PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen

Andy
July 11th, 2013, 6:16 PM
Do we have any fans of The Boss on here?

I saw him live at Hampden a few weeks ago and it's made me appreciate him in a totally different way. I've always liked the music but seeing him live makes you realise that the man is quite simply a genius. He rocked for three and a half hours and nailed the lot.

Have a few of my favourites and regale me with tales of how brilliant Bruce Springsteen is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR_0nbEzVdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOm-uIPzqpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RoyxLF2ccA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSwjZY9wf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASyS-jUKKI

Andy
July 11th, 2013, 6:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8zBzxCwsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sab-_Sb5XI

Dave
July 12th, 2013, 7:02 PM
Absolutely amazing. I only got into him after he was mentioned as an inspiration for Arcade Fire, The Killers and Gaslight Anthem, but I'm glad I did.

I saw him at Hyde Park in 2009, and again at the Olympic Park a couple of weeks ago. Both times comfortably rank in my top 20 shows of all time, with Jungleland being a particularly amazing high point at both gigs. We also got the whole of the Born In The USA album at the Olympic Park which was also quite special.

I'm also 3/4 of the way through reading his biography, which has given me even more of an appreciation for the music and made me really want to envelope myself in his back catalogue - particularly the stuff I've not listened to all that much.

Judas Iscariot
July 12th, 2013, 7:15 PM
Grew up on Springsteen. Hated him because my parents played him constantly.

Got dragged to see him when I was fourteen with my dad and uncles when the E-Street Band reunited. Changed my life.

He's absofuckinglutely incredible and puts on a show like no one else could ever hope too.

I've seem him dozens of times since then and every single show gets me so fucking pumped.

I got pit standing room to see him play the Born To Run album front to back a few years back in Jersey and it was fucking mental. What I would give to have been able to see him back in his heyday the way my parents did. My uncle once saw him play in a church before Born To Run was even fully written. I have a bootleg. There are arrangements and lyrics on songs that got dropped and surfaced in other places years later that it's like a time capsule of him finally having to deliver that album that lives up the hype that CBS wanted from him.

Fucking love The Boss.

Andy
July 12th, 2013, 8:43 PM
I'm gutted that I'm a little late to the party on this, I'm just praying he has another tour or two in him. I absolutely loved the set list we got, especially getting Radio Nowhere, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City and Murder Incorporated via sign requests, songs he doesn't do too often. But there's such an extensive back catalogue that I feel like I need to see him again. I need to see Jungleland, Born in the USA and Lonesome Day live.

I nearly pulled out of going to the gig when my mate had to cancel but I ended up selling my spare at the last minute and going myself. Best decision I've ever made. So many moments brought a tear to my eye and I've never hugged so many random strangers before. I remember embracing people during The Rising, Land of Hope and Dreams and dancing with people during a brilliant version of Open All Night. Then the amount of people I hugged after the acoustic version of Thunder Road. Just an absolute pleasure to witness.

I'm currently making my way through some of the albums I've bought in the aftermath of that gig. Such good stuff.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2013, 9:00 PM
I love The Boss. I'm not sure how many times I've been to see him now but it's a lot. Last time was pretty much this time last year in Dublin and he was brilliant as ever. I also grew up listening to Springsteen as my dad would put on the Greatest Hits tape in the car on pretty much every longish journey or in the house at the weekend, but unlike Judas I always loved him.

virms
July 12th, 2013, 9:11 PM
Springsteen is amazing. One of the best live performers of all time.

Grew up listening to him and I ruined my uncle's entire perception of him after I explained to him Born in the USA was not a powerful pride anthem. It did result in him giving me his entire LP collection of Springsteen. Win win.

Judas Iscariot
July 12th, 2013, 9:22 PM
I'm gutted that I'm a little late to the party on this, I'm just praying he has another tour or two in him. I absolutely loved the set list we got, especially getting Radio Nowhere, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City and Murder Incorporated via sign requests, songs he doesn't do too often. But there's such an extensive back catalogue that I feel like I need to see him again. I need to see Jungleland, Born in the USA and Lonesome Day live.

