PDA

View Full Version : Sting to WWE?

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 2:51 PM
Seems like every year these rumors pop up and they never come to fruition. We're getting to the end of the line for Sting, so if he's ever going to have a run in WWE it's this time. There are four questions here:

1) Should WWE want to sign Sting?
2) Should Sting want to go to WWE?
3) Will it happen?
4) If he did come to WWE, would it succeed?

My answers:

1) Probably.
2) Definitely.
3) Maybe.
4) Depends.

I'll elaborate more later. What do you all think?

Cewsh
July 2nd, 2013, 2:52 PM
No. Yes. No. No.

StoneColdChris
July 2nd, 2013, 3:04 PM
No
Of course he would, he's even stated he's always wanted to work Mania
No
No

Edit: I'm fine with him going for the HOF and a STING DVD, but as an actual run in the ring: nope

Kimura Kid
July 2nd, 2013, 3:07 PM
1) Yes - He's always been a huge name within the industry and has the potential to bring in a lot of revenue for the company and possibly bring new viewers to the product

2) Yes - It's the biggest stage in professional wrestling. No better way to end your career than in the WWE. And it's an opportunity to solidify himself as a legend being inducted to the hall of fame.

3) Probably - I assume both sides see the benefit of making it happen and I don't think either parties are naive enough to miss this opportunity

4) Yes - He's one of the only guys that we have wanted to see inside of a WWE ring that hasn't. It would be a big deal in most fans eyes and probably bring back some old as well as new viewers.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 2nd, 2013, 3:08 PM
1: No.

Assuming no major change in the demographic they're generally marketing to these days, it makes little sense.

While a certain section of enlightened fans will see this as a defining moment, the vast majority of their Target audience, on seeing him, will think "Bloody Hell, Jeff Hardy aged a bit since we last saw him!"

To about 85-90% of whom the WWE is trying to sell their product to, his name means zero.

2: If he's considering it purely as a monetarial move, yes.
If he's thinking, beyond the initial entrance/feud, that his stature will be enhanced further than it already is, no.

3: If HHH can sweet talk BRUNO, anything is possible.

4: Depends on the definition of "succeed" - Some would call getting his signature on a contract successful enough, others will call failure if he doesnt end the Streak, look equal against Cena, beat The Shield 3 on 1 with one hand tied behind his back, etc.

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 3:16 PM
http://adsales.wwe.com/research/

Only 15% of WWE's audience is in the 12-17 range that wouldn't be likely to know who Sting is. The largest age group (41% of viewers) is in the 18-34 range. People in the middle of that range and up would have started watching wrestling in the late 80s and early 90s and would definitely know who Sting is and care about. The younger members of the audience can be educated pretty quickly about who he is and his look is unique enough that he will grab their attention instantly.

chatty
July 2nd, 2013, 3:16 PM
I would like him to just come over for HOF and DVD but honestly if WWE sign him then there is no way they are at least not gonna blast him out for one match at a Mania.

I think they could build it well to do good business for a one of though. If they hype it enough and get it going mainstream, some good build up promo's etc then I think a lot of people would tune in including a lot of guys on the nostalgia bandwagon, a bit like they did for the Rock but not on the same level. The main problem is that he has never worked for the company so he wont have that core base that the likes of Hogan had when they returned.

That said I still think it would be big, if they were gonna do it then I'd be asking he went away for a few months and gt in the best shape he possibly can at this age, get him all dressed back up in the crow like sting mode and have him match Taker - (in some ways it would be a shame that others dont get this match but at the same time it would be a huge spectacle), they can do a spot fest and have Taker beat him after some hairy moments.

Then they year after stick him in the HOF (along with Warrior) and release a best of DVD.

The_Mike
July 2nd, 2013, 3:22 PM

Yes. Unless he wants a crazy amount of cash, they can easily make a bit of money from him, and we are increasingly approaching the point where they won't have the option any more.

Yes. TNA is a mess, WWE could let him retire even more comfortably and put him in the spotlight for a last swansong. There's no real downside, other than he might have a slightly heavier schedule for a few weeks.

3) Will it happen?

I think it will, eventually. Neither party is likely to walk away from a decent bundle of cash, and there doesn't seem to be any serious animosity between them either.

It would bore me to tears, he'd probably have two crappy matches and one decent one, and most Sting fans would rave about how great it was to finally see him in a WWE ring while newer fans will probably swallow Michael Cole shilling the shit out of him as a big deal. I imagine it will be profitable, though won't set the world on fire.

Mills
July 2nd, 2013, 3:25 PM
If they will give RVD a part time schedule, I wouldn't expect Sting to work a full time schedule.

Realistically though, Sting isnt getting younger, but WWE has made a pretty penny from the WCW catalog recently and would love to make some more cash from it. He could work a light schedule and end it with a HOF induction followed by a McMahon match at WM 30. Why not? No one would lose in this, except for TNA.

Cewsh
July 2nd, 2013, 3:27 PM

Only 15% of WWE's audience is in the 12-17 range that wouldn't be likely to know who Sting is. The largest age group (41% of viewers) is in the 18-34 range. People in the middle of that range and up would have started watching wrestling in the late 80s and early 90s and would definitely know who Sting is and care about. The younger members of the audience can be educated pretty quickly about who he is and his look is unique enough that he will grab their attention instantly.

Those numbers are very incomplete, since they aren't factoring in the percentage of those fans who would likely be too young to have watched Sting regularly. Lets generously say that they would have had to have been at least 8 during Sting's last major mainstream year in 2000. That means that nobody younger than 20 counts into that figure. And that was being generous.

Anaconda Sniper
July 2nd, 2013, 3:27 PM
Yes. Hes a big name and they can make money off dvds and all sorts of merch.

Up to him really. I'd say yes..as a huge name you'd think he want to finish out in the big leagues. But hes never been in the WWE so who knows.

3) Will it happen?
Probably not.

Yes. Merch wise it would..idk about match wise though..but I'm sure promos/vignettes would help a lot.

virms
July 2nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
If they will give RVD a part time schedule, I wouldn't expect Sting to work a full time schedule.

Realistically though, Sting isnt getting younger, but WWE has made a pretty penny from the WCW catalog recently and would love to make some more cash from it. He could work a light schedule and end it with a HOF induction followed by a McMahon match at WM 30. Why not? No one would lose in this, except for TNA.

