PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Shoot Interviews

The Law
July 17th, 2013, 1:39 PM
Am I the only one who is absolutely addicted to shoot interviews? I swear I'll watch basically anyone. In fact, some of the most interesting interviews I've seen were with guys who weren't big stars.

The current gold standard for shoot interviews is clearly Kayfabe Commentaries. Their shoots are always great, but my favorites are definitely the "Timeline" ones. I've only seen 1997 (with Jim Cornette), 1995 (with Kevin Nash), and 1999 (with Val Venis) in full, but the clips of the others I've seen also look great. WCW 1996 with Kevin Sullivan looks awesome.

I'd say my Mount Rushmore for shoot interviews is: Jim Cornette, Kevin Nash, Bret Hart, Sean Waltman. I think pretty much everyone understands Cornette's brilliance. Even if you disagree with a lot of what he says, the guy is just incredibly entertaining. Nash's interviews show why he was such a big star even with his limited wrestling ability: the guy just gets wrestling. Bret's not the most charismatic guy, but his knowledge of the wrestling business and grasp of psychology are phenomenal. And Waltman is a combination of having a lot of crazy stories and a good grasp of wrestling.

Some guys who were surprisingly entertaining, most because they were huge dicks: Mike Graham (claims he could have kicked Chris Benoit's ass when he was 50 and Benoit was like 30), Honky Tonk Man (just a bitter old fuck), and Hardcore Holly (seems like a legitimate tough guy, but probably not as tough as he acts).

Who would you want to see a shoot from? I'd say the biggest one is obviously Vince McMahon. The limited media appearances he's done (with Bob Costas, the Playboy Magazine interview) were pretty fascinating. Too bad he doesn't need to money. I really hope he writes a book before he dies.

Who are your favorite guys to see interviewed? What are your favorite interviews? What do you like/not like to see in shoots?

Hero!
July 17th, 2013, 1:41 PM
I used to be really into these when RF Video was releasing them, especially when guys like Punk and joe would explain all stuff that went into putting their matches together. For now, I listen to a lot of Art of Wrestling, which isn't straight "shoots", but it's pretty damn great for learning a lot about the behind the scena stuff and getting a real vibe for who some of these cats are.

Cewsh
July 17th, 2013, 2:01 PM
They should make kids listen to 2 Cold Scorpio's shoot interview in school.

The Law
July 23rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
Steve Austin's podcast has proven to be really great. I'm listening to the Kurt Angle one right now and there's some good stuff in here. Kurt just talked about the cage match against Benoit from Raw 2001, acknowledging that it was idiotic for them to be taking those kinds of bumps in a TV match. I've always thought that match was one of the dumber things I've ever seen. Moonsault off the cage, Diving Headbutt off the cage, multiple Suplexes off the cage. Just fucking idiotic for them to be doing that kind of stuff in a match that was given away for free. That was a few weeks after they did the TLC match on Smackdown. WWE's ratings were really sinking at that point, and I feel like they were just giving stuff away and pushing guys to do crazy shit to try to stop the bleeding.

Hero!
July 29th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Man, Austin's podcast is the fucking tits. This makes me miss his presence on my TV so much, but man do I love listening to Steve curse like a motherfucker.

RuneEdge
July 29th, 2013, 6:24 PM
The RF Video releases with Punk, Cabana, Joe, etc were great. Its cool seeing Punk interviewed back then and oozing the same confidence and charisma on the mic that you still see today.

Iron Sheik ones are great for the lulz.

Ones that I'd like to hear from today's guys are probably Ziggler and Orton. Orton seems like he might have some stories to tell.

Henry did a good one recently on Peter Rosenberg's radio show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7byiiAk7oA

MMH
July 29th, 2013, 6:25 PM
I watched a Leilani Kai RF shoot a few weeks ago and it was tremendous. She was very laid back, would spill too much dirt on anyone but gave enough to know who she liked and didnt etc, then all of a sudden Vince Russos name gets mentioned and she goes on a massive foul mouthed tirade out of nowhere. It was brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSB3Vtd1eh8

I find the best interviews are the guys you wouldnt really think of. Paul Diamond did a good RF one, as did Jim Powers. I actually found Jim Duggan to be very entertaining too as was Paul Orndorff and One Man Gang.