I nearly pulled out of going to the gig when my mate had to cancel but I ended up selling my spare at the last minute and going myself. Best decision I've ever made. So many moments brought a tear to my eye and I've never hugged so many random strangers before. I remember embracing people during The Rising, Land of Hope and Dreams and dancing with people during a brilliant version of Open All Night. Then the amount of people I hugged after the acoustic version of Thunder Road. Just an absolute pleasure to witness.

I'm currently making my way through some of the albums I've bought in the aftermath of that gig. Such good stuff.

The sign request deal is brilliant, but those songs are pretty much every show he plays in Jersey. I finally saw him play Lost In The Flood for the first time live last year at MSG and I went fucking mental. That song is just a fucking epic explosion. A couple years back he brought back Thundercrack, which was his go-to song to get folks dancing but never made an album as he wrote Rosalita to take its place.

I also saw the Born In The USA front to back concerts twice and the Darkness On The Edge of Town one he did. Also saw Wild, Innocent and that was a dance party. So was Born In The USA (my favorite concert experience ever mainly because a ton of us went, tailgated all day and sat in an amazing, amazing section of people throwing down passing around joints and dancing with each other. It was beautiful fun). Darkness was intense. It's an intense album and took a lot out of the band, which I guess is why they only did it once, but the remaining six hours of show were a blast.

I've learned that there are a lot of jaded folks around here when it comes to Springsteen concerts, though, probably because he'll play a 10 night stand and they're all middle aged Jersey tough guys wondering what someone 30 years their senior is even doing there when they used to see him play the Stone Pony. Some of them don't have so much fun when you want to make friends with them and dance, but when you get the right section it's amazing.

I love The Boss. I'm not sure how many times I've been to see him now but it's a lot. Last time was pretty much this time last year in Dublin and he was brilliant as ever. I also grew up listening to Springsteen as my dad would put on the Greatest Hits tape in the car on pretty much every longish journey or in the house at the weekend, but unlike Judas I always loved him.

My pops put him on every car ride. And every day in the house. And he'd SING and he sucks at singing. And he'd play NOTHING ELSE so I got into my rebellious punk rock.

Then I finally figured it out one day. I actually wrote a piece on my beginning Springsteen epiphany for a local magazine over here a couple years ago and how I found myself connected with my pops over The Boss. I'll try and find it.

McBain
July 12th, 2013, 10:20 PM
My Mom's favourite artist. Always liked him to an extent but just like everyone in recent years my appreciation for him has skyrocketed. Both as a performer and how he comes across as a person. He has that vital ingredient: integrity.

Andy
July 13th, 2013, 6:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RSNfE7zppM

http://forum.football365.com/images/smilies/7.gif

Kimura Kid
July 13th, 2013, 6:31 PM
I grew up listening to the Boss. Thank God my dad had a great taste in music. I actually have a few tracks of his on my playlist.

Pipkin
July 13th, 2013, 6:58 PM
Just saw this thread while I happen to be listening to "Atlantic City." Good stuff.

Canuck
July 13th, 2013, 7:06 PM
Everybody loves the boss. Like Dave, I'm currently reading the new biography. Am only a couple of chapters in so far, but I'm a pretty big fan. Planning to see him in a couple of weeks. :yes:

G-Fresh
July 15th, 2013, 4:04 PM
I don't like the dude, but without him Cheech wouldn't have done the fuckin dope cover Born In East LA.

cbac
July 30th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Springsteen played here at a local venue, The Ritz Music Hall around 1974. He was promoting his Greetings from Asbury Park NJ album. The Ritz was an ex 30's vintage theatre and opera hall so the acoustics were outstanding.
Bruce blew our stoned asses off our seats. He and the E-Street band played the Greetings set list and then didn't want to leave the stage, there were probably only 3 or 400 of us in the seats so it was an intimate gig for him. I remember him sitting with an acoustic by himself just playing whatever came to mind while the band was offstage taking a break.
It was three hours + of him and the E Street guys hanging out doing their thing.
Good show

Andy
October 21st, 2013, 7:26 PM
BOSS TALK ‏@_BOSS_TALK_ 1h
Latest rumors: album is completed and to be released early 2014. Europe tour dates to annonuced November or December.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Also,

As an added bonus to Bruce & the E Street Band’s personal thank you to all the fans who came out to see the Wrecking Ball Tour, watch these tour highlights edited by Thom Zimny set to a new recording of “Dream Baby Dream” mixed by Bob Clearmountain. We’ll see you up the road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fCMfcMnqk

MikeHunt
October 21st, 2013, 7:41 PM
It's not the same without Clarence.

