PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Keiji Muto Project

Defrost
July 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
according to weekly pro wrestling the first show will be next month. All the guys who left All Japan are in and there is expected to be NJPW and NOAH involvement on the first card at least

Cewsh
July 3rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I have no idea what this is going to be like, but I'd be lying if I said that I'm not going to be watching it as soon as possible.

Defrost
July 10th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Wrestle-1 will have their first show on September 8th in Tokyo Dome City Hall

The roster

Keiji Muto
Masakatsu Funaki
Kaz Hayashi
Shuji Kondo
Minoru Tanaka
Masayuki Kono
KAI
Hiroshi Yamato
Ryota Hama
Yasufumi Nakanoue
Andy Wu
Daiki Inaba (Trainee)
Brian Ishizaka (Trainee)
Yoshioka Seiki (Trainee)

DDT
July 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Wrestle-1; Sweet Christ, it's like Mutoh WANTS karma to try and kick him in the balls.

Defrost
July 11th, 2013, 7:01 PM
So ideas being thrown out by Muto and Kondo are no titles and no junior and heavyweight segregation. Also want to add 10 female wrestlers.

Cewsh
July 11th, 2013, 7:03 PM
I doubt the no titles thing will stick, but the other two would go a long way to help differentiate them from their peers. Frankly, the heavy/jr. heavy split is on it's way out in general.

DDT
July 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Frankly, the heavy/jr. heavy split is on it's way out in general.

No. Bad Cewsh; bad.

Cewsh
July 11th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Accept it, bro. Jr. is NOAH champion. Jr. is NJPW number 1 contender. The future is here.

DDT
July 12th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I want whatever drugs you are smoking if you think Prince Devitt will ever be IWGP champion without the same shitload of steroids and bulking up KENTA went through.

Defrost
July 12th, 2013, 12:17 AM
If New Japan thinks giving the IWGP Title to Devitt is the best way to keep him then he will be IWGP Champion one day. There is a reason Anderson and Devitt ended up in main events not long after Bernard became the newest Funkadactyl.

Defrost
July 30th, 2013, 5:43 PM
already off on the wrong foot. Why jump off one sinking ship just to get in bed with another.

http://i.imgur.com/YrUSe56.jpg

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 5:50 PM
It's at least a BIGGER sinking ship.

Defrost
July 30th, 2013, 6:13 PM
Is it though? When you really look at TNA there is nothing there. They have no PPV audience they can't draw live crowds. It is just that SPIKE TV gave a time slot to wrestling because they hate Vince. You could put PWG in that time slot starting the 1st, and the only reason I know that is that video, and suddenly PWG is in the exact spot TNA is now. The thing is a facade being propped up by Viacom because why not.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2013, 6:16 PM
Absolutely true. But TNA is in that spot and All Japan and WORLD-1 aren't. It's a paper promotion, but it's still bigger.

Defrost
August 23rd, 2013, 5:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tMmahX2SI

Cewsh
August 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.w-1.co.jp/upload_img/slider/20130822_maJkUPE4.jpg
Keiji Mutoh seems very intent on kicking off his new promotion the right way and as such, the very first show will air world wide over Ustream and in Japan on Nico Nico.
Although the card hasn’t been fully announced, here’s what you can look forward to…

Keiji Muto & X Vs. X & X
Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono Vs. X & X
Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo Vs. X & X
Minoru Tanaka & X Vs. X & X
KAI Vs. X
Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue Vs. X & X
Hiroshi Yamato & Daiki Inaba Vs. X & X
Women’s match X Vs. X

That and the chance to watch wrestling history, all for $20.

www.ustream.tv/w-1

Cewsh
August 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I am so getting this. Half the card is mystery partners and opponents and I'm a sucker for that shit. HALF THE CARD.

Cewsh
September 5th, 2013, 2:58 PM
Pro wrestling legend The Great Muta recently noted that TNA Impact Wrestling would not be a part of the debut event for his new Wrestle-1 promotion.