Sensational Sherris and Bobby Heenans along with the usuals like Cornette and Honky Tonk Man or the best ones I reckon but as long as a guy isnt being too much of a prick or conversely saying nothing (ala Virgil, what a let down that one was) I find them all to be entertaining.

Oh Bryan Clarkes is great too.

Cewsh
July 29th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Orton does great radio interviews. Completely candid.

Lance Storm is another guy who does great shoot interviews. I also came away from Billy Gunn's with way, way more respect for him. The one with Gunn and Road Dogg is awful, though. Just obvious WWE trolling.

MMH
July 29th, 2013, 6:27 PM
I absolutely hate the Iron Sheik ones I find them so disrespectful to him. Ok the guy is a nutcase and plays along somewhat but there are points in the interviews where they are basically just prodding him into doing something zany and controversial.

RuneEdge
July 29th, 2013, 7:30 PM
To be fair though, he doesnt help himself, does he? Even if he's on live TV and given a script to follow, he'll some how end it with him telling us how Hogan is a "no good piece of shit" and how he'll "fuck him in the ass and make him humble".
And I'm pretty sure he still thinks he's an Olympic Gold medallist.

Hero!
August 21st, 2013, 3:28 PM
Samoa Joe on Austin's podcast this week. Fucking wonderful!

Hero!
September 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mugPyUWVcT4

Great fucking shoot. Interviewer never asks a question and these two just talk for two hours straight. Axl Rotten is one cool motherfucker, i tell ya what.

Defrost
September 24th, 2013, 1:23 AM
I love how most shoot interviews these days invariably have some fucked up story where the punchline is in hindsight someone should have noticed how batshit crazy Chris Benoit was.

Kimura Kid
November 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Fuck I just found the HOLY GRAIL of Shoot interviews:

Dailymotion User okaroscik

Check out his playlist....its breathtaking. lol

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/okaroscik/1

He's got every Timeline shoot......and even saw some ECW Timelines.

Kimura Kid
November 9th, 2013, 8:13 PM
Just finished watching Both of the NOA shoots

Super crazy the difference in 6 years.

Really happy to see those guys cleaned up their act.....I enjoyed both of them and recommend them to all of you

MichaelC
November 10th, 2013, 3:46 PM
The Godfather's shoot was great, as he came across as a cool guy who gets on with everything (except Johnny Ace), enjoyed his time, and is content with life. Not quite sex, drugs and rock n roll, but nice to know someone came out of the WWE well adjusted!

The Steve Austin show is great, I didn't even like Austin that much when he was wrestling, but he's so damn entertaining on the mic. Theres a bizarre audio he did with him vs a Fly, which is much recommended. And the interviews are quite good too.

Jim Cornette, on the other hand, while massively entertaining, is a man who I wouldn't be surprised hearing had a fatal heart attack before he turned 60. That man's blood pressure can't be great!

The Law
November 20th, 2013, 2:32 AM
Fuck I just found the HOLY GRAIL of Shoot interviews:

Dailymotion User okaroscik

Check out his playlist....its breathtaking. lol

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/okaroscik/1

He's got every Timeline shoot......and even saw some ECW Timelines.

Good things don't last. He took them all down. I did manage to catch Russo's WCW 2000 shoot the other day. That was pretty excellent. Russo is a favorite shoot interview of mine. A lot of what he says is total bullshit, but I appreciate his perspective. I wish they could pony up the money to get him and Cornette on the same video together. Maybe lock them both in cages so they didn't kill each other.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
November 20th, 2013, 5:16 AM
He had to take them down in the past week. Was being threatened legal action for posting those RF Videos w/o their permission.

Had some good stuff. Think I got through all the ones I hadn't seen.

The Law
November 20th, 2013, 9:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDp0O_FwA9g

Best of Honky Tonk Man. Love the guy so much more now that I've seen his shoots.

Hero!
November 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
If you havent listened to CM Punk on WTF Podcats this week, do so. it is quite interesting.

The Rick
December 14th, 2013, 3:54 PM
Pieces from the Kayfabe Commentary interview with Kevin Nash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTZtU1Lo3c4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm79P7qZO6o

oh sorry shoot.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
December 19th, 2013, 9:36 AM
Really enjoying Austin's and Cornette's podcasts :thumbsup: Part 1 of Cornette on Austin's podcast is up now.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate listening to Jim Ross. He's been on various podcasts, but I can't stand listening to the guy anymore than 5-10 minutes. I enjoyed listening to Ross commentating in his heyday, but I find him brutally boring anymore.