I am sure Flair would induct him

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 2nd, 2013, 3:30 PM

This would assume that all of said 41% were WCW viewers during his time there, and cared enough to want him to take an, albeit temporary, top line spot from somebody else.

I'm not denying the man's legacy.

But I do feel, to the vast majority, that it wont be the massive, colliding of worlds impact that it will be to some of us.

Mills
July 2nd, 2013, 3:31 PM
It'd have to be Flair, anyone else wouldn't be worthy in older fans eyes

Mills
July 2nd, 2013, 3:32 PM
This would assume that all of said 41% were WCW viewers during his time there, and cared enough to want him to take an, albeit temporary, top line spot from somebody else.

I'm not denying the man's legacy.

But I do feel, to the vast majority, that it wont be the massive, colliding of worlds impact that it will be to some of us.

With this, I'd like to remind everyone that this same argument was brought up when Bret came back for his mini run, and it was hardly a disaster..... minus his McMahon match at Wrestlemania

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 2nd, 2013, 3:39 PM
With this, I'd like to remind everyone that this same argument was brought up when Bret came back for his mini run, and it was hardly a disaster..... minus his McMahon match at Wrestlemania

A good point.

However, Montreal has been mentioned at least in passing nearly every year since he left, WWE for at least a couple of years before his return kept his name semi-relevant in the minds of the fanbase, via the boxset, HOF, and the majority of his highlights were in the WWE.

I do see the thinking, but feel the cases are too different for comparison.

Cewsh
July 2nd, 2013, 3:43 PM
Actually with Hart I think everything after the initial comeback show was a pretty steep downward slope in terms of quality and crowd reactions.

Tainted Eclipse
July 2nd, 2013, 3:44 PM
He's old, probably can't work anymore(I don't think I've ever see a String TNA match) and probably isn't a big deal with the WWE crowd. The "dream match" the internet always kicks around is Sting vs. Undertaker at Mania, and with maybe one or two Manias left for Undertaker there's a long list of matches I'd much, much rather see. With how many hot, interesting new acts they have right now I don't want a washed up star of old who can't hang in the ring anymore taking up screen time. Hell, I don't even want the Rock to come back. NO to everything except "should Sting want to," because of course he should.

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 3:51 PM
Putting aside the debate about what percentage of their audience knows who he is already, wouldn't everyone agree that it would make a big difference if they educated the audience on who he was? No one knew who Bray Wyatt was before they started running vignettes for him. Now people are fucking pumped to see the guy show up because they made us care with those awesome video packages. Sin Cara is probably a better example in the sense that he was a guy who was a huge star elsewhere that most members of their audience were unaware of. I thought they did a pretty good job of building up Sin Cara and he got a solid response when he debuted. Sting is much easier to introduce because: A) He wrestles in America B) Lots of people employed by WWE have wrestled against him and can testify to his greatness (Big Show, Jericho, Mysterio, Dusty, Christian, Bret Hart, and Flair are the obvious guys that come to mind) and C) They own the footage of most of his career.

Give WWE's production team (Best in the World at What They Do) four weeks to introduce Sting with video packages of his greatest career moments and guys lauding his greatness and I don't think there's going to be any problem getting the fans to respond when he shows up. It's also not like he's some bland guy in trunks either, his look is unique and kids will instantly like the guy for that. Kids have always been the group Sting was most popular with for that reason.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 2nd, 2013, 3:53 PM
Another thing that springs to mind regarding the Hart comparison is that Hart was never being projected for anything like the Taker scenario that seems to be the most popular reasoning behind a WWE move - he legally couldn't be, with the Lloyds of London policy, hence the Vince mess.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 3:54 PM
Seems like every year these rumors pop up and they never come to fruition. We're getting to the end of the line for Sting, so if he's ever going to have a run in WWE it's this time. There are four questions here:

3) Will it happen?

My answers:

1) Probably.
2) Definitely.
3) Maybe.
4) Depends.

I'll elaborate more later. What do you all think?

1. Hell yes
2. Bloody hell yes
3. Oh God, I hope so
4. Without question

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 3:57 PM
Nobody ever gets you as excited as the talent who you first connected with.

Sting could join WWE, have awful feuds and matches and stink the place out, I wouldn't care. As I said earlier, I've never bought a Wrestlemania, but if Sting joins and has a match at WM I would have to buy it.

Sting. At Wrestlemania, Christ man. :hyper:

Cewsh
July 2nd, 2013, 3:58 PM
You're right, JP. I'm on board if we get the greatest tag team match of all time.

FIRST TIME EVER, FORMER PARTNERS REUNITE

ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND STING VS. KANE AND UNDERTAKER

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
July 2nd, 2013, 3:59 PM
Getting the fans to respond - definitely, if done right.

Getting the fans to treat him like The Second Coming (which, it would appear even those of us here cant find a consensus on) - I don't see it.

Could it be good? Maybe, but 20yrs from now, to my mind it wont be the defining, all time great moment the WWE would like it to be.

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 4:00 PM
I think Bret is a poor comparison. Bret Hart never had much personality. What got him over was always his wrestling ability and without that there's not much about him. His already average speaking ability has unfortunately been degraded by his stroke. Sting, for comparison, has one of the best looks ever in wrestling. He's not the best talker by any means, but he's always displayed more personality than Bret. And, of course, Sting can actually wrestle a match, which Bret is unfortunately no longer capable of.

I also think that the Bret/Vince feud could have been better if it had been written better. Bret's medical condition and insurance issues prevent him from ever having any kind of real match, but if they had put together a better feud and kept the match in the 2-3 minute range (Bret beats up Vince, Vince gets Bret with a low blow and hits him a few times, Bret comes back and locks Vince in the Sharpshooter, Vince gives up), it would have been fine.

Cewsh
July 2nd, 2013, 4:22 PM
Sting, for comparison, HAD one of the best looks ever in wrestling.

I feel this needs to be corrected.

Kimura Kid
July 2nd, 2013, 4:24 PM
Bret's look was very cool at the time too. Think it's hard to argue that the Pink & Black isn't one of the most popular attire's to ever grace the WWE.

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 4:26 PM
If he lost a few pounds and wore an outfit similar to what he wore at Starrcade 1997 (shirt-like top with no sleeves, covered his body and shoulders) he would look fine.

Jimmy Zero
July 2nd, 2013, 5:13 PM
Sting was one of the only reasons I watched WCW in the late 90's. Really awesome, but not a guy I'm dying to see come back and feud with most of the regular roster.

If he were coming back to work a part time schedule and face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, I'd be all for it.

Kneeneighbor
July 2nd, 2013, 5:27 PM
They should want him and he should want them.

I think it is going to happen.

This is the tricky one. Can they agree on something that is good for both. WWE doesnt need him headlining a PPV but he can be in the mix and around things for a year before heading out. I do not want him vs Taker at mania though. Hopefully Sting understands he is not in a place to be the man, even for a short time, and will agree to be used in a way that is good for all.

Fanny Batter
July 2nd, 2013, 5:27 PM
The Sting vs Undertaker thing surely has no relevance anymore, yeah Sting was WCW's phenom but that company closed down 12 years ago, with his peak as a character coming 3-4 years prior to that. If it was in Atlanta sure, but it isn't. There's a load more fitting wrestlers for Undertaker to face with tge right build - Cena, Lesnar, some dude that retires Kane. Wouldn't be worth the time.

However, Hall of Fame, DVD, Sting Appreciation Night, a "throwback" Nitro themed Raw? Absolutely.

Andy
July 2nd, 2013, 5:37 PM
a "throwback" Nitro themed Raw? Absolutely.

Now THAT would be cool.

Kneeneighbor
July 2nd, 2013, 5:38 PM
If they want to sing someone who is 50+ years old and has an impressive win or two under their belts they should hire my dad. Hes not wrestling with anyone at the moment so it would be a lot smoother than the whole Sting thing.

The_Mike
July 2nd, 2013, 5:52 PM
Those numbers are very incomplete, since they aren't factoring in the percentage of those fans who would likely be too young to have watched Sting regularly. Lets generously say that they would have had to have been at least 8 during Sting's last major mainstream year in 2000. That means that nobody younger than 20 counts into that figure. And that was being generous.

8 isn't very generous at all. I remember plenty of guys who were wrestling when I was 5 who disappeared from the WWF in the next year or two. And "nobody younger than 20" isn't exactly a minority of the 18-34 demographic.

Simmo Fortyone
July 2nd, 2013, 5:59 PM
Who would he feud with?

Andy
July 2nd, 2013, 6:15 PM
This is also a big problem. Undertaker is the obvious one, which Sting would lose. Who else? Kane? Don't think there's money in that. Cena? Big money there possibly but the outcome would be incredibly obvious. I guess Orton could go back to the Legend Killer thing but you'd expect him to win every time. Same with Punk. Same with Trips, Brock, Rock. Who would he realistically feud with and be expected to beat? That's why I think it'll be one match with Taker and no more if it ever happens.

Version 6
July 2nd, 2013, 6:29 PM
As others have alluded to, if he's going to show up with his stupid Joker makeup and his accountants hair cut, and wear a t-shirt in the ring, I'd prefer not. It would only serve to tarnish his legacy really.

If he loses weight, grows his hair out and they give him the crow gimmick and pretty much just pretend everything after 1998 never happened, I'd be happy with that.

Can you imagine the reaction if during a Raw close to Mania, taker is in the ring talking about the streak - lights go off - spotlight on the rafters- Sting points the baseball bat at Taker - credits.

Kneeneighbor
July 2nd, 2013, 6:30 PM
I would have him get beaten by a Bray Wyatt. Then start to doubt himself. He can pick up the revenge win in a tag format a month or two later which then gives him the confidence to challenge one of the big dogs where he comes within inches of winning several times but just cant quite do it which leads to his retirement.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 7:13 PM
Can you imagine the reaction if during a Raw close to Mania, taker is in the ring talking about the streak - lights go off - spotlight on the rafters- Sting points the baseball bat at Taker - credits.

I think I'd be in danger of suffering a cardiac arrest.

Vice
July 2nd, 2013, 8:23 PM
I'd rather the lights go bright and then..

http://i.imgur.com/oTJThIk.png

Hero!
July 2nd, 2013, 8:26 PM
I'd want to see Sting combine all personas. White facepaint with that design around the eyes and the red lip joker make-up.

mr sabu
July 2nd, 2013, 8:28 PM
sting vs bryan
vs punk
vs brock
vs ambrose
vs rollins
vs bray
vs taker

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 2nd, 2013, 8:43 PM
I'd want to see Sting as his MEM character. I think he'd have more staying power leading a younger crop of wrestlers. I wish he'd have done this gimmick much earlier than he did.

wardy
July 2nd, 2013, 9:05 PM
The Shield vs Sting and The Police

Version 6
July 2nd, 2013, 9:30 PM
No one gives a fuck about the Joker character or the MEM or anything like that.

Wasting a Sting v Taker match (or anything Sting does in WWE) on his stupid TNA persona would be a criminal waste and incredibly underwhelming.

mr sabu
July 2nd, 2013, 9:44 PM
and besides we already have a psychopath

his name is ambrose

StoneColdWWE316
July 2nd, 2013, 11:17 PM
I think Sting should close out his Career in the WWE and he's the only Legend left that hasn't stepped foot in their Ring. He's done as much as he can for TNA IMO.

JRSlim21
July 2nd, 2013, 11:34 PM
I can't see Sting not joining WWE for anything other than a part time deal. He joined TNA because of the work schedule. That said, he's a man who knows his place. Sting vs Taker can still do money. I'm not expecting a 5 star classic; I'm expecting a nice nostalgia match. If anything, I can see him sticking around to either put someone over as an opponent or maybe even as a veteran that he gives his blessing to.

turdpower
July 3rd, 2013, 2:16 AM
Does Sting still have the most underwhelming finisher ever? A reverse DDT.

Putting poisonous animals and the word DEATH in it, doesn't suddenly make it good.

Vice
July 3rd, 2013, 2:30 AM
Hey now, don't forget about the Scorpion Deathlock.

http://www.halberstam.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Sting-sitting-494x277.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NFn91T60dOk/TYKSAFNLRmI/AAAAAAAAAHI/SxwbicZoitI/s1600/sting%2Bdeathlock%2Bhardy.jpg

Version 6
July 3rd, 2013, 2:41 AM
Does Sting still have the most underwhelming finisher ever? A reverse DDT.

Putting poisonous animals and the word DEATH in it, doesn't suddenly make it good.

The Scorpion Death Lock worked perfectly for the year he wasn't wrestling actual matches, and was just sneaking up on nWo members from behind. The pull of the hair, reef back, and drop was great.

BBF
July 3rd, 2013, 4:41 AM
Give him a year contract, build him towards Taker at WM30 and the money will roll in. I'm not even a Sting fan (never have been) but I can see it happening. He's an icon and the majority of fans 20+ are going to be excited by it.

Whatever money they give him they'll make back double between merch, ticket sales, dvds and stuff and the feud with Taker writes itself really.

The match quality probably won't be the best but the psychology between the two in the build up to it would be immense. Imagine Taker in the ring when it goes to black, lights come on and Sting is in the rafters just staring at him. The next week the same thing happens but Taker disappears when the lights go off again. He's not seen for a couple of weeks until he comes to the ring looking like a shell of himself. He doesn't speak just looks exhausted, confused and very un-Undertaker like. For the first time Taker looks like a deadman in both body and spirit.

His mental state doesn't improve over the couple of weeks leading up to Mania. He's seen in graveyards (perhaps at Paul Bearers grave?) and the like trying to find the old Taker within but it doesn't seem to be working. For the first time in a long time it seems the streak might be underthreat as Sting, the other Phenom, looks to have broken him before WrestleMania has even begun.

We have our match setup (without a word being uttered) between the two faces of WWE and WCW and some legitimate belief that the Undertaker might not make it through the match let alone win it.

Newf
July 3rd, 2013, 1:25 PM
The Scorpion Death Lock worked perfectly for the year he wasn't wrestling actual matches, and was just sneaking up on nWo members from behind. The pull of the hair, reef back, and drop was great.

Death Lock was his name for the Sharpshooter. Death DROP was his name for the reverse DDT.

Funboy
July 3rd, 2013, 6:44 PM
I'd like to see Sting in WWE.
But not wearing a t-shirt over his tights.

Simmo Fortyone
July 3rd, 2013, 7:39 PM
The feud with Taker seems like the obvious way to go, but there is no goddamn way on this green earth that Sting would end the streak, and it would be very difficult to convince the fans of that.

JustDuett
July 3rd, 2013, 9:02 PM
Give him a year contract, build him towards Taker at WM30 and the money will roll in. I'm not even a Sting fan (never have been) but I can see it happening. He's an icon and the majority of fans 20+ are going to be excited by it.

Whatever money they give him they'll make back double between merch, ticket sales, dvds and stuff and the feud with Taker writes itself really.

The match quality probably won't be the best but the psychology between the two in the build up to it would be immense. Imagine Taker in the ring when it goes to black, lights come on and Sting is in the rafters just staring at him.

I whole-heartedly believe that that right there....Lights out, a lone spotlight hitting the rafters while Taker is in the dark ring...I think if Vince puts that on any one of his RAW shows between January-March next year, sales for WM30 ppv would go through the roof. I may be naive, and I am not trying to sound like a huge fanboy, but I think a large enough chunk of the general wrestling audience would jump IMMEDIATELY if a "crossover" like that graced their televisions.

The_Mike
July 3rd, 2013, 9:08 PM
Does the general wrestling audience still exist? I have no idea of the answer to that question, and I do believe that bringing in Sting will earn WWE some money, but I'm not sure there are enough people left who consider themselves wrestling fans who are still paying much attention to WWE. Obviously there's WWE's current fanbase, and I'm not meaning to imply they aren't real wrestling fans, but I suspect that the kinds of people who would pay money to see Sting are largely either already watching WWE fairly consistently or have tuned out of wrestling years ago. In 2013, where is Sting's crossover appeal coming from? TNA? He clearly isn't drawing much there.

JustDuett
July 3rd, 2013, 9:25 PM
Very valid point. I suppose you are right as far as the general wrestling audience. Thinking of a "crossover" in the sense as someone previously mentioned as a face of WCW/face of WWE battle would rely heavily on fan memories from 13+ years ago, and you are right, that is a stretch. His TNA career most likely would not even get a blurb in his WWE storyline, so that definitely would not be a selling point and the legacy from WCW is nowhere near what it would have been 10 years ago. I definitely do think it would sell, but more so in the sense of selling to the wider audience that tunes in casually, or even religiously, yet does not tune into any of the PPVs. It would be a $$$ decision for Vince and I think it would be extremely successful in that sense.

El_Dandy
July 4th, 2013, 2:25 AM
Sting is still a better worker than Rob Van Dam.... zing! To answer you questions....

1. Yes... They'll make more in merch/dvd/ppv then they pay him.
2. Let me ask him...
3. I forgot the third question.
4. It will probably be perfectly average.

Atty
July 4th, 2013, 3:08 AM
Michael Cole is a better worker than RVD...

1. Yes
2. Yes, he should.
3. No
4. Yes, but not to anywhere near expectations

OD50
July 4th, 2013, 4:35 AM
If Sting somehow could get back into the shape he was at BFG 2006 I wouldn't mind him wrestling the Undertaker at WrestleMania. The right amount of cash and motivation might just do the trick.

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?du=http%3a%2f%2fslam.canoe.ca%2f Slam%2fWrestling%2fGallery%2fTNA%2f2006%2f10%2f23% 2fsting_champ.jpg&ru=http%3a%2f%2fslam.canoe.ca%2fSlam%2fWrestling%2 fGallery%2fTNA%2f2006%2f10%2f23%2fsting_champ.jpg&ld=20130704&ap=14&app=1&c=info.dogpl.t10.6&s=dogpile&coi=772&cop=main-title&euip=85.226.90.252&npp=14&p=0&pp=0&pvaid=1a6f2333fc9544f48f32957dfbc6e1ac&sid=1830193568.1893164934769.1372926531&vid=1830193568.1893164934769.1369996320.140&fcoi=408&fcop=topnav&fct.uid=f9b6fe1cf5a44ef582d902fa12296de7&fpid=2&ep=14&mid=9&en=0WEFU%2fZhSoRu9%2f1IAlkgOM%2b4NJA%2fiO7R3ImbMQ7 JMVnBr05ql6JgXA%3d%3d&hash=5CF5796C69CC3C2B1F236F3F8CB1E59A

It definitely wouldn't be a taker/HBK, taker/Punk classic, but I'm sure it would be a decent and just as importantly, very intriguing match.

Atty
July 4th, 2013, 4:48 AM
That's the sole reason I put YESs to whether he and WWE should want it. They're more willing to build over one huge match and, done right, as a spectacle, Taker/Sting could be amazing entertainment. That said, the match would never match sky high expectations it would carry, but that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing.

Andy
July 4th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Sting was mid 40s then, now he's 54. There's no way he'll be getting into that sort of shape again.

Atty
July 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
That's the sole reason I put YESs to whether he and WWE should want it. They're more willing to build over one huge match and, done right, as a spectacle, Taker/Sting could be amazing entertainment. That said, the match would never match sky high expectations it would carry, but that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing.

To add to this thought, a big reason WWE should want him in some sort of spectacle match with a huge build (ie: Taker at Mania) is all of his WCW stuff they could sell. They could build him up in a big feud at the biggest time of the year and churn out DVDs that we'd gladly buy. Plus, Vince could stroke his ego by chronicling his career and ignoring TNA completely.

There is so much great stuff from WCW that Sting did that I'd love to see proper treatment done. Not just matches, but the build to Hogan, feuding with Flair and a retrospective that honestly depicts his coming up.

virms
July 4th, 2013, 1:19 PM
If they got Sting by the rumble they could have a nice history of sting dvd out before mania.

OD50
July 4th, 2013, 1:23 PM
Man, a Sting documentary spanning from the Freedom Fighters/Powerteam USA/Bladerunners days, through the JCP/NWA era and up until the final WCW Nitro in Panama hosted by Steve Borden himself would be ace.

Instabuy. :yes:

The Law
July 4th, 2013, 2:02 PM
My fantasy Sting DVD match listing:

-vs. Ric Flair, Clash of the Champions (45 minute Time Limit Draw, made Sting a star)
-vs. Great Muta, Great American Bash 1989 (Great match. Barely ten minutes, but they go non-stop the whole time)
-vs. Ric Flair, Great American Bash 1990 (Sting's first WCW Championship win. Not the best match, mostly there for historic purposes)
-vs. Cactus Jack, Beach Blast 1992 (Awesome Falls Count Anywhere match. Should have made Mick Foley a star in WCW)
-vs. Vader, Starrcade 1992 (Finals of the King of Cable Tournament. Fucking awesome match)
-w/Lex Luger vs. Steiner Brothers, SuperBrawl I
-vs. Steven Regal, Great American Bash 1996 (Kind of a forgotten gem. The NWO showing up overshadowed everything that was going on at that time)
-vs. Hogan, Starrcade 1997 (Not a great match, but the best known Sting match)
-w/Ultimate Warrior vs. Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan (Five minute Nitro match, but the only reunification of the Dingo Warriors)
-vs. Bret Hart, Halloween Havoc 1998 (Good match, and one of the only meetings between these two legends)
-vs. DDP, Nitro, April 26 1999 (Great match. Forgotten classic. Good thing WCW gave it away for free with no build)
-vs. Ric Flair, Nitro March 26, 2001 (Main event of the final Nitro. Perfect way to say goodbye to WCW)

OD50
July 4th, 2013, 2:17 PM
I would throw in some really early stuff like The Bladerunners in Mid-South, maybe a match or two from the UWF during the Hot Stuff International stable and his feud with Eddie Gilbert/Rick Steiner. Maybe throw in his TV title win over Mike Rotunda, think that was his first ever major singles title.

I have vague memories of a 1998 Sting/DDP match on Nitro that I liked better than the one in 1999. I remember both matches had the exact same finish with Sting blocking the Diamond Cutter in the corner and reversing it into the SDD.

For whatever reasons I have never seen Sting/Vader from Starrcade '92, will go watch it in a bit. :yes:

Panther52
July 5th, 2013, 6:02 PM
The question isn't "should they want each other" it's do they need each other? and the answer is no. WWE will be just fine without the Stinger. And Sting's status in wrestling is cemented whether he goes to the WWE or not. If Sting does go over to the WWE I wish him well. He's the reason I was a fan of western wrestling for so long. I also have to say this. It's not the sharpshooter and NEVER really was!. It's Scorpion Hold, Scorpion Deathlock (Mexican variation of the deathlock leglock holds.) . Riki Chosu invented it. Sting and Ronnie Garvin were doing it before Bret Hart. Hell it even looks like a scorpion when you apply it!!!! ok had my wrestling snob moment there. sorry folks :P

Kdestiny
July 5th, 2013, 6:29 PM
Well it obviously doesn't look like a Sharpshooter, it just fit the "Hitman" persona

Vice
July 5th, 2013, 6:38 PM
Hell it even looks like a scorpion when you apply it!!!!

That just blew my mind.

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 6:52 PM
Yeah, in 20 years I never noticed that.

Kdestiny
July 5th, 2013, 6:58 PM
Okay

lotjx
July 5th, 2013, 7:21 PM
The fact of the matter is WWE was never able to get WCW's almost 2 million people even near the end. When they did have WCW, they fucked it up on purpose when they would have made more money than God if they did Invasion correctly. Sting in WWE would be great if they could do it correctly. Since they can't. They can't do anything right with returning stars. I am just going to buy the Sting DVD, applaude him at the HOF, be happy for his Wrestlemania retirement check and hope he goes back to TNA where he can be treated like a real star.

Jimmy Zero
July 5th, 2013, 7:34 PM
Well, everyone, time to pack it up.

lotjx has spoken.

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 9:45 PM
Real stars job to Bubba Ray Dudley on PPV.

The Law
July 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Remember how people used to constantly say that "Wrestler X should go to TNA where they'll use him right?"

Where the fuck did people get the idea that TNA would use anyone right? How many people has TNA ever used right?

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Well it worked for Christian, which I think was the source of all of that. And it worked out pretty well for Angle too. It worked great for Mr. Anderson and D'Angelo Dinero for about 4 months. Beyond those 4...

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Remember how people used to constantly say that "Wrestler X should go to TNA where they'll use him right?"

Where the fuck did people get the idea that TNA would use anyone right? How many people has TNA ever used right?
I'm sure Jeff Jarrett feels he was used well.

Jimmy Zero
July 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I've never seen an episode of any TNA programming, so you guys will have to fill me in on this, but I remember a few years back hearing that AJ Styles was this amazing transcendent talent. Wouldn't that, aside from being apparently good in the ring, indicate that TNA used at least somewhat well? I know nothing about the guy.

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM
You know how Chris Jericho was great and he alllllmost made it to the main event around 2000, but just kind of hovered there for awhile having great matches while everyone complained about his lack of push?

It's that, for 11 years.

He's been fucked over, depushed, passed over, and had the rug pulled out from under him for the entire duration of TNA's history, despite being it's most identifiable homegrown star.

Mills
July 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM
He's their one true homegrown star. He's been at the promotion from day 1 and has done everything he possibly could do there.

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
What tends to happen is that someone is doing their own thing and they become amazing before just disappearing into the background. Mr. Kennedy is an example there, where he had a great feud with Angle and probably the best cage match ever. He got over and when they pushed him, it all fell apart. Styles is always around and great, but they're fairly ADD and tend to latch onto the next thing they see before they can really take off. Bubba Dudley emerged as an absolutely amazingly brilliant singles talent but they never really ran with him as the face of the company. At least not before I stopped watching.

Jimmy Zero
July 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
You know how Chris Jericho was great and he alllllmost made it to the main event around 2000, but just kind of hovered there for awhile having great matches while everyone complained about his lack of push?

It's that, for 11 years.

He's been fucked over, depushed, passed over, and had the rug pulled out from under him for the entire duration of TNA's history, despite being it's most identifiable homegrown star.

So, immense talent that manages to shine through in spite of terrible booking?

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Actually, Jericho is the the perfect comparison for Styles.

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 10:38 PM

Bingo.

He's won the World title 2 or 3 times due to completely overwhelming fan support and those reigns resulted in turning heel with Vince Russo as his manager, jobbing almost immediately to Jeff Jarrett and turning heel as the new Nature Boy, which is like giving Steve Austin's gimmick to the Miz. Despite all that, the man has been wowing people for years and years. MichaelC actually made a great comparison by saying that AJ Styles is basically Shawn Michaels without WWE to push him.

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Styles has way more hair.

Jimmy Zero
July 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys.

Any reason he's never made the jump? Does WWE just not want him, or vice versa?

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 10:53 PM
As much as I love him, he wouldn't make it in WWE. He's small by TNA standards which could mean that he'd actually Rey sized in a WWE ring.

The Law
July 5th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Styles is billed at 5'10, which means he's probably actually 5'8. He'd look really fucking tiny in a WWE ring. Evan Bourne is billed at 5'9. It's pretty hard to imagine Evan Bourne making it into the main event. I mean, Mysterio is probably like 5'5, but he also had an exceptionally cool look, a huge built-in fanbase among kids, the Hispanic fans, and internet fans, and it took him years to get into the main event. And if Eddie hadn't died there's a decent change he never would have. Yeah, I hate to say it but I think Styles would probably end up stuck in the midcard if he ever went to WWE.

Vice
July 5th, 2013, 11:14 PM
AJ is Daniel Bryan sized. Sans beard.

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 11:23 PM
The reason AJ wouldn't make it in WWE has little to do with his size, in my opinion. It's his below average mic skills (and southern accent, to an extent).

It's a shame how his career hasn't exactly set the world alight, because he really is an incredible talent. Very few can put on the kind of explosive performances he has been doing for over 10 years.

One Man Gang
July 5th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Plus he'd have to change his name to Styles McGee because of AJ Lee.

Pipkin
July 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I have family in Tennesse, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Florida, and I've spoken with a slight southern drawl for most of my life...but AJ just sounds goofy when he speaks. I don't think it's the accent on its own, but the accent combined with the strange inflection he chooses and the odd pauses he takes when he cuts promos.

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
As an aside, I was fairly sure that his run with Flair didn't include the World Title.

Cewsh
July 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM
It did.

Atty
July 5th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Plus he'd have to change his name to Styles McGee because of AJ Lee.

It'd be great if they said AJ Lee and AJ Styles were siblings.

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Shows what a shit run it was then, I guess.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 12:15 AM
equally true mcbain

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 6th, 2013, 12:18 AM

And then gets a terrible tattoo. Fits perfectly.

Judas Iscariot
July 6th, 2013, 12:35 AM
While we're on the subject of AJ, has Samoa Joe ever gotten a sniff from WWE?

I'd imagine with AJ being too small, Joes body might keep him away?

The Law
July 6th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Joe actually wrestled a few matches for WWE back in the early 2000s. He got squashed on Jakked and Heat. Common assumption has always been that his body would hold him back.

G-Fresh
July 6th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Yeah Essa Rios wrestled Joe back in the day on Jakked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQwALrvIf20

Judas Iscariot
July 6th, 2013, 1:13 AM
Oh man. What ever happened to Essa Rios to boot?

The TNA guys who might make it in WWE thing is weird. Joe, AJ, Roode, et al.

There are guys who you might think would make it but who knows if they would if the E got their hands on them.

Austin Aries is, from what I've seen, a Punk mirror image. As a matter of fact when Punk came out with his chops recently, the first thing that entered my mind was, "Oh shit, he looks like Aries."

Not that I know anything about TNA, to be honest, I'm rambling at the moment.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 1:23 AM
Austin has a huge attitude in a small body. I LOVE Aries, but it'll be like Teddy Hart and Low Ki before him, a bad mistake

Judas Iscariot
July 6th, 2013, 1:27 AM
Austin Aries seems to have a similar build as Punk, but how big is he really? I don't know.

Teddy Hart was a stupid fucking asshole.

Aries just sorta screams "CM PUNK" to me.

The greatest tragedy of all is clearly Colt Cabana, though.

Fucking Colt Cabana.