Andy
October 21st, 2013, 9:14 PM
True, but Jake is fucking amazing tbf.

Andy
February 26th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Dunno if anyone is sad like me and following the tour news but holy fucking christ check this set list out. Probably the best I've ever seen and close to what would be my perfect show.

WIESS in full, amazing

BRISBANE
01. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gee's cover)
02. Saint in the City
03. Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street
04. Growin' Up
05. Spirit in the Night
06. High Hopes
07. Just Like Fire Would
08. You Can Look (But Better Not Touch)
09. Sherry Darling
10. Save My Love
11. Fade Away

WIESS
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
14. Kitty's Back
15. Wild Billy's Circus Story
16. Incident on 57th Street
17. Rosalita (come out tonight)
18. NYC Serenade - with additional string section a la Rome

19. Darlington County
20. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
21. The Rising
22. The Ghost of Tom Joad
23. Badlands
24. Glory Days
25. Born to Run
26. Bobby Jean
27. Dancing in the Dark
28. 10th Avenue Freeze Out
29. Highway to Hell (w/ Eddie Vedder)
30. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

Show's over ...
Start: 20.09, End 23:52, Duration: 3h43min

Andy
February 26th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Also I can't believe I never posted this in here; one of the best things I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-IZWISZ8CY

Matthew
February 26th, 2014, 10:24 PM
he played spill the wine (eric burdon & the animals cover) the night before or after, i read.

i love his covers.

i love almost everything he does.

Simmo Fortyone
February 26th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Just Like Fire Would by The Saints is one of my favourite songs ever, and I'm glad Bruce did it justice.

Andy
February 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah there's been a fair few on this tour already. I've just read last night was only the second time he's ever played WIESS in full. Fucking Brisbane, so jealous, that's my favourite ever album.

Just hoping they're going to tag some European dates onto the end of this tour. If he does I'm gonna try and go to a couple.

McBain
February 26th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Springsteen played here at a local venue, The Ritz Music Hall around 1974. He was promoting his Greetings from Asbury Park NJ album. The Ritz was an ex 30's vintage theatre and opera hall so the acoustics were outstanding.
Bruce blew our stoned asses off our seats. He and the E-Street band played the Greetings set list and then didn't want to leave the stage, there were probably only 3 or 400 of us in the seats so it was an intimate gig for him. I remember him sitting with an acoustic by himself just playing whatever came to mind while the band was offstage taking a break.
It was three hours + of him and the E Street guys hanging out doing their thing.
Good show

My parents had a similar experience. Incredible work ethic from he man and what an all-round gent.

Judas Iscariot
February 28th, 2014, 2:25 AM
He's playing Mohegan Sun, a little bit away in Connecticut soon. Place only holds 10,000 people. Wanted to scream when I wasn't able to get tickets. That I would consider a 10,000 person show with him to be intimate boggles my mind, but I've never seen him in such a small venue.

LOCONUT
February 28th, 2014, 3:12 AM
I never understood the love for the Boss. It might be high time I do my homework.

Judas Iscariot
February 28th, 2014, 3:27 AM
Duuuuuuuude.

McBain
February 28th, 2014, 3:55 AM
Sort yourself out, GBF.

G-Fresh
February 28th, 2014, 4:15 AM
I never understood the love for the Boss. It might be high time I do my homework.

Nah. Don't waste your time. He sucks big black horse dick. His music sucks too.

Judas Iscariot
February 28th, 2014, 4:31 AM
Says the juggalo.

McBain
February 28th, 2014, 4:38 AM
:lol: