PDA

View Full Version : raw 8/7/13 - our world is about to be eaten

Pages : [1] 2

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 7:35 AM
so

stuff happens

some shit with Vickie is going to happen...

a thing with big mizzark

and of course the eater of worlds debuts

Bennedy
July 8th, 2013, 7:43 AM
Will be interesting to see Wyatt debut. Wonder if he will be in a match or just make an appearance.

Obviously looking forward to see what Big Mark does as well.

Is anybody live tweeting tonight? I am probably going to stay up and watch for the first time in years, so I don't mind doing the honours.

Ochoa
July 8th, 2013, 7:49 AM
I predict the Wyatt family come out during Vickie's review thing. Or they'll be out during the main event. They'll be doing something big. I can't remember the last time someone's vignette closed RAW.

Fanny Batter
July 8th, 2013, 8:06 AM
Yeah, this Wyatt's thing is gonna be good. They've been on a good roll since Payback, a show that really turned a corner for them in the boring post-Mania run. Expecting a great show tonight and a top PPV Sunday.

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 8:34 AM
Joke's on you, it's July 8th.

VHS
July 8th, 2013, 9:21 AM
The Wyatt Family debut will be the reason I watch Raw tonight. I couldn't more excited. :hyper:

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/07/20130701_LIGHT_RAW-preview_wyatt_C-homepage.jpg

chatty
July 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Can't wait to see how the Wyatt's are deployed. I'd quite like for Steph/Hunter to sack Vicky and take the GM job themselves in someway and Vince come out and say hes the only one doing good for business and have the Wyatts come out and destroy them, then over the weeks have him just lose control over them completely as they are are uncontrollable and just do as Bray says.

chatty
July 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/07/20130701_LIGHT_RAW-preview_wyatt_C-homepage.jpg

Nice, new avatar for me.

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
gffdgfdg

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I hope he doesn't wrestle tonight. If he does a promo and then squashes Zack Ryder he'll seem like any other wrestler. This is the go home show to Money in the Bank, so he probably can't get involved with anyone tonight. But they can just have him talk, warn dark things are coming, and then have him start a program with Kane or Jericho next week.

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joke's on you, it's July 8th.

different parts of the world write it different

im used to date, month, year

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
– Tonight, the Wyatt Family is coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZvwzm_9Lc

– Also, Vickie faces the McMahons in her job evaluation

– Meanwhile, will Ryback keep crying or is he just playing possum before he faces Chris Jericho at MITB?

– In both MITB Ladder matches, friends and former tag partners will be out for themselves. What will happen if Daniel Bryan and Kane collide in the All Stars match, or if Team Rhodes Scholars’ members Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow have to lock arms in the SmackDown match?

– CM Punk saved his friend Paul Heyman on SmackDown. How will this gesture affect their personal and professional relationships?

All this and more on Raw … tonight!

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 11:22 AM
different parts of the world write it different

im used to date, month, year

I know, only trolling, sorry.

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I may watch just for Bray Wyatt. I hope he debuts at the beginning of the show rather than the end.

BBF
July 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
HHH is in the ring. Lights go out, everyone thinks its Taker. Lights come on and Wyatt is sitting at the top of the ramp in his rocking chair laughing. The other two are behind Hunter. Beat him down. Lights go off again. Come back on and the chair is still there, rocking by itself but the Family are gone.

mth
July 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Holy effin' ballsacks am I stoked for the Wyatt family debut tonight. :hyper: Like other, I'm really hoping they debut with some serious impact. It'd be pretty disappointing if it's just a Wyatt promo and squashing Zack Ryder...but even that ought to be pretty enjoyable for what it is, I guess.

Pretty interested in the job evaluation segment, hoping the storyline picks up steam here as it's been repetitive for the past few weeks.

virms
July 8th, 2013, 2:15 PM
Supposedly the job evaluation is going to be a mock up of tna's gut check.

As for the wyatt's I would like to see some heavy hitters in the ring (sheamus, orton, bryan, et ) facing of against cesaro/swagger. Match concludes, faces celebrate and the sheild's music goes off. Sheild gets to the railing when wyatt family music hits. Everyone is confused. Who are these guys, what are their purpose? Wyatt's seem to run of the sheild and turn around and decimate faces in the ring. Eaters of the World.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 2:33 PM
I have high hopes for this entrance. I'm envisioning: lights go out, we hear a voice laughing. "Live in Fear" begins to play as fog covers the ramp. A spotlight shines on the ramp, revealing the rocking chair going back and forth. And then Bray and his boys enter the frame. He can talk over the entrance music on his way to the ring. One of his boys can wear the animal mask. Because that thing is fucking terrifying.

I assume he'll be using his NXT theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFqo7__2oU0

What will his finisher be? I understand he's been using a Swinging Reverse STO in NXT, but Fandango is already using that.

This character is so awesome. It's like if Sean O'Haire had actually been able to cut a promo when he was doing the "Devil's Advocate" character.

chatty
July 8th, 2013, 2:35 PM
If it is a beat down of Zack Ryder then I hope they really do the guy over and then kill his character in some form of sacrifice. A bit like the ministry with Goodwin but not leading to him joining or forming a new ministry of sorts - just something that makes you think these sick bastards are gonna cause havoc.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Sister Abigail is his finisher. He dances around with his groggy opponent, Clutches them, kisses the forehead and plants them with the swinging reverse sto

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sisterabigail.gif

Best finisher in wrestling right now imo

chatty
July 8th, 2013, 2:46 PM
I hope they don't alter much tbh, everything was perfect for them, the theme, Brays swing dance and kiss on head before finish, the creepy masks, rocking chair etc.

BTW has Bray been wearing that weird butchers apron and mask recently.

VHS
July 8th, 2013, 3:46 PM
He wears it in his promos, and I think whether or not he wears the apron to the ring or not is kind of up in the air. Sometimes he'll wear the shirt, other times it the apron.

Regarding the Vickie evaluation stuff, it's not the worst thing in the world, but I am tired of this whole thing about making fun of poor, fat, detestable Vickie Guerrero. I actually feel bad for her, yet at the same time I can't wait until she's off TV for good.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 4:02 PM
Where is the show tonight anyways? A good crowd can really make this debut truly something to remember. Hopefully they aren't crap like last weeks.

One Man Gang
July 8th, 2013, 4:04 PM
It's in Baltimore.

Atty
July 8th, 2013, 4:08 PM
Baltimore still exists?

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 4:24 PM
How do we think the crowd responds? Cheers? Boos? Awed silence? I can see anything. I think some people will definitely cheer him. Does he insult the crowd to gin up heat? They're all lambs to the slaughter? Man, I haven't been this hyped for a debut since Sin Cara.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 4:33 PM
FUCK me, I am STOKED for the Wyatts. Really odd to debut them just before the PPV, which makes me think they'll play some role at MITB. Maybe they take someone out Andover Wyatt added to one of the matches and he wins? WHO KNOWS!

FOLLOW BRAY WYATT

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 4:41 PM
How do we think the crowd responds? Cheers? Boos? Awed silence? I can see anything. I think some people will definitely cheer him. Does he insult the crowd to gin up heat? They're all lambs to the slaughter? Man, I haven't been this hyped for a debut since Sin Cara.

lol with your Sin Cara Love.....hahaha!!

I respect the shit outta your opinion Law, but every time you ride on Cara's dick it feels like a major troll.

I don't think The Family will get much of a reaction from the crowd initially. I do feel by the time he leaves the ring the fans will have a clear understanding on what he brings to the table and form their opinions after the fact.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 4:44 PM
When Cara showed up I thought he was going to be like Rey Mysterio in WCW. Lead a lucha revolution in WWE. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

Ringo
July 8th, 2013, 4:46 PM
He says he was hyped for his debut. Like just about everyone. I don't know if you were watching wrestling then but Mistico's reputation was huge and they hyped it well.

Also no need to get wound up over other people's wrestler preferences.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 4:48 PM
When Cara showed up I thought he was going to be like Rey Mysterio in WCW. Lead a lucha revolution in WWE. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

I understand, You and Cewsh both are so high on him and you both are among the most respected posters here imo.

It just cracks me up cuz I honestly have no idea how either of you saw any real potential in him. I mean I know why you enjoy him and why you would like to see him do well. But I find it hard to imagine him in the position you both would like to see him in.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 4:50 PM
He says he was hyped for his debut. Like just about everyone. I don't know if you were watching wrestling then but Mistico's reputation was huge and they hyped it well.

Also no need to get wound up over other people's wrestler preferences.

Whoa, Not getting worked up at all my friend. I wasn't watching then and if I was I would imagine I would of felt the same way then as I do now. Never could he be anything other than a mid card talent. But that's my opinion. not trying to knock anyone at all. Sorry if I came across as if I was.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 4:59 PM
lol with your Sin Cara Love.....hahaha!!

I respect the shit outta your opinion Law, but every time you ride on Cara's dick it feels like a major troll.

Dude, I think we've established before that Sin Cara was really interesting and exciting when he debuted, and that you've only seen him as a jobber.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 5:00 PM
But I find it hard to imagine him in the position you both would like to see him in.

For the record, I still very much enjoy him now.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 5:00 PM
So anyone gonna be on skype tonight? Shits been kinda dead as of late. Would like to see some more activity tonight!!

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 5:02 PM
Sin Cara rules.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 5:04 PM
Dude, I think we've established before that Sin Cara was really interesting and exciting when he debuted, and that you've only seen him as a jobber.

Yeah, I still find it funny 2 guys as educated and knowledgeable as you both would be imagining anything other than the mid card for him.

For the record, I still very much enjoy him now.

That's great but he's still not anywhere near where you both imagined him being. I enjoy watching him as a jobber as well.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 5:05 PM
Two very different things here. My being hyped for Sin Cara when he initially showed up was totally justified and I think pretty much everyone watching wrestling was similarly excited. My current like of him and belief he can draw for WWE is pretty much blind faith and may well be based on his superficial similarities to Rey Mysterio.

I had never seen him wrestle before he debuted. Had never heard of him before it was announced he had signed. I just thought he sounded really awesome and they built him up well as an international superstar in the vignettes. And I guess his debut was actually when he attacked Sheamus. Which was good, but random.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 5:08 PM
Yeah, I still find it funny 2 guys as educated and knowledgeable as you both would be imagining anything other than the mid card for him.

I know you don't mean it this way, I really do, but this comes off like you're telling us that we're morons for not seeing what it is that you see, even though you have seen a very different performer in your time watching than we had.

As Mistico, Sin Cara was one of the top 3 most exciting and highest drawing wrestlers on the planet throughout the 00s. It isn't unusual in the slightest for people to have been excited to see what he would be like when brought to WWE. It didn't work out like we'd hoped, though I don't think it's remotely over for him yet. But go watch some of his stuff before he came to WWE, or go and watch the press conference about him, or the hype videos. The excitement is easy to understand.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 5:10 PM
Yeah, Im going to just STFU now cuz I keep coming off as a complete fucking douche.

I actually love and respect you both and don't mean any bit of disrespect.

You too Ringo, Sorry!

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 5:10 PM
Yeah, Im going to just STFU now cuz I keep coming off as a complete fucking douche.

I actually love and respect you both and don't mean any bit of disrespect.

:heart:

It's cool, man. Don't worry about it.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 5:22 PM
I think the issue with Sin Cara is rather simple...the lack of speaking english is a huge problem. I think he is everything Rey was when he debuted in WCW except the whole language barrier thing. Also Rey had a lot more talent to work with and make him look like a million bucks.

WWE has s few guys like Gabriel, Bourne who could probably have great matches with him but it just hasn't happened. Cara still has great potential if they can get behind the smaller guys like they have appeared to get behind tag teams again.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 5:32 PM
I think Cara would have been fine if, like in WCW, they had a bunch of other luchadors for him to work with. Rey, Konnan, Psichosis, Juvi, Ultimo Dragon, Villano IV, Hector Garza, and La Parka all showed up at the roughly the same time and Eddie was already there. Dean Malenko, who could work with anybody and had extensive experience in Mexico and Japan, was the top dog in the Cruiserweight Division. Basically, Rey had a ton of guys to work with who knew him and the lucha style. And WCW, Mike Tenay in particular, did a great job of explaining Mexican wrestling traditions and rules, the rivalries among the guys, the significance of the masks, ect.

In contrast, WWE only had Chavo who had any experience working in Mexican wrestling. And at that point he was much older and heavier than he had been back then. So Cara ended up working with guys like Alex Riley and others who had no idea how to work with him. And WWE was much less tolerant of differing styles than WCW. WCW let the lucha guys exist in their own universe where selling and ring psychology was largely optional. They didn't see it as a contradiction for guys to kick out of Powerbombs in the lucha matches but get pinned by them in the main event. That was one of my favorite things about WCW, and I think it's too bad that WWE doesn't allow more variety in the styles of their performers.

And before someone jumps on me, many of Cara's problems are his own fault. But there are some outside factors he couldn't/can't control.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 5:37 PM
Honestly....if you look at it WWE right now has Bourne, Gabriel and probably guys down in NXT who could work with him fine. Since Cara was a pet project for HHH maybe in a few months they can start to push that style just a little more.

Rip
July 8th, 2013, 5:44 PM
IAs Mistico, Sin Cara was one of the top 3 most exciting and highest drawing wrestlers on the planet throughout the 00s. It isn't unusual in the slightest for people to have been excited to see what he would be like when brought to WWE. It didn't work out like we'd hoped, though I don't think it's remotely over for him yet. But go watch some of his stuff before he came to WWE, or go and watch the press conference about him, or the hype videos. The excitement is easy to understand.

:yes:

Within three years he'll be holding one of the big belts and the awkward lighting will be all but forgotten.

However, that being said, if they don't drop the ball on Wyatt he'll get there before him.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 5:50 PM
I just watched this for the first time and thought it was pretty damn good. Definitely helped that it was in Mexico, but this is an example of what he can do when he's in the ring with somebody who can work him him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7R3XcgUXv0

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 5:51 PM
Why exactly do people think that guys like Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel could work with him just fine? Being a high flyer has nothing to do with this. Sin Cara's best opponent thus far has been Antonio Cesaro, because he understands the lucha style of wrestling. Very few in WWE do.

MikeHunt
July 8th, 2013, 5:52 PM
I'd love to see heel punk vs cara

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 5:56 PM
Why exactly do people think that guys like Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel could work with him just fine? Being a high flyer has nothing to do with this. Sin Cara's best opponent thus far has been Antonio Cesaro, because he understands the lucha style of wrestling. Very few in WWE do.
then going by that logic....Cara is fucked. Because who in that company understands lucha? Seems like he is damned either way.

Not to mention at least Kidd/Gabriel could bounce around a little bit and keep it somewhat high energy. It doesn't gotta be perfect but it's not like Cara will be working with big names anyways.

Rip
July 8th, 2013, 6:03 PM
I'd love to see heel punk vs cara

Hell yeah!

That would be brilliant, one of his biggest problems is the language issue, anyone know if he's improving because I can't remember the last time he spoke.

MMH
July 8th, 2013, 6:04 PM

Primo worked well with him too. Primo is pretty great though.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 6:04 PM
then going by that logic....Cara is fucked. Because who in that company understands lucha? Seems like he is damned either way

Here's a list of guys in WWE who have at least some background in wrestling luchadors not named Rey Mysterio:

CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro
Alberto Del Rio
Rey Mysterio
Big Show
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
Primo
Epico
Hunico
Evan Bourne
Rob Van Dam (barely)
Seth Rollins (barely)
William Regal

And here are the people who qualify in NXT:

Adrian Neville
Kassius Ohno
Sami Zayn
Xavier Woods

He has people he can wrestle.

Badger
July 8th, 2013, 6:13 PM
Bout time they gave Hunico something to do. Even if it's just in NXT for a while.

chatty
July 8th, 2013, 6:17 PM
That woukd have been great initially but shouldnt Cara be focusing on how to adapt to the North American style of wrestling rather than have people
play to his style. I mean he needs to get over to adapting WWE rather than vice versa.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 6:17 PM
:yes: Exactly!!

I honestly feel like he has so many things working against him and not much going for him...Tons of guys in Japan, Mexico & USA that can perform well in the ring. What set's this guy apart?

He has almost no ability to get over in the WWE landscape.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 6:18 PM
He has, but it's a long process, and he never spent any time in NXT where they specifically are set up to teach people that.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 6:23 PM
Here's a list of guys in WWE who have at least some background in wrestling luchadors not named Rey Mysterio:

CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro
Alberto Del Rio
Rey Mysterio
Big Show
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
Primo
Epico
Hunico
Evan Bourne
Rob Van Dam (barely)
Seth Rollins (barely)
William Regal

And here are the people who qualify in NXT:

Adrian Neville
Kassius Ohno
Sami Zayn
Xavier Woods

He has people he can wrestle.and as I said....you can eliminate half that top group based on where they are at in the company. Jericho would be willing to work with him and clearly Cesaro would be solid. Other than that I highly doubt they are going to stick him with the others seeing as how the whole speaking thing is a problem.

So again he is back to square one where it has to be lower level guys who the casual fan doesn't give a rip about. So, again he is screwed unless they decide to zoom him up the card.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 6:27 PM
You don't need to talk to get over.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 6:28 PM
But you need to be able to connect to the crowd.....constantly

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 6:31 PM
Yeah? And talking is only one of many ways to do that.