Vice
July 6th, 2013, 1:48 AM
Aries is like 5'6. Very small guy.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 1:52 AM
Hopefully Colt will (finally) catch on somewhere. He's too talented in the ring and on the mic not to. My concern is he's never really been able to be more then the goofy guy while he talks. I couldn't take him serious during his ROH feud with Homicide, which seemed to be his gauge to see if he could be the main face in ROH.

Vice
July 6th, 2013, 1:56 AM
I thought Cabana was really good as a serious person in that feud, but yeah, no one took him seriously because of how it was handled. Cabana turning serious needed a lot more build and depth.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 1:58 AM
Honestly, doing the serious routine then doing his Homicide rap in the middle of the blood feud live didn't help with that. He had great matches, just couldn't believe in him as what they wanted him to be.

Judas Iscariot
July 6th, 2013, 2:05 AM
Don't know anything about that feud so I will look it up.

Colt had a commentary try out recently right?

Even of he doesn't get to show off as a wrestler in the E (he's Punk's age at this point right? That window is rapidly closing) he's so knowledgable and so charismatic that it would be a damn shame if he isn't utilized in a fashion that would benefit everyone involved.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 2:19 AM
His knowledge is irrelevant, just ask Matt Striker. He'd have some potential as a character, but man I don't know what else he could do to get a job. He's Punk's best friend, he can go in the ring, and he's waaaayyyyyy funnier then Santino or whomever is their comedy wrestler at the moment

Judas Iscariot
July 6th, 2013, 2:27 AM
You're right on all points there.

I think at the very least he's a better version of Striker.

It just boggles my mind that with his charisma, ability and connections that he doesn't have some sort of position with the company.

It actually makes me sad. He has so much to offer and is such a cool dude.

Mills
July 6th, 2013, 2:34 AM
It seems like they're grooming Alex Riley for Striker's role. He's done superstars commentary for the last few weeks and seems to be solid. Shame too, I liked Riley in the ring as well.

Vice
July 6th, 2013, 4:40 AM
This just makes me want a Riley/Cabana commentary tag team. Have them be commentators that also wrestle matches from time to time. Set a microphone up in their turnbuckle, so the guy not wrestling commentates. Then when there's a tag, the other starts commentating.

Andy
July 6th, 2013, 8:11 AM
Jericho wasn't booked terribly in 2000.

lotjx
July 6th, 2013, 9:37 PM

It started off rough with feuding with Chyna then working with Chyna for the IC title that was shit. As soon as Benoit got there as well as Kurt making his move, it was fucking game on for him. The second half of 2000 jobbing to HHH then he seem to disappear. I also think him beating HHH for the title then taking it away from him only for Rock to get it was odd. Like really really odd.

Cewsh
July 6th, 2013, 9:39 PM

No, he wasn't. I didn't mean to imply that he was. He was an up and coming guy on the cusp of the main event, and they kept him there until it was time to push him higher. The point was that AJ Styles has been in that spot for 11 years just twiddling his thumbs.

Atty
July 6th, 2013, 9:48 PM
He was booked as brilliantly as humanly possible straight through the last man standing match with Triple H. Like, completely brilliant. The second half of the year was him just meandering around, feuding with Kane over coffee and whatnot. The second half looks bad because of how stupidly brilliant his first half booking was. I mean, he worked with Kurt, getting a very green Kurt really over, then Benoit, then Eddie, more Benoit, more with Kurt and with Triple H throughout. Going to X-Pac and Kane, you're going to see a drop off.

lotjx
July 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I still say if he came down with the Hardys or APA instead of Too Cool in that 10 man tag in Texas, he would have cemented himself as main event caliber. Shit, he could have buried the Radicals with his promo about them being stupid enough to stay in WCW. Too Cool was such a waste from that point on.

Atty
July 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Which 10 man tag? It's not ringing a bell.

The Law
July 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-koj9Uwdr4

Rock, Cactus, Rikishi, and II Cool vs. Triple H, X-Pac, Benoit, Saturn, and Malenko. Kane returns at the end and fucks everyone's shit up. From the February 7, 2000 episode of Raw. One of the best matches in Raw history.

McBain
July 7th, 2013, 9:41 AM
I LOVED this match!

Lagom
July 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
The only TNA guy who I'm at all interested in seeing make the transition to WWE would be Magnus.

chatty
July 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I think if used properly Roode would be a very good upper midcard to main event wrestler for WWE. Sort of like ADR but not as bland (but also probably not as successful or pushed as well).

hitster
July 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Sting has been "Mr I take it a year at a time" for several years now. His TNA contract expires next January, whether this involves the UK and Europe Tour I don't know. If Sting was going to retire then making the UK tour his UK farewell could do TNA good business. The fun could be if TNA pre-tape UK impacts and Sting crops up on RAW the next week, sure Vince would do that, he'd love it.

Sting is 54 years old now so won't be in the same shape was 10 let alone 20 years ago but he is still in good shape for his age and his TNA matches are passable.

Would he work long term in the WWE no way! Imagine asking guys like Punk, Orton, Cena etc to put over the moves of a guy 20 odd years older. But for a short term run of a few PPV's and a HOF induction it would work. Taker might have other Mania opponents on his list but if Rock worked another Mania then Sting could be a legit opponent or even a heel HHH or Kane could work a decent programme with Sting.

I agree that Flair would have to do HOF induction and with the WWE owning all Sting's WCW back catelogue of matches, they could do some great DVD packages, with interviews with Sting, Flair etc carried out by JR.

chotliwala
July 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I'm totally on board with Sting coming in for a short run. He was the wrestler that got me hooked when I accidentally stumbled upon WCW Worldwide one Saturday morning when I was little. I mean, shit, when he first returned to TNA in 2005 or whenever that was, I was so fucking geeked. I was also that person that would click every single dumb link that said "SHOCKING RUMOR: STING BACKSTAGE AT RAW IN BLUE FACE PAINT; SCHEDULED FOR MATCH WITH SHELTON BENJAMIN" or something in hopes that it was true.

Would love to see the buildup to a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker, but if his contract is up in January I worry that it would be rushed and haphazard. Think I'd rather they do it for Mania 31 with the build starting around Summerslam which would also give Sting time to not have to wear a shirt in the ring. I really just want to see Sting on Raw. Would blow my mind.