The Law
December 21st, 2013, 10:46 PM
To make sure everyone is aware, Jim Cornette now has his own podcast over at MLW Radio. He's done six of them so far along with a few mailbags. For a Cornette Crazy like me, this is a great development. I wish he watched more current wrestling because I'd like to hear his take on it, but his stories from the old days on the road are more than worth it. I also find his political commentaries entertaining, but that's probably mostly because I agree with his political views.

He had Jim Ross on for a three part podcast that was pretty terrific. Just two old bulls reminiscing about the good times from back in the day. It's pretty remarkable that both of them worked on the national stage in WWE and WCW for years, but all they wanted to talk about was their time in Mid-South Wrestling. And the pattern seems to hold for all the guys from that period, they all seem to have enjoyed themselves back in the territories more than at the national level. JR is still a little guarded because he doesn't want to burn his bridges with WWE, but he does make some veiled criticisms of the current product and its direction. He really shit on the "Bad News Barrett" gimmick, which was great.

Anyway, I'd encourage everyone to give those a listen. And check out Cornette on Austin's podcast, because that's a lot of fun too.

Kimura Kid
December 30th, 2013, 2:45 PM
To make sure everyone is aware, Jim Cornette now has his own podcast over at MLW Radio. He's done six of them so far along with a few mailbags. For a Cornette Crazy like me, this is a great development. I wish he watched more current wrestling because I'd like to hear his take on it, but his stories from the old days on the road are more than worth it. I also find his political commentaries entertaining, but that's probably mostly because I agree with his political views.

He had Jim Ross on for a three part podcast that was pretty terrific. Just two old bulls reminiscing about the good times from back in the day. It's pretty remarkable that both of them worked on the national stage in WWE and WCW for years, but all they wanted to talk about was their time in Mid-South Wrestling. And the pattern seems to hold for all the guys from that period, they all seem to have enjoyed themselves back in the territories more than at the national level. JR is still a little guarded because he doesn't want to burn his bridges with WWE, but he does make some veiled criticisms of the current product and its direction. He really shit on the "Bad News Barrett" gimmick, which was great.

Anyway, I'd encourage everyone to give those a listen. And check out Cornette on Austin's podcast, because that's a lot of fun too.

Thank You!!

Good things don't last. He took them all down. I did manage to catch Russo's WCW 2000 shoot the other day. That was pretty excellent. Russo is a favorite shoot interview of mine. A lot of what he says is total bullshit, but I appreciate his perspective. I wish they could pony up the money to get him and Cornette on the same video together. Maybe lock them both in cages so they didn't kill each other.

Yeah they started getting taken down shortly after I posted the link. Sucks butI caught some good ones.

Kimura Kid
December 30th, 2013, 3:04 PM
Really enjoying Austin's and Cornette's podcasts :thumbsup: Part 1 of Cornette on Austin's podcast is up now.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate listening to Jim Ross. He's been on various podcasts, but I can't stand listening to the guy anymore than 5-10 minutes. I enjoyed listening to Ross commentating in his heyday, but I find him brutally boring anymore.

Part 2 is out now!!

Nash Diesel
December 30th, 2013, 3:18 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a toss up between Nash and Cornette as to who gives the best shoot interviews of all time. Cornette goes off on these tangents that sometimes have zero to do with the subject and Nash comes across as the coolest guy to ever walk the Earth. He has this very "why so serious?" outlook on other wrestlers and rumors about him started by his peers.

The Law
December 30th, 2013, 3:26 PM
Jim Cornette goodness:

"To this day I have a DVD on my shelf entitled 'Linda Miles's Shitty Match.' We never saw her again after that."

"He couldn't draw money if you doused him in tar and dragged him through Fort Knox."

On Johnny Ace: "His own mother slapped the stork that delivered him."

On Vince Russo: "It was like Donald Pleasance with Michael Myers in Halloween. 'I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up.'"

His story about threatening to shoot Brock Lesnar because of something Lesnar did to Cornette's wife was also pretty funny. "Brock had to learn that if he fucked with the wrong guy he was going to get shot. No one was going to fight him, but somebody might shoot him."

Nash Diesel
December 30th, 2013, 3:44 PM
I wish I had the link but one of my favorite Kevin Nash shoots was one where he ate like a gigantic plate of pasta during the entire 30-45 minute interview and he talks about how he has the check stubs to prove he wasn't booking when he beat Goldberg.