He's built as a mysterious character. Not talking should come naturally to that.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 6:31 PM
Getting off topic so Ima try and get us back on track........Try (Maybe Cara can get his own thread)

Anyone thinking that if WWE had big plans for the wyatt family SD would of been the better choice?

IDK I know he'll get the most views on Raw but I just imagine having him on SD he could be a much larger role within the company....unless they are going to go all the way with them on Raw.

Funboy
July 8th, 2013, 6:36 PM
Where *is* Hunico!? He was quality.

As for Raw, I can't wait to see the Wyatt Family, but I don't think I'll be physically able to stay up til 4am as I'm already falling asleep before midnight. Dang...
Still, I love the way they're bringing guys up these days. NXT is a great breeding ground for these guys, and they get characters/vignettes/promos and their intros are spaced out. Quality work.

Looking forward to MITB too, so hoping for a series of good matches between the wrestlers in the ladder matches.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 6:38 PM
I see them coming down during Vickie's evaluation and taking Vince and Trips out, maybe threatening Steph too. There could be suspicions that Vickie put them up to it but over the next few weeks they reveal they're working alone and taking over.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 6:42 PM
I was thinking along the same lines Andy. Having them attack the McMahon Family is a huge way to make an impact. Could you imagine if Wyatt dances around with Steph then kissing her on the forehead before planting Sister Abigail?

MMH
July 8th, 2013, 6:43 PM
You don't need to talk to get over.

It helps though. Or at least to have someone talking for you.

Cant think of many guys who didnt talk who got over in North America.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 6:49 PM
It helps though. Or at least to have someone talking for you.

Cant think of many guys who didnt talk who got over in North America.

It does help, absolutely. But it really only matters if you're any good at it. I would argue that the ability to cut a promo or not hasn't had any affect on Rey Mysterio's success.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 6:54 PM
I would argue that the ability to cut a promo or not hasn't had any affect on Rey Mysterio's success.

I would agree! Good Point

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 6:59 PM
Not a chance Steph or any woman is gonna get attacked by a man in the PG era.

Although having said that I wouldn't be surprised if Vince let someone attack Vickie for a laugh.

MMH
July 8th, 2013, 6:59 PM
It does help, absolutely. But it really only matters if you're any good at it. I would argue that the ability to cut a promo or not hasn't had any affect on Rey Mysterio's success.

Yeah true enough. I do think there is a difference though between a poor promo and nothing at all. I think the problem with Sin Cara right now is he doesnt give off the vibe of being some mysterious superstar, he gives off the image of being some idiot mute. At least Rey or whoever can convey some emotion when needed.

Its hard to come in as a face in WWE regardless of talent too.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Both good points. It's on WWE to give him an aura of mystery.

VHS
July 8th, 2013, 7:01 PM
I hope and pray this lamb talk of Sin Cara doesn't bleed into the Skype chat tonight, fellas. There's a storm coming! :hyper:

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 7:02 PM
Not a chance Steph or any woman is gonna get attacked by a man in the PG era.

http://www.wwe.es/addon/img/16eb30910g.jpg

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 7:04 PM
When was that?

BBF
July 8th, 2013, 7:05 PM
That was pre-PG era though wasn't it?

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 7:07 PM

One Man Gang
July 8th, 2013, 7:07 PM
Officially I think WWE went PG in the summer of 2008 and that incident took place at the start of 2009. But I think they've had a "learn as we go" type of policy when it comes to defining what they can and can't do in a PG world.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 7:08 PM
Was that PG era? I don't know because I wasn't watching then but having watched since early 2011 I would be stunned to see any man on woman violence in the WWE of today.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 7:08 PM
WWE PG began in the summer of 2008, if I'm remembering this right. Orton beating up Stephanie was during the lead-in to Wrestlemania 25, which was 2009. So that was actually after they'd made the switch. On the other hand, that's the last act of man-on-woman violence that I can remember and the product has gotten more family-friendly since then. They generally relax the PG stuff during Wrestlemania season.

Brian M.
July 8th, 2013, 7:11 PM
Was that PG era? I don't know because I wasn't watching then but having watched since early 2011 I would be stunned to see any man on woman violence in the WWE of today.

Which would make it an even bigger WHOA moment if they had Wyatt do it tonight. I'd rather not see man on woman violence in wrestling at all, but tonight would be the time to do it if you really want to make it mean something. It was kind of disgusting that people cheered that shit during the Attitude Era, looking back.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 7:17 PM
I'd rather have the Wyatt guys attack the main event scene than the McMahons. The issue with attacking the McMahons is: A) There's no logical reason for them not to be fired it they did it and B) There's not really anywhere for it to go, unless Triple H is going to fight Bray, which I'd rather not see. I prefer the idea of Bray doing a promo to open the show warning of dark times ahead and then his guys running in during the main event, which will presumably be a six man featuring Orton, Kane, Bryan, Sheamus, Punk, and Christian. Them laying waste to the entire main event scene in one swoop would definitely establish them as a legitimate threat.

Who should be his first feud? I like the idea of Kane. Solid, over veteran who knows how to work a match and cut a promo. Obvious intrigue with their characters. Wyatt wants to prove that he's a real monster and Kane is only pretending.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 7:17 PM
Yeah I was watching The Dudleys vs T&A from 2000 the other day and the crowd to absolutely bonkers for Bubba dragging Trish by the hair to the corner and powerbombing her through a table.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Watching men assault women and get cheered for it on old shows is really jarring. Especially when it was Steve Austin Stunning Chyna or Stacy Kieler, given that he was later convicted of beating Debra. I watched an old Nitro where Hogan won a match and the stipulation was that he got to choose whether he wanted to beat up Jimmy Hart, Kevin Sullivan, or Elizabeth for five minutes. The idea that Hogan, as a face, would choose to beat up Elizabeth was so fucked up. Not only was she a storyline former friend of his, she was married to his best friend. Yes, in the storylines she had betrayed Savage for Flair at that point, but that made it even worse. Basically, the idea was that we were going to witness domestic violence and cheer it. I don't remember what ended up happening, but he didn't end up beating up Elizabeth.

Another thing that jars you watching old shows is babyfaces sexually assaulting women and being cheered. Like, there was a WCW show where Sting force-kissed Missy Hyatt on the apron and the crowd went wild for it. That might be even worse.

Brian M.
July 8th, 2013, 7:31 PM
So much of the stuff that has happened in the past would never, and shouldn't, fly today. They did an angle with Terri where she faked a pregnancy and abortion for fuck's sake. Absolutely crazy. I actually much prefer where we are now, as a culture of wrestling.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 7:44 PM

That's what would make it soooooo special. Wyatt would be an awesome choice to bend the rules on as well.

**EDIT**

Which would make it an even bigger WHOA moment if they had Wyatt do it tonight. I'd rather not see man on woman violence in wrestling at all, but tonight would be the time to do it if you really want to make it mean something. It was kind of disgusting that people cheered that shit during the Attitude Era, looking back.

YES!!!

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 7:48 PM
I'd rather have the Wyatt guys attack the main event scene than the McMahons. The issue with attacking the McMahons is: A) There's no logical reason for them not to be fired it they did it and B) There's not really anywhere for it to go, unless Triple H is going to fight Bray, which I'd rather not see. I prefer the idea of Bray doing a promo to open the show warning of dark times ahead and then his guys running in during the main event, which will presumably be a six man featuring Orton, Kane, Bryan, Sheamus, Punk, and Christian. Them laying waste to the entire main event scene in one swoop would definitely establish them as a legitimate threat.

Who should be his first feud? I like the idea of Kane. Solid, over veteran who knows how to work a match and cut a promo. Obvious intrigue with their characters. Wyatt wants to prove that he's a real monster and Kane is only pretending.

Great points. And I agree Kane makes the most sense! Love to see that. Love your fantasy booking ideas also.

:yes:

I'm so pumped for tonight might actually smoke some bud beforehand!!

chotliwala
July 8th, 2013, 7:53 PM
So, I'll admit to knowing nothing about the Wyatt relations. Just seen a few of the promos from Raw. Should I really be as excited as everyone here seems to be? Actually, let me rephrase -- why is everyone so excited?

So much of the stuff that has happened in the past would never, and shouldn't, fly today. They did an angle with Terri where she faked a pregnancy and abortion for fuck's sake. Absolutely crazy. I actually much prefer where we are now, as a culture of wrestling.

wtf.

Cewsh
July 8th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Yes.

Bennedy
July 8th, 2013, 7:57 PM
Is anybody live tweeting then? As I said, I don't mind doing it if someone wants to give me the log in details.

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 8:04 PM
Classy fans wishing Vickie to fall. Disgusting.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:05 PM
:lol:

Bennedy
July 8th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Classy fans wishing Vickie to fall. Disgusting.

Haha really? Come on..

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Why the fuck is she on a ladder seriously :lol:

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Did Vince just say "please don't fall Vickie" or was that JBL?

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Fuck Yes!! Great Show for tonight!!

It was JBL Hero

Jacknife
July 8th, 2013, 8:08 PM
Great matches tonight.

evilyn
July 8th, 2013, 8:08 PM
Did Vince just say "please don't fall Vickie" or was that JBL?

Pretty sure it was JBL.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Skype Guys!!

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:12 PM
I swear it sounded like Vince. The Wyatt's already got my head all fucked.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 8:17 PM
Always great to see Bryan vs Sheamus. Orton/Punk should be good too.

Really interested to see how this one ends.

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 8:25 PM
great little opener here

The Rick
July 8th, 2013, 8:28 PM
great little opener here

Damn right. Nice sequence to end it too. Thought they were going to botch the crucifix.

Andy
Wow what a great little match that was. Bryan pinning Sheamus clean? Yeah he's winning the briefcase.

G-Fresh
Fucking awesome. Git r done DB.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:29 PM
That was fucking excellent. Great, great TV match there. Bryan and Sheamus work together so well.

Tainted Eclipse
July 8th, 2013, 8:29 PM
clean victories over sheamus and orton on TV. fuck yes SUMMER OF BRYAN coming up.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:31 PM
They're going all the way with the Family.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:31 PM
WTF ARE THE WYATT'S GONNA DO TONIGHT IM LITERALLY GOING NUTS HERE

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:33 PM
Love the gritty style of that vignette there. The fact that there are going to be several of those definitely suggests that they're debuting later in the show.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 8:33 PM
I'm struggling to see what they can logically do apart from attack Trips/Vince. I don't see them attacking any of the MITB participants or Cena/Henry so unless they just have him cut a promo I think Vince and Trips are getting dropped just as Vickie is about to get fired.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:34 PM
I'm guessing these vignette's will air all night and the Family will debut last.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:35 PM
I hate to see those kids fight.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:38 PM
That Henry promo gave me goosebumps!!

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Wyatt's definitely coming out last. The preview for RAW had them and the opening of the show was a Wyatt promo. WWE is doing something BIG with them tonight.

Zacharie
July 8th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Damn, it's crazy how better the build is for Henry/Cena than for Ryback/Cena. Both feuds had good kickoff angles. I guess it all came down to Henry being in-your-face rather than a chickenshit powerhouse.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:40 PM
WTF are the Shield doing on MITB Kickoff!?!