JRSlim21
July 7th, 2013, 5:11 PM
I think the main gripes people have about him are easily countered? His age means nothing when he's still competing full-time and if he goes, he'll probably be on a part-time schedule (no official basis to go on that other than seeing the schedules of Jericho, Brock, and the like). Newer fans won't know who he is... in theory, Brock is not a "PG" kind of guy, nor is the basis of the Wyatt family.

The general acceptance is a part-time legend coming in, with the lean toward facing the Undertaker. And if fans go against him, that's still a win for the WWE since they're going to want to see Taker take him down.

The_Mike
July 7th, 2013, 5:18 PM
I don't really buy those counters. I don't think TNA's schedule can really be considered Sting wrestling full time, and there's a world of difference between a Brock, who maintained a high profile in UFC and is just fucking enormous, and a 50+ year old guy who hasn't been in mainstream consciousness since before a good chunk of the fanbase was even born. Wyatt isn't looking to main event Mania on the basis of his name either. Still, I don't think WWE are going to run into big problems using Sting. Enough people remember him for his arrival to be a big deal and they can shill the heck out of him, pay him well for little work, and still make a decent amount of cash.

Vice
July 7th, 2013, 5:32 PM
If WWE can't make a HYPE AS FUCK video package to make Sting look like a goddamn emperor should he appear in WWE, then they should all be fired.

Though I'm actually kind of mixed about him wrestling in WWE. If he can get back into great shape, then maybe. However, my ideal scenario for him in WWE would be him only showing up when he is inducted into the hall of fame at WrestleMania (and the ceremony the night before), which he has to be at some point. They would most likely be in a stadium full of people that know who he is and respect him for all he's done in the business, so he'd get a great reaction. Have them introduce everyone like normal, having announcing their name and having them come on stage. But with Sting, instead of joining them on the stage like the main event usually does.. have the spotlight follow him down to the ring. Have Sting take a slow walk to the ring, a slow walk up the steps, and then the announcers can hype the fuck out of how this is the first time Sting has ever step foot inside a WWE ring. Then he can stand in the middle of the ring looking around while he gets a nice ovation, then maybe do some turnbuckle poses and run the ropes a few times, etc.

Or if someone like Flair inducts him into the HOF, then Flair can get in the ring and introduce Sting. They can pose together, hug, run the ropes, have fun putting each other in joke headlocks, etc., before Flair leaves and gives Sting the spotlight in the middle of the ring. I think it could be a cool moment.

JP
July 7th, 2013, 6:14 PM
Though I'm actually kind of mixed about him wrestling in WWE. If he can get back into great shape, then maybe. However, my ideal scenario for him in WWE would be him only showing up when he is inducted into the hall of fame at WrestleMania (and the ceremony the night before), which he has to be at some point. They would most likely be in a stadium full of people that know who he is and respect him for all he's done in the business, so he'd get a great reaction. Have them introduce everyone like normal, having announcing their name and having them come on stage. But with Sting, instead of joining them on the stage like the main event usually does.. have the spotlight follow him down to the ring. Have Sting take a slow walk to the ring, a slow walk up the steps, and then the announcers can hype the fuck out of how this is the first time Sting has ever step foot inside a WWE ring. Then he can stand in the middle of the ring looking around while he gets a nice ovation, then maybe do some turnbuckle poses and run the ropes a few times, etc.

I love it, but I'd modify it into a way that would include at least one match, the match with Taker.

Early on after the new year the WWE announce that they have signed Sting to a legends contract and he will be making his debut at the RAW after the Royal Rumble to accept being the first name to be announced for the 2014 HoF. They build it with their as usual incredible packages and introduce him on the night in exactly the way you just layed out. The reaction wouldn't just be respectful, it would be something special as this legend makes his WWE debut.

Where I diverge is when he's in the ring, we have the classic Taker interruption.

Quite early in his promo to the fans Sting would make it clear that he wasn't there to wrestle, but for the HoF. He'd state that while he was disappointed that he had never faced the likes of HBK, HHH, Edge - specifically leaving out The Undertaker - that wrestling is a young man's game etc etc. Later on in the promo, when Sting ha s gone through his history with the crowd out of nowhere, lights off and hold. Let the noise build and then one dong of the bell. Crowd goes mental and we wait in pitch black again. Another bong, this time a spotlight goes on in exactly the same place that Sting had first appeared, but now standing there is The Undertaker.

Crowd at this point would be at fever pitch.

Another bong and this time the light goes out and in total darkness again. At this point Undertakers voice is heard around the arena where he challemges Sting to one more match; The Match, the chance to end thr streak. Another bong but also this time with lightening effects and the lights come back on to have Taker in the ring standing opposite Sting. After milking the reaction Taker asks Sting if he accepts. Sting milks it for a while, looking at the sign (always gottta have a good sign look) before looking straight at Taker, taking three steps forward, getting straight in his face and doing Taker's own thumb across the throat taunt as the world collectively loses it's shit.

------

I am that much of a Sting mark I would order Wrestlemania simply because he was on it. I also however have the faith that he would get himself in good shape, especially if it was for a match against Taker.

JustDuett
July 7th, 2013, 6:54 PM
I agree with JP that my markdom over Sting back in the day was intense enough that any WWE event he was going to be on would automatically get my purchase simply for his participation. Sting would most likely have a pretty good idea of his "jumping ship" months in advance and I am sure he would work to get himself into WWE shape so that he wasn't immediately blown up/gassed in an environment like WM30.

While years ago a limited Sting run where he battled multiple WWE stars would have been (most likely) amazing, I am not sure of wanting more than a one-off with Taker. Does a 1 match + DVD, etc.-type endorsements/projects seem like something Vince would do? Even for someone like Sting? I think Vince would bring him in for multiple events and matches, and I really don't care to see them run Sting out to put over a full crop of current WWE stars "just because".

virms
July 7th, 2013, 7:23 PM
I think they should just redo that taker pacakge with him in the cabin. Everyone thinks its taker again and out steps Sting from the shadows. Everyone went into a frenzy thinking it was Sting the first time anyways.

JRSlim21
July 7th, 2013, 8:49 PM
JP makes me think of a good point. If Sting is interested in simply a Legends contract but Taker comes out says "I wanna face him," who says no?

Atty
July 7th, 2013, 9:11 PM
Silva?