As reported earlier this year, the Japanese legend met with Jeff Jarrett and other TNA officials in Nashville about the possibility of sharing talent amongst the two promotions.

According to the recent Muta interviews in Japan, TNA and Wrestle-1 will not be sharing talent, as least not yet.

Well then I don't know who the fuck is filling those mystery spots.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:04 AM
I am up at 3 AM Sunday Morning/Saturday Night watching a Japanese wrestling show where I have no idea who is actually wrestling. Something has gone wrong.

Cewsh
September 8th, 2013, 3:08 AM
I just remember I bought this too! Turning it on now. :D

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:09 AM
Shelton Benjamin is gonna be busy tonight

takerson
September 8th, 2013, 3:10 AM
Ahahaha. Post results/screen caps when it's over, please! :D

MikeHunt
September 8th, 2013, 3:11 AM
who the fat fuck in the photo? he look great.

Defrost
Judging by this video I don't think Muto gives a shit about music copyrights

Defrost
who the fat fuck in the photo? he look great.

Ryoto Hama. He is a great and jolly man.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:16 AM
Fuckers muting Kobashi

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:24 AM
And Nosawa and Mazada are out first 2 Xs

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:33 AM
Yamato and the rookie take it. Fun opener.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:36 AM
https://twitter.com/puro_yottsume#

Yottsume is tweeting translations

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:38 AM
Oh no Hama has no shirt

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:41 AM
Next Xs are Kohei Sato & Ryouji Sai

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:52 AM
Team Zero-1 beats Hamkishi and Kojima Jr

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 3:59 AM
Time for some Joshi

Yoshiko vs Mayu Iwatani

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 4:04 AM
Yoshiko takes it

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 4:10 AM
Minoru's partner is Koji Kanemoto? Who could have seen that coming?:rolleyes:

Other Xs are Hayato Jr Fujita and Masaaki Mochizuki

This is gonna fucking rock

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 4:25 AM
Hayato taps to the Ankle Lock

That match made me happy

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 4:33 AM
The Xs facing Kondo and Hayashi are Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 4:50 AM
Sekimoto over Kondo with the Deadlift German. Match got awesome at the end.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:20 AM
And what Xs have Funaki and Kono drawn

Kazushi Sakuraba and Katsuyori Shibata

bidnezz has picked up

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:40 AM
Kono taps to Saku with the crossface chickenwing

I desperately want to see a Shibata vs Funaki singles match now

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:43 AM
Oh no Sai and Sato are attacking Funaki in the back. Kono saves with a chair. Then he hits Funaki with it. Kono has turned heel.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:49 AM
Let us find out who Kai has gotten as his X

Seiya Sanada

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:50 AM
I have no idea what Sanada is wearing

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 5:52 AM
Sanada is kinda dressed like if Randy Savage grew up on an Indian Reservation in New Mexico

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 6:07 AM
Kai wins with the Frog Splash

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 6:15 AM
Time to learn what is the main event

Muto & Bob Sapp vs Rene Dupree & Zodiac

Well that's something

Jeff Jarrett is working the next show

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 6:30 AM
Not a good match. Muto gets the pin with the moonsault and I think fucked himself up doing it.

Defrost
September 8th, 2013, 6:40 AM
The show was much better than anything AJPW could hope to do right now

takerson
September 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
The show sounds.... disappointing. :/

Tainted Eclipse
September 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
man, kanemoto and hayato were on opposite sides of a match? did they get some good time against each other? they probably had the best japanese match of 2009 together. hell if i knew that match was happening i'd possibly have stayed up to watch it.

DDT
September 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
This honestly sounds like one of those 2011 All Japan shows that was slowly building up steam before the Crazy One bought All Japan. I think I'll check this out.