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Same thing Sheamus was on the pre-show last month. They're trying to make the pre-show a bigger deal, and part of that strategy is to put better matches on there. Not a demotion for them at all.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:43 PM
Hell yeah. I go to Hooters to watch PPVs and the preshow doesn't come on, so someone will usually have a tablet or laptop for people to watch the pre-show on, no joke. The pre-show has gotten awesome.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:43 PM
That makes sense. I actually enjoy the pre and post shows.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:44 PM
Shame they didn't show the fan trying to tip the ladder over and Eddie landing on his feet to beat the piss out of the moron. One of Eddie's greatest moments.

Zacharie
July 8th, 2013, 8:44 PM
They do promote the preshow matches too. It isnt just some random shit thrown together at the last minute like the free for all.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Shame they didn't show the fan trying to tip the ladder over and Eddie landing on his feet to beat the piss out of the moron. One of Eddie's greatest moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOhKVCDqrME

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Great matches tonight

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 8:51 PM
and tons of funk looked decent in that match.

tensai needs to do more

Andy
Is that the longest match Brodus has ever had? It wasn't bad.

Zacharie
ToF isn't even that bad, just dat gimmick.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:52 PM
If anything I wish they'd expand the pre-show to an hour and have two or three matches. Anything to get more guys exposure. Money in the Bank uses an exceptionally large number of wrestlers, but Tons of Funk, Primetime Players, Sin Cara, Big E, 3MB, and R-Truth don't have matches. You could scrape together two more decent matches with those guys.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 8:52 PM
Is that the longest match Brodus has ever had? It wasn't bad.

Agreed, I thought it was actually a really good match.

The Rick
July 8th, 2013, 8:53 PM
If anything I wish they'd expand the pre-show to an hour and have two or three matches. Anything to get more guys exposure. Money in the Bank uses an exceptionally large number of wrestlers, but Tons of Funk, Primetime Players, Sin Cara, Big E, 3MB, and R-Truth don't have matches. You could scrape together two more decent matches with those guys.

Or just one more with tag matchin Teddy.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 8:59 PM
Cena's really taken a backseat on the show recently. He hasn't wrestled on TV in a long time and it seems like he's only in one segment most weeks. I don't mind it, it's leaving time more time for other guys who are more entertaining at the moment.

They need to stop pretending like Henry has won tons of championships. Of the active titles, he's only held the World Heavyweight Championship. Previously, he held the European Championship and ECW Championship. That's it. Never a tag champion, or IC Champion, or US Champion.

Lagom
July 8th, 2013, 8:59 PM
I was worried the Wyatt Family vignettes were going to get cheesy tonight, nut they've been great. The last one was creepy.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 9:02 PM
I knew who you was before you knew who you was

:lol:

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 9:03 PM
I was worried the Wyatt Family vignettes were going to get cheesy tonight, nut they've been great. The last one was creepy.

"Hey, follow me"

I'd fuckin RUN

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:04 PM
Cena has all his rules, and he thinks they'll keep him safe. Mark Henry knows the sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 9:04 PM
Mark Henry is so fucking good. Give him the belt.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Damn right.....let him know Big Mark.

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 9:06 PM
the weight off mark henry's too much. right so he he's had no problem before with big shown and kahli

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Seriously, tho? We've seen John AA Henry. Hell, we've seen Barrett give him wasteland from the top rope.

i guess heels are heavier?

JT4104
THAT'S WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tainted Eclipse
i've wanted this feud forever and i cant believe they've done it 100% perfectly. cant wait for the match.

The Law
Got to sell the match. If people want to see Cena hit the AA on Henry, they can buy the pay-per-view.

Obviously, John Cena can squat 350 pounds (or whatever Mark Henry weighs). But if he slams him there, what do we care about the match? It's the same reason Hogan could never slam his opponent the first time he went for it.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:10 PM
I can't remember...did Punk ever get that 123 win over Orton yet? I thought he did late last year but can't remember.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:16 PM
Heyman looks like such a piece of shit in those shades. It's spectacular.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 9:17 PM
Hell of a shiner there!

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 9:21 PM
Axel isn't doing himself any favors on the Mic.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:26 PM
I thought Axel was fine for what it was....

These guys kicking out of the PerfectPlex has to stop

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Y4y0XBKUM

Better than that. We can complain about scripted promos all day, but that was a promo that needed more scripting. Or more ability to follow the script.

G-Fresh
July 8th, 2013, 9:31 PM
Jericho pimpin like a muthafucka whoop X2.

Kimura Kid
omfg Law that was brutal

Hero!
I just want the entire WWE Roster to stop sucking Axel off. We get it, management sees him as money. We get it, the wrestlers see something in him. He has done NOTHING to earn the respect of the fans yet. Stop actin like he's the second coming ffs.

The Guy on the Couch
July 8th, 2013, 9:32 PM
I think my issue getting into Axel is that he is too crisp and clean. His matches are fundamentally solid but there just seems to be no heart or passion or even personality. It seems like he is too focused on doing every move perfectly or something that he doesn't show any flavor.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:35 PM
They used to do ladder matches on TV. What a different and stupider time that was.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Barrett.........:lol: I love him again

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:38 PM
That was amazing. "Don't say it." And then Barrett knocks him the fuck out.

These vignettes for the Wyatt Family are great. I'm struggling to think of anything like them that I've seen in wrestling before.

I seriously had a couple dreams/nightmares about those guys recently. In one, I was at a wrestling show sitting in the crowd. It came time for them to be introduced and it turned out that they had been sitting in the seats in front of my the whole time. In the other, I was in a cabin out in the woods. It was night, I was alone, and I kept hearing Bray preaching outside. That one was fucking scary.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 9:39 PM
These promo's are fucking MONEY!!!

Obey,Obey,Obey,Obey,Obey,Obey!!

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Jesus Christ, I am so HYPE for this PPV

GtheMVP
July 8th, 2013, 9:41 PM
Raw is awesome so far!

