PDA

View Full Version : Spike Lee's Oldboy

Dream-Evil
July 10th, 2013, 7:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLcnrnEqyI

Jimmy Zero
July 10th, 2013, 7:22 PM
I'm still not sold, but that looks way better than I figured it would.

Miotch
July 10th, 2013, 7:52 PM
This whole thing makes me angry.

LOCONUT
July 10th, 2013, 8:53 PM
lol Spike Lee

Bert
July 10th, 2013, 9:06 PM
This whole thing makes me angry.

We agree for once.

And they just had to change the thing that made it different from every other movie.

Watch the original, people who haven't.

It's on Netflix dubbed but it would be better to watch the subbed version if you can.

Seanny One Ball
July 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I'm not stunned by this, a film as good as OldBoy was always going to fall victim to Hollywood.

I can't believe it's by Spike Lee though, the trailer looks incredibly well made and I'm suspicious of a trailer that length with so little quality dialogue.
It could be a Hollywood success and by that I mean a misinterpereted yet fun adaptation or it might just be a terrible adaptation with absolutely no redeeming features besides this very fun trailer.

I do like Josh Brolin.

Mik
July 11th, 2013, 8:10 AM
Cant pretend that I did not want this to happen and yet also cant pretend that it doesnt look great.

Miotch
July 11th, 2013, 1:06 PM
I'll agree that the execution looks pretty good, however...

(Major spoiler from the original film)

It doesn't appear that they're going to have him get all incesty with his daughter here, unless there's a major bait and switch. That one reveal took what was a very good to great film and pushed into legendary status. No one saw that shit coming, and it was so sick and twisted that it left the audience in awe. As good as it looks like this could be, I still have MAJOR doubts.

Mik
July 11th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I assume that is still the reveal.

Jimmy Zero
July 11th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Honestly, how can it not be? If they change the end, it's not Oldboy. Given that it's an American bastardization, and Spike Lee sucks, they've probably changed the ending.

Fro
July 11th, 2013, 7:06 PM
I'm still not sure why people are under the impression Spike Lee is a bad director.

That said I haven't seen the original and have little interest in this.

Bert
July 11th, 2013, 7:46 PM
I assume that is still the reveal.

Did you even watch the trailer? It's not.

Miotch
July 11th, 2013, 8:14 PM
I'm still not sure why people are under the impression Spike Lee is a bad director.

That said I haven't seen the original and have little interest in this.

Go watch the original. For real.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 11th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I don't see the point of this. Much of the appeal of the original is in its Korean weirdness, Yankifying it removes all of that. I doubt they can improve upon some of the perfect scenes from the original either, so why bother?

VanillaJello
July 12th, 2013, 1:43 AM
I don't see the point of this. Much of the appeal of the original is in its Korean weirdness, Yankifying it removes all of that. I doubt they can improve upon some of the perfect scenes from the original either, so why bother?

http://notrightinthehead.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fat-stacks.jpg

Mik
July 12th, 2013, 3:05 AM
Did you even watch the trailer? It's not.

Yes I did. I assume that they are using the trailer to throw people off from the reveal.

Bert
July 12th, 2013, 3:17 AM
Yes I did. I assume that they are using the trailer to throw people off from the reveal.

So, you think the woman they show on TV and say is his daughter and then the whole "if you would like to see your daughter again" is just some woman?

MikeHunt
July 12th, 2013, 4:10 AM
Bert you are very stupid sometimes.

Bert
July 12th, 2013, 4:16 AM
Explain it then.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 13th, 2013, 1:58 PM
The answer to your question is yes.

Mik
July 14th, 2013, 6:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not saying that I know for certain thats the direction they are going, but it would seem to be something like that.

Bert
November 26th, 2013, 9:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0YSzEy8js

Predictable.

Beer-Belly
December 2nd, 2013, 4:34 PM
Holy shit did this thing flop. It won't even make 3 million in the US.