Cewsh
September 8th, 2013, 1:03 PM
I watched this this morning. Some of the surprises didn't really go over, (the main event was a pretty big disappointment,) but it really was a good show. Laughter 7 showing up especially was pretty great. And apparently Jeff Jarrett will be wrestling on the next show, so the doors seem to be open to NJPW and TNA. W-1 could definitely be something to get excited about.

Cewsh
September 8th, 2013, 1:04 PM
Oh, and after years of them trying to get him over, KAI is finally on to something.

DDT
September 8th, 2013, 3:03 PM
You would already know this if you watched the Champion Carnival, like Defrost and I kept hinting. :p

Cewsh
September 8th, 2013, 3:45 PM
Yeah, I don't watch All Japan. Now or ever.

Defrost
September 9th, 2013, 6:53 PM
WRESTLE-1, 9/15/13
Nagoya International Conference Hall

Participating Wrestlers: Keiji Mutoh, Masakatsu Funaki, Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo, Minoru Tanaka, Masayuki Kono, KAI, Hiroshi Yamato, Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue, Daiki Inaba, Seiki Yoshioka, Koji Kanemoto, Seiya Sanada, Kohei Sato, Ryouji Sai, MAZADA, Rene Dupree, Zodiac, Shu Shibutani, Ryo Mizunami & X

*Seiki Yoshioka will debut on this show

WRESTLE-1, 9/21/13
Kyoto KBS Hall

Participating Wrestlers: Keiji Mutoh, Masakatsu Funaki, Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo, Minoru Tanaka, Masayuki Kono, KAI, Hiroshi Yamato, Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue, Daiki Inaba, Seiki Yoshioka, Koji Kanemoto, Seiya Sanada, Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Kohei Sato, NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, HUB, Rene Dupree, Zodiac, Makoto, Shuri & X

WRESTLE-1, 9/22/13
Ishikawa Industrial Exhibition Hall #3

Participating Wrestlers: Keiji Mutoh, Masakatsu Funaki, Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo, Minoru Tanaka, Masayuki Kono, KAI, Hiroshi Yamato, Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue, Daiki Inaba, Seiki Yoshioka, Koji Kanemoto, Seiya Sanada, Kohei Sato, Ryouji Sai, NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, Otokosakari (Alexander Otsuka), Rene Dupree, Zodiac, Makoto, Shuri & X

Cards will be announced day of show.

Panther52
September 10th, 2013, 6:03 PM
Kono taps to Saku with the crossface chickenwing

I desperately want to see a Shibata vs Funaki singles match now

that'd be very very interesting. teacher vs student who kinda deserted him. The whole reason Shibata challenged Sakuraba in MMA at k-1 Heroes was because Saku subbed his mentor Funaki. Then right after getting subbed himself, Shibata joined Saku at Laughter 7's founding. And I still want Saku vs Muta.

Defrost
September 10th, 2013, 6:13 PM
Saku vs Muta.

I'd be stunned if Muto and Sakuraba are not on opposite sides of at least a tag match at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4

Panther52
September 10th, 2013, 9:53 PM
I'd be stunned if Muto and Sakuraba are not on opposite sides of at least a tag match at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4

that'd be really nice to see too. though hopefully it'll be in the Muta persona. Love the guy no matter, but my first real intro to him that I remember atleast was as Muta during his first NWA/WCW run. Good times!

Psycho666Soldier
September 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Has he even reprised the Muta gimmick in recent years?

Defrost
September 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM
June 2012 for Pro Wrestling Syndicate is the latest match he was Muta in that I can find

Psycho666Soldier
September 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I guess that's not as far back as I had thought, so it's feasible.

