PDA

View Full Version : James Wan

Jacknife
July 18th, 2013, 10:40 PM
My current favorite director. I haven't seen a bad film he's made.

Saw, Dead Silence, Death Sentence, Insidious, The Conjuring. Loved all. Looking forward to Insidious Chapter 2. Hope that does well.

His streak of awesome movies may end with Fast And Furious 7, but I haven't seen the other six so what do I know.

Bert
July 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Insidious is my least favorite movie ever made. Absolutely terrible. Not even slightly scary.

Not showing something or showing brief glimpses of a creature/monster is a better thing to do when making a horror movie then having Darth Maul on screen for half of it.

I haven't seen The Conjuring but I liked the rest of them.

I'm a huge Saw fan, it's why I went to see them all. Most people say either 1 was the only good one or 1 and 2 were the only good ones but I actually liked 3 and don't think it gets enough credit.

4-7 were terrible (but not worse than Insidious) though.

mth
July 19th, 2013, 1:10 AM
Insidious was a sack of crap.

MikeHunt
July 19th, 2013, 2:42 AM
My current favorite director. I haven't seen a bad film he's made.

Saw, Dead Silence, Death Sentence, Insidious, The Conjuring. Loved all. Looking forward to Insidious Chapter 2. Hope that does well.

His streak of awesome movies may end with Fast And Furious 7, but I haven't seen the other six so what do I know.

Fast 5 and 6 are two of the best film that have come out in their respective years. I doubt this is going to change with 7 regardless of director.

son_of_foley
July 19th, 2013, 4:24 AM
Fast 5 and 6 have been a hell of a lot of fun.

MikeHunt
July 19th, 2013, 4:36 AM
stupid film + stupid story lines + stupid dialog + the rock = awesome

Jacknife
July 19th, 2013, 8:19 AM
You guys really hated Insidious? I saw it in the theaters and thought it to quite scary and creepy. I admit watching it on blu ray wasn't as good.

mth
July 19th, 2013, 9:45 AM
It had a few decent creepy bits in the first half and then nosedived into shit town.