty damn poor and its a further ten year on now.

Hardy - fuck knows, as Cewsh said there's good reasons to bring him back but he is a ticking time bomb and he has blew up before (more than one occasion), he may not be trusted for a real run at it again.

I do rate Roode though, i really think he has it all and fits WWE, he is big, capable of very good matches, can do solo or multi-man, can play heel or facem has a good look, capable on the mic. He'd have to start over of course and work his way up but I think it would be great to bring four or five of the prominent names in together. I think Roode as the main man, AJ as he is the best associated with the brand, Storm because he can go in the ring, Aries as he's brilliant on the mic and has that little bad man syndrome that would work well in a faction and Magnus as the young gun. I think for Aries, Storm and AJ they might end up being used to get Roode and Magnus over but hell, at least they would get a chance to prove themselves and would get a couple of years work.

Have them start as heels and be after jobs (seen as though WWE ran them out of town), make heel GM/authority figure give them contracts if they can cause havoc on whichever faces suit (pretty much re-hash the Radicalz) but drag it out a bit more. They can ultimately split them and have them move into which direction they want them. I suspect it would be Roode getting the initial push with an US/IC run, AJ becoming a kofi like character - not much going on but in solid mid card matches. Storm and Magnus would probably make for a tag team whilst they bled Magnus in and see how they do. Aries i could not predict.

I'd love a cruiser division in WWE now though, the time is so right for it and it would be great. They need people who can go in long matches to help fill up all there TV time, well how about let them go - Mysterio, Cara, Bourne, Neville, Graves, Kofi, Maddox, Primo, Epico, Kidd, Gabriel, Aries, Ion, Sabin, Kenny king - that would be a pretty brilliant cruiser scene and hell when they need the stars to look good they can beat these guys instead of each other and look brilliant without killing any momentum these guys have.

JT4104
July 19th, 2013, 7:25 PM
Good point on Magnus...I completely forget about him. He has improved tremendously since his initial debut in TNA. Maybe he could be what they so desperately want Barrett to be for them over in the UK.

chatty
July 19th, 2013, 7:37 PM
They already have four Brits on the books, could have an all Brit faction in Wade Barrett, Magnus, Adrien Neville, Danny Birch and Oliver Grey.

Funboy
July 19th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Roode and Aries are amazing, and prob the two best talents in TNA now.
Hardy, Angle and Hogan by virtue of having a former relationship with WWE are always possibilities.
Sting will always get a dvd/hof deal; but surely he's running out of time for a proper run in the E.
I'd love 3d and MCMG in the tag division.
Joe, Styles and Daniels/Kaz from a fe3w years ago I'd love in WWE but I think their time has passed.

TNA is pretty shit at the moment. WWE/NXT needs noone of them to be successful.

Fuck Hogan/Bischoff.

takerson
July 20th, 2013, 2:05 AM
Oh fuckkkkkkkkkk....

HOGAN AND ANGLE VS. THE REAL AMERICANS!

:panic:

Don't get me started on Claudio/Angle in the same ring. I'm liable to drop dead right here and now.

maxxmisery
July 20th, 2013, 2:19 AM
Would be strange to see AJ Styles in WWE, surely they would change his name right? Couldn't imagine him being named anything else

Newf
July 20th, 2013, 2:34 AM

Only if he could keep that sick "Lunatic Fringe" theme he first came to TNA with. Not the rap-rock version he's got now, but the very 1st version. And yeah, like you said, if he was this special attraction ice cold killer.

Someone above mentioned a Radicalz type faction making a jump. I've always said it would've been cool if Fortune came in as a unit. With Flair back on terms with WWE, and if TNA did get bought out, that could be a cool way of introducing them, by him saying he came across a couple guys "during my time away". Aces & 8s could be interesting under the WWE banner, too. But that's all day-dreaming at this point.

Honestly, MOST of the roster COULD be interesting under the right circumstances... whether it be a one-off dream match, doing the same thing they're doing now but under the WWE banner, or playing a role that no one's ever thought of them in...

I don't know why it came to mind, and it could work out completely horribly... but say the Shield continues on the path they're on. You get Ric Flair involved and he brings in Fortune to combat them. Finally the Shield actually are outnumbered and it catches up to them and they finally drop the titles to some combination of the members of Fortune. Shield retreats and regroups and goes their sort of "renegade" roots and brings in Aces & 8s to combat Fortune, with Aces as this crude street gang being overseen and supposedly paid off by this sort of Blackwater-type operation in the Shield... but then it's revealed that the plan is for Aces & 8s to turn the belts back over to the Shield and they refuse... it could either turn the Shield face for the first time, or you have Aces & 8s turn face in the process depending on how the crowd reacts. It could make for a decent 6 months or longer with Aces coming in around halfway and then perhaps some interesting triple-threat tags with members of Fortune and have other members squaring off for the US title. It could be, if they wanted, the perfect time to add members to the Shield if they wanted. I always said there was no need to add members before when the topic came up, but this is one time it might make sense.

JP
July 20th, 2013, 2:40 AM
Out of the entire TNA roster Samoa Joe is the most likely to be a success in WWE.

I still think it will happen too.

mr sabu
July 20th, 2013, 2:56 AM
fuck tna lets bring CHIKARA! back

StoneColdWWE316
July 21st, 2013, 12:51 AM
Mine would be Sting & Kurt Angle being the obvious two. Sting could get his HOF/DVD that he rightfully deserves and the same with Angle as well. I would like to see Jeff Hardy back along with Roode,Storm,Mickie James,Dudleyz,AJ Styles,and maybe Samoa Joe being signed. Hogan I can take or leave at this point as he should only be used for Reunion or Old School nights.