JC is gold, his rant on Joey Styles and Republicans was hilarious. He's so over the top, shit all you have to do is dust off some old Raws and the venom he sprays at WCW during those segments, talking about the only Sean Waltman was friends with the Klik is because they liked watching him puke all over himself when he'd get wasted, hilarious!

The Law
January 15th, 2014, 10:07 PM
This is a good problem to have, but there are getting to be too many good podcasts for me to keep up with. We have Austin, Jericho, Cornette, Art of Wrestling, and now JR is starting his own. Just today we had Piper on Austin's show and Part 2 of Bret with Jericho. Cornette did one yesterday that included one of the best Cornette stories ever: the time he tried to kill a rival wrestling promoter who fucked with him and his girlfriend one too many times. Piper's interview was interesting, I'm assuming it's part one because they had only barely gotten to his time with Crockett when they stopped.

JR's should be good. Guy has a ton of friends and a ton of stories to tell. Just the fact that you know he'll have Cornette and Austin on will make it worthwhile. I really hope he doesn't hold back with his thoughts on modern wrestling, because I'd love to hear him go off Cornette-style.

If I could have anyone else get a podcast, it would probably be Nash. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it either. Guy's always in the market for an extra dollar.

DaSaintFan
January 16th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I just saw a good one a couple of days ago with Dutch Mantell from I guess a couple of years ago (I think it was Kayfabe).. he RIPS into Vince Russo over Russo's booking. He even admitted some of their booking was "Whoever (he and Vince) proposed an idea first to Jarrett, didnt' matter if it was good or not".

Kimura Kid
January 16th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Just started watching the History of WCW 2000 with Russo.

Also Bookmarked Cornette's podcast......can't wait to sink my teeth in to that.

Had no idea JR was doing a podcast. Appreciate the heads up.

Also excited to watch breaking Kayfabe with Cornette that was just released!

OD50
January 16th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I get a headache just thinking about Russo + WCW + 2000. :freak:

Kimura Kid
January 16th, 2014, 1:47 PM
Guys I've found a link to the BRAND NEW Jim Cornette Breaking Kayfabe DVD!!!

Anyone interested shoot me a pm

Nash Diesel
January 16th, 2014, 2:16 PM
It might be what you're talking about KK but I just watched a bit with Russo talking about Bash at the Beach 2000 and the Hogan-Jarrett-Booker T situation. Part of me thinks Russo meant well, that whether it was the WWF, WCW, TNA, he wanted to be able to show that it wasn't Vince McMahon and that he could be Vince McMahon when it came to booking and having the final say. He didn't have that in the WWF, remember that shitty Batman movie with Bane and Poison Ivy, Vince McMaon was Russo's Ivy. If you just push the button and let Bane go, he'll destroy everything, but if you can control him and know when to turn it off, he can be a wonderful asset. Russo was a great asset to the WWF, I'm not even sure why he left other than maybe money and felt he accomplished all he could. I just wonder what Russo's career in wrestling would be like had he never left and what pro wrestling would be like if he was still in the WWF/E to this day, how different the product would be.

People can dislike Russo for a lot of shit (listen to Roddy Piper blame Russo for the death of Owen Hart, fucking nuts!) but there are giant names in the industry that have gone to bat for him for the good he did. Again, had he not left for WCW, who knows what this guy could've helped WWE accomplish and how different the industry would be.

Kimura Kid
January 16th, 2014, 2:31 PM
It might be what you're talking about KK but I just watched a bit with Russo talking about Bash at the Beach 2000 and the Hogan-Jarrett-Booker T situation. Part of me thinks Russo meant well, that whether it was the WWF, WCW, TNA, he wanted to be able to show that it wasn't Vince McMahon and that he could be Vince McMahon when it came to booking and having the final say. He didn't have that in the WWF, remember that shitty Batman movie with Bane and Poison Ivy, Vince McMaon was Russo's Ivy. If you just push the button and let Bane go, he'll destroy everything, but if you can control him and know when to turn it off, he can be a wonderful asset. Russo was a great asset to the WWF, I'm not even sure why he left other than maybe money and felt he accomplished all he could. I just wonder what Russo's career in wrestling would be like had he never left and what pro wrestling would be like if he was still in the WWF/E to this day, how different the product would be.