MikeHunt
December 2nd, 2013, 4:47 PM
Good! Shouldn't of been touched

MikeHunt
December 2nd, 2013, 4:51 PM
And josh brolin is a shit actor. I read they give away that he's a bad cunt at the start and for some reason they yelp on about technology?! Why does Hollywood fucking hate technology

Beer-Belly
December 2nd, 2013, 4:54 PM
Also, the marketing company that Spike Lee owns never compensated the guy that made posters for the movie. Spike Lee told the guy to go fuck himself when the dude try to contact him. It's an interesting story because the artist probably doesn't have a leg to stand on if he never signed a contract, but it's still another case of Lee unnecessarily making tremendous a dick snot out of himself.

MikeHunt
December 2nd, 2013, 5:08 PM
He really is a cock. I hate how much I like some of his films cause he's such a fucking fanny.

Donald
December 2nd, 2013, 5:11 PM
What was his last successful movie? Inside Man?

RuneEdge
December 2nd, 2013, 5:14 PM
I stumbled upon the original on IMDB about 5 months ago, when I also learnt about the remake we're talking about here.
I take it I forget about this one and watch the original? Cuz at the time I was holding off in case the remake turned out to be good.

Beer-Belly
December 2nd, 2013, 5:16 PM
Watch the original. Top notch movie.

Mik
December 2nd, 2013, 5:17 PM
Original is gold.

MikeHunt
December 2nd, 2013, 5:24 PM
It's possibly one of my favourite films.

MikeHunt
December 2nd, 2013, 5:25 PM
What was his last successful movie? Inside Man?

I do love the inside man. Owen does an excellent turn in that.

Jimmy Zero
December 2nd, 2013, 6:07 PM
I hope this finally ends Spike Lee's career. The guy is a grade A piece of shit human being and hasn't made a good movie in a long ass time. Especially after the Trayvon Martin stuff, I hope I never have to hear about this smug self righteous dick face again.

Seanny One Ball
December 2nd, 2013, 6:18 PM
I stumbled upon the original on IMDB about 5 months ago, when I also learnt about the remake we're talking about here.
I take it I forget about this one and watch the original? Cuz at the time I was holding off in case the remake turned out to be good.

I've never met anyone who didn't instantly fall in love with the original. It's one of the strangest and most fantastic tales in cinema history with a twist better than Usual Suspects.

Alf
December 3rd, 2013, 6:06 AM
I saw it last night. It's meh. It's not good, it's not particularly bad. It's just meh.

You do get to see Olsen's cheb though...

Beer-Belly
December 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Elizabeth Olsen is a gorgeous woman who inspires many dirty thoughts in my head. This flop won't have any effect on her career considering she has Godzilla and the Avengers sequel coming out in the near future. After those two, she'll be able to pick any project she wants.

Clive Plasma
December 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
She was incredible in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

Mik
December 3rd, 2013, 5:43 PM
I saw it last night. It's meh. It's not good, it's not particularly bad. It's just meh.

You do get to see Olsen's cheb though...

I'm back in.

Alf
December 4th, 2013, 6:45 AM
I'd love to bury my face in her muff. I would never wash my face again. You get to see all of here, just a mere glimpse away from seeing her moof.

Exquisite.

The Rogerer
December 4th, 2013, 6:53 AM
Mixed messages Alf. Do we or do we not see it?

Alf
December 4th, 2013, 7:05 AM
Download it. Skip to about 4/5ths of the way through. Done.

Donald
March 24th, 2014, 1:42 PM
What a great film. I never saw the original.

Beer-Belly
March 24th, 2014, 2:00 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would watch the remake before seeing the original.

Seanny One Ball
March 24th, 2014, 3:22 PM
Convenience or coincidence, I doubt it was a concerned effort before we go crucifying him.

Donald
March 24th, 2014, 7:22 PM
I saw it on the recent releases on Netflix. I'll be sure to check out the original too.

Jimmy Zero
March 24th, 2014, 7:47 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would watch the remake before seeing the original.

Have you seen the remake?

I have no real desire to see it, but I do want to know what the twist at the end is.

Donald
March 24th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Is the twist in the original?

Jimmy Zero
March 24th, 2014, 7:51 PM
Is the twist in the original?

There is something you don't see coming in the original, but I have no idea whether or not it's the same in Spike Lee's movie.

Beer-Belly
March 24th, 2014, 8:46 PM
Have you seen the remake?

I have no real desire to see it, but I do want to know what the twist at the end is.
I haven't seen the remake but...
I know the incestuous twist is in it.