TooCool
July 8th, 2013, 9:42 PM
Jesus Christ, I am so HYPE for this PPV

IMO, I feel that MITB is the biggest PPV of the Summer. I go to Summerslam every year since it's here in L.A. but man, the card always feels weaker compared to MITB.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:43 PM
Hey look Sin Cara.....he was a solid 3 to 4 page discussion today.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:43 PM
I can literally feel the money in rolling right now.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:45 PM
gosh...this lighting is just wow. It has to stop. Takes away from the match

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 9:47 PM
I can literally feel the money in rolling right now.

:yes: :rofl:

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 9:51 PM
The lighting is horrible. Kills the crowd during his matches. On a similar note, I think they need to stop bathing the crowd in colored light. Just light the crowd up. Let us see them. The red/blue/whatever light by design makes them more passive.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Maddox needs to go wild and take out all the McMahons...

TooCool
July 8th, 2013, 9:56 PM
I'll admit it. It's kind of awesome to see Vince, Steph, and HHH all come out together.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 9:57 PM
The McMahons, what a stable!

hmm...I thought Wyatt would come out during this. Now I srsly have no clue what the hell their debut is gonna be!

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 9:59 PM
so...which one is playing the Bruce Pritchard role?

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Are the Wyatts going to attack Orton and Punk during the main event?

On the other hand, the crowd will fucking lose it if the lights go out and the Wyatt Family music starts to play during this segment.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I don't see the Wyatt's coming out yet, I don't think the promos are done yet

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM
the current star of the segment....Maddox and his facial expressions

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Now we need Vickie to form a Dangerous Alliance-type stable and seek revenge on those who wronged her.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Blaahahahaha fucksake look at big Brad's face!

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Maddox...........:lol: Life is Grand.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:12 PM
This is great. I hope he doesn't last long, but I love the idea of a totally incompetent GM. Like Mike Adamle, but funnier.

Beer-Belly
That felt like an eternity. Can'y argue with the result, though.

Zacharie
Haha, I think this is gonna be a fun ride.

Fanny Batter
July 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Maddox is fantastic, glad to see him get a bigger role. He shines in every segment he's in, a natural entertainer. Damn is this McMahon feud gonna drag though.

TooCool
July 8th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Loving Brad Maddox and his 5 second statue pose with his awesome facial expressions.

Tainted Eclipse
July 8th, 2013, 10:14 PM
maddox is brilliant. vickie also was great actually. i love mcmahon's acting in this angle though, totally hamming it up as someone disagreeing with triple h for the sake of it.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Maddox has had some great ideas. Like when he wanted to have a Baby Battle Royal featuring actual infants. It would have to be under the bottom rope, because they'd be too small to go over. Alas, it was too expensive. Because they would have had to fly all the babies in, along with their guardians. Would have been great.

Dream-Evil
July 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
McMahon a bit sweaty there

TooCool
July 8th, 2013, 10:20 PM
LOL! Christian with the Michael McGillicutty graphics.

Hero!
Pffft Christian just had a "Michael Mcguillicutty" bottom tron thingy.

The Law
That is not Michael McGillicutty. Rare production slip-up there.

JT4104
poor christian.....gets the Michael McGillicutty name at the start of his entrance.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Well Maddox should be firing whoever blew that....

Zacharie
July 8th, 2013, 10:29 PM
oh shit

Kneeneighbor
July 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
This is amazing.

TooCool
July 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Amazing entrance. I wonder if Kane is out of the MITB match now.

Hero!
Oh fuck me, what a great entrance. They'd better come out again during the Main Event

Zacharie
That was pretty cool. I like dat entrance.

Ryse
July 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Well that was pretty fucking epic. Of course they would go after Kane. The old monster usurped by the new ones.

Beer-Belly
Husky Harris chant? This is why we can't have nice things.

G-Fresh
Super fuckin sweet.

Kneeneighbor
And then the crowd pisses all over it and chants Husky Harris

Kimura Kid
What an awesome fucking entrance.

pitch black arena with the only lighting in the building coming from wyatt and the lamp.

I will say I was expecting more from the actual beat down.

Woulda like to see wyatt land sister abigail in the center of the ring. not outside.

virms
Fucking tremendous. Well done.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM
nice Debut and the crowd reacted nicely at first....then screwed up with stupid husky harris chants

Tainted Eclipse
July 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Husky Harris chant? This is why we can't have nice things.

yeah really fuck those guys

crazy great entrance though, although capping off the kane beatdown with the most gimmicked steel stair shot of all time was a bit of a downer. still that entrance is thematically brilliant.

The Sucka
July 8th, 2013, 10:37 PM
And then the crowd pisses all over it and chants Husky Harris

Exactly, that was an awesome entrance and an intense beat down after weeks of brilliant build up and the stupid crowd think they're being 'cool' by chanting Husky Harris. Bunch of pricks!

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Seriously, please send the family out during the Main Event. They need more time on RAW asap

Beer-Belly
July 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha

They're just fucking about with Ryback at this point.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
well that was clearly the greatest thing Ryback has ever done.

Tainted Eclipse
July 8th, 2013, 10:40 PM
didnt think anything was gonna top the wyatt debut, but there it is.

JT4104
Alicia Fox is a heel again?

Hero!
Ryback has found himself a god damn MONEY manager.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Kane Joins the Family.....after some time off.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Idiotic crowd. Total morons.

That was a damn cool entrance though. Surely that means Kane is out of MITB? Maybe Wyatt takes his place? That should really should've killed him tbf.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Oh now that is a good idea. Vickie and Ryback. :yes:

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
AJ took that spear like a champ...also Kaitlyn has gotten light years better.

Dream-Evil
July 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM
hahaha. Love Big E hauling her off.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Idiotic crowd. Total morons.

That was a damn cool entrance though. Surely that means Kane is out of MITB? Maybe Wyatt takes his place? That should really should've killed him tbf.

My exact thoughts. Have Maddox put Wyatt in the match and then Wyatt wins the fucker. Beating out 6 former world champs in your first match? C'MON!