People can dislike Russo for a lot of shit (listen to Roddy Piper blame Russo for the death of Owen Hart, fucking nuts!) but there are giant names in the industry that have gone to bat for him for the good he did. Again, had he not left for WCW, who knows what this guy could've helped WWE accomplish and how different the industry would be.

I've wathed that clip of Bash, I believe it's in the Timeline of WCW 200 shoot. I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'll Pm ya the 2000 Shoot as well as the new JC Shoot.

Kimura Kid
January 16th, 2014, 9:09 PM
http://watchwrestling.tv/home/

Kimura Kid
January 16th, 2014, 9:42 PM
While I'm only about an hour in to this JC BK shoot JC is coming off like a complete bitter fuck towards the wrestling business. He seems jaded. Wrestling isn't dead and it's not just a bunch of hockey ass midgets with wacky gimmicks. But I believe that he truly feels that way. That sucks for him.

The Law
January 17th, 2014, 5:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mteXxK7Kcio

I'm on the look-out for this one. Looks pretty awesome. If Mike Graham ever had that kind of personality as a wrestler he probably would have been a world champion. Tragic what's happened to him and his family: him, his father, and his son all killed themselves. Seems like every wrestling family has had a bunch of horrible shit happen to them. No one tops the Von Erichs, though the Harts are pretty close.

The Rosk
January 17th, 2014, 6:08 PM
I'm tempted to watch the Bob Holly one after reading his book. The man doesn't give a solitary shit, and seemingly has a stiffy for Steve Blackman.

mth
January 18th, 2014, 1:14 AM
A stiffy for Steve Blackman is perfectly natural.

Kimura Kid
January 18th, 2014, 11:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mteXxK7Kcio

I'm on the look-out for this one. Looks pretty awesome. If Mike Graham ever had that kind of personality as a wrestler he probably would have been a world champion. Tragic what's happened to him and his family: him, his father, and his son all killed themselves. Seems like every wrestling family has had a bunch of horrible shit happen to them. No one tops the Von Erichs, though the Harts are pretty close.

I've heard to Avoid the Mike Graham shoot. Sean Oliver himself has said that Graham didn't understand the concept of a Guest Booker shoot and it made for an awful release.

MikeHunt
January 18th, 2014, 11:37 AM
"The von Erichs riffle association" i my pub quiz team name at the moment.

previous names include;

New Age Arsehole
Gayfabe
Big E langston

no one ever has a scooby why i am laughing so much

MichaelC
January 18th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Mike Graham, not to speak ill of the dead, was awful at these types of thing. The shoots, the WWE roundtable series, etc etc.

The Law
January 18th, 2014, 8:24 PM
Yeah, it doesn't look like any guest booking got done on that shoot. But I'd be really interested to hear his insight into his dad's booking of Florida Championship Wrestling. I've heard awesome things about Florida, but never seen much of it. Still waiting for WWE to release a DVD on it so it can get its day in the light. That story about him firing Valentine and the other guy because they were seen hanging out together when they were feuding is a fascinating look into how things used to work. And his story about fighting marks who wanted to wrestle when he was 11 is incredible. Maybe an exaggeration, but certainly interesting.

And it's always fun to listen to him trash people. His line that Jeff Jarrett "broke 10,000 guitars and never drew a dime" was so devastatingly true. I don't know that I believe him when he says that Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and Saturn's matches had people turning the channel on Nitro, and it contradicts his assertion that Benoit was great to have on the card, but not world champion material (he's basically right about that).

Cold_Hearted_Truth
January 18th, 2014, 8:49 PM
. His line that Jeff Jarrett "broke 10,000 guitars and never drew a dime" was so devastatingly true..

Agree 100%. I think Jarrett is a pretty smart business man and I didn't mind him as a performer at the IC type level. Had some decent programs here and there. Became to absolutely despise the guy (in a' change the channel' kind of way) when he jumped into HWY championship scene in WCW (carrying over to TNA). Some guys just have a ceiling & IMO unquestionably Jarrett belonged in that mid-level scene.

While I don't mind listening to him in an out of character interview nowadays, I just found his wrestling promos nauseating during late WCW days and TNA.

MMH
January 18th, 2014, 9:50 PM
I really want to see the Paul Roma shoot.

kangus
January 18th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Mike Graham, not to speak ill of the dead, was awful at these types of thing. The shoots, the WWE roundtable series, etc etc.