Defrost
September 15th, 2013, 5:47 PM
WRESTLE-1 "W-1 DEBUT TOUR", 15.09.2013
Nagoya International Conference Hall
1,650 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Seiki Yoshioka Debut Match: Hiroshi Yamato besiegt Seiki Yoshioka (7:26) mit einer Northern Light Bomb.
2. Women's Pro Wrestling Match: Ryo Mizunami besiegt Shu Shibutani (7:04) mit einem Diving Guillotine Drop.
3. Ryouji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO besiegen Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue (8:13) nach einem Rolling Elbow von SAKAMOTO gegen Nakanoue.
4. MAZADA besiegt Daiki Inaba (7:53) mit einem Camel Clutch.
5. Masayuki Kono besiegt Masakatsu Funaki (8:11) mit einem Running Kneelift.
6. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo besiegen Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (13:47) nach dem Power Plant von Hayashi gegen Tanaka.
7. Great Muta & TAJIRI besiegen René Duprée & Zodiac (9:41) nach dem Shining Wizard von Muta gegen Zodiac.
8. Seiya Sanada besiegt KAI (14:46) mit einer Moonsault Press.

Panther52
September 16th, 2013, 6:12 PM
lol so he wrestled as Great Muta yesterday? i'm taking credit saying he answered part of my request anyway :P

Panther52
September 19th, 2013, 7:51 PM
these matches are up on dailymotion now for those who haven't seen em. and finally no music blackout!

Defrost
September 21st, 2013, 3:33 PM
WRESTLE-1 "RAISING AN ARMY TOUR", 21.09.2013
Kyoto KBS Hall
750 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA besiegen HUB & Daiki Inaba (8:15) nach einem Thrust Kick von NOSAWA gegen Inaba.
2. Rene Dupree & Zodiac besiegen Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue (7:03) mit einem Michinoku Driver II von Dupree gegen Nakanoue.
3. Women's Pro Wrestling Match: Syuri besiegt Makoto (5:15) mit einem German Suplex Hold.
4. Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka besiegen Hiroshi Yamato & Seiki Yoshioka (11:10) mit einem Boston Crab von Tanaka gegen Yoshioka.
5. KAI besiegt Seiya Sanada (12:55) mit dem Splash Plancha.
6. Masakatsu Funaki besiegt Masayuki Kono (13:04) durch DQ.
7. The Great Muta & TAJIRI besiegen Masayuki Kono & KAZMA SAKAMOTO (10:25) nach dem Shining Wizard von Muta gegen KAZMA.
8. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi besiegen Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo (17:14) nach einem Powerbomb von Okabayashi gegen Kondo.

Cewsh
September 21st, 2013, 5:15 PM
Actually, that show looks pretty great. They should have run that one for the debut.

Defrost
October 6th, 2013, 9:17 PM
WRESTLE-1 "WRESTLE-1 ~ FIRST TRIP", 06.10.2013 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,750 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. El Hijo del Pantera besiegt Daiki Inaba (4:58) mit einer Swanton Bomb.
2. Masayuki Kono besiegt Yasufumi Nakanoue (4:27) mit einem Kneelift.
3. Women's Pro-Wrestling Match: AKINO besiegt Maki Narumiya (11:00) mit einem Wrist-Clutch Exploder.
4. Ryota Hama & Hiroshi Yamato besiegen NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA (8:26) nach einem Thunder Drop von Hama gegen MAZADA.
5. Koji Kanemoto besiegt Seiki Yoshioka (7:38) mit einem Ankle Hold.
6. Manabu Nakanishi besiegt Kaz Hayashi (7:02) mit einem Argentine Backbreaker.
7. Handicap Match: Masakatsu Funaki besiegt Masayuki Kono, Ryouji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO (0:35) als Kono disqualifiziert wurde.
8. Keiji Muto, Masakatsu Funaki & Jeff Jarrett besiegen Masayuki Kono, Ryouji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO (13:24) nach einem Hybrid Blaster von Funaki gegen SAKAMOTO.
9. Yoshihiro Takayama besiegt Minoru (10:10) mit einem Everest German Suplex Hold.
10. Shuji Kondo besiegt Yuji Okabayashi (11:21) mit der King Kong Lariat.
11. KAI besiegt Seiya Sanada (15:50) mit dem Splash Plancha.