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Big E: *Sigh* Another day, another time having to carry AJ around. Dolph's not paying me enough for this shit.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I can't believe that crowd seriously. The whole build up for these guys, then the awesome vignettes tonight and the brilliant entrance...one of the most exciting debuts in recent memory and they try to ruin it. Stupid pricks.

SheltonLondon
Just tuned in for this; first time in a while.... Bray Wyatt is the fucking man! That little promo before they came out was unreal! Hoping they pull the trigger on them in a big way, felt properly excited watching that, good shit!

Kneeneighbor
Big E: *Sigh* Another day, another time having to carry AJ around. Dolph's not paying me enough for this shit.

Dude I would pay Dolph to carry her around!

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I love that Cena is like priority 3 or 4 based on time and placement tonight. I'm glad because everything else has been more interesting.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:48 PM
It's been that way for awhile. Cena's been on the backburner since Wrestlemania. Everything else on the show is just so damn good right now.

virms
July 8th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Ryback has found himself a god damn MONEY manager.

Fucking hell hero. Nice shout.

DeepMo
July 8th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Alicia Fox is a heel again?

She was just face two weeks ago standing beside Katlyn, they seriously don't know what to do with her.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 10:53 PM
So the women love them some Cena/Randy,

Based on that Orton truly needs a legit heel turn at this point.

Kimura Kid
July 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Love when punk wears the Chicago flag gear.

Hero!
July 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Fucksake man, CM PUNK my all time favorite wrestler is in the ring right now and all I can think about is that SICK Wyatt entrance.

"We're here"

Beer-Belly
Wyatt is smart enough to deflect the "Husky Harris" bullshit if it continues. If he needs to mention existing as a different person in the past or something, he can.

G-Fresh
Orton has the best standing dropkick since Hardcore Holly.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm getting tired of crowd snark. Boo the heels. Tell them they suck. But chanting their old gimmicks is just fucking stupid. I'm tired of hearing "Sexual Chocolate" and "Goldberg" and those other types of chants. Bray Wyatt used to be called Husky Harris. Who gives a fuck? What does it accomplish to chant that at him? I assume the fans chanting that are smart fans who like him too. Is that supposed to somehow make him succeed? I'm sick of fans who want to make themselves the show.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'm getting tired of crowd snark. Boo the heels. Tell them they suck. But chanting their old gimmicks is just fucking stupid. I'm tired of hearing "Sexual Chocolate" and "Goldberg" and those other types of chants. Bray Wyatt used to be called Husky Harris. Who gives a fuck? What does it accomplish to chant that at him? I assume the fans chanting that are smart fans who like him too. Is that supposed to somehow make him succeed? I'm sick of fans who want to make themselves the show.
While they do have their issues...at least they are responding and I'd bet most of the casual fans don't even remember him from NXT.

Beer-Belly
July 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Having fun is fine, like the post-Mania shows, but there comes a point when that shit takes away from the experience.

Terrible Tony Bones
July 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM
What an awesome fucking entrance.

pitch black arena with the only lighting in the building coming from wyatt and the lamp.

I will say I was expecting more from the actual beat down.

Woulda like to see wyatt land sister abigail in the center of the ring. not outside.

agreed

i expected more from the necro butcher, a highlander and ol husky...

:D

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Psycho Bryan......I love it

McBain
July 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Orton has the best standing dropkick since Hardcore Holly.

AJ Styles would have something to say about that.

Beer-Belly
July 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I was hoping for an RVD appearance. Bryan kicking ass was great, though. Hope that doesn't mean he loses on Sunday.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Great visual to end the show.

Really good show overall, back to recent form after a poor show last week.

The Law
July 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM
That show was tremendous. I don't think I've been this excited for a new wrestler since Brock debuted and fucked everyone up back in 2002.

One Man Gang
July 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Pretty good show. Great matches, epic debuts, new GM, and I'm a bit hyped for MITB.

JT4104
July 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Solid go home show tonight and the 2 big matches delivered...Wyatt family debut was great and even Kaitlyn/AJ had me watching. Good work WWE it seems the summer seems to be your time to shine the last couple years.

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 11:20 PM
nigga i give this shit a 9

Judas Iscariot
July 8th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Ambrose wasn't on at all, was he?

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 11:24 PM
for like 5 seconds

Anaconda Sniper
July 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Punk pinning Orton clean..D bry pinning Sheamus clean. Barrett laying Fandango the fuck out. Wyatt family debut.

9/10

I missed a good chunk of the show so thats why I'm not giving it a 10.

mth
July 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM
For some reason I never expected it and yet I'm not surprised at all about the Husky chants. Part of me hopes they won't catch on once the family gets going and part of me worries they're going to crap all over everything.

StoneColdWWE316
July 8th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Why do Smarks have to ruin everything? We know Bray Wyatt use to be Husky Harris,we don't need a freaking chant.

Anyway good Go-Home RAW with plenty of build for Sunday. Good Matches like Sheamus/Daniel Bryan and CM Punk/Randy Orton. Loved the vignettes and Wyatt Debut.

virms
July 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Ambrose wasn't on at all, was he?

He came out in the crowd standing on the top step above his team mates

SOMEONE GET THE WYATT FAMILY DEBUT ON YOUTUBE IN HD

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM
follow the wwe on instagram and you'll see a comment saying the wyatt family suck cause they attacked kane

virms
July 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
no thanks

mr sabu
July 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM

theres an ok quality one up now but it doesn't have the promo before he comes bray comes out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KXeVjAVTc

G-Fresh
July 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM

It's because he's black.

Beer-Belly
July 8th, 2013, 11:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQuETm4gYY

Hero!
July 9th, 2013, 12:11 AM
So much of the Wyatt family vignettes and general style of cutting in and out with the clips makes me think of the Slenderman mythos.

virms
July 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Fucking amazing