Yeah, you'd have to put a gun to my head to make me listen to a Mike Graham interview.

MichaelC
January 19th, 2014, 3:59 AM
Yeah, it doesn't look like any guest booking got done on that shoot. But I'd be really interested to hear his insight into his dad's booking of Florida Championship Wrestling. I've heard awesome things about Florida, but never seen much of it. Still waiting for WWE to release a DVD on it so it can get its day in the light. That story about him firing Valentine and the other guy because they were seen hanging out together when they were feuding is a fascinating look into how things used to work. And his story about fighting marks who wanted to wrestle when he was 11 is incredible. Maybe an exaggeration, but certainly interesting.

His stuff would randomly have claims like how he came up with the NWO or was responsible for bringing in (Insert Big Name Superstar) to WCW so often, it became a bit like one of Flairs interviews these days. Reality gets a bit warped.

And it's always fun to listen to him trash people. His line that Jeff Jarrett "broke 10,000 guitars and never drew a dime" was so devastatingly true. I don't know that I believe him when he says that Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, and Saturn's matches had people turning the channel on Nitro, and it contradicts his assertion that Benoit was great to have on the card, but not world champion material (he's basically right about that).

Never liked the Jarrett line - not a Jarrett fan at all, but I really dislike unprovable hyperbole.

Though Graham might have been smarting about Jack Briscos comment about he "couldn't have drawn a dime without his daddy" (paraphrased). There's that line again.

Matthew
January 19th, 2014, 10:25 AM
i feel these interviews should take place at a firing range or something.

Kimura Kid
January 23rd, 2014, 6:23 PM
http://watchwrestling.tv/index.php?s=timeline

GET AT ME SON!!!!

TIMELINE OF WWE: 1993 & 1994

TIMELINE OF WCW: 1991,1996 & 2000

Kimura Kid
January 23rd, 2014, 6:29 PM
Been dying to see the Sullivan shoot! FUCK YES!!!

The Law
January 23rd, 2014, 9:22 PM
Watched that last week. Really good interview, but the loading time was absurd. I think I literally let it sit there paused for two hours to be able to get through it all at once.

Kimura Kid
January 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm 26 minutes in and loving it thus far. No issues with the loading either.

Flashh
January 24th, 2014, 1:10 PM
We'll KK i hope you got what you wanted you ruined my reputation on this website I bet your laughing right now but you reek of envy and you'll get yours one day. Should have expected it from a Illyni

Kimura Kid
January 25th, 2014, 2:29 PM
I just finished the Sullivan shoot and I gotta say the guy gives one of the best interviews I've seen. Loved hearing him talk about HBK being offered numerous contracts with WCW and him turning them all down because performing was what was most important to him and he couldn't do that over there. Just raised the stock off my all time favorite even more. HBK is the fucking man!

OD50
January 25th, 2014, 3:12 PM
Didn't HBK try to sign with WCW after the backstage fight with Bret Hart? I vaguely remember that he wanted to but couldn't because there was a clause in his deal preventing him from wrestling anywhere but the WWF for the duration of the contract (2-3 years I believe).

Kimura Kid
February 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Anyone have a link to the Sean Waltman Timeline history of WWE 94 Shoot?

Kimura Kid
February 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
They should make kids listen to 2 Cold Scorpio's shoot interview in school.

Link?

Kimura Kid
February 6th, 2014, 4:03 PM
http://watchwrestling.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/shoot_style14-549x360.jpg

PT1: http://www.novamov.com/video/ce514b5f466ab

PT2: http://www.novamov.com/video/1e467668980a5

Kimura Kid
February 8th, 2014, 1:27 PM
http://watchwrestling.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/TW005_SITE_PAGE_copy-575x9821-357x360.png

http://www.novamov.com/video/1bed1fef51d79

Kimura Kid
February 8th, 2014, 1:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bnCgS.gif

Kimura Kid
February 13th, 2014, 11:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XixzHMJ.jpg

http://www.novamov.com/video/bfc6eb06a6e3b

Nash Diesel
February 14th, 2014, 2:02 PM
I'm watching THE SHOOTING RANGE. Check it on youtube.

One of my favorite guys to hear in these interviews is NEW JACK. Dude is comedy!

Kimura Kid
February 14th, 2014, 2:25 PM
Thanks Dude!!

Kimura Kid
February 14th, 2014, 2:40 PM
Honestly I could't get through ten minutes before deciding I couldn't continue watching it.

I prefer a more professional type interview with relevant and knowledgeable questions. These guys are just ranting and raving about the business.

Kimura Kid
February 21st, 2014, 1:43 PM
Could someone tell me if this link is dead?

I'm getting a "Access Denied" from my work.

There were a bunch of dead links before that have since been removed and I'm hoping they re added a good
link.

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/watch-kc-timeline-history-wwe-1994-sean-waltman/

http://pwtalk.net/cgi-bin/protect.cgi?File=XVVAnkon2.html

Nash Diesel
February 21st, 2014, 2:09 PM
Honestly I could't get through ten minutes before deciding I couldn't continue watching it.

I prefer a more professional type interview with relevant and knowledgeable questions. These guys are just ranting and raving about the business.

On one hand I agree, but on another, some of the best shoot interviews are just a wrestler and some guy shooting the shit about various topics. I guess it depends on the wrestler, Kevin Nash is great no matter what the setting, but then you have other guys who don't do well in interviews and it's a lot of "Uhhh yeah uhhh fuck him". if you're going to be THAT guy, at least be funny like New Jack.

Kimura Kid
February 21st, 2014, 2:10 PM
Yo Nash check those links for me my dude!

Nash Diesel
February 21st, 2014, 2:12 PM
The 2nd one didn't work, the first one wanted me to download some shit and I'm not downloading anything off some random site so i just said naw. I did see in the comments about a month ago someone said it wasn't working. I'm off to Youtube.

Kimura Kid
February 21st, 2014, 4:43 PM
lol it didn't ask you to download anything. :lol:

It asked you to like them on Google +, Share the link on FB or Tweet the link on Twitter. I always just +1 them with my google account. I don't think it has any effect at all. It's like giving them positive reputation.

Either way I understand.

MMH
March 16th, 2014, 5:35 PM
Just got done watching the Bruce Pritchard RF Video shoot. Well worth a look as he was there for a lot of important moments.

Kimura Kid
March 18th, 2014, 5:59 PM
No link MMH? :confused:

Bert
March 19th, 2014, 4:33 AM
Random videos.

http://stagevu.com/search?x=0&y=0&for=RF+video&in=Videos

MMH
March 19th, 2014, 6:39 AM
No link MMH? :confused:

I bought it....

Kimura Kid
March 20th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I bought it....

You dirty rat!

Kimura Kid
May 5th, 2014, 1:35 PM
http://watchwrestling.ch/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/safe_image.jpg

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/kc-timeline-the-history-of-wwe-1984-with-roddy-piper/

http://i.imgur.com/bnCgS.gif

Kimura Kid
May 5th, 2014, 1:40 PM
ps. I recommend the Movereel links.

Kimura Kid
May 5th, 2014, 6:02 PM
Honestly finding it hard to listen to Piper talk. He never directly answers the question and just fucking goes on some nonsensical rant. FFS!!

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
http://watchwrestling.ch/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kc-ys-icp-360x360.png

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/watch-kc-youshoot-icp/

Kimura Kid
June 2nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
http://watchwrestling.ch/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/bjjK7vB-600x360.jpg

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/watch-wrestling-road-diaries-2014-dvd/

stylepoints
June 2nd, 2014, 8:34 PM
For some reason no one has mentioned the 3-plus hour shoot with Bam Bam Bigelow. Probably the best shoot of all shoots ever. Didn't know he was such an incredibly cool guy. I had to go to work in the morning but was up at about 1 a.m. Started this video and just couldn't turn it off. That's how good it is.

Kimura Kid
June 5th, 2014, 3:39 PM
Just finished wrestling road diaries too and it was really good!

Hero!
June 14th, 2014, 5:15 PM
Long shot: Anyone have the Hayabusa shoot interview? I watched the first 20 mins on youtube and would love to finish it

G-Fresh
June 15th, 2014, 3:24 AM
For some reason no one has mentioned the 3-plus hour shoot with Bam Bam Bigelow. Probably the best shoot of all shoots ever. Didn't know he was such an incredibly cool guy. I had to go to work in the morning but was up at about 1 a.m. Started this video and just couldn't turn it off. That's how good it is.

That shit is dope. One everybody should check out.

Kimura Kid
June 20th, 2014, 2:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l1BnYa0EGw

The Law
July 4th, 2014, 7:36 PM
So I just found out today that the next History of WWE from Kayfabe Commentaries is 1992 with Bret Hart. That's going to be a must-watch. Bret's incredible ability to never forget anything will definitely come in handy.

I keep waiting for them to do WWE 1998. Russo or JR would probably be the best choices. I'd almost like to see them re-do some of them with better people. They did 1999 with Val Venis and he was neither high on the card nor in the front office, so he didn't have a ton to say. Same with Rikishi 2000 and Ivory 2001.

Also they have a WCW 1989 Cornette one coming out in January. Worth watching because Jim Cornette.

Kimura Kid
July 5th, 2014, 10:05 AM
So I just found out today that the next History of WWE from Kayfabe Commentaries is 1992 with Bret Hart. That's going to be a must-watch. Bret's incredible ability to never forget anything will definitely come in handy.

Wow!! That's fantastic news! That'll be a great shoot. KC does the best shoots in my opinion. The format is impeccable & Sean Oliver is extremely knowledgeable and always comes prepared. Love watching the "History of" shoots.

The Law
July 5th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Now that Foley is available, I'm looking forward to some shoots from him. He would be a really good choice for 1998 as well.

Kimura Kid
July 24th, 2014, 2:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOQp5aRbRk

MMH
July 27th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I got the Kaityn RF Video shoot interview this week and its good.

Some interesting stuff in how Vince saw her compared to how HHH saw her and a lot of stuff about her weight issues. The stuff about how she was basically put on TV with no training at all was quite revealing too.

Its about 2 and a half hours long and never boring.

http://youtu.be/LjZzR8PoEz4

Hero!
July 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Did you download it form somewhere, cause that ones only 10 minutes long.

MMH
July 27th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I bought it but its available on the likes of XWT.

The Rick
July 28th, 2014, 8:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0GIEIbzvic

Bert
July 28th, 2014, 8:51 PM
Did you download it form somewhere, cause that ones only 10 minutes long.

Did you really think the full thing would just be on youtube? Also it says preview.

I'm a nice guy though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w16ea_kaitlyn-shoot-interview-part-1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w16ja_kaitlyn-shoot-interview-part-2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w41hb_kaitlyn-shoot-interview-part-3
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w4517_kaitlyn-shoot-interview-part-4

(there's more shoots on that account too)

Kimura Kid
August 11th, 2014, 11:39 AM
http://watchwrestling.ch/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kc_tm_waltman.png

http://filenuke.com/pajgxlomnng8

Kimura Kid
September 5th, 2014, 11:37 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzU5WDU3NQ==/z/mcMAAOSwnDZT3C64/$_35.JPG

PM me for link

The Law
September 20th, 2014, 6:09 PM
So Kayfabe Commentaries is doing a new series called "Back to the Territories." It's hosted by Jim Cornette and he'll be interviewing major players from the territory days about their experiences. They just started shooting the first one, which is about Jim Crockett Promotions and features JJ Dillon. Really excited to see that one and future interviews in the series.

Kimura Kid
May 20th, 2015, 9:43 AM
Law this one's for you!

Pretty cool footage taken by Jimmy Garvin's video recorder. Even shows the Road Warriors getting their razor blades ready so they can "get some color" during their match. Ironically, the warriors rarely ever bled in their matches (although in this video I think Animal is getting the blade ready for Lex Lugar). This was still well in the kayfabe era. Nikita Koloff never broke character, but he was pretty much the only one.

NWA Great American Bash Tour 1987 (Behind The Scenes)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cukcn_nwa-great-american-bash-tour-1987-behind-the-scenes_sport

Kimura Kid
May 22nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
There's a new “Timeline of WCW in 1989” With Jim Cornette!

Nash Diesel
December 21st, 2020, 5:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQIDzmn9aNw&t=2451s

This is about 20 years old. Also check out pt 2 that picks up 15+ years later. I love watching shoots from the 1999-2001ish era because they are few and far between but it's when they really start amping up. You just have to search a little considering Youtube isn't as old as some of these interviews.

Going back and listening to old shoots from Konnan, Jim Cornette, Shawn Michaels, all from around that 1999-2001 era of wrestling is pretty cool. Especially when you see how things play out. Like the clip of Paul Heyman from 1995 predicting the death